Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Angels of Death
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 26, 2018 7:12 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Whoa, they actually made it out. That scene of Zack carrying Rachel in his arms feels rather iconic for this franchise.

To say the least, this has been quite a ride. These four episodes felt lesser impactful compared to the main series except for the finale. Fuck the police though. They always makes scenes more difficult to watch.
cyruzApr 19, 2020 2:13 AM
Oct 26, 2018 8:42 AM
Jun 2014
So, did Zack really kill her? because it looked like he did.
Oct 26, 2018 8:47 AM

Jul 2017
Whilst the buildup and this entire show was really boring, ending was pretty good. Not gonna lie.
Oct 26, 2018 8:49 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
was expecting the nurse to get killed lol
Oct 26, 2018 8:51 AM
May 2018
Did he kill her cause it seems like he did since there was blood on the broken window ,which was not there before
Oct 26, 2018 8:52 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
An interesting end to the series The revelations about Danny and how father's opinion on Rachel and Zack gradually changed was interesting. Without Zack Rachel's back to her usual self huh. Zack sure made a dramatic entrance back into Rachels life though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2018 8:54 AM

Jun 2013
This episode definitely had an "epilogue" feel to it.

After all of that crazy ride, Rachel and Zack had both managed to escape, wasn't exactly surprising to be honest, but I think the way they did it was quite emotional with Rachel on the verge of dying and Zack getting arrested and their reunion in the end.

I personally think these 4 episodes were pretty enjoyable, and I think they captured the way the finale of the series was supposed to be great. It was pretty fun seeing the relationship between Rachel and Zack develop through the series as I expected. This series overall wasn't totally engaging for me but it had some parts where I totally enjoyed it.

MrMushinOct 26, 2018 9:12 AM
Oct 26, 2018 9:32 AM

Jan 2014
Can someone explain that after credit scene to me? As well as Zack appearing. To me it seemed like Rachel is hallucinating or something. During the episode there was that radio talking about Zack, but it didn't finish. So it could be either him escaping or him being sentenced to death. It's probably the later as the counselor told Rachel about it. I don't really understand what the knife was doing there, as it's hard to believe that the counselors would allow a mentally unstable pantient to keep something like that.
So yeah, I'm pretty much confused.
My idea is that Zack didn't actually come for her. Rather, she committed suicide. This would be a rather ironic ending as in the beginning she was against it. I think some of the lines she said further support this idea.
Oct 26, 2018 9:42 AM

Jun 2009
oh come on wtf was that ending first <zack gt imprisoned by the police ... the didnt even care too enter the church beforehand or what !!! they totally suck than all this inbetween stuff no one really cares and than such a soapopera end get me out of here

really first half of the season wasnt bad but than ... alone the bloodloose scenes are more than crazy not too tell that zack most likly also would have needed health care in a hospital after his wounds for me a 4/10
Oct 26, 2018 10:04 AM

Jan 2018
So what really happened there

I am going with theory that Zack goes to great lengths keep their promise as we all know from since episode 1 only Zack can kill her

So he killed her
Or they escaped and living happily ever after
ArugustorOct 26, 2018 10:25 AM
Oct 26, 2018 10:06 AM

Nov 2016
This show was awful.. 1/10
Oct 26, 2018 10:27 AM

Jan 2018
Lohlaz said:
Did he kill her cause it seems like he did since there was blood on the broken window ,which was not there before

In the game the blood comes from Zack sitting on the broken bars
Oct 26, 2018 10:41 AM
Sep 2017
Ok, so here is an explanation of the ending;

Zack in the end was Ray's imagination, she hears he's dead and kills herself, but imagines him doing it, so he wouldn't break his promise/become a liar. While it's made open/ambiguous (very well made), the answer imo is still definitive - a scythe, the same clothes, knowing where she is - none of that is possible. The post-credits scene clarifies that Ray just broke through the window from the inside with the knife and hands (hence blood everywhere), chanelling her inner Zack and his iron-bars smashing skill. The fact that she has a knife is questionable, but, oh well. Other points are - Rachel forcefully jumps out of the window, but Zack just supernaturally floats; their whole final dialogue is all about how Zack is gonna keep his promise and not let Rachel kill herself; the radio about Zack was likely news that he is executed.
ExemplarCaymanOct 26, 2018 10:56 AM
Oct 26, 2018 10:47 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Well, this was a solid ending to a relatively average series.

