Forum Settings
Forums

2018 Summer Review. Also 2018 fall expectancy.

New
Sep 14, 2018 7:54 AM

Nov 2017
So as the summer is going to end. Most of the anime left with a 1-2 ep's. So what's ur review about 2018 Summer anime.
I think it's pretty good. We have a lot of good anime.
1 Attack on titan(It have a long way ahead hope it will be good enough.)πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
2.Angels of death- a pretty good anime. I enjoyed it. Hope it ends well.😨😨😊😊
3. Asobi asobase - man it's damn funny.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
4.cell at Work-- Love it. One of the best of this season😍😍😍
5.Holmes at Kyoto Teramachi Sanjo - pretty good an average one😢😢😚
6.How not to summon a demon king- need no explanation damn good. A fantastic isekai anime.πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜šπŸ˜˜
7.Island- muahhh love it. 😚😚
8.Phantom in the twilight- Vamp-Chan 😍😍
9.seven senses if the reunion- Hmmmm not bad interestingπŸ˜—πŸ˜—
10.The Dream Kingdom and the 100 Sleeping Princes--funny but interesting. Animation is good. 😘😘😊😊
11.The Master of Ragnarok and Blesser of Einherjar- Somehow gives me the vibe of Sao. But a good anime.πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
12.Chio's school road-LoLπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜
13.Miss caretaker of sunohara sau- Damn good who doesn't love fan service πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
So I would like to give this season 10/10 as it was damn enjoyable hope last episodes and the rest of ep's will be fantastic.
Also we are already near end of STEINS;GATE 0(Somehow at first I enjoyed in middle I was depressed but the mad scientist is back and its gonna end btw one my fav love it😍😍😍)
BOKU NO HERO ACADEMIA--LOVE IT NOTHING TO SAY JUST LOVE IT. HOPE IT ENDS WELL.
SO WHAT WILL BE UR REVIEW ABOUT THIS SEASON AND ALL THE ANIME.
BTW THE UPCOMING SEASON IS GONNA BE HELLA GOOD. Pretty much excited but extremely sad I won't be able to watch anyone of it.
P. S- I will be not available till June 2019 Ig this is my last post. So see u all in 2019 enjoy this year. Stay safe be happy and keep enjoying watching anime bye guys.
Also don't forget to give ur reviews about this season anime. Also which anime ur looking forward next season(fall) or ur most hyped about?
THERE EXIST IN THIS WORLD SOMETHING NO ONE HAS EVER SEEN
IT'S GENTLE SO VERY SWEET
THE GLIMPSES IS ALL IT TAKES TO MAKE A PERSON CRAVE IT
THAT'S WHY IT'S NEVER BEEN SEEN
THAT'S WHY THE WORLD HAS KEPT HIDDEN
MAKING IT DIFFICULT TO OBTAIN
BUT ONE DAY, IT WILL BE FOUND

BY THE PERSON WHO IS MEANT TO FIND IT. BECAUSE THAT'S HOW IT WORKS.
"

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 14, 2018 7:58 AM

Sep 2013
mine
shingeki no kyojin - 7 was really good at first but kinda tired of it
asobi asobase - 10 laughing my ass off every single episode
hanebado - 7 i love the animation/sound characters look interesting but bad develop
overlord - 10 doesn't need explanation
isekaimaou - 6 i like isekai shit
boku no hero - 7/8 really good at first but the overhyping and repetitive adaptation points like recapitulation/introduction and fillers are tiring me

for fall

J O J O
Sep 14, 2018 8:00 AM

Nov 2017
blumenbalt said:
mine
hanebado - 7 i love the animation/sound characters look interesting but bad develop
boku no hero - 7/8 really good at first but the overhyping and repetitive adaptation points like recapitulation/introduction and fillers are tiring me
lol means summer wast good for u.
Are u hyped for fall anime?

"

Sep 14, 2018 8:04 AM

Sep 2013
Tomoya1 said:
blumenbalt said:
mine

summer has been really good, considering 6 is a good note and 7 is even better, with 2 10s I think that's pretty good to my pov

not that much excited about fall, only expecting jojo and to aru 3 honestly, but that can change halfway thru tho, I haven't got much into what's comming next fall, only know some big names
Sep 14, 2018 8:06 AM

Nov 2017
blumenbalt said:
Tomoya1 said:

summer has been really good, considering 6 is a good note and 7 is even better, with 2 10s I think that's pretty good to my pov

not that much excited about fall, only expecting jojo and to aru 3 honestly
mmm-hmm so aren't u excited for fairy tail?

