Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Sep 24, 2018 1:57 AM

May 2016
EdHaku said:
I share the same thoughts.
That being said, the VN also let me down, but I had fun with it.

The reason this one's bad is mostly due to the staff. S;G is already a successful franchise, so they thought that a good staff wasn't needed to make it sell.
Well, it just turned out like another bad SciAdv series adaptation.

The staff is the same as the original, except the director
-
Sep 24, 2018 3:36 AM

Mar 2014
SheevPalpatine said:

The staff is the same as the original, except the director

Not at all. Just check this and compare to this
There are some similarities, but overall it's vastly different.
Sep 24, 2018 4:17 AM

Nov 2015
Avisama said:
Dropped cause the protagonist looks kinda old and lame!
TF you talking about moron? Watch S;G first...it says you dropped both but no eps
You cannot spell Light without L
Sep 24, 2018 7:18 AM

Feb 2016
AntwanMantilla said:
It's because White Fox fell into the most common problem that basically every other anime based on a VN does: they try to put in a bit of everything from each route.

Literally all WF had to do was stick with one route but they just crammed in basically most of all the SoL shit from the routes which in turn just makes this in general seem like a big ass filler for most of it's run.

They honestly let me down tbh.

They can't make sg0 work if they follow only one route, although I agree the SOL could have been shortened, especially the useless cringe fanservice from TA in ep 9(?).
Sep 24, 2018 7:53 AM

May 2016
Aquamirror said:
AntwanMantilla said:
It's because White Fox fell into the most common problem that basically every other anime based on a VN does: they try to put in a bit of everything from each route.

Literally all WF had to do was stick with one route but they just crammed in basically most of all the SoL shit from the routes which in turn just makes this in general seem like a big ass filler for most of it's run.

They honestly let me down tbh.

They can't make sg0 work if they follow only one route, although I agree the SOL could have been shortened, especially the useless cringe fanservice from TA in ep 9(?).

Episode 10. (as i remember)

I think merging the routes into one storyline was a good idea (multiple routes wouldn't work in a series i think). But agree on that they should shorten the first half of the series. Or instead of the cringe fanservice scenes, they should added more stuff from the PR-branch. For example

-
Sep 24, 2018 8:35 AM

Apr 2018
it's pretty bad and overrated AF here lol
Sep 24, 2018 2:31 PM

Mar 2016
It feels rushed from what I can tell, in comparison to the VN.
It's a sequel that just shouldn't exist in anime format. At least I think so.

The original draw to the show was the wonky characters at the beginning, eventually being sucked dry and thrown into a realistic war-like situation and their struggle through it. Especially Okabe. It felt good to see Okabe conquer himself in the original, that's why this sequel rings hollow for so many fans.

This is a classic example of studio White Fox milking the series at the expense of fan-hype.
No matter how you look at it, this is one of the biggest disappointments of 2018.
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Sep 24, 2018 10:39 PM

Jul 2013
Given the score is still 8.88, it's not actually bad. Even objectively speaking, it's not bad. That's just your own subjective problem.

It does, however, have major problems. The main problem is that they took two timelines from the visual novel and mashed them together. That means it doesn't have a good flow like the VN. Episode 20 or so really should have been Episode 12 or so. They also seem to have gone out of their way to cut out extreme violence (while adding violence in other places).

The VN is a masterpiece. Honestly it's every bit as good as the original VN if not better. And that's why the original series did well. It almost completely held to one plotline in the original VN. It faithfully adapted it. People are hating on this series for the same reason they hate on Chaos;Head. They didn't faithfully adapt it (though even C;H was better adapted than this, it just had a lot of gaps).

Seriously, play the VNs for all of the games you can. This series is fantastic. I made sure to play and finish Steins;Gate 0 before continuing to watch this series (given that it has take forever for every episode to come out). I might have a little more appreciation for it because of that, though that also makes it that much more frustrating for me to see all the things they did wrong.

