Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 2, 2018 8:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Crunchyroll streamed the first episode today.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/double-decker-doug-kirill/episode-1-howl-at-the-two-suns-777047

It started off with a more serious vibe compared to the original Tiger & Bunny series. We also got a guy named Doug who holds the Sergeant Rank. The episode introduced the setting and idea of dealing with dangerous criminals.

There are detectives, cops, etc. I think for most parts, the show maintains a feel of the anime I was expecting and there's definitely potential here. I'm pretty curious to learn about the rest of the The SEVEN-O Special Crime Investigation Unit. The idea of the show is interesting with the character pairs being tasked with dealing with trouble.
Stark700Sep 2, 2018 8:55 AM
Sep 2, 2018 12:13 PM
May 2016
For a moment I thought this is set before Tiger & Bunny because Agnes was a simple reporter, but she had a different last name here, so maybe it's just a reference to Agnes from T&B. And no talk of actual heroes, NEXT, or Ouroboros. So this may be an alternative setting after all.

Despite that I still enjoyed it and it really feels like T&B. And that Terminator reference had me in tears. I also quite like the jazzy soundtrack.

All things considered, I like the show very much and look forward to October when it actually starts airing.
Sep 2, 2018 2:41 PM

Jun 2009
OMG what a crap it doesnt brings me any wipes from tb soo bad start and was soo looking forward too it :(
Sep 2, 2018 3:33 PM

May 2018
Kinda looks gay ....................................................................................
Sep 2, 2018 3:40 PM
Jul 2018
I thought this was just decent start and certainly lives up to the premise. The artstyle particularly wasn't my liking especially some of the character designs and the action scenes doesn't feel fast-paced or lacks impact. I really liked how it presents the flashbacks and really curious to learn about other characters and how mc develops from here.

Note: there are scene played after the OP ends. Seems like another new member joined in.

EDIT:
btw am I the one who thinks their office building design looks too similar to BSD's Armed Detective Agency building?!
Sep 2, 2018 4:39 PM

Jul 2015
Do you think i need to watch Tiger & Bunny to watch this? I mean, obviously there are things related to the original one, like characters, but i'm talking about plot, do i need T&B to understand this or no? Thanks
Sep 2, 2018 5:28 PM

Jun 2012
HSoler said:
Do you think i need to watch Tiger & Bunny to watch this? I mean, obviously there are things related to the original one, like characters, but i'm talking about plot, do i need T&B to understand this or no? Thanks

I don't think so. It honestly doesn't even remind me of T&B so far. Maybe because it was too long since I saw it, but I wouldn't even guess they were related if I didn't read it on MAL beforehand.

Anyway, first episode seems interesting so far. I'll stick with it and see how it goes.
Sep 2, 2018 5:30 PM

Jul 2017
Pretty average but I'll give it a chance for the future.
Sep 2, 2018 6:02 PM

Sep 2015
Sounds like something between the gorgeous Tiger & Bunny and the shit Active Raid. Interesting.
Sep 2, 2018 7:21 PM
Jan 2016
That's an okay premiere. I was not expecting something amazing, but it's still disappointing. Especially the writing, it's quite shaky. Why did Krill decide to be naked? & why didn't Doug just do it by himself when there's nothing special about what Krill did? And apparently the villain so easily defeated?

At least the directing was quite inventive & fit the Tiger & Bunny universe's atmosphere.

SkyDrop said:
The artstyle particularly wasn't my liking especially some of the character designs and the action scenes doesn't feel fast-paced or lacks impact.

For me, the actions lacked urgency & intensity. They're boring. Though I am not sure about lacking pace, because good action scene does not need a fast pace.

JiangHaoyi1979 said:
Kinda looks gay ....................................................................................

I guess that's the point, to make an anime with BL undertone.
Sep 2, 2018 7:40 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Well, I didn’t expect this to be coming so fast. Credits to Crunchyroll!