Gray, the priest, and Doctor Danny’s conversation in the end there was somewhat baffling but true to the theme of this show, God and Angels and whatnot. Zack being arrested soon after was to be expected and Rachel thankfully was saved. I wonder if Doctor Danny and Priest Gray are still somehow alive though, I wouldn’t be wholly shocked considering they made through equally(?) tough circumstances. Doctor Danny embracing the debris right there before his demise was legit creepy, though, I must admit.
On another note, the counselling sessions and the event-less middle chunk of this episode set up the really good and touching finale. I was wondering why the episode felt like a buildup and I’m glad it managed to do just that in flying colours. Admittedly, this show didn’t have the best of precedings but it’s nice to see it end on a positive note. Zack appearing out of the blue in the end there and seeing Rachel’s relief and return, to say the least, sure was touching. I didn’t think I’d be satisfied by the ending of this show but now I can say with utmost certainty that this finale episode really did a great job! I wish they’d be a little more clear but I think the result is pretty evident anyway. Even that typical Rachel “Will you kill me?” line was thrown in during the jumping scene so no doubt our honest murderer would turn back on his words there.

Overall, a really good ending to a mediocre and average series.
To be frankly honest, these four episodes didn’t really click in for me but the ending sure did, so I’ll be giving this show a 5 as a whole.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 26, 2018 10:48 AM

Aug 2017
Sad ending :( It just blew me away.

In my opinion, the ending is just Ray's imagination being rescued and 'killed' by Zack but what really happened is that she committed suicide. That explains the scythe and that he knew where she is. Also, Zack just supernaturally floats in the end.

The original 12 episodes was 8/10 for me but the last 4 were better. One of the few decent shows from the whole year. I'll miss this show. 9/10
NurguburuOct 26, 2018 10:59 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 26, 2018 10:48 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
RedScarf314 said:
Ok, so here is an explanation of the ending;

Zack in the end was Ray's imagination, she hears he's dead and kills herself, but imagines him doing it, so he wouldn't break his promise/become a liar. While it's made open/ambiguous (very well made), the answer imo is still definitive - a scythe, the same clothes, knowing where she is - none of that is possible. The post-credits scene clarifies that Ray just broke through the window from the inside with the knife and hands (hence blood everywhere), chanelling her inner Zack and his iron-bars smashing skill. The fact that she has a knife is questionable, but, oh well. Other points are - Rachel forcefully jumps out of the window, but Zack just supernaturally floats; their whole final dialogue is all about how Zack is gonna keep his promise and not let Rachel kill herself.

Is this confirmed?
Something tells me the Police arriving at the scene wasn’t just part of Ray’s imagination, but everything else and the shot at the end there supports what you’re saying. It sounds like a Great finale too.
_MushiRock11_Oct 26, 2018 10:56 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 26, 2018 11:23 AM

Nov 2008
Okay..........

FOR ANYONE CONFUSED, THIS IS THE TRUE ENDING FROM THE NOVELS.

MORE IMPORTANTLY

DO YA

SHIP IT

YET

Oct 26, 2018 11:24 AM

Jun 2014
It would make sense that Rachel probably ended up killing herself. Clearly some time has passed since she and Zack escaped that burning building, so it would be weird for him to still be wearing the same bloody clothes. Plus, his scythe was destroyed. So I guess the thing Rachel heard about Zack that ended up getting cut off was that he was executed (like the doctor told her), and the cops showed up at the end because of her committing suicide. I guess she, like someone else explained, imagined Zack doing it so it felt like he killed her and kept the promise. Now that I think about it, that scream from the doctor right before Zack showed up could possibly have been her discovering Rachel's suicide.....the knife, though, doesn't make any sense, as that's obviously something they would take away from her. Whatever, no point questioning it at this point.

