Forum Settings
Forums

Production Staff of 'Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai' Announced

New
Sep 18, 2018 7:41 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The official website of Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen (Kaguya-sama: Love is War) revealed the series' staff members and the first key visual (pictured) on Wednesday. The anime is scheduled to air on MBS, Tokyo MX, BS11, Gunma TV, Tochigi TV, Chuukyou TV, and TV Niigata beginning January 2019.

Staff
Director: Shinichi Omata (Mamoru Hatakeyama) (Sankarea)
Series Composition: Yasuhiro Nakanishi (Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu script)
Character Design: Yuuko Yahiro (Toji no Miko)
Chief Animation Director: Yuuko Yahiro, Hiroshi Yakou (Grancrest Senki), Yuuko Hariba (Gakusen Toshi Asterisk animation director)
Prop Design: Takayuki Kidou (Demi-chan wa Kataritai animation director)
Art Director: Risa Wakabayashi (Hataraku Saibou)
Color Design: Kanako Hokari (Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata)
Director of Photography: Masaharu Okazaki (Fate/Apocrypha)
Editing: Rie Matsubara (Nisekoi)
Music: Kei Haneoka (Owarimonogatari)
Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa (Sora yori mo Tooi Basho)
Sound Production: Magic Capsule
Studio: A-1 Pictures
Production: Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai Production Committee

The romantic comedy manga by Aka Akasaka began serialization in Miracle Jump in May 2015 before switching to Young Jump in March 2016. Shueisha published the 11th compiled volume on Wednesday. The manga currently has over 2.4 million copies of its compiled volumes in circulation.

VIZ Media licensed the series in English and published the fourth volume on September 4, with the fifth volume planned for a November 6 release.

Source: Anime! Anime!
VindstotDec 19, 2021 2:40 PM

Sep 18, 2018 7:48 PM

Sep 2011
1: thank god christ its not shaft
2: holy shit the rakugo director
3: hope to god its 2 cour so we can get to some of the good shit, I love the manga but I really think it starts to get exponentially better around and after the fireworks chapter, which i dont even think it'll get to on 1 cour let alone past.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 18, 2018 7:51 PM

Apr 2014
Amazing staff. Glad an ex shaft director is handling this
Sep 18, 2018 7:52 PM

Apr 2012
@JizzyHitler @_Ako_ Why are you so glad it's not Shaft?
Sep 18, 2018 7:53 PM

Feb 2015
RobertBobert said:

Mhhh seems like my brain didn't function properly...

I'm actually quite sad that it's not SHAFT, one of the series with highly anticipated head tilt... :(
Sep 18, 2018 8:02 PM

Dec 2015
Well then, I guess I can have hope now that this will be good.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 18, 2018 8:26 PM

Sep 2011
RobertBobert said:
cause I simply think their style would likely be unbefitting of the series especially if they tried to get too surreal/experimental with it which would detract from the underlying humor and impact of it's eventual more dramatic scenes.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 18, 2018 8:31 PM

Apr 2012
JizzyHitler said:
cause I simply think their style would likely be unbefitting of the series especially if they tried to get too surreal/experimental with it which would detract from the underlying humor and impact of it's eventual more dramatic scenes.

That is, would you prefer a simpler, but accessible romantic comedy?

_Ako_ said:

Mhhh seems like my brain didn't function properly...

I'm actually quite sad that it's not SHAFT, one of the series with highly anticipated head tilt... :(

Ah, in that case, I apologize for the misunderstanding.
Sep 18, 2018 8:31 PM

Mar 2015
why people expecting shaft? look what they done to nisekoi...

this is character antics comedy love com with rich character and atmosphere with mundane settings... it's anything but shaft... (unless they change what they usually do, at least visually)

A-1 + romance mix is not bad.. as long they not rushed and expected to do cheap production by production comittee...
KumaSep 18, 2018 8:35 PM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 18, 2018 9:13 PM

Dec 2017
okay, this was slated in 2019, seeing A-1 already got their hands on 4 cour Alicization and Fairy Tail, im afraid they will did this anime dirty, but i hope not
Sep 18, 2018 9:51 PM

Oct 2017
Kuma said:

this is character antics comedy love com with rich character and atmosphere with mundane settings... it's anything but shaft... (unless they change what they usually do, at least visually)

A-1 + romance mix is not bad.. as long they not rushed and expected to do cheap production by production comittee...

