Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jul 7, 2016 5:38 PM
Mar 2016
Watch Texhnolyze at 2.5x speed. I promise all of you will love it that way.
Jul 7, 2016 5:41 PM

Jun 2015
I watch naruto with 1,5X speed, because that makes the scenes look natural 1x is just too slow for naruto. The original one was okay, but the pacing for season 2 was just awful .
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Jul 7, 2016 7:48 PM

Jun 2016
i could see myself doing that. for something i kinda want to see, but i dont want to spend much time on
Scream!
Jul 7, 2016 7:59 PM

Nov 2013
2x speed should work on mindless anime, such as one piece and fairy tail
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”
Jul 7, 2016 8:11 PM

Jan 2013
No, like I just don't see how people can do this. You ruin the show your watching.
Jul 7, 2016 9:20 PM

May 2012
I do 1.1x for everything besides Dragon Ball Super. Sometimes when I have to go to bed soon and increasing it to 1.2x finishes the episode by the time I want to go to bed, then I do that. Otherwise I close the laptop lid and continue the episode the next night.
Jul 7, 2016 10:14 PM
Jul 2018
I could maybe understand someone doing this with dubbed anime, but I can't even fathom how anyone could watch subbed anime at 2x speed.
Jul 8, 2016 8:35 AM

May 2015
Kimura said:
I actually did try doing this out of sheer morbid curiosity.

>chipmunk voices
>subs flying by
>music and pace ruined

Yeah, no.
I know a friend who does this, no wonder he likes nightcore
for me nope it ruins the seriousness of the anime and it doesn't give me time to understand anything
Jul 8, 2016 9:02 AM

Sep 2015
I do 2x speed in boring arcs in Fairy Tail and filler. So basically all the time in the second season lol
Jul 8, 2016 9:36 AM

Oct 2015

GOTTA GO FAST

I don't think I could bring myself to do this, unless I was watching a long-running shounen (which I don't do).
Jul 8, 2016 9:38 AM
Feb 2016
Damn, old but interesting topic.

I watch some youtube videos at 1.5-2x speed, normally because I'm more interested in what they're saying than anything else, so I just want to get through it quickly... Not anime, though. I think it would be immersion-breaking.

Tatami Galaxy 2x speed anyone?
Jul 8, 2016 9:43 AM

Apr 2016
TonyTheme said:
Tavor said:
Sounds like it's for racking up anime in their list in a quicker time-frame.
Anyone who does anything remotely like this to rack up their anime list ... Why? Can't even string the exact words together to describe how stupid I think that is.

Agreed. You should watch Anime just to enjoy 'en not to fill your list on a random page just to "show off" or for w/e reason they do it...
Jul 8, 2016 9:51 AM

Nov 2015
I'm pretty sure I'd have enjoyed Clannad way more if it were sped up 5x
Jul 8, 2016 10:03 AM

Apr 2014
i actually do this with certain , not all, just certain shows at 2x speed.

1- i can still understand perfectly whats going on therefore im not troubled.
2- i save time and get to watch more episodes that way.

some shows arent meant for it, but i guess its up to the person, im sure most ppl wont be able to understand whats going on with 2x speed, thats ok.

dont go acting like we're weirdos cuz we actually have the ability to understand at a faster pace xD , its still anime watching and i enjoy it same thing if i watched it in regular pace.
Jul 8, 2016 10:12 AM

Feb 2015
what the fuck?.... haha that would be hilarious hearing the japanese voices (you screaming girls) omg I'd die
Jul 8, 2016 10:21 AM
Jan 2015
should consider doing the same if a show sucks
Sep 25, 2016 10:27 AM
Sep 2016
I'm that type of guy. The first time was an accident, i don't realize it when i start a new series that i put it 2x speed. But later on i'm actually getting used of it and feels that normal speed is like a slow-motion so i'm stuck on using 2x or 4x sometimes. Well, if the series itself is fast i don't need to but some.. no, a lot of series actually moving so slow that i can't handle them. To do this of course you must can read subtitles fast enough. But i don't do it with music and emotional scenes of course.
Oct 3, 2016 2:52 PM
Dec 2014
The only place I'd find myself using increased speed would be during video lessons or rather mainly youtube videos tbh. I haven't had to use that on actual anime though.
Oct 3, 2016 4:22 PM
Nov 2013
Ha, I can see that. Would probably be more interesting for some anime to have chipmunk voices, especially for the fellas.
Oct 3, 2016 4:24 PM

Feb 2010
-Zeaos said:
yhunata said:

If you ever watch One Piece, you'll find out a very good reason.