"

Sep 14, 2018 8:11 AM

Oct 2014
Damn, I haven't watched shit this Summer

Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 - Pretty good so far. There's been quite a few "build-up" episodes which are a bit frustrating while watching it week to week, but overall I've really enjoyed this season (although not as much as Season 2).

Overlord III - This season has been pretty crazy and they're really going all out with the world-building which I've liked a lot. Hope it finishes strong and they've got more seasons planned in the future.

Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season - I enjoyed the first half during Spring a lot more than in the Summer to be honest, but it's still pretty decent. Hope it ends well.

Steins;Gate 0 - Also a spring starter, but since it's still going in Summer thought I'd include. I haven't actually started watching it yet, but I'm pretty excited to. I just can't watch this sort of series week to week.

Sep 14, 2018 8:14 AM

Sep 2013
Tomoya1 said:

not really, I like it, but I've put in on hold for years now, on episode 120~ of the first fairy tail. It doesn't hype me as much as before.
Sep 14, 2018 8:19 AM

Nov 2017
blumenbalt said:
Tomoya1 said:

not really, I like it, but I've put in on hold for years now, on episode 120~ of the first fairy tail. It doesn't hype me as much as before.
oh but it really good I think u should continue it cause after 150 it really get better and better. U will enjoy it

"

Sep 14, 2018 8:29 AM

May 2012
1 Asobi asobase - not funny at all. Boring. Dropped after 4 episodes
2 Chio's school road - dropped after 2 episode. Boring like Asobi asobase
3 Angels of death - Average at most.
4 - cell at Work - good, best compedy of the season, and I learned more about human body than I did in school
5 - Sunohara-sou no Kanrinin-san - good compedy, has sexy looking girls and a cute looking trap
6- The Master of Ragnarok and Blesser of Einherjar- This one is underrated in my opinion, very good fanserives, and action
7- Banana Fish - This anime (and AOT) are probably best in this season. More people should watch it. If you like 91 days, you most likely love this show
8 - Baki - I love it, and it is extremely violent
9 - Hanebado! - best sport anime in this season (not counting captain tsubasa because it started in previous season)
10- Harukana Receive - 2nd best sport anime in summer
11 - Angolmois: Genkou Kassenki - This one of the most underrated show in this season. Some people hate it just because of filter it has
12- Tenrou: Sirius the Jaeger - good action anime
13 - Happy Sugar Life - Dark Yuri show. I like it
14 - Island - It is ok
15- Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu - best Isekai anime in the season. Action, fanserive are all top
16- Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san - ok ecchi anime. Not as good as To Love Ru though
17 - Shichisei no Subaru - It is average, Not at as good as other Isekai in this season. Lacks fanserive, and story/characters not as likable as other Isekai shows
18- Ongaku Shoujo - Not bad idol anime. Not the best, but it is entertaining
19 - Shoujoβ˜†Kageki Revue Starlight - did not like it at 1st, but I started liking it more after watching more episodes
20 - Grand Blue - bad comedy anime, not funny at all.
21- shingeki no kyojin - wish if I did not read the manga. I would enjoyed it a lot more if I did not. But I still love it and probably best in this season (along with banana fish)
22 - Overlord 3 - It did have weak start (like overlord 2), but it getting better in latest episodes

I so hyped for next season. SAO Alicization, JoJo part 5 and Index 3 are all must watch anime. New anime I excited for is Goblin Slayer (I heard good things about this)

thepathSep 14, 2018 8:42 AM
Sep 14, 2018 8:50 AM
Mar 2016

Asobi Asobase= Absolutely love it. I know it is immature and super wacky but i love me some random humor. Probably the only anime I've kept watching since the start and will finish it the day finale releases.

AOT 3= Even though I've read the manga, i've a hazy memory of what will happen. Anyways, I really like it so far but am i the only one noticing some animation quality drop this season?

Banana fish= Super underrated. I just realized this is 2 cours so here is an addition to fall line-up.

Starlight revue= I may not like it as much as others but it's becoming better and better.

Hanebado= Thinking of dropping it after 5 episodes but those badminton matches scenes are damn impressive in terms of animation.

Cells at work= I am behind on this one but it's pleasant to watch.

