Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 29, 2018 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Whoa, this is a bit interesting..I mean, could this be the real opening song they were aiming for from the start?

Regardless, the finale episode had the Phantom Thieves trying to make their escape. Too bad Ren got captured by the police. The finale didn't impress me much with the mind games and drama going on.

I guess this series was just underwhelming to me in the end, or at least what I had expected.
Sep 29, 2018 8:59 AM

Nov 2007
OP using different video for final ep. centering around the main guy?
https://twitter.com/P5_anime/status/1046063955305791488

So that lady came to see him on her own will, because the police said to say at home.

That politician main guy met is another few people believing the group.

According to the detective guy, someone who was part of the police team leaked the info. about the world, and someone big lead them to the world. He volunteered to save him himself.

Back to lady questioning. So they were expected to go to the room, so the cellphone's delivered.

Everyone else is waiting like detective guy instructed them to.

Detective guy showed his true color and killed main guy! So he's the spy.

Then special ED.

tsubasaloverSep 29, 2018 11:46 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 29, 2018 9:34 AM

Oct 2014
^I didn't watch any episode since episode 7 or 8, but I see, so this series' regular broadcast ended exactly on the cliffhanger that I expected it to. Now waiting for all the specials/OVAs to wrap up the rest of the story... which still makes up 2 entire arcs.
Sep 29, 2018 9:54 AM

Jun 2013
Ishihama... So this was his actual opening, it's beautiful.
We don't deserve him.

As it's Ishihama, this episode direction was amazing. I felt the suspense of the episode, the characters' emotions, the plot twists and everything I should had felt to make this episode enjoyable for me, wonderful work.

It was obvious that that dude was evil.

My final thoughts about the series, unfortunately, aren't incredibly positive as on this episode, the series had a lot of episodes that were really underwhelming to me, the action was really plain sometimes and the soundtrack isn't enough to have made it interesting. Fortunately, it's episodes like this that made me enjoy this series as a whole.

I am looking forward to the continuation.
MrMushinSep 29, 2018 10:21 AM
Sep 29, 2018 10:36 AM

Jun 2016
I can't believe this was the final episode, what a horrible ending.
Sep 29, 2018 10:46 AM

May 2010
i was looking forward to the twist that i know from the game and this is how they end it???

im done. fuck season 2. 3/10
Sep 29, 2018 10:49 AM
Apr 2009
i hope they "take their time" with production of Persona 5 last part, the next arc and especially the final arc. Its the most epic and mind fucking as it get !
Sep 29, 2018 10:54 AM

Dec 2014
That was awesome, I was expecting it to end here as well if it was 2 cour and that's exactly what they did. I guess we now wait for the special to continue the rest of the story.

The OP was amazing, like wow. I loved how Ren is just sitting on the train and they just show the entire cast one by one.

Overall, of course the anime was never gonna live up to the greatness of the game but it was still really enjoyable. While there were some production issues and some glaring pacing issues which they honestly can't avoid since they're trying to fit a 100 hour game into an anime it was still pretty decently done overall. Perhaps my bias for the game is made me enjoy this a lot more but that's that.

8/10, gimme more of that OP goodness in the specials.
Sep 29, 2018 11:00 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Love the new visuals that feature the cast and the confidents. A riot squad within the palace huh. Wonder what they were told when they entered it. Its nice that we got to see the reactions the cast had to the news of the arrest. So the series only ended at that point huh. Looks like the series may be continued with two more special episodes then judging by that cliffhanger.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2018 11:01 AM

Jul 2012
Decent season ending, liked the new OP. But overall pretty much how you expect the game adaptation will be. Obv rushed lots of stuff, the awakenings didn't feel that impressive and the animation was sometimes just painful to watch.
Waiting for the OVA/specials, hope it will be around 6 episodes (quite a lot of stuff to cover). Enjoyable, but quite dissapointing. 6/10
Sep 29, 2018 11:02 AM

Sep 2011
So finally they used an "actual" OP instead of recycled scenes OP... on the LAST EPISODE.

Sep 29, 2018 11:06 AM

Feb 2014
Though the possibilities were there from the start, I still can't comprehend Akechi to be the Wild card when he had the Robin Hood persona.
Damn that was a mind boggling personality change at the end moment.
Now just need the continuation to start soon.

