Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 16, 2018 12:31 PM

Nov 2017
Is there an anime that the girl is protecting the guy?
I haven't seen one before and I don't think it's a thing!

I would love to hear if it is.
If you are reading this I hope something good happens to you today! :3
Oct 16, 2018 12:33 PM

Aug 2016
Witchcraft Works I think. But yeah, you gotta dig deep to find that lol
Oct 16, 2018 12:33 PM

Feb 2018
Attack on Titan xd Eren would have died ages ago without Mikasa.
Oct 16, 2018 12:34 PM

Oct 2017
Isn't that the general plot of Mirai Nikki?

Oct 16, 2018 12:36 PM

Feb 2018
shakugan no shana loli protect weak retard mc
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Aug 2018
Black Lagoon maybe. Can't think of any other anime

May 2013
I don't recall if the guy was the main focus in the story but Maria the Virgin Witch (Junketsu no Maria) has something similar to that (with a strong female MC).

Perhaps try Kara no Kyoukai (Garden of Sinners) as well.
Truly a Divine Comedy
Oct 16, 2018 12:37 PM
Jul 2018
Qio420 said:

Off Topic

Your forum picture is goddammn awesome ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oct 16, 2018 12:38 PM

Jul 2017
claymore
hisone no maso-tan
black lagoon
Oct 16, 2018 12:38 PM

Jan 2018
So many.... Like Danmachi, Witch Craft Works, Shakugan no Shana.
Or you can check this

But my fave one is Witch Craft Works.

兵家
"Green how I want you green. Green wind. Green branches."
Oct 16, 2018 12:39 PM

Nov 2011
precure. its a series where girls gain superpowers and protect the people around them.
hugtto precure episode 19 is notable for its reversal of stereotypical roles.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Oct 16, 2018 12:40 PM

Jun 2017
Moribito? don't know if it counts?
Yona of the Dawn.
AOT.
Fate UBW although Emiya always saves the day.
Akame ga Kill.

Oct 16, 2018 12:41 PM

Sep 2013
yes there are a ton of series out there like that, girlpower bro!
Oct 16, 2018 12:42 PM
Apr 2017
i know of future diary, attack on titan, claymore, your lie in april, fate series
Oct 16, 2018 12:42 PM

Oct 2010
Sumomomo Momomo, the name is weird but mc is protected by girl because some assassins want to kill him. And then two other girls join the protecting stuff.
Oct 16, 2018 12:45 PM

Jan 2016
Seirei no Moribito definitely
Galaxy Express 999 kind of.
Oct 16, 2018 12:47 PM

Nov 2009
Hmatoki said:

It's a quite popular concept for the older battle harems. The kind with an ordinary guy who gets a bunch of powerful supernatural girlfriends who fight for him.
Like Omamori Himari. Or first season of Shakugan no Shana (the guy gets more powerful in later seasons).

Also, in magical girl shows the men involved in the story are likely to be people to be protected. For example, the MC's father in Soushin Shoujo Matoi.

Also, I would like to mention Spice and Wolf, which doesn't fall into any pattern, but when things get really bad, it's Horo who is a giant scary wolf.

Heimur said:
Isn't that the general plot of Mirai Nikki?

Denpa-teki na kanojo is also like that.
Oct 16, 2018 12:52 PM

Apr 2016
Strike the Blood ? No one ?

Come on people.
Oct 16, 2018 12:55 PM

Oct 2017
xShinigami3125 said:
Attack on Titan xd Eren would have died ages ago without Mikasa.

Correction he would have died ages ago had it not been for his Titan abilities.
Oct 16, 2018 12:55 PM
Jul 2015
Maburaho - everyone has limited number of magic power, but have enough for a lifetime expect one guy who has about 10 magic uses, every girl tries to protect him
Oct 16, 2018 1:20 PM

Aug 2016
FireballKnuckle said:
Black Lagoon maybe. Can't think of any other anime

TFW you point out Witchcraft Works and not the anime you have an avatar of...I'm doing an internal monologue that's just shrieks

Swagernator said:

Come on people.

Always thought the point of that show was that it was both of their fights or something lol
Oct 16, 2018 1:21 PM

Jan 2018
AoT/Shingeki no Kyojin season one.
Log Horizon
Sword Art Online season one
The Sacred Blacksmith
hazecloudOct 16, 2018 1:26 PM
Oct 16, 2018 1:36 PM

Nov 2013
Rosario + Vampire is the prime example. But the anime is terrible.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Oct 16, 2018 1:56 PM

Feb 2010
Seirei no Moribito is the first one to come to mind that has a clear 'protector' dynamic with a female taking that role.