Sirius the jaeger= Not really engaged after watching its first 3 episodes. I don't really follow 3 ep rule so if it turned out to be a buzz after it ends, i might pick it up again.

SG;0= Watched the first 10 episodes, not feeling motivated to pick it up again.

MHA 3= I don't like this show, not because it is bad but some other reasons. I only watched it up to AFO fight. It so much hyped, didn't deliver to me at all. Stopped watching after that. Will complete it though, at some point.

...i still have to watch happy sugar life, planet with, angels of death and angolmois.

Fall anime
SAO, goblin slayer, Tsurune, radiant, sssgridman and karakuri circus are all what i'm hyped for.

I know there are more but these are on the top of my head right now.
....need to catch up on JOJO
Sep 14, 2018 12:40 PM
Jul 2018
cells at work is 4th??it should be last that shit is so boring
Sep 14, 2018 1:29 PM

Oct 2010
Since I've talked about them again and again I'll go with the approximate ratings I'm thinking for each.

Asobi Asobase - A good 8, and I think it will stay that way. It's quite regular.

Banana Fish - So far a good 8, but depending on how it handles the second half it could be a 9 at the end.

Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro - 5 struggling to be 6.

Gintama. - A high 7 but it could jump to an 8 finally, I'm liking this new arc more than the previous one.

Grand Blue - High 7 or low 8. Depends on my mood.

Hanebado - Struggling to get a 5.

Harukana Receive - Very high 8 that could be 9 if there is a satisfying conclusion.

Hataraku Saibou - Very high 9 that could very well be a 10.

Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight - If it nails what it's set to, this will be a clear 10.

Yama no Susume 3rd season - Low 9 at least.
Sep 15, 2018 8:01 AM

Nov 2017
Hatred said:
cells at work is 4th??it should be last that shit is so boring
it's not ranking n why u hate cell at work?

"

Sep 15, 2018 8:15 AM

Oct 2017
Asobi Asobase - An 8, which I might change to a 9...

Grand Blue - 10.

Hanebado! - A 7. Though, I haven't watched it after episode 7.

Hataraku Saibou - A 7 for now, which I might change to 6... Haven't watched it after episode 6.

Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu - A 7, again I might change it to a 6. I also stopped watching this after episode 7.

Overlord III - 4.

Overlord: Ple Ple Pleiades 3 - A 7 for now. I stopped watching it after episode 3.

Satsuriku no Tenshi - A 7, which I might change to an 8 or 6 depending upon the next episodes...

Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 - 10.

Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san - A 7, which I don't plan to change... Haven't watched t after episode ...

Sep 15, 2018 10:07 AM

Oct 2013
blumenbalt said:
mine

for fall

J O J O

Nithirel said:

Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 - Pretty good so far. There's been quite a few "build-up" episodes which are a bit frustrating while watching it week to week, but overall I've really enjoyed this season (although not as much as Season 2).

Overlord III - This season has been pretty crazy and they're really going all out with the world-building which I've liked a lot. Hope it finishes strong and they've got more seasons planned in the future.

Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season - I enjoyed the first half during Spring a lot more than in the Summer to be honest, but it's still pretty decent. Hope it ends well.

Steins;Gate 0 - Also a spring starter, but since it's still going in Summer thought I'd include. I haven't actually started watching it yet, but I'm pretty excited to. I just can't watch this sort of series week to week.

This is a reply to both of you guys that I quote, The uprising arc in snk that is currently being animated is considered the slowest/weakness arc in the series, "I personally dont agree with that" with less action than any other arcs "this part is true", many manga readers were worried that anime only watcher would not like this arc and drop the series.

I can tell you that the next arc is considered one of the best in the series by many manga readers and its full of action and revelation, be prepared. Oh, and yes snk season 3 is 24 episode btw, isn't even at its halfway point as of yet.

@Nithirel I have a strong feeling that after you finish the 2nd cour of s3 you will like s3 overall more than season 2. :)

Sep 15, 2018 10:13 AM

Apr 2018
Happy sugar life is the only anime i am up to date with smh anw 7-8/10 it is very entertaining with a good rewatch value smh

Anw i am exited for goblin slayer and sao 3

Edit: i i am also up to date with asobi asobase 7-8/10
Sep 15, 2018 12:34 PM

Sep 2013
keragamming said:
blumenbalt said:
mine

for fall

J O J O

Nithirel said:

This is a reply to both of you guys that I quote, The uprising arc in snk that is currently being animated is considered the slowest/weakness arc in the series, "I personally dont agree with that" with less action than any other arcs "this part is true", many manga readers were worried that anime only watcher would not like this arc and drop the series.