Okay-ish average episode with little awkward moments throughout the episode and all. To be frankly honest, this episode didn’t really disappoint me since I initially had no expectations from this show to begin with and it was a fun watch nevertheless. At least, it gives off the vibes of Tiger & Bunny though, so props to that.

I’ll be keeping a watch at this, and hope that it gets better from this Episode onwards.
_MushiRock11_Sep 4, 2018 1:30 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 3, 2018 5:01 AM

Jul 2015
Mladen said:
HSoler said:

I don't think so. It honestly doesn't even remind me of T&B so far. Maybe because it was too long since I saw it, but I wouldn't even guess they were related if I didn't read it on MAL beforehand.

Anyway, first episode seems interesting so far. I'll stick with it and see how it goes.

Thanks! I'll watch the first episode, but i see that people didn't like it much, well, i have one month to episode 2, i have time to decide if i want to follow the series or not
Sep 3, 2018 6:41 AM

Jun 2015
I'm not familiar with Tiger & Bunny, but it was a pretty nice watch.
Sep 3, 2018 7:09 AM

Feb 2017
Why are the comments here so negative? o.O
This premiere was awesome!
I loved the action, the camera angles, the colorful character designs, the nice pace and stylish BGM--it was awesome! Looking forward to the next episode :D
Sep 3, 2018 7:13 AM

Oct 2017
thought you were talking about the chocolate lol
Sep 3, 2018 7:52 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
I enjoyed it, it was a fun start.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Sep 3, 2018 12:54 PM

Sep 2011
Had alot of fun with this, the sense of humor is very reminiscent of tiger and bunny but thankfully they arent really trying to recreate that show in a vain attempt to recapture that success, which is a good thing since this does seem to have the potential to really stand on its own. Even if we only got a bit of it I already am digging the chemistry between kiriil being this over the top and cartoonish dweeb whereas doug is this far more competent but unintentionally goofy guy. I mean how can you not dig doug when his only reason to use his weapon is just cause he's a detective and it fits not cause its actually useful

Very much looking forward to more and especially exploring more of the characters, i think unlike tiger and bunny we will probably be seeing everyone working together more frequently at least more so at the start than T&B did. I just hope its 2 cour like T&B did cause thats a show that greatly benefits from taking its time to have fun with the characters and this one seems to be in the same boat.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 3, 2018 1:32 PM

May 2015
I really enjoyed it! I hope they'll keep this up!
Sep 4, 2018 5:33 AM

May 2012
I enjoyed the 1st episode.

Surprised that it is rated below 7
Sep 4, 2018 6:25 AM

Sep 2011
thepath said:
I enjoyed the 1st episode.

Surprised that it is rated below 7
The score is kind of irrelevant at the moment cause alot of people who are going to watch it probably dont know its first episode released so early. The score will probably change for better or worse when the season actually starts

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 4, 2018 6:51 AM

Mar 2010
Krill is so annoying

I knew the blonde guy had death flags with his introduction but thats funny how the Krill pretty much saved him with that money LOL

It's nice to see Agnes, hope we can get some cameo on the other Tiger and Bunny characters
Sep 4, 2018 12:17 PM

Dec 2016
I wish there weren't any comedy info pauses, totally ruins the experience. Everything else seems really cool, setting, characters, animation, duos and T&B hints/references. Hopefully the rest of the episodes won't be so comedic, I felt like I was watching a Marvel movie...
I really want to know more of this series setting/timeline tho, like is it at the same time with T&B or before the events. I feel like the NEXT already exist, but the city has no NEXT heroes. The retro TVs are really stressing my brain lol
Not sure how this series will go, but if it does go south at least we are getting more of T&B projects, and one of those better be season 2
MiciAngelsSep 4, 2018 12:39 PM
Sep 4, 2018 7:51 PM

Mar 2009
Nowhere near as fun as Tiger & Bunny.
Sep 5, 2018 2:20 AM

May 2018
Guys, why calling him Krill again and again?
His name is Kirill which is russian but also have the french analogue Cyril and comes from the greek name Kyrillos.

