Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Cells at Work!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 1, 2018 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Awesome episode of training. T-cells needs to be strong if they want to do their jobs.

I'm quite impressed by the realism of the training as it looks like the type of boot camp that prepares trainees. Also found the character bonding this episode to be noteworthy. I didn't expect it in this type of anime but it's noticable how human-like the characters behave.

That fist exchange and then handshake was a great moment.
Sep 1, 2018 9:58 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

Such heartfelt coming of age tales, the human body is the container of so much inspiration. :)
I personally loved the little origin story. XD
Bakamitai! xD

Gotta admit that the exam was kinda ridiculous with all those pictures of cells that suggest they were infected. XDD

The last scene was priceless.

Sep 1, 2018 10:08 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Lol that intro variant though sure was funny. To think they were classmates in the past though. Both Helper T and Killer T sure were quite different in the past being total contrasts to their current selves. That was quite the interesting surprise test though. That was some great advice that helper provided Killer during the test though. It was funny seeing their current selves get embarrassed after seeing the photo's of their younger selves though. An excellent episode that expanded upon Helper and killer's relationship by showing their shared past.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2018 11:33 AM

Jan 2012
Green dude cell is so dark xD

Sep 1, 2018 12:13 PM

Jul 2013
Now that I watch this animated, the implication that the thymocytes who failed the final test got killed makes this much more darker, especially since the show so far has avoided the thing of not ordinary cells dying (with even the neutrophils surviving situations where they should have died). At least our main lymphocytes passed it, and now maintain a healthy relationship of snark.

Dendritic Cell is the Devil in a green suit. That bastard... He was present since everything begun.

The seocnd part of the opening being featured this episode took me by surprise, but since it is centered in Killer T Cell, I guess it's fitting.
Sep 1, 2018 1:20 PM

Sep 2014
Helper's and Killer's reaction when they saw the album was priceless.
Was nice seeing them in their younger days, also Regulatory a hottie <3
Sep 1, 2018 1:22 PM
Nov 2017
This episode was exceptional, I thought it was going to be normal character development but the side story completely surprised me for good :D

Also I am very glad that they used the second part of the main song as a new opening. It really fits in this episode! (And the next ones I think)
Sep 1, 2018 1:34 PM

May 2015
Omg the backstory was amazing. Killer T reminds me of Asta/Naruto lol.
Sep 1, 2018 1:50 PM

Feb 2018
i loved this episode last episode i didnt really like killer t for punching wbc

but now i like killer t lol with his little backstory nd his nerdy friend in boot camp

what a great show

need more platelets screen time
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2018 2:08 PM

Sep 2011
I just love how these cells aren't just, well, cells fulfilling their functions, but they're also full-fledged characters that are being fleshed out. It was a joy to watch this episode with the coming-of-age story of the T Cells, which was great, and with it we got to know more about them, and it's satisfying to see how much they have changed, but that at the same time some things are just the same. I was expecting to know why Killer T feels so strongly about not associating with the other cells, but I'm glad with what we got. Dendritic Cell is kind of stalkerish though, and that cross counter was on point. lol
Sep 1, 2018 2:30 PM

Mar 2018
Now we need a platelets episode.
Today's episode was great, and the voices change in the OP was unexpected
Sep 1, 2018 2:57 PM

Nov 2016
That was another cool story, episodes like this make me wish that this would be multiple cour with some arc strucure.

Qio420 said:

estebassist said:
Now we need a platelets episode

@FeministSenpai this

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 1, 2018 3:39 PM

Mar 2017
FMmatron said:
That was another cool story, episodes like this make me wish that this would be multiple cour with some arc strucure.

Qio420 said:

estebassist said:
Now we need a platelets episode

@FeministSenpai this

Platelet should be the main character of this show...for good...
Sep 1, 2018 5:28 PM

Dec 2016
This episode was pretty solid, nothing special tho
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Sep 1, 2018 6:14 PM

Nov 2017
there is something wrong with the OP song, are you guys doesnt notice it?
Now Loading.....
Sep 1, 2018 7:30 PM

Oct 2015
The regulatory t cell was a ghost member in their friendship judging from the back story. Yeah T cells work intensively, but that back story test was really stupid if I may say. But the present training by Killer t cell to the cadets is rigorous and very unforgiving, considering he was a wimp then.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 1, 2018 8:20 PM

Jan 2017
This is easily the best episode of the series so far (for me at least). Love the background story.

Sep 1, 2018 9:56 PM
Jan 2016
Who's "the person in the mask"? Did I miss something or what?
Sep 1, 2018 10:06 PM

Dec 2016
Kababi said:
Who's "the person in the mask"? Did I miss something or what?

Probably Monocyte. http://cellsatwork.wikia.com/wiki/Macrophage#Monocyte
Sep 1, 2018 11:34 PM

Jan 2018
FeministSenpai said:

Platelet should be the main character of this show...for good...

