Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 11, 2018 1:14 AM

Feb 2012
The chemistry between Mai and Sakuta was fantastic. I really enjoyed their back and forth. The new girl we briefly saw this episode seemed interesting too. I can't believe Sakuta actually kicked her ass.
Oct 11, 2018 1:30 AM
Jan 2018
Abusaeed said:
joe_g7 said:
Boy, is their relationship moving at lightning speed. I'm not sure if that's because Bunny-senpai wants to make a connection hoping that this way she'll be harder to forget or if Sakuta is just a smooth af mofo.

I think it's just bad pacing

well there are time skips and its probably intentional

May 6th - The first meeting

May 20th - Grocery shopping time

May 25th - The date

and they probably spent a lot of time together in that time period after all hes the only one that could see her most of the time. plus i could be to the reason that she could or will as shown on May 29th that she will eventually vanish from him as well .
Oct 11, 2018 1:59 AM

Jul 2017
ItsJustColton said:
Paul said:
The interactions between the two are the best aspect of the show. Two constantly taking jabs and teasing each other is great.

While I'm sure her circumstance adds to it, I'm slightly bothered by how vague it is. Hopefully it's thoroughly explained by, or preferably before, the end.

I agree. I think this adolescence syndrome will be the weakest part of the show. I mean, the implication based on what we've been shown is that this syndrome can cause physical injuries, erase people from existence, and also goes undetected by literally everyone except the MC.

Personally, I dont mind the sci-fi, junk science, plot hole filler that is "adolescence syndrome" and would not mind an explanation, but... i dont think this show could or should answer that question. The answer would either be disappointing, tonally off, or a plot twist so insane, people would start calling it a Trigger show.

I would be fine if instead of an answer, we get a, "our heroes beat the wiley pyschological phenomenon at its own game and as a reward, it leaves our heroes alone" sort of thing. Kind of what Your Name did.

It's one of those supernatural shows in which this supernatural gimmick is just a plot device.
Oct 11, 2018 2:04 AM

Jul 2017
also why doesn't she try punching someone in face to see whether they notice her
Oct 11, 2018 2:10 AM
Sep 2014
It's been a while since i enjoyed an episode this much.
Oct 11, 2018 3:20 AM
Aug 2018
This episode was actually so good! Glad the direction the show is moving in and how it won't just be a season of will they won't they. Plenty of hidden comments throughout the episode seems like this season will be a great one!
Oct 11, 2018 3:27 AM
Jul 2018
I really think this is going to be a great romance. It already has 75,000 members and a 8.01 score. I think this is going to be damn good.
Oct 11, 2018 3:41 AM
Sep 2018
I can't enjoy this as it reminds me of Monogatari too much, but it lacks any of the unique art direction that made Monogatari stand out. The character interactions lack that something that I found engaging in Monogatari. The soundtracks worse as well. It's good enough by its own merits but lacks anything, so far, that makes me not just wanna re-watch Monogatari.
Oct 11, 2018 4:17 AM
Jul 2018
I love how the male protagonist is cool and calm and not a fucking idiot. Nice chemistry between them as well the romance is pretty neat. Hoping to see more of Mai in a bunny girl outfit because she's so fucking thicc.
Oct 11, 2018 5:25 AM

Dec 2013
I feel bad for Mai. Of even her horrible mother recognises her!
Oct 11, 2018 5:40 AM

Feb 2012
OH boi, they need to get married already, best ship of the season.
Oct 11, 2018 5:43 AM
May 2016
Ahhh damn .. can't wait to watch the next episode .
Romance in this episode was just too amusing ,both of them just teasing each other having straightforward conversations yet caring about each other ahhh too nice.
Oct 11, 2018 5:46 AM
May 2016
DumpsterKing said:
I can't enjoy this as it reminds me of Monogatari too much, but it lacks any of the unique art direction that made Monogatari stand out. The character interactions lack that something that I found engaging in Monogatari. The soundtracks worse as well. It's good enough by its own merits but lacks anything, so far, that makes me not just wanna re-watch Monogatari.

