Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 25, 2018 9:37 PM

Nov 2017
- the first part was smooth like butter.. but the second part was fucked up like crap. (poor that old lady)
- i see.. Yamada doesnt awakaned yet. (but atleast, they added her VA)
- Koutaro always hide something important to the girls, but he still keep it secret... i wondering wat was it
bondtuxOct 25, 2018 9:50 PM
Now Loading.....
Oct 25, 2018 10:03 PM
Aug 2018
I shrieked with laughter when that head popped off....although when you think of, due to their actions, we are pretty much just back to the status quo at the end of the episode with nothing having changed. Since that poor woman lost her memory.
Oct 25, 2018 10:24 PM

Oct 2010
I'm getting really triggered by these subs lack of proper grammar.

When a title is used in place of a name, it's supposed to be capitalized.

Subs: Awaken returner! Awaken dreamer!
What they should say: Awaken, Returner! Awaken, Dreamer!

In this context they are used as titles
Oct 25, 2018 10:58 PM

Aug 2015
Bait and switch! I've been bamboozled!

Well, guess the idol music is in for the long haul, when I know Japan has more music styles than metal, hip hop and idol music -they even have country music over there, ffs!

In fairness, they're still having zombie antics, but Tae was even well-behaved during the concert, wtf?
Was episode 1 a lie?

Time to go soothe my heart with White Zombie...

Oct 25, 2018 11:03 PM
Aug 2018
The quality of the CGI plays to the anime's favor imho. Often times it's jarring watching something and being like "that's stiff, normal humans don't move like that." But they're zombies so looking stiff and unnatural seems to fit.
Oct 25, 2018 11:18 PM

Jul 2013
Helios92 said:
Tatsumi to me felt like the true mastermind of the show and could be the one who took the girls form the moment they died and used vodo magic to ressurect them :/
I mean, he is a madman that resurrected seven girls to be idols to save Saga, and he seems confident on the project. I expect anything from him, tbh.
Oct 25, 2018 11:43 PM

May 2015
Wait...do zombies have bodily fluids in them? Tae has a sleep bubble...

Lol I knew Tatsumi was going to get punched eventually...

"You go practice while I go sightseeing." DRIVE YOU JERK!

"Administering dermal patches to people who aren't zombies is considered practicing medicine." What have we done?

Well the CGI animation is back, but I don't mind it since the song is fun. And...THEY'RE PRACTICING MEDICINE!

Aren't zombies susceptible to heat? I do know that you kill em with fire...Hot Springs might replicate that...

GOD DAMN IT VOLDO! YOUR SOUL IS IN TAE, ISN'T IT!?

Fun episode with that dose of horror that we wanted to see. Sadly, the police officer didn't appear this episode. Guess it isn't a running gag.
Oct 26, 2018 12:37 AM

Sep 2018
I didn't like this episode that much. After the promising first two episodes where they did some unusual genres for idols, now it seems like they're just performing the same pop song over and over again, which is a bit disappointing. The show is still somewhat enjoyable with the characters and the humour and so on, so I won't drop it, but the best thing about it for me is currently the absolutely amazing opening, which is just a bit sad. Also, if they don't want others to know they're Zombies, why are they singing about Zombies?
Stop wasting time on MAL, go watch Planet With!
Oct 26, 2018 2:51 AM

Jun 2013
Right now my fave characters are Tatsumi Kotarou and The Legendary, Yamada Tae because she's fucking adorable.

This beginning of the episode was just so-so but the onsen scene where Sakura's head came off and all the hijinks that ensued were the best. I wish this series had more of that. It's the first idol series I've seen (from what I recall) since idol series aren't really my thing but the concept of this one is pretty funny.
臭い-
Oct 26, 2018 5:09 AM

May 2016
Illyricus said:
Helios92 said:
Tatsumi to me felt like the true mastermind of the show and could be the one who took the girls form the moment they died and used vodo magic to ressurect them :/
I mean, he is a madman that resurrected seven girls to be idols to save Saga, and he seems confident on the project. I expect anything from him, tbh.

Yeah, that's kinda the way I'm seeing it :/
Oct 26, 2018 5:09 AM

May 2016
Tarotist said:
Wait...do zombies have bodily fluids in them? Tae has a sleep bubble...