I can tell you that the next arc is considered one of the best in the series by many manga readers and its full of action and revelation, be prepared. Oh, and yes snk season 3 is 24 episode btw, isn't even at its halfway point as of yet.

@Nithirel I have a strong feeling that after you finish the 2nd cour of s3 you will like s3 overall more than season 2. :)

I kinda know what's up next, this whole arc was kinda hard to watch for me because I was just seeing the adaptation unfortunaly I got a lot of spoiler, I personaly don't mind less action, I just felt that by knowing everything that would come by heart was kinda boring to me
Sep 23, 2018 7:18 AM

Nov 2017
blumenbalt said:
keragamming said:

I kinda know what's up next, this whole arc was kinda hard to watch for me because I was just seeing the adaptation unfortunaly I got a lot of spoiler, I personaly don't mind less action, I just felt that by knowing everything that would come by heart was kinda boring to me
The upcoming episodes are good but after few weeks we will have a fercious battle and we will lose one of our fav character
Tomoya1Sep 23, 2018 7:26 AM

"

Sep 23, 2018 7:19 AM

Nov 2017
KatsutoSaki said:

Grand Blue - 10.

Hataraku Saibou - A 7 for now, which I might change to 6... Haven't watched it after episode 6.

Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu - A 7, again I might change it to a 6. I also stopped watching this after episode 7.

Overlord III - 4.

Overlord: Ple Ple Pleiades 3 - A 7 for now. I stopped watching it after episode 3.

Satsuriku no Tenshi - A 7, which I might change to an 8 or 6 depending upon the next episodes...

Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san - A 7, which I don't plan to change... Haven't watched t after episode ...

whats ur rating now for asobi and the others?

"

Sep 23, 2018 7:20 AM

Nov 2017
TTagain said:

Asobi Asobase= Absolutely love it. I know it is immature and super wacky but i love me some random humor. Probably the only anime I've kept watching since the start and will finish it the day finale releases.

AOT 3= Even though I've read the manga, i've a hazy memory of what will happen. Anyways, I really like it so far but am i the only one noticing some animation quality drop this season?

Banana fish= Super underrated. I just realized this is 2 cours so here is an addition to fall line-up.

Starlight revue= I may not like it as much as others but it's becoming better and better.

Hanebado= Thinking of dropping it after 5 episodes but those badminton matches scenes are damn impressive in terms of animation.

Cells at work= I am behind on this one but it's pleasant to watch.

Sirius the jaeger= Not really engaged after watching its first 3 episodes. I don't really follow 3 ep rule so if it turned out to be a buzz after it ends, i might pick it up again.

SG;0= Watched the first 10 episodes, not feeling motivated to pick it up again.

MHA 3= I don't like this show, not because it is bad but some other reasons. I only watched it up to AFO fight. It so much hyped, didn't deliver to me at all. Stopped watching after that. Will complete it though, at some point.

...i still have to watch happy sugar life, planet with, angels of death and angolmois.

Fall anime
SAO, goblin slayer, Tsurune, radiant, sssgridman and karakuri circus are all what i'm hyped for.

I know there are more but these are on the top of my head right now.
....need to catch up on JOJO
what about fairy tail. dont like it?

"

Sep 23, 2018 7:28 AM

Oct 2015
We've had better seasons but we've defenitely had far worse as well. There were some real gems this season.

1. Banana Fish - I'm a huge fan of the manga and they've really outdone themselves with this adaptation so far. Since it's a 2-cour series it might be a little early to rate it but if I have to - a strong 9/10
2. Angels of Death - I found the plot and characters really annoying. 4/10
3. Shingeki no Kyoujin - I don't read the manga so I'm completly lost for the moment. -/10
4. Hanebado - Ah what a time to be alive so you could witness a real sports anime with female protagonists that isn't focused on the fanservice. 8/10
5. Grand Blue - I have not laughed this much in I don't know how long. 7/10
6. Happy Sugar Life -Meh. It's interesting but really annoying at the same time. 6/10
7. Boku no Hero Academia - How could you not love this series? 8/10
8. Free! s3 - I'm watching it bc of two reasons: KyoAni and I watched the previous two seasons. 7/10

