Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 16, 2018 1:38 PM
Jan 2018
the title tells it all, im new to the manga thing btw, only watched a bit of the AoT manga, the 2 only reasons i think i should:
1- i already know a lot of spoilers
2- i can't wait another 6 months
What do you guys think?
Oct 16, 2018 5:08 PM
Mar 2018
I mean if you want to see everything that happens the manga is great for that. It gets pretty confusing tho and the chapters only come out once a month. You could wait it out if you feel like it.
Oct 16, 2018 6:03 PM
Dec 2017
Honestly, I’d wait because the next arc is something that you’ll probably enjoy more animated than drawn. The manga is great too but the anime will bring it to life and you won’t know what to expect! (Excluding the things you’ve been spoiled on.) Overall, do what you want to do in the remaining 6 months, you’ll enjoy the show even if you know what’ll happen. :)
Oct 16, 2018 6:08 PM

Jul 2012
You should have switched 5 years ago but it's never too late

Just remember, the manga/light novel/visual novel is better
Oct 17, 2018 6:17 AM

May 2016
So from what volume should I start reading?
I'm not exactly a manga reader but I'm so hyped that I can't wait to know what's gonna happen
Oct 18, 2018 1:42 AM

Feb 2018
archmage-senpai said:
I'm not exactly a manga reader but I'm so hyped that I can't wait to know what's gonna happen

Episode 12 ends at chapter 72, so you can start from episode 73. Tho you can start from chapter 51, because a lot of stuff was cut from the manga into anime adaptation for season 3.
Oct 18, 2018 4:59 AM

May 2012
I say you will enjoy the anime much more if you don't know what happens

So, I don't recommend reading manga
Oct 18, 2018 5:02 AM

Oct 2017
Never read the manga and then watch the anime.
Never watch the anime and then read the manga.

It will just piss you off when you find the differences. It's always been this way. I know there are idiots who read the manga and then watch the anime just to bitch and complain about how its different. Every. Fucking. Time. Just don't be like them. Be a normal person.
Oct 18, 2018 8:10 AM

May 2016
Aah I can't decide -_-
Maybe you guys are right, I should just stick to the anime and be patient
ThatShiny_Hex said:
archmage-senpai said:

Episode 12 ends at chapter 72, so you can start from episode 73. Tho you can start from chapter 51, because a lot of stuff was cut from the manga into anime adaptation for season 3.

Thanks for the info, appreciate it
Oct 19, 2018 12:53 PM
May 2017
Username23489023 said:

It will just piss you off when you find the differences. It's always been this way. I know there are idiots who read the manga and then watch the anime just to bitch and complain about how its different. Every. Fucking. Time. Just don't be like them. Be a normal person.

LoL are u talking about yourself?!! Cuz i do remember that u came in every thread about Aot to nitpick something!! Not that u aren't allowed to criticize, but still, i do agree with you tho!! When it comes to adaptation, manga readers dont know to separate things and will only point the "mistakes"
Oct 19, 2018 7:42 PM

Oct 2017
Edylson said:
Username23489023 said:

LoL are u talking about yourself?!! Cuz i do remember that u came in every thread about Aot to nitpick something!! Not that u aren't allowed to criticize, but still, i do agree with you tho!! When it comes to adaptation, manga readers dont know to separate things and will only point the "mistakes"
I've never read the AoT manga. I've only watched the anime, and yes, I'm highly critical of it. Well, I'm highly critical of any overrated anime.
Oct 21, 2018 5:35 AM

Jun 2016
Username23489023 said:
Edylson said:

I've never read the AoT manga. I've only watched the anime, and yes, I'm highly critical of it. Well, I'm highly critical of any overrated anime.

The differences in between the manga and anime adapation when it comes to AoT is so minimal that anyone who cares about it is wasting their time. I don't see why everyone thinks seeing a 100% replication of what they read is a good idea, like why?

Also,
> Overrated anime because its popular
> Probably just saying its overrated because you can't be critical on things specifically
> Please prove me wrong

To answer your question OP, I highly recommend it. Also recommend coming from the start too if you haven't already.