Shaft has a pretty wide variety of style, maybe you should watch more shaft shows. Afaik people expecting (or at least they was) because of how well they handle comedy. And I was expecting shaft because of how well they handle tone shifts as shown in 3-gatsu.

But I'm fine with A-1 really

And btw wdym by Nisekoi, most ppl said that was the case where the source material was really bad.
Sep 18, 2018 10:20 PM

Oct 2012
Good director and series composition. Hope it doesn't deviate too far from the source.
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Sep 18, 2018 11:36 PM

Mar 2015
Nitpic said:
Kuma said:

Shaft has a pretty wide variety of style, maybe you should watch more shaft shows. Afaik people expecting (or at least they was) because of how well they handle comedy. And I was expecting shaft because of how well they handle tone shifts as shown in 3-gatsu.

But I'm fine with A-1 really

And btw wdym by Nisekoi, most ppl said that was the case where the source material was really bad.

yes, i know, shaft has variety if style, but it's overall lack of realism and mundane atmosphere... this series doesn't need to be "stylish", it's simply need to be straight, with attention to detail with exageration problem while not lost the naturalism touch...

shaft adaptation of nisekoi killed SOL and explicit character interaction completely because try to be stylish and made dialogue more complicated than necessary... nisekoi, while i do admit wasn't that good, however shaft achieve to made it even more boring than dragged manga....

shaft is not bad studio per se, but my record with their series is frequently bad, especially with series that has simplistic approach or story telling with not much of rondomness... something i wouldn't want to watch with this...
KumaSep 18, 2018 11:50 PM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 18, 2018 11:48 PM

Oct 2017
Eh, I think it's just a matter of subjectivity.
Shaft is my favorite studio, and they almost always know what to do and it works most of the time. So... Opinion I guess @Kuma
Sep 19, 2018 12:10 AM

Mar 2015
Nitpic said:
Shaft is my favorite studio, and they almost always know what to do and it works most of the time. So... Opinion I guess @Kuma

yeah,it's metter of subjectivity in the end. but my experience with original source and my experience with shaft just doesn't mix. something absurd like sayonara zetsubou sensei or arakawa under bridge is my thing, but not nisekoi or kouduku grafiti.
Sep 19, 2018 12:10 AM

Mar 2015
Nitpic said:

yeah,it's metter of subjectivity in the end. but my experience with original source and my experience with shaft just doesn't mix. something absurd like sayonara zetsubou sensei or arakawa under bridge is my thing, but not nisekoi or kouduku grafiti.
Sep 19, 2018 12:15 AM

Nov 2014
tbh I'm kinda worried after hearing this will be done by A-1, but after seeing its key visual and staff, it seems like they'll do it earnestly

To-Do List:

• NOTHING

Sep 19, 2018 12:22 AM

Apr 2015
I get it, the source material invites Shaft's surreal visual quirks they like to put in. Well for most people "Shaft" is just Shinbou without knowing so they probably wouldn't get what they want anyway.

In any case I very much prefer A-1 with this staff lineup here. Shaft is haunted is extremely poor scheduling and organisation that leads to disastrous production issues. What I want from this show are visual quips yes but also consistency in its delivery. A-1 has the benefit of leading a very flexible and open production policy. For some that may be a downside as their shows can turn out this or that way due to that but I see it as a great benefit especially when people with connections are involved.

I mean if you look at this you have an interesting mix between freelancers, established people and even a little Shaft alumni reunion.
Sep 19, 2018 12:55 AM

Jul 2015
Some reviews say the female lead turn to a generic tsundere later in the story
in the other hand i love smart characters

not sure if i should watch it or not
Sep 19, 2018 2:04 AM
Feb 2018
Shaft is a bit too generic now with them copy pasting monogatari onto everything and they also ruined Extra so Shaft can burn in hell
Sep 19, 2018 2:21 AM

Feb 2013
tragedydesu said:

your fetish with tsundere is amusing as always
Sep 19, 2018 3:26 AM
Oct 2016
tragedydesu said:

she is,later on became kind like a tsundere. but done right, not like those shitty tsundere who always abuse the MC
Sep 19, 2018 3:35 AM

Aug 2017
tragedydesu said:

Yeah she is a tsundere but character development is amazing and

RNG best girl!!!
RNG best waifu!!
RNG is life!Long live RNG!
Sep 19, 2018 5:17 AM
Jul 2018
At one hand I'm glad it isn't Shaft because to be honest they wouldn't fit the series as they usually tend to put their experimentations with looks and stuff in shows that wouldn't work much. I'm not saying they're bad, but I don't see it benefiting the series.