Just remember that VN canon overrides anime canon in this series.
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Sep 24, 2018 11:57 PM
Apr 2018
AniMEHLover said:
Akattee99 said:

I think episode 21 was actualy very good and it deservs at least 8/10 rating

Episode 1 is a solid 7/10 for me but there are episodes that I would rate 1/10 so 1 episode does not make up for 20 shitty, subpar-at-best episodes.

u r propably right there were epiaodes that were very bad and boaring but what people care about is the ending episodes and to me the last 3 episodes were very good, and if episode 23 was good then it will be worth watching
Sep 25, 2018 12:03 AM

Mar 2018
Akattee99 said:
AniMEHLover said:

Episode 1 is a solid 7/10 for me but there are episodes that I would rate 1/10 so 1 episode does not make up for 20 shitty, subpar-at-best episodes.

u r propably right there were epiaodes that were very bad and boaring but what people care about is the ending episodes and to me the last 3 episodes were very good, and if episode 23 was good then it will be worth watching

Correction in my post:
Episode 21 is a solid 7/10 not Episode 1
Sep 25, 2018 9:17 AM

Feb 2016
Hraktuus said:

Just remember that VN canon overrides anime canon in this series.

That's wrong, they complement each other. So far there is no real contradiction, the anime shows the final world lines before the true end which the VN didn't do. VA in anime isn't the same VA from the VN, but different similar iterations.

The next episode might disprove this, but we will see.
AquamirrorSep 25, 2018 10:10 AM
Sep 25, 2018 9:43 AM

Aug 2013
The first season wasn't great and the time travel worked in pretty ridiculous ways but at least the cast was enjoyable and there was character development.
In SG;0 you have convenience after convenience and the characters that were addded are trash.
"Doubting everything that you take on... That is very important. Open your own eyes, clear out your ears, and look and listen to the world... And think using your own brain. After you've doubted everything, there is a possibility of something real to believe in. To believe in something, doubt everything."

Sep 25, 2018 2:01 PM

Feb 2015
Avisama said:

This anime is a sequel, you should first watch Steins;Gate from 2011, that season is very good.

-Funland- said:
Hopefully this same shit won't happen to OPM

The manga is great, there is no way S2 is going to be bad.

Sep 25, 2018 2:14 PM
Nov 2016
SteelingMax said:
Avisama said:

This anime is a sequel, you should first watch Steins;Gate from 2011, that season is very good.

-Funland- said:
Hopefully this same shit won't happen to OPM

The manga is great, there is no way S2 is going to be bad.

The manga of Berserk is pretty awesome but the anime is pretty bad though. The studio that will do the season 2 of OPM is not bad so I still have hope but I rather have reliable studios like Madhouse do the season 2.
Sep 25, 2018 2:50 PM

Aug 2018
I wouldn't say its bad, but we (Steins;Gate fans) wanted Zero to be as good as the original is, and perfection can't be achieved twice. Is just disappointing (even if some chapters, for example, chapter 8, were really good and dropped some high expectations about the show). The action scenes are just awful and I found them annoying as fuck, because they make no sense for me. Steins;Gate was never an action oriented anime and Zero shows it better than nothing.

What I have to say to defend Zero is that Okabe has evolved really, REALLY good in the series. He is concienced about losing Kurisu to keep Mayuri alive. He feel the pain and regrets about it. He can't just move on and I find him reliable as fuck here. Jesus Christ, if you lose a person you won't be shouting stupid things two days after it, won't you? Okabe is a human being, not your personal Gary Stu that does always cool things and behaves like a 5yo child.
Sep 25, 2018 3:24 PM

Dec 2017
xZabuzax said:
The studio that will do the season 2 of OPM is not bad

LOL, wdym not bad. The fact that they handed OPM to JC Staff already spells trouble.
Sep 25, 2018 3:25 PM

Dec 2017
Hraktuus said:
Given the score is still 8.88

After the mods ban all those fake accounts boosting this show, it's probably going to go down to 7.5
Sep 25, 2018 3:42 PM

Apr 2017
Everything looks better with rose-tinted retrospection. The original season wasn't really that great. A bunch of stereotypical characters that hardly got any character development aside from Okabe and Kurisu. It was also full of boring SoL moments; the first episodes were agonizingly slow. The three episode Mayuri death arc was a real thrill as it suddenly hit you that the show isn't all fun and games. But then after that arc, the show lost it's momentum and never regained it (looking at you, Rukako date episode) until the last two episodes which brought an rush of emotions, from grief and shock to relief and happiness. The ending was perfect and very cathartic, but I'm not going to overlook the show's flaws.

The main genre of Zero is not thriller, just like the original S;G. However, it approaches the plot in a much different way; the stark contrast in the atmosphere is reasonably off-putting to some.