Totally I think it's because they want to fit 5 volumes in just 13 episodes and they discarded the dialogues which would have improved the character interaction.
Tho it's pretty good and amusing on it's own it still is a little bit short compared to monogatari
Oct 11, 2018 5:55 AM

Mar 2018
This episode was surprisingly good, love Sakuta and Mai together
Things are escalating quickly, can't wait for next episode
Oct 11, 2018 6:10 AM
Sep 2018
justuday said:
DumpsterKing said:

Totally I think it's because they want to fit 5 volumes in just 13 episodes and they discarded the dialogues which would have improved the character interaction.
Tho it's pretty good and amusing on it's own it still is a little bit short compared to monogatari

It's also a bit too down to earth for me. Like it doesn't feel 'supernatural'.
Oct 11, 2018 6:12 AM

Jul 2017
DumpsterKing said:
justuday said:

It's also a bit too down to earth for me. Like it doesn't feel 'supernatural'.

Yeah when they spoke of this "puberty syndrome" first it gave the feeling that it's something normal that happens to everyone
Oct 11, 2018 6:26 AM

Nov 2017
Bakaaaa!!
The next your waifu is sakurajima mai
NdudOct 11, 2018 6:30 AM

Oct 11, 2018 6:38 AM
Jun 2017
i just love this sakuta and Mai pair... i mean i love how their friendship is working and of course Mai is lucky to have sakuta always at her side and helping her..

and now I am more interested in this one as people outside of their school doesnt even know her, even her mother but her presence is still there and being seen by Sakuta and her schoolmates... hmmm? why and how is that possbile?... i really love these type of series... hahaha

till next time..

Oct 11, 2018 6:43 AM

Nov 2013
The show makes less and less sense as I go on... And this new girl Tomoe is straight up cringe, who goes up to someone they don’t know and calls them a pedophile for no good reason?

And it’s great to see they have so much chemistry after one episode lol very believable.

Hopefully the show saves itself in future episodes. So far, I’m not impressed.
BlareyOct 11, 2018 6:55 AM
Oct 11, 2018 7:18 AM

Apr 2015
This is better than I thought.

Those two make a great couple. This anime is going to fill the void of SG0
Oct 11, 2018 7:44 AM

Dec 2016
If Sakurajima was in all types of tv shows and commercials, and now she's invisible to all those people... what do those shows and commercials look like now? Do they just not exist anymore at all? Is she replaced by a different person in the show/commercial? I need answers yo
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Oct 11, 2018 8:20 AM
Sep 2018
Is it just me or someone else had doki~doki while watching 'till entire episode, it's very cute. Those two are so cute to watch, being teased to one another is just darn cute. Hoping that this anime would get 'tons of attention.

Just by looking at Mai's mom that she couldn't see her or not knowing who she was is just a pain, now knowing that this syndrome is alot more serious than I ever imagine, as a person who doesn't read the manga, I'm actually curious how this will end.

I save this for the last since I clearly enjoy is the conversation of those two is bed, I found that not only cute but also a straightforward one, those two chemistry are just amazing and hope it would always stay that way.
Oct 11, 2018 9:29 AM

Jul 2014
Mattinator95 said:
Abusaeed said:

I think it's just bad pacing

well there are time skips and its probably intentional

May 6th - The first meeting

May 20th - Grocery shopping time

May 25th - The date

and they probably spent a lot of time together in that time period after all hes the only one that could see her most of the time. plus i could be to the reason that she could or will as shown on May 29th that she will eventually vanish from him as well .

Well, in the first time skip she didn't go to school but between the 20th and the 25th we can suppose that they met and interacted normally, hell, she even mentions that it was starting to be fun to go to school because of him.
SkyLETVOct 11, 2018 10:09 AM
Oct 11, 2018 9:32 AM
Nov 2016
So she's not only becoming invisible but also ceasing to exist to people who can't see her, why they can't see her is a mystery.

I'm really enjoying this anime. I like the chemistry between the two leads...

