Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 14, 2018 5:02 PM

Jul 2010
BeautifulVenus said:
They should just call it season 4 instead of season 3 part 2 since they are airing it far apart from each other.

That's what I'm doing regardless of the official name.
a knife and a fork
Oct 14, 2018 5:20 PM
Nov 2017
dissappointed?
I don't think so
Next one, action packed, Yh...what we expected....good animation...is what we need
It's worth the wait only if they can make it better than season 1
Every part dipicted in the manga.. Every scene was dope
We don't want a situation where by pple admire the manga better than the anime
Besides the whole truth from the other side beyond the island will be revealed
Wix studio have that much time to make the animation a pop out kind more outstanding than the previous,
Every studio always have an outstanding work they can take pride in, and this is.....
It's not some cheap piece
It's their masterpiece
Oct 14, 2018 5:21 PM

Jun 2014
Literally Season 4. Theyre only calling it Season 3 because they promised two cours. But it dont work that way. A split cour means separate seasons. Shokugeki no Souma, Im looking at you too.

And this better be because theyre spending all the extra time to make high quality animation. Because if theyre stalling Attack on Titan just so they can work on their stupid Attack on Trains movie, ill lose my shit ffs.
Oct 14, 2018 5:55 PM

Nov 2011
The disappointment of having to wait for a few months or having another entry? This isn't something new on MAL. Several shows like Tokyo Ghoul, Golden Kamuy, etc have entries like this. Hell, I remember far as back in 2011-2012 when Fate/Zero and Jormungand got seperate entries.

To be quite honest, I'm glad the show is taking a break (I wish it was just 3 months instead of 6 though) It will have time for a more polished season without technical problems. I would also probably say Wit Studio planned this from the very start so it was inevitable. This also makes me wonder when Vinland Saga will air eventually as it was announced as a 2019 title.

As for the season's name, we'll likely find out more later this year or the next. (I'm guessing before the end of the year).
Oct 14, 2018 6:13 PM

Dec 2015
Nah not really, I'd rather have a well made story (aka this season) than a rushed piece of crap. The next part consists of lots of battle scenes, and I for one, would hate to see that in 3D.
Oct 14, 2018 6:39 PM

Jul 2013
Eh it's a bit sad but at least we are getting more episodes and we don't have to wait 3 years like we did back with season 2, so I can't complain 👀
Oct 14, 2018 6:46 PM

Oct 2017
I'm glad they took a break, since now they have more time on their hands. And pretty sure people like you would be complaining about the animation, if it had continued. So, it's all good.
Oct 14, 2018 7:31 PM

Nov 2017
Snaita said:
Isn't the pace too fast in part 1? Do you think that part 2 won't catch up to it?

No, its not. This season pacing i think was overview especially by Ishiyama(hope i typed it right). Since he said in a couple of articles that he was not satisfied with how the manga went that time. He was in some state of depression ot whatnot. As for catching up i dont know how well that will play in the second cour? I was hoping that we will get all 24 or so episodes this season, but oh well the studio or committie or whatever the fuck it was decides to leave us with finger in the mouth.

HisokaxMeruem said:
36 chapters isnt much for a shounen show tbh, i thought it would be like 50-70+

I wrote 36 episodes, not chapters!!!
Oct 14, 2018 7:39 PM

Dec 2015
RoseVue said:
xShinigami3125 said:
Does anyone know why they split the show like this ?
The next arc is my favorite from the manga so I was really looking forward to this.

Most likely planned from the very start by the production committee.

If it was planned from the very start, they shouldn’t have announced that they’d go on hiatus on the day the last episode aired. Kind of a dick move. “Hey everyone, we know you’re enjoying our anime and episode 12 JUST aired...but you’ll have to wait another 6 months for episode 13. Yay! Isn’t that exciting?” Seems more like an emergency hiatus to me. If this was planned from the start, then it was a douche thing to do; however, if it was an emergency hiatus or something similar then I hope they get whatever it is figured out.
Oct 14, 2018 7:47 PM

Jul 2016
For the sake of better production, I'll gladly wait. At least its not 4 years.
Oct 14, 2018 7:48 PM

Jan 2018
Snaita said:
iliyanski89 said:

Dude, the source material is like 36 episodes ahead. Go and read the manga if you haven't. Its not about the quality.

