Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 6, 2018 3:02 PM

Aug 2017
Amazing episode.

This is WWIII. Feyris have the same appearance in the future lol. Ruka is dead :(

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 6, 2018 3:44 PM

Aug 2014
Kohaiii_ said:
As a VN Watcher(Watched it on youtube... very poor to buy a $40CAD game)

lol I pirated the whole game/franchise and played SG zero after ep 3 (anime) was out
Sep 6, 2018 3:55 PM
Nov 2016
Haeduans said:
Kohaiii_ said:
As a VN Watcher(Watched it on youtube... very poor to buy a $40CAD game)

lol I pirated the whole game/franchise and played SG zero after ep 3 (anime) was out

We must learn the ways to be a good pirate just like Christopher Columbus.
Sep 6, 2018 4:40 PM

Aug 2014
Relative to ep 18/19 gorey swashbuckling kagari and suzuha, ep 20 improved a bit.
But, relative to VN, somehow it didn't.

For instance, this. Dem feet.

I think I'll agree with some previous comments that it wasn't good that they changed this into a daytime scene. When Okabe woke up in VN, it was such a dreadful and ominous feeling that I was able to experience (both for Okabe and me). Here, I won't say my feelings were disconnected because I played the VN already, it's just that it did not register well even though the voice-acting was good. Seems like it has something to do with the audio, or as mentioned earlier, the "daytime" change, and some visual tweaks to induce a more relaxing atmosphere.

Darkness is a real motivator. Suspenseful moments submerged into darkness is not just a plot device to instigate fear of an adversary, because when darkness surrounds, it's actually the fear of the unknown. I have the feeling the VN directed me to feel this way: with darkness comes the eerie red lighting; the crazy wind blowing as if signaling an unknown turbulence which is yet to happen; the wild dogs going "wild" with their meal beside a mountain of corpses; and the lingering weakened state of Okabe wherein he should not be able to get up that easily and walk up on his own after a couple of minutes - these are scenarios that can be amplified better when situated along a stream of darkened surroundings.
Sep 6, 2018 6:03 PM

Jan 2012
Haeduans said:
Darkness is a real motivator. Suspenseful moments submerged into darkness is not just a plot device to instigate fear of an adversary, because when darkness surrounds, it's actually the fear of the unknown. I have the feeling the VN directed me to feel this way: with darkness comes the eerie red lighting; the crazy wind blowing as if signaling an unknown turbulence which is yet to happen; the wild dogs going "wild" with their meal beside a mountain of corpses; and the lingering weakened state of Okabe wherein he should not be able to get up that easily and walk up on his own after a couple of minutes - these are scenarios that can be amplified better when situated along a stream of darkened surroundings.

Yeah its a very important factor in building the atmosphere. At least he still woke up in a dark room, so at least i didnt feel like the beginnining was any weaker. It just dropped fast to an rather mysterious than suspenseful unknown feeling once he got outside. Till the brightness became rather annoying as i hoped to see the time progressing at least to see a crimson sky, but it stayed the bright sunny hell.

BulletKing said:
I'm not even comparing anythign to the VN anymore. I thought this was pretty well adapted. Ruka looked girlier than what I remembered but still pretty cool. Okabe gonna leap 245213523 times now, just the thought of that is scary.

We only saw Luka's back in the VN and it did rather look like his normal self as they didnt bother making him an proper future design. Kinda like Faris didnt age either, but this fits her character. They took her 2025 design as she didnt have one in PR either as a side character, but she's perfect as she is anyway xD

So this is at least something that the anime improved as i rather like this design and they did show him manlier in action.

thepath said:
How old is Ruka in this episode ?! 25 years passed but he still look young and still a trap

August 30, 1993 is his bday. So he was 16 in S;G and 17 in 0.
He should be therefore 41~42 in 2036. It fits well.
sanleiSep 6, 2018 6:16 PM
Sep 6, 2018 9:48 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Rukako damn that 180 change. Both are cute tbh but omg this Rukako has this cool aura tbh.
Okabe looks so old, the timeline so destroyed.
That scene where they showed his tortured body was depressing. Makes me wonder who got tortured worse, Kagari or Okabe. In Kagari’s case they really made the her cell look so creepy and disturbing, to show how much she got tortured.

