Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (37) « First ... « 29 30 [31] 32 33 » ... Last »
Jul 1, 2017 4:52 AM

Jun 2017
Soon, 27th of September
Wow gotta book a ticket to akhibara then ,lol
Jul 24, 2017 1:17 AM
Jul 2017
Best anime I've ever seen, finished it recently (too late to the party?) My 10/10 to this anime <3
Would like to take this opportunity to confess, I want a gf as tsundere as Kuristina ;)
Jul 26, 2017 12:30 PM
Mar 2016
amazing anime, really well done, enjoyed every minute of it
Aug 1, 2017 2:12 PM

Oct 2014
Loved the ending, happy that after all they've been through, Kurisu and Okabe meet again. I hope Kurisu begins to recall some memories that her and the gang went through, just like Mayuri did. Seems like she got a glimpse at the end there, referring to being Okabe's assistant. I can see why this anime is so highly regarded!
Aug 1, 2017 2:33 PM

Mar 2016
jdimaria3 said:
Loved the ending, happy that after all they've been through, Kurisu and Okabe meet again. I hope Kurisu begins to recall some memories that her and the gang went through, just like Mayuri did. Seems like she got a glimpse at the end there, referring to being Okabe's assistant. I can see why this anime is so highly regarded!

That happy ending was harder than you think, wait until S;G Zero next year :)
Aug 1, 2017 2:47 PM

Oct 2014
HoTTab1CH said:
jdimaria3 said:

That happy ending was harder than you think, wait until S;G Zero next year :)

Oh jeez, haha. Looking forwards to it, though I imagine it's a lot of suffering to go through to achieve the happy end. Plus, the cover art for the season seems pretty dark
Aug 2, 2017 7:28 AM
Jan 2017
Even tho it was a bit boring at the beggining, this anime got better and it had an amazing plot, the ending was great 😍, can't wait to watch the movie, 10/10
Sep 28, 2017 7:29 PM

Apr 2014
honestly i wish i didn't know this anime was in top 10 when i watched it, because i ended up having high expectations. and unfortunately, i think those high expectations was what ruined this anime for me. i kept expecting something mind-blowing or amazing but it just never came, so it disappointed me in the end. i heard from people that this anime was "confusing" in the beginning but i was never confused and it wasn't that unexpected, aside from a couple moments. i hate having high expectations for anime before i even start it, sigh...

i think another thing that disappointed me is that i thought Mayuri would play a bigger role in the anime, from the opening song and some weird flashbacks. she was my favorite character and i thought we would get more explanations about her. all we know is that her grandma died and she sometimes puts her hand out to the sky

now, this anime isn't bad by any means, i just don't think it should be in top 10. but that's obviously my opinion, and i guess people prefer anime with happy "feel good" endings like this one.

overall i'd give it around 7.5/10. i liked the beginning and the middle of the anime but then towards the end it felt like a chore to watch the anime as i was no longer interested, i had to force myself to watch the last episode to finally get it over with

(i also wish we could have seen Kurisu in the future when she was part of SERN and Okarin part of a terrorist group)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2017 1:36 PM

Mar 2016
owlette said:
honestly i wish i didn't know this anime was in top 10 when i watched it, because i ended up having high expectations. and unfortunately, i think those high expectations was what ruined this anime for me. i kept expecting something mind-blowing or amazing but it just never came, so it disappointed me in the end. i heard from people that this anime was "confusing" in the beginning but i was never confused and it wasn't that unexpected, aside from a couple moments. i hate having high expectations for anime before i even start it, sigh...

i think another thing that disappointed me is that i thought Mayuri would play a bigger role in the anime, from the opening song and some weird flashbacks. she was my favorite character and i thought we would get more explanations about her. all we know is that her grandma died and she sometimes puts her hand out to the sky

now, this anime isn't bad by any means, i just don't think it should be in top 10. but that's obviously my opinion, and i guess people prefer anime with happy "feel good" endings like this one.

overall i'd give it around 7.5/10. i liked the beginning and the middle of the anime but then towards the end it felt like a chore to watch the anime as i was no longer interested, i had to force myself to watch the last episode to finally get it over with

(i also wish we could have seen Kurisu in the future when she was part of SERN and Okarin part of a terrorist group)

Yea, but final episodes(specifically 23) were foreshadowed in 1 episode. And it was not happy ending that was reached with no any cost because episode 23 and 24 is not what originally happened, you might be interested in upcoming S;G0 which shows what originally happened and how it was possible to reach happy end in 23 24. Basically chronological order S;G ep1-22 -> ep23Beta -> S;G0 -> S;G ep23-24
Oct 31, 2017 1:47 PM

Apr 2017
I'm late, but here's my review of the series:

Steins Gate is a mediocre excuse of a harem anime disguised as something "intelligent".

