Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 22, 2018 7:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
First episode is out now on Crunchyroll
http://www.crunchyroll.com/rerided-derrida-who-leaps-through-time/episode-1-the-place-he-awakened-777320

I think this has an interesting premise so far as we first meet protagonist Derrida. An interesting question is about "what's the key to time travel?"

The most mysterious character is definitely Mage so far. So many questions right now but it's just the first episode so hopefully more will be answered. I see Derrida and his father has a rather tense relationship though so I'm more curious if the show will explore more of that.

First episode seems like a nice setup for the season.
Stark700Sep 22, 2018 7:57 AM
Sep 22, 2018 7:30 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
First four episodes are out, wow. I guess we'll be waiting for another month for the fifth episode.
Sep 22, 2018 7:41 AM

Apr 2014
GoldenDevilGamer said:
First four episodes are out, wow. I guess we'll be waiting for another month for the fifth episode.
Sounds good considering this season is packed!
Sep 22, 2018 9:04 AM

Jun 2013
Great premiere for the series.

When I read the summary I thought the story is going to be cliche but even if it is a bit, the first episode's story managed to engage me.
I find the thrilling scenes very enjoyable, I definitely feel the suspense and the mystery theme.

Very interested in Mage mysterious character, her character might be the main plot point of the series.

4/5 I will hold back my expectations, but this first episode was great, I hope they can stay on its level.
Sep 22, 2018 9:20 AM

Sep 2017
Ok so first of all the directing is a bit all over the place with weird shot choices, but the premise is nice. Let's see where this goes, but my expectations aren't exactly high.
Sep 22, 2018 11:57 AM

Feb 2016
miguitronik said:
Ok so first of all the directing is a bit all over the place with weird shot choices, but the premise is nice. Let's see where this goes, but my expectations aren't exactly high.

My thoughts exactly, a lot of things are all over the place, but the premise is interesting. I really hope it is like this because the anime got its first 4 episodes earlier than expected.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Sep 22, 2018 12:07 PM

Dec 2014
Intriguing first episode.

Mage doesn't seem like just any kid.

Andrei was clearly an idiot.

The part where Derrida falls into the cyro chamber felt a little contrived but overall good start, I'm interested.
Sep 22, 2018 12:27 PM

Jul 2017
That was a very interesting first episode. Direction could've been better but if it does improve, this could be a very nice show for the Fall 2018 season.
Sep 22, 2018 2:22 PM

Jul 2013
Was an interesting first episode, definetely hooked me for the series. Wonder how they are going to handle the time travel thing if they go to the past, though.
Btw, why Andrei looks like Trump?
Sep 22, 2018 2:48 PM

Sep 2012
Illyricus said:

Hhahahah first thing that came to my mind.
Sep 22, 2018 2:53 PM

Jan 2018
Really liked this first episode, it was already pretty intense and intriguing and I'm excited to see more. Not sure why Derrida just crawls into a random pod for no reason tho lol.

Illyricus said:

You might be on to a big plot twist or something. Maybe it's Trump after he discovers the key to time travel.
Sep 22, 2018 3:25 PM

Jul 2013
Tubbyman said:
Illyricus said:

You might be on to a big plot twist or something. Maybe it's Trump after he discovers the key to time travel.
Wew. Top 10 anime plot twists indeed.
Sep 22, 2018 4:50 PM

May 2018
Seriously, they've aired this a bit too early?????
Sep 22, 2018 6:44 PM

Aug 2018
Lelouch0202 said:

The part where Derrida falls into the cyro chamber felt a little contrived but overall good start, I'm interested.

This part made me legitimately think if i should drop the anime right there...
Hopefully there will never be another scene like that again (well the car shooting also is beyond stupid...).
I never lie on the internet. What's the point of it...
the chinese noodles ad is an anime and avatar isn't!
triggered

Check out my taste and my profile.
Sep 22, 2018 6:54 PM

Jan 2015
HereticHunter said:
miguitronik said:

My thoughts exactly, a lot of things are all over the place, but the premise is interesting. I really hope it is like this because the anime got its first 4 episodes earlier than expected.

I thought i was the only one who thought of that lol

Funny thing is that i thought its a movie at first, yes 4 episodes didnt turn me off (sometimes movies are separated in 4 parts so its easier to watch or something? :D) but wow it turns out to be a seasonal, so why the hell do we have 4 episodes out already even tho it says its gonna air on Oct 4??? Well fine then, im not complaining lol.

