Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 2, 2018 2:12 AM

Oct 2010
I've always wondered ever since I saw the trinity of battle shonen. What do you, men and women of culture consider to be the best 3 echi anime. Please give some reasons. I am not that versed in this area but I'll give my impressions.

Keijo: for its ridiculousness and ass physics
Queen's Blade: extreme fetishes, lesbian rape
Ikkitousen: absurd plot, boobs everywhere
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 2, 2018 2:13 AM

Apr 2016
Free!
Kuroshitsuji
Haikyuu!!

The holy weapon of justice.
Oct 2, 2018 2:20 AM

Feb 2013
Panty & Stocking ~ the gainax classic
Yosuga no Sora ~ aka "basically hentai" and one of the few blood related imouto
HenSemi ~ much variety in sexual themed humor

honorary mentions: shimoneta (dystopian ecchi), monmusu (monster girl ecchi), valkyrie drive (yuri ecchi)

all of these take the genre into new and interesting ways further than dude tits lmao

Oct 2, 2018 2:27 AM

Oct 2013
easy
Zero no Tsukaima, To Love Ru and DXD
Oct 2, 2018 2:31 AM

Jul 2012
To Love Ru and DXD are easily top tier. The other slot is debatable but in terms of sheer popularity with a significant focus on sexual aspects or absurd boob physics Highschool of the dead is probably next imo.
GamerDLMOct 2, 2018 2:34 AM
Oct 2, 2018 2:34 AM

Oct 2010
@romagia interesting with panty&stoking, it's fun but, for me it's not that over the top echi fanservice.
@Swagernator if I were a girl those 3 would be in my favs.
Oct 2, 2018 2:36 AM

Nov 2017
Panty and Stocking, No Game No life and Kill la Kill.
Oct 2, 2018 2:53 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
GamerDLM said:
To Love Ru and DXD are easily top tier. The other slot is debatable but in terms of sheer popularity with a significant focus on sexual aspects or absurd boob physics Highschool of the dead is probably next imo.

Eh, in terms of like, an inter-subjective type viewpoint I kind of would wager that this guy is probably the closest based on my experience with other fans. If I were asked to predict 3 on a poll of people who just are really, really into ecchi I'd probably bet it'd end up being these three.

Though my personal trinity will be TLR as the centerpiece with Umishou and Magipoka on either side :V

Oct 2, 2018 2:55 AM

Jan 2018
To Love Ru Darkness
Shinmai Maou no Testament
Masou Gakuen HxH
Oct 2, 2018 3:01 AM

Mar 2015
Monogatari, Kill la Kill, Golden Boy
Oct 2, 2018 3:08 AM

Nov 2014
Personal opinion of the shows aside, I can't look past DxD and To Love Ru. Highschool of the Dead doesn't seem to have really withstood the test of time quite as well, but nonetheless will probably make the list.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Oct 2, 2018 3:22 AM
Apr 2018
Swagernator said:
Free!
Kuroshitsuji
Haikyuu!!

The holy weapon of justice.

None of them are ecchi
Or good anime

Catalano said:
I've always wondered ever since I saw the trinity of battle shonen. What do you, men and women of culture consider to be the best 3 echi anime. Please give some reasons. I am not that versed in this area but I'll give my impressions.

Keijo: for its ridiculousness and ass physics
Queen's Blade: extreme fetishes, lesbian rape
Ikkitousen: absurd plot, boobs everywhere

Masou hxh- grab them by the pussy the anime

Testment of sister devil- grab them by the pussy stepsisters verson

Seikon no qwaster- titty sucking “GOT MILK” the anime
Oct 2, 2018 3:24 AM

Oct 2010
Having read the posts, apparently toloveru and dxd are the best and the 3rd is debateble. Too bad prison school doesn't have more seasons.
Oct 2, 2018 3:26 AM

Feb 2018
Yuuna and the hot spring~censored echi
Prison school~comedy with craziness and echi
How not to summon a demon lord ~ elves, cat girls and so on.
kamlesh
Oct 2, 2018 3:27 AM

Apr 2013
I agree that DxD and TLR take the two top spots with the 3rd being quite open. For me personally it would be Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou.
Oct 2, 2018 3:41 AM
Apr 2018
KRPKAMLESH said:
How not to summon a demon lord

Shera BEST GIRL

INSERT EXTRA THICC MEME HERE

Gator said:
I agree that DxD and TLR take the two top spots with the 3rd being quite open. For me personally it would be Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou.

