Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 23, 2018 7:19 PM

Jan 2015
You know how girls can wave the makeup wand and hide ugly? Do boys think this is unfair? Do you boys secretly use make up?

I meant socially it's more acceptable for women to contour etc while most boys just deal with el naturalè
ezlordOct 23, 2018 7:50 PM

ur opinion = shit
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 23, 2018 7:26 PM

Oct 2014
Not really. Considering how much time and effort goes into both learning how to do your makeup well and then actually applying it, you all deserve the benefits you reap.

And no, I don't think I could ever wear makeup. I do use all kinds of women products in the shower though. Makes me feel fabulous.
Oct 23, 2018 7:31 PM

Jan 2015
Nithirel said:
Not really. Considering how much time and effort goes into both learning how to do your makeup well and then actually applying it, you all deserve the benefits you reap.

And no, I don't think I could ever wear makeup. I do use all kinds of women products in the shower though. Makes me feel fabulous.

I mean like socially it's more acceptable for women to wear makeup u know? Guys I feel either look good or bad but can't have a boost with looks
What products do u use

ur opinion = shit
Oct 23, 2018 7:41 PM

Oct 2014
ezlord said:
Nithirel said:

I mean like socially it's more acceptable for women to wear makeup u know? Guys I feel either look good or bad but can't have a boost with looks
What products do u use

Everything except shampoo (I use men's for that). Bodywash, face wash, gel cleanser, etc.
Oct 23, 2018 7:43 PM

Jan 2015
Nithirel said:
ezlord said:

What products do u use

Everything except shampoo (I use men's for that). Bodywash, face wash, gel cleanser, etc.

Yo it's so unfair tho, men's shampo and deodorant smells more mature and sexy then than flowery floral shit we women get

ur opinion = shit
Oct 23, 2018 7:46 PM

Sep 2012
ezlord said:
You know how girls can wave the makeup wand and hide ugly? Do boys think this is unfair? Do you boys secretly use make up?
Tad bit of that hella eyeliner to look more edgy Kpopish, maybe some foundation to cover a blemish?

oh my fucking god no, why let it be co-opted by that cancer?
when i think of eyeliner on guys, i firstly think of people that actually make it look good.

Oh maybe, maybe it's the clothes we wear
The tasteless bracelets and the dye in our hair
Or maybe, maybe it's our nowhere towns or our nothing places
But we're trash, you and me
We're the litter on the breeze
We're the lovers on the streets
Just trash, me and you
It's in everything we do
It's in everything we do

Oct 23, 2018 7:46 PM

Sep 2018
I’m a girl and I fucking hate wearing makeup. I’m not really concerned with looking beautiful, I don’t like wearing fancy clothes or makeup, but that’s just me. A stinky tomboy like me can’t speak for all girls.
I don’t think it’s “unfair”, cause I’m obviously not jealous of makeup wearers, and most guys I know aren’t either.
But actually, some guys can really pull off makeup. Just do what you want. Feel beautiful. Do what you think is necessary to look your best.
Oct 23, 2018 7:48 PM

Jan 2015
juiccbox said:
I’m a girl and I fucking hate wearing makeup. I’m not really concerned with looking beautiful, I don’t like wearing fancy clothes or makeup, but that’s just me. A stinky tomboy like me can’t speak for all girls.
I don’t think it’s “unfair”, cause I’m obviously not jealous of makeup wearers, and most guys I know aren’t either.
But actually, some guys can really pull off makeup. Just do what you want. Feel beautiful.

Same man, I hate the way makeup feels
But I'm just saying socially I feel like boys aren't accepted in wearing makeup, or contouring their face to change up their appearance while women can and its not weird

ur opinion = shit
Oct 23, 2018 7:53 PM

Sep 2018
ezlord said:
juiccbox said:
But actually, some guys can really pull off makeup. Just do what you want. Feel beautiful.