Yep, not what I expected from T&B spinoff but it is watchable.

Sep 5, 2018 8:10 AM

Oct 2008
The art style is definitely high quality that's for sure considering it's from Sunrise, but I hope the plot is not linear episodic...
4/5.

Sep 5, 2018 2:56 PM

Nov 2013
The premise is interesting and I like the style. The comedy is pretty much hit or miss though.

Overall a good start.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Sep 5, 2018 10:38 PM
Jan 2016
This is kinda meh when you compare to tiger and bunny also i feel like this series needs a solid english dub because T&B dub was fantastic. Also you don't need to see T&B as this most likely be in a time way before heroes but just detectives. The writing is iffy however it has a really good aesthetic and strong visual presentation.

Without Prior knowledge of T&B I honestly can't say the world building isn't really well done. As the universe itself is far more interesting than this show suggests but if it's just a solid complimentary series to Tiger and Bunny that's fine. Just weird this series exist where as Tiger and Bunny Season 3 is still not a thing especially after that cliffhanger technically seasons 2.

Sep 7, 2018 2:26 PM

May 2013
Was surprised to suddenly see the first ep on cr already. First one was good, the artstyle and setting is already gold and the characters seem promising. Don't know what to expect from the story but like Tiger&Bunny I will dive in and enjoy this anime
Sep 8, 2018 6:18 AM

Nov 2017
That was pretty darn interesting. Very unique plot i might say. Looking forward to this.
Sep 9, 2018 8:53 AM
Aug 2018
this reminded me of a comedy version of Psycho Pass, no?
Sep 10, 2018 12:27 PM

May 2009
Episode was fine aside from overuse of camera slides and CGI models, in T&B it was bearable because they wore armors.
They kinda fucked up if they tought it has chance to be successful as much as T&B. For a series with HUGE fujoshi following to this day, they put too many female characters.
Also OKAPPA should be translated because no one would get it means his haircut, bob cut.
junglin7 said:
this reminded me of a comedy version of Psycho Pass, no?

Watch Tiger & Bunny
bastek66Sep 16, 2018 10:24 AM
Sep 23, 2018 12:47 AM

Jun 2016
Maybe it's just because i havent seen T&B, but i really, really liked this premiere. Great soundtrack and i like the character designs. Decent comedy as well. Then again, i like over-the-top fun stuff like this so who knows -shrug-
"Make sure to remember, every person and place has a right to exist. It's true for you too, the entire world, as a whole, is your home." - Ginko
Sep 23, 2018 4:52 PM

Sep 2011
TheMightyMushi said:
Maybe it's just because i havent seen T&B, but i really, really liked this premiere. Great soundtrack and i like the character designs. Decent comedy as well. Then again, i like over-the-top fun stuff like this so who knows -shrug-
if you liked any of this then tiger and bunny will be totally up your alley

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Sep 28, 2018 10:09 AM

Oct 2012
Cool premise. I feel like I haven't seen a copy anime in awhile. Fun, bright colors. Could be good. The humor didn't grab me though.
Sep 30, 2018 3:30 PM

Sep 2011
A nice first episode, the cast seems varied and cool enough. I also liked the main characters, especially Doug. So they are a special force which deals with stuff that the normal police can't, and they also have cool nicknames and a funny boss. I liked it.
Sep 30, 2018 5:07 PM

Mar 2016
I really love the protagonist. He's cute and quite funny. Normally, I don't like characters who want to be heroes, but this guy is so pathetic, I can't hate him at all.

I was sort of expecting it to be like Code Geass, but I guess it won't. After all the humour, I hope it won't.

This episode was quite enjoyable, and I hope this won't become bad later.