Isn't the pace too fast in part 1? Do you think that part 2 won't catch up to it?
I don't think so. The pacing will slow down, like when they adapted the female titan arc. Considering that this arc is action heavy, so in terms of animation, it takes more time in screen. You also have to consider that this arc is have a lot manga chapters that tries to explaing what every important character is doing the battle.

The source material is at least one season of 12 episodes ahead, because of how they adapted it,

A digital frontier to reshape the human condition.
Oct 14, 2018 7:59 PM

Sep 2018
Why?????
I was so looking forward to it 😭😭😭
Now i just hope they buff up the animation and get a better op theme
Oct 14, 2018 8:40 PM

Jan 2016
I think they don't want the anime catch up the manga.
Oct 14, 2018 9:40 PM

Aug 2011
Inorichi said:

SAO has gotten a 4 cour season 3 with probably the highest quality animation, I've ever seen in anime.

If SAO has the highest quality animation you've ever seen you should probably go watch something from KyoAni or P.A. Works and have your mind blown.
Oct 14, 2018 9:53 PM

Feb 2018
i feel u bro someone said what if it is a split cour and i was like nahhh

it happened and im just dead inside

what a fucking whack last episode too ....fuck i cant wait this long
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 14, 2018 9:56 PM

Apr 2018
joe_g7 said:
You shouldn't be disappointed. It's already amazing that they released such a well-animated season only a year after Season 2 ended. It would be too much to ask for 24 episodes. It's better for the show to take the time it needs.

^I absolutely agree.
Oct 14, 2018 10:05 PM

Apr 2012
Disappointed? I'm not.
They should take their time to make it right. Look at Overlord did; they tried to put out as much episodes in such a short time the quality suffered it became a joke. At least we know that there's a guaranteed season coming compared to all the other animes out there that are on a indefinite hiatus that mostly never get a sequel.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Oct 14, 2018 10:30 PM

Oct 2018
I'm dissapointed that so many don't realize why there's a break
I'm not even a manga reader, but I know Beast Titan arc is the most action filed and the most important part of Attack on Titan
They need time to make the quality of it the the best possible
I'm sad too, but I know this break is for the greater good
Oct 14, 2018 10:43 PM

Oct 2015
its legit fascinating
that only AOT came give this kind of overreaction, and making such a big deal of a common practice in the anime industry

and No, if we are talking about pacing, legit the amt of chaps aot has left is fcking nothing, especially when most if not all manga, are basically required to have 10 ish chapters not adapted(unless it finish publishing gintama or fmab style)
so unless you guys rather they slow thing down with recap and OP style adapting
just fcking wait
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Oct 14, 2018 11:18 PM
Oct 2017
I think this season has same situation over last season(s2) so the problem of the last season is lack of budget and animator, if they did (Wit Studio) as previous season because quantity. I little bit disappointed of another delayed
Oct 14, 2018 11:48 PM

Aug 2012
I rather have them take their time on this arc.
Oct 15, 2018 12:00 AM

Jun 2015
iliyanski89 said:
KurumiNightmare said:
Most likely to make sure the quality stays the best as possible and perhaps so that they dont catch up to the source material to quickly and can instead keep making more seasons without worrying.

Dude, the source material is like 36 episodes ahead. Go and read the manga if you haven't. Its not about the quality.

It's probably about the money. Making people wait means more merchandise to sell and more sponsorship opportunities.

I'm disappointed things turned out like this. They should have just included this cour as part of Season 2 and then the next cour could be Season 3. Perhaps S3 could have then been a series of OVAs.
Oct 15, 2018 12:03 AM

Apr 2013
Hey, there's no helping it if they wouldn't have finished it with the same quality they are keeping up for so long now. Better have another great season than a rushed mess, especially since the next arc will probably blow my mind.

It would've been cool if this continued next week, but a 6 month wait is really not that long. I survived the time between season 1 and 2 as well ^^
Oct 15, 2018 12:19 AM

Jun 2016
OP very ungrateful...

pray for season 4 announce after this season
pray for this series will be a good end
pray for the creator of this story to still active and well being
pray for anything...

Oct 15, 2018 4:06 AM
Apr 2014
People's conspiracies in this thread are insane, do any of you understand how anime production works?