On the other hand though... I don't like the staff at the slightest amount. Aside from the designer or production I'm skeptical within the director and script writer. I don't really enjoy the director's works much, as the only one I did liked was Sankarea (then again he was under a different name at the time so). Shouwa was just not that great personally (due to the pacing of the story ruining any sort of reason for me to care about it) and Grancrest Senki is a mixbag.

While I don't necessarily think it's awful, it is definitely not something I'd consider "good" by my own standards of liking. It's decent, maybe enjoyable to some extent but... that's it. And the script writer hasn't done much either aside from few episodes of stuff, and even then those episodes I've noticed are episodes that I don't particularly enjoy with the exception of maybe Idolish7.

So... yeah I'm going to be cautiously optimistic for this one, especially since I don't really like the main people so far, despite not being horrible, I just don't trust them all that much.

At least the Shaft thing was KINDA true? Then again, not really. He's an ex-member or an ex-SHAFT person, which is still kind of a confirmation? Idk.
Sep 19, 2018 5:37 AM

Apr 2011
It looks great, I love the character design for the two leads. Definitely gonna watch this.
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Sep 19, 2018 6:12 AM

Sep 2011
tragedydesu said:

eeeeehhhh kind of a stretch, the entire premise is they are both trying to get the other to confess whilst deluding themselves into not thinking they just want the other, later on its more just they overthink everything when they they to make moves and always shift to showing inner thoughts where they are just losing composure on the inside over everything.

If anything more kuudere than tsundere.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Sep 19, 2018 8:38 AM

Jul 2015
Knowing, that A-1 makes best rom-coms in the industry and with such a cast, anything less than a masterpiece is not possible.

Sep 19, 2018 10:20 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
marmondesu said:
tragedydesu said:

she is,later on became kind like a tsundere. but done right, not like those shitty tsundere who always abuse the MC
doesnt matter if you say that its a tsundere done right, if you say the word tsundere, hes gonna trash talk the anime even if he didnt try it and move on.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Sep 19, 2018 10:36 AM

Apr 2015
@JizzyHitler There's no Miko Iino in the key visual so it's probably 1 cour.
If it isn't anime's original, then I believe they most likely going to end it with the fireworks. It's in volume 5 so they should be able to manage it.
Sep 19, 2018 2:17 PM

Sep 2011
421cookies said:
@JizzyHitler There's no Miko Iino in the key visual so it's probably 1 cour.
If it isn't anime's original, then I believe they most likely going to end it with the fireworks. It's in volume 5 so they should be able to manage it.
Miko is really far in the series, so much so to the point where 2 cour might not reach her if they are only adapting 2 or 3 chapters an episode.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Sep 19, 2018 5:14 PM
Oct 2016
DatRandomDude said:
marmondesu said:

doesnt matter if you say that its a tsundere done right, if you say the word tsundere, hes gonna trash talk the anime even if he didnt try it and move on.

I see, its that phase when hating on something makes him feel like something special isnt it?
I mean, hating on tsundere is fine and all but hating on something you havent give a chance is just dumb lol.
If he turned off by tsundere and didnt want to watch it, just skip it without giving baseless hate
Sep 21, 2018 3:01 AM

Jan 2016
That was a pretty good staff.

More topics from this board

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
58 minutes ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
4 hours ago

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
4 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

11 by MantaRaydiated »»
Yesterday, 10:50 AM

» 'Hitoribocchi no Isekai Kouryaku' Unveils Production Staff, Additional Cast, Teaser Promo for Fall 2024

DatRandomDude - Apr 21

4 by Azuchi »»
Yesterday, 4:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.