While I agree monster musume is good and did spawn monster series popular while spawning a ton lot of copycats

https://myanimelist.net/anime/33206/Kobayashi-san_Chi_no_Maid_Dragon?q=Dragon%20maid

https://myanimelist.net/anime/35823/Demi-chan_wa_Kataritai__Demi-chan_no_Natsuyasumi

https://myanimelist.net/anime/36906/Jashin-chan_Dropkick

I don’t think it’s top tier “top 3 ecchi of all time
ecchiharemgeekOct 2, 2018 3:47 AM
Oct 2, 2018 3:44 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
ecchiharemgeek said:
Gator said:

While I agree monster musume is good and did spawn a lot of copycat anime

https://myanimelist.net/anime/33206/Kobayashi-san_Chi_no_Maid_Dragon?q=Dragon%20maid

https://myanimelist.net/anime/35823/Demi-chan_wa_Kataritai__Demi-chan_no_Natsuyasumi

I definitely wouldn't be opposed to it being on there. I mean, putting aside my love for monster girl type stuff and how that took it far beyond nekomimi-type stuff and went full into it and actually used it as an element to really accentuate and make things sexy, it was just a bombardment of some good ecchi shots and ecchi comedy on top of just being a pretty chill show.

I probably wouldn't put it on a sort of "what would you guess the consensus would be" nor a "personal list" but tbh I feel like it has more of a place in that discussion than things like KLK or Monogatari, given how much it focuses on these elements as a driving, primary force, and does so pretty well that imo.

Oct 2, 2018 3:47 AM

Apr 2013
ecchiharemgeek said:
KRPKAMLESH said:
How not to summon a demon lord

Shera BEST GIRL

INSERT EXTRA THICC MEME HERE

Gator said:

While I agree monster musume is good and did spawn a lot of copycat anime

Well that's just my personal opinion, but I can't really find anything suitable to take the 3rd spot.

NGNL and Souma are just not ecchi enough.
HotD and Prison School are too short.

Kiss x Sis might actually be a good 3rd place. It's well known, has more than one season and is really ecchi.
Oct 2, 2018 3:58 AM

Jul 2015
GamerDLM said:

This is highly debatable, and I regret that every DxD lover out there acts as if the show was a de facto ecchi masterpiece.

As an anime, I found it unfunny, tedious, dragged out, kinda ugly and boring.
As an ecchi, I found it was prudish titillation for teenagers. Literally 99% of the "ecchi" is the girls going around with their huge titties barred. It's about as sexual as Ranma 1/2 in the 80's, and nobody ever treated Ranma 1/2 like fap material.

I'd like to know in wich world DxD's balloon tits on legs are more arousing that Golden Boy's bike scenes.
DeathkoOct 2, 2018 4:02 AM
Oct 2, 2018 4:14 AM

Jul 2012
Clebardman said:
GamerDLM said:

This is highly debatable, and I regret that every DxD lover out there acts as if the show was a de facto ecchi masterpiece.

As an ecchi, I found it was prudish titillation for teenagers. Literally 99% of the "ecchi" is the girls going around with their huge titties barred. It's about as sexual as Ranma 1/2 in the 80's, and nobody ever treated Ranma 1/2 like fap material.

I would disagree with most of the aspects you described. It wasn't like hilarious but it had its moments, i never found it tedious in large part due to the foundation of like the demon society and how they built the story primarily around that while managing to build the cast and give them proper focus. I would also say it was a very energetic series so I never found it particularly boring but then again I tend to prefer blatantly over the top series in general. Ugly I would just flat out disagree with but that's the purest level of subjectivity.

As an ecchi I would list it for a lot of the same reasons as To Love Ru the difference being To Love Ru focuses much more on the harem aspect turning the sci-fi aspects into a gimmick. While in DxD they're trying to balance the demons and harem aspect.
Both shows I would give credit to having large cast with generally attractive personalities or quirks. Both shows have the benefit of striving towards what seems to be a full harem ending so they can flesh out characters as much as they want without eventually caving into a main girl scenario (which is especially rare for anime in particular).

