Forum Settings
Forums

Third 'Shingeki no Kyojin' Anime Season Airs in Split Cours

New
Oct 14, 2018 11:04 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The 12th episode of Shingeki no Kyojin's third anime season aired on Sunday ended with an announcement that its second half will air in Spring 2019. The official website has also revealed a new key visual for the second cours (pictured).

Bessatsu Shounen Magazine has been serializing the fantasy post-apocalyptic manga by Hajime Isayama since September 2009. Kodansha published the 26th compiled volume on August 9, which included the third episode of Shingeki no Kyojin: Lost Girls OVA series. The manga has a cumulative 76 million copies of its compiled volumes in circulation.

Produced by Wit Studio, the 25-episode first anime season aired in Spring 2013. Pre-production of the second season began as early as 2014, which premiered in Spring 2017. The third season debuted on July 23 but delayed its broadcast of episode 11 due to news coverage of Typhoon Trani. This season's episodes will be distributed across seven Blu-ray and DVD volumes, the first of which goes on sale on October 17, containing the first three episodes.

Kodansha Comics USA licensed the manga in English in October 2011 and published the 25th volume on July 3. The 26th volume is planned for a December 4 release.

Funimation licensed the anime series in North America and shipped the first season in two Blu-ray and DVD volumes in June and September 2014. The second season was released on a single volume on February 27.

A special event for the anime franchise will be held on February 3, 2019, where the lead cast members will make an appearance.

Source: Moca News

Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 on MAL
VindstotMay 18, 2019 11:46 AM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 14, 2018 11:09 AM

Jan 2009
oh damn its the beach episode! they want the animation quality of the bikini scenes better, titans in thongs confirmed /joke
degOct 14, 2018 11:17 AM
Oct 14, 2018 11:13 AM

Mar 2015
Tbh, I'm not surprised anymore!

Oct 14, 2018 11:14 AM

Feb 2014
As expected, but is good to have them confirm it.
Oct 14, 2018 11:15 AM

Oct 2013
So snk season 3 2nd season? If that makes sense, or snk season 3: return to shiganshina?
Oct 14, 2018 11:31 AM
Jul 2018
Damnit, I had hoped to see RTS this season.

Oh well we've waited years for a second season so this won't be a problem.
removed-userOct 14, 2018 11:38 AM
Oct 14, 2018 11:38 AM
we back

Aug 2015
Damn, that kinda sucks but I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.
Oct 14, 2018 11:39 AM

Dec 2015
This was somewhat expected considering they're doing 2 cours in such a short time after season 2.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 14, 2018 11:51 AM

Apr 2013
So on 1st of April next year, they will troll us again.....
Oct 14, 2018 11:53 AM

Jan 2016
Well, that's good if the arc is going to have great animation. I'm all for taking more time to polish things.
Oct 14, 2018 11:54 AM

Jun 2014
I am actually REALLY happy that season 3 is a split cour, because next 12 episodes will be the most action-intensive and emotional part of the AOT franchise, as well as answering most of the questions and connecting all loose threads. it deserves the Top Tier Animation.

Please, WIT (as well as its mother company and part of AOT production committee Production IG) and Kodansha, take your time and make season 3 part 2 AS EPIC AS you can!!!!! I am dying to see those breath-taking action scenes animated!!

PS: In case any anime-only audience cannot bear the wait, you can start from Manga Chapter 73 (Official Compiled volume 18) , it is available already in English and other major languages.
Oct 14, 2018 11:58 AM
Jul 2018
im ok with it, besides, there are new animes that are hyped next year!
and plus is at april!
i ok with that!
Oct 14, 2018 12:10 PM

Aug 2015
God bless, I literally got so worked up when I saw that this was the last episode but I of course knew it would not end like that. yayy, more hype!! Spring 2019 here we gooo (soon)

Oct 2010
Thanks, now I can take a 2 minute break every week to breathe.

Nov 2017
That was a big turn off really!!! All the hype and speculations and what..... wait 6 more fuckin months for the best part. Thank god i picked up the manga. Im not gonna even bother to watch this. Probably wont remember anything out of it in 6 months.
Oct 14, 2018 12:32 PM

Nov 2015
Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 - Season 2 MAL entry when
Oct 14, 2018 12:32 PM

Sep 2017
SmilingBeginner said:
I am actually REALLY happy that season 3 is a split cour, because next 12 episodes will be the most action-intensive and emotional part of the AOT franchise, as well as answering most of the questions and connecting all loose threads. it deserves the Top Tier Animation.

Please, WIT (as well as its mother company and part of AOT production committee Production IG) and Kodansha, take your time and make season 3 part 2 AS EPIC AS you can!!!!! I am dying to see those breath-taking action scenes animated!!

PS: In case any anime-only audience cannot bear the wait, you can start from Manga Chapter 73 (Official Compiled volume 18) , it is available already in English and other major languages.

is the beach episode a recent event in manga? it seems to be..
Oct 14, 2018 12:35 PM

Nov 2016
Hey, that's actually pretty cool. Now my expectations are higher than ever, tho.

