Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Oct 3, 2018 2:36 AM
Jul 2018
Iamkingdomhearts said:
Frroku said:

Isekai = Powerful Handsome MALE character transferted in a new World, and while beating some enemies a bunch of girls including Lolis fall in love with him for no reason...

Ah, so basically the Familiar of Zero, right? definitely not one of the best Animes of all time ever.

I think. I haven't seen it yet.......
Oct 3, 2018 2:40 AM
Aug 2018
Frroku said:
Iamkingdomhearts said:

Ah, so basically the Familiar of Zero, right? definitely not one of the best Animes of all time ever.

It's pretty much Isekai now that i've heard about the genre, in fact, it might be "the" original Isekai maybe, probably not but still, just guessing.

Thanks for telling me by the way. :]
Oct 3, 2018 2:45 AM
Jul 2018
Iamkingdomhearts said:
Frroku said:

It's pretty much Isekai now that i've heard about the genre, in fact, it might be "the" original Isekai maybe, probably not but still, just guessing.

Thanks for telling me by the way. :]

That's is an harem as well. Almost every isekai has the harem as well.

The first isekai, as i know was .Hack
Oct 3, 2018 2:45 AM

Sep 2016
Frroku said:
Older_than_dirt said:
If this thread is still active in 6 months, Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken just might get quite a few votes.... we'll see.

Definetely. Some people are losing their mind and praising it as masterpiece. They do like this everytime some new isekai gets aired lol

Dunno about it being a Masterpiece, hell, only the first episode is out. It certainly looks like it could be very good, but there have been many anime that started out good and then turned to "meh".
So like I said, in 6 months we'll see.
You're never too old to watch anime.
If I ever stop watching anime, check my pulse I'm likely dead.

I wake up with coffee & anime, I go to sleep with coffee & anime.

Sorry if my sarcasm is bad, it's not my first language.

Oct 3, 2018 2:46 AM

Aug 2014
My top probably Konosuba and Rezero.

I can't think something else.

Idk if Log Horizon count as isekai but i prefer not count it as one as it isn't a recent anime.
Oct 3, 2018 6:29 AM

Jul 2017
Isekai anime are bad in general but they are quite enjoyable, KonoSuba would probably one of the best I've seen so far
Oct 3, 2018 6:31 AM

Feb 2010
konosuba for comedy, grimgar for serious, death march for lolis

just talking modern isekai here. otherwise juuni kokuki is still one of the best for sure.
AlcoholicideOct 3, 2018 11:42 AM
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 3, 2018 11:03 AM

Jan 2013
Read my reply to @donzacuceron

@Frroku
@Iamkingdomhearts
Lmao that's not what "isekai" means, you should've said today's "isekai" but even then no.
And nah, .Hack wasn't the first one.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Oct 3, 2018 11:08 AM

Jul 2017
Overlord, GATE, Re:Zero, No Game No Life
Oct 3, 2018 11:10 AM

Apr 2018
I really haven't seen that many Isekai anime, I really liked ReZero and konosuba. Damn, I forgot No game no life
Oct 3, 2018 11:14 AM

May 2017
Konosuba, Overlord and Danmachi, my favs
    CARP 9/12/18 Eterno
Oct 3, 2018 11:15 AM

Apr 2017
Cabron said:

@Frroku
@Iamkingdomhearts
Lmao that's not what "isekai" means, you should've said today's "isekai" but even then no.

Your reply was that there are others without giving any particular examples. Not only did you not give examples which is whatever but you didn't really refute what I said anyway. Point is , there's a lot you can take out of Re:Zero apart from waifu bait which is more than I can say for a lot of isekai shows.

She smiled sweeter than Crème Brûlée

Oct 3, 2018 11:34 AM

Jan 2013
donzacuceron said:
Cabron said:

@Frroku
@Iamkingdomhearts

Your reply was that there are others without giving any particular examples. Not only did you not give examples which is whatever but you didn't really refute what I said anyway. Point is , there's a lot you can take out of Re:Zero apart from waifu bait which is more than I can say for a lot of isekai shows.
I wasn't trying to refute your comment my dude, was just letting you know that Re:Zero isn't the first.

But if you want an example, watch Aura Battler Dunbine; a "mecha" anime from the 80s.

Oct 3, 2018 3:29 PM

Aug 2016
Black Lagoon...its an Isekai trust me.
Oct 3, 2018 3:33 PM

Mar 2018
I liked konosuba I thought it was pretty mad
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2018 4:49 PM

Jan 2018
I personally would say Re: Zero, however has a new anime isekai this season, which seems to be the best of them all. What is Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken.

Unlike all isekais, this anime only in the first episode, showed to have a magic more complex than the one of several isekais.
The magic in this world has rules, it has limits, and it's not just one more thing in the unimportant anime that nobody really cares about.
Oct 3, 2018 5:14 PM

Jan 2013
RealGromo said:
I personally would say Re: Zero, however has a new anime isekai this season, which seems to be the best of them all. What is Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken.