Most of the stuff mentioned here doesn't really have that clear-cut protector dynamic imo but just strong females in general. For example, I don't see Rock as being protected by Revy, at all except maybe situationally, but it's not their dynamic. But well.
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 16, 2018 1:57 PM

May 2009
Hmatoki said:

I would love to hear if it is.
There's a bunch out there; just find a series that involves many characters with combat ability (e.g. fantasy setting, or sci-fi settings involving gunplay or mechs or other technology, or combat academy setting) and a mixed-gender cast of protags (or even a harem), and have the characters as a group face a strong enemy.

Off the top of my head, I'm pretty sure that happens multiple times in Absolute Duo, Black Bullet, Asterisk War, and others.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Oct 16, 2018 2:01 PM
Feb 2018
I was thinking, and I didn't have to do so very long. My favorite anime Clannad even has that. Tomoyo beats up entire gangs to protect "some delinquent" she likes. Mostly Tsunderes are types that do that stuff and I believe that is the entire idea of a Yandere, to protect a male MC.
Oct 16, 2018 2:03 PM

Feb 2018
Invidioso said:
Qio420 said:

Off Topic

Your forum picture is goddammn awesome ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

yay finally i got noticed!

bless you my child
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 16, 2018 2:11 PM

Apr 2018
Revy from Black Lagoon is sort of protective of the male MC, not from the beginning but eventually she does. Witch Craft works is another, Alderamin in the Sky where Yatori is overall protective but does look out for the Male MC. Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom, if I remember correctly the girl is sort of protective of a Male MC. Moribito, is about an older lady who is protective of a young male boy.

btw Love Com is one of the few romance shows that I like, next to chuunibyo of course
Oct 16, 2018 2:14 PM

Apr 2018
Somali_Strawhat said:

I'm a bit surprised that you didn't recommend Revy from BL as she becomes pretty protective of Rock.

nice pic of dutch tho. dudes a boss.
Oct 16, 2018 2:34 PM

Aug 2016
Lucky_To_Revy said:
Somali_Strawhat said:

I'm a bit surprised that you didn't recommend Revy from BL as she becomes pretty protective of Rock.

LMFAO yeah I'm just kicking myself in the nuts with that one. Revy's real MVP though. Pretty sure the second Dutch saw Ginji slice a bullet the last thing he'd do would be to try and start a fight witg him.
Oct 16, 2018 3:06 PM

Apr 2018
Somali_Strawhat said:
Lucky_To_Revy said:

LMFAO yeah I'm just kicking myself in the nuts with that one. Revy's real MVP though. Pretty sure the second Dutch saw Ginji slice a bullet the last thing he'd do would be to try and start a fight witg him.

lol all good. I don't remember dutch seeing Genji slice a bullet did he? If I remember the first time Genji did was during the pool fight scene, and then again when he fights Revy for real. I really liked when Rock got himself captured and Revy doops Shenhua and Leigharch to go back and rescue him. Damn might have to rewatch some BL again this weekend :p

your comment still deserves and upvote, like, whatever tho
Oct 16, 2018 3:12 PM
Jul 2017
Claymore and Black Lagoon come to mind. Mirai Nikki and Attack on Titan aren’t as recent to me but I think those shows have that element in them too. More so with Mirai Nikki.
Oct 16, 2018 3:13 PM

Aug 2016
Lucky_To_Revy said:
Somali_Strawhat said:

lol all good. I don't remember dutch seeing Genji slice a bullet did he? If I remember the first time Genji did was during the pool fight scene, and then again when he fights Revy for real. I really liked when Rock got himself captured and Revy doops Shenhua and Leigharch to go back and rescue him. Damn might have to rewatch some BL again this weekend :p

Lol my bad, meant to add an if in there as a hypithetical situation. Like Dutch would scream get in the car Benny or something like he usually does. And man, when Shenhua casually just drops that Leigharch is stuck at a mental hospital I couldn't stop laughing.

Probably gonna do a rewatch too for that matter. Black Lagoon is the best isekai. It takes the average japanese businessman, and takes him into the fictional world of A Team, John Woo, Peckinpah and Tarantino films.
Oct 16, 2018 3:28 PM

Apr 2018
Somali_Strawhat said:
Lucky_To_Revy said:

Lol my bad, meant to add an if in there as a hypithetical situation. Like Dutch would scream get in the car Benny or something like he usually does. And man, when Shenhua casually just drops that Leigharch is stuck at a mental hospital I couldn't stop laughing.

