Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 2, 2018 1:20 PM

Oct 2014
Ryuseishun said:

I can't be the only guy who laughed so hard when Historia called Eren a crybaby xDD

Biggest plot twist so far xD
Sep 2, 2018 1:21 PM

Oct 2013
Saeedpoppa said:
keragamming said:

Lool when someone think they are smart ass but actually is the opposite, wont even bother explaining anything to you keep making assumption and thinking it is all facts, knowing you are full blown hater of the series, its pointless wasting my time, just carry on with your bullshit.

Because there's no better way to prove someone is wrong by dismissing everything they say and labelling them a hater. You sure showed him.

Trust me it is all bullshit, he is assuming that it is the exact same material as Annie, simple because it looks similar, trust me if he was someone I did not know I would have put the effort and explain it, but since I know this user and see that only negative things come out of his mouth when it comes to snk, I don't bother wasting my time explaining anything.

keragammingSep 2, 2018 1:25 PM
Sep 2, 2018 1:26 PM
Nov 2017
Good episode I never expected less, I always knew Kenny would show his true colors for someone to act loyal all along I would call it an act.all thanks to armins idea of using smoke flairs and barrels with canisters to create an opening, Levi and mikasa's attack was a spike to their plan, that idea was the best to keep their precise location hidden, having that they had higher handicap using blades and Sasha using bow and arrow surely pose a little bit of threat mostly at their back, their anchor deploying mechanism and the fact that they had only 2 shots and reload put them at disadvantage and leave their back open for Levi squad to attack ...on the other hand Kenny and Rod reiss had theirs to settle, what would have happened if historia complied to rod?
Eren looked hopeless I had to pity him, historia's badass display and all, I was really impressed with the episode ,giving it a 4.5/5
Sep 2, 2018 1:30 PM

Dec 2015
I didn't feel the fight well animated.
Anyway, good episode!
Sep 2, 2018 1:35 PM
May 2018
Whats the name of the ost when kenny is confronting rod? has it been released it or is it part of an album of past seasons please tell me!
Sep 2, 2018 1:40 PM
Dec 2015
Parkrover said:
Anyway, good episode!

This is the pinnacle of great animation for an anime. Show me something better ?
Sep 2, 2018 1:50 PM
Nov 2016
What an incredible episode. I love Shingeki no Kyojin just so so much! <3
I loves everything: The fight between Levi squad and Kenny squad. Also Levi and Mikasa were so good animated!! :)
And the character developpement of Christa :o and Eren. It was amazing. Ahhh, I love it soo much.
I watched this episode twice today.
Sep 2, 2018 1:53 PM

Dec 2015
W123 said:
Parkrover said:
Anyway, good episode!

This is the pinnacle of great animation for an anime. Show me something better ?

Any fight in One Punch Man.
Sep 2, 2018 2:00 PM
Jan 2017
keragamming said:
Saeedpoppa said:

Because there's no better way to prove someone is wrong by dismissing everything they say and labelling them a hater. You sure showed him.

Trust me it is all bullshit, he is assuming that it is the exact same material as Annie, simple because it looks similar, trust me if he was someone I did not know I would have put the effort and explain it, but since I know this user and see that only negative things come out of his mouth when it comes to snk, I don't bother wasting my time explaining anything.

Lol , what that guy said was hilarious. He indeed thinks he is a smart-ass and trying to stand out from the crowd.That's just straight up nitpicking. Everyone knows that no work can be perfect completely , and perfection can never be achieved. There is always little inconsistencies. What we should really care about is the story and the characters.
I just wanted to give one explanation that swords and bare fists can't do any damage to the crystals. As from the today's ep , only guns had done damange to the crystal and that are dents ONLY. And titans don't possess guns.So ,thye can't break the walls. And even if they tried to get Annie out of the crystal but using guns , then they coyuld have killed her.
Sep 2, 2018 2:03 PM
Sep 2018
the name of the track at the end please (when Historia is releasing Eren)
Sep 2, 2018 2:06 PM

