Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Hunter x Hunter' Resumes Publication

New
Sep 4, 2018 12:58 PM

Nov 2007

The official website for Hunter x Hunter manga has announced that the manga will resume on the 43rd issue of Shueisha's Weekly Shounen Jump magazine releasing on September 22. The manga went on hiatus recently on April 2, with Togashi promising for a quick resume. The 36th volume of the manga will also release on October 4.

The manga by Yoshihiro Togash began on March 1998 and has been going under many hiatus. The manga also received two different anime versions: one by Nippon Animation in 1999 and another by Madhouse in 2011.

Source: Comic Natalie
tsubasaloverSep 4, 2018 7:14 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 4, 2018 12:59 PM

Nov 2016
Give it 1 or 2 months until it is back on Hiatus
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2018 1:03 PM

Nov 2016
Greato, might pick it up again then.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 4, 2018 1:05 PM
Jul 2018
Togashi really outdid himself
Sep 4, 2018 1:06 PM

Feb 2013
A quick question for the manga readers, does it have enough chapters for a new anime?
At least a 12 episodes one?
Sep 4, 2018 1:08 PM
Dec 2012
Ulquiorra said:
A quick question for the manga readers, does it have enough chapters for a new anime?

No

Next arc (after Election) in progress
Sep 4, 2018 1:08 PM

Feb 2013
alexrus said:
Ulquiorra said:

No

Next arc in progress

Ok, thanks for the quick reply.
Sep 4, 2018 1:24 PM

Jun 2014
Cool, 10 chapters and then it's back on hiatus before the end of the year.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 4, 2018 1:24 PM
Mar 2016
Afloo said:
Give it 1 or 2 months until it is back on Hiatus

Just enough material for 1 more volume as always.
Sep 4, 2018 1:39 PM

Sep 2018
Heck yeah, finally that Tonpa arc we've all been waiting for!

Sep 4, 2018 1:49 PM

Oct 2008
Cool, might get a couple chapters before it goes back on hiatus.
Sep 4, 2018 2:00 PM

Jul 2013
Ulquiorra said:
yes. it's very dialogue heavy so they could easily do a 1-cour show but the question is more "are the chapters before the current arc enough for a 1-cour show?" (i doubt there will be a new season before at least the current arc is finished)

Edit: just looked at the chapter count. if we include the next 10 chapters there is easily enough for a 2-cour (maybe even 3-cour) season. it'll probably take a long time until the current arc is finished and the arc before (ep.149+) should be enough for about 5 or 6 episodes.
SimarSep 4, 2018 2:23 PM
Sep 4, 2018 2:08 PM

Mar 2017
Heck yeah! Best day ever!

'nom'
Sep 4, 2018 2:09 PM

Aug 2014
togashi i love you but i'm fucking dying here. please stop going on hiatus i beg. ily tho
Sep 4, 2018 2:27 PM

Mar 2014
To be honest I welcome Togashi to take breaks here and there but at least he comes back to this awesomeness which is Hunter x Hunter.

Better then whats happening with World Trigger
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Sep 4, 2018 2:33 PM
Jul 2018
great news but I smell another hxh hiatus news appearing around December, hopefully history won't be repeated this time :|
Sep 4, 2018 2:34 PM

Sep 2013
HYPE, I'm okay with 20 chapters a year, that's 2 volumes a year.
Sep 4, 2018 2:38 PM

Jun 2015
I AM THE HYYYYYYPE!
Sep 4, 2018 3:29 PM

Aug 2018
Damn. Tbh i don't think we will ever see HxH ending unless a shit ton of stuff is rushed but i'm going to enjoy whatever we get.
I never lie on the internet. What's the point of it...
the chinese noodles ad is an anime and avatar isn't!
triggered

Check out my taste and my profile.
Sep 4, 2018 3:41 PM

Mar 2014
It's really cool that we're getting new chapters twice this year, if I recall correctly the previous batch of chapters ended in March
Sep 4, 2018 3:54 PM

Aug 2010
Hey, the break wasn't even a year long this time! Woot!
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Sep 4, 2018 4:18 PM
Aug 2016
Meanwhile the anime staff are working on some mobile game app

Could someone translate this interview?
Sep 4, 2018 5:08 PM

Apr 2008
LOL for how long is it going to be this time
Sep 4, 2018 5:46 PM

Dec 2014
Unless it's gonna continue for the long run, I'll wait a year or two before catching up. :3
Sep 4, 2018 5:47 PM

Sep 2018
This news is great! Hopefully it gets adapted to continue the anime someday!
Sep 4, 2018 6:48 PM

Mar 2015
someone tell me why is this news worthy...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 4, 2018 8:31 PM

Mar 2016
Kuma said:

You're not being serious, right? HxH is hugely popular and the author is notorious for going on hiatus.
Sep 4, 2018 8:53 PM

Mar 2009
LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL
Sep 4, 2018 8:54 PM

Mar 2015
C_M_ said:
Kuma said:

You're not being serious, right? HxH is hugely popular and the author is notorious for going on hiatus.
what is news if everyone knows?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 4, 2018 9:00 PM

Mar 2009
Kuma said:
C_M_ said:

It's coming off hiatus. It's a big deal whenever HxH is back in town for fans, and this announcement was made today
Sep 4, 2018 9:03 PM

Mar 2015
Claptrap said:
Kuma said:

It's coming off hiatus. It's a big deal whenever HxH is back in town for fans, and this announcement was made today
should we reported every time togashi made hiatusses and comeback? that's like trice a year...
Sep 4, 2018 9:07 PM

Mar 2016
Kuma said:
C_M_ said:

The news is that he is no longer on hiatus. How does that not make sense to you? For example, it will also be news if and when he inevitably goes on hiatus again, regardless of whether or not that has happened before. It's the fact that the state of hiatus has just changed once again that is newsworthy.