The dialogue is great, it's both funny(at times) and thought provoking.
Oct 11, 2018 9:40 AM

Jul 2014
The characters are so well written to the point that I'm only at ep 2 yet I already love both of them, this better have a good fcking ending!
I like how straight forward they are, no over reaction on both sides and it actually feels genuine.

That being said, the poster for this anime is one hell of a click bait.
Oct 11, 2018 9:53 AM
Aug 2016
Being honest this episode was incredibly great, the interaction of the main characters was really funny and calm, their date was kindda different from the others animes whose had this. On general, I'm loving each episode that this anime have shown off.
gamithaOct 11, 2018 10:09 AM
Oct 11, 2018 10:01 AM

Sep 2011
I'm really liking this anime so far. I hope goodness will continue until the end. Too bad it's just 13 episodes but at least there's an already confirmed sequel.

Honestly I was expecting that this is just a generic ecchi comedy because of the cover and synopsis. Good thing I'm wrong.

Oct 11, 2018 10:16 AM

Jul 2015
Very good episode. I'll probably put this anime on my favorites list when it ends. So far so good. I hope it won't go bad
Oct 11, 2018 10:22 AM

Feb 2014
The convo between Sakuta and Mai keeps on getting more and more tasty by the moment. Such a cute sip to sail soon.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Oct 11, 2018 10:25 AM
Sep 2016
We are reaching over 9000 levels of sacred OTP. My heart
1.1.Six
Oct 11, 2018 10:38 AM

Aug 2008
To every anime explaining Schrodinger's cat: get fucked. I'm not sure I ever skipped OP as fast as this tedious intro. Also, what an annoyingly quick change of heart of Mai. Not to mention the scene later. He's a horny teenager, why did he kick the girl instead of slapping her... Luckily the episode picked up later but it makes me worried about directing. This episode was a mixed bag.

Ii tenki desu ne...
Oct 11, 2018 10:46 AM
Jul 2017
Theory: Umm, anyone think that perhaps Mai is just a figment of imagination for the MC, and that all his school friends and sister are putting up with him? That he is the one with Puberty Syndrome?
Oct 11, 2018 11:10 AM
Aug 2015
This is getting interesting. I like both main characters, especially Sakuta. He reminds me of Kazuma from KonoSuba lol.
Oct 11, 2018 11:30 AM

Mar 2016
interesting episode, cool relationship, can't wait for the next ep

Oct 11, 2018 11:36 AM

Feb 2017
the day in this ep is may 25th.
first scene ep 1 is may 26th

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Oct 11, 2018 11:40 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
DedPanda said:
Though this definitely made for a greater impression on me than the first episode, I can't help but feel at ends with the show right now. First off, the good things about this episode were the character interactions been Mai and Sakuta. Their unique dialogue gives the show quite a quirky atmosphere with elements of comedy. Then seeing how their relationship blooms is also rather nice. The impact of this Adolescence Syndrome does bring in the serious/heavy factor since Mai's own mother can't remember her. This makes the tense feeling all the more intriguing but this brings me to the bad.

What is up with this pacing? These two characters literally just met in the last episode and now they are already "sleeping together" in a hotel at the end of this week's ep? Plus they are all but confirmed as a full-on couple? Then you get a brief dump into Mai's backstory that explains why she left showbiz. Now...I'm glad the plot is moving but I can't help to feel that there is a lot of content that could have been stretched out over at least 4 episodes. Maybe it's because of the fact that this series only gets like 12 or 13 episodes that they are moving things along so quickly, but I just can't help feeling like it's a partial robbery. 3/5

I like the series and the characters, specially the back and forth between those 2, but like you, also feel the pacing is breakneck fast, even considering the circumstances. Holding hands, sleeping in the same bed, talking about kissing? In a second episode? That's pretty advanced for modern anime targeted a teen audience.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 11, 2018 12:16 PM

Jul 2017
zacfoo said:
Theory: Umm, anyone think that perhaps Mai is just a figment of imagination for the MC, and that all his school friends and sister are putting up with him? That he is the one with Puberty Syndrome?

But his sister forgot her
Oct 11, 2018 12:19 PM

Oct 2013
Okay I'm really enjoying this anime. The banter between the two just feel organic and not forced. I'm looking forward to more of this.