Anyway, this was a pretty decent series overall. I didn't think it was great but it was still pretty enjoyable to watch. This final batch of episodes in particular was great, and I really liked this finale.

EDIT: Well, looking at the spoiler of the post above mine clears a lot of things up lol. Also, now that I think about it, the knife didn't have any blood on it...I'm pretty sure if Rachel killed herself with that, it'd have, you know...a little bit of blood on it lol.
thebrentinator24Oct 26, 2018 11:34 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 26, 2018 11:34 AM

May 2016
I personally think these 4 episodes were pretty enjoyable

10/10
Oct 26, 2018 11:54 AM
Apr 2015

*standing ovation*

I swear I didn't laugh even once in the whole series.
Oct 26, 2018 12:00 PM

Jun 2016
The game also had an open ending, but i have different interpretations of both of them.
The game's ending made it seem like rack and ray died together after falling off from the window (note: the blood seen there was zack's that was injured), while in the anime he wasnt bleeding at all but still in the last scene after the credits they show blood on the window.. also the knife.. in the game ray picked it up before zack even broke the window but in the anime it just appeared there which really made it feel like she did allucinate him and killed herself.

I prefer how it was done in the game, but i appreciate this one.
Oct 26, 2018 12:02 PM
Oct 2018
Sometimes the unanswered ending is the best way to end the show , and that's not a bad thing for me. People will still remember the show if it remains unclear and make the audience thinking their own ending version of it. Even i know the true ending from the game, but still. Thinking about my own version of the ending is the uniqueness of this show.

Great music, consistent animation, but kinda slow show for me.
8/10
GreaserOct 26, 2018 12:11 PM
Oct 26, 2018 12:06 PM

Jul 2014
Normally I like happy endings but in this case I find the suicide theory more interesting.
The series had some moments that I enjoyed, like the prison or Rachel's backstory but overall I found it meh........ I really liked the ending song.

#FuckYouDanny
Oct 26, 2018 12:22 PM

May 2018
Dang an open ending, shit shit, shit, shit.....
Oct 26, 2018 12:28 PM

Aug 2016
Damn, such a great last episode! 8/10
Nanika ga Okashii
Oct 26, 2018 12:32 PM
Feb 2018
Hmm, I could also imagine Zack REALLY being an angel (of death?), which would explain why he's floating. But the blood part doesn't really make sense then.
Oct 26, 2018 12:51 PM

Apr 2018
Beautiful and sad ending :((
Oct 26, 2018 12:55 PM

Nov 2008
SkyLETV said:
in this case I find the suicide theory more interesting.

But it's wrong and illogical, captain. :O

*She cannot break the bars so she can't throw herself out the window.

*Her knife is clean; she wouldn't wipe it off after stabbing herself lol

*She refuses to die on her own. Suicide is something she is always against.

Oct 26, 2018 1:10 PM

Jan 2010
What I've seen
> a murder and a cute psycho loli run for 16 episodes from other murders and immortal psychos in a hidden building in the center of a city, and when they finally manage to escape they kill themselves because they promised... maybe(?)

No guys, this show was pretty bad. I want to believe that the comments are positive because everyone has dropped it at the 4th episode, but until the end I don't save anything... When I read their dialogues I feel little by little more stupid trying to understand what they want to say, and what I get it's just a bunch of nosense
Oct 26, 2018 1:13 PM

Mar 2017
The final four episodes were the best part of this show.
Prequel started off as really interesting but started to look boring at some point in between. But the climax actually made me rethink about the whole show. It was already decent to begin with though. I liked the way they ended it. It was worthwhile.