I can't take the plot seriously at all. A bunch of teens travel through time using a microwave... yeah, a microwave. Also, an old computer or something like that. It was difficult paying attention to this idiotic story that took itself way too seriously. It would sure have worked better as a comedy.

Every episode feels the same, quite literally. As the main characters travel through time they experience the same things happening over and over again. It becomes unintentionally comical at times, like when the MC tries to save someone being attacked and then just ends up stabbing the person he tried to save, all in slow-mo.

The characters wear the same clothes every episode. Is this Family Guy or what? One certain "English speaking" character speaks the most broken Engrish I've ever heard in an anime. And don't get me started on those constant cricket sounds in the background...

Clearly there wasn't a whole lot of effort put into this anime by the creators...

Steins Gate is boring and annoying, with the characters being almost exclusively anime-clichés. It's the most overrated anime of all time, for sure.

I'm nice enough to give it 4/10 though.
Nov 2, 2017 9:01 AM

Mar 2016
@zodd0 Steins Gate maybe isn't intelligent but it's not mediocre either, and what's wrong with harem?

They can travel time not just because of microwaves and old computers. Only episodes 17, 18 and 19 have the same purpose but they still have different stories.
Nov 10, 2017 7:01 AM

Oct 2007
The harem part is the best part of this series. The moment the plot moves to time travel, it becomes painfully clear that it has VN video game conventions in place of actual logic, which makes most of the series too dumb to enjoy.
Nov 24, 2017 7:56 PM
Dec 2014
8/10 instead of 9/10 because they din't talk a lot about SERN.
Dec 6, 2017 1:59 PM

Dec 2009
OKay yeah that was amazing.

See you later space... errr time travel cowboy
Dec 28, 2017 11:20 PM

Mar 2016
I wanted Rintarou to be with Mayuri because that was the only relationship that made logical sense.

Last six episodes of steins;gate 1/10 but steins;gate as a whole 8/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 2, 2018 11:57 PM
Jan 2018
Okay so, i dont normally do this stuff so please can you answer this simple stupid question of mine lol i really need someones help to explain Steins Gate's ending (Episode 24), where Kurisu said to Okarin this line "I told you im not "Christina" or your assistant!" i got confused why did Kurisu said that? didn't it all started over? didnt they just meet again for the first time? i dont know i dont get it im so stupid af hahaha. PLEASE HELP ME! LMAO! btw the anime was amazing 10/10
Jan 3, 2018 5:13 AM
Jun 2017
Just love the finele... nice way to end the series..
Jan 3, 2018 7:03 AM

Feb 2016
KingLeBlanc said:
Okay so, i dont normally do this stuff so please can you answer this simple stupid question of mine lol i really need someones help to explain Steins Gate's ending (Episode 24), where Kurisu said to Okarin this line "I told you im not "Christina" or your assistant!" i got confused why did Kurisu said that? didn't it all started over? didnt they just meet again for the first time? i dont know i dont get it im so stupid af hahaha. PLEASE HELP ME! LMAO! btw the anime was amazing 10/10

Just like how Luka and Faris had remembered some moments from other worldlines, Kurisu also had some similar revelations.. so in the end not everything is lost!
Jan 26, 2018 4:12 AM

Apr 2017
HoTTab1CH said:
Mezo-RPWPA said:

but you could just say the same thing happened in the first episode , older okabe was there and the new okabe who stayed throughout the rest of the series thought that Kristina is dead

Episode 1 and 23 are exactly same events but from different perspectives, you can call that "loop", episode 24 is basically breaking that loop.