But the point of the show is to depict the sacrifices that were necessary to achieve that perfect ending of the original. The animation isn't as good as the original, especially in the horrendously bad fight scenes. However, it's likely that those will be fixed in the blu-ray edition considering the noticeable improvement in quality over the first episodes already released on blu-ray.

At least there was some further character development in this one.

And ofc Okarin is going to be sad throughout the entirety of this and Kurisu will be absent, that's the point of the premise.

It's not bad, just flawed. I think a lot of people forget how flawed the original was; a few shining moments in the original stood out more in their memory, understandably.
iSpadeSep 25, 2018 3:45 PM
Sep 25, 2018 4:42 PM
Sep 2016
Yeah. From what I saw I was expecting reactions like these.
I think SG0 single-handedly took Steins;gate out of my favourites
1.1.Six
Sep 25, 2018 11:02 PM

Apr 2008
Spades said:
Everything looks better with rose-tinted retrospection. The original season wasn't really that great. A bunch of stereotypical characters that hardly got any character development aside from Okabe and Kurisu. It was also full of boring SoL moments; the first episodes were agonizingly slow. The three episode Mayuri death arc was a real thrill as it suddenly hit you that the show isn't all fun and games. But then after that arc, the show lost it's momentum and never regained it (looking at you, Rukako date episode) until the last two episodes which brought an rush of emotions, from grief and shock to relief and happiness. The ending was perfect and very cathartic, but I'm not going to overlook the show's flaws.

The main genre of Zero is not thriller, just like the original S;G. However, it approaches the plot in a much different way; the stark contrast in the atmosphere is reasonably off-putting to some.

But the point of the show is to depict the sacrifices that were necessary to achieve that perfect ending of the original. The animation isn't as good as the original, especially in the horrendously bad fight scenes. However, it's likely that those will be fixed in the blu-ray edition considering the noticeable improvement in quality over the first episodes already released on blu-ray.

And ofc Okarin is going to be sad throughout the entirety of this and Kurisu will be absent, that's the point of the premise.

It's not bad, just flawed. I think a lot of people forget how flawed the original was; a few shining moments in the original stood out more in their memory, understandably.

I agree with you that Steins;Gate was not that great. I have never seen it as a masterpiece and gave it 7.

One of the problem of Steins;Gate 0 is that everyone knows how it ends, so while in Steins;Gate they could be surprised and wonder how it will end, this series could not do it. And since the audience knows where it goes, they are analysing how well-done is the journey, not where it leads. This is how I usually watch series, because most of the time it is super easy for me to figure out where the show is going, but when you know where the story leads, it is much harder to be awed by the story that does not care too much about execution.

I think it was something that the staff/director could have predicted and prepare themselves for.

"The moment one sits down to think, one becomes all nose, or all forehead, or something horrid. Look at the successful men in any of the learned professions. How perfectly hideous they are! Except, of course, in the Church. But then in the Church they don't think. A bishop keeps on saying at the age of eighty what he was told to say when he was a boy of eighteen, and as a natural consequence he always looks absolutely delightful."
Sep 26, 2018 12:23 AM
Nov 2016
Spades said:

I agree that the OG Steins;Gate started pretty damn slow, it was still acceptable though because I had no idea where the story would lead to so I was pretty open minded there. In the first half I gave it a 6.5/10 but in the second half (starting in the ending of episode 12) I could finally see where the anime was leading to, I knew right away that Okabe would start time leaping to the past to save her and in that moment the anime completely changed for me. Episode 13 (which I loved) started hyping the shit out of me and I was thrilled with everything going on, Mayuri dying was hitting me like a truck and I was actually feeling a lot of tension and desperation, if an anime manage to do that then the anime did it right, the way it was executed exceeded my expectations.