From what I've seen there's not much that catches my attention for the fall season. Seems like a weak one.
Sep 23, 2018 7:35 AM
Aug 2018
This is not a scoring-review the anime, just some subjective opinion :
*AOT 3*, it's a hype (anime watchers), lol we can spoil the rest of the incident (manga readers)
*BNHA 3*, shonen genre at its finest (rather than Black Clover) again, doesn't have that much of a surprise since the manga had gone too far ahead
*Grand Blue*, decent comedy-mid age adults , is a rival(in comedy) to the next anime....
*Asobi Asobase*, i choked every episode while drinking milk
*Overlord 3*, "keep going, don't drop the mic"
*Hataraku Saibou*, very teaching, much laugh
*Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san*, have i mention you guys yet?, i am a big fan of SHONEN JUMP, whether it's manga or anime,
*Isekai Maou to Shokan*, BEST ISEKAI SUMMER 2018, if only there weren't too much heavy plot

Maybe that's all, haven't watch many anime this Summer, an enormous amount of tasks to do is bittersweet. This is also my first time on MAL Forum. See you on Fall 2018!
Sep 23, 2018 7:58 AM

Oct 2017
Tomoya1 said:
KatsutoSaki said:

Grand Blue - 10.

Overlord III - 4.

Asobi Asobase, a 9. Satsuriku no Tenshi, a 6. As for Isekai Maou, I haven't completed it yet. And, I haven't watched Hanebado! after episode 7, and Hataraku Saibou, Yuragi-sou after episode 6. As for the rest i.e. SnK III, Overlord III, Grand Blue, their score is the same as before.
Sep 23, 2018 8:39 AM
Mar 2017
Attack on Titan - 10 (No need to explain)

Grand Blue - 9 (The manga is in the top,but for some reason the anime is not well rated,I don't know where it goes wrong from the manga,as I didn't read manga,but I absolutely love the anime)

Cells At work - 7 (It's good nothong Special)

Steins gate 0 (Put on hold after 3 episode,I wasn't just feeling the vibe of the original,will eventually pick it up if it turns out to be good)

My Hero Academia - 10 (No explanation needed)

Tenrou The Sirious Jaegar (Dropped it after 4 episode)

Very much hyped for the Fall Season

Will watch Sao 3,Fairy tail,Index 3,TG Re 2,Radint,Zombieland saga,Goblin Slayer,JoJo 5 & Banana Fish ( as I heard it's pretty good)
Sep 24, 2018 5:44 AM

Nov 2017
KatsutoSaki said:
Tomoya1 said:

Asobi Asobase, a 9. Satsuriku no Tenshi, a 6. As for Isekai Maou, I haven't completed it yet. And, I haven't watched Hanebado! after episode 7, and Hataraku Saibou, Yuragi-sou after episode 6. As for the rest i.e. SnK III, Overlord III, Grand Blue, their score is the same as before.
cool btw which anime ur looking forward this fall

"

Sep 24, 2018 6:09 AM

Oct 2017
Tomoya1 said:
KatsutoSaki said:

Anime I'm looking forward to? None. I'm not a fan of the sequels this season. So, I'll just have to try new shows and see if I like something or not. The shows I plan to watch/give a try are:

- Akanesasu Shoujo
- Anima Yell!
- Bakumatsu
- Beelzebub-jou no Okinimesu mama.
- Goblin Slayer
- Hangyakusei Million Arthur
- Himote House
- Ingress the Animation
- Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara
- Jingai-san no Yome
- Kaijuu Girls Kuro: Ultra Kaijuu Gijinka Keikaku
- Karakuri Circus
- Kishuku Gakkou no Juliet
- Koi to Uso OVA
- Koukyoushihen Eureka Seven: Hi-Evolution 2
- Merc Storia: Mukiryoku no Shounen to Bin no Naka no Shoujo
- Ore ga Suki nano wa Imouto dakedo Imouto ja Nai
- Radiant
- Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu: Memory Snow
- Release the Spyce
- RErideD: Tokigoe no Derrida
- Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai
- Senran Kagura: Shinovi Master - Tokyo Youma-hen
- Sora to Umi no Aida
- Sword Art Online: Alicization
- Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken
- Toaru Majutsu no Index III
- Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season
- Tonari no Kyuuketsuki-san
- Uchi no Maid ga Uzasugiru!
- Ulysses: Jehanne Darc to Renkin no Kishi
- Yagate Kimi ni Naru
- Zombieland Saga