I'm somewhat confused on how there weren't 3 versions of Okabe back when he got the video message from his future self that motivated him to go back. Wouldn't this version have to hide from the version from his previous attempt to break the loop?
Jan 26, 2018 7:05 AM

Feb 2016
CasualViewer2001 said:
HoTTab1CH said:

Episode 1 and 23 are exactly same events but from different perspectives, you can call that "loop", episode 24 is basically breaking that loop.

I'm somewhat confused on how there weren't 3 versions of Okabe back when he got the video message from his future self that motivated him to go back. Wouldn't this version have to hide from the version from his previous attempt to break the loop?

The VN explains it better. Everytime someone physically travels with a time machine, the wordline is changed so slightly (like ~0.000001) to prevent such paradoxes from occurring. There can't be 3 Okabes at the same time in the same worldline.
Jan 26, 2018 4:49 PM

Apr 2017
Aquamirror said:
CasualViewer2001 said:

The VN explains it better. Everytime someone physically travels with a time machine, the wordline is changed so slightly (like ~0.000001) to prevent such paradoxes from occurring. There can't be 3 Okabes at the same time in the same worldline.

So the 0.00001% WL change from the time machine isn't explained in the anime?
Jan 26, 2018 11:06 PM

Nov 2015
CasualViewer2001 said:
Aquamirror said:

So the 0.00001% WL change from the time machine isn't explained in the anime?
No, it is not. They cut that part out even though it's very important.
Feb 2, 2018 2:46 PM

Jan 2009
^Yeah, I was wondering too why there weren't 3 Okarins.
"I've learned there are two currents of thoughts in human society. The opinion that there are things worth more than human life. And the opinion that there's nothing preferable to life". Wenli, Yang - LotGH
http://www.bluepasj.wordpress.com
Feb 25, 2018 10:49 PM

Jul 2017
I am glad that I live in a world line with this anime. haHAA...
Mar 4, 2018 1:32 PM

Jun 2013
A fitting ending. El Psy Congroo.
Mar 12, 2018 9:12 PM

Jun 2017
This show was so good that I can't stop myself from watching so I had no sleep last night but no regrets since this is the first sci-fi anime that i've been very attached to in watching plus the fact that it has a very, very good story and conclusion. All the fear, excitement, thrill, disappointment, and a bit of anger that I felt were all worth it because of its spectacular ending. This is the same feeling that I had after watching the movie "Interstellar". Amazing.

100000000000/10
Mar 27, 2018 5:22 PM

Mar 2009
Rewatched the whole series in anticipation of the new series next season.

Just such a fantastic, clever, and well-done ending. Props to White Fox, and Hiroshi Hamasaki's distinct directorial style. It's really a great series from beginning to end, despite the first half being a little slow(I guess) until episode 12 hits. I think I'll leave my original score at a 10, though.

I have not watched the movie, so I'm probably going to do that tomorrow or so. And then that alternate episode 23 after that, to lead in to next season's Steins;Gate 0.
Apr 4, 2018 8:39 AM

Jul 2016
Pretty great.

Didn't like the romantic aspect of the show (a bit forced for me), but besides that it's great in every other aspect. Nothing more to say

9/10
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Apr 9, 2018 11:14 AM

Jan 2013
This really fucked my head... but I don't really see the appeal. People overhype it to death. It was just a good plot series, 7/10. Nowhere near the "masterpiece" most claim it to be
KladApr 9, 2018 12:42 PM
Apr 9, 2018 8:13 PM
Dec 2015
foi bom embora n entendi umas coisas, mas chaos head foi bem melhor .
Apr 15, 2018 6:34 PM
Mar 2018
So casual Sunday planning to watch a little anime here and there. Then I hit up SteinsGate, not expecting that much.

Then I sit in my chair for 12 hours. Crying, smiling and cheering on.
This might be on my top3. What a wonderful and captivating experience, I just could not stop watching, I was missing this feeling for a long time now. These current seasons are just full of mediocre shows. This was just 10/10 masterpiece material, I will probably be thinking about this for the next few days like Mirai Nikki and Aot and so, the classics.
Apr 18, 2018 5:01 PM

Dec 2015
So I guess episode 1 was from when Okarin stabbed her at the first failed attempt to rescue in episode 23. Then he changed the timeline to alpha where Mayushi died. Then back to beta.

