Forum Settings
Forums

In anime, what's your favorite type of fanservice?

New
Sep 7, 2018 9:12 PM

May 2017
For me, I would have to go with Bunnygirl Meidos.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 7, 2018 9:14 PM

Oct 2015
I have an older sister complex in real life, so I've come to adore elderly females in anime/manga. I want to be doted so hard by caring sister-figures.

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,
𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫' 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔶 𝔪𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

Sep 7, 2018 9:29 PM

Mar 2017
Good art style & character design (e.g. Juggle) and creative situations/setups. None of those basic "I trip over, oh look boobs." Juggle for example, is about a performing troupe in the desert Arabia-style setting. The performing troupe setup allows for body contortions that emphasize and enhance the female figures' appeal while the Arabia-style setting allows them to utilize the Arabian harem clothing styles, adding the titillation of the sheerness of the fabrics, the flair of the clothes' extra fluff and ribbons, and the exotic feel to the overall appeal.

Sampling (the first 3 pages of Juggle):

EankiSep 7, 2018 10:25 PM
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Sep 7, 2018 9:32 PM
Jul 2018
Characters that wear dark colored looking long coats.
Sep 7, 2018 9:32 PM

Nov 2017
It has to have some sort of meaning to it like maybe it reveals more about the character and develops them in some way and not be fanservice just for the sake for the sake of being that.
Sep 7, 2018 9:50 PM

Aug 2016
Does awesome action animation count?

If not, then robots transforming and/or using their ultimate weapons
Sep 7, 2018 9:59 PM

Mar 2014
We all know the best type of fanservice is manservice.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Sep 7, 2018 10:10 PM

Dec 2017
Small, cute, and legal girls that are flat.
Sep 7, 2018 10:11 PM

Mar 2018
Prolly those scenes where the female character is removing her thighs.waitwat stockings and we get to see her foot.

Is this foot fetish? pls halp
DigitizerSep 7, 2018 10:15 PM
"As someone who deranked from Legendary Eagle to Gold Nova, i can really say that war is hell."
Sep 7, 2018 10:12 PM

Feb 2018
I am a sucker for tights..................
Sep 7, 2018 10:27 PM

Jan 2018
Araragi sisters would be a good example and it branches to oreimo.
Sep 7, 2018 10:38 PM

Sep 2011
Gorgeously animated cuts for seemingly mundane scenes/settings
I write anarchist fantasy novels and happen to like anime - what else do you need to know?
Sep 7, 2018 10:48 PM

Apr 2016
Fanservice involving skinny guys mmmm fuck
Sep 7, 2018 10:49 PM

Jul 2017
If we're talking about things that get my heart pumping than it would be well animated action scenes. For example the action scenes in Attack on Titan (especially the ODM scenes) are something I really look forward too. (speaking of which, that latest episode of AoT was LIT)

"Do you know why snow is white? 
Because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be." - C.C.

Sep 7, 2018 10:54 PM
Aug 2018
Well, it's gotta be hentai, obviously ;)
Sep 7, 2018 11:06 PM

Sep 2014
fucking giant robots. If a show is mecha I will probably no hate it, no matter how bad.... Unless its Code Geass
Smoke Weed Everyday
Sep 7, 2018 11:23 PM

May 2015
When a hype moment is about to happen, the hype music kicks in.
Sep 7, 2018 11:31 PM
Apr 2016
My favorite type of fanservice is manservice, yes i am talking about jojo
Sep 7, 2018 11:31 PM

Mar 2016
"Nekomimi" i guess. Oh, "bikini + nekomimi" is the best

Sep 8, 2018 12:53 AM

Mar 2012
Sweet moments between my ships or my favorite character and the person they like/love/are dedicated to, need not be romantic, could be friends or family too.
Sep 8, 2018 1:16 AM

Aug 2015
GangstaYangWenli said:
fucking giant robots.

That's a hentai I would definitely watch
Sep 8, 2018 1:46 AM

Nov 2017
Gun Blasting is my favorite scene on every show, it doesnt matter even it was a western movie or anime or even goddamned p2w game.
Now Loading.....
Sep 8, 2018 1:50 AM
Apr 2017
hold on
IPreferEcchi didnt create a topic like this ;(
Sep 8, 2018 1:55 AM

Dec 2016
I'm a fujoshi so obviously I like man x man fanservice
Sep 8, 2018 2:11 AM

Apr 2016
A true fanservice, the type of fanservice you don't see anymore these days.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/37033/Emiya-san_Chi_no_Kyou_no_Gohan
Sep 8, 2018 2:14 AM

Jul 2017
There are many types of fanservice, so one of my favourites is serious characters doing silly things. Examples are Carnival Phantasm or Shingeki Kyojin Chuugakkou. I think you get the idea.
For "the other" fanservice, I like girls taking a bath. Swimsuits are fine, too, as long as their boobs aren't giant. The Monogatari fanservice is also good.
Sep 8, 2018 2:37 AM

Oct 2015
Well-written characters, complex storyline, intriguing conflict and thematically rich elements. This is the best kind of service they can give to fans.
Sep 8, 2018 2:57 AM

Apr 2016
Orhunaa said:
Well-written characters, complex storyline, intriguing conflict and thematically rich elements. This is the best kind of service they can give to fans.