Though, I plan to delete most of these shows from my list, and drop some too.
Sep 24, 2018 6:17 AM

Jan 2016
Summer is a fine season and Fall is a good season.
Sep 24, 2018 6:43 AM

Nov 2017
KatsutoSaki said:
Tomoya1 said:

Anime I'm looking forward to? None. I'm not a fan of the sequels this season. So, I'll just have to try new shows and see if I like something or not. The shows I plan to watch/give a try are:

- Akanesasu Shoujo
- Anima Yell!
- Bakumatsu
- Goblin Slayer
- Himote House
- Ingress the Animation
- Jingai-san no Yome
- Karakuri Circus
- Koi to Uso OVA
- Radiant
- Release the Spyce
- Sora to Umi no Aida
- Yagate Kimi ni Naru
- Zombieland Saga

wow that's a long list but sadly fairy tail isn't there don't u like it?

"

Sep 24, 2018 6:44 AM

Nov 2017
Detective1412 said:
mmm but Ig fall will be the best season of 2018 (hope so)

"

Sep 24, 2018 6:48 AM

Jan 2016
I'm only a few shows behind Summer but all I can say is there's alot of stuff I've dropped. Dunno if I'll drop more.
Sep 24, 2018 7:05 AM

Oct 2017
Tomoya1 said:
KatsutoSaki said:

- Akanesasu Shoujo
- Anima Yell!
- Bakumatsu
- Goblin Slayer
- Himote House
- Ingress the Animation
- Jingai-san no Yome
- Karakuri Circus
- Koi to Uso OVA
- Radiant
- Release the Spyce
- Sora to Umi no Aida
- Yagate Kimi ni Naru
- Zombieland Saga

I'm not watching it since I haven't watched its prequel. Also, you planning to watch anything? Like I said before I plan to delete most of the shows, and drop some too. I did the same in the summer season...
Sep 24, 2018 7:09 AM
Jul 2018
asobi asobase - 9 (fav)
free! dive to the future - 4
hanebado - 6
happy sugar life - 2
shoujo kageki revue starlight - 8 (fav)

jojo is the no.1 thing i'm looking forward to next season
Sep 24, 2018 9:48 AM

Jan 2016
Tomoya1 said:
Detective1412 said:
mmm but Ig fall will be the best season of 2018 (hope so)

Yup, this Fall will equal to Spring. Let's take it a 'good' first. Looking forward to it tho.
Sep 24, 2018 10:02 AM

Feb 2018
I started way to many shows this season and a lot of them turned out to be crap so I kinda put everything on hold and only read manga now.
Overall this season was pretty disappointing for me all the "normal" anime were mediocre at beast and the sequels were only alright so far. But I do have high hopes for the second half of snk s3.
But by far the biggest disappointment was the grand blue adaptation which was just bad.
Sep 24, 2018 4:47 PM

Nov 2014
Grand Blue probably 8/10. The comedy did strike a chord with me at the start, though it's not quite the same after so many episodes.

Boku no Hero Academia probably 7. I seem to enjoy the 2 extremes of the show, the part where they just chill with the cast and when they delve into fighting the villains. The training just doesn't seem genuine somehow. I get that the cast is huge so they've got to skip forward, but it is often just disrupted for something else.

Hanebado probably a 6 as of now, but could drop to 5 or even 4. Everything is generally fine, but it's 1 step from ending really really unsatisfyingly. It could have spent more time making something good of the other characters or the plot, but instead we've got stuck on Ayano for way too long with the key to resolving the issue hanging in our faces the entire time while we're kept in the dark about the motivations behind her mum.

Hataraku Saibou probably 5, it's an interesting concept but it ended up not being anything particularly special.

Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu.... 4/10. It seems to be a common trend for isekai harems, they adapt the crappiest part of it into a one cour anime, rush the part where it is even anything interesting, then cut off once that is resolved. That's of course assuming the rest of the material is even anything redeeming. None of the characters feel real. Still, some level of respect for having the main character reach his hand into the cat girl's vagina.

Shingeki no Kyojin 6/10, probably the best season of Shingeki no Kyojin so far. Started well, falls off slightly. They kinda botched the adaptation of a really good arc as well.