If he had continued to fail only this would have looped. But after he fooled himself with his own blood and after going back (at the very end after Kurisu is rescued) in between (what we don't get to see):

Stuff between episodes 2 and 22 should have happened again - I guess? (The other Okarin saw her first and sent the mail and didn't know/want to undo it.) But then he should have thought Kurisu would die after deleting the mail ... but as a miracle she was alive.

Seems a bit weird ... the others not remembering certain characters (wondering about the initials on the badge) but Kurisu still being alive ... that is fine. But for it to work Okarin would have have needed to travel back in time in that timeline.

But that only happened because he had to rescue her which isn't necessary anymore ... weird.

Edit:
Aquamirror said:
I see. This makes sense. So in the best time line at the end (Steins;Gate) it is not necessary within that timeline that Okarin later travels back. As long as the one from outside started it and shifted the events towards this timeline. Similar to the d-mail the stuff even got recognized before they actually sent the mail in the shifted/new timeline (and they didn't need to re-send it to keep the timeline constant cause within the timeline it appears to be something from "outside").
LuthandoriusApr 18, 2018 5:09 PM
May 2, 2018 3:01 AM

Apr 2015
Is it funny when Suzuha said "See you in 7 years" that S;G0 aired literally 7 years after the original aired?
May 6, 2018 1:14 AM

Feb 2018
I really didn't like episode 23/24 it should have ended after episode 22 that would have been perfect,
May 6, 2018 3:07 AM
Oct 2015
The conclusion to this season was absolutely phenomenal, I'll give this anime a Solid 10/10, and my third anime I consider to be a "masterpiece"
This has been an emotional rollercoaster from preventing Mayuri's death to Kurisu's, I'm so glad I rewatched it because the first time I watched it my empathy level was rather minuscule but now I'm in love with this.
White fox has done an amazing job adapting this anime, the facial expressions to the small little bits and pieces were well done. Along with the background OSTs that played throughout the anime. As well as changing up the opening in the last few episodes.
"El Psy Congroo" indeed
Heckle was here...
May 21, 2018 11:28 PM
Apr 2015
[Rewatch] Once again thank you Steins;Gate 0 for making me revisit this series and making me remind myself that it's truly my favorite anime of all time. I still remember the feelings I had when I first rewatched this, the goosebumps I felt when Okabe proceeded Operation Skuld, and the tingle of warmth at the last scene with Okabe and Christina Kurisu. The feelings were still the same with this rewatch even though I already know what's going to happen :)

Now to continue to lurk into the despair in 0. All is the choice of Steins Gate.
May 23, 2018 10:58 AM
Feb 2018
Hey guys I would know if anyone knows how exactly the microwave phone works, because at the begin it works by a phone on it that send D-mails in the past, but then they send D-mails in the past even without connecting the phone to the microwave like in the episode with FB if anyone of you understood how it works could explain me too? Thanks ;-)
May 23, 2018 11:18 AM

Feb 2016
Sterion said:
Hey guys I would know if anyone knows how exactly the microwave phone works, because at the begin it works by a phone on it that send D-mails in the past, but then they send D-mails in the past even without connecting the phone to the microwave like in the episode with FB if anyone of you understood how it works could explain me too? Thanks ;-)

They set up a burner phone that is always attached to the microwave and relays messages. Kurisu called Daru to turn it on.
May 23, 2018 1:06 PM
Feb 2018
But even if they called daru to turn it on I saw they send the message from the FB'phone to the Moeka's phone so how does it work? Sorry be patient with me :')
May 25, 2018 3:24 AM

Jun 2016
Sterion said:
But even if they called daru to turn it on I saw they send the message from the FB'phone to the Moeka's phone so how does it work? Sorry be patient with me :')

The PhoneWave is modified to act as a kind of relay. The mail goes from FB's phone -> PhoneWave's phone -> Moeka's phone (in the past). How exactly it was made to work as a relay - well, chalk that up to Daru's engineering skills.
Aug 16, 2018 3:06 PM

Aug 2017
Amazing conclusion to the series. It have a beautiful ending. My original score was 8/10 but due that I love most of the characters so my final score for Steins;Gate is 9/10
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 26, 2018 2:00 AM

Mar 2017
And so they managed to tie everything together rather nicely! I enjoyed this series very much, it is a great time travelling thriller. It starts slow, but not in a bad way. The first half makes one really care about all the involved characters and it is good that these episodes explain the time travel rules and logic of this anime. Without those explanations, the latter half might seem like there were plotholes. But they explained the world line concept in great details beforehand.