Same man, I hate the way makeup feels
But I'm just saying socially I feel like boys aren't accepted in wearing makeup, or contouring their face to change up their appearance while women can and its not weird

Yeah, I agree with that. I wish it was more socially accepted, they deserve to do it just like we do. Nothin wrong with wanting to be pretty.
Oct 23, 2018 7:54 PM

May 2017
If the woman is ugly and very skillable on doing makeup then I will think it's "unfair", otherwise I think it's fine, I mean, you don't wanna meet someone that is not "real", everyone wants to be more beautiful than they really are, it's pretty normal.... and no, I don't use makeup, unless the "hair cream" count as makeup, but I don't think so.

"というわけで。待望の、体 操 服! でっあ~る。祭りであれば、余も着飾ってはいられぬと用意したが……うむ! 心身ともに軽くなったようだ。どうだ? 似合っているであろう、マスター?" - Random Quote From Internet by Saber Nero

Oct 23, 2018 7:57 PM

Oct 2014
ezlord said:
Nithirel said:

Yo it's so unfair tho, men's shampo and deodorant smells more mature and sexy then than flowery floral shit we women get

Yeah, I like the smell of women's bodywash and such, but haven't found a shampoo I like. So have always used men's.
Oct 23, 2018 8:01 PM

Oct 2018
I think it depends where you live? Guys here wear make-up, not like full on contour or whatever it's called, but like many wear foundation and eye-liner, some also like nail polish.

Girls still wear make-up more often, but it's all fairly simple. We don't have any Kardashian-type or the shister guy-type style of make-up. Personally, I just like black nail polish, makes me look edgy.

Don't worry about being lame now, you were always lame anyway!

Oct 23, 2018 8:05 PM

Jan 2015
MrBluee said:
If the woman is ugly and very skillable on doing makeup then I will think it's "unfair", otherwise I think it's fine, I mean, you don't wanna meet someone that is not "real", everyone wants to be more beautiful than they really are, it's pretty normal.... and no, I don't use makeup, unless the "hair cream" count as makeup, but I don't think so.

Same yo
What hair cream do u use, like brand name

ur opinion = shit
Oct 23, 2018 8:06 PM

Sep 2017
my boyfriend says it's fair cause girls wear makeup to look pretty but at the end of the day they're average and being average naturally is good enough cause that's who you are and people learn to get used to it over time
hi,i like you.
Oct 23, 2018 8:20 PM

Oct 2014
I think it's because being physically attractive is less important for men generally speaking. Of course being an attractive man is a huge bonus and an advantage but for the most part, it isn't really what men are primarily ranked upon. It might sound bit sexist, the first impression a woman gives is through her physical appearance.

Oct 23, 2018 8:32 PM

Oct 2010
Most of the guys I know don't really consider wearing makeup, so I would assume they don't find it unfair. In fact, my husband says it's unfair women are expected to put so much effort into their appearance by society. So I guess it's the other way around in my experience?
Oct 23, 2018 10:50 PM

May 2013
Pshh men can wear makeup if they want. Probably won't be as hot as any girl, but you can try!

I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Oct 24, 2018 12:22 AM

Mar 2008
Well most guys are fine with girls wearing a little makeup but I don't think most girls are fine with guys wearing makeup at least at same level as they themselves do so it is an unfair double standard of who can do it unjudged. However I don't think most guys see it as unfair for this reason due to males like females being by majority so caught up in gender role norms they can't imagine it any other way. If a male thinks it's unfair the unfairness would be a perception of it being deceptive if it makes someone they would find unattractive made to look attractive to them.
traedOct 24, 2018 12:26 AM
Oct 24, 2018 1:05 AM
Jul 2018
nobody has stopped boys from using make up, if they are afraid or unsure to use it because of what people would say, then it's their problem
Oct 24, 2018 1:49 AM

Dec 2016
I honestly have absolutely no idea how to wear makeup. Don't really care to either. However, a gay guy once hit on me and got glitter all over me. Try to pick up sexy beach girlz with glitter all over you. I fucking dare you.

Also, I put blonde streaks in my hair once, motherfucking friends called me a cheetah.