I watched One Piece normally, didn't find any problem, just skipped all the fillers, and now I'm caught with the Anime, took me 3 months though.
Same thing for Bleach, Naruto, Fairy Tail, Detective Conan.

one piece anime has a habit of lengthening parts that are one chapter into 10 episodes is why x2 speed is needed
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Oct 4, 2016 7:16 AM

Oct 2016
Why do I actually want to try that now.... but omg sounds like a nightmare! Can barely read subs, or maybe sit through inaudible voices, miss out on major details, get confused because too fast idk.
Nov 15, 2016 10:24 AM

Apr 2015
I've done it now. Well, at 1.25 speed rather then 2X speed.
Tackled two episodes of Jigoku Shoujo like this because the series was SO slow and repetitive.

It didn't make the experience any better. it was akin to condensing more dullness into one setting.

I would not recommend it to anyone.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Nov 15, 2016 10:28 AM

Jul 2016
Milk_is_Special said:
mayukachan said:

You must read slow then. 3x+ is when it starts feeling too fast for me.
Reading subtitles may be difficult for some people because they aren't in their native language. I mean, I can speak and read English pretty well, but some friends of me already have trouble with reading a book in English, so subtitles isn't the best solution for them. (I'm Dutch btw didn;t know)
True. I don't have this problem but i to know people that can't read subs fast
Nov 15, 2016 10:31 AM

Feb 2013
HypocriticalDuck said:
Worked perfectly for HxH, but the videoplayer on my preferred was changed so I can't do that anymore. Does anyone know a free half legal site on which it is possible to change the speed?
Other than Youtube very few players support it by default, but as long as the player is in HTML5 (like the default Kissanime one), you can use a browser add-on to modify speed. "Faster Video" on Mozilla, and "HTML5 Video Speed Control" on Chrome; there might be others if you search.

For advanced users such as myself, i use this nice Kissanime Greasemonkey script that also cleans ads and adds some features
https://gist.github.com/crapier/91926a6353207f4524cc#file-kissanime_cleaner-user-js
Nov 16, 2016 2:42 AM

Jul 2013
I did it when I was watching Yumeria and man! talk about a generic romance/fantasy comedy anime. At least I won't be watching it again, so not much regrets.
Nov 16, 2016 11:42 AM

Feb 2016
I don't understand how anyone can enjoy watching anime at that speed. I mean, the voice, music and everything else will be destroyed. You should watch anime and enjoy it to the fullest without speeding it up. If you feel the show is slow and boring, here is a piece of advice don't watch it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 16, 2016 6:57 PM

Nov 2016
Nah, I don't want to watch anime Alvin and the chipmunks.
Jan 16, 2017 8:41 PM
Jun 2016
Kind of an old thread, but I do this sometimes and was wondering if anyone else did it. Surprised to see no one really does it to the extent I do it. To answer previous questions, there are two reasons why I watch some anime sped-up: 1) to rewatch at speed if I forget what is happening in a show mid-season (did this with Taboo Tattoo for example, rewatched episodes 1-10 at x3 speed because I lost track of the plot). 2) There are certain shows which just kind of drag, but I still want to find out what happens. Two particular examples of this are Pokemon and Precure, I enjoy watching both, but neither can really hold my attention for that long. I usually watch both of them at x4 speed but slow down to x3 when the plot is a bit more intense (and thus dialogue is more important).

If you speed it up in VLC, there is no effect on the audio up to x4 speed (it mutes above that). I am also a fast reader, so on x3 speed I can read pretty much everything. x4 speed I of course don't catch everything, which is why I only do it with shows like Pokemon and Precure, where you barely even need the subtitles to tell what's happening. Having said that, I can catch enough to understand what's going on, but I will miss odd lines here and there. I only really need to glance at a line of subtitles to know what it is saying. Not sure how normal this is but I have something on the lines of a photographic memory so there's that.

