Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 1, 2018 12:48 PM

Jan 2016
I was so hyped for this and it didn't let me down, I expected them to cover a bit more but it's alright.

This along with Shieldbro will be awesome! Isekais done right
Oct 1, 2018 12:53 PM

Sep 2008
I wasn't expecting them to drag this part out to fill an entire episode. It should be getting better from here if it's anything like the manga.
Oct 1, 2018 1:10 PM
Dec 2014
Havent watched it yet but not sure what I can expect from an MC who is basically a slime, hope he turns into a OP human or something cuz otherwise the harem wont be there heh.
Oct 1, 2018 1:23 PM

Apr 2015
Honestly, going in blind as always, I find this quite interesting in some ways. Didn't have any high expectations at the beginning but this has seriously intrigued me. Way better start than some Isekai anime's I have seen in the last year or so.

A tsundere Dragon was just too funny!

Seeing as this adaptation will get 24 epiosdes, this might not be so bad as I expected. I am definitely looking forward for more.
Oct 1, 2018 1:31 PM
Jul 2016
They showed Rimuru's human form on the first episode, idk, i'd call that a huge spoiler. When i first red this on the novel i got really surprised.
Also shizu is a qt animated, and i can't wait to see shion and gobuta.
10/10 anime
Oct 1, 2018 1:39 PM

Apr 2015
Hiruko_thirtySix said:

Knowing that its 8bit i thought we'd get like 30 chapters in the first episode LMAOOO.

That's why one should rather look at the individual staff involved rather than the studio. Gives a lot more insight on how a show might turn out :P
Oct 1, 2018 1:44 PM

Jan 2015
Fappa said:
Hiruko_thirtySix said:

Knowing that its 8bit i thought we'd get like 30 chapters in the first episode LMAOOO.

That's why one should rather look at the individual staff involved rather than the studio. Gives a lot more insight on how a show might turn out :P

you are 10000000 % right, but im just really wounded by rewrite adaptation even 2 years after. W-wait rewrite had a good episode 1 too as far as i remember, so lets hold the excitement for now and wiat for more.
But even on reddit someone noticed that the anime is being taken care of like a very caring mother cares for a newborn. And i felt that as well, so im more confident in a very amazing adaptation
Oct 1, 2018 2:01 PM

Dec 2013
Around 200 or 300 chapters into this LN methinks. I'm kinda glad they're slowing it down a bit to explain everything, but at the same time I'm worried just how much they'll actually get into the story given it's only 24 episodes...... There's so much world building to get to and so many characters and events to go through.

Hopefully they'll adapt at least up to the Labyrinth.... I'll be a happy LN reader if we get at least that far.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Oct 1, 2018 2:19 PM
Jul 2017
Well... Quite good start. I loved to see how the main character was dying and bleeding ( I havent seen it in any isekai since now), but also the story seems quite good, also the animation quite fluid and refreshing, also the character design seems pretty good. Let's see if that continues like this!
Oct 1, 2018 2:21 PM

Sep 2007
what's inside the hard drive?? why did he asked his friend to destroy it?
Oct 1, 2018 2:26 PM

Oct 2017
Sarah-Sama said:
what's inside the hard drive?? why did he asked his friend to destroy it?

Do you REALLY have to ask this question, considering your profile picture?

I'm sure most male in the current 2 generations want this wish granted when they die.
Oct 1, 2018 2:26 PM

Jul 2013
The tsundere dragon is going to be the best character, I can already see it. Didn't like much they changed MC's voice when he turned into a slime, but I guess it fits his new race.
Oct 1, 2018 2:29 PM
May 2015
And the most adorable MC has made their debut.
Oct 1, 2018 2:38 PM
Mar 2012
Hiruko_thirtySix said:
Fappa said:

you are 10000000 % right, but im just really wounded by rewrite adaptation even 2 years after. W-wait rewrite had a good episode 1 too as far as i remember, so lets hold the excitement for now and wiat for more.
But even on reddit someone noticed that the anime is being taken care of like a very caring mother cares for a newborn. And i felt that as well, so im more confident in a very amazing adaptation

Rewrite Episode 1 was alright, but it did suffer from god awful CG. Still feeling the wounds from that one, this episode was way better then Rewrites episode 1 regardless.
Oct 1, 2018 2:39 PM

May 2016
I think I'm going to like this anime. The MC is certainly someone I can relate to. I'm almost 30, never had a real girlfriend, and I live what some would say a far too simplistic life. Sigh... the sad and lonely lives of us nerds. :p
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
Oct 1, 2018 2:41 PM

Jul 2017
Not a bad first episode to be honest. I went in thinking it would be some comedy ecchi kind of show, but the pacing was chill here. A decent introductory episode.
Oct 1, 2018 2:56 PM

Mar 2018
Absolute garbage voice actor for a MC wtf why would they change it.. still a good isekai tho
poop
Oct 1, 2018 3:01 PM
Cherry Thighs

Apr 2013
TSUNDERE DRAGON - best character 2k18.
Oct 1, 2018 3:04 PM

Sep 2010
Rather disappointing - MC voicing is too childish and the way they handed atmosphere is plain bad. My guess - it will be typical "we wanted broader audience so we produced boring generic bullshit" -_-
Oct 1, 2018 3:06 PM
Jan 2016
Wow, this first episode was just awesome, i enjoyed a lot, i laughted a lot, i am really impressed about this show, with one episode i am hyped to see more!