Btw does someone have the gifs for this episode?
dasprnSep 29, 2018 11:11 AM
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Sep 29, 2018 11:14 AM
Jan 2017
To all of you that are bashing on the ending, did you wait until the VERY LAST 3 seconds? If not, watch it again.
Sep 29, 2018 11:25 AM

Jul 2017
This ending just insulted me. I hope somehow everything can be clarified in the special that's coming soon. I have a slight thought that Ren survives that though so we'll see.
Sep 29, 2018 11:25 AM

Feb 2008
POG, what hell happen here?

I guess this is bad ending of game right, but what a hell start with that.
BlackbirdSep 29, 2018 11:29 AM

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Sep 29, 2018 11:35 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
For 2-cour, they ended it where everyone thought they would. But still, the ending is so troll for those who don't know the story/haven't played the game. I liked this adaptation way more than most people. Pacing-wise, it's actually better than the P3 movies and P4A. Like, each story arc got 3-4 episodes, while P4A was like 2 episodes iirc. Not to mention that they covered a lot of confidants too. I think the real problem isn't the pacing, but rather, it's the directing and editing. The scenes themselves are well paced, but they don't flow well. Episodes that covered multiple confidants felt like it was jumping all over the place. The pace is fine, but there's no flow to it. Even though P4A was rushed, it made that up by adding a lot of extra character interactions and goofy, silly moments. P5A lacks that because the staff wasn't creative enough. Because of this, P5A comes off as more by-the-book than P4A. And the lackluster directing caused certain moments to lack impact too. Akechi's reveal in this episode was actually well-done though. And the visuals are pretty bad for the most part too, on-par with P4A.

Overall, it's a 6/10 like almost every other Persona anime I guess (haven't properly watched the other ones though). The special episode later this year must be long to cover the rest of the game. At least 6-7 episodes worth of material. Anything less, and the pacing will be even more rushed than the Kamoshida palace.
Sep 29, 2018 12:12 PM

Aug 2017
A new version of the opening lol. The anime ends with a cliffhanger.

Average adaptation. It had interesting original scenes that improved some plot holes from the game but the dungeons were pretty bad and rushed. The show is not over yet. 5/10 for the anime so far.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 29, 2018 12:18 PM
Jul 2018
I haven't caught up, but there is a special coming up that connects to this. Sooooo yeh.
Sep 29, 2018 12:20 PM

Jun 2014
Well I suppose it's not much of a surprise that Akechi was evil. He gave off shady vibes just about every time he was on screen.

Also, can someone who played the game tell me if this episode was rushed? Because it felt incredibly rushed to me.

This show wasn't that great tbh. I've heard how long the game is, so it kind of makes sense that the adaptation would suffer, but I just didn't really care for or enjoy this one compared to P4 (it's been a long time since I watched that though, so maybe it's time for a rewatch). There was a lot of hype surrounding this adaptation, and while I tempered my expectations to make sure I didn't blindly buy into said hype, this still felt quite underwhelming.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 29, 2018 12:25 PM

Mar 2012
Nexu said:

Can somebody else elaborate on the situation here?
At the end of each episode, there has been an 'episode' count. In the last episode, 25, we could clearly see it hit AT LEAST 29. I noticed there are specials announced later on. I don't get it... Are we getting specials that span 4+ episodes?
Sep 29, 2018 12:26 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Disappointed. Never lived up to its hype. Best thing about it were the character designs.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 29, 2018 12:45 PM

Jun 2010
the heck is wrong with that ending. so disappointing huh
Sep 29, 2018 12:45 PM

Sep 2015
Crazy ending, but i'm really curious is with what the fuck was happening with Makoto in that last scene of the new opening. She seems to be really suffering in that bed. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Sep 29, 2018 12:56 PM
Mar 2017
It was more than obvious that Akeshi betrays them, the detective is always scum and no deal is good for them, especially Akeshi who thinks he's so special, but that last three seconds were clear, they cheated the stupid Akeshi and now Ren and his companions will go after the scum for which Akeshi worked (the fucking old man who is Sae's boss is one of them and the bald politician who wears glasses too)
It was a final OK, not the best, but it gives way to a new season or OVA, so I hope the real outcome will come soon.
Sep 29, 2018 1:13 PM

Jan 2017
The last thirty seconds of this episode was better than the previous twenty five combined. lol The show wasn't terrible or anything, it just felt really uninteresting most of time.
Sep 29, 2018 1:21 PM
Jul 2011
How can they end the anime here? long live the game
Sep 29, 2018 1:22 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
thebrentinator24 said:
Also, can someone who played the game tell me if this episode was rushed? Because it felt incredibly rushed to me.
Nah, I'd say it's actually less-rushed than all of the other story episodes. In the game, this content was only 15-20 mins too. They added some extra scenes too, like when Akechi was talking to the Phantom Thieves.

