Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'World Trigger' Resumes Serialization, Switches to Jump SQ. in December

New
Oct 14, 2018 8:16 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Editors of Shueisha's Weekly Shounen Jump announced on Sunday that Daisuke Ashihara's action sci-fi manga World Trigger will resume its serialization after nearly two years on hiatus.

World Trigger will resume in the 48th issue of the magazine, which goes on sale on October 29. Five chapters will be published until the 52nd issue on November 26. The manga will then switch to the monthly Jump SQ. magazine, beginning with January 2019 issue on December 4. The 19th compiled volume of the series will also be released the same day.

Ashihara launched World Trigger in Weekly Shounen Jump in February 2013, which currently has over 3.5 million copies of its volumes in print. Shueisha published the 18th volume last March. An anime adaptation by Toei Animation began airing in Fall 2014. It was originally listed for 50 episodes, but was later extended to 73 episodes. Toei subsequently produced an English dub with Canada-based company Ocean Production in July 2015.

VIZ Media publishes the series in its digital Weekly Shounen Jump simultaneously with the Japanese release and shipped the 18th volume this past January.

Source: Comic Natalie

Oct 14, 2018 8:24 PM

Mar 2015
i am ready baby! give me those delicious trion!!!
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Oct 14, 2018 8:34 PM

Sep 2011
THIS TIMELINE ISNT THE WORST TIMELINE!!!!!!

overwhelmingly happy we will get more, and hopefully, the transition to monthly is less taxing on the poor author.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 14, 2018 8:57 PM

Aug 2015
Finally

Still,the question is, that can the manga regain it's popularity which it has somewhat lost due to these 2 years hiatsu?afterall it's not as huge as HxH or berserk, that the people flock to it no matter for how long the series remains at hiatsu.

Also it looks like that it will turn into a monthly series as it's going to to transferred to jump square
Oct 14, 2018 10:03 PM

Jun 2011
Glad to see it back, though not stoke about the monthly release schedule, I've even dropped or have Shingeki no Kyojin on hold indefinitely because of the monthly release.. More importantly, hope the mangaka is getting healthier now. It really does suck to have your body fails you just when your manga is gaining popularity.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 14, 2018 10:39 PM
Apr 2014
I'm so happy this is finally back. This is my favorite series after FMA (yes, it's above HxH to me).

ToG25thBaam said:
Glad to see it back, though not stoke about the monthly release schedule, I've even dropped or have Shingeki no Kyojin on hold indefinitely because of the monthly release.. More importantly, hope the mangaka is getting healthier now. It really does suck to have your body fails you just when your manga is gaining popularity.

Disagree. As a monthly series there's less chance there'll be another hiatus due to the author's health, and even if there is at least we'll have longer chapters. I think it's worth the longer wait for new chapters. If you don't want to read a monthly manga just because of the longer wait, honestly, you're really lazy. I think Hunter x Hunter should move to Jump Square too, it could even be good for the series since it's very text-heavy.

Besides, there'll be a celebratory animation project and I'm hoping it's a movie.
Oct 14, 2018 10:48 PM

Jan 2016
Out of topic, is it worth watching?
Oct 14, 2018 10:50 PM

Jun 2011
juandmarco said:
Disagree. As a monthly series there's less chance there'll be another hiatus due to the author's health, and even if there is at least we'll have longer chapters. I think it's worth the longer wait for new chapters. If you don't want to read a monthly manga just because of the longer wait, honestly, you're really lazy. I think Hunter x Hunter should move to Jump Square too, it could even be good for the series since it's very text-heavy.
I too think that HxH should just move to a monthly release magazine. Nothing to disagree with my post though, I just think waiting for a manga chapter every month, you tend to forget a lot of stuffs and even forget to read it all together. If you rationalize it, you only get 12 chapters a year, at best, at around 30-40 pages per chapter. At best you get half a year worth of weekly released chapters in a year of monthly release. That's a long time to wait for a long running shounen like World Trigger and Hunter x Hunter.

Skip Beat is a shoujo I read once every 4 years because it's released on a monthly basis and I still don't think it's close to ending for another 10 years.

P.S. It's not that I won't read it, it's just that I won't follow the series as it's still on going, unlike weekly releases like One Piece, Noblesse, Tower of God etc. You leave Tower of God alone for a year, you get an arc worth of chapters to binge; You leave Skip Beat alone for a year, you get probably 1/3 arc worth of chapters to read.

P.P.S. But of course that's only if the mangaka's health would allow it, in HxH and WT case, it's definitely better to have a chapter released every month than risk getting more health problems.