When he was talking to the "system" and learning how his body as slime works, he just ate everything cause he had nothing to do!

His interaction with drake Veldora where really awesome too, i laughted a lot too! Seems the drake looks like a Tsundere! xD

His friend threw his computer to water, he just had to throw HDD, and could use stetup for himself!

This first episode for me is 10/10!
Oct 1, 2018 3:40 PM

Dec 2017
that skill acquisition sequence visual is the littest thing i’ve seen for a while, it’s like Bakemonogatari visual for a moment, how they incorporate it with real life image and stuff.

but i’ll expect the fighting scene will be better, please dont pull up an Overlord 3, at least for the first 12 episode or something

this is gonna be an interesting ride.
Oct 1, 2018 3:48 PM

May 2014
WHAT THE HELL

CONSIDERING IT WAS 8-BIT I'M THINKING IT'S GONNA BE SHIT

but oh my god, that production quality. And it's 24 episodes.

good lord thank you for this
Oct 1, 2018 3:53 PM

May 2015
I had no idea what to expect going into this, since I knew basically nothing about the source material beyond basic things. But this was fun. I don't know if I'll eventually watch all 24 episodes while they air or just wait for it to finish, but for now, I'm in.

Oct 1, 2018 4:32 PM

May 2015
I don't know how a ball of slime can be so cute but... it really was adorable.

I know nothing about the source material but I really enjoyed the first episode! It got a few laughs out of me and despite all the explanations I was still really interested. Looking forward to more and I'm glad it's 24 episodes.

ā™” artist
ć‚µć‚³
Oct 1, 2018 4:45 PM

Dec 2014
Pretty decent start.

I know the MC has to die somehow but they could've at least made it more convincing. Random man starts running on the street with a knife, stabs MC who gets in the way and runs away? Come on, we can definitely do better than that.

The part where he told his kouhai to erase his HDD was pure gold though, if this is supposed to be a gag series then I guess all the ridiculous stuff is fine.

Pretty exposition heavy first episode, lot of stuff regarding skills and world setup. Never a bad thing.

The tsundere dragon was amusing. xD

Production quality is pretty good as people have mentioned, let's see what comes of this.
Oct 1, 2018 5:06 PM

Jun 2014
8-bit sure love to end their opening/ending in a field of flower, not that I'm complaining.

As for the episode it was just great, I came with the lowest of expectation because of 8-bit and the first promotional art that had sketchy character design that were too moe too my taste but this episode just shattered all my expectation. Now if the 2nd episode doesn't drop in production value I'll be hyped for this one.
Oct 1, 2018 5:27 PM
Jul 2018
Started off with decent visuals and a shitty plot, then turned into an average comedy isekai with nothing to it
Oct 1, 2018 5:30 PM

Jun 2016
Wow, that was much more interesting and enjoyable than i thought it would be at first
Oct 1, 2018 5:50 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Well, it was nothing amazing but ... i actually didnt hate it ?

It was decent. The production definitly helped. I'm actually willing to try more.
DatRandomDudeOct 1, 2018 5:54 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 1, 2018 5:51 PM

Jun 2008
I had 0 expectations for this show but surprisingly enjoyed this episode. Slime is moe. Tsundere dragon is moe. I'd be fine if the show was just about them going on adventures together.

I hope this doesn't turn out to be a typical ecchi harem like most isekai shows.

Feb 2018
yup found my isekai of the season

and rofl
dragon tsundere im deadass
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jul 2007
Well, this was a bit different and interesting.
I think I will be watching this one.
Oct 1, 2018 6:09 PM

Nov 2017
Unlike a lot of Isekai shows,this one needed the info from the start about his abilities and such,or it may have got confusing later on.
Have to say though,I really enjoyed it,and I hope it keeps going in a similar fashion.
Can't wait to see what happens next,though I have read the translated LN so far.
Oct 1, 2018 6:11 PM

Jan 2011
this seemed like one of those everyone kinda hyped up , just been hopin for a half decent isekai and isn't that hard lol granted this one started off with the standard afair only difference he was brought back as a slime and befriended a tus dragon hopefully this offers a bit of a different approach to this over saturated genre (though i'm already worried about him getting a human form and already having a ton of strong skills..)

looks like Ryouma Ebata might have worked on some of the animation cool~!
Oct 1, 2018 6:13 PM

Jul 2014
This looks promising. I don't like to watch anime on Monday but I will give it a try.
Oct 1, 2018 6:25 PM

Mar 2014
it only looks promising in the beginning till the main transforms into a human body.
Oct 1, 2018 6:33 PM

Sep 2017
Ryuseishun said:
felipeliborio said:
Priorities

No matter the situation, keep focus on what is really important:

different people have different priorities in life, tbf

Underrated comment, we have a contemporary philosofer right here!

