Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 22, 2018 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ok, so the Phantom Thieves decided to make their move on Nijima’s Palace.

Wasn't too impressed by this episode. They made Sae look like someone not to be trusted although the action was okay. The Phantom Thieves had their hands full though. One thing I am somewhat impressed by the is the stylistic music of this episode.

Sep 22, 2018 9:00 AM

Nov 2007
They finally got point, but was suggested to change the card.

Trial is like gambling...

Wow... get into her room needs huge amount of coin.

Shooting training w. little kid. Then winning various battles alone.

She's not letting them enter, though.

Detective guy somehow kept that first card, and charged "welcome" fee.

Sending note and action between one day? Sister in pain.

Hiding the treasure and do final battle. While battle they call out to her, who is stronger than any other w. dark minds.

After defeated her, they realized other police (finally back to ep.1?).

And that change of eps. at the ending has 27, 28, and 29? Tokyo MX schedule just confirmed that ep.26 is final ep.
http://s.mxtv.jp/bangumi_pc/?date=20180929&time=24
tsubasaloverSep 24, 2018 10:47 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 22, 2018 10:42 AM
Jan 2018
They've been using that goddamn placeholder opening for like 11 episodes now and its just cringeworthy as fuck. Its almost like if they afford an actual opening.
Sep 22, 2018 10:43 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

Love the montage of the palace and the parts where Joker remembers his social links .
Don't cry Makoto.:(

The fight against Sae was really cool.

There's a small post credit scene so make sure not to miss it.
Sep 22, 2018 10:59 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Sae's shadow is based off a warped version of Japan's famed conviction rate huh. It's nice they showed the palace's solo arena though. Akechi sure proved to be a real asset in clearing the way to the treasure. The fight against Sae was impressive with the combo between Makoto's heartfelt words and the actions to stop Sae's shadow being a perfect match. So the law finally arrives to arrest them.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 22, 2018 12:02 PM

Jul 2017
Music was awesome, everything else was mediocre. Art continues to look shit.
Sep 22, 2018 1:33 PM

Aug 2017
I like seeing how all the Confidants are helping Joker. The battle with Sae is good.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 22, 2018 3:42 PM

Sep 2011
The pace was frenetic, but I rather enjoyed it, I just love when they mix the heist of the palace with some scenes with the social links, especially if I can see Iwai, even if just for a split second. lol But I still hate the patronizing way Akechi judges Sae's pain that leaded to her distortion, but well, the story finally reached its turning point, and I can't wait for the next!
Sep 22, 2018 7:57 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Koyomi-senpai said:
They've been using that goddamn placeholder opening for like 11 episodes now and its just cringeworthy as fuck. Its almost like if they afford an actual opening.
It's been changing up a bit. Every time a new Phantom Thieves member joins, they're added to the OP.
Sep 22, 2018 7:59 PM
Jan 2018
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Koyomi-senpai said:
It's been changing up a bit. Every time a new Phantom Thieves member joins, they're added to the OP.
Yes I know but it's still recycled scenes with a filter on. It's annoying as fuck.
Sep 22, 2018 9:15 PM

Apr 2013
The anime has been mediocre but IMO I think they did the Sae Palace fairly well. I really enjoyed the showdown with Sae(being one of the longest too. Correct me if Im wrong)

Sep 23, 2018 1:06 AM

Feb 2014
I'm happy with how Sae's palace was handled overall. Sure, Sae's fight wasn't as long as I thought it would be, but they did a good job with it regardless. It was filled with some good animation as well, too. =)

Another thing I liked about this episode was how Ren's confidants was able to help him through the palace overall. Same goes for the politician, Taro, who's probably one of my favourite non-main character confidants in the Persona 5 game.

Koyomi-senpai said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Yes I know but it's still recycled scenes with a filter on. It's annoying as fuck.

If it's been annoying you for this long, just skip it already until, if they do so, make changes to it. The Ancient Magus Bride did the same thing for it's 2nd opening with re-used animation until the last episode where they finally changed it, so who knows, CloverWorks might do the same here.

Either way, I'm very much looking forward to how the episode gets adapted. =)
Sep 23, 2018 2:12 AM

Sep 2011
Koyomi-senpai said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

Honestly, I agree with you. An OP with recycled scenes on certain episodes is just a big down for me and frankly it's just pathetic.