I've a question about the last scene though. What did this scene, blood stain on the wall meant? Is it like Zack was shot or something? Explain please.
Oct 26, 2018 1:30 PM

Nov 2008
@Minar-kyun

In the game, the blood is there because Zack got hurt (we don't really know how) so I'd assume the anime kept that point in but just didn't show his wound.

Oct 26, 2018 1:33 PM

May 2014
So somehow this was worse than the main series, how is that even possible.
Oct 26, 2018 1:35 PM

Mar 2017
Chiibi said:
@Minar-kyun

In the game, the blood is there because Zack got hurt (we don't really know how) so I'd assume the anime kept that point in but just didn't show his wound.
I see. I'd take it as he was injured when he escaped or something like that.
Oct 26, 2018 1:42 PM
Mar 2018
Does anyone know the song that played about at 19:28
And thx
Oct 26, 2018 1:42 PM

Apr 2016
Well... I guess that was a thing that existed...
4/10
Oct 26, 2018 2:28 PM

May 2016
Wow what fucking ride this was I enjoyed every single episode not to mention the visuals and the use of the osts were on spot.

I just adore that ending it was the best possible choice in my opinion 7/10 well deserved.
They can't possibly show him killing her though I don't feel like he did even the blood can't convince me it's upto the viewers to interpret the ending.
Forgot the plot twist we got at the end I was on the verge of tearing up when I heard Zack's death but that smile was worth a million.

kenkaneki_only said:
Does anyone know the song that played about at 19:28
And thx
It's the ending song but with Ray voice.
RaizelOct 26, 2018 2:31 PM
Oct 26, 2018 3:12 PM

Apr 2015
Seems there's a lot of speculation about the ending, but I am just gonna imagine the ending the way I want to. Overall this episode was pretty good. Not too fond of open endings, but I quite liked this anime.

Overall 8/10 from me!

And yes, I definitely ship them
Oct 26, 2018 3:40 PM

Aug 2015
Didn't expect many people to like this series, but the amount of hate is somewhat surprising. I liked it overall quite a lot, 8/10.
Oct 26, 2018 3:50 PM

Feb 2011

OMG: ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL WAY OF ENDING THIS SERIES" ZACK CAME FOR RAY AND THEY LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! T_T OMG: ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL WAY OF ENDING THIS SERIES" ZACK CAME FOR RAY AND THEY LIVED HAPPILY AFTER AFTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! T_T I'M JUST LIKE RACHEL, COULDN'T STOP FROM CRYING AFTER I SAW ZACK AGAIN ( EVEN THROUGHT THE ENTIRE EPISODE WHEN ZACK WAS CARRYING RACHEL IN HIS ARM: HE COULDN'T BEAR THINKING SHE ALREADY DIED, SO MUCH THAT HE WAS ABOUT TO CRY: OMG THAT SCENE WAS TOO MUCH FOR ME: OVERALL THE ENTIRE SERIES IS A MASTERPIECE!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS SHIP IS TO DIE FOR ZACK X RAY TOGETHER FOREVER AND EVER!!!!!!!!!!!! T_T 10/10 SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sweetangieOct 26, 2018 4:05 PM
Oct 26, 2018 4:16 PM

Mar 2014
4/10
This was absolutely bad, seemed interesting at the start but damn it got waay to edgy and annoying with the "plot armour" bulls***.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Oct 26, 2018 4:25 PM

Jun 2017
Chiibi said:
Okay..........

Damn, I wonder why they didn't go with that awesome novel ending but since they stuck to the game so faithfully I guess it makes sense going with the same ending.
Oct 26, 2018 5:25 PM

Nov 2008
Minar-kyun said:
Chiibi said:
@Minar-kyun

I see. I'd take it as he was injured when he escaped or something like that.

Yeah every anime adaptation I can think of uses the game's ending.

I was wrong about no wound; there is a visible gash just below his knee though

See it now?