Decide once every certain number of years which members of the ruling class will oppress and crush the people in parliament: this is the true essence of bourgeois parliamentarism, not only in the constitutional parliamentary monarchies but in the most democratic republics
- The State and Revolution (September 1917), Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov "Lenin".
Oct 1, 2018 6:50 PM
Feb 2013
I read the LN and the manga and let me just say... HYYYYPPPPEEEE

The animation quality is decent nothing too outstanding but nothing too horrid. The VA is not that bad, slime!rimuru's voice is exactly how I imagined Satoru's voice sound like after reincarnation.

More importantly VELDORA..... ILYSM; this tsundere dragon is one of the very FEW tsunderes I actually like.
I kind wish they voiced some of Rumuru's tsukomi's when Veldora laughed (his 3 staged laugh kukuku-ahaha-AHAHAHAHA!) lmao.

Now I can cross off one LN that I wished was animated. Next one is "Kumo desu ga, nani ka?"

PS. 24 Episodes?!?!?! YASSSS
pop_rocks_kissOct 1, 2018 6:54 PM
Oct 1, 2018 6:57 PM

Oct 2015
First episode was funny, the dragon slime friendship should be entertaining.

Hope this will be great as this start.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 1, 2018 7:14 PM
Feb 2016
Just got to watch the subbed version...I love the manga of this one, but I really couldn't get to like the anime, it's not bad but not what I expected...
Oct 1, 2018 7:22 PM

Aug 2018
Why in the world people are putting reviews for 1 episode.
Some of those reviews arent even for the anime but instead for the manga...
I never lie on the internet. What's the point of it...
the chinese noodles ad is an anime and avatar isn't!
triggered

Check out my taste and my profile.
Oct 1, 2018 7:27 PM

Nov 2011
The fucking music during this episode though. Jeeze it was amazing!

I really liked it, also the episode answered a lot of questions I had. Like if he would get a body eventually and the use of his powers in this new world.

My guess is the"Summon" was the girl who was taken in the Fire in the very beginning.

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 1, 2018 7:44 PM

Jun 2017
Too much exposition dumps, but the weird presentation kept me watching.

I have literally zero hope of this actually being good but I guess I'll see where it goes from here. It probably can't be worse than some of the other isekai that's come out recently...
Oct 1, 2018 8:00 PM
Jul 2016
Holy shit i haven't seen such a strong introduction into an anime in ages. At first it thought this was just going to be another generic isekai trash, but it actually looks interesting. The characters introduced so far are nothing special but i love the dynamic of the slime and dragon.

Also the animation is spectacular and if they animate those fight scenes from the OP/ED (PLS DO) then i can see this becoming my second most hyped anime of the season; first is reserved for jojo part 5.
Oct 1, 2018 8:09 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
One of the best first episodes I've seen in a long time. Understand that I don't read a manga if it has an adaption, so while I know in general what happens, it's all new to me. Looks like it could potentially be the AoTS for me at this point.
Oct 1, 2018 8:23 PM
Sep 2018
I really love it.... The quality is superb kawaii slime hahaha it give me want more and more very love it šŸ˜
Oct 1, 2018 8:26 PM

Mar 2010
can't wait for next episodes/new characters
Oct 1, 2018 8:37 PM
Mar 2017
Very tragic the way this anime began, the MC is stabbed by a thief and this reincarnates in another world, decent enough. Rescue the MC's act to save his Kouhai, the boy was getting married and the MC sacrificed for the happiness of the couple, also the last will of the MC "I destroy the hard drive of my computer", could not stop laughing .
The MC reincarnates in a Slime that has the ability to acquire new skills and absorb all things he digest, not bad indeed, I would like to see the slime fighting skills, not his human form,but I would like in its slime form.
The encounter with the dragon was different and funny, that tsundere side did not bother me, on the contrary it seemed funny to me.
I see a good future for this anime, I read that it is the adaptation of a WN and LN, so I will try to read them, they also mentioned a manga that I will also look for, in one of those I got more excited about watching this anime, I did not plan to see it at the beginning , but I saw many positive comments, I gave it a chance and it fulfilled my expectations.
PS: Kouhai is a good friend, he complied with the will of the MC and promised to name his first son with his name, this boy has my respect.
Oct 1, 2018 9:09 PM

Feb 2011
Seem I'll have to prepare myself for an excessive amount of horned characters. I'd prefer they be more scares than what I saw in the ED. Almost made them seem like the majority of the population. Humans seemed like the minority unless there's smaller races.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Oct 1, 2018 9:09 PM

Mar 2018
This wasn't in my planned to watch list this season, but after my first day at work i decided to watch it for relaxing... it was a good idea.

Lost it with tsundere dragon
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Jiharo - Feb 11, 2019

227 by GavrocheN7 »»
Yesterday, 5:17 AM

» rimuru is the bad guy

Rukasumi - Apr 11

2 by felixsifuri »»
Apr 12, 11:53 AM

» Help my fellow weebs

Lonely_kun - Apr 5

27 by Puntosmx »»
Apr 7, 4:54 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2019

287 by iggggi »»
Apr 7, 5:21 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2019

202 by BlueQuartzFibre »»
Apr 3, 8:37 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.