Lol I knew Tatsumi was going to get punched eventually...

"You go practice while I go sightseeing." DRIVE YOU JERK!

"Administering dermal patches to people who aren't zombies is considered practicing medicine." What have we done?

Well the CGI animation is back, but I don't mind it since the song is fun. And...THEY'RE PRACTICING MEDICINE!

Aren't zombies susceptible to heat? I do know that you kill em with fire...Hot Springs might replicate that...

GOD DAMN IT VOLDO! YOUR SOUL IS IN TAE, ISN'T IT!?

Fun episode with that dose of horror that we wanted to see. Sadly, the police officer didn't appear this episode. Guess it isn't a running gag.

All I can say is that Scooby Doo and Zombie Island is gonna be a thing once more XD
Oct 26, 2018 7:10 AM

May 2018
The last ep was lackluster but this one was great. Ohy my god, my sides, I can't stop laughing during that "horror" sequence, that poor lady! :D

Fantastic episode. I hope the show keeps up a good amount of comedy.
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Oct 26, 2018 7:31 AM

Mar 2017
Wow they messed up everything at the end.
"Next time I'm shaving your hair" lol xD

I hope Tae-chan doesn't regain her sanity. It's really fun to watch her in that state.
Oct 26, 2018 7:38 AM

Dec 2014
the CGI standing stll stands at times...but still don't know where is this all going
Oct 26, 2018 8:53 AM
Oct 2017
I would be curious to know what are the reasons for their deaths
We know that Sakura was overthrown by a van so they died at a very young age Lily probably was not 13 years old and yugiri seems to be barely 20 years old
Oct 26, 2018 7:32 PM

Sep 2017
So looks like we are sticking with standard idol style music and cgi. It didn't look as bad as last ep tho. This ep was a lot more enjoyable as the whole than the last anyway. The grin on Saki's face when Junko said she wanted to go into the hot spring was perfect, and the last part turning into a horror scene for the ceo lady was great.

I love how we only see Koutarou with his sun glasses on. I rofled when he was still wearing them in the sauna.
Oct 26, 2018 9:41 PM

Jul 2016
cute and got me hyped easily, the characters are growing on a good not too slow and not too fast pace and so is the show as a whole.

Koutarou is somewhat less annoying than the first 2 episodes not normal by any means but good enough

also when I watched the first episode and took a look at all the girls I had a feeling that Saki is gonna be one of my best girls this season and I wasn't wrong

Saki is best girl. You can't change my mind.
Oct 26, 2018 10:35 PM

Dec 2016
that was a nice episode
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Oct 27, 2018 1:54 AM

Mar 2018
I just laughed during that "horror" scene

CGI was a meh but episode is getting better
RamenShikoOct 27, 2018 1:57 AM
Oct 27, 2018 11:14 PM

Jul 2009
Good episode!!! A lot of people aren't liking this, because this is an indeed an idol show and was only drawn in due to the rap episode.

Anyways, fans will continue to support Zombie Land Saga either way!
Oct 28, 2018 12:23 AM

Dec 2012
So they have makeup even in their thighs? Just how much makeup does this guy put on each of them? Full body?

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Oct 28, 2018 3:21 AM
Oct 2016
Not the best episode but it still was fun. Epecially that running in the hallway part.
Oct 28, 2018 6:54 AM
Jun 2016
I was baited with zombies into the idol trap but boy am I happy I did. This show kills me. The hot spring accident and ensuing madness was hilarious. I am glad they brought up the mystery of why they are zombies. I wonder if its just poking fun at the idea of zombies in Japan or if its actually a plot point? Thats the real beauty of this anime is you never know if it is a trope point or a plot point.
Oct 28, 2018 9:43 AM

Apr 2015
Really like that horror scene in the Hallway... Really well done.

I really want to know how they become Zombies. Wonder if Kotaro will explain it...