He is not a lolicon he is a feminist
Sep 1, 2018 11:44 PM
Jul 2018
This was another unusual episode not featuring monster-of-the-week format and rather more like telling their backstory to feel connected with our characters which was quite enjoyable nevertheless but wasn't educational compare to other episodes XD
Sep 2, 2018 12:01 AM

Jun 2013
Hilarious how they made it seem like these cells actually train in bootcamp (thymus) to get sorted into T-Cells.

I've been watching this series as an Anime rather than for searching for accurate information, then again, the bacteria 'bleeds' when Neutrophil and the other WBCs kill them. I know it's for dramatic purposes but it's just fucking hilarious and over-the-top sometimes. Yes, I know they do show tidbits of information every now and then but it leans more toward the artistic or Anime side than it does the informational side.

Anyway with most manga and Anime, I like a good backstory. Killer T Cell may be a Jojo cell now but he was naive and weak just like the noobs he bullies. Love how Macrophage is always helping out train everyone from RBCs to WBCs.
臭い-
Sep 2, 2018 1:20 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Great Episode!

Starting off with the intro variant which was hilarious for some reason especially when the Macrophage’s part came, but the best part definitely goes to the backstory. It’s nice to see the duo, or the trio if you consider the Regulatory T Cell, still at it with their own ways. I got to say, though, @Stark700, nailed it with the comparison between trainees in real life compared to that of the Cells. It really gives off the realistic vibes, and that’s pleasing to see!

Looking forward to the next episode although I have no idea what’s to come, thanks particularly to the title.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 2, 2018 1:23 AM
Aug 2015
This episode was very shounen, I like it :)
Sep 2, 2018 1:40 AM
Sep 2, 2018 3:44 AM

Mar 2016
I was wondering why they used the second half of the opening theme this episode. Well, now I know, and I loved it!

The guy in the green clothes has such a sweet voice. It's so hard to believe he is Isaac Foster.

My heart was not prepared for the platelets. How dare they attack us without warning!
Sep 2, 2018 5:05 AM
Oct 2007
Watching this show never fail to put a smile on my face!
Sep 2, 2018 5:06 AM

Nov 2014
This episode kinda reminded me of basic military training, it ain't pleasant but you learn a thing or two from it definitely.

Nice to see some backstory to some of the characters we've been seeing around.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Sep 2, 2018 5:26 AM

Jul 2017
bondtux said:
there is something wrong with the OP song, are you guys doesnt notice it?

Yeap, that is Killer T and Macrophage's part of the OP song (essentially Verse 3 and 4, Chorus 2), since this week features the Killer T cells!

Finally the 2nd part of the OP song is heard, so so glad! And now...the relationship between the T cells...is one of willpower and stance...

Oh so the basic military training as captured from @Stark700, our body T cells going through army...through high hell and rain!
KANLen09Sep 2, 2018 5:30 AM
Sep 2, 2018 5:46 AM

Feb 2014
I wasn't expecting to hear the second part of the OP song to be played, but since it has Killer T Cell singing it, along with Macrophage, it does make sense for this episode and it was still as amusing to listen as the first part of the song. =)

I found it pretty funny to see how Killer and Helper T Cell were so different when they were younger at the boot camp. Despite his cold-like personality, it was still nice to see Helper T Cell encouraging and helping Killer T Cell to improve his skills throughout the episode.

As for Dendritic cell, he is fabulously creepy and it shows so easily in this episode. Either way, he's an amusing character in his own right as well. =P

I'm still hoping for a Platelet-only episode, but I doubt that's going to happen. D=
Sep 2, 2018 8:05 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I had a feeling that Macrophage was singing the OP, her voice is rather easy to tell, though I had no idea Killer T was also singing it.

Overall, I really enjoyed this episode since we got see the backstory about the T Cells.
The way they changed was pretty interesting. Killer T became very disciplined much like how Helper T Cell was at the begging.
I found it hilarious how Helper T cell was all wiggling as he was telling Killer T that it was his fault he's more laid back now lol

White Blood Cell and Platelet chan:

Sep 2, 2018 9:19 AM

Jan 2015
This was good... A nice and welcome break from the previously formulaic episode structure.
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Sep 2, 2018 11:23 AM
Apr 2018
I prefer episodes that focus on red or white blood cell but it wasn't a bad episode.
Sep 2, 2018 12:22 PM

Apr 2017
I really enjoyed this episode. Alternative version of OP was nice, though it took me by surprise. It was interesting to see Killer T and Helper T cell's flashback. I think that this series does character development really well, and I could feel their feelings with them.
The green cell sure is quite a troll though, showing those embarrassing youth photos all the time. He is also kinda stalker, but it seems to work to encourage new recruits, so I guess he is doing his job well that way.
And while we only got glimpse of platelets this episode again, they were as cute as ever. I hope we get episode with more platelets soon.