Sep 23, 2018 2:43 PM

Sep 2008
1 episode left? I can't even imagine how much they will butcher and squeeze in one episode...
Sep 23, 2018 6:48 PM

Oct 2015
DaRk5nAk3 said:
1 episode left? I can't even imagine how much they will butcher and squeeze in one episode...

They probably won't butcher it. Just going to end it at a certain point which I assume will be
Sep 23, 2018 6:56 PM

Oct 2015
This episode's one of the better ones so far. Animation and art were still lacking, but the fight was pretty good, the Phantom Thieves had some good teamwork in bringing down Sae. The all-out attack was by far the best in the anime, they probably animated it using cg and panning still images, but it was interesting.

So according to some people there's going to be only 1 episode left, which I can see happening given where we are right now. From my previous comment I mentioned where I think it will end at, I don't have much to worry in terms of pacing. The art and animation will hopefully be a lot better seeing as the studio will likely reuse the clips from the beginning of episode 1.
Sep 24, 2018 3:45 AM

May 2016
Hmmm I think the other episodes gonna be OVA.
Seriously this show was waste of time, this story is more fit for the game.
Sep 24, 2018 7:56 AM

Oct 2008
I thought Sae's gonna be hard to defeat but all-out attack huh...sound like no strategy...but cool episode nonetheless!
4/5.

Sep 24, 2018 8:05 AM

Oct 2017
The animation quality , sequence, and camera gotta be the worst of the worst throughout this series.

This episode seems rushed, with very low quality presentation, animation, camera, detail.
Nijima boss is literally a bad immersion breaking CG animated as poorly as possible.
Lots of so-called dynamic scenes look so static when characters are in action too.

One of the best palaces / bosses in the game turns out to be dog-shit like this, sigh... A1 Picture at its finest.

Was hopping P5A to be good since EP2 and it just getting worse and worse.

Shows that no-one watch/ bothered like Gundam Build Driver has much better animation than this .

I was still giving the whole series in general a 4/10 due to some slice of life episodes being abit better, but so far almost all the Palace/ combat are dog-shit, and character model keeps getting worse and worse.

Ventus_SSep 24, 2018 8:10 AM
Sep 24, 2018 8:07 AM

Oct 2017
matias067 said:
I thought Sae's gonna be hard to defeat but all-out attack huh...sound like no strategy...but cool episode nonetheless!
4/5.

A1 butchers all Sae boss fight mechanic.
Sep 24, 2018 11:20 AM

Jan 2018
JUUSEE said:
DaRk5nAk3 said:

They probably won't butcher it. Just going to end it at a certain point which I assume will be

Nope from the looks of it it will take the game ending
Sep 24, 2018 1:49 PM

Mar 2015
ArjunAugusto said:
JUUSEE said:

Nope from the looks of it it will take the game ending

Sep 26, 2018 6:55 AM
Cherry Thighs

Apr 2013
I'm still confused on how the police managed to catch Joker in real life even though they would have been in Sae's cognition. I haven't played the game so I don't know. Guess I'll find out.

Is Persona 5 really going to end at 26 episodes? Or is it going to do a Satsuriku no Tenshi and release the rest on the internet but not live broadcast? I can't see it all being rushed in one episode but I guess we shall see.
Oct 19, 2018 11:53 AM

Jan 2015
Joker now being alone... If I remember well he was running alone in the first episode.
Mar 14, 2019 9:07 AM

Apr 2011
So now we know who the traitor is which the show didn't even try hiding it.
Jul 14, 2019 8:37 AM

Oct 2009
Kinda excited to see how they'll handle next episode ngl
Oct 10, 2019 8:09 AM

Mar 2015
One episode left and definitely not enough time..
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 2, 2020 12:57 PM

Jul 2015
Akechi handled the coin problem pretty smartly. Good battle against Sae with everyone having their part. Bit confused how this is going to tie in with the beginning of the first episode showing how Joker is going to get caught by the real world police even though he now is in the metaverse.

Apr 25, 2023 3:38 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
At least Sae is defeated... the adaptation could genuinely stop next episode if they get the November 20th bad ending xD

More topics from this board

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2018

143 by ArctiKFox »»
Apr 15, 12:54 AM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2018

40 by ArctiKFox »»
Apr 14, 11:37 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2018

32 by ArctiKFox »»
Apr 14, 11:14 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 13 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

6 by ArctiKFox »»
Feb 21, 10:27 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 12 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

4 by ArctiKFox »»
Feb 16, 5:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.