Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 22, 2018 7:47 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That OP song is dope :o

So Derrida finds himself in a world of trouble as he faces off against these strange mechanic enemies in this desolate world. It gave me the sensation of a thriller for this episode.

The action was okay. Derrida finds himself some allies but I wonder how much they can trust each other? He needs all the help he can get at this rate. The girl Derrida found this episode called herself "Ange".

I'm guessing this show will connect the past with the present/future. Still a pretty intriguing story though if you ask me.
Sep 22, 2018 9:41 AM

Jun 2013
The opening is awesome, the ending is fine.

I am so glad that unlike anime nowadays those sci-fi robots are hand-drawn and not produced using CGI. I really appreciate that. I did not like the action that much though, it was fine I guess.

Interested to see how Mage died, and what Derrida will do to save her, he would definitely try.

Overall it was a fine episode.
3.5/5 I think I will enjoy this show since I find the story to be pretty engaging.

MrMushinSep 22, 2018 11:18 AM
Sep 22, 2018 12:59 PM

Mar 2009
"When development engineer Delida wakes up in the future from a cold sleep, his girlfriend isn't there... he decides to go back 10 years in time to "that incident" to keep his promise with her."

Who on ANN thought that was an accurate synopsis? And who on HERE was lazy enough to slap it on and roll with it?! I submitted a accurate synopsis for both devils line's manga and anime (though that was really poorly done) in early APRIL and have heard NOTHING for, or against, those entries. I'd enter a better one for this series, but I don't know what the point is. Since my other one was never approved or rejected.
Why can't MAL try a little harder to make a synopsis that is: 1) more accurate and 2) NOT full of possible spoilers?!

"Delida wakes up in the future"- that gives the impression that he's been asleep for 100 or so years!
" - His girlfriend isn't there..."- that gives the idea that she was his girlfriend BEFORE the sleep..... But she was 8 years old.
Taking that into account once you start watching it- that's just wrong. On so many levels. And if she's his girlfriend LATER, while that's fine with me, it would make that a HUGE spoiler in the synopsis!
"- To keep his promise with her."-
Uh.... No. Just no. He made a promise with his best friend and told a child what she wanted to hear on her birthday. He's likely going back to: A) keep his promise with his friend. And B) save the world from destruction and clear their names.

Added to it, the rest of the synopsis all together is crap and still leading the reader on.
As it was, I was confused and not entirely sure I wanted to watch this, based on the synopsis. I only tried it because I was bored and I saw it on Crunchyroll.
I like it so far. I do. But it gets me really PO'ed when lazy work goes into these synopses.
Seriously MAL: are you trying to encourage people to watch it it dissuade them?!
I COULD write a better one (instead of just complaining)..... But seeing as the ones I wrote for the devil's line anime and manga never got any good or bad reaction from moderators.... I don't know if its even worth the time and effort to create a new synopsis if its just going to be ignored.

windeen-windySep 22, 2018 1:03 PM
Sep 22, 2018 1:04 PM

Dec 2014
Yeah, the current synopsis is totally messed up. It'll probably get touched up later.

Looks like we're now 10 years ahead with a full blown war having taken place during the time Derrida spent asleep.
Can't believe Andrei is still alive. :|

The action parts were pretty decent as well.

It's nice to see that Yuri is still alive but Mage? :(
Sep 22, 2018 3:26 PM

Jan 2018
Pretty good episode and that OP song was sick. Also, Derrida was betting a lot that Yuri was pointing a camera at him lol good thing she missed the first shot.
Sep 22, 2018 7:16 PM

Aug 2018
I get it. This is a comedy anime right?
Everything aside from Destructor and his loli who calls him papa is so dumb and unconceivable to absolutely every degree.
That girl dodging bullets, the MC using his bullshit main character powers to literally vanish bullets that come into contact with him, the talking car (shit's dope tough!), the MC that is as dumb as Tomoko Kuroki when it comes to talking with people, the wall that somehow disappears when the robot atacks, the entire conversation between Donna and Andrei that's copypasted from every other anime out there and somehow its even worse.
This isnt a serious anime, this has to be comedy...
I never lie on the internet. What's the point of it...
the chinese noodles ad is an anime and avatar isn't!
triggered

Check out my taste and my profile.
Sep 23, 2018 1:35 AM

Mar 2018
Episode 1 : Mage's birthday - 8 years old
Episode 2 : Wakes up after 10 years. Mage - 18 years old.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
*finds out she's dead*
F*ck!
Sep 23, 2018 10:31 AM
Sep 2016
81Koyomi_Araragi said:
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
*finds out she's dead*
F*ck!