As a mystery it was a little bit too predictable I think, and as a character show most of them didn't get quite enough characterization. But I was quite fond of the Okabe / Kurisu dynamic and the romantic element of the show! It developped subtly and very naturally. I liked the comedy aspect, too. The show never made me laugh, but that's okay, since it's not a comedy series. It did make me smile and feel happy though during the first half. And that's great!

As someone who's watched the entire Star Trek franchise, I really appreciate that Steins;Gate follows its own time travel logic consistently and doesn't screw up. Because Star Trek has a shitton of different time travel logics, and sometimes they even screw up within the timespan of a single episode, by introducing contradicting logic.

This show gets a very solid 7/10 from me! It is good and I think it can be universally appreciated, whether you are into those kind of stories or not. I might even bump it up to a 8/10 eventually, after checking out the sequels etc. of this franchise. It's just that great! My favorite character has to be Okabe of course, since he is the deepest character. But his antics early on when he was just a comedic figure were also really funny and charming! Plus he knows what's up, lab coats are freaking rad.

If I had access to D-Mails, I would send one to myself a few years ago and tell him he's an idiot for dropping Steins;Gate after 1 episode. If I had stuck with it for a bit longer, I might not have taken a break from anime altogether for such a long time.
Sep 7, 2018 5:36 AM
Sep 2018
Great anime and really good ending
Oct 10, 2018 8:53 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Great anime, even after rewatching. Christina/10
Oct 20, 2018 2:47 AM

Mar 2016
Who is that girl that looks exactly like Suzuha, though?

It's so confusing!
Suzuha is not supposed to exist on SG WL.

That girl is also implying that she'll get a baby in 7 years, so us viewers probably think that she must be Suzuha's mother. But that's also not true, because we all know thanks to Steins Gate 0 that Suzuha's mother is Yuki.

Am I just thinking too much about that Suzuha look-a-like?? .....
Oct 21, 2018 3:47 AM

Sep 2018
Steins;gate was the first show to have ever made me cry. It's been 2 months since completing the series and I still feel empty knowing I'll never get to experience it for the first time again.

Oct 25, 2018 4:59 AM
Nov 2016
chochajin said:
Who is that girl that looks exactly like Suzuha, though?

It's so confusing!
Suzuha is not supposed to exist on SG WL.

That girl is also implying that she'll get a baby in 7 years, so us viewers probably think that she must be Suzuha's mother. But that's also not true, because we all know thanks to Steins Gate 0 that Suzuha's mother is Yuki.

Am I just thinking too much about that Suzuha look-a-like?? .....

The girl that looked like Suzuha in the Ova ep 25 is actually Yuki but they decided to change her look in Steins;Gate 0 to look more like Mayuri instead.

Why did they do that? they probably wanted her to look different because it would be kinda weird seeing 2 persons looking like Suzuha but then again, Yuki looks like Mayuri instead with a different hairstyle and different hair color.
Oct 27, 2018 2:45 PM
Jul 2013
Definitely one of the best anime, would D-mail myself to watch it long time ago. But still missing in some departments, so 9/10. Fight me.
Oct 31, 2018 9:52 AM

May 2016
matheoo41 said:
Definitely one of the best anime, would D-mail myself to watch it long time ago. But still missing in some departments, so 9/10. Fight me.

What is missing in your opinion?
-
Pages (37) « First ... « 29 30 [31] 32 33 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

saxophone15 - Apr 26, 2011

241 by GatchiShoppo »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

804 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 18, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

550 by Dyphz »»
Apr 17, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - May 17, 2011

309 by DmtTrean »»
Apr 9, 12:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - May 3, 2011

280 by Mahmoud636363 »»
Apr 9, 4:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.