Apr 2013
Amazing episode, great action and also informative. Levi and Mikasa really wreaked havoc there, I hope Mikasa gets that blonde girl who injured Hange in the next episode.
I actually had the same question that Historia asked, if they really have the power to bring peace to humanity, why didn't they do so before the colossal titan broke the outer wall? It makes no sense to me, I think they just want to keep the power in the family and don't actually have any means to do it.
Historia and Eren both annoyed me a bit. First Historia since she spoke about her "duty" to eat Eren for the Reiss family. And then Eren who actually believed everything Rod Reiss said and wanted to get eaten. I mean that dude is quite the scumbag in my books.
Did not expect him to turn into a titan just by licking up that liquid, also why did he even got his hands on that? I thought Eren's father kinda invented it, but apparently I was wrong. Also that was the first time I noticed that his father told Eren to avenge his mother in the flashback, so is the Reiss family somehow responsible for the walls getting breached in the first place?

As usual a lot of questions got raised, but at least we get a lot of answers as well this season :3
Sep 2, 2018 2:13 PM
Dec 2015
Parkrover said:
W123 said:

As much as I enjoy One Punch Man, the quality and fluidity in animation is nowhere near the complexity at which Wit Studio presents in SnK. One Punch Man follows the traditional 'sketchy' shounen animation so comparing such low tier animation to the likes of SnK is a bit farfetched kiddo
Sep 2, 2018 2:15 PM

Oct 2017
Roy_Cybertron said:
keragamming said:

Lol , what that guy said was hilarious. He indeed thinks he is a smart-ass and trying to stand out from the crowd.That's just straight up nitpicking. Everyone knows that no work can be perfect completely , and perfection can never be achieved. There is always little inconsistencies. What we should really care about is the story and the characters.
I just wanted to give one explanation that swords and bare fists can't do any damage to the crystals. As from the today's ep , only guns had done damange to the crystal and that are dents ONLY. And titans don't possess guns.So ,thye can't break the walls. And even if they tried to get Annie out of the crystal but using guns , then they coyuld have killed her.

Hum. The king said the first of his line created the crystal chamber and walls with their royal bloodline trait. So Annie, blond girl from s1, is royalty?

Another thing to think about, is if they knew who Eren was, considering he has the same last name as his father, and his name would show up on military rosters which the nobles could read at any time, why did they let him level up and get stronger? Why didn’t they grab him when he was noob and let Historia eat him then. Before they became friends/lovers whatever they are now. Furthermore, why would the king even let his daughter join the military? They were being hunted and killed by Eren’s father. It would seem dangerous to keep your only heir in the same place as the son of the guy killing your family.
Sep 2, 2018 2:17 PM

Jan 2013
Absolutely LOVED Historia this episode. What a badass character. But of course Eren continues to be a bitch, smh I don't remember the last time Eren did something worthy.

I misjudged Kenny, he's actually a cool character
Sep 2, 2018 2:23 PM
Dec 2015
Username23489023 said:
Roy_Cybertron said:

Hum. The king said the first of his line created the crystal chamber and walls with their royal bloodline trait. So Annie, blond girl from s1, is royalty?

Another thing to think about, is if they knew who Eren was, considering he has the same last name as his father, and his name would show up on military rosters which the nobles could read at any time, why did they let him level up and get stronger? Why didn’t they grab him when he was noob and let Historia eat him then. Before they became friends/lovers whatever they are now. Furthermore, why would the king even let his daughter join the military? They were being hunted and killed by Eren’s father. It would seem dangerous to keep your only heir in the same place as the son of the guy killing your family.

I assume there can be many people with the last name 'Jaeger'. And in regards to the the nobles, there's no way that they could have known that Grisha allowed himself to be eaten by his son thus possessing the Founding Power.

Most of your questions can be answered by the use of common sense - if you can muster the courage to use what little you have of it.