Your profile picture screams otherwise.
Sep 8, 2018 3:03 AM

Oct 2015
Swagernator said:
Orhunaa said:

Your profile picture screams otherwise.

Never said I don't like other types of fanservice. But it's far from my favorite. And a quick look at my list would show you that.
Auron_Sep 8, 2018 3:09 AM
Sep 8, 2018 3:11 AM
Jul 2018
i don't like any fanservice,it would be better if it didn't exist at all
Sep 8, 2018 3:24 AM

May 2017
the ultimate fanservice for me is Yuri + Imouto = Yurimouto (drool out)
Sep 8, 2018 3:34 AM

Feb 2015
Best fanservice is that which doesn't get in the way of the story (i'm going to avoid the word plot here, lol), and doesn't feel like it was forced in there.
Sep 8, 2018 3:45 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Hmmm, bath/shower scenes, probably, out of the relatively common ways of doing it. Hot water and relaxation mixed with a some degree of nudity is awesome. But I really love it whenever cooking stuff and baking stuff gets involved, i.e. using things like icing or batter on the girl's body somehow. Naked aprons and sweet foods and stuff, it's sexy as hell to me <3

Orhunaa said:

Jesus christ.

Did I just have to get out of bed this morning? :\

Sep 8, 2018 3:48 AM

Oct 2015
Lisbon said:
Orhunaa said:

Jesus christ.

Sorry, I didn't get the implication here.
Sep 8, 2018 4:31 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Orhunaa said:
Lisbon said:

Jesus christ.

It just seems like it takes a huge degree of social unawareness to bring this up in the context of this thread, honestly. It feels really, really obvious to me what this thread and this discussion means by "fanservice," and your post basically decided to disregard as much in order to list off some vaguely-expressed standards of writing quality.

It doesn't help that grouping these things together with the type of fanservice that this thread is talking about really just does little, except contribute to painting an image of those around you as valuing the shit we're talking about over things like the series in question having an interesting theme or well-written characters, unless we explicitly reject it as relevant to this discussion to begin with, because they're being introduced as an aspect to the discussion and going unchallenged on as much. So I'm also responding with blatant negativity to make as much clear, that I'm rejecting these elements as part of the discussion when I say my bit. Because I sure as hell am not convinced that people view these types of posts as operating in a vacuum with the amount of people on this site that have bitched at me about passivity = silent agreement whenever it has come to me leaving people to just figure out what seems to be pretty obvious issues with what somebody is putting forth, and I sure as hell would find it bothersome if people thought I valued bath scenes or a naked apron over things like characterization.

Maybe if people didn't start requiring me to actively tell people that I don't agree with what somebody is doing for so long, then I could just not arse myself like I'd prefer. But yeah, I'm mostly just speaking against it as a way of rejecting pretty much everything you introduced to this thread as being fanservice as having no bearing or relevance to the thread when making my own post, and I'm doing so for adding a sake of clarity on my bit. Sorry, fam.
ManabanSep 8, 2018 4:45 AM

Sep 8, 2018 4:46 AM

Oct 2015
Lisbon said:
Orhunaa said:

It just seems like it takes a huge degree of social unawareness to bring this up in the context of this thread, honestly. It feels really, really obvious to me what this thread and this discussion means by "fanservice," and your post basically decided to disregard as much in order to list off some vaguely-expressed standards of writing quality.

It doesn't help that grouping these things together with the type of fanservice that this thread is talking about really just does little, except contribute to painting an image of those around you as valuing the shit we're talking about over things like the series in question having an interesting theme or well-written characters, unless we explicitly reject it as relevant to this discussion to begin with, because they're being introduced as an aspect to the discussion and going unchallenged on as much. So I'm also responding with blatant negativity to make as much clear, that I'm rejecting these elements as part of the discussion when I say my bit. Because I sure as hell am not convinced that people view these types of posts as operating in a vacuum with the amount of people on this site that have bitched at me about passivity = silent agreement whenever it has come to me leaving people to just figure out what seems to be pretty obvious issues with what somebody is putting forth, and I sure as hell would find it bothersome if people thought I valued bath scenes or a naked apron over things like characterization, honestly.

I think you've read too much into my post. I know what kind of service the word fanservice implies. I just wanted to take advantage of the technicality to make a mildly amusing shitpost. I'm not trying to make you look bad nor sound pretentious. I think no one would mistake you for prefering nudity over characterization by this post chain but oh well.
Sep 8, 2018 4:57 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Orhunaa said:
Lisbon said:

It doesn't help that grouping these things together with the type of fanservice that this thread is talking about really just does little, except contribute to painting an image of those around you as valuing the shit we're talking about over things like the series in question having an interesting theme or well-written characters, unless we explicitly reject it as relevant to this discussion to begin with, because they're being introduced as an aspect to the discussion and going unchallenged on as much. So I'm also responding with blatant negativity to make as much clear, that I'm rejecting these elements as part of the discussion when I say my bit. Because I sure as hell am not convinced that people view these types of posts as operating in a vacuum with the amount of people on this site that have bitched at me about passivity = silent agreement whenever it has come to me leaving people to just figure out what seems to be pretty obvious issues with what somebody is putting forth, and I sure as hell would find it bothersome if people thought I valued bath scenes or a naked apron over things like characterization, honestly.