So i went in blind, got kinda turned off by sci-fi and futuristic world and especially robots (fuck them) thats the main thing i hate in animes. And especially when i learned that robots took over the technology 7 years earlier (yeaaah)hope we never get to this in our world...

So he found a bug in a robot (i wonder how, unless he is a genius) but Mister Trump doesnt like it so he tries to shrug it off and then assasinates his father and tries to put the death on him. O-ok. I guess futuristic world doesnt have cameras everywhere on streets that will show the truth. But i guess he controls everything? everything everything?

The last paqrt intrigued me, a human against machine? should be fun, how will he try to revert everything.

It looks fairly good considering its a new stjudio too

Mod Edit: Merged double posts
NoLiferSoulSep 26, 2018 11:09 AM
Sep 23, 2018 12:47 AM

Mar 2010
Did i miss something? who is his girlfriend lol

nathan and mage seems cool

edit.
Ok its not just me... Someone fix the anime or summary please lol
StardewSep 23, 2018 3:38 PM
Sep 23, 2018 3:28 AM
Sep 2016
To be fair the creators said if this turns out to be a total train wreck just understand it came from a place of love..or something like that
and to pay attention to what's going on
Haven't watched it yet but lol...I can tell it won't be a visual masterpiece XD
1.1.Six
Sep 23, 2018 3:53 AM
Jul 2010
Came for the intriguing premise, staying for a couple more episodes... but man, as the first episode this was a terrible way to start. Way too generic, some plot points were just horrifically written and the way the characters behave is completely unpalatable. They have no depth. All adults behave like cringey teenagers, Andrei seems to be doing bad stuff for the sake of it... and Mage - a... child? - is the only one behaving in a mature way, so far as testing time jump theories as an elementary schooler.

I hope some things will be explained further on, because if they at least don't explain how this Deridude, after taking a shockwave from a car explosion and falling from a cliff, manages to survive, only to find a facility in the middle of a forest where he inadvertently puts himself in criostatis... then I'm sure this was written by a Deritard.
Sep 23, 2018 4:59 AM

Feb 2016
That ending was really forced, they could have certainly put more logic in there...
It has potential though.

Not a fan of the mysterious OP loli trope, but we will see...
Sep 23, 2018 5:06 AM

Aug 2012
i'm confused. synopsis says girlfriend. who? the little girl???? o_O

someone else always have what you want, but it usually means nothing to them...
Sep 23, 2018 6:37 AM

Mar 2017
It was supposed to come out on October 4. Right? Why 4 episodes so suddenly?
Sep 23, 2018 7:35 AM

Dec 2008

I haven't seen deus ex machina of that magnitude in a long time. This aside, i'll watch rest just to see what happenes next, the premise is interestsing, but I cannot shake off the feeling that this is going to end in a very generic plot that could've been decent about 10 years ago.
desuminatorSep 23, 2018 11:02 PM
Sep 23, 2018 10:29 AM
Sep 2016
Minar-kyun said:
It was supposed to come out on October 4. Right? Why 4 episodes so suddenly?

For reasons Crunchyroll was given the go ahead to release the first 4 episodes
..it's still going to air on Japanese TV on the assigned date
1.1.Six
Sep 23, 2018 11:24 AM

Jul 2015
It was fine i guess, nothing special though. As others stated the part that the MC got into the cryo pad was lame and forced.
Sep 23, 2018 3:07 PM

Nov 2014
I maybe a dropasaurusrex but I am really surprised at just how terrible this episode was and that anyone would consider watching a second episode.

Only question I am left with is was Mage or her father “the girlfriend”?
Sep 23, 2018 3:35 PM
Jan 2018
Choostopher said:
I maybe a dropasaurusrex but I am really surprised at just how terrible this episode was and that anyone would consider watching a second episode.

Only question I am left with is was Mage or her father “the girlfriend”?

Exactly.
There were little to no redeeming qualities.
TodAboTSep 23, 2018 3:44 PM
Sep 23, 2018 4:20 PM

Mar 2012
What's with the hate so quickly? lol
Sep 23, 2018 5:41 PM
Jul 2011
This first episode was pretty fun to watch! What a nice surprise for the new season!
I`m not really sure about the animation quality... it could be better, right? Anyway, nothing that bothers me.
Sep 24, 2018 6:41 AM

Mar 2016
Am I the only one seeing this, or does the villain's design really resemble Donald Trump?