Lol... No legal loli for you XD

(I know she's clearly not literally dead but still....lol)
1.1.Six
Sep 23, 2018 10:48 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Love the OP, QUADRANGLE made the Joker Game OP btw.

It was mentioned here but i was like wtf when Derrida went up the stone wall like that, is he even human? Nice animation lol

After the rocky episode 1 setup for this, this will probably be alright seeing how the mystery is happening now as it should be for a time travel series.

So Ange is a completely separate person who just pops up from time to time. She probably knows the most about what's going on.
Sep 24, 2018 10:29 AM

Oct 2015
CordobezEverdeen said:
I get it. This is a comedy anime right?
Everything aside from Destructor and his loli who calls him papa is so dumb and unconceivable to absolutely every degree.
That girl dodging bullets, the MC using his bullshit main character powers to literally vanish bullets that come into contact with him, the talking car (shit's dope tough!), the MC that is as dumb as Tomoko Kuroki when it comes to talking with people, the wall that somehow disappears when the robot atacks, the entire conversation between Donna and Andrei that's copypasted from every other anime out there and somehow its even worse.
This isnt a serious anime, this has to be comedy...

This line of thought is more interesting than the episode itself.

I still cannot grasp my head around that the director of Steins;Gate and character designer of Serial Experiments Lain came up with this.

I don't think I have the motivation to continue.
Sep 24, 2018 11:43 AM

Aug 2018
MegaApple said:

I don't think I have the motivation to continue.

Stay determined MegaApple!

I will 100% finish watching this just for the lolz.
Its so bad that its good. This anime would is perfect for an abridged version.

Just like i will watch SAO 3 for the lolz and to rant and trash on it with the necessary knowledge (criticizing without seeing the anime is for losers!).
I never lie on the internet. What's the point of it...
the chinese noodles ad is an anime and avatar isn't!
triggered

Check out my taste and my profile.
Sep 26, 2018 4:41 AM
Mar 2012
Robot action & soundfx surprisingly cool along with the OP.
Deride can climb two walls right after unfreezing, ok.
Ok quite better than ep1 almost like different director/studio did it.
Demoman & loli got a mean car & driving skills to match.
Ange & assassin seem interesting enough to watch.
Sep 26, 2018 11:18 AM

May 2018
Played out far better than the prologue episode but I'm not really sold. I'll watch the remaining two episodes and probably drop it afterwards.

The OP is...not that great.
Sep 28, 2018 5:22 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Demolition Man has the Best Car! Since there is no Best Girl.....it has to just be a car. Other than that....... nice songs...... it was subbed in English.......and that is all that was memorable. 6/10 and probably won't go much higher...... unless the car has more scenes.
Oct 3, 2018 10:23 AM

Nov 2016
Solid episode, not too great, but also not much wrong with it, interested to see where this will go.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 3, 2018 12:46 PM

Mar 2010
dang these robots aren't nice like the ones in Detroit

thank you to whoever that fixed the summary!

Mayuka is so cute
StardewOct 3, 2018 12:52 PM
Oct 3, 2018 1:48 PM

Aug 2012
81Koyomi_Araragi said:
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
*finds out she's dead*
F*ck!
We do not now she is dead. Donna may be Mage all grown up. Also I am pretty sure the little girl Ange is their daughter: Mage and Derida. So even if she is dead he will eventually go back and fix things.
Oct 3, 2018 1:49 PM

Aug 2012
Smudy said:
Love the OP, QUADRANGLE made the Joker Game OP btw.

It was mentioned here but i was like wtf when Derrida went up the stone wall like that, is he even human? Nice animation lol

After the rocky episode 1 setup for this, this will probably be alright seeing how the mystery is happening now as it should be for a time travel series.

So Ange is a completely separate person who just pops up from time to time. She probably knows the most about what's going on.
Ange is probably Mage daughter.
Oct 3, 2018 1:51 PM

Aug 2012
windeen-windy said:
"When development engineer Delida wakes up in the future from a cold sleep, his girlfriend isn't there... he decides to go back 10 years in time to "that incident" to keep his promise with her."