Oct 26, 2018 5:40 PM

Mar 2016
Throughout the anime, I felt like it'd be anticlimactic if Rachael didn't get killed, but it would be too weird if she did. So, I love what they did. I had been worried that the ending would ruin this anime, but thank god that it didn't.

I was mad at the counsellor for a moment, but then I realised she hadn't done anything wrong. It's just that: that wasn't what Rachael wanted.

The priest is quite an interesting character. Too bad he died. (But if there is a sequel, I am pretty sure we'll get to see him alive again.)

Why did the police catch Zack? He was carrying a wounded person! Those people just judged him by his appearance. How unprofessional.

I like Zack's new hair. If he hadn't been burnt, he'd look great! lol. Too bad he will be killed in just a few moments.

Oct 26, 2018 6:10 PM

Oct 2015
Is that it after all 16 episodes and it left us like that? I wasn't impressed!

It was a twisted anime already and the ending was just as mediocre, but after some episodes along the line it got boring for me.

I liked Ray and Zack in the series but this one was lame.

6/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 26, 2018 6:19 PM

Dec 2014
Kyoskye said:
So, did Zack really kill her? because it looked like he did.

yeah let me feeling like... will they live together or will he kill her.... I think both as it is left to our own to depict the story... I think they will live together until one day she finally smiles but she will never will (is what I think) so maybe they will became a couple or something... the age gap is still there but I am over it...in a way both of them complete each other in a twisted way So yeah here are my thoughts
Oct 26, 2018 6:48 PM
Feb 2018
Angels of Death
Angels = Zack (A)
Death = Rachel (D)
Zack of Rachel?
(Zack is Ray's angels❤)
10/10 for Zack×Ray
I like this ending. It's so beautiful
Oct 26, 2018 6:50 PM
Sep 2016
I will say that Zack actually saved her. I don't think it imagination.
The scythe Zack handled, I think that was from Grey.
with Rachel location, he just need to ask those polices when he try to escape and that done.
Also, I don't know what material the bar in the window is, but using a knife to slash it into pieces? It seem not realistic at all. With Zack scythe, yeah definitely.
The blood in the end is from Zack (Look at his pants, you'll see there's a cut and blood there).
So, in my opinion, Zack does save Ray out of it and with me, it kind of happy ending, not too bad. But they just leave the end like that to make us discuss what happened to both of me.
Anyway this film makes me enjoyable so I'll give 10/10
Oct 26, 2018 7:22 PM
Jul 2011
She didn't commit suicide as she was against it since the beginning of the show and I don't think she was imagining Zack since you can see the police shows up at the end (likely trying to capture Zack). Look at the debris placement at the last scene, clearly someone was trying to break in the room not out! So...

They escaped and live happily together. The end.

8/10
Oct 26, 2018 7:25 PM

Feb 2017
I think Zack and Rachel did die together. The cops were there, they probably shot them down.
Oct 26, 2018 7:56 PM

Nov 2017
Chiibi said:
Okay..........

MORE IMPORTANTLY

DO YA

SHIP IT

YET

- You're right bruh... blood on the windows was Zack's blood not ray.
- i dont know anything about novel but, i did finish the game.
- yessssss... i ship it
Now Loading.....
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Satsuriku no Tenshi Episode 1 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 8, 2018

36 by Elise_Eleanor237 »»
Mar 22, 6:09 PM

Poll: » Satsuriku no Tenshi Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2018

69 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Nov 2, 2023 9:09 AM

» Is it good or bad?

egosumjohn - Jul 31, 2023

30 by IkaruFox »»
Sep 16, 2023 12:31 PM

Poll: » Satsuriku no Tenshi Episode 4 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 9, 2018

25 by Waifuspls547 »»
Sep 8, 2023 9:22 AM

» How the tf ?

Bruh-__- - Feb 21, 2022

33 by Neostorm-X »»
Mar 8, 2023 11:54 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.