My perspective with Steins;Gate was completely different now, the anime had a purpose now which was about saving Mayuri (unlike Steins;Gate 0 which didn't have any purpose till episode 19... sigh...) and the crazy good plot twist that came later with Suzuha, the sad letter and her fate blew my mind, this was a tear-jerker, I actually freaking cried here, can't believe an anime did this to me. This anime quickly rose to 9.5 by that point. Feyris episode was also touching and the cameo from Suzuha on that episode gave me even more chills, next episode with Rukako was indeed slow but it was still enjoyable, I did have a couple of laugh there, the next episodes with Moeka and Mr. Braun was excellent and I actually felt a lot of thrill and tension there too (unlike Steins;Gate 0, I didn't felt any thrill or tension in that anime...) and then the plot twist of Okabe figuring out that to save Mayuri he needs to sacrifice Kurisu hit me like a truck again, I completely forgot that she died in the first episode with all the things going on. Mayuri dying again saving Okabe hit me like a truck, I actually teared up with a couple of episodes here and If an anime do that then the anime did it right (the only episode from Steins;Gate 0 that gave me tears was episode 8). Sacrificing Kurisu to save Mayuri gave me the chills and again, I teared up there and then the plot twist of Suzuha trying to save Kurisu hyped the shit out of me again and the perfect last 2 episode was the icing in the cake. This is why Steins;Gate is a masterpiece for me. For me it was all buildup from episode 13 and up followed by crazy good plot twist and the anime actually had a purpose, unlike Steins;Gate 0 with a freaking depressed Okabe that didn't do shit, he started doing something in episode 19, big mistake here... and all the other boring shit and shitty slice of life and shitty action scenes moments from Steins;Gate 0 made me dislike that anime with passion and seeing Kagari slashing heads off with her bare hands was the icing in the cake on disliking this anime even more. Can't believe this shit was actually Steins;Gate, this was nowhere near the OG Steins;Gate.

That wall of text is my point of view on why I consider Steins;Gate a masterpiece and Steins;Gate 0 an average anime.
xZabuzaxSep 26, 2018 2:51 AM
Sep 26, 2018 2:12 AM

Nov 2016
I'm glad some of you'll also thought the same, first of all the first few episodes felt like I was watching a slice of life anime, even when dangerous events occured the group act as if it was nothing and went right back into planning parties. for 10 episodes I was convinced the writers were more concerned about establishing a harem around okabe then they were in making a sequel to steins;gate. Also we all kinda knew who the main villain was but there wasn't any attempt to make it believable/dangerous like SERN was.

I was excited to see the story begin to actually take form after episode 13 onwards but then the melodrama set in, jesus I was cringing throughout episode 18, which was supposed to be the climax of the show I was actually laughing at scenes that were supposed to be emotional. the whole scene on top of the roof was sooo bad it left a bad taste in my mouth I had to rewatch the original series just to make the cringe go away. Anyone who remembers the whole rooftop scene has got to know exactly what I mean right? first the villain pretty much tells them his evil plan, also okabe had a chance to stop him/take his gun away but didn't, they kept staring at each other and talking for minutes on end instead of getting into the time machine, crying and being over dramatic when they were told by the villian that WW2 was going to start at the rooftop and the time machine was going to be destroyed but they do nothing for lots of mins then exactly what was said happened but still they kept being melodramatic while for some reason the american and russian soldiers waited patiently for them to finish their melodrama before shooting down the time machine. the writers/animators probably had their heads up their asses while making the show. What makes me furious is that most of the important plot points will or are being condensed to fit into the last few episodes, so much happens between episode 18-22, a lot of what takes place between ep 18-23 could take up 12 episodes while everything leading up to ep 15 could be put together into 5 episodes. They could have made it a 12 episode season or not have done the show at all lol, it ruined the greatness of the original series
Sep 26, 2018 11:42 AM
Mar 2016
I guess most people didn't even understand the purpose of SG0 and I also guess that some people didn't even watch the alternative episode of the original series that ties to this one since some things that they wanted in this wouldn't make any sense.
Sep 26, 2018 11:47 AM
Mar 2016
-Funland- said:
xZabuzax said:
The studio that will do the season 2 of OPM is not bad

LOL, wdym not bad. The fact that they handed OPM to JC Staff already spells trouble.

Yeah, because season 1 animation depended on Madhouse's animators and not freelancers. /s

Also, Madhouse really has produced a A LOT of masterpieces or even good anime...
Sep 26, 2018 12:52 PM
Jan 2015
Follow the vn of zero .. it is way more different than how anime did things ... Go for VN it is really good ..
Sep 26, 2018 1:32 PM

Mar 2008
jwinter01 said:
I guess most people didn't even understand the purpose of SG0 and I also guess that some people didn't even watch the alternative episode of the original series that ties to this one since some things that they wanted in this wouldn't make any sense.