Btw, AoT fans on FB aren't taking it as well as we do xD
FMmatronOct 14, 2018 1:05 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 14, 2018 1:03 PM

May 2012
Salamak said:

is the beach episode a recent event in manga? it seems to be..

It is not. It on chapter 90

The manga currently have 110 chapters

Oct 14, 2018 1:10 PM

Dec 2012
FakeNameOF said:
Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 - Season 2 MAL entry when
Already up https://myanimelist.net/anime/38524/Shingeki_no_Kyojin_Season_3_Part_2
Oct 14, 2018 1:14 PM

Feb 2017
If this ensures that the next arc is gonna be top notch in terms of animation then I am glad for a break this long.
Oct 14, 2018 1:33 PM
Aug 2017
Imo You should read the paper manga.
Oct 14, 2018 1:51 PM

Feb 2011
Attack on Titan Season 3'nt
Oct 14, 2018 2:11 PM

Jun 2008
They stop before the best part...

Well, after the next arc, everything goes downhill.
Oct 14, 2018 2:27 PM

Oct 2013
SSTHZero said:

hmm. Déjà vu? I remember back when season 1 had ended people where saying after the clash of the titan arc the series went downhill which they were talking about the arc that has just been completed in this season.

But what have we got here? The return of shiganshina arc came a long and blow everything out of the water.

Point is, you may not like the previous arc, but that doesn't mean you wont like the arc after, especially with so many possibilities. [sppoiler] the wall titan all being awaken, annie return, etc.[/b] The possibility is endless.
Oct 14, 2018 2:54 PM

Oct 2017
SSTHZero said:

Got better for me after this arch the arch that follows the end of S3 is probably my favorite so far in all of AOT/SNK with this one being a close second. I guess it just depends on what you want the story to be though.

For me it really appealed to what I tend to like genre wise but I do realize that some people got into SNK/AOT for very different reasons and those people might be disappointed.
Oct 14, 2018 4:10 PM

Jun 2008
keragamming said:
SSTHZero said:

hmm. Déjà vu? I remember back when season 1 had ended people where saying after the clash of the titan arc the series went downhill which they were talking about the arc that has just been completed in this season.

But what have we got here? The return of shiganshina arc came a long and blow everything out of the water.

Point is, you may not like the previous arc, but that doesn't mean you wont like the arc after, especially with so many possibilities. [sppoiler] the wall titan all being awaken, annie return, etc.[/spoiler] The possibility is endless.

I read everything and I'll repeat my opinion: everything goes downhill. The truth about the world was bad, and everything else made worse. I'm still reading just to finish it.
Oct 14, 2018 4:32 PM

Oct 2013
SSTHZero said:
keragamming said:

Point is, you may not like the previous arc, but that doesn't mean you wont like the arc after, especially with so many possibilities. [sppoiler] the wall titan all being awaken, annie return, etc.[/spoiler] The possibility is endless.

I read everything and I'll repeat my opinion: everything goes downhill. The truth about the world was bad, and everything else made worse. I'm still reading just to finish it.

That is fine if you dont like the direction. Still people said the same for the uprising arc, that magic was inccluded in the series and other stuff like the ackerman and thought the series went downhill, but with later revelation it made more sense and people got to like it.

Not saying it is going to be the same for you, just saying your critcism sounds awfully like the uprising arc criicism back in 2014/2015.
Oct 14, 2018 5:27 PM

Aug 2015
Now that is sad... :(

Oct 14, 2018 5:41 PM

Jun 2008
keragamming said:
SSTHZero said:

That is fine if you dont like the direction. Still people said the same for the uprising arc, that magic was inccluded in the series and other stuff like the ackerman and thought the series went downhill, but with later revelation it made more sense and people got to like it.

Not saying it is going to be the same for you, just saying your critcism sounds awfully like the uprising arc criicism back in 2014/2015.

I liked the uprising arc. It was just really slow in the manga.
Oct 14, 2018 6:06 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
SnK just pulled a SnS. Here we go.
Oct 14, 2018 6:09 PM

Aug 2017
Why not just call it season 4? Who on a marketing team though Season 3 Part 2 was a good idea?
Oct 14, 2018 6:14 PM

May 2018
well...we should wait then...*sigh*

Oct 14, 2018 6:45 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
A little gutted but I’m sure it’s for the best!
Next arc will involve the most heavy action of this whole series and so having top-notch animation will make it an absolute thriller and make the experience all the more intense! Can’t wait to see how that goes!

It is going to be a long 6 months wait, though bloody hell. The way Part I ended is making the wait all the more excruciating to bear!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 14, 2018 11:37 PM

Jul 2013
Comixs said:
Why not just call it season 4? Who on a marketing team though Season 3 Part 2 was a good idea?

Cause they never ever specify these second half/cour as 2nd Season/Part 2 whenever it become a split-cour and instead just count them as one season like Fate/Zero and F/SN UBW.