Steins;Gate 0 probably 7, I'm really really back on this for now though, only at episode 19. I'm planning to marathon all of it when it finishes airing. So yeah, don't take this rating too seriously.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Sep 24, 2018 5:04 PM

Nov 2008
Fall has a good number of good SoL anime and a lot of sequels to anime I have never watched however there's Index III, Anima Yell, and Tonari no Kyuuketsuki-san that I really want to watch.

Sep 24, 2018 5:43 PM

Mar 2012
Anime of the season:
Island Frontwing delivers another great anime. Kinda surprised to see they mainly made porn anime/games before and now they make anime like this.
Best comedy of the season: Grand Blue. Overall the comedy was really strong this season; there were many funny shows.
Best ecchi: Yuragisou no Yuunasan
Best isekai: Isekai Maou; so many cute girls (with ecchi). Subaru was also ok; and Overlord continues getting worse. That 4th isekai show was the worst one though.

SteinsGate 0 is also great but nowhere near the first season. Satsuriku no Tenshi depends on the final episodes.
There were also good sports anime this season.

Worst anime of the season (from I've watched)
Planet With because guy makes loli cry and let aliens take over the world

Also Backstreet Girls is the best idol anime ever created; much better than the other idol shit

Next season mostly looking forward to Golden Kamuy and the too many to list cute girl shows
Sep 24, 2018 6:04 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
I expect Fall to be the weakest season of this year. (specially if you're someone who's not looking forward for most of these sequels)

Anyway, Summer was fun and most likely my favorite season this year so far. There's a lot of really good (or even great) anime that no one gave a shit like Lupin III, High Score Girl, Planet With, Angolmois and Revue Starlight while everyone was watching shit like fuckin Satsuriku no tenshi and Isekai maou while crying that the season is garbage. Git gud at picking anime scrubs.

Also Asobi Asobase best comedy of the year so far (even beating Hinamatsuri, which i didnt thought would be possible.).

Shoutout to Grand Blue (definitly weaker than the manga tho, that one is a 10/10), Hataraku Saibou (started to get a little bit stale recently but still fun), Banana Fish (really like it but im like 5 episodes behind lel) and of course Shingeki no kyojin and boku no hero academia being cool as usual.

STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Sep 24, 2018 6:06 PM

Aug 2016
SnK this season has only been great because the manga source is great, but they could have done a better job during first 3 episodes. the rest has been done correctly except for the cgi.
chio chan has been really good.

thats everything I have enjoyed from this season.

2 anime isnt that bad. more tiem for old anime actually. the first 2019 season is gonna be great with The promised neverland and mob psycho.
:v
Sep 25, 2018 12:19 AM

Mar 2017
Only watched a little, but i'm joining in

Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro : The comedy is a bit of hit and miss at times. While i enjoyed it, there are a few times i just watched it without knowing the punchline at all. Also, the ecchi shots / Fanservices are distracting, highly distracting. [6 out of 10]

Sunoharasou no Kanrininsan : Watched this just for guilty pleasure. The comedy are okay, the tone is good, and the pacing is fine. While there are too much fanservices, i think the ecchi tone of this show is far better than Chio-chan, since it's always played with rather than blatantly shown. [6 out of 10]

Asobi Asobase : One of the best comedy show to be shown. I was baited by the light-hearted tone of the show initially during it's premise and was shocked to find out the absurdity that the show contained. The jokes mostly landed, and Hanako's facial were the highlight of the show. Olivia and Kasumi were good in their role, but Hanako is solely the reason why this anime is very entertaining and hillarious. [9 out of 10]

While here, i'll rate the leftover anime i watched.

Captain Tsubasa : The tournament is highly entertaining, and can't help but pundit everything i see and correct every now and then [Yes, i am a football freak]. Good nostalgia draw by the way.

Akkun to Kanojo : Okay short anime. I don't have anything more to say.

Pokemon Sun and Moon : My only complaints of the show is still the decision for making Satoshi and the gang forming a Super Sentai-esque team. It's distracting, childish, and not entertaining at times. I just want PSM to bounce back to it's normal slice of life way just like before. Sure, the Super sentai aspect is not everytime, but i can't help but rolling my eyes everytime that happened.

Seems like that's it. I am rewatching Kuzu no Honkai in english dub at the moment while waiting for the new season to kick in. God i really love Adam Noble's voice acting.
It's time to play the Game folks!
Sep 25, 2018 1:57 AM

Feb 2017
Coming off the spring season, I think a lot of people were expecting summer to be slow, including myself, but i've been happily surprised.