If this anime is successful, I feel like there will be a lot of yaoi doujins. The protagonist looks really Yaoiable.
Sep 30, 2018 7:27 PM

May 2017
Feels like Banana Fish level gay but with gay girls so it's all good so far
Oct 1, 2018 7:55 AM

Feb 2016
Ugh, what a terrible main character, and the "comedy" is too cringy for me.

I haven't completed Tiger & Bunny but it was definitely better than this.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 1, 2018 11:48 PM
Jun 2017
Looks interesting.... going to watch this one... hahaha
Oct 2, 2018 2:03 AM

Mar 2013
I liked it-- set in the same universe as t&b and has a similar vibe, which is a plus.
Though the weird manservice was.. bleh

So glad Jefferson didn't die. Always death flags for the family man-- happy it didn't pull through.
KilikcliaOct 2, 2018 2:09 AM
Oct 2, 2018 7:40 AM
Feb 2017
This is the story of how I became a hero...

...... 🤔
Oct 2, 2018 12:26 PM

Oct 2013
Why the fuck are they speaking casually and loud next to a terrorist with hostages
TitadouOct 2, 2018 12:31 PM
Oct 3, 2018 7:05 AM
Aug 2011
Am I the only one who is reminded of Final Fantasy Unlimited anime when I see Doug's pistol action?))
Oct 3, 2018 4:16 PM

Jan 2018
Loved it. Yaoi undertones, for sure, but there's nothing wrong with that.
Oct 5, 2018 12:10 PM

Jul 2012
Hmm... I was hoping for even more Tiger & Bunny references, but let's wait where the series goes.

This Cyrus guy was named Martinez, which made me think of Jake from T&B at once. Not sure if they are related somehow or not.

And the sign on the coins at the beginning of the episode reminded me of Ouroboros...
Oct 9, 2018 1:41 AM

Dec 2015
And I thought I was the only one who dreams about "major kidnapping in school and somehow I was the only one didn't get captured" situation, hahahaha, what Krill thinks is the same as me.
"It's only us pitchers who can prove for all to see that your gamecalling' choices ain't wrong, yeah?" Sawamura to Okumura before their first official practice game as a battery.
Oct 9, 2018 5:18 AM

Apr 2012
PureAgiMaxReborn said:
Feels like Banana Fish level gay but with gay girls so it's all good so far

This phrase is full of involuntary irony. However, I rarely see yuri bait that more aimed at a Western audience than at the Japanese.
Oct 9, 2018 4:06 PM

Feb 2013
Well that was painfully generic. Everything was just "meh".

Dropped. 2/10
Oct 12, 2018 10:59 AM
Aug 2011
Kinda hard not to compare this to Tiger & Bunny since this was kind of tagged on to that show anyway. Upon watching this I instantly missed Kotetsu. :(

First impressions were that I think it's trying a little hard to be funny and comedic.
It might find it's groove and I'll have to see what the side characters have to offer.

Although Pink already seems like a massive bitch- she's already coming off as more of a bitch than the entire combined supporting cast of T&B... At least Robot and Boxer look cool.

I'm going to stop comparing to that series anyway, if anything it's more of a Psycho-Pass feeling to me. Might just wait for this to finish airing and watch it in one go.
Oct 13, 2018 10:11 AM

Feb 2017
it's decent. it could be as enjoyable as kekkai sensen but with weaker world building.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Finished Ep 13 - are there any links to Tiger and Bunny or is it confirmed completely different universe and everything?

Animangamer - Dec 23, 2018

10 by Ksiezniczka »»
Apr 14, 10:02 AM

Poll: » Double Decker! Doug & Kirill Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2018

31 by XOHatsumi »»
Nov 7, 2022 9:35 PM

Poll: » Double Decker! Doug & Kirill Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2018

23 by Stardew »»
Mar 26, 2021 12:19 AM

Poll: » Double Decker! Doug & Kirill Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2018

17 by Stardew »»
Mar 26, 2021 12:07 AM

Poll: » Double Decker! Doug & Kirill Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2018

19 by Stardew »»
Mar 25, 2021 11:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.