Who on ANN thought that was an accurate synopsis? And who on HERE was lazy enough to slap it on and roll with it?! I submitted a accurate synopsis for both devils line's manga and anime (though that was really poorly done) in early APRIL and have heard NOTHING for, or against, those entries. I'd enter a better one for this series, but I don't know what the point is. Since my other one was never approved or rejected.
Why can't MAL try a little harder to make a synopsis that is: 1) more accurate and 2) NOT full of possible spoilers?!

"Delida wakes up in the future"- that gives the impression that he's been asleep for 100 or so years!
" - His girlfriend isn't there..."- that gives the idea that she was his girlfriend BEFORE the sleep..... But she was 8 years old.
Taking that into account once you start watching it- that's just wrong. On so many levels. And if she's his girlfriend LATER, while that's fine with me, it would make that a HUGE spoiler in the synopsis!
Uh.... No. Just no. He made a promise with his best friend and told a child what she wanted to hear on her birthday. He's likely going back to: A) keep his promise with his friend. And B) save the world from destruction and clear their names.

Added to it, the rest of the synopsis all together is crap and still leading the reader on.
As it was, I was confused and not entirely sure I wanted to watch this, based on the synopsis. I only tried it because I was bored and I saw it on Crunchyroll.
I like it so far. I do. But it gets me really PO'ed when lazy work goes into these synopses.
Seriously MAL: are you trying to encourage people to watch it it dissuade them?!
I COULD write a better one (instead of just complaining)..... But seeing as the ones I wrote for the devil's line anime and manga never got any good or bad reaction from moderators.... I don't know if its even worth the time and effort to create a new synopsis if its just going to be ignored.

Would it be a spoiler?
Oct 4, 2018 11:43 AM

Mar 2016
I thought I finally finished all four episodes, and was about to watch episode 5, when I realised: this is just episode two. This is really tedious!!
Oct 4, 2018 3:11 PM

Mar 2009
nightcrawlercyp said:
windeen-windy said:

Would it be a spoiler?

Yes, it would.
If he ends up with her (romantically) later, it would be a spoiler. A BIG one!
She sure as hell wasn't his girlfriend BEFORE he fell asleep (as the synopsis suggests).
She was his best friend's 8 (let me emphasize: EIGHT ) year old CHILD.
And he showed no interest in her romantically or sexually when interacting with her at that age!
I usually don't mind age difference. But I do, when one party is an adult and the other is (WAAAAY) under the age of consent in Japan. That's just wrong. And that's what that synopsis is suggesting.
Oct 7, 2018 11:38 AM

Aug 2012
windeen-windy said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
Would it be a spoiler?

Yes, it would.
She sure as hell wasn't his girlfriend BEFORE he fell asleep (as the synopsis suggests).
And he showed no interest in her romantically or sexually when interacting with her at that age!
I usually don't mind age difference. But I do, when one party is an adult and the other is (WAAAAY) under the age of consent in Japan. That's just wrong. And that's what that synopsis is suggesting.

1. 18 is the age of consent everywhere and normally for women it should be 16 as then they exit puberty. but regardless due to the time laps there is no longer an age difference.
2. in theory what you said makes sense, but after he wakes up the age difference is not that big, and at this time she is an adult.
3. is not a spoiler but a hint.
Oct 7, 2018 12:29 PM

Mar 2009
nightcrawlercyp said:
windeen-windy said:

Yes, it would.

1. 18 is the age of consent everywhere and normally for women it should be 16 as then they exit puberty. but regardless due to the time laps there is no longer an age difference.
2. in theory what you said makes sense, but after he wakes up the age difference is not that big, and at this time she is an adult.

I'm talking about when she was 8. The age is consent in Japan is between the age of 13 and 16. But the fact that they called her his girlfriend in THAT way. Indicated that they were involved WAAAY before he fell asleep. That whole synopsis is lazy and misleading.
Did you deliberately misunderstand what I said before? Because I've attempted to be REALLY clear about what I was saying, and what my problems were with.
I'm not an idiot (I realize you did not call me one, but your comments implied that you were talking to one).
I know very well that 18 is the legal age everywhere.
I also know that once someone is an adult, the age diff doesn't matter (never mind that its not that big a gap now, since he did not age, while asleep).
However, he's gradually changing the past. So, unless there's a reason when all is said and done, for him to have still fallen into that sleep: it would be a VERY long time before she was old enough to be anything near a girlfriend.
My issues are with that half-assed synopsis and its implications.
I would just submit changes, but I did that in April for both the manga AND the anime for Devil's Line and I was ignored. No acceptance. No denial. And no way to ask if they even still have my submitted synopsis after the way the site went down. I have no idea who to contact to ask about it. So I'm not wasting my time trying to fix THIS one, when nothing happened with the other ones I sent in. I worked hard on them. And was completely ignored. It was submitted almost 2 months before the site went down. So I assume that it's still there. Anyway. That is why I was complaining about this. It seems to be the new trend EVERYWHERE on the net to get half-assed, ambiguous or completely inaccurate synopsis for anime in the last year and a half, and is getting worse. That's shy I was complaining about the synopsis.
Oct 7, 2018 9:43 PM

