Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 25, 2018 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Sakura is actually impressing me with her leadership skills. If I had to describe it, there's definitely a sense of being able to get everyone hyped up.

Got another idol performance although it's more normal than the usual stuff. I think Sakura's confidence is also showing a lot more now. Seems this show has fan service too. Zombies in onsens! I love how Saki just jumped in there like a kid at a candy store.

The scenes in the dark hallways are hilarious. It's like the show is self aware of its tropes and plays around with it to make it into comedy.
Oct 25, 2018 9:12 AM

Aug 2018
XD What even is this show?? This was an improvement on last week and we got a bit of the wacky comedy from the first 2 episodes. I lost it when Sakura's head came off..that whole scene was ridiculous
Oct 25, 2018 9:19 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Nice epsiode!

Foot bath sounds like something I’d love to experience someday, it was nice to see the members of Franchouchou have a quick walk too. It was hilarious when the girls passed by the cafe that Tatsumi and the lady were in though, xD.
Tatsumi’s arrogance and insanity at the beginning was on point!
More CGI movements in this episode too, but it was a good idea to include some pain relievers along their performance. The girls sure has improved since their last outing.
Onsen time was short thanks to the lady again but the hallway scenes that followed were ridiculous!

Overall, a really good epsiode and I’m looking forward to seeing the Chicken dance(?) next week.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 25, 2018 9:23 AM

Feb 2014
This show just keeps getting better and better everytime. Also I love how these Death musumetachis are shown in others viewpoints. They really scared the shit outta their new partner. Just let these cuties out!!!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Oct 25, 2018 9:23 AM
Oct 2018
Oh shit won't see the ep until like 7 hours from now but at least tell me it's better than ep 3. Ep 3 was mildly mediocre and honestly concerning.
Oct 25, 2018 9:35 AM

Jun 2017
I wish they would just keep doing uncommon performances every episode but that in itself is probably a bit unrealistic and it would be losing its appeal more and more every time. I sincerely hope they are just taking a breather with these mid-section episodes and that they're going to come back with more incredible ideas in the second half of the show. Because even tho this is still a great idol anime, the last two eps haven't been all that original or surprising whereas the second episode is quite literally the best thing I've witnessed since coming into anime.

Higurashi Gou is the worst anime in existence.
Oct 25, 2018 9:39 AM

Nov 2014
When I saw they didn't fuck up their performance I knew something like that will happen.
Hopefully there will be some more about how they became zombies etc. It's nice comedy, but I feel there is a good story potential too.
Oct 25, 2018 9:56 AM

Apr 2014
dude's voice is as annoying as ever.
Oct 25, 2018 10:05 AM

Jan 2015
Can’t say I’m not disappointed. I was expecting a never-seen-before idol-like anime, and instead, it’s going to be a quite normal Idol show with maybe 3 minutes of zombie moments, which are the best moments in the episodes. In fact, the last 5 minutes were priceless.

Don’t misunderstand, I’m enjoying a lot this anime, but I was hoping for something different like the first two episodes.
Next episode looks fun
Oct 25, 2018 10:06 AM

Oct 2013
Wait so the feet bath scene wasn't made for a zombie scene with the makeup on their legs ? it's just to have a huge stupid paradoxal scene which destroy all the "don't bath because you're zombie" they told us JUST BEFORE

Screw you anime, stop being stupid already and make me wait for NOTHING
Oct 25, 2018 10:19 AM

Feb 2016
Miss me with that Pop music shit again, I thought we were having different genres on each concert but seems like I was wrong.

The bath scene was hilarious tho.

Not a bad episode but could have been way better 3/5
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 25, 2018 10:25 AM

Oct 2017
The CGI was better than it was last episode and there was plenty of funny scenes, especially with the great reaction faces. Also good to see them at least questioning how they became zombies etc.
Oct 25, 2018 10:30 AM

Aug 2017
The bath scene was the best part of the episode.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 25, 2018 10:45 AM

Jul 2013
So many good expressions this episode.