The classic defense of something bad. "You just don't get it." Sometimes things just disappoint and aren't very good. That's not the fault of the viewers.
Sep 26, 2018 4:21 PM

Dec 2017
jwinter01 said:
-Funland- said:

Yeah, because season 1 animation depended on Madhouse's animators and not freelancers. /s

Also, Madhouse really has produced a A LOT of masterpieces or even good anime...

Exactly. What i'm saying is that JC Staff isn't capable of doing the same as Madhouse.
Sep 26, 2018 8:31 PM
Nov 2016
jwinter01 said:

Oh boy, you must be kidding.
Oct 7, 2018 3:29 PM
Aug 2017
I despise steins;gate 0 but they used the same music from the original, I don't know what your playing at here bud
Oct 7, 2018 3:40 PM
Jun 2017
K3ych4in said:
I despise steins;gate 0 but they used the same music from the original, I don't know what your playing at here bud

The nearer to the end the more music from OG was used, but there were also tracks unique for SG0 or SG0 VN tracks. Like Re-Awake or Messenger, i think there is quite a lot of them.
SG music was literally the only one i liked.
Oct 7, 2018 3:46 PM
Aug 2017
But we all know why they did that, if the shit animation is anything to go by, this was produced on a budget, because they knew it would sell, and less work = less money
Oct 7, 2018 6:20 PM
Jul 2017
I wouldn't say it's bad, its just that the source itself is very confusing to animate.

For example, the anime should be run as promised rinascimento (DRine) for the first half and vega and altair (mayuri and time machine) + operation skuld video for the next half. But, sending DRine would skip every single thing happening up to vega altair due to how Dmail works in original (assuming it was on the same date). Not to mention the whole plot building for the first half (reyes and kagari) is pretty much wasted since the second half have different plot (leskinen and reading steiner fubuki).

If they want to animate it with the best result, it should be split into 2 season, one for PR and the other for VA and final scene. But making 2 season will take quite a cost.

Tl;dr, this animation, story wise, is okay for a budget, doesn't really pull up everything in VN but ties up both route quite good. Of course that action scene is cringy af.
Oct 7, 2018 11:58 PM

May 2016
Medic_Arch said:

For example, the anime should be run as promised rinascimento (DRine) for the first half and vega and altair (mayuri and time machine) + operation skuld video for the next half.

And this would cause a huge confusion. Because the D-RINE which we send at the end of PR, it's NOT the D-RINE which Okabe refers to in the ending (MWC). If they would be the same, then MWC Okabe should remember to it because of Reading Steiner. But he doesn't.

We know that there were many worldlines between the ending of VA and MWC. The D-RINE with the same text was sent from multiple worldline's future, by many times.
This anime wasn't clearly an adaptation, it was an addition to the VN. The anime showed us the last few worldlines before MWC. So in terms of chronology of the worldlines, 99% of 0 anime takes place "between" VA and MWC
-
Oct 8, 2018 4:03 AM

Sep 2014
Silverstorm92 said:
What's going on here? Steins;Gate 0 VN is extremely hard to adapt! Anime is not as good as first season but not as bad as you guys are complaining here!
"Music is also bad, i prefered S;G music much more. It is kinda bad"
Really? I find it has best ost, even better than S;G 0 VN, S;G VN and S;G anime LOL! All soundtracks are super great: Messenger, Believe Me-zero, Fatima, Last Game, World-Line, Lyra, A Song Played by the Stars, Re-Awake,...and so so many great unreleased soundtracks in ep 8, 14, 16,...
Steins;Gate 0 Anime has best ost of all time!

cropsini said:

Animation is bad. It is much worse than original. Sometimes even the protagonist in the foreground look more like a potato than a human. The worst thing are fight scenes where Suzu jumps in the middle of an army and it turns out there are Stormtroopers, or guys who cant even shoot. It was horrible as hell.

The only thing i agree!

I agree with this one. S;G0 has a more non-linear approach and is very difficult IMO to be properly adapted into a single "true end" route in the anime without making some compromises here and there, so it couldn't be helped if it's not as neat as the original anime's direction choices.

And while I agree that S;G0's VN soundtrack is stellar, I don't think the anime's soundtrack is good or memorable enough for me, since S;G's anime's soundtrack itself has some excellent original soundtracks that matched the overall tone of the VN in its anime form. And other than remixing the original soundtrack songs for its use, none of the original music tracks are as memorable as the OG anime's ones.
HOMURA DID NOTHING WRONG.