As to stuff about 1) intentionally making it look like you've spent more time watching anime or 2) just dropping it if they're that boring: 1) if there was a way to manually input time spent watching something, or to say you watched it sped-up then I'd do that. I don't really care about those kind of stats. As for 2), I just don't really like dropping things. I haven't dropped anything yet actually, it just makes me uncomfortable to think I watched 3 episodes of a show without even the gratitude of finishing it for example, idk.

Also I realise this is essentially an essay at this point, but one other thing I wanted to mention was about dubs. I watch almost all YouTube videos at 2x speed, which I find perfectly understandable 9 times out of 10. However, I tried watching the Pokemon Generations shorts on x3 speed, and it was not a good idea. When you have subtitles, the audio no longer matters; you can just glance at the subs and know roughly what's happening, whereas trying to keep up with triple-speeded dialogue by ear is not fun. You catch odd words and sentences, but generally it's not enough to get a good picture of what's happening.

If anyone else wants to try, I recommend Deadfish / other MP4 hard sub encodes for this, the video is less likely to get distorted in graphically intense scenes I've found. (Also I experimented once with x8 speed (saved it at x2 speed to maintain audio and then x4'd it in VLC). It wasn't really followable
Jan 16, 2017 9:04 PM

Aug 2013
Can I be your friend? LOL

For people that dont want to use VLC, I used Reclock in the past to make audio doesnt go chipmunk in MPC.
But I noticed on my slow computer, MPC tend to crash and take long processing time with it. Additionally I wasnt able to speed up any 1080p video.
Then there is HEVC format while I dunno why my MPC cant play properly.

My only problem with in VLC is that I need to manually add the whole folder into playlist, unlike MPC where I can just open 1 file and it will auto play next file in alphabetical order.
Nah, i dont think sharing anime ratings in signature is cool thing.

Here, stare at this pointless signature instead.
Jan 16, 2017 9:08 PM

Jun 2014
InsaneLeader13 said:
I've done it now. Well, at 1.25 speed rather then 2X speed.
Tackled two episodes of Jigoku Shoujo like this because the series was SO slow and repetitive.

It didn't make the experience any better. it was akin to condensing more dullness into one setting.

I would not recommend it to anyone.
Being retarded doesn't make anything better, sadly. The very idea of doing this makes me cringe and is extremely toxic.
Jan 17, 2017 4:58 AM
Jun 2016
iwansquall said:
Can I be your friend? LOL

My only problem with in VLC is that I need to manually add the whole folder into playlist, unlike MPC where I can just open 1 file and it will auto play next file in alphabetical order.

Sure lol, tbh though I don't really use MAL for my list, I made one a while back but haven't updated it in ages so it'll probably need me to restart it from scratch when I get around to redoing it (my main list is on a different site, which I discovered first). I do have an account though so I occasionally just use it for commenting on stuff like this.

As for VLC not having the capacity to autoplay files, I've never used MPC (though I know what it is), but that does sound like a pretty useful function. Having said that, I don't really think it's particularly troublesome to just drag a load of videos over in advance...
Jun 24, 2017 2:41 PM
Jun 2017
Slightly late aha. But once I started watching anime in 2x I could read the subs a lot faster.. it took a couple eps to get used to it but it definitely saves ur time and u can watch a lot more anime
Now 1x seems like -1x cuz I read the subs in like 1 sec which doesn't affect the anime at all ur used to it I normally skip the openings unless theyre like AMAZING *cough cough aot* *cough cough ptm* but sometimes they actually sound better in 2x cuz they're more like peppy ig if they're slow in 1x

2x is better
Jun 25, 2017 10:53 AM

Jun 2012
Basically everything TheDustyForest said.

I watched the entire GS Mikami in 2x and it saved me so much time.
I mostly do this because I don't like to drop anime once I've reached a certain point but I don't wanna spend so much time on something I'm not fully enjoying either. I'm glad I stayed because there were a couple enjoyable episodes I wouldn't have got to see if I dropped it, so yeah.
Jun 26, 2017 2:06 AM

Jan 2010
Kimura said:
It boggles my mind that anyone would actually do this, but there is actually one person I know of who says he enjoys it better at 2x speed.

What do you say?

I say that it's pointless, a waste of time.

How could anyone enjoy any shows that way? What's the purpose?