Also Tae's Shaft headtilting.

Mamoru Miyano is still killing it as Kotaro. Man, how can be he so based? Loved the contrast of how callous he normally is with the zombies, yet how polite he was with the lady of the pharmaceutical company. And speaking about her, that last part of the episode was hilarious. The poor woman ended as bad as the Fighter from Goblin Slayer.
Oct 25, 2018 10:49 AM

May 2016
I love how Junko can learn from last week and make things much simpler.
Oct 25, 2018 10:49 AM

May 2016
dasprn said:
This show just keeps getting better and better everytime. Also I love how these Death musumetachis are shown in others viewpoints. They really scared the shit outta their new partner. Just let these cuties out!!!

This show just keeps getting better and better everytime.
Oct 25, 2018 10:52 AM
Jan 2018
I like the horror momments.
Oct 25, 2018 11:01 AM

Mar 2018

mfw a new zombieland saga episode releases

This episode was better then last episode. While there wasn't a moment that punched me in the face like in episode 1 and 2, it just continues to be fun and charming.
Oct 25, 2018 11:06 AM

May 2018
WTF applying dermal patches to other people is considered as practicing medicine????? Is this one of Japan's stupid laws?????

Oh great 3 of the girls just polluted a hot spring and they just scared away their only sponsor
Oct 25, 2018 11:20 AM
Mar 2017
Onsen episode
The girls must make a show for the trip of a company, this will be in a hotel with hot springs.
Kotaro is still very funny, the burlesque way in which he talks to the girls causes me a lot of laughter, besides when he mocks the name that the girls put on their group, I thought that some of the girls would hit him or something, so good that Saki hits him but for a different reason. Another funny detail was Tae, she was sleeping the whole meeting.
The girls decide to tour the town while Kotaro does not watch them, I'm glad to see Ai and Junko join the group, but still Ai is little undecided and Junko is very shy and adorable. One of the moments that caused me a lot of laughter and repeated it several times was that of the girls in front of the bakery, damn it, what a way to laugh with their faces stuck to the window.
The scene in the foot bath was moving, the girls share their concerns as who is Kotaro or if they managed to be idols, important detail Tae is really sneaky.
The girls decide to learn from the product of pharmaceuticals and use them in them with positive results, then in their show they get the audience to enjoy their performance.
Sakura, Saki and Junko sneak into the hot springs, Saki's face when Junko says that she wants to go also made me laugh a lot (thanks to the partner who shared the GIF of this funny moment).
Obviously the girls are discovered by the owner of the pharmacy causing a terrible fright to the lady, this makes a great impact on the lady, which ends up ruining their business.
The next episode the girls apparently will be mascots of a baseball team or something, I look forward to the next chapter.
salbery755Oct 25, 2018 11:24 AM
Oct 25, 2018 11:35 AM
Mar 2018
I'm curious to see what's going on with the Manager. Fun show.
Oct 25, 2018 11:45 AM

Dec 2017
i like their journey together in Ureshino. i think this anime is actually a promo for Saga prefecture delivered to us with Idol and Zombie, because they go really extra on that sightseeing montage, and the bumper on each halftime is always the illustration of the girl, probably in Saga

and the next episode probably show us more of Saga

i dont xare about the idol at this point, if these zombiegirl show us what Saga is, i’m cool with that

the place looks good tho not gonna lie.

and also this

this image emanating some big smug energy
Oct 25, 2018 11:48 AM
Feb 2012
this wore out its welcome 2 episodes into the series

shows try to hard to be quirky and different but it usually doesn't work
Oct 25, 2018 12:33 PM

Nov 2016

That poor woman haha.

Also that moment when they pressed their faces against the window of the cake shop xD

And Tae still best girl.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 25, 2018 12:36 PM
Nov 2014
Yea, i don't like this show anymore after this and last ep.
Oct 25, 2018 12:36 PM
Nov 2016
I'm honestly worried. Comparing the past two episodes with the first two, there's a noticeable decline. I'm fine if they do Idol stuff, there's no argue there. But it will lose what makes this show special if they get rid of playing around with different genres. I was hoping they would continue the trend of failing to be Idols. But it looks like that won't be the case.