TheAlmightyPTGod said:
How can they end the anime here? long live the game
Special episodes finishing up the anime will come out at the end of the year
Sep 29, 2018 1:57 PM
Jul 2018
SparkleDuck said:
Nexu said:

At the end of each episode, there has been an 'episode' count. In the last episode, 25, we could clearly see it hit AT LEAST 29. I noticed there are specials announced later on. I don't get it... Are we getting specials that span 4+ episodes?

It was announced by the end that there will be a special coming out soon, soooo... the ending was done on purpose I guess?
Sep 29, 2018 2:00 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Lmao thats such a troll end.

Will most likely watch the special at the end of the year but the anime was average af.

5/10.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Sep 29, 2018 2:04 PM

Mar 2016
Persona 5 is one of my favourite game games for PS4. I was so hyped about this anime until i saw 26 episodes ... immediately i thought how they are going to do it... well they didn't.They skipped some of the best parts of the game and "finished" the storyline at 60% where there was a whole 40% more to show .... . If you want to experience this masterpiece just buy the game or watch a walkthrough from youtube... dont waste your time like this

Sep 29, 2018 2:33 PM
Jan 2015
WTF just happened! I totally thought he was going to be saved the entire season so how did this happen!!
Sep 29, 2018 2:49 PM

Jul 2016
I feel bad for anime-only's, this is such a troll ending.

They used the actual OP on the last episode, wow. I hope they at least use it in the BDs of the second half.

Funny how the episode is called "I won't let it end here".

We'll have to wait, I guess.
Username57Sep 29, 2018 2:52 PM
Sep 29, 2018 3:00 PM

Sep 2014
I can understand why ppl can be negative about first arc, bcs it was sooo rushed, but the rest of Persona 5 was at least good. There was no chance to made this anime with all content from game in 26 eps. Some scenes are better than ingame, some worse, but still that's no reason to make hate. Personally I lke the way as they did the anime after Kamoshida palace and I love completely the characters here, same as in-game. Only one trigger for me were the All-out atack which don't rly suit into anime.
I was so hyped for this anime and I wouldn't say I'm disappointed. First of all I didn't expected something unbelivable good. I wanted get animation of the game which follows the plot and that was done and I'd say it was done pretty well (except Kamoshida)
About the ending... They have to end somewhere about that and it was the best moment to do it. Rest in OVAs. (If so, sorry for eng. grammar I tried my best :x)
*Screaming scene Makoto&Futaba was awesome.
*Ep with my girl maid Kawakami was awesome.
*Last version of opening was also awesome.
Sep 29, 2018 3:07 PM
Mar 2016
lol
they use bad ending as anime ending :D
i want to look how many ppl will upset about this ending :D

well this anime only a promotional anime for who didnt play the game
i think Atlus know how bad A1 is and they just left them to make bad anime
and Atlus will say "anime pretty bad yeah? if you want know about good shape of P5 and real ending, just buy the game and play it"
:V
NdanHMSep 29, 2018 3:16 PM
Sep 29, 2018 3:24 PM
Sep 2017
What the fuck with that ending why we got bad ending and not true ending, is just a complete bullshit and as i saw this is it, no explain about the false god, eta verse final showdown, a complete a waste of time i just hope it was like persona 4 which a nice adaptation from game, wow it just wow, i still dont get it tough why bad ending when we have a good ending, and a true ending just why
Sep 29, 2018 3:35 PM
Aug 2013
I really like how they ended it here and especially the extra scene with Akechi really rubbing salt into the wound. You will soon see why.

Even the anime only viewers have all the clues they need right now, but if you cant figure it out just wait until the special adapts the rest of the game.

All in all it was a decent adaption for a over 100 hours long game and it covered the most important parts for me personally at least, so a 7/10 I would say.

Just hoping they take some extra time with the rest, since you cant really shorten the upcoming parts much.
Sep 29, 2018 3:38 PM

Jun 2014
I knew they would end it there, but in EP. 25 we saw the episode count go up to 29. So I am taking it that the year end special that was announced will cover the true ending of the game!