Unlike all isekais, this anime only in the first episode, showed to have a magic more complex than the one of several isekais.
The magic in this world has rules, it has limits, and it's not just one more thing in the unimportant anime that nobody really cares about.

>unlike all isekais
>all isekais

Yeah, Imma have to stop you right there chief.

Oct 3, 2018 5:19 PM

Jan 2018
Cabron said:
RealGromo said:

>unlike all isekais
>all isekais

Yeah, Imma have to stop you right there chief.

Okay. Of all the Isekals I've seen to this day, everyone treats magic only as a visual resource and with useless rules (like water overcomes fire). And the only one I've ever seen treating magic as a really important resource (like the Hunter X Hunter nen) dealing with interesting rules and what makes you think it was Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken.
Oct 3, 2018 5:37 PM

Oct 2013
I'm going with a show I doubt many have heard of, but I'm pretty sure counts from what I remember. Kiba.

Also konosuba.
Oct 3, 2018 7:20 PM
Dec 2017
Off the top of my head, I would recommend Juuni Kokuki (12 Kingdoms) and Escaflowne.
Oct 3, 2018 7:25 PM

Jul 2016
Overlord because it is entertaining
"This little girl, who's not even half my size... taught me that tears can flow even from these silver eyes." - Teresa
Oct 3, 2018 9:41 PM

Apr 2015
Juuni Kokuki & Tenkuu no Escaflowne are the only worthy shows that I'd consider myself enjoying within the isekai subgenre.
Oct 4, 2018 1:47 AM
May 2018
Juni Kokuki and Genmu Senki Leda.

Digimon is also great.
Oct 4, 2018 2:03 AM
Jun 2015
Super Mario 64 is my favorite interactive Isekai Anime.
Oct 4, 2018 2:11 AM

Feb 2018
swort art online ?? duh rofl what a stupid fucking question
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2018 2:36 AM
Apr 2018
Striker-3649 said:
I know the genre is hated so much but there must be atleast one anime that stands out?!!

If we’re only counting anime not manga/LN

Log horizon
Konosuba
How not to summon a demon lord
Oct 4, 2018 2:58 AM

Mar 2017
RealGromo said:
And the only one I've ever seen treating magic as a really important resource (like the Hunter X Hunter nen) dealing with interesting rules

Oh...kay I'm gonna stop you right there. You haven't watched Log Horizon.

*checks list*

Yep.

Iamkingdomhearts said:
in fact, it might be "the" original Isekai maybe, probably not but still, just guessing.

Frroku said:

The first isekai, as i know was .Hack

Dante's Divine Comedy from the 1300s, which can be considered "isekai", predates those by centuries.

If not, then it's probably some medieval story about a knight getting dragged into the fairy world.

Alice's Adventure in Wonderland can also be considered. And its anime adaptation, aired in 1983, probably counts as the first anime isekai.

The first really clear-cut isekai is of course, in terms of conventions, at least for me, is The Chronicles of Narnia.
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Oct 4, 2018 3:28 AM

Aug 2016
Personal favorite is those who who hunt elves, wich is basically a parody of "trap in a mmorpg" anime, and a great comedy anime, followed by Digimon S1 and Re:zero wich really suprised me for an anime that has many modern isekai tropes

currently watching escaflowne wich has been cool so far. need to watch more episodes
:v
Oct 4, 2018 3:34 AM
Jul 2018
So far it would have to be Re:zero

Oct 4, 2018 1:43 PM
Sep 2017
Personally I have to break it down into two categories, serious isekai and parody isekai. For serious isekai I would say Overlord or Log Horizon, both are really well done in terms of animation, voice acting and plot. On the other hand I would say Konosuba is the best parody isekai.
Jan 3, 2019 4:59 AM

Mar 2018
Is Steins Gate isekai? If so, its the best. The only good isekai anime

Re:Zero is the most overrated (its garbage IMO)
Overlord and SAO are tied for the worst
Jan 3, 2019 5:09 AM

Jul 2015
If reverse isekai counts, I'd say Fate/Zero or ReCreators.
Otherwise, Re:Zero or Overlord.
Shield Hero also looks promising.

Jan 3, 2019 5:12 AM

Mar 2017
Ever_Onward said:
donzacuceron said:

I don't get the hate for Re:Zero. We finally got an Isekai show where the MC is a flawed human being. The guy is constantly forced to face the consequences of his actions and faults and it largely realistic. Hell, I will never forget the slap in the face moment when Emiliya said 'The 'me' in your head must be amazing'. Which while not necessarily subtle was there to force the MC to realise that he's essentially in love with the Idea of what Emiliya represents instead of an actual person. Which helps him mature in a way where I don't see happen in anime that often. His pride was shattered and he was forced into character growth. Once again. Doesn't happens as often as it should. Its not some masterclass in writing but its a solid show in my opinion and I've yet to hear a valid narrative criticism of the show to straight up justify it being called awful.