The name Nathan confused me quite a bit, because it sounds a lot like Nee-san in Japanese. (Imagine if there was a male character named Sister.)

I am not very sure, but shouldn't Mage be written as 'Meiji' in Japanese? They call her 'Maaju' here, which-I think- is how Marge would be called in Japanese. Writers should really make names clearer so that the audience doesn't get too distracted by it.

I can't say much about the story. It seems boring so far and I disliked almost everything about it. Well, I had the same reaction to 'Satsuriku no Tenshi' as well, but I love it right now. Hope I can like this too. I only watched it cuz the cover art looked cool. The actual art isn't as good, though.
Sep 24, 2018 8:29 AM

May 2016
FuMomo-kun said:
Am I the only one seeing this, or does the villain's design really resemble Donald Trump?

Thank God, I'm not one who thought this :DD
-
Sep 24, 2018 10:24 AM

Oct 2015
Well... no noticeable aBE influence here... And it looked really low budget based on the first episode.

However, whoever did the soundtrack was REALLY into it. It sounds really impactful at places.
Sep 25, 2018 2:23 AM
Nov 2016
I haven't watched this and probably won't because I see a lot of people complaining but damn, this anime barely came out and people are shitting on this already. I bet they were expecting another masterpiece like Steins;Gate and got disappointed.

I really hope this anime pull off what Steins;Gate did, a slow start but an awesome second half because I also found the first few episodes of Steins;Gate uninteresting but I"m glad I stuck around to experience the awesome second half and because of that it became my favorite anime.
Sep 25, 2018 5:46 AM
Jan 2018
xZabuzax said:

I really hope this anime pull off what Steins;Gate did, a slow start but an awesome second half because I also found the first few episodes of Steins;Gate uninteresting but I"m glad I stuck around to experience the awesome second half and because of that it became my favorite anime.

This show didn't have a slow start. So many things happen in the first episode.

It was still terrible.
Sep 25, 2018 6:31 PM

May 2018
I'll be blunt: I'm not impressed by any means yet. But dropping it now would be unfair as the "fun" seems to start at the next episode.
Will give this 2 episodes more to do better, otherwise I'll stop there.
Sep 26, 2018 2:55 AM
Mar 2012
Well, trailer was cringey & awkward, so this was consistent.
Both adult scientists had random teenage anger outbursts, while the most mature was birthday girl. All the names sound confusing, man-Sister, Mage/Witch, and... Deride?
Even with hitech cars his driving skill was abysmal.
Some poor camera/action with the car rolling and other framing.
Deride goes from a super safe cliff slide to trip loudly into sleeping posture in a cryogenic chamber. He must be mind controlled, oh wait he's guided by the Witch.
The good parts were fantastic intense osts, ... and Trump.
Sep 26, 2018 1:04 PM

Aug 2013
Seems really promising. A lot happened in this episode. The only thing which I didn't like was that horrible 3DCG used for cars.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Sep 27, 2018 3:50 AM

Aug 2013
All I can say is...what the fuck was that?
Don't believe the hype.
Oct 3, 2018 12:19 AM

Mar 2013
Hmm it caught my interest.

I just hope that his friends daughter doesn't end up being his love interest... that'd be fricken weird and revolting.
Oct 3, 2018 9:37 AM

Nov 2016
Nice premise, indeed, but most people are absolutely right, the directing seems so random. Still a fine start overall.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 4, 2018 3:17 AM

Jun 2017
Soooo
-Derrida is a weird name
-The story is full of mistery and there are a lot of things to speculate on , it seems to be a good mistery too
-I like how the dialogue is written
- The story feels well layered
-It's kind of fast, almost too fast, i wish it'd have spent more time on the world and the characters but we have time
-The animation is good, but some of the drawings are off and the CG is weird
- The cryosleep is forced, i can understand wanting a rest after What happened, but not in this way

Overall, interesting first episode which sets up a lot of things, some missteps but I liked it

1/10 not a Christian Anime
May our sweet and Merciful Madoka be with you
Oct 4, 2018 8:35 AM

Sep 2018
This show seems interesting. The animation is...strange but it's a new studio on a budget so I'm sure I'll get used to it.
The only weird thing was how he acted so surprised when he started to freeze. It genuinely looked like he went in there on purpose.
I'll keep watching this, it seems to have lots of potential.
Oct 6, 2018 11:41 AM