Maybe this is just maintaining pace. You have your over the top blended with generic idol stuff. There's gotta be ups and downs to make it interesting. If they forego what they did the first two episodes though, I'd only continue for Okabe or just drop it.
weed lol
Oct 25, 2018 12:57 PM

Mar 2009
First off, I really hate idol animes and i'm more a fan of stuff from the 80's, 90's than from the 2010's.
Been influenced mainly because Mitsuishi Kotono is a "lead" character. Let's put it that way...

Episode 3 was slow and predictable but this one is nothing like that. We are about to learn about the girls more! Indeed, so many things to discover such as Kotaro's background (his cute face without his sunglasses). More importantly, will Yamada Tae be awaken? I can't wait to watch the next episode.

Must watch : The last couple of minutes from this episode cracked me up!! I didn't expect to laugh that hard... *onsen jigoku* LOL

I still can't deal with the fact that they are paying Mitsuishi Kotono (as Yamada Tae) to growl and bark in the background!!!! Damn this woman is the effin Sailor Moon, Katsuragi Misato, Boa Hancock, Arisugawa Juri, Ebichu)

That's a genius move of the producers to use her that way.

I really hoped the idol stuff would be left behind tho ... .
Tsukinoouji_zakOct 25, 2018 1:00 PM
Oct 25, 2018 1:16 PM

Nov 2011
This anime only gets better by the week. Miyano's performance at Koutarou is one of his best yet.

The faces in this episode were pure gold. Great episode. I didnt even mind the CGI.

Oh my god Tae-chan next week in a chicken costume? She's up to something in that preview!!! LOL

Best Zombie = Tae
SoraSenpaiOct 25, 2018 1:21 PM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 25, 2018 1:18 PM

Jul 2017
CG still bad, but the episode comedy itself was much funnier than last week.
Oct 25, 2018 1:20 PM
May 2016
After the first 2 episodes, I was hoping this show could be to Idol animes what konosuba was to isekai.

But really... it's just another idol anime, which I really have no interest in. Only some occasional Hououin Kyoma is worth watching right now.
Oct 25, 2018 1:33 PM
Jul 2018
Better episode than the previous one. But it could be better. I guess that ep 5 will be good tho.
Oct 25, 2018 1:36 PM

Dec 2017
welp, as many other people said here the last 2 episodes are the downfall of this show so far. but hey, at least onsen and not a beach episode, am i right?
Oct 25, 2018 1:44 PM

Jun 2014
Lol the last few minutes of the episode was hilarious. It sucks that what they did caused the pharmaceutical lady to forget everything from the previous day.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 25, 2018 1:50 PM

Apr 2016
Sakura might as well be my favorite character. I can't believe how much I'm enjoying this show. The girls interacting with each other is just such a pleasant experience to watch.
Oct 25, 2018 2:00 PM

May 2016
Tatsumi to me felt like the true mastermind of the show and could be the one who took the girls form the moment they died and used vodo magic to ressurect them :/
Oct 25, 2018 2:41 PM

Apr 2015
That moment Sakura's head fell off just literally turned the episode around. Cgi is still questionable, but onsen scenes were really good!
Oct 25, 2018 2:48 PM

Dec 2015
It loooks like they're trying to be an actual idol anime and focus less on the comedy. So, I guess it was good while it lasted, but I'm dropping it
Oct 25, 2018 2:56 PM

Aug 2013
I fuggin love this series man. My guilty pleasure on Thursdays. I might have to watch how they do this in English when the dub comes out.
Don't believe the hype.
Oct 25, 2018 3:13 PM

Sep 2011
And they did it again. I was expecting more.