I hear you, though I don't have that much to add. Good observations.

don't let it get to you, I bet they shit on every popular anime they don't like
Jan 16, 2019 5:00 PM
Jan 2019
My Top picks for Isekai right now is:
*Overlord
*Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken

I also really loved Re:Zero & SAO (minus the rape), but it pales to comparison with my top picks for isekai.

Some very good isekai to watch while waiting for next seasons of whatever you're watching:
Gate
Log Horizon
No game no life
Death March kara hajimaru isekai
isekai wa smartphone to tomo ni
isekai maou to shoukan dorei majutsu
mondaiji-tachi ga isekai kara kuru sō desu yo?

(For some reason, I'm really enjoying Isekai right now, that's how I found this thread, trying to find some more to watch lol. And also I really enjoy Anime with Overpowered MC, I just find it amazing when the enemy Figures out how OP the mc is *Goosebumps*.)

I'm also disappointed no one mentioned Spirited Away.
OnionPotatoJan 16, 2019 5:06 PM
Jan 16, 2019 7:05 PM

Dec 2012
I like:
Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero
Drifters
Escaflowne
GATE
Grimgar: Ashes and Illusions
In Another World With My Smartphone
No Game No Life
RE: Zero
Twelve Kingdoms
KruszerJan 16, 2019 7:08 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Jan 16, 2019 7:07 PM

Jul 2016
Hai to gensou no grimgar. Hoping for 2nd season.

Jan 16, 2019 7:13 PM

Aug 2017
Konosuba
Re:Zero
Log Horizon

And Slime because it revitilized my love for the genre that was lost for quite some time
Jan 16, 2019 10:50 PM

Sep 2017
As oversaturated as the genre is today, I would say that Konosuba is the best isekai. The comedic timing is perfect and the 4 main girls are all top tier waifus imo
Are we really gonna make it..?
Jan 16, 2019 10:54 PM

Jul 2015
Re Zero
Konosuba
Gate
Overlord
Slime
And

Re Creators

And potential one might be

Tate no Yuusha

But it's still airing so too early to say.

Jan 16, 2019 10:54 PM

Mar 2016
Konosuba. Doesn't take itself seriously, all girls are best girl, great anime to watch and chill. 10/10

Gate if you want to circle jerk and bask in our superior technology wrecking havoc on filthy medieval savages. The girls are also nice.

Overlord was nice at first but the latest season was garbage.
VeckoJan 16, 2019 10:58 PM
NANACHO FOR PRESIDENT
Jan 17, 2019 6:39 AM
Nov 2018
Spirited away is the best anime movie ever and it's isekai so there's it.
Jan 17, 2019 7:14 AM

Aug 2017
Probably No game no life, even though the movie was better than the season 1. Another isekai that was pretty good, is Log horizon. Only the first season. S2 has become quite worse.
Jan 17, 2019 8:57 AM

Apr 2013
Probably 12 kingdoms and Youjo Senki right now.
If we ever get Honzuki no Gekokujou/Ascendance of a bookworm adapted in anime and it's properly adapted, then it'll be this one instead.
Jan 17, 2019 8:59 AM

Feb 2015
Juuni Kokuki for sure.
Though Log Horizon and Konosuba are good as well.
Jan 17, 2019 9:06 AM

Dec 2015
Wow, I hadn't answered until now...

It's pretty obvious. It was made around the second half of the 90s and it didn't need any kind of book to come to life. (it's called Tenkû no Escaflowne if some people didn't know yet.)

@CodeBlazeFate Any suggestion?
Jan 17, 2019 9:06 AM

Dec 2010
Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken
The only isekai I have ever liked
Jan 17, 2019 9:08 AM
Jul 2018
I detest the Isekai genre because of the shits like Re:Zero, No Game No Life, Shield Hero,... but That Time I Got Reincarnated As a Slime is just brilliant.
Jan 17, 2019 9:51 AM

Apr 2016
Rei366 said:
Wow, I hadn't answered until now...

It's pretty obvious. It was made around the second half of the 90s and it didn't need any kind of book to come to life. (it's called Tenkû no Escaflowne if some people didn't know yet.)

@CodeBlazeFate Any suggestion?
That and Problem Children are the only ones I ever thoroughly enjoyed.
Jan 18, 2019 8:50 PM
Jan 2019
i can clearly see that some of you can see what makes isekai anime so amazing; overlord, konasuba. then there's inuyasha, and rayberth which are far too predictable with horrible animation. i'd try death march, knight's & magic, or in another world with my smartphone. then you'll be hooked
Jan 18, 2019 8:54 PM
Nov 2018
Overlord or Konsuba I would have to say and i’ve watched quite a few
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - Yesterday

29 by Daviljoe193 »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » How do you watch anime?

RobertBobert - 3 hours ago

24 by luckyrune »»
3 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

68 by DigiCat »»
9 minutes ago

» For those who ever rewatch anything, are there any anime you can't really casually rewatch in whole or in part due to intensity?

WatchTillTandava - 2 hours ago

5 by Nirinbo »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » What position do you watch anime in?

Spunkert - Yesterday

15 by SnipeStrike »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.