Tho i did like when Fayris hugged Okabe. Not everyone likes her but tbh I really like her cheerful personality whenever she’s with Okabe.
The ending is so much hype. His look as he says he’s gonna give it one more try time machine.

Sep 6, 2018 11:48 PM
Mar 2018
Ruka has reached new level of trap, a baddass trap

So bad he's dead
Sep 7, 2018 12:13 AM

Jul 2016
This is the first episode of the series that felt like the original series.

Might be too little too ate to save this anime though.
Sep 7, 2018 4:37 AM

Oct 2008
Instead of going to the past, he went to future!
oh man Rukako! The pain and suffering is eternal!
This episode was EPIC!
5/5.

Sep 7, 2018 8:23 AM
May 2015
Great episode. The only real thing that bothered me, was when, near the end, Okabe was listing off people who died. One name that stuck out was Yuki's name. Did Okabe see Yuki die at any point during the previous episodes? I may of just forgotten, but that name stuck out to me.
Sep 7, 2018 9:44 AM

Dec 2012
Kohaiii_ said:
Can't wait for the 1000+ time leaps that Okabe will do while trying to keep himself alive till 2011
D-Mails can only be sent 48 hours back in time, and he want to travel back 11 years.
11 years = 96360 hours. Divided by 48 thats actually 2007.5.
And each time he will send his memories to an mentally paralysed Okabe without immediate access to the time leap machine? How? (Don't give me the full spoiler though :P)
Sep 7, 2018 12:37 PM

Jan 2012
Wow Ruka turned out to be such a badass. What an ikemen oO
Sep 7, 2018 12:38 PM

May 2016
ZhugeLiang0 said:
Great episode. The only real thing that bothered me, was when, near the end, Okabe was listing off people who died. One name that stuck out was Yuki's name. Did Okabe see Yuki die at any point during the previous episodes? I may of just forgotten, but that name stuck out to me.

Suzuha said him in the very first episode of 0 that Yuki died in the future
-
Sep 7, 2018 5:17 PM

May 2018
Wow, great episode. Okabe is really bad at this episode...

Finally started 2036, and we started with a tragic death... Rukako... :'(

1000/5 2000/10
"No matter where you go, everyone's connected." Iwakura, Lain.

Sep 7, 2018 5:51 PM

Aug 2018
SERIOUSLY
why there is so many people in the comments are confused about Suzuha
it's pretty obvious that she is the on that born in the future
not the suzuha that we were following
The universe has a beginning, but no end. — Infinite.
The stars too have beginnings, but their own power results in their destruction. — Finite.
It is those who possess wisdom who are the greatest fools. History has shown us this.
You could say that this is the final warning from God to those who resist.
Sep 7, 2018 5:53 PM

Aug 2018
Haeduans said:
Relative to ep 18/19 gorey swashbuckling kagari and suzuha, ep 20 improved a bit.
But, relative to VN, somehow it didn't.

For instance, this. Dem feet.

I think I'll agree with some previous comments that it wasn't good that they changed this into a daytime scene. When Okabe woke up in VN, it was such a dreadful and ominous feeling that I was able to experience (both for Okabe and me). Here, I won't say my feelings were disconnected because I played the VN already, it's just that it did not register well even though the voice-acting was good. Seems like it has something to do with the audio, or as mentioned earlier, the "daytime" change, and some visual tweaks to induce a more relaxing atmosphere.