Probably gonna do a rewatch too for that matter. Black Lagoon is the best isekai. It takes the average japanese businessman, and takes him into the fictional world of A Team, John Woo, Peckinpah and Tarantino films.

ok I was thinking you were going with hypotheticals. Bruh I've watched both sub and dub and honestly I feel like the Dub is better. dub bias-ness asided I would recommend watching the dub at least once. The banter with Shenhua and Revy is just amazing. they really can get into verbal little cat fights lol

You're the first person who has said that BL has some Isekai, but that does kind of make sense. wow that honestly's a pretty good analogy or whatever.

I think that's why I love BL soo much. I love how the show comes off as a mashup of john woo and tarantino films. I also love all the little nods to other action and pop culture movies and shows, so things like Terminator, Law and order, even 80s B movies such as Ms. 45 who Eda is apparently loosely based off of. definitely a show I can go back to every so often and regularly enjoy.
Oct 16, 2018 3:30 PM
Jul 2018
Swagernator said:

Come on people.

I think the Person who Created this Thread Forgot to mention : NO TRASH PLEASE -^-
Oct 16, 2018 3:37 PM

Aug 2016
@Lucky_to_Revy

Yeah I've only seen it dubbed hahaha. Dub was so good that I tried watching one episode subbed and I just immediately switched back over. Haven't even seen the omakes yet because of how iconic the dubs were. Didn't know the Ms.45 reference for Eda but apparently Hiroe got Revy's tattoo inspiration from Seth Gecko (George Clooney) from Dusk Til Dawn.
Seriously Rei Hiroe is awesome
Oct 16, 2018 4:22 PM

Dec 2013
Blue Gender

For the first half or so anyway..
Oct 16, 2018 4:43 PM

Apr 2018
Somali_Strawhat said:
@Lucky_to_Revy

Yeah I've only seen it dubbed hahaha. Dub was so good that I tried watching one episode subbed and I just immediately switched back over. Haven't even seen the omakes yet because of how iconic the dubs were. Didn't know the Ms.45 reference for Eda but apparently Hiroe got Revy's tattoo inspiration from Seth Gecko (George Clooney) from Dusk Til Dawn.
Seriously Rei Hiroe is awesome

Good man! most people watch subs, which is fine, but when I come across people who enjoy BL about as much as I do I have to recommend the dub. pretty much all the VAs did an amazing job imo. Yea Ms. 45 is a B 80s movie. I watched it and it's pretty good for an old movie, but apparently Eda's nun get up is loosely based of the main girl in that movie. I suggest giving it a watch if you're into either 80s movies, or B movies lol

I did not now that's what her tattoo was from. awesome man damn. I learn more and from that show it seems. Rei did an amazing job. I think i've seen that he wrote a bit more volumes of BL or want's to or something? I'm still waiting to buy them if he has. i'd be open for a new OVA, Movie, or even season as long as keeps what makes that show so awesome. I also see you watched Golgo 13, another great show I liked. it felt like a james bond-ish kind of bad ass agent show. togo is one bad ass for sure.
Oct 16, 2018 4:44 PM

Sep 2018
Shakugan no Shauna does this until season 3.
Oct 18, 2018 2:02 PM

Nov 2017
So it was just me XD
Thanks, guys!!!!
Oct 18, 2018 10:58 PM

Jul 2017
Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka
Kyoukai no Kanata
Ookami to Koushinryou
Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu
Witch Craft Works

"Do you know why snow is white? 
Because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be." - C.C.

Oct 19, 2018 5:02 AM

Nov 2017
Fakegoose said:
Kyoukai no Kanata
Ookami to Koushinryou
Witch Craft Works

Are they all the main character??
Oct 19, 2018 9:06 AM

Jul 2017
Hmatoki said:
Fakegoose said:
Kyoukai no Kanata
Ookami to Koushinryou
Witch Craft Works

Are they all the main character??

In Kyoukai no Kanata the girl is the primary MC. In everything else the guy is.

"Do you know why snow is white? 
Because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be." - C.C.

More topics from this board

Poll: » So, is anime male or female?

Tirinchas - Yesterday

35 by Lucifrost »»
2 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

85 by Satyr_icon »»
13 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows?

EverRealm - Today

44 by Kruszer »»
14 minutes ago

» You truly don't care about anime MAL score/rank? Ooh cool, but... ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 21

94 by phantomic109 »»
16 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 3 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

121 by FFandMMfan »»
23 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.