I still believe that Futaba is best girl.
Oct 11, 2018 12:43 PM

Jul 2009
Ok but can we talk about the fact that Sakuta’s mother couldnt take the things that happened to Kaede so she dipped? What kind of parent is that?! What about the victim who is actually dealing with it? Sakuta is best boy and best bro!!!
Oct 11, 2018 1:15 PM

May 2012
Ok episode

It is not as good as rating make it but watchable.

3/5 for this episode
Oct 11, 2018 2:24 PM

Mar 2009
Show isn't even about bunny girls anymore. Disappointing.
Oct 11, 2018 2:59 PM

Sep 2014
A really nice episode, was pleasure to watch from the beginning to the end. I'm liking it a lot, the main two is so far adorable. I'm just slightly worried about the new characters appearing and it turning into this boring formula Monogatari had - meeting new girls and solving their problems. Mai and Sakuta are cool enough that I would rather have a show just about these two, even if it weren't too long.
ImaishiOct 11, 2018 3:07 PM
Oct 11, 2018 4:47 PM
Jan 2016
This episode was wonderful!

I love the interactions between Mai and Sakuta, they are just too good, the way they are honest with each other and is awesome the way that they tease each other! A i love their personalities too, principaly Sakura's personality!

That romance quality with drama and comedy is being a masterpiece for me! And romance in second episode, didn't expect that but was fantastic!

Love when Sakuta called Kunumi and Futaba, was really funny when they ask to him "what time is it?" and he answering with real hour!

Love character art and animation, Mai expressions are really cute!

Waiting anxious for more!
LimaolcOct 11, 2018 5:07 PM
Oct 11, 2018 5:40 PM

May 2015
That was such a great episode. I think the interaction between these two really stands out, and you can feel the atmosphere just changing at times as well.

Oct 11, 2018 5:47 PM

Sep 2015
This show is really something. I doubt this'll be one of those shows that gets stuck in my backlog, especially when the Monogatari vibes are this intense.
Oct 11, 2018 10:38 PM

Aug 2013
...oh, I just noticed the show is copying the Monogatari formula. I wondered how long it would be before they started doing more shows with the "quirk girl of the week" style.

This is actually a good thing. I am way more excited about it now that I know Mai's won't be the only girl with the syndrome of the show (I hadn't read the synopsis before, either).
Oct 11, 2018 11:04 PM

Feb 2017
One of my new favorite anime's. The Protagonist isn't some wimpy guy that reacts to a girl's touch, instead, he mostly has a cool personality and is pretty forward. One of the main things that I love about this anime is how isolated Mai becomes and the support she received from Sakuta throughout the journey so far.
Oct 11, 2018 11:17 PM

Jul 2016
I like how Mai and Sakuta keeps on throwing banters on each others, reminds me a lot of Hachiman and Yukino or Araragi and Hitagi. And we're already getting the romance development, nice.

Her mother started to forgot, sad, that hit me hard. I wonder how she'll regain her existence, solution seems like related to the school as said by Rio. Looking forward to next episode.
Oct 11, 2018 11:32 PM

Mar 2015
Gametaff said:
I'm really loving this, every scene reached my heart literally and the romance between Sakuta and Mai is just way too good I haven't felt like this in ages haha :3
I'm just hoping he doesn't forget about her although I'm pretty sure he'll end up doing it.

Look at episode 1 again, I felt bad already, I think that girl he forgot is Mai.
CelestialDomoOct 11, 2018 11:36 PM
Oct 12, 2018 4:54 AM

Jan 2011
Faederwulf said:
New drinking game: Take a shot every time an anime character mentions Schrödinger's cat.
Just once I'd like to see someone bring it up with the other character replying they already know because of it's overuse in popular media.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2018

518 by weka »»
Apr 21, 4:56 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2018

278 by Killerind »»
Apr 18, 8:02 PM

» How many chapters left

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 7

10 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 8, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2018

195 by RinoRappa »»
Apr 4, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2018

276 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 24, 5:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.