Every animation mistake will be cleaned up in the Blu ray release
just watch the comparison between the first 8 episode of tv and blu ray on Youtube and you will notice how much difference blu ray release makes
The universe has a beginning, but no end. — Infinite.
The stars too have beginnings, but their own power results in their destruction. — Finite.
It is those who possess wisdom who are the greatest fools. History has shown us this.
You could say that this is the final warning from God to those who resist.
Sep 7, 2018 8:36 PM
Dec 2017
I have a question. Why did the time leap machine work the first time Okabe tries to save Mayuri and Suzuha, but not the second time?
Sep 7, 2018 9:48 PM

Jan 2012
Franco_Nicolas said:
I have a question. Why did the time leap machine work the first time Okabe tries to save Mayuri and Suzuha, but not the second time?

There is no real explanation as they omitted the darker and smarter way to get into this. 2nd half of 19 is Anime Original and just exists as fanservice to original S;G fans as a homage to original episode 13.

You could guess they just didnt build it properly in haste and couldnt figure in time the reason to fix it.
Sep 7, 2018 11:44 PM

Feb 2018
Wow Afer get delay,waiting too long take 2 weeks,yeah im so glad for waiting this episode will okabe be hoounin kyouma or mad scientist again?
Sep 8, 2018 6:52 AM
Dec 2017
sanlei said:
Franco_Nicolas said:

There is no real explanation as they omitted the darker and smarter way to get into this. 2nd half of 19 is Anime Original and just exists as fanservice to original S;G fans as a homage to original episode 13.

You could guess they just didnt build it properly in haste and couldnt figure in time the reason to fix it.

Thanks for answering. I've really liked this season so far, but I have trouble understanding this sort of stuff that they leave for interpretation. Time travel is complicated enough on its own, so getting even more lost because they just don't explain things correctly makes it even harder. Like, for example, why did the Kagari song exist in the first place? When you jump back in time you go to a different world line, right? So why would a paradox occur?
Sep 8, 2018 7:42 AM

Jan 2012
Franco_Nicolas said:
Thanks for answering. I've really liked this season so far, but I have trouble understanding this sort of stuff that they leave for interpretation. Time travel is complicated enough on its own, so getting even more lost because they just don't explain things correctly makes it even harder. Like, for example, why did the Kagari song exist in the first place? When you jump back in time you go to a different world line, right? So why would a paradox occur?

Look at Maho's XMas gift from Mayuri in episode 4:

The anime didnt play the song from that music box, but the VN did and it is the Kagari song.
Also the worldline changed and triggered Okabe's Reading Steiner in the VN right afterwards. But thats from a different worldline so the Okabe in the worldline where he learned the importance of the song for Kagari didnt knew about this gift and never heard the song either.

Its believed that this is a possible real origin of the song but its impossible to track it down as its something that carried over between different worldlines thanks to either Suzuha's or Kagari's timetravel in respected worldlines despite its origin and something that Okabe cant remember either thanks to his Reading Steiner overwriting memories of the Okabe or just different Okabe's who knew the song, which leads to it seemingly being a paradox.

Its an important part of 0 as 0 Okabe learns his lessons in the current episode how no worldline is a waste as one worldline could never lead to Steins;Gate. The song is something that isnt directly told, but occurs throughout 0 to further highlight this aspect.

The part that makes it difficult to include such stuff is how the anime stays mostly in its single new created worldline which wasnt part of the VN, while the VN has loosely connected different worldlines. Also its something that will be more clear with the finale of 0.

Edit: Also yes, the VN requires you to connect the dots yourself in order to understand everything. Its part of how different worldlines that arent directly connected have impact on each other and contribute to the overall story.
sanleiSep 8, 2018 8:17 AM
Sep 8, 2018 3:10 PM
Jan 2017
Faris constantly saying moew did remove some of the feeling that this is a post apocalyptic nightmare, I feel that they could have killed more people considering this is a time travel show and all this is going to be rewritten anyway (also why is everyone calling ruka ‘he’ and ‘bro’ considering ruka wanted to be a women so much that it was a critical plot line in the original stiens gate you’d think the other wouldn’t constantly call ruka a man)
Sep 8, 2018 5:08 PM

Nov 2015
The start of the episode was so good, and wow Okabe arrives to the depressing future he chose. But now he stands on his own 2 legs to find STEIN;GATE!