If the reason is to finish that show faster that means they don't enjoy the show thus a complete waste of time. Drop it is the way. Not watch it at faster speed. So ridiculous. I could never understand.
Jun 26, 2017 2:51 AM

Oct 2015
1.25x speed is actually pretty doable. You can watch 4 episodes per hour that way
Jun 26, 2017 6:49 AM

Aug 2015
I do recall fast-forwarding through Naruto to skip the fillers and arrive at the fight scenes, but other than that I see no use for the technique.
Jun 26, 2017 4:35 PM
Jan 2015
I've considered it, but it just seems like a dumb idea. There's two ways to look at it. Either people that do that really don't want to watch anime and feel like they have to, or they really love anime and want to fit in as much as possible.
Jun 26, 2017 6:05 PM

Nov 2014
People actually do that?, I thought that was just a dumb meme.
Jun 26, 2017 6:06 PM

Jan 2015
What is it with speeding up anime? What's wrong with watching it normally?
Jun 26, 2017 6:09 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
I've never done it and I see no benefit in doing so except for trying to easily enter yourself into dumb list-size e-peen pissing contest, so I doubt I'll ever do so in the future. No point in embracing something I see as doing little else other than actively harming my enjoyment with what can only really be described as nothing to show for it.

Sep 16, 2018 1:25 PM

Jun 2017
I watched many shows at 1.3x or 1.6x speed... Normal speed is too slow and boring for me
Sep 16, 2018 9:15 PM

Jan 2018
LightningSoul said:
I do recall fast-forwarding through Naruto to skip the fillers and arrive at the fight scenes, but other than that I see no use for the technique.

This one and particularly shows that you've received recommendations but it was a bit of a slow pace for me to handle.
Sep 16, 2018 9:22 PM

Sep 2016
mhkr said:
I watched many shows at 1.3x or 1.6x speed... Normal speed is too slow and boring for me

And how many hours of that saved time did you just waste searching for this old thread to necro?
*facepalm*

By the way, that was a rhetorical question. It was asked at normal speed, so wasn't sure if you'd get it.
You're never too old to watch anime.
If I ever stop watching anime, check my pulse I'm likely dead.

I wake up with coffee & anime, I go to sleep with coffee & anime.

Sorry if my sarcasm is bad, it's not my first language.

Sep 16, 2018 9:27 PM

Jul 2015
What is dead, may never die. This post will never die.
Sep 16, 2018 9:32 PM

Feb 2018
Kimura said:
there is actually one person I know of who says he enjoys it better at 2x speed

this is not alright.
you need to stop this. whatever it takes.
Sep 16, 2018 9:54 PM

Jun 2017
Older_than_dirt said:
mhkr said:

And how many hours of that saved time did you just waste searching for this old thread to necro?
*facepalm*

By the way, that was a rhetorical question. It was asked at normal speed, so wasn't sure if you'd get it.

I don't watch at that speed to "save my time"... I also enjoy more at increased speed so don't know what's wrong with my answer
mhkrSep 16, 2018 9:58 PM
Sep 16, 2018 10:01 PM

Sep 2016
mhkr said:
Older_than_dirt said:

*facepalm*

I don't watch at that speed to "save my time"... I also enjoy more at increased speed so don't know what's wrong with my answer

*sigh* Yeah.. you didn't get it.

BokoHaramSenpai said:
this is not alright.
you need to stop this. whatever it takes.

This.
You're never too old to watch anime.
If I ever stop watching anime, check my pulse I'm likely dead.

I wake up with coffee & anime, I go to sleep with coffee & anime.

Sorry if my sarcasm is bad, it's not my first language.

Sep 16, 2018 10:04 PM

Feb 2018
jesus i didn't notice OP was from 2013
who dragged this thread out
Sep 17, 2018 12:30 AM

Dec 2014
I actually tried doing that to some anime i cant really remember if it's to some naruto fillers rofl
Sep 17, 2018 1:28 AM

Mar 2017
I'm actually starting to think about watching 2x speed because I don't have much time watching a lot of shows
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

95 by RobertBobert »»
16 seconds ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers?

Alpha_1_Zero - 30 minutes ago

8 by MandarBloodeagle »»
3 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

126 by Weeaboo_Bomber »»
5 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Apr 23

72 by Pinoffin »»
7 minutes ago

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - 10 hours ago

22 by H-A-M-M-Y »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.