Sep 2, 2018 2:24 PM

Jun 2009
OMG strong episode
first the awesome battle in the halls the downfall of hange and than the withstanding of her father loved the ost their
amazing 10/10
Sep 2, 2018 2:24 PM

Aug 2013
You know your fight scene is about to get lit when you hear David Whitaker rapping in the background. Ahhh Hiroyuki Sawano, your compositions give me so much zen.
Don't believe the hype.
Sep 2, 2018 2:26 PM

Oct 2017
I’ve thought about it, and it only makes sense if the first king only had scream, and all titans can transform into crystal. Then he just tells them to form a circle and crystallize. But that would mean titans can create crystals at will. Why don’t they create crystal swords or shields. or turn parts of their body into crystal and break through the wall or other titans.
Sep 2, 2018 2:27 PM

Oct 2017
W123 said:
Username23489023 said:

I assume there can be many people with the last name 'Jaeger'. And in regards to the the nobles, there's no way that they could have known that Grisha allowed himself to be eaten by his son thus possessing the Founding Power.

Most of your questions can be answered by the use of common sense - if you can muster the courage to use what little you have of it.

Ok, lets say it’s a common name. Why not round up all Jaegers and interrogate and execute them until they find Eren, then use him as leverage against his father.
Sep 2, 2018 2:30 PM

Dec 2015
W123 said:
Parkrover said:

As much as I enjoy One Punch Man, the quality and fluidity in animation is nowhere near the complexity at which Wit Studio presents in SnK. One Punch Man follows the traditional 'sketchy' shounen animation so comparing such low tier animation to the likes of SnK is a bit farfetched kiddo

I just felt that this fight didn't have the fluidity that Episode 2's one had.
The scene when Mikasa made a killing spree (min 5:06) was the worst for me.
Sep 2, 2018 2:32 PM

May 2015
Big Daddy is cumming. :DDD

Very nice OST when Hisoria made her choice. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 2, 2018 2:37 PM

Apr 2016
another great action sequence in this episode!
Eren hitting rock bottom emotionally was pretty depressing, but I loved the scene where Historia took control!
one of the weirdest looking titans in the series incoming!
Sep 2, 2018 2:41 PM

Feb 2014
Damn, what an amazing episode!

The intensity was off the scales throughout, with Levi's ambitious attack on Kenny's group, which started out well but it came to a shuttering halt when Hange got seriously injured. I hope she's ok. D=

But it was more intense with Historia though, listening to her father's constant explanations, which seemed to have annoyed Kenny. He made his move, which made Rod Reiss panic, and thus, led to Historia's personality doing a complete 180 and turning into a badass! She verbally stomp on Rod's sorry backside, along with throwing him onto the ground and also rescued Eren, while also calling him a crybaby and punching him on the head, too. XD

Now Rod has gone into desperate mode and has now turned into a titan himself. I doubt he'll last much longer now, so I look forward to his potential demise next time. =P
Sep 2, 2018 2:45 PM

Nov 2010
W123 said:
Parkrover said:
Anyway, good episode!

Lol no. This episode was nowhere near the pinnacle of animation. It was decent, both animation and direction wise, that's it. This anime can do much better.
Sep 2, 2018 2:51 PM

Sep 2016
Great episode, one of the best it.

I loved the animation scenes with Mikasa and Levi, the ost was lit... and especially the Levi x Kenny moment, this wasn't in the manga but holy shit it was amazing... I really felt this episode, something i was missing... i mean...

We had a quality amount of action, drama and info, like i really got hyped with Levi's squad x Kenny's squad, i really felt Eren's pain (Kaji Yuki is such a talented guy) and i really joined on how they handled the info like the reason why Reiss Family didn't erase titans from the world, or how they turn into people in titans... also i really joyned mah boy Armin showing how intelligent he is by guessing the Anti-Personal MG weakness ( Plus: someone save mah badass baby hanji )

Amazing episode
Sep 2, 2018 2:54 PM

Sep 2016
Parkrover said:
Anyway, good episode!

It's good animation in this episode, but not the pinnacle of great animation, specially when we have Season 3 episode 2... that was the pinnacle of SNK's animation
Sep 2, 2018 2:59 PM

Nov 2017
Amazing episode!

The fight is CRAZY as usual but Rod Reiss is totally crazy!
ElyshionDec 13, 2019 3:57 PM
Sep 2, 2018 3:05 PM
May 2016
Qio420 said:
Manaarii_0 said:
Summary of the episode: Mikasa and Levi being badasses as always, Eren has now depression and Historia finally joined the Dark Side...while Kenny was grabbing some pop-corn! But her father seems to have a HUGE anger....