Katsura janai, Zura da

Sep 8, 2018 9:22 PM

May 2016
Idk this episode just wasn’t doing it for me. First of all, if Okabe is now in 2036 why do so many of the characters look the same?? Suzuha hasn’t age a bit and she is still wearing the same hairstyle. And I’m supposed to believe that after all this time Faris still wears kitty ears, big curly twintails, and says nya?? I’m just not buying it, I want more attention to detail if they’re trying to set up some apocalyptic future setting. Also, these character deaths just don’t sting me anymore. Why? Because Okabe is just gonna time leap to save all their lives. When Ruka died I was like, “well I’m sure he’ll be back next episode.” Idk if that actually happens but I just don’t care about deaths anymore because they seem pointless in the sequel.
“May those who accept their fate be granted Happiness, may those who defy their fate be granted Glory.”
Sep 9, 2018 12:32 AM

Jan 2012
magicalgirlpaige said:
Idk this episode just wasn’t doing it for me. First of all, if Okabe is now in 2036 why do so many of the characters look the same?? Suzuha hasn’t age a bit and she is still wearing the same hairstyle. And I’m supposed to believe that after all this time Faris still wears kitty ears, big curly twintails, and says nya?? I’m just not buying it, I want more attention to detail if they’re trying to set up some apocalyptic future setting. Also, these character deaths just don’t sting me anymore. Why? Because Okabe is just gonna time leap to save all their lives. When Ruka died I was like, “well I’m sure he’ll be back next episode.” Idk if that actually happens but I just don’t care about deaths anymore because they seem pointless in the sequel.

It would be strange if Suzuha looked different in age.
The Suzuha's you knew are timetraveler from this year - 2036.

The Suzuha from the first 18 episodes disappeared with Mayuri in said episode. Its still the same worldline and this is just the new Suzuha(born on
September 27, 2017 as the child from Daru & Yuki) ready to timetravel from 2036 again. Its also the reason why she didnt know Okabe directly.

Faris is just Faris, maybe she uses Nanomachines to repair her skin, its the future after all. Then again there are people like Smash's Sakurai who hardly seem getting older iRL. They are all in their early 40's its not really tough to believe some not really showing age. Her being Nya is just her character trait, she's like Hououin Kyouma someone who doesnt grow out of character, like you saw Future Okabe and how original S;G Okabe laughed about him being still the same.
sanleiSep 9, 2018 12:39 AM
Sep 9, 2018 1:37 PM

May 2015
Rukako is still best girl. Even dead.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 9, 2018 5:33 PM
Aug 2018
This new Suzuha can technically use another time machine to travel back in time right? Does that mean she can spam the hell out of it like d-mails? Does this worldline still have the time machine theory? We're in beta worldline right? All worldlines involved has the time machine by the year 2036? I can't wrap around my head the fact that Suzuha is still there on the same worldline.
Sep 10, 2018 8:19 PM

Jun 2016
I lost a little bit of interest when I watched episode 17-18,but damn 19 and 20 put the show back on track I'm glad I waited because I didn't know there was no episode 2 weeks ago or something so I didn't have to wait 2 weeks for episode 19 because that was a crazy cliffhanger. Can't wait for Wednesday.
Sep 11, 2018 11:16 PM
Sep 2018
Vader_ said:
Ruka still the best "waifu" in 2036
But he's a guy haha
Sep 13, 2018 10:07 AM
Dec 2010
I don't know if I like the plot in this episode, but that ending was awesome.
Sep 13, 2018 10:41 AM

Dec 2014
future world. much anticipated episode… really enjoyed it
Sep 17, 2018 6:18 PM

Feb 2012
Absolutely loved the episode. I spent my time right after making this shitty meme.