Common knowledge of his habits isn't news, you're correct about that, but keeping track of the current state of hiatus is what is what we would call "news." I'm getting a bit redundant with my explanation, but I don't really want to have to explain this again. Not that I think you'll accept a word of what I'm saying...
Sep 4, 2018 9:13 PM

Mar 2009
@kuma
Yes, because fans are excited that they will get their weekly chapters every time.

I'm excited
Sep 4, 2018 9:20 PM

Mar 2015
C_M_ said:
Kuma said:

The news is that he is no longer on hiatus. How does that not make sense to you? For example, it will also be news if and when he inevitably goes on hiatus again, regardless of whether or not that has happened before. It's the fact that the state of hiatus has just changed once again that is newsworthy.

Common knowledge of his habits isn't news, you're correct about that, but keeping track of the current state of hiatus is what is what we would call "news." I'm getting a bit redundant with my explanation, but I don't really want to have to explain this again. Not that I think you'll accept a word of what I'm saying...

hey, everyday people dies because terrorism in middle eastern, does that news excite you every time you read it? same thing tbh as togashi hiatusses... it's become exciting's if you life in middle eastern, but outside it, it's just another passing wind...

@Claptrap ^^
Sep 4, 2018 9:25 PM

Mar 2016
Kuma said:
C_M_ said:

hey, everyday people dies because terrorism in middle eastern, does that news excite you every time you read it? same thing tbh as togashi hiatusses... it's become exciting's if you life in middle eastern, but outside it, it's just another passing wind...

@Claptrap ^^

News doesn't have to be exciting. Stop trying to twist this into something it's not.
Sep 4, 2018 9:26 PM
Apr 2015
wkwkwkwk, what ever, hope this manga will end before the author.
Sep 4, 2018 9:36 PM

Mar 2015
C_M_ said:
Kuma said:

@Claptrap ^^

News doesn't have to be exciting. Stop trying to twist this into something it's not.
not exciting literally, but interested... stopped to care because too frequently happened...
Sep 4, 2018 11:20 PM

Jan 2016
The question is when it will Hiatus again, that's the point.
Sep 4, 2018 11:37 PM

Jan 2017
I just want another 100+ episodes season before i die, smh =_=
Sep 4, 2018 11:47 PM

Apr 2011
thebrentinator24 said:
Cool, 10 chapters and then it's back on hiatus before the end of the year.

You're being pretty positive here, predicting the next hiatus to last only about a month.
Sep 5, 2018 12:12 AM

Nov 2011
Ulquiorra said:

I think yes.. But I am sure it's not okay to watch 1 cour show without main character (Gon), lol
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Sep 5, 2018 1:04 AM

Sep 2014
Kuma said:
C_M_ said:

not exciting literally, but interested... stopped to care because too frequently happened...

Then why are you here if you don't care anymore? I get it if people are annoyed (kinda at least, although I think it pretty narcissistic to be mad at Togashi without knowing any details) but if you don't care you really shouldn't be here, no?
Sep 5, 2018 1:10 AM

Mar 2015
Miragee said:
Kuma said:

Then why are you here if you don't care anymore? I get it if people are annoyed (kinda at least, although I think it pretty narcissistic to be mad at Togashi without knowing any details) but if you don't care you really shouldn't be here, no?
what i mean is that i stopped to care is not HXH as a whole, but the hiatusses it self...
Sep 5, 2018 1:46 AM
Feb 2017
So after gintama end.jump will bring back hunter to fill the empty place of gintama
Sep 5, 2018 3:36 AM
Mar 2018
Silly_Boy said:
So after gintama end.jump will bring back hunter to fill the empty place of gintama

Only a masterpiece can replace a masterpiece, I guess
Sep 5, 2018 5:52 AM

Aug 2015
The question is that when will he goes back on another hiatsu?
Sep 5, 2018 6:18 AM

Apr 2016
Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

Sep 5, 2018 5:46 PM

Jun 2014
Kuma said:
Miragee said:

what i mean is that i stopped to care is not HXH as a whole, but the hiatusses it self...

Jesus why is it so hard for you to accept that some people want to be alerted when a manga they like is coming off hiatus? This may be a regular thing at this point but that doesn't make it any less worthy of being reported considering how big the series is
Sep 6, 2018 1:29 AM

Sep 2014
Kuma said:
Miragee said:

Oh ok, that makes sense.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
4 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.