Oct 8, 2018 4:10 AM

Sep 2014
NezumiiroHoshi said:
ButadonMeitantei said:
Honestly, by re-watching the original Steins;Gate I could find a lot more problems with the show than I did the first time. Maybe because it's been a while since the first season, people have simply grown and are able to notice more problems in the anime than before.

Same here.
As I said before, Steins;Gate 0 could be 8.5 if White Fox did a great job. The source material is not good (pretty bad to be honest, the only moment made me hyped was the scene when Okabe met Kurisu again, the same thing happened to anime viewers in episode 8). So don't blame the director or White Fox for all reasons.
Maybe something good will happen in the next few episodes but it can't help all the weak build-ups so far.

As much as I hated myself to say this properly, it eventually returns back to the original Zero VN to put so much burden into the studio creators to make something so stellar and memorable as the original anime one. While the original anime was not without perfections, in various technical standpoints, it was not as obvious as Zero's anime technical decisions.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a lot of the original creators members' who made the original anime weren't involved in Zero's anime making process?
HOMURA DID NOTHING WRONG.

Oct 8, 2018 4:32 AM

Apr 2018
Because People always compare Sg to Sg0.
When watching Sg0 you should always keep in mind that SG0 IS A PART of Sg.
Sg0 is Not a Sequel and It's not a whole but a PART of SG.
Oct 8, 2018 4:35 AM

Apr 2018
And also why does People keep glorifying the vn.
The vn also have some faults.
-PLOT HOLES
-

The anime and vn have their goods and bads
Oct 8, 2018 7:42 AM

Jan 2016
true.
S;G-0 is overdramatic, redundant, and boring.
it's like a spin-off that tried too hard to be on par with the original series.
quickly regret spending that much time on this show.
"The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply." - Unknown
Oct 8, 2018 10:05 AM
Apr 2015
This is bait right
Oct 8, 2018 3:42 PM
Jul 2018
yeah, everything was kind of good until episode 20, since that episode a lot of nonsense take place adding countless Deus ex machina. I am a big fan of the original anime, but this "sequel" dissapoint me.
Oct 10, 2018 12:43 AM

Apr 2008
ResKori said:
Lain666 said:

I agree with you that Steins;Gate was not that great. I have never seen it as a masterpiece and gave it 7.

One of the problem of Steins;Gate 0 is that everyone knows how it ends, so while in Steins;Gate they could be surprised and wonder how it will end, this series could not do it. And since the audience knows where it goes, they are analysing how well-done is the journey, not where it leads. This is how I usually watch series, because most of the time it is super easy for me to figure out where the show is going, but when you know where the story leads, it is much harder to be awed by the story that does not care too much about execution.

I think it was something that the staff/director could have predicted and prepare themselves for.

Just fans overrating it. Steins Gate had only 1 thing to offer, the ending, which was really good. And the fans are clinging to that while ignoring how it got there. If we're rating the ending only, sure, I'd give it a 10/10. But we don't do that lol. How you get to that ending is just as important.

and I don't need another season just to figure out the hows and whys of the ending in S1.

I think it may have been an interesting story, but the idea and execution for 0 was bad. Rather than having Okabe stay in one world-line and being angsty, I believe it would be far more interesting if he was forced (by Russians' experimenting with the time machine) to travel across different worldliness to see how they turned out like in episode 8. This experience of traveling could be formative, make him change and help him to find a resolve to once again try to save Kurisu.

Also, the episodes where he gets into the future could have been improved, because the way there are, I cannot say the word there was interesting.
Lain666Oct 10, 2018 1:22 AM
"The moment one sits down to think, one becomes all nose, or all forehead, or something horrid. Look at the successful men in any of the learned professions. How perfectly hideous they are! Except, of course, in the Church. But then in the Church they don't think. A bishop keeps on saying at the age of eighty what he was told to say when he was a boy of eighteen, and as a natural consequence he always looks absolutely delightful."
Oct 10, 2018 1:12 AM
Apr 2018
Steins gate 0 is honestly nothing compared to steins gate
But there were some good episodes
The story didn't develop fast enough and infact it was pretty slow which was a big turn off
But there were some episodes i enjoyed
Also i really hate how they added more girls to rintaro's harem
Oct 10, 2018 1:13 AM
Apr 2018
Steins gate 0 is honestly nothing compared to steins gate
But there were some good episodes
The story didn't develop fast enough and infact it was pretty slow which was a big turn off
But there were some episodes i enjoyed
Also i really hate how they added more girls to rintaro's harem
Oct 10, 2018 11:15 AM
Oct 2018
So I recently finished S;G 0 myself, and I quickly rewatched the first steins;gate to jog my memory. S;G 0 wasn't bad, but the vibe, or athmosphere was definitely different.