Loved it and makes me want to play my new game plus now! 9/10!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Sep 29, 2018 3:42 PM

Feb 2017
wait, WHAT ?????? what the hell was that ending ???? definetly did not enjoy this anime. wow. just w o w. ending was just very disappointing to me and i felt like it came out of nowhere. i feel like i still have so many questions too.

placeholder text
Sep 29, 2018 3:51 PM

Sep 2011
Terrible adaptation and just overall lackluster especially in the fight scenes. Glad I got the game and played it before watching this.
Sep 29, 2018 4:09 PM

Sep 2011
So we finally reached this point! This new OP version is great, and that ED credits with just Akechi walking away after doing what he did was really cool too. Wait, what, is it over? Like this? Oh... There's more coming up!
Sep 29, 2018 4:44 PM

Feb 2013
Looking at the replies here...
I am appalled. Is this your first ever Anime?
You actually believe they wouldn't show the true ending at some later point in time?

What the hell is wrong with humanity?

The Anime itself was really bad to meh on average. A solid 5 or 6/10 I suppose.
The final episode was actually well done for once.
Sep 29, 2018 5:25 PM

Mar 2016
Wait... WUTTTT? Since when was he a bad guy? Did I missed something or was it a fake ending? That post credit scene was weird... And wasn't this supposed to continue? Is it gonna have a season 2 or something?
Sep 29, 2018 6:00 PM
EDM ❤

May 2012
When season ends with a cliff hanger. *excuse me what the fuck?*
Sep 29, 2018 7:13 PM

Jul 2016
It's not the bad ending, guys...

But it seems there will be a single special this year? I wonder if it's even going to be a continuation.

And what happened to the last two BD volumes?

Anyway, play Persona 5.
Username57Sep 29, 2018 7:34 PM
Sep 29, 2018 7:41 PM

Oct 2015
The OP was absolutely crazy, I'm surprised it took them so long to include it the anime.

Episode was really good, slower paced than I had imagined, thought they'd reuse the first 5 minutes of episode 1. It's nice how the traitor reveal was handled differently. In the game he just appears to Sae in front of the interrogation room, while in the anime they added a scene where Akechi planned on saving Ren.

A note for people (both anime-onlys and people who've seen the game), the ending scene was included in both the bad ending and true ending, except the true ending follows on from it.

Overall, the anime didn't start off really well. It had good animation for the first episode but the the directing and pacing was poor for the Kamoshida arc. After that it had a bumpy ride, before ending on two solid episodes.

My two biggest complaints on this series would firstly be the animation, which was obvious and Ren. As a silent protagonist he was pretty cool in the game, but it doesn't translate well into an anime, where a vast majority of his lines were thrown in just to have some sort of presence within the cast. There were hints of characterisation in the first few episodes with him being very conscious and defensive of his criminal record, but it dropped off really quickly. He doesn't have to be talkative, but I want him to have a set personality and a role in the cast rather than the one who handles the unnecessary lines, which I felt was handled really well in the case of the P3 movies.

Despite the series' shortcomings, I'll definitely be checking out the specials coming out later. The studio does seem to make some improvements over the 26 episodes, so I won't expect them to be too bad. I think 2 movie length specials, 1 for each of the remaining arcs would be a good way to cover the rest of the story.
Sep 29, 2018 8:46 PM

Sep 2010
I stopped watching this series halfway through, but seeing gifs of it and stuff on tumblr I can tell its no where near as good as the game.

If I were to rate it I would give it a 5/10
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Sep 29, 2018 9:18 PM

Aug 2017
I'm pretty disappointed they didn't finish the games story in this season. Even though so much of it was rushed, fitting 100 hours of gameplay into a 10 hour anime is just impossible I guess.
Sep 29, 2018 9:28 PM

Jan 2013
quite a common trend this season where shows end in a cliffhanger. (even tho i played the game already)

doubt this will encourage anime-onlys to (at least) look up playthroughs on youtubefrom where it left off
Sep 29, 2018 11:26 PM

Dec 2010
Philemon does his thing again.

Can someone familiar with the persona series explain the blue butterfly in Makoto's eye?

What died? Or who died at that point? Makoto?

It usually means someone died as shown in the previous games like P3.
Sep 29, 2018 11:28 PM
May 2018
SparkleDuck said:
Nexu said:

I always though that they used the 'episode' count as a clever way to use game aesthetics in the ED. The beginning of the first ED also used aspect of the game to create a unique ending visuals. As for the specials I don't know how many there will be but there is still a lot of the story to tell which I can't imagine being covered in only a single episode.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2018

40 by ArctiKFox »»
Apr 14, 11:37 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2018

32 by ArctiKFox »»
Apr 14, 11:14 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 13 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

6 by ArctiKFox »»
Feb 21, 10:27 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 12 Discussion

4 by ArctiKFox »»
Feb 16, 5:13 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 9 Discussion

6 by ArctiKFox »»
Jan 9, 7:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.