;___________________;

Oct 24, 2018 1:50 AM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
I don't know about makeup, if I were an actor or a cosplayer probably. But I don't have the build to crossplay so I'll pass lol

Oct 24, 2018 3:32 AM

May 2017
ezlord said:
MrBluee said:

Same yo
What hair cream do u use, like brand name

L'oréal... I think most of men who has a "hairstyle" use "hair cream" or "combing cream", I kinda use both.

"というわけで。待望の、体 操 服! でっあ~る。祭りであれば、余も着飾ってはいられぬと用意したが……うむ! 心身ともに軽くなったようだ。どうだ? 似合っているであろう、マスター?" - Random Quote From Internet by Saber Nero

Oct 24, 2018 3:50 AM
Apr 2018
Nah, I don't think of it as unfair. I use a facial cream and that's all.

Tbh, I think I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing make-up. My ugliness would still be there.
Oct 24, 2018 3:54 AM

Aug 2017
males compensate for ugliness using their wallets or by lifting.
Oct 24, 2018 4:04 AM

Aug 2010
Ehh, I don't think it's unfair. I would probably never wear makeup since I suck at it and it just wouldn't feel right to me. I don't mind using female body wash, facial cream, and etc since it smells good but that's about it. Also I don't really care if women wear it either. I think it's sometimes better to show your natural skin/beauty.

Oct 24, 2018 4:24 AM
Oct 2018
This time period is quiet interesting. People are questioning rigid societal norms and it'll be interesting where we go from here.
The archetype of a man is changing and so is that of a woman, for the better or for worse i cannot tell.
Revolutionary times guys, revolutionary times.
I unironically live.
Oct 24, 2018 4:35 AM

Jul 2012
Why would boys care about makeup? Aren't girls the ones that are taught that they need to be pretty little things? They are called cute and pretty before any other compliment. Boys are pretty much never commented on their appearance (bar family/gf), no matter if we put work into it or not. For a majority of males, it's just make sure your clothes fit and keep your hair tidy because nobody is going to say anything anyway, so at least we can avoid looking homeless.
Oct 24, 2018 4:48 AM

Jul 2007
Imagine feeling compelled to hide your face behind a dense layer of shit. Nothing to envy there.
Oct 24, 2018 4:51 AM
Jul 2018
I don't use make-up to "lie" to people (they know me without anyway), I simple use it, because I like how I look like with it.
And I don't see a reason why guys shouldn't use at least powder to conceal skin problems or anything. I don't think most of them are looking good with other kind of make-up, but it's not something I should care about.
Oct 24, 2018 6:12 AM

Sep 2015
Well, I aint hiding ugly if they aint
Oct 24, 2018 6:23 AM

Jan 2009
nope lol, personally as a male im too lazy for that makeup thing so i do not care and i bet a lot of males feels the same way too
Oct 24, 2018 6:27 AM

Feb 2016
deg said:
nope lol, personally as a male im too lazy for that makeup thing so i do not care and i bet a lot of males feels the same way too

and girls too. i am a girl who has NEVER wore make up even once in my entire life.
Oct 24, 2018 7:24 AM

Apr 2015
I personally think makeup is pointless just layering it all over you just to hide how you really look, my fiancee never uses it and looks perfect without, so theirs no big deal if you dont use makeup.
Oct 24, 2018 10:10 AM

Apr 2018
Makeup for men is just a beard, it serves the same purpose.

Oct 24, 2018 10:21 AM

Mar 2008
Chaet said:
nobody has stopped boys from using make up, if they are afraid or unsure to use it because of what people would say, then it's their problem

It's sometimes banned in schools and workplaces and of course people's parents can forbid it. So that isn't really true.
Oct 24, 2018 10:25 AM

May 2013
azula-is-gay said:
deg said:

and girls too. i am a girl who has NEVER wore make up even once in my entire life.

I feel that. I'm a guy and the amount of times I've worn a 'nice' collared shirt is like... not that many...