I think you've read too much into my post. I know what kind of service the word fanservice implies. I just wanted to take advantage of the technicality to make a mildly amusing shitpost. I'm not trying to make you look bad nor sound pretentious. I think no one would mistake you for prefering nudity over characterization by this post chain but oh well.

Meh, forgive me, then. The amount of people who come in with this sort of shit totally unironically put me kind of on guard tbh, and there's a lot of recent-ish dumb shit on this board that makes me want to err on the side of caution in how my stances operate relative to other stances being stated in threads like this, to try to mitigate potential miscommunication, if nothing else.

Sep 8, 2018 5:20 AM

Oct 2015
Lisbon said:
Orhunaa said:

Meh, forgive me, then. The amount of people who come in with this sort of shit totally unironically put me kind of on guard tbh, and there's a lot of recent-ish dumb shit on this board that makes me want to err on the side of caution in how my stances operate relative to other stances being stated in threads like this, to try to mitigate potential miscommunication, if nothing else.

It's kind of ironic, creating miscommunication in an attempt to mitigate it. But yeah I do get where you're coming from, MAL users tend to took things at face value, such as no replies being equiavalent of admitting defeat somehow.

@Omelettecat I love Tanaka is Always Listless. Never really thought of it as shounen ai but it definitely is comfy and relaxing.
Sep 8, 2018 5:20 AM

Nov 2011
Hmmm probably cute borderline shounen ai to actual shounen ai scenes. There aren’t many examples of this since I’m picky, but Tanaka is always listless has some good ones, along with no.6 and Yuri on ice. 99% of anime actually tagged as shounen ai sucks.

@Orhunaa oh yeah no it’s not outright, implications of Tanaka and Ohta together are mainly used for comedic purpose but there’s a lot to see there and enjoy regardless. Tanaka constantly wanting to be married to Ohta, for example. The show has a ton of good points regardless and I agree it’s very relaxing!
OmelettecatSep 8, 2018 5:31 AM

Sep 8, 2018 5:24 AM

Jan 2013
MILF fanservice is best fanservice
Sep 8, 2018 5:28 AM
Sep 8, 2018 5:29 AM

May 2014
albertbrown said:
For me, I would have to go with Bunnygirl Meidos.
Ey, I'd have to say the same thing, especially the maid part.
Sep 8, 2018 5:50 AM

Nov 2015
Endearing bromances are essentially my bread and butter
✧༝┉˚*❋ ❋*˚┉༝✧

鼻をくすぐるGunpowder & Smoke
ジャララ飛び交うEmpty gun cartridges
紅いヒールに見惚れて うっかり風穴欲しいヤツは 挙手をしな

・゚✧*:・゚✧ 🍰 ଘ(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭* ੈ♡‧₊˚

✧༝┉˚*❋ ❋*˚┉༝✧

Sep 8, 2018 6:34 AM

Jan 2016
Them zettai ryouikis is where its at tbh.
Sep 8, 2018 6:37 AM

Oct 2017
my favorite type is brushing your sister's teeth
Sep 8, 2018 6:41 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Probably blushing. It's hard for me to tell when it's correctly done, but when it is, aghnnnn
Sep 8, 2018 2:31 PM

May 2009
Fanservice often runs a high risk of annoying me. The more shoehorned in, the more annoying.

So maybe I'd prefer something that's basically (the gynephilic equivalent of) sweaty muscular men chopping wood. So, like, for example, sleek athletic women in bodysuits piloting spaceships, or something.

Not some silly random hot springs scene. And especially not one where the boy knocks down the barrier and everyone makes an overly dramatic display of screaming.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Sep 8, 2018 2:44 PM

Nov 2012
Thicc booty. Especially Victor's booty.
Sep 8, 2018 2:50 PM

Oct 2014
I think most people refer to "fan service" as sexualized moments to please people, but I much prefer a nice ass-kicking fan service moment like when a character is talking so much about how great he is and then either MC or another character completely destroys them (whether physically, verbally, mentally, or however). That's my fan service.
Sep 8, 2018 2:56 PM

Jan 2013
Jaw-droppingly animated fight sequences.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - 8 hours ago

36 by DesuMaiden »»
5 seconds ago

» Anime that low-testosterone males can't comprehend ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

90 by ColourWheel »»
13 seconds ago

» How you feel about non-Japanese entertainment/media using Anime art style?

Dragevard - Yesterday

38 by AxiaG »»
2 minutes ago

» Anime you only knowledges about is from the memes

Spunkert - 8 hours ago

15 by AxiaG »»
3 minutes ago

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 2 hours ago

18 by AxiaG »»
4 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.