Apr 2015
Not really promising, run-of-the-mill near future SF setting, lots of forced dialogue exposition, mediocre visuals, flat dialogue. Nothing special. Having said that it's tolerable so far, so I'll give it some more weeks.
Oct 6, 2018 11:52 AM

May 2015
I guess, it's not going to be a good anime. Barely managed to finish this episode and nothing seems interesting or worth continuing so I'll drop it now.
Oct 6, 2018 5:33 PM

Sep 2017
So I thought the PV's looked really interesting and I like the premise but this episode wasn't executed too well. A lot of stuff happened and the direction was not great. Would have liked a slightly slower paced first ep to set it up.
Oct 7, 2018 6:44 PM

Jun 2014
So, when the car explodes he goes flying, falls down a hill without breaking any bone (wtf), wanders through a forest until he falls down a ventilation shaft (wtf+), into an abandoned cryostasis lab that still has power (wtf++), he unintentionally gets inside a cryopod that automatically holds him down and activates for a 10 year cryosleep (wtf+++).

Then somehow that lab still has power 10 years later and he is completely healthy after waking up (he was not before going to to sleep).

They seriously couldn't think of something that made even a remotely small amount of sense?

Cazador75Oct 7, 2018 6:48 PM
Oct 11, 2018 3:55 AM

Aug 2017
Disappointing start.

Derrida just happening to fall into a cryogenic freezer and arrive 10 years in the future sucks. Seriously, it's just too forced. The animation is weak, for example, the car shooting. The pacing is too fast, even we have two characters dying in the first episode. The first episode could have been two to meet the characters and, more or less, the world. Also, wtf that scene with Mage showing up and for some reason choose to wait it out???
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 12, 2018 7:18 AM
Oct 2018
Wtf was that first episode.

Things wrong:
Air vent (On the GROUND, without grates, in a FOREST)
Insects and animals could fall and crawl in the vents while water can also flood in a forest. In this case, a human.

MC survives a car crash, an explosion, cliff fall, and air vent fall. No broken bones, besides a concussion from the crash. The first incident. No major injury from the explosion, gun fire, cliff and vent drop.

Slips right into a cryostasis tube. Most importantly, decides to LIE DOWN on this weird looking table after voicing his resolve.

Man-children. Successful man still throwing tantrums and assumptions. A good way to do it would be like Darren Cross from Ant Man.

Its interesting, but it the directing of the premiere was shite. As someone who can only watch a few animes nowadays its not worth investing my time.
Oct 22, 2018 8:01 PM

Jun 2014
It appears that the Mage girl is still alive, and she left the pocketwatch and a note for Derrida. It looks like some bad things have happened during his time in cryostasis.

Oct 25, 2018 9:26 PM
Jul 2011
That was good! MAL ratings is so misleading, this show is better than I expected.

I noticed a lot people nitpicking this show I had to check if this thread is for episode 1. Seriously, do it on episode 2 or so before complaining.
Nov 21, 2018 4:02 PM

Mar 2016
Cazador75 said:
So, when the car explodes he goes flying, falls down a hill without breaking any bone (wtf), wanders through a forest until he falls down a ventilation shaft (wtf+), into an abandoned cryostasis lab that still has power (wtf++), he unintentionally gets inside a cryopod that automatically holds him down and activates for a 10 year cryosleep (wtf+++).

Then somehow that lab still has power 10 years later and he is completely healthy after waking up (he was not before going to to sleep).

They seriously couldn't think of something that made even a remotely small amount of sense?

Thats what i was going to say too.... also how did he even saw what everything was going on in the town , when it was soooo far away..... .

Anyway i think the directors after the scene with the car they gave up trying to do something good

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » RErideD: Tokigoe no Derrida Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2018

57 by Dekom »»
Mar 25, 6:07 PM

Poll: » RErideD: Tokigoe no Derrida Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2018

17 by Dekom »»
Mar 25, 1:06 PM

Poll: » RErideD: Tokigoe no Derrida Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2018

15 by Dekom »»
Mar 24, 5:47 PM

Poll: » RErideD: Tokigoe no Derrida Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2018

15 by Dekom »»
Mar 21, 6:29 PM

Poll: » RErideD: Tokigoe no Derrida Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2018

18 by Dekom »»
Mar 20, 5:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.