It's called S3 Part 2 because surprise, it's the second half of the current production. The team that worked on the first and second seasons are not the same team that worked here - very similar, but there was a gap between them. While you will have to wait, for the animators there is no gap in the production schedule between episode 12 and 13. If anything I'd wish MAL stuck to the way the older series are catalogued here and kept both parts as the same entry with a gap between the airing dates of the episodes ala Cardcaptor Sakura.

Hylianticipated said:

If it was planned from the very start, they shouldn’t have announced that they’d go on hiatus on the day the last episode aired. Kind of a dick move. “Hey everyone, we know you’re enjoying our anime and episode 12 JUST aired...but you’ll have to wait another 6 months for episode 13. Yay! Isn’t that exciting?” Seems more like an emergency hiatus to me. If this was planned from the start, then it was a douche thing to do; however, if it was an emergency hiatus or something similar then I hope they get whatever it is figured out.

A few weeks before the show aired they said it would be a 24 episode season, but did not specify 2-cour or split. In less than a month reports were already coming out that it was extremely likely that it would be split, so we've known since August that this would be happening. Just because you're ignorant and haven't paid attention doesn't mean it's any of the animators' faults - and judging from the fact that there were so many of them working on the last two episodes I'd say it was down to the wire for these last two, which makes sense considering how high quality the last two seasons have been animation-wise and how much action will be in the next arc.

Inorichi said:

MHA is moving out with season 4 with longer seasons.

Like come on, AOT, getting shorter and the quality is going down.

BnHA has a constant production staff working practically year round, since being in prime time it gets renewed based on ratings (that are excellent) rather than BD and streaming figures like SnK does. That a third season was announced so quickly is nigh-unprecedented.
Oct 15, 2018 4:25 AM

Jun 2012
mitch3315 said:
Inorichi said:

SAO has gotten a 4 cour season 3 with probably the highest quality animation, I've ever seen in anime.

If SAO has the highest quality animation you've ever seen you should probably go watch something from KyoAni or P.A. Works and have your mind blown.

Well that is not a fair comparation, KyoAni doesn't usually do anime heavy on battle scenes. If they do a action Anime it isn't more than 1 cour too, like Kyoukai no Kanata for example, SAO on the other hand is always a 2 cour anime and for something of that length it's pretty good and consistent animation, those studios couldn't keep up if they got ordered more than 20 episodes.
P.A. Works is the same too, but you are right, they still both do some beautiful animation for a 1 cour anime.
SnaitaOct 15, 2018 4:29 AM
Oct 15, 2018 5:56 AM

Mar 2018
I haven't watched season 2 yet, I've read the manga though so I know what happens. But I was still excited to watch it, so when I saw 'Part 2" I was confused. Then I go over to season 3 and see 'Finished Airing'.. I was pretty disappointed because I thought we were getting 25 episodes. I know they have legitimate reasons to split it up but I'm still bummed over it.
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me.
Oct 15, 2018 5:58 AM
Oct 2018
KurumiNightmare said:
Most likely to make sure the quality stays the best as possible and perhaps so that they dont catch up to the source material to quickly and can instead keep making more seasons without worrying.
Yeah looks like that way because they had already animated the entire third season and even beyond.
Oct 15, 2018 6:08 AM
Oct 2017
The Season 3 1st cour also got another episode's delayed in the middle of the show because typhoon, I think arc filler will be good idea to fill between this gap like other loooonnng story anime for example... naruto
Oct 15, 2018 6:16 AM

Jun 2016
How can you be disappointed? They had already make SnK as good as the manga adaptation, they make high quality animation. If the animation is as good as part 1 i wouldnot disappointed to wait for 6 months, or rather have you seen Overlord 3?
Oct 15, 2018 6:25 AM

May 2017
If they have 6 months to make the remaining episodes there's no reason for there to be anymore CGI. CGI ruined that entire scene with Rod Reiss and they use it too much whenever the scouts are on horses.

If we're being honest there is almost never a good CGI scene in any anime.

Kuroshiro Ahegao #3542

Oct 15, 2018 6:28 AM

Apr 2013
gea4 said:
The Season 3 1st cour also got another episode's delayed in the middle of the show because typhoon, I think arc filler will be good idea to fill between this gap like other loooonnng story anime for example... naruto

Please no, filler arcs won't work at all for a tight story like SnK. There basically is no time for something like that and it would only derail the plot.
Oct 15, 2018 6:42 AM

May 2015
6 months is less than 4 years, so I'm ok with it. I like building anticipation for things anyway.