Aug 2012
windeen-windy said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

I'm talking about when she was 8. The age is consent in Japan is between the age of 13 and 16. But the fact that they called her his girlfriend in THAT way. Indicated that they were involved WAAAY before he fell asleep. That whole synopsis is lazy and misleading.
Did you deliberately misunderstand what I said before? Because I've attempted to be REALLY clear about what I was saying, and what my problems were with.
I'm not an idiot (I realize you did not call me one, but your comments implied that you were talking to one).
I know very well that 18 is the legal age everywhere.
I also know that once someone is an adult, the age diff doesn't matter (never mind that its not that big a gap now, since he did not age, while asleep).
However, he's gradually changing the past. So, unless there's a reason when all is said and done, for him to have still fallen into that sleep: it would be a VERY long time before she was old enough to be anything near a girlfriend.
My issues are with that half-assed synopsis and its implications.
I would just submit changes, but I did that in April for both the manga AND the anime for Devil's Line and I was ignored. No acceptance. No denial. And no way to ask if they even still have my submitted synopsis after the way the site went down. I have no idea who to contact to ask about it. So I'm not wasting my time trying to fix THIS one, when nothing happened with the other ones I sent in. I worked hard on them. And was completely ignored. It was submitted almost 2 months before the site went down. So I assume that it's still there. Anyway. That is why I was complaining about this. It seems to be the new trend EVERYWHERE on the net to get half-assed, ambiguous or completely inaccurate synopsis for anime in the last year and a half, and is getting worse. That's shy I was complaining about the synopsis.
Sorry but I really did forget to what you were refering originally. I agree the synopsis is wrong.
Oct 11, 2018 7:50 AM

Aug 2017
The talking car was so funny lmao. A bit better than the first episode but the show still sucks.

Mage is dead!! No way!!
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 13, 2018 3:41 AM

Apr 2015
Fairly good for a buildup episode, but I need more convincing.
Oct 22, 2018 8:30 PM

Jun 2014
Okay, if Mage's dead, then who woke Derrida up from cyrosleep? Perhaps she's still out there somewhere.

Nov 23, 2018 3:39 AM

Oct 2015
I'm fine with how the scenes are executed. My biggest gripe is the script. It's so fucking dog shit that I can't even take this show seriously
Mar 26, 2019 11:19 AM

May 2012
Pretty damn impressive development, really find it amazing in terms of pacing! Can't believe that Mage is dead... I do wonder what the cause was as that picture actually showed her "grown up", maybe this Ange is her doughter from the future?

Well a lot of questions and an interesting development! Let's see what happens next.
Mar 18, 2020 1:17 PM

Aug 2007
The ED makes me want the character’s to look like ABe’s designs so bad. It just looks like generic anime otherwise :/

Mar 14, 4:57 PM

Aug 2017
So now the girl Derida sees in those illusions called Ange, I'm curious about her story,
It's good Derida found some allies, hr found Yuri but too bad it turned out Mage is dead, I wonder what he'll do now.

More topics from this board

Poll: » RErideD: Tokigoe no Derrida Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2018

57 by Dekom »»
Mar 25, 6:07 PM

Poll: » RErideD: Tokigoe no Derrida Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2018

17 by Dekom »»
Mar 25, 1:06 PM

Poll: » RErideD: Tokigoe no Derrida Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2018

15 by Dekom »»
Mar 24, 5:47 PM

Poll: » RErideD: Tokigoe no Derrida Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2018

15 by Dekom »»
Mar 21, 6:29 PM

Poll: » RErideD: Tokigoe no Derrida Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2018

18 by Dekom »»
Mar 20, 5:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.