In terms of your description about the ecchi perspective I don't really see that at all. "Prudish" doesn't make any sense to me because if there's one thing the show does excessively it's own that aspect, whether it's the characters themselves displaying significant levels of confidence, or even as blatant as translating it into the main characters signature ability. So I would basically say it earns a top spot just with how unapologetic it is with the ecchi content at least.
GamerDLMOct 2, 2018 4:18 AM
Oct 2, 2018 4:17 AM
Apr 2018
You have to remember shows like Seikon no qwaster and
Manyuu Hikenchou That made shows like “list below” possible

Congintive said:
To Love Ru Darkness
Masou Gakuen HxH
ecchiharemgeekOct 2, 2018 4:20 AM
Oct 2, 2018 4:21 AM

Sep 2013
to love ru

rosario + vampire

highschool of the dead
Oct 2, 2018 4:23 AM

Oct 2010
I forgot about sora no otoshimono: two seasons, 1 movie, 1 manga, a lot of boobs and pantsu, top tier waifu (a guy from central america commited suicide to be with Ikaros).
Oct 2, 2018 4:48 AM

Jul 2013
ecchiharemgeek said:
You have to remember shows like Seikon no qwaster and
Manyuu Hikenchou That made shows like “list below” possible
Seikon no Qwaser deserves a mention at least . It's lewd elements are over the top and explicit, has an interesting setting and has a nice balance of action and ecchi (hell, the ecchi is an important part of the plot). The show is in a position between a ecchi and a borderline hentai.
Oct 2, 2018 4:58 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
To Love ru
Monster Musume
Panty&Stocking or KissxSis
Oct 2, 2018 5:50 AM
Aug 2016
Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Neon Genesis Evangelion and Texhnolyze
Oct 2, 2018 5:54 AM

Oct 2015
Well, the Holy Trinity isn't exactly solidified on the ground, but for me, then they are;

To Love-Ru
Monster Musume
Infinite Stratos/KissXSiS

however, it does pain me to pick ones in the first place, since I'm too much a sucker for ecchi. But for sure, To Love-Ru will not be arbitrary than the other two.

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,
𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫' 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔶 𝔪𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

Oct 2, 2018 6:04 AM

Apr 2018
Sora no otoshimono
Kore wa zombie
Haganai
Trinity seven
High school of the dead

All shits on high school dxd
Oct 2, 2018 6:17 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
GamerDLM said:
As an ecchi I would list it for a lot of the same reasons as To Love Ru the difference being To Love Ru focuses much more on the harem aspect turning the sci-fi aspects into a gimmick. While in DxD they're trying to balance the demons and harem aspect.

Eh, I wouldn't really compare the two and how they handle ecchi. Or I would actually, I think it can be a great illustration of different ways different series can handle ecchi given their reputations with ecchifags and how stark in contrast they stand to one another, so it'd be more apt to say that I just think that they're not really in the same boat.

Like, in DxD I do kind of see where the "it's primarily just exposure" comes from, albeit I hardly see that as anything to be negative about, and it also focuses more on solo single shots than TLR does on top of focusing on its battle shounen/demon elements in a way pretty distinct from its ecchi moments. Ecchi functions as the ecchi scenes by and large, even when they're related to the battles, and at most it's just clothes ripping. They're more straightforward about wanting sex in DxD than in most other H&E, but it can usually amount to stuff like watching girls change or exposing themselves to Issei somehow. It's....fairly standard ecchi, I just think it does it well, and that it's kind of offset by the explicit raunchiness of the female cast.

I kind of find TLR to be the polar opposite of that, actually - the sci-fi stuff is largely just a gimmick, yeah, and while there is some world-building and other type stuff, it's largely used in a way that's totally subservient to the ecchi to create the weird scenarios that kind of dominates TLR's ecchi gag comedy that wouldn't be plausible in a standard setting without the sci-fi elements, space age tech that turns people into panties and other ludicrously dumb shit that it just totally revels around in. Kind of like the inverse of "tie the ecchi into the narrative" thing, the other elements are just used to help push the ecchi (and to an extent the comedy) along, and I'd honestly be kind of surprised if somebody could interpret it as much else than being decisively about these elements first and foremost. As a result, it does tend to be pretty heavily scenario oriented with how it plays out its ecchi scenes, they also get drawn out a lot more, even with its more tame and less outlandish stuff. Which, yeah, I do think it has more envelope pushing scenes compared to DxD and it sets itself up in much stranger ways - kind of a necessity for something that, even when it's given something resembling an overarching narrative in Darkness, it does focus more on situational instances. I just don't see not doing that and being more "basic" as a problem with DxD, and find it to be good in its own right.