Oct 15, 2018 7:09 AM

Feb 2018
Am a bit disappointed as I was enjoying the season, hopefully it comes out soon with better quality animation
Oct 15, 2018 7:09 AM

Oct 2017
Is this "break" going to improve the quality of the next arc? Yes, indeed. Nevertheless it is still a failure of schedule. I was always hesitating why they never confirmed the length of this season. Now is clear, not even the production team knew if they were gonna make it.

I don't understand it. This is Shingeki, one of the most popular anime ever. I can't comprehend why they can't keep doing the show with the same amount of effort and time the first season had. This series don't deserve such average quality and poor planning.
Oct 15, 2018 7:51 AM

May 2018
Y-White said:

Let's be real, it's not that the use of CGI in a scene is bad, for people like you all CGI is bad.
Oct 15, 2018 7:52 AM

May 2015
Hylianticipated said:
RoseVue said:

It can't be helped if they want to do a split cour. WIT was doing whatever they can to stick with production deadlines -- even if it means to hire extra help. Hardly anyone on MAL or anywhere is aware of the staff in every episode. Take a look at the first ep of S3 credits for animation directors (AD) -- there is only 3 ADs listed compared to the final episode of S3/part 1 listed a whopping 15 AD and 50+ key animators. Animation directors are responsible for supervision in quality and consistency of animation -- they usually revise cuts from key animators. You typically see 3-5 AD listed in the credits of a single episode. Trying to quality check every single cut from 50 different artists sounds like an absolute nightmare.

Attack on Titan was not the only anime that barely made their deadlines. Revue Starlight was grandiose in animation last season, it also had production issues. Revue storyboards from Koike (I believe that was the key animators name) were highly intricate and complicated for the rest of the staff to keep up. The staff on social media were terrified that they would have to cancel the entire anime (mind you this is 12 episodes). They still pulled through with 11 ADs and over 30 key animators by the final episode. Shit happens.

Im hoping they are able to properly allocate the talent and resources for the next cour/part. Its action heavy and will get batshit crazy.
Oct 15, 2018 8:00 AM

Dec 2012
Axemable said:
Is this "break" going to improve the quality of the next arc? Yes, indeed. Nevertheless it is still a failure of schedule. I was always hesitating why they never confirmed the length of this season. Now is clear, not even the production team knew if they were gonna make it.

I don't understand it. This is Shingeki, one of the most popular anime ever. I can't comprehend why they can't keep doing the show with the same amount of effort and time the first season had. This series don't deserve such average quality and poor planning.

These are exactly my thoughts.

A lot of people aren't disappointed that we get the new part/season in 6 months. If they had announced "See you in 6 months for season 4!" people would be thrilled. Instead the problem is that most people were already sure it would have 20+ episodes. Then a few weeks ago it was known that we would have at least a 3 week break (and that was only because SNK wasn't listed in the program anymore afaik and there was no official announcement) and the rumors about split-cour came up. But we knew nothing for sure. It literally took until the release of the last episode to know that there would be a break. And then they hit us with a 6 month break instead of a 3 month break. It's a lot of frustration.
Of course we can hope that means the quality will be top tier, but people can still be incredibly disappointed at the same time by the lack of information and sudden break.

And I completely agree with the second part as well. SNK is so popular and famous. It's such an incredible success and still, here we are with long waiting times even though source material is available and a bad communication strategy. You would think they would try to push their flagship as much as possible, but sometimes it just doesn't feel like it.
Oct 15, 2018 8:06 AM

May 2015
Y-White said:

I can see why youre upset with CGI. If not used properly, it looks jarring. If you have a competent director and staff, CGI can look fantastic. I will always praise Takahiko Kyogoku because he knows how to utilize space and camera in CGI. He demonstrated it in Love Live peeformances and blew it out of the water with Houseki no Kuni.
Oct 15, 2018 8:19 AM

Oct 2018
tzarye14 said:
Well... the recent number of staff members didn't look good from a production standpoint but damm. Couldn't they see that they had this problem and delay the whole season? Or at least the first cour til this Winter? Now they give a 6 month time between parts? WTF? This only makes them look greedy because they thought they could do S2 and S3 with a 1 year difference. They couldn't so they change the designs and now they break this in two. If they are giving it such long break better not use any CG in the next arc or everyone is gonna get disappointed.
Well, the production commitee want to keep interest on the franchise high, so they force the studios to churn out seasons in a short time. Trends come and go after all. I mean, the four years wait between Season 1 and 2 really hurt the sales of the show. They obviously don't want to see the sales pummel even further. Further delays are no options for them, they couldn't care less about the show's quality and the staff's health. There is also the thing that studio Wit's animation producer George Wada is a piece of shit. In a lot of interviews he talks about studio Wit's staff like they are his slaves.