More seriously, what was and excellent episode, Wit Studio is doing a good job in adapting the manga.
I am now sure that this arc will end with episode 9. (question for the others manga readers: do you think they will add more stuff to the next arc? Because it was more action packed than the uprising one and it should last 12 episodes...but now it seems it will be 15 episodes)

please dont discuss manga here

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

i've reported you already

Don't be a dick, he didn't spoil anything directly.
Sep 2, 2018 3:07 PM

May 2015
Seems like I'm in the minority here, but I thought this episode was mediocre in comparison to the previous 6. The animation was pretty poor and the choice of music felt off, too. Oh well, still very excited for what's to come! :)
Sep 2, 2018 3:10 PM

Aug 2012
Username23489023 said:

Ok, lets say it’s a common name. Why not round up all Jaegers and interrogate and execute them until they find Eren, then use him as leverage against his father.

If you are so smart, why dont you ask how did they know grisha name. It was never implied they knew who grisha was, he just went there, killed the family and thats it.
Sep 2, 2018 3:13 PM

Jan 2017
damn historia being evil all of a sudden feels weird, it's the first time that i actually noticed her at all throughout the series. what will she come up with to destroy humanity? last seconds of the episode were intense af
Sep 2, 2018 3:14 PM

Nov 2013
HISTORIA OMG!
easily tied with Mikasa for best girl of the anime (at least for me)

what happened to Hange tho? please, don't tell me she died like that
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Sep 2, 2018 3:14 PM
Dec 2015
Username23489023 said:
W123 said:

There's many flaws to this illogical argument - how would the nobles know that Grisha specifically had a son? And assuming that the nobles did believe in Eren's existence it'd be improbable for them to assume that Grisha allowed Eren to keep the same last name (reverse psychology, so to speak).

You're nitpicking the tiniest of details in hopes to find a flaw in a somewhat impeccable series - you might as well question why the grass is green in SnK while you're at it kiddo lmao.
Sep 2, 2018 3:17 PM

Jun 2012
Didn't Kenny cut Eren, which would technically allow him to transform?
Sep 2, 2018 3:18 PM

Feb 2018
Modernoir said:
Qio420 said:

please dont discuss manga here

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

i've reported you already

u can fuck off just like the guy posting about manga in the anime discussion only
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2018 3:28 PM

Dec 2015
adrian_and_sela said:
Didn't Kenny cut Eren, which would technically allow him to transform?

But Eren needs to have a goal in mind in order to transform into a titan. Since he was on that depressed mode, he stayed like a human
Sep 2, 2018 3:33 PM
May 2016
Qio420 said:
Modernoir said:

u can fuck off just like the guy posting about manga in the anime discussion only

You must have a lot of friends.
Sep 2, 2018 3:36 PM

Feb 2014
An absolutely incredible episode. Wow! The music, the animation, the voice acting, like holy shit. This season has surpassed the manga in pretty much every way so far, I cannot wait for next week.

Historia taking her destiny into her own hands is one of the greatest moments in the series for me, so fucking awesome. Historia UNLEASHED!
Sep 2, 2018 3:41 PM

Feb 2018
Modernoir said:
Qio420 said:

thanks how did you know
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2018 3:53 PM
Nov 2017
Modernoir said:
Qio420 said:

That was quite clear, DO Not discuss manga or anything that will happen in the next episode here
Its simple
Sep 2, 2018 3:56 PM

Nov 2013
Username23489023 said:
Why does Eren need to be awake for the ceremony? Wouldn’t it be easier if he was unconscious? or better yet, use the syringe to take his spinal fluid and just inject it into Historia.

Doesn't work like that. When the spinal fluid of a Titan is injected into someone, they can only become mindless titans. To regain consciousness they have to eat a Titan Shifter.