Oh right, really like that each girl has their own accent.
michaelh19Oct 28, 2018 9:52 AM
Oct 28, 2018 11:02 AM
Feb 2017
This show is kinda meh for me. It's hilarious but I don't like any of the characters. I don't hate them I just don't like them. I'll probably keep watching for the comedy but parts of this show make me cringe. The art is pretty and the music is ok. To me it's just average. Fun though.
Oct 28, 2018 12:09 PM
Oct 2013
OMG they added tae's VA, awaken soon ?
Oct 28, 2018 12:28 PM

Aug 2016
Why I feel like this episode encourages me to take drugs?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2018 1:59 PM

Dec 2016
I'm disappointed, I was thinking ep 3 was just a set back to help we bond with the girls who would be helped by some far and betew eps, but this is as serious as ep 3.

We won less crude humor, look: Ep 1: shovr on the back, bullet in the heart, something on the head. Ep 2: bullet on the window and taking captivity seriously. Ep 3: flyng zombie idol. Ep 4:punch on the guts.

I still like it as idol anime but they are losing great opportunity's of being able to use this kind of things to do jokes.

Sakura could break her head at the fall again, zombie damage and smell could be a thing, they could bee in situations where suicide, drowing and rooting are a thing. The manager could go more inhuman and use chain that the idol avoid somehow...

Just Saga can do it but it chose to not :/
heh.
Oct 28, 2018 2:46 PM

Jan 2017
I'm glad the CGI was used less in this episode.
Oct 28, 2018 10:20 PM

Oct 2008
LOLZ so hilarious!
especially the onsen springs part wherein all of them made the poor old lady extremely terrified to the ends of the earth!
5/5.

Oct 29, 2018 1:28 PM

Oct 2017
Laughed a couple of times, but not so much.
I know that this will not be as funny as the first two episodes. But I'll not drop this because why would I?
Oct 29, 2018 6:51 PM

Jul 2014
Better than last week's episode but oh boy, I'm beginning to think the first two episodes might have been flukes. I'm not an idol fan, and the first two episodes made me actually like the show because I thought they would tackle new genres every now and then.

Also thought there might have been some meta about how the idol industry actually treats its idols like shit and how they're pretty much dead inside, but I guess not.
Nov 2, 2018 8:20 AM
Oct 2017
in the footbath passage, the girls pointed out the right question about Tatsumi
hope we will have answers about it
in addition, he has some resemblance to Albert Wesker
Nov 2, 2018 9:26 AM

Mar 2017
why didn't the make-up on their feet came off when they were having a footbath
Illyricus said:
So many good expressions this episode.

Also Tae's Shaft headtilting.

Mamoru Miyano is still killing it as Kotaro. Man, how can be he so based? Loved the contrast of how callous he normally is with the zombies, yet how polite he was with the lady of the pharmaceutical company. And speaking about her, that last part of the episode was hilarious. The poor woman ended as bad as the Fighter from Goblin Slayer.
the facial expressions definitely is one of the show's selling point
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Nov 2, 2018 10:03 AM

Dec 2016
The onsen didn't go as planned for the girls, but it was funny to watch for some reason XD I feel bad for the lady who got traumatized by the Franchouchou girls though...

For sure, this episode was better than the previous one :3 can't wait for more!
PurpleGirl203Nov 2, 2018 10:10 AM

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Nov 2, 2018 2:54 PM

Nov 2016
Feels like they keep suggesting there may be something darker going on in the background (like how in this episode they mentioned its weird they got brought back because bodies are normally cremated in Japan). I hope this actually has a pay off, there's nothing more disappointing then a dropping a bunch of hints that lead nowhere.
Nov 3, 2018 5:34 AM

Apr 2015
Didn't know those plasters are considered medical treatment in Japan, we use that all the time after playing a football game etc.

Increasingly disappointing as a comedy, there's only one joke. Perhaps it was primarily planned as an idol show and the surreal comedy was just an addendum, an aesthetic choice. In that case this shouldn't be a criticism

Nov 3, 2018 5:58 PM
Mar 2018
Anyone else got the feeling that the dance/idol segments feel a little bit off? I noticed that in the 3rd episode alreay, but now it looks like the dancing parts are made in 3D sometimes and then 2D again. It's a bit confusing to watch, to say the least...
Nov 3, 2018 8:04 PM

Jan 2011
I figured as much after last ep, but looks like they're just going for normal idol routines from now on. I don't think I'm alone in saying, I wanted to see them keep switching up styles.