As soon as the season finishes I am binging the VN and 100%ing it just like i did the original S;G VN. I've had S;G 0 VN sitting in my steam library this whole time but I wanted to wait until the anime is over.
Sep 17, 2018 8:07 PM
Aug 2017
I mean y'all expect anime to be good as they used to be, but anime has deteriorated, to the shit state it is now, with half shows being bad, of course steins;gate zero wasn't gonna be as good as the original, it had huge ass shoes to fill
Sep 17, 2018 8:08 PM
Aug 2017
I mean ruka died, but I couldn't feel any emotional tension or my heartstrings being pulled because I knew okabe was gonna travel back and he was gonna be alive again
Sep 17, 2018 8:12 PM
Aug 2017
I mean let us just be honest, steins;gate 0 wasn't necessary for steins;gate, I think this series is honestly a cash grab, with Okabe Rintarou ending up developing the same way he did in the last series, where he just learns that giving up ain't the answer, the only difference is that this one has okabe be depressed for half of it. solid 5
Sep 18, 2018 1:20 PM
Feb 2017
wtf Maho and farris still look like kids.

Sep 19, 2018 2:06 AM

Mar 2009
Rukako. What an absolute badass.
Sep 20, 2018 5:43 AM

Mar 2016

Omg, I get headache from jumps in time. Sometimes I think about life in “Steins; Gate” and I understand that human can go mad. Is Okabe calm? That cannot be said, but he keeps perfectly.
Sep 20, 2018 5:59 AM

Mar 2016
HsiuqsYgnops said:
wtf Maho and farris still look like kids.
Huke didn't have time (^ω^)
Sep 22, 2018 11:36 PM

Dec 2012
It's really nice to see everyone still together in the future. Feyris really didn't change much. I really wished they gave Rukako (Best Trap) more time in the episode. It'll be nice to see him live until the end of the series but I guess everything happens for a reason. What a badass he was! Who would of known? They gave him a great sendoff and even did the Standing Death of Honor. He will be missed.
Oct 7, 2018 6:41 PM

May 2012
What an episode, really didn't expect he was going to be sent in the future! Especially not that future! Really interesting to see what's going to happen next though.
Oct 16, 2018 6:56 AM
Jun 2017
Okabe looks terrible! D;
Daru and Ruka have changed a lot whilst everyone else still looks the same!
Ruka for some reason reminded me of Mikasa in this episode! ;o
In all seriousness, it's quite sad to see Ruka die! Okabe can never catch a break, can he? I didn't feel as emotional as I thought I'd be about Ruka's death but at least he saw Okabe before he died!

The last scene of this episode is just giving me more hype for the final episodes!
I hope Okabe returns back to his mad scientist phase! :D

Dec 16, 2018 8:58 PM

Nov 2016
Rumiho is still going with the nyan thing to this day and conserve her hairstyle so I guess is just naturally like that?. Luka looks absolutely stunning. Is incredible how the war made them top-notch soldiers just like that. And yet no mention to Okabe father and Mom, guess they aren't important in the story. Anyways they did a better job at handling Ruka death here. "Nothing is meaningless even if it seems that way. There're countless failed futures. Pasts we can never recover. But even so... Beyond all those, there must be a path which leads to Steins Gate." So in the end Daru defied God and the world themselves by rewriting Okabe's memories.
Dec 26, 2018 5:31 AM

Mar 2018
Who would've thought Rukaku will be the coolest one out of all lab members.
Νεχ ποσσυμ τεχυμ ωιωερε, νεχ σινε τε.
Dec 26, 2018 3:38 PM

Mar 2016
Mind Fuck...