• ATOT 3 - I've loved everything about this season except for some cringe worthy Eren dialogue, thought they did a really good job keeping the political maneuvering entertaining
  • Overlord 3 - less and less happens with each season, i think this show has a little too much development, still solid overall though
  • Demon-lord - ecchi & isekai not my thing so haven't been watching, have heard good things
  • Asobi Asobase - weird af, taste-test teacher skit had me crying from laughter
  • Banana Fish - just plain cool, nice 80's vibe
  • Hanebado - plot is BAD, but badminton matches are intense and look awesome, are they really not gonna give a legitimate reason for her mom's actions??? wtf!?
  • Planet With - CRIMINALLY underwatched and underscored show, a textbook example of pacing done right, with refreshing characters and an interesting plot, last episode had like 5 back-to back-to back brilliant scenes to end it, please watch Planet With
For my thoughts on the fall... yeah it's gonna suck. I'm only gonna watch SAO for the culture, and not a single show I've seen from the list looks interesting visually, but we shall see. There is that KyoAni archery show which i'm eyeing

EDIT: Also Boku No Hero Academia begin lit as always, can't leave my bois out. And I also can't believe I forgot about Lupin, I'm ashamed
jeremy24tylerSep 25, 2018 2:07 AM
Sep 25, 2018 2:03 AM

Feb 2017
Paul_Levesque said:
Seems like that's it. I am rewatching Kuzu no Honkai in english dub at the moment while waiting for the new season to kick in. God i really love Adam Noble's voice acting.
Kuzu no Honkai is such a good show, and I love the outro song. Got it on iTunes
Sep 25, 2018 2:09 AM

Feb 2017
DatRandomDude said:
Git gud at picking anime scrubs.

My new favorite quote, gonna borrow this one if ya don't mind
Sep 29, 2018 5:01 PM

Mar 2017
jeremy24tyler said:
Paul_Levesque said:
Kuzu no Honkai is such a good show, and I love the outro song. Got it on iTunes

Love that song too. Though the only reason i am rewatching the anime right now is solely because of Adam Noble haha.
It's time to play the Game folks!
Sep 30, 2018 7:51 AM

Nov 2017
KatsutoSaki said:
Tomoya1 said:

I'm not watching it since I haven't watched its prequel. Also, you planning to watch anything? Like I said before I plan to delete most of the shows, and drop some too. I did the same in the summer season...
OW don't u like fairy tail? Unlucky me cause I will not be able to watch anime till 2019 June

"

Sep 30, 2018 8:01 AM
Jul 2018
thepath said:
New anime I excited for is Goblin Slayer (I heard good things about this)

What sorcery is this? I'm excited as well ( Ν‘° ΝœΚ– Ν‘°)
Sep 30, 2018 8:20 AM

Dec 2015
I didn't think anything from summer was better than a 6/10 and there isn't a single anime in the fall line up that I am interested in.
Guess I'll have to spend the next few months watching old anime instead of seasonals.
Sep 30, 2018 8:57 AM

Oct 2013
Bobby2Hands said:
I didn't think anything from summer was better than a 6/10 and there isn't a single anime in the fall line up that I am interested in.
Guess I'll have to spend the next few months watching old anime instead of seasonals.

Holyshit! You are so fu***ing cool! Can I have your autograph?
Sep 30, 2018 9:19 AM

Nov 2017
Frroku said:
thepath said:
New anime I excited for is Goblin Slayer (I heard good things about this)

What sorcery is this? I'm excited as well ( Ν‘° ΝœΚ– Ν‘°)
me2
30 character limit just suckkkkkss

"

Sep 30, 2018 9:20 AM

Nov 2017
keragamming said:
Bobby2Hands said:

Holyshit! You are so fu***ing cool! Can I have your autograph?
The heck I need it too
oof 30 character limit just popping up hmph

"

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » has the majority of people (here) seen the big 3 ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

ame - Apr 16

159 by Destinesia »»
5 minutes ago

» Is there an extension that helps you fully block someone?

APolygons2 - Yesterday

25 by Spunkert »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - 8 hours ago

35 by ryzxgum »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » Spring 2024 my fav anime lineup yet! What is your fav series that is going under the radar?

rohan121 - 7 hours ago

11 by BitChilly »»
12 minutes ago

» Anime that low-testosterone males can't comprehend ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

78 by MedK001 »»
22 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.