Feels like DxD is really kind of a good gateway to H&E for people who are kind of timid but interested, given how it handles a lot of stuff and balances out its psuedo-battle shounen elements with its harem/ecchi elements to temper one another, jam packs it enough with lewd stuff to be undeniably an ecchi, but handles its scenes by a dominant solo shot focus and doesn't go into the same levels of outlandish territory. TLR can be more like, everything there is about the H&E aspect and flows upwards into them rather than tempering off one another and it basically just revels in a lot of this stuff unabashedly without really trying to detract from that focus too much, if that makes sense, and I'm pretty sure Yabuki and Hasemi don't give an iota of a fuck if people are put-off by it or appealing to people who aren't explicitly wanting something H&E, and are capable of using that feeling to be more out there and lewder. Harem Keikaku ties into ecchi almost invariably, the tiny stuff like Lala's various scientific inventions or Run's shady galactic express orders and how they interact with the cast to create ecchi leads it to being something pretty drastically different in approach, both in focus alotted to it and in how the ecchi is framed and contextualized. TLR can be a lot more weird and out there at times, I just happen to think that's one of the great things about it.
ManabanOct 2, 2018 6:59 AM

Oct 2, 2018 6:37 AM

Sep 2014
Clebardman said:
GamerDLM said:

I'd like to know in wich world DxD's balloon tits on legs are more arousing that Golden Boy's bike scenes.

IDK, maybe in the world of different sexual preferences? I prefer the bare tits myself. Are you really trying to argue what is more arousing? I would rather ask in what world is it prudish or ugly, but whatever.

Anyway though, most of Golden Boy is the comedy, I don't think it's a good choice if you're in for ecchi first

Speaking of the 'big three' compared to the shonen one, then definitely DXD and TLR stand out as franchises a lot of people loved and spawned multiple season. No idea what should be the third tbh, maybe Rosario to Vampire? Not up to par and not as popular anymore, but then again, that has also been the case with bleach
Oct 2, 2018 6:54 AM

Jul 2017
I haven't watched enough ecchi anime yet, but probably for now:

To-Love Ru
Highschool DxD
Date A Live
Oct 2, 2018 7:02 AM

Apr 2015
Well by popularity, third place would probably be souma if you can consider it ecchi enough.
Oct 2, 2018 7:04 AM

Jul 2013
KissXSis
To Love Ru
And most recent Yunna and the hot springs

Trinity for Borderline Hentai:
Highschool DxD
Shinmai Maou
Masou Gauken HxH

Oct 2, 2018 7:14 AM
Sep 2018

• Pantsu no stocking
  • To love ru
  • Golden boy

Profile views make me feel loved
Oct 2, 2018 11:33 AM
Dec 2013
To Love-Ru (Darkness)
High School DxD
Oct 2, 2018 11:51 AM
Aug 2014
Keijo manga, though honestly I can hardly even recognize Keijo as an ecchi series at this point even with its ridiculous premise, so far as to that I literally forgot it was an ecchi series while reading it. Despite blatantly showing ass all the time, it rarely ever at all attempts to actually eroticize its characters or titilate the reader. It presents itself more like a straightforward sports series and displays its battles that employ tits and ass with complete deadpan seriousness. Special moves in-series are treated as legitimate techniques within the sport itself regardless of the fact that they often break physics or require superhuman abilities, but aren't gazed upon sexually by its audience which actually remains gender balanced and does not display arousal.
Oct 2, 2018 12:12 PM

Oct 2010
^ yes yes. If you read the manga you will be honored with the display of the Giga Boob Breaker.
Oct 2, 2018 2:25 PM
Jul 2018
OP u can't spell ecchi right
and most ecchi are lousy
Oct 2, 2018 2:36 PM

Oct 2010
^ Of course I can't spell, I even have problems writing in my own language.
If most ecchi are lousy, can you bring some not lousy examples? Please Please Me, like the title of a song.
Oct 2, 2018 2:45 PM

Feb 2010
Golden Boy, Cutey Honey and Futari Ecchi?

Just to represent the oldschool a bit.
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 2, 2018 4:48 PM

Jul 2012
@Lisbon
Yeah you pretty much went into a lot more detailed breakdown of To Love Ru than I did like I did mention it focused much more on the harem aspect (and by relation the ecchi aspect). In regards to scenario set ups I would say that's more in part to the structure of To Love Ru. Where DxD is primarily arc based like other let's say battle harems are so the individual character focus tends to be as part of a longer arc. Where To Love Ru is more often than not episodic which means it can pretty much just take a 1/3rd of an episode dedicate it entirely to setting up a scenario with whatever character they want, and then seamlessly shift to another character in the next part or even progress whatever overall narrative might crop up.

The one thing want to add though is To Love Ru early on is pretty tame in large part due to the source material being published in Weekly Shounen Jump. But it tends to get more risque both as the series became more popular (and the fact that Darkness moved to a different magazine which gave them a bit more room to work with).
Oct 2, 2018 6:16 PM

Aug 2016
In terms of holy trinity akin to the Battle Shounen's Big 3, that would mean the most popular "long" ecchis are going to be considered:

Monogatari (I consider it ecchi)
To LOVE-Ru
High School DxD

If you just mean my personal trinity, then:

Keijo!!!!!!!!
Golden Boy
Shimoneta
Oct 2, 2018 6:52 PM

Aug 2018
Golden Boy is the ecchi classic, from the 90s. Probably still the best ecchi ever produced.