I can understand Okabe being depressed and all that, after all he went through some traumatic experiences, but this went on way too long. Nearly the whole season which was a downer. Before I watched S;G 0 though, I was expecting it to pick up right where it ended last season, however not quite. Instead, it sadly felt like it wasn't going anywhere, until the very last episodes.

By the end of this season, I felt like nothing had been clarified. Nothing had been achieved and finally Okabe is motivated to search for Steins Gate which they should have started with earlier this season and not the very end. So, honestly as sad as it is to say, S;G 0 was kind of pointless, which is a shame because I was looking forward to a new season. They should have just picked up from last season. To my understanding a different company worked on this season, and it shows in the animation.
Oct 13, 2018 2:55 AM

Jun 2016
yokris0 said:
So I recently finished S;G 0 myself, and I quickly rewatched the first steins;gate to jog my memory. S;G 0 wasn't bad, but the vibe, or athmosphere was definitely different.

I can understand Okabe being depressed and all that, after all he went through some traumatic experiences, but this went on way too long. Nearly the whole season which was a downer. Before I watched S;G 0 though, I was expecting it to pick up right where it ended last season, however not quite. Instead, it sadly felt like it wasn't going anywhere, until the very last episodes.

By the end of this season, I felt like nothing had been clarified. Nothing had been achieved and finally Okabe is motivated to search for Steins Gate which they should have started with earlier this season and not the very end. So, honestly as sad as it is to say, S;G 0 was kind of pointless, which is a shame because I was looking forward to a new season. They should have just picked up from last season. To my understanding a different company worked on this season, and it shows in the animation.

This about sums it up, though not the whole last season thing since they made an alternate episode 23 almost three years ago to bridge the two seasons. Also it was the same studio, though much of the staff that worked on it was different.
Oct 13, 2018 4:39 AM

May 2016
yokris0 said:

Did you see the original series? At the end, he reached Steins Gate. Episode 24 of the original is the ending of the whole story

Watch order:
S;G 1-22
S;G 23beta
S;G0 1-23
S;G 24
-
Oct 13, 2018 4:45 AM
Jun 2017
SheevPalpatine said:
yokris0 said:

Did you see the original series? At the end, he reached Steins Gate. Episode 24 of the original is the ending of the whole story

Watch order:
S;G 1-22
S;G 23beta
S;G0 1-23
S;G 24

For someone who did not watch anything watch order should be airing.(skipping 0 wouldn't be bad tho)
Oct 13, 2018 5:16 AM

May 2016
cropsini said:
SheevPalpatine said:

Watch order:
S;G 1-22
S;G 23beta
S;G0 1-23
S;G 24

For someone who did not watch anything watch order should be airing.(skipping 0 wouldn't be bad tho)

Before you start Zero, you should be aware what it is. It's not a sequel, and not an alternative story. It tells the original story of Okabe (the Okabe who made the Operation Skuld video) which made possible the ending of the original show.

Also you said:
"For someone who did not watch anything watch order should be airing"

Airing order:
S;G (the whole series)
S;G 23beta
S;G 0
-
Oct 13, 2018 5:20 AM
Jun 2017
SheevPalpatine said:
cropsini said:

Before you start Zero, you should be aware what it is. It's not a sequel, and not an alternative story. It tells the original story of Okabe (the Okabe who made the Operation Skuld video) which made possible the ending of the original show.

Also you said:
"For someone who did not watch anything watch order should be airing"

Airing order:
S;G (the whole series)
S;G 23beta
S;G 0

I know what 0 is, but the way it's done makes me sick
Oct 31, 2018 7:45 AM
Feb 2017
Nothing new. It's just as bad as SG. You just opened your eyes. There is no story in this anime.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 22, 2018

163 by Alrinth »»
Apr 10, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

197 by Alrinth »»
Apr 9, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 11 Discussion

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

38 by Alrinth »»
Apr 7, 4:11 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

103 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Mar 24, 4:17 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2018

218 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 16, 5:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.