Detective1412 said:
Soundtrack is decent, first opening theme is great. Story is pretty good as well as the characters, but animation looks terrible (Toei) and there's a lot of padding or awkward pause somewhere in the episode due to the anime being poorly planned out. There's also some fillers in it. If you like shounen, I would say go for it. I personally like it better than Black Clover and MHA. Maybe reading it would be a better choice though

edit: anime sample: (lol)
ToG25thBaamOct 14, 2018 10:57 PM
Oct 14, 2018 11:00 PM

Jan 2016
ToG25thBaam said:

Detective1412 said:
Soundtrack is decent, first opening theme is great. Story is pretty good as well as the characters, but animation looks terrible (Toei) and there's a lot of padding or awkward pause somewhere in the episode due to the anime being poorly planned out. There's also some fillers in it. If you like shounen, I would say go for it. I personally like it better than Black Clover and MHA. Maybe reading it would be a better choice though

edit: anime sample: (lol)

Oh thanks. And that video...lol at least it better than Asta's scream
Oct 15, 2018 4:55 AM

Jan 2011
Finally its back almost 2 years on hiatus
Oct 15, 2018 5:31 AM

Mar 2016
That's good news to hear, hopefully moving to monthly releases won't stress his body so much.
Oct 15, 2018 5:47 AM

Sep 2011
Even the anime will return, blessed timeline.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Anime_W_Trigger/status/1051644334594916352

Even if its not an ideal adaption it still greatly helps the series popularity especially since it seemed like they originally intended it to be a longrunner before the hiatus.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 15, 2018 6:39 AM

Nov 2013
Detective1412 said:
Reading the manga will likely take you less time and effort than watching the anime. The voice acting helps in the anime tho and... That's about it.
Oct 15, 2018 7:20 AM
Aug 2015
Finally!! Hopefully the anime will make a come back too.. I miss seeing Kuga in action :"
Oct 15, 2018 7:47 AM

Aug 2015
Good.... finally can get a new chapter...
WT is without a doubt better than BNHA.
Oct 15, 2018 10:59 AM

Apr 2011
This is fantastic news. I was really hoping this was not gonna be one of those unfortunate situations where the hiatus remained indefinite.
Oct 15, 2018 5:46 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Less stress on Ashihara to switch over to monthly. Good for the entire fandom of course.
Oct 15, 2018 6:15 PM

Jul 2016
Good news its coming back. I read the manga and its good. I hope the author is ok.

Oct 15, 2018 8:55 PM

Feb 2008
This is fantastic news.
Oct 15, 2018 11:13 PM

Mar 2013
\o/ Yesss! I'm super happy its coming back!
Glad the author has recovered enough to continue; but I hope he takes his time, and has breaks, if his health still isn't the best.
KilikcliaOct 15, 2018 11:21 PM
Oct 20, 2018 8:18 AM

May 2016
Awesome. I think longer monthly chapters will make the story flow better......
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Oct 20, 2018 11:56 AM

Oct 2013
ToG25thBaam said:

Maybe following the anime make more sense? Since there is 3 seasons for snk currently.
Oct 20, 2018 12:24 PM

Nov 2013
keragamming said:
ToG25thBaam said:

Maybe following the anime make more sense? Since there is 3 seasons for snk currently.
Pretty sure anyone who followed the manga at any point already watch the anime.

Unrelated but surprised to see you in this thread of all places tho.
Oct 20, 2018 4:27 PM

Oct 2013
Botato said:
keragamming said:

Pretty sure anyone who followed the manga at any point already watch the anime.

Unrelated but surprised to see you in this thread of all places tho.

True, normally I wouldn't, since I've never watch the series before, but I was aware of its long hiatus, and was just a bit curious on what persons think of its resumption.
Oct 21, 2018 4:20 AM

Jul 2017
This is really great news! I've been looking forward to this.

Just in time since I've just started rereading the series. Same thing happened when I reread Noragami this year, suddenly serialization continued. Which manga on hiatus should I read next? Lol
Those who can't do what they have to when the time comes for action will find their presence fading in our classroom. An assassin who neglects to sharpen his blade is no assassin at all. He's just a boastful brat swinging around a rusty sword.
Oct 21, 2018 7:38 AM

Jun 2011
keragamming said:
ToG25thBaam said:

definitely make more sense but the anime doesn't run every week longer than 2 cours at a time too. It's like getting Toaru Majutsu no Index season 3 after a couple of years and you don't remember what happened in previous seasons.
Oct 21, 2018 11:32 PM

Nov 2007
New Anime Visual to commemorate resume serialization, there's also staff and cast appearing for the screening events (of old eps.) to JizzyHitler mentioned.
https://moca-news.net/article/20181022/2018102212000b_/01/
tsubasaloverOct 22, 2018 1:14 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 22, 2018 4:57 AM

Apr 2014
Omg I almost can’t believe it, FINALLY I feel like it’s been a life time...
Oct 28, 2018 7:43 PM

Nov 2007
Resumed today
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/305644
Dec 3, 2018 7:06 AM

Nov 2007
Switched to Jump SQ today
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/310597
May 29, 2019 3:19 AM

Nov 2007
Mangaka took a break (hospitalized) on July issue releasing June 4. There is a chapter on August issue.
https://twitter.com/W_Trigger_off/status/1133304920499556352
May 29, 2019 10:06 AM

Sep 2011
tsubasalover said:
Mangaka took a break (hospitalized) on July issue releasing June 4. There is a chapter on August issue.
https://twitter.com/W_Trigger_off/status/1133304920499556352
oh so we are getting a chapter this month but not one next month?

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

May 29, 2019 10:46 AM

Nov 2007
@JizzyHitler Not on the one releasing on June (July issue), but will be getting one releasing in July (August issue). The tweet says that the mangaka is already out means he is working on the one for July release (not have time to work on for the one releasing June / July issue).

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

61 by M-T_S »»
11 minutes ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
3 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 6 hours ago

1 by deg »»
4 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.