After that, Love Hina. It's not great, but back when it came out, no one would shut up about it. The hype lasted for years.

And from recent times, Tsugumomo. Extremely underrated show. It's not a masterpiece, of course, but for a generic ecchi... it's really quite the ride.
Oct 2, 2018 7:57 PM

Nov 2017
Yosuga no Sora: In Solitude, Where We Are Least Alone. This anime is the line between hentai and ecchi. Be prepared before u watch it
Tomoya1Oct 2, 2018 8:00 PM
THERE EXIST IN THIS WORLD SOMETHING NO ONE HAS EVER SEEN
IT'S GENTLE SO VERY SWEET
THE GLIMPSES IS ALL IT TAKES TO MAKE A PERSON CRAVE IT
THAT'S WHY IT'S NEVER BEEN SEEN
THAT'S WHY THE WORLD HAS KEPT HIDDEN
MAKING IT DIFFICULT TO OBTAIN
BUT ONE DAY, IT WILL BE FOUND

BY THE PERSON WHO IS MEANT TO FIND IT. BECAUSE THAT'S HOW IT WORKS.
"

Oct 2, 2018 8:06 PM

Apr 2018
zieek said:
1. High-school dxd (anime fans feel that it's an anime that actually has "plot")

2. To love-ru (old, classic and long)

3. Saikon no Qwazer (my personal favorite)

"True Holy Trinity"
Now here are the ecchi legends, get ready.

Queen's Blade
Ikkitousen

And now you should use your imagination my choices for the 3rd anime would be (Rosario Vampire or Chobits)

Add shinmai maou no Testament as the third.. Now I feel the list complete .
Oct 2, 2018 8:06 PM

May 2015
Queen's Blade is part of the Trinity no matter what. It's like the Super Smash Bros. of Ecchi with all the different kinds of characters as well as having some of the most high-profile voice actresses in the anime industry.

The other two anime you can decide for yourselves. Some may say the two most popular ones though: DxD and To LOVE-ru, while others may refer to the classics like Golden Boy and Tenchi Muyo.
TarotistOct 2, 2018 8:15 PM
Oct 3, 2018 5:54 AM

Mar 2017
Can't argue with DxD and To Love-RU being most likely two of the top three ecchi anime; both are good. I think I can pick three besides those:
1. Familiar of Zero
2. Rosario to Vampire
3. I Couldn't Become a Hero So I Reluctantly Decided to Get a Job
Finally, there's my personal guilty pleasure:
4. Cat Planet Cuties
A møøse once bit my sister...
Oct 3, 2018 5:56 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Tomoya1 said:
Yosuga no Sora: In Solitude, Where We Are Least Alone. This anime is the line between hentai and ecchi. Be prepared before u watch it

I mean, I kind of want to push it as a hentai because the concept of somebody watching YnS as a hentai kind of amuses me.

Like, imagine man, lol. They want to go watch some porn, then get 3 episodes of character drama with some ecchi kind of sparse in-between, for a payoff of a soft sex scene at the very end of the character arc before it all resets due to omnibus format.

Oct 3, 2018 6:26 AM

Feb 2010
Lisbon said:
Tomoya1 said:

I mean, I kind of want to push it as a hentai because the concept of somebody watching YnS as a hentai kind of amuses me.

Like, imagine man, lol. They want to go watch some porn, then get 3 episodes of character drama with some ecchi kind of sparse in-between, for a payoff of a soft sex scene at the very end of the character arc before it all resets due to omnibus format.

Sounds like Futari Ecchi is closer to hentai, they had at least sex every episode :>
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 3, 2018 6:52 AM
Apr 2018
zieek said:
3. seikon no qwaster (my personal favorite)

Ahhhhhh I see you’re a man of culture
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spring 2024 my fav anime lineup yet! What is your fav series that is going under the radar?

rohan121 - 8 hours ago

13 by redorzo »»
2 minutes ago

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - 50 minutes ago

8 by Spunkert »»
4 minutes ago

» How you feel about non-Japanese entertainment/media using Anime art style?

Dragevard - 11 hours ago

30 by SgtBateMan »»
11 minutes ago

» Anime you only knowledges about is from the memes

Spunkert - 1 hour ago

9 by Dumb »»
30 minutes ago

Poll: » has the majority of people (here) seen the big 3 ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

ame - Apr 16

160 by Saiunknown »»
38 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.