Oct 21, 2018 3:21 PM
Mar 2016
I decided to read the manga when season 2 was still airing (ep8), I couldn't wait! I wanted to know what's beyond the walls and what's the truth about titans and AoT world, but I decided that because I thought it's gonna be 4 years again until season 3 comes out.

Now that we know it's only 6 months, I would highly recommend that you wait and enjoy amazingly animated masterpiece with music and passionate voice acting!
Oct 21, 2018 9:08 PM
Jun 2017
Username23489023 said:

i couldn't agree more
Oct 22, 2018 12:29 AM

Sep 2015
As for me, I first saw the anime (1st season) and since I do love reading manga as well, had no problems going to manga. Read all there was and luckily for me, soon season 2 aired and now even season 3.

Most of the time, I've read the manga first and then it gets anime adaption, but sometimes, I see anime first and it convinces me that yeah, this seems good enough, so I definitely know that manga is gonna be great and should no longer put off reading it.

Some say not to watch anime first and then read manga, but that depends on the person 'cuz for me, I've got no problems at all when it comes to the differences.
I see manga and their anime adaptions as cousins - related but not the same. (Of course, unless it's a super rare gem like SnK which sticks to the original, then they're siblings XD)
And of course, I also think at times that, too bad they didn't include that or why they made that, but overall, if the manga is brought over nicely to anime, it doesn't bother me.

And when it comes to Shingeki no Kyojin, I'd say it's one of the best anime adaptions that have been made so far. Hell, Hajime Isayama wasn't satisfied with the civil war arc in manga and used the chance of anime to make it as he wished it would be, so in this case anime became canon when it comes to this arc in manga.

I say read the manga, knowing what's gonna happen doesn't lessen the excitement, cuz I'm for sure still super excited to see how it all will look animated ;D
~Nothing is Eternal but Eternity ~
Oct 22, 2018 12:46 AM

Sep 2015
Edylson said:
Username23489023 said:

...I know majority of manga readers do like to shred the adaptions to pieces (and I do think they're going way overboard)...but seeing you guys being so vocal about it...you know, not all of us do that, le sigh

Username23489023 said:

...are you being critical just because the anime is overrated? (and really, overrated is subject to ones own personal likes/dislikes) real curious here

RouzmaryOct 22, 2018 12:53 AM
~Nothing is Eternal but Eternity ~
Oct 22, 2018 8:51 AM

Feb 2018
The upcoming arc is by far my favorite so if you really can't wait go read the manga.
Oct 23, 2018 7:32 AM
Jun 2016
In my opinion, you can really go to the manga if you can't be passionate about the continuation of the story. The manga also serves more information than the anime imo, thus the anime represents the bigger and bolder action scenes. Also, if you read the manga right now, it'll be a little too late because you already come this far without reading the manga (the next arc contains so many vital information, twists, and surprises. I suggested that you stick to the original plan and wait for the next season to come out.
Oct 28, 2018 7:54 AM

Dec 2015
On my honest opinion, don't do it. I've tried before, but the feeling of reading the manga will be the same of someone giving you spoilers. When I read the part of the reveal of the Colossal and Armored titan, I didn't feel anything, but I knew it would be one of the most impactful scenes ever on the anime. And I wasn't wrong. Just watch something else while the anime doesn't return
Nov 2, 2018 2:56 AM
Nov 2015
xShinigami3125 said:
The upcoming arc is by far my favorite so if you really can't wait go read the manga.
Same!! Levi's part especially, been waiting for that scene to come alive for a LONG time.

The answer: Yeah you should, it's soooo good!You're missing out!!
Nov 7, 2018 8:54 AM

Apr 2014
The thing is Manga readers who have already caught up to the latest updated chapter read "season 3's" content several months to a year ago(maybe even longer than that). So many details have been lost in our mind but still vaguely remember the details. I'm still 100% excited when I watch even if I'm ahead. If you start reading everything now, you'll most likely forget it by the time it actually comes out. If you want to learn the rest of the story at the first time through watching, then patience is your friend. People that have read the managa either lost the game of patience or didn't mind continuing by reading. Its all up to you!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

801 by mapachefffff »»
Apr 4, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.