On that note, six months are still not enough to ensure a stable production, especially with Wit's upcoming Vinland Saga in mind.
Oct 15, 2018 10:01 AM

Mar 2018
Yeah, disappointed af. It's more devastating because they announced it as 25 episodes at first. As a manga reader, I've been waiting the upcoming arc while watching the current arc willy-nilly. And I've been telling my friend who didn't read manga, "Just you wait, the upcoming arc'll blow your mind etc." Now I look like a retard who's showing off his manga knowledge. 6 months is too long ffs.

Sigh... first Persona 5 and now this. They'd better come up with best action scenes ever and a blood-pumping OP from Linked Horizon like in previous seasons.

Oct 15, 2018 10:11 AM
May 2018
What is the current chapter the show is on?
Oct 15, 2018 10:15 AM

Apr 2018
I just caught up with the manga recently and was really excited to watch the next arc. Now I have to wait for six months for the next episode.
Oct 15, 2018 11:24 AM

Dec 2015
Well damn, this is indeed disappointing. I wanted to see the next arc so badly. But I guess it's not a big deal waiting 6 months.
Oct 15, 2018 1:54 PM
Mar 2015
I'm fine with it as long as the animation is god-tier like.
Oct 15, 2018 3:35 PM

Aug 2012
gea4 said:
Hell no this is even worse. Rather have a break than that.
Oct 15, 2018 3:36 PM

Aug 2012
Noobusy said:
What is the current chapter the show is on?
Season 3 ended on Chapter 72
Oct 15, 2018 4:32 PM

Apr 2012
After reading almost everyone's post you guys need to take a deep breath and realize that most of you here are complaining about semantics. Like really you guys are unbelievable it's laughable. FFS Who cares whether it's season 3 or 4, you're still getting a continuation of the series and that's what really matters.
Also those who can't wait should should just check your instant gratification mentality at the door because if the studio does a piss poor job because you can't wait then you'll all be back here bitching about the animation and quality.

Find something better to do to pass the time.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Oct 16, 2018 6:28 AM
May 2018
It’s just that they had some problems and that’s why they took 6 month break
Oct 16, 2018 1:43 PM

Dec 2015
RoseVue said:
Hylianticipated said:

It can't be helped if they want to do a split cour. WIT was doing whatever they can to stick with production deadlines -- even if it means to hire extra help. Hardly anyone on MAL or anywhere is aware of the staff in every episode. Take a look at the first ep of S3 credits for animation directors (AD) -- there is only 3 ADs listed compared to the final episode of S3/part 1 listed a whopping 15 AD and 50+ key animators. Animation directors are responsible for supervision in quality and consistency of animation -- they usually revise cuts from key animators. You typically see 3-5 AD listed in the credits of a single episode. Trying to quality check every single cut from 50 different artists sounds like an absolute nightmare.

Attack on Titan was not the only anime that barely made their deadlines. Revue Starlight was grandiose in animation last season, it also had production issues. Revue storyboards from Koike (I believe that was the key animators name) were highly intricate and complicated for the rest of the staff to keep up. The staff on social media were terrified that they would have to cancel the entire anime (mind you this is 12 episodes). They still pulled through with 11 ADs and over 30 key animators by the final episode. Shit happens.

Im hoping they are able to properly allocate the talent and resources for the next cour/part. Its action heavy and will get batshit crazy.

I can understand that, and that's fine. But if they were struggling so much for so long you'd think they would have said something sooner, that's my only gripe. I don't mind waiting and I can understand getting everything in order, I'm just saying that suddenly getting an official announcement like that on the day of the last episode is just disappointing; and if it was decided last minute as an emergency I get that too.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

801 by mapachefffff »»
Apr 4, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.