I don't mind dressing nice but it just feels so weird to do it without a definite reason... Definitely a tshirt and sweatpants kind of nigga lol
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Oct 24, 2018 10:39 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Dunno if you know, but all celebs (even men) spend hours in makeup.
Only it's so well done you don't notice something is off. Also, waterproof makeup is apparently a thing.
Oct 24, 2018 10:53 AM

Nov 2016
I don't. I can't imagine makeup actually making a guy look better unless the guy had really feminine looks. I think masculine beauty lies in a good physique and hygiene. Masculine beauty is functional, not ornamental.
Oct 24, 2018 11:15 AM
Aug 2016
Make up have no gender so what makes you think make up is only for girls and guys can't wear it? I am a guy and when I go out *and I feel like using make up and when I'm not too lazy* I wear it and don't feel weird about it. But my genes help me have a smooth baby face, and I also do a skincare mask once a week, so that is good enough to have an acceptable skin and I don't need to cover it with any make up.
And when I said I use make up from time to time, I only reffer to foundation and maybe even an eyeliner that I sometimes use it on my waterline at the corner of my eye, and just on the top part.
I use make up in that kind of way that I look like I don't wear any make up at all, and still look on fleek.
Oct 24, 2018 11:34 AM
Jul 2018
traed said:
Chaet said:

It's sometimes banned in schools and workplaces and of course people's parents can forbid it. So that isn't really true.

Well, I don't know about workplaces, but in school it's banned for everyone. And I don't think parents' disapproval will be an issue, unless they are little kids
Oct 24, 2018 11:38 AM

Nov 2014
I'm a super feminine man, but I don't give a shiiiiiit about the way I look. Makeup is alright, worn it a few times, but it's not worth the effort. Personally feel like not having to worry about makeup is a considerable perk to being a man.
Oct 24, 2018 12:20 PM

Feb 2010
No why would i want to put sketchy products on my skin especially when a lot of those products contain shit like mercury and other poisonous metals or material.

@ezlord but hey if you want to slather what might have Cadmium in it all over your face i won't stop you. i won't recommenced it, but i am not good enough to stop you either
GrimAtramentOct 24, 2018 6:54 PM
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Oct 24, 2018 1:37 PM
Jul 2018
as a guy, I don't give a fuck about how I look tbh as long as i'm not standing out
Oct 24, 2018 4:43 PM

Nov 2011
There’s a boy in one of my classes that shifts between wearing more feminine clothing and makeup vs more masculine clothing and as far as I can see no one bothers him about it. It’d be nice if this just became the norm and people could wear whatever they wanted to be happy.

Oct 24, 2018 6:29 PM

Apr 2011
I find it more unfair that most women feel obliged to wear makeup in order not to receive looks or comments such as ‘you look ill’, ‘are you tired?’, ‘you look like a child’, etcetera. The amount of nasty responses to women not wearing makeup is absurd. Men don’t have that going for them, their appearance usually does not seem to gather as much attention.

» "You've fought a valiant duel, my friend..." «

⍏⍏⍏⍏⍏

inspector @ MAL's anime watching challenge
Oct 24, 2018 6:35 PM

Aug 2012
Never wore makeup whatsoever, and never will. I am fine if boys want to wear makeup or whatever.
Oct 24, 2018 6:41 PM

Feb 2015
You also think it's unfair that women are the one being fucked instead of the one doing it right?

OP, I suggest a thing called sex change.
Oct 24, 2018 7:27 PM

Jul 2012
The only guys who I know wear make up are................
Oct 24, 2018 7:32 PM

Feb 2018
Nothing's stopping a guy from using makeup as well.
Oct 24, 2018 7:47 PM

Sep 2018
fuck no, i'm glad i don't have to waste time and money over it. the best make up is not giving too many shits about physical appearance.

more like the other way around, i feel bad that for girls, it's sort of in their "nature" to compulsively worry about it
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Plushies

_Nette_ - Today

14 by 0arche »»
4 minutes ago

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

23 by Dracowyn »»
7 minutes ago

» Do you enjoy nature?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 23

25 by Ex-Aid »»
18 minutes ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - Apr 19

41 by -Jahra »»
27 minutes ago

» Is it a good idea to stay relatively anonymous online?

DesuMaiden - Apr 20

28 by vasipi4946 »»
40 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.