Username23489023 said:
Titans don’t have a digestive track or asshole, how exactly do they absorb spinal fluid? When they finish the transformation the titan body disappears into smoke, does this mean the human remains inside of it turn into smoke as well? Or is there just a pile of human remains lying on the ground. If the human remains turns into smoke, why doesn’t the transformer’s body turn into smoke as well?

They still have a stomach to absorb the fluid. Titans vomit human bodies after a while, go back to episode 13 of the first season. And the only time in the manga a Titan Shifter ate someone was when they got the powers of a Titan Shifter in first place, so there is no human in their stomachs when you see their titan bodies disappearing. in the series.

Username23489023 said:
These wall crystals were impenetrable right? That’s why they couldn’t get to the other blond titan girl from first season, and why titans cannot break through the walls.

Nobody said they were the same crystals. You can't assume that every crystal in the world that looks alike is same. And the reason titans can't get through the wall has nothing to do with them being tough, it's because there are Colossal Titans inside.
Sep 2, 2018 3:57 PM

Feb 2014
I also just wanna say I loved how Kenny became a spectator and just wanted a good show hahaha! At the end he was like,

Sep 2, 2018 4:19 PM

Nov 2013
Username23489023 said:
Why didn’t they use the pneumatic guns from the previous guys they killed?

If the king can control memories, how do we even know all this backstory is real? Why would Eren’s father leave him all alone without explaining any of this? Don’t they have pen and paper? Put a little note in his lunchbox. If the noble bloodline traits are so strong how did ninja girls’s parent die so easy from thieves? Thieves that were easily defeated by children.

They are not trained to use Guns, only swords. It would do more harm than good.

Because a few noble families did not have their memories erased.

Noble bloodline may make you strong, but they do not allow you to see a knife coming from the other side of the door.
Sep 2, 2018 4:23 PM

Sep 2014
Crazy episode, crazy soundtracks. I have goosebumps. Snk girls truly are something else!
Sep 2, 2018 4:29 PM

Nov 2013
Username23489023 said:

The crystals are a power common to several titans. The power exclusive of the royal titan is to control other titans and memories.

Because they had no way of knowing Eren ate his father. They guessed that when he showed up as a titan in Trost and have been trying to get him since. First peacefully and starting this season, with force.

And who said Rod knew his daughter was with the military? As far as I remember he washed his hands of the subject "bastard daughter" as soon as she got a new name and she entered the military on her own.
Sep 2, 2018 4:33 PM

Jul 2016
The best girl calling herself worst girl enemy of humanity. I really like more of Historia's character development in this arc here. I understand that Eren felt hopeless and gave up, since he did just know the sin of his father resulting to many deaths of his love ones and comrades, that must hurt so much. Kinda sad we didn't get the whole dialogue of Kenny while shaking the knife on Rod's mouth.
Sep 2, 2018 4:38 PM

Nov 2013
Username23489023 said:
I’ve thought about it, and it only makes sense if the first king only had scream, and all titans can transform into crystal. Then he just tells them to form a circle and crystallize. But that would mean titans can create crystals at will. Why don’t they create crystal swords or shields. or turn parts of their body into crystal and break through the wall or other titans.

Mindless titans cannot do that. And the Titan Shifters that can are unable to just shape the crystals in whenever shape they want, they just cover their skins with them.
As for the walls, they are obviously made of normal materials on the outer layer. The crystalized titans are on the inside.
Sep 2, 2018 4:44 PM
Apr 2010
cant see why she decided not to become a titan
Sep 2, 2018 5:22 PM

Oct 2013
What an episode. Never expected Eren to actually accept his faith like that and Christa saying she's humanities number one enemy.

Hope Hange is still able to fight too.

Sep 2, 2018 5:23 PM

Nov 2013
R4diance said:
cant see why she decided not to become a titan

Because if she did she would lose the will to fight the titans and would try to keep humanity forever inside the walls. Just like it happened to her sister and uncle when they received the memories of the first king.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sapewloth - Aug 8, 2018

117 by Adrian610 »»
Apr 8, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2018

443 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 6:23 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2018

243 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2018

214 by Apreggi »»
Mar 19, 4:41 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2018

188 by Apreggi »»
Mar 19, 4:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.