The_Mad_Wizard said:
And they did it again. I was expecting more.

Not so much the dance, but previous ep was obviously poking a bit of fun at idol drama.
Nov 4, 2018 12:54 PM
Mar 2018
bondtux said:
- the first part was smooth like butter.. but the second part was fucked up like crap. (poor that old lady)
- i see.. Yamada doesnt awakaned yet. (but atleast, they added her VA)
- Koutaro always hide something important to the girls, but he still keep it secret... i wondering wat was it

Totally forgot that Tae-chans first name is Yamada, which kinda is the universal name for idiots in anime.

I think she is already "awakened", but maybe 'special'? Also it may be so that she never awakens, since that would totally destroy her reputation of saving the day by accident.

And I wouldn't waste too much thought on what might be behind anything, because even the characters themselves are asking those questions and never get an answer. Like how are their tongue's even so red, when the rest is naturally green/grey or where Sakura's hole went...
Nov 5, 2018 5:09 PM
Nov 2018

A Haiyore! Nyaruko-san reference?

Talking about this scene for those that need a refresher, or don't know at all :p :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_Dz3TRNdbY

Minar-kyun said:
Wow they messed up everything at the end.
"Next time I'm shaving your hair" lol xD

I do wonder if this is a bit of a reference to AKB48 member Minegishi Minami's apology video. :p
Don't know what I'm talking about? Google Minegishi Minami scandal/apology. :p
-Kats-Nov 5, 2018 8:06 PM
Nov 13, 2018 6:26 AM

Feb 2015
The majority of the episode was weak. If I wanted to watch some idol show, which I totally don't, I'd just be watching love live or something. I don't like how the main focus is being a regular idol show now. It's nothing new or interesting, and not what I was hoping from this anime. They are zombies and they shouldn't downplay the awesome comedic side to that, the greatness we saw just 2 episodes ago. But ok, the horror scare was a welcomed change of pace. It could've been funnier but I really appreciate what it was going for. In any case, maybe I'll warm to their character dynamics and chemistry, but for now I'm feeling negative every time Sakura says "we must practice" and people come on board with her and she starts saying their names (GOD that is done to death in anime). More funny wacky zombie stuff is what I need. Yamada Tae is the one saving this show right now!
Nov 13, 2018 12:11 PM
Oct 2018
literally only watching for Kotaro's Japanese voice actor. His delivery is actually really funny and one of the only voices recognizable to me in a subbed anime.

HOWEVER...

b a d C G I

Nov 23, 2018 4:17 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
It looks like it's going to be a while until I get used to the opening theme song, the ending is already tingling my ears no problems though.
I hope they have a serious discussion on how they really became zombies, there's some controversy surrounding their manager, the way he always has his glasses on makes me think he is some zombie as well, trying to hide his creepy eyes, probably making makeup all the time too.
The CGI was just as horrible in this episode too, I hope they get over it.
Nov 29, 2018 7:44 PM

Dec 2012
LMFAO her head came off

Dec 4, 2018 4:35 PM

Dec 2014
I wish I watched this during Halloween season
Dec 30, 2018 11:28 PM

May 2015
The CGI is used as a parody and it's honestly sad how many people don't get that.

Jan 1, 2019 9:52 AM

Aug 2013
Continuation of 3DCG cancer and garbage direction. I hate comedy scenes directed like this. One more episode and probably drop.

TsukuyomiREKT said:
The CGI is used as a parody and it's honestly sad how many people don't get that.

It's just a cheap excuse. I would "buy" this argument if this series was made by KyoAni, Doga Kobo or PA Works. But not Mappa. Mappa series are always full of "QUALITY".
rsc-plJan 1, 2019 9:56 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 4, 2019 5:17 AM

May 2009
I love how smart this anime is.
Yes. I said smart.
wth is going on.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Jan 5, 2019 8:24 PM

Jun 2015
this mans has his glasses on even in the sauna
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2018

293 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2018

138 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 3:56 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2018

117 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2018

378 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 12:18 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2018

171 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 11:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.