Oct 25, 2018 3:32 PM
Oct 2017
Strange that in the foot bath scene that no one loses makeup on contact with water
In episode1 Sakura lost hers in the rain...
Oct 25, 2018 4:51 PM

Sep 2016
This episode was better than the previous one thanks to the last five minutes
Every scene of Kotaro makes me laugh so hard XD he's probably my favorite character from this season
Next week things probably will get back on track....well...chickens...
Oct 25, 2018 4:54 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This was way funnier than the last episode for sure

Mamoru constantly has me rolling on the floor in tears but man that final scene at night was the icing on the cake xDDDD
Oct 25, 2018 4:57 PM

Oct 2018
This episode was much better than the last one
Oct 25, 2018 5:44 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode, loved it, probably even my favorite one yet.

I loved the opening where Koutarou totally wrecked the group and their expectations. XDD
Mamoru with another god tier performance throughout the episode, he's so built for these types of roles. xD

Loved the little moment the girls shared during the footbath talking about how they were motivated to become idols with the music playing in the background. Felt very reminiscent of Love Live which is a really good thing for me. Show scored some real points with me there. :)

Would've liked a little more in the performance but it was pretty nice to watch even though the CG was very mediocre.

Oh my god that Saki-chan reaction when she realized that Junko wanted to goto the onsen as well was pure gold, I laughed so much. Loving the wacky expressions. xD
Definite highlight of the episode were the onsen scenes and the entire horror movie sequence with the pharmaceutical chairwoman. They were priceless. XD

The_Mad_Wizard said:
And they did it again. I was expecting more.

XD XD XD
I don't know why this is making me laugh so much. That inclusion of Berserk though. XD
Oct 25, 2018 6:00 PM

Oct 2015
Tatsumi is still my favorite, the way he speaks to the girls always make my day. His briefings are always the ones i look forward to, the VA in this character execute him so well. He's a douche but he's my favorite and I wish they showed him more than the girls.

Anyway funny episode.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 25, 2018 6:40 PM

Feb 2016

Damn it.

This episode marks the point that I was fearing since I finished watching episode 3. This really *is* going to be just a generic idol anime, isn't it? It started off as a wonderfully hilarious dark comedy, and now we get bait-and-switched into idol crap. We get the random pep-talk about "togetherness" and "try our best", and then the characters are pimping out a liniment patch product, gushing over how wonderful it all is. What... ?

Does anyone know if that product is a real life product, because I was getting the vibe that they were legitimately trying to get the viewer to buy it. Either that, or they were making fun of other shows that try to have fictional characters sell products on the actual show. I'm honestly not sure, but after seeing that the crappy CGI was *not* actually parody, I won't put anything past this show anymore.

I will give it one more episode, but if it continues being unfunny, I think I might be dropping this one. Props to any of you who stick it out for the full run.
Oct 25, 2018 7:48 PM

May 2018
Too much hillarious face on that hallway run scene. I almost laugh out loud, especially when sakura's head dismantled.

Of course I'm waiting for next episode, this anime is funny enough, and I also don't have any watch list on this day beside tonari kyuuketsuki
Oct 25, 2018 7:55 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
A nice group bonding moment, something they desperately needed if they want to continue to be an idol group.They finally got a great performance down too.

Tatsumi laying down the moves on the corporate lady. What a chad.

Looks like every episode, the legendary Tae Yamada will continue to become more and more normal. I always like to check to see how much farther she's gotten in her awakening process.

This show has been a blast so far.
Oct 25, 2018 8:40 PM

Jul 2016
It was a better episode than the last one. The last minutes with the madness at the onsen were the best without a doubt.

And regarding the next episode... ehmm, I literaly have no idea what it's going to be about...

P.S.: I'm counting the minutes to see "The Legendary" Yamada Tae's awakening.
Oct 25, 2018 8:52 PM

Jan 2013
this show lost its charm for me...then that bath/hallway scene happened and thought too soon.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2018

293 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2018

138 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 3:56 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2018

117 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2018

378 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 12:18 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2018

171 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 11:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.