Only MAL is doing these 2nd Season/Part 2 thing cause apparently MALers are too stupid to understand these kind of things and they hate it when a show goes on a break and left incomplete on their list, resulting in this system we got for every split-cour shows.

Oct 14, 2018 11:54 PM

Jun 2015
SSTHZero said:
keragamming said:

I agree, I'm only reading the manga to finish it. There was a nice mystery to not knowing about the outside world so once the truth was revealed things just went downhill. I think that Isayama intended to end the series at the ocean, but his editors wanted to continue the story.
Oct 14, 2018 11:58 PM

Apr 2013
The last episode was pretty hype-inducing, so waiting 6 months will be hard. But if they deliver great quality this way I'm all for it, can't wait to see how this will continue.
Oct 15, 2018 2:37 AM
Jun 2012
keragamming said:
SSTHZero said:

Point is, you may not like the previous arc, but that doesn't mean you wont like the arc after, especially with so many possibilities. [sppoiler] actual spoilers.[/b] The possibility is endless.
Nice spoiler tag. Manga readers just can't help ruining everything.
Oct 15, 2018 7:52 AM

Apr 2014
Reminder that this cour's final episode had 15 animation director and 52 fucking key animators so yeah...this break is definitely needed but it's still not enough knowing how action heavy the next arc is.
Oct 15, 2018 12:09 PM
Sep 2015
>> Spring 2019?
They mean Spring 2021 right?
Oct 15, 2018 12:33 PM

Oct 2013
Z4k said:
Reminder that this cour's final episode had 15 animation director and 52 fucking key animators so yeah...this break is definitely needed but it's still not enough knowing how action heavy the next arc is.

Is that a record? Just curious.
Oct 15, 2018 1:33 PM

Jan 2009
keragamming said:
Z4k said:

in average this are the numbers for key animators and animation directors

- around 20 key animators can be working on a single episode of anime
- often, an episode of anime will have more the one animation director, and this can be a sign of scheduling problems, with more people needed to complete the episode satisfactorily and on time, or even a sign of many poor drawings needing correction
source - https://washiblog.wordpress.com/2011/01/18/anime-production-detailed-guide-to-how-anime-is-made-and-the-talent-behind-it/

so more staff/animators is a sign of a rush production schedule
Oct 15, 2018 3:02 PM

Apr 2014
keragamming said:
Z4k said:

Pretty sure that goes to either Yuri on Ice or Kabaneri's finale which had over 60 Key animators, 18 animation directors and 4 people directing the episode at the same time.
Z4KOct 15, 2018 3:06 PM
Oct 15, 2018 6:59 PM

Aug 2012
6 months... what the hell man.
The best of me.
Oct 17, 2018 11:48 PM
May 2017
Z4k said:

Don't worry we might have some colossal CG(something similiar like the rod reiss titan) but that's nothing
Oct 18, 2018 9:03 AM

Aug 2010
So like Fate/Zero?
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Oct 19, 2018 7:10 AM

Sep 2015
Nah, considering it's just 'bout 6 months, that's nothing to me, the wait will be a short one. I'm just glad they're doing it in spring and not next autumn or smt.

Afterwards we'll probably have to wait some years for s4 cuz won't be enough material yet.

And as for plot, I like it just fine so far and am totally ok with the direction
~Nothing is Eternal but Eternity ~
Oct 19, 2018 7:39 AM

Oct 2013
Rouzmary said:
Nah, considering it's just 'bout 6 months, that's nothing to me, the wait will be a short one. I'm just glad they're doing it in spring and not next autumn or smt.

Afterwards we'll probably have to wait some years for s4 cuz won't be enough material yet.

And as for plot, I like it just fine so far and am totally ok with the direction

There is already enough material for a 12 episode season 4, releasing season 3 part 2 in spring, just give the manga more breathing space.

With this method they will be able to release a season yearly with 12 episode. So I'm expecting them to announce season 4 for 2020 after season 3 part 2 is finish.
Oct 19, 2018 7:43 AM

Sep 2015
keragamming said:
Rouzmary said:

There is already enough material for a 12 episode season 4, releasing season 3 part 2 in spring, just give the manga more breathing space.

With this method they will be able to release a season yearly with 12 episode. So I'm expecting them to announce season 4 for 2020 after season 3 part 2 is finish.

hmmm maybe, thou since the latest manga arc has yet to finish, I'd say we'd have to wait more than just till 2020 for s4 or they'd leave the season with a total cliffhanger...or they could also make s4 in 2 cours with 6 months in between...yup, that would totally work
~Nothing is Eternal but Eternity ~
Oct 19, 2018 7:53 AM

Oct 2013
Rouzmary said:
keragamming said:

hmmm maybe, thou since the latest manga arc has yet to finish, I'd say we'd have to wait more than just till 2020 for s4 or they'd leave the season with a total cliffhanger...or they could also make s4 in 2 cours with 6 months in between...yup, that would totally work

Exactly, this season already left off in a huge cliffhanger already, much bigger than what is in the current manga.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
6 minutes ago

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
7 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.