SO the time leap machine didn't work... Okabe continued his life until 2025 where he's captured and tortured until his will and mind are broken, yet he's still on life support all the way until 2036 where the memories from the 2011 Okabe shown as using the failed time leap machine got loaded into the brain of Okabe's body in 2036. I'm shocked! This might be the will of Steins; Gate!

Ruka became the most badass trap in the wastelands of WW3! Ruka's swordsmanship training proved to be useful, his skills are on par with Suzuha. SO basically the lab members that fight became a beast like Suzuha, that'll be cool to see more of! Ruka's death is so simple yet seeing how Okabe reacted to it... (T^T)

Hell yeah! I'm hyped!!! "Ready the time leap machine, I'm going back to find Steins; Gate!" It's about time we get to hear these words from Okabe!
Jan 11, 2019 11:22 AM

Jan 2013
Ruka as a badass samurai is the best thing that happened in this anime so far.
Feb 5, 2019 1:20 PM

Sep 2018
Damn, Ruka's a badass.
Mar 17, 2019 8:50 PM

Apr 2013
This show is just retarded. It's the only way I can put it.

-Coincidentally Suzuha saves Okarin, just happen to be passing by lel
-They still all happen to be in Akiba still
-Faris still doing the stupid nyan even though the world is ending.
-Every main character not only in a soldier now, but a shounen character that can defeat many average npc soldiers
-Every fighting scene is ridiculous and over the top
-This is stupid rewriting memory shit that keeps being relevant. I can suspend my disbelief about they inventing a time machine, but not about this, sorry.
-Rukako happens to die 5 minutes about Okarin wakes up, gotta have that cheap drama

Terrible series, terrible new story, terrible character, terrible animation, I hate this anime.
Mar 18, 2019 8:13 AM

May 2016
nowa_ said:

-This is stupid rewriting memory shit that keeps being relevant. I can suspend my disbelief about they inventing a time machine, but not about this, sorry.

So you had no trouble with the Time Leap Machine and with Reading Steiner in the first series (while both of them is about memory rewriting... Time leap is memory rewriting in the past, RS is memory rewriting in the present and between worldlines), but you have problem with basic memory rewriting in the present (and not between worldlines) in 0.

I can see that you hate 0, and you have the right to hate it, but I feel huge double standards here...
-
Mar 18, 2019 2:19 PM
Nov 2016
nowa_ said:
This show is just retarded. It's the only way I can put it.

-Coincidentally Suzuha saves Okarin, just happen to be passing by lel
-They still all happen to be in Akiba still
-Faris still doing the stupid nyan even though the world is ending.
-Every main character not only in a soldier now, but a shounen character that can defeat many average npc soldiers
-Every fighting scene is ridiculous and over the top
-Rukako happens to die 5 minutes about Okarin wakes up, gotta have that cheap drama

Terrible series, terrible new story, terrible character, terrible animation, I hate this anime.

I liked this episode, it is one of the better episodes of this anime along with episode 21, 19, 13 and episode 8 (which is the best episode of this anime). I have no problem with the memory rewriting stuff but I do have a problem with everything else you mentioned so I agree with you.

The other stuff you mentioned is spot on and it cheapens this anime greatly, specially the part where they are still in Akiba, Faris still doing the stupid Nyan thing and Rukako being a fucking Samurai and yeah, him dying 5 minutes later for that cheap drama was also cringy.

Not to mention, the place they got Okabe hooked with machines was also kinda dumb if you really think about it, he was in the middle of nowhere and any soldier could have entered that place and killed him right away, he was in that place for years and are you going to tell me no one ever found out about him? no man, stuff like that cheapens the anime.
xZabuzaxMar 18, 2019 4:54 PM
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

104 by Twerms »»
Apr 21, 12:45 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2018

572 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 18, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 22, 2018

163 by Alrinth »»
Apr 10, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

197 by Alrinth »»
Apr 9, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 11 Discussion

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

38 by Alrinth »»
Apr 7, 4:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.