Art by ギャット GFX by aryandil
Sep 2, 2018 1:52 PM

Aug 2018
The alternatieve OP was suprising for sure, but I really want to wistle along with Red Blood Cell & White Blood Cell.

Iether way; I can feel several people are now writing fanfics of Killer T Cell and Helper T Cell because that's how the internet works.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Sep 2, 2018 2:04 PM

Mar 2018
Was it just me or did the quality level of the animation in this episode seem substantially lower than the rest of the series thus far?

Lots of static/panning frames, lots of backgrounds with little or no detail, recycled animations (closeup of the drill instructor). This must have been a budget saver episode.

Still enjoyed it though.
owarida6Sep 2, 2018 2:38 PM
Sep 2, 2018 2:04 PM

Jan 2013
Amazing episode. The characters are filled with a lot of stories and emotions, they guy who wrote this manga did a fantastic job.
When they were kids they were completely the opposite of what they are now xD Dendric cells are the worst xD they are like those girls that everything about everyone haha But they are just doing their job.

And it the end that girl remained with them xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 2, 2018 2:11 PM

Apr 2015
That change in the OP was quite the surprise! Good episode and I am really digging these little background stories of characters.
Sep 2, 2018 7:54 PM

May 2015
"Hey you! Quit that loud bellyaching! Drop out right now!" WTF LOL!

Cute how the macrophages are always smiling...

Helper T helping out Killer T with the special art!

And we have a sunset scene with Helper T and Killer T. Shippers where you at?

Regulatory T being a Regulatory T to regulate Helper T and Killer T.

Yay for Dendritic cells! Hope for more memories and important information to come!

Oooh, Staphylococcus Aureus next episode! Can't miss that!
Sep 2, 2018 8:31 PM

Jan 2017
Dendritic cell is a damn troll lmao. Also, the change in OP was a pleasant touch.
Sep 3, 2018 1:54 AM

Sep 2007
Oh damn, didn't thought they would use the second part of the opening ! :o
Damn, another superb episode !
Sep 3, 2018 4:06 AM

Jul 2017
Solid episode. Nice to see some of the cells have their backstories showcased.

And that felt weird to say.
Sep 3, 2018 4:18 AM
Aug 2018
a good teen story of T-cells.
looking forward for
platelets chan.
Sep 3, 2018 8:33 AM

Jun 2015
I was waiting for an episodes where we would see more about lymphocytes and this episode totally satisfied me.

Sep 3, 2018 10:06 AM

Mar 2018
That dendritic cell is such a stalker
Sep 3, 2018 12:00 PM

Mar 2016
The opening was different right? Like the people singing it???
I swear it was different!

Anyways good episode. I sorta like these backstory episodes they’ve been doing
Killer T Cell was cute when he was younger ☺️✨
Sep 3, 2018 5:49 PM

Sep 2013
From what they were showing since the cancer arc I was not expecting for this episode to be so accurate, but well it was like that at the beginning, it still amazes me tho how they can add this kind of story and feelings and still keep the fisiology close to reallity, loved how they explained the positive and negative selection, would have loved to also that they explained how they migrate from the bone marrow to the thymus.

Hope next chapter we get more of eritocite-chan, I like this chapters but with her it would be perfect.
"It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious."
FAL SPRING 2019 Rank 650 FAL FALL 2019 Rank 136
Sep 3, 2018 8:50 PM

Jul 2016
The changes in the OP were also a nice surprise. Macrophage has such a sweet voice.

Probably my least favorite episode but it's just because I didn't find Killer T really interesting. It was a good ep. tho.

I wasn't expecting him to be so... weak, well, weaker than I inicially thought. But now, I can understand why he's so arrogant and rude... and ashamed of his past xD

P.S.: I would also love the see an episode only focused on the Platelets (again) but since that may not happen, I hope for an ep. focused on Macrophage-san!!
Sep 4, 2018 6:18 AM

Apr 2015
The episodes with the T-cells are the least interesting.

The message of the episodes is basically championing hardness, survival of the fittest; maybe correct, but not attractive or compelling at all.
Storylines very basic and uninspiring. Biggest strength of the show, which is the inside-the-body concept, is least evident.
That combined with the rather uninteresting characters and the usual Cells at Work production value(not high).

Liked Sakurai though. He's a god
LanzSep 4, 2018 6:30 AM
Sep 4, 2018 7:21 AM
Jun 2017
yeah!!! T cell training sure is hard one, as they are the last line defenders of the WBC's... hahaha... i like how they have differentiated the different roles of each t cells and the process of selection.

GREAT EPISODE!!

NEXT WEEK is the another bacterial infection- S. aureus!!! yeah!!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2018

153 by Seraschi »»
Apr 16, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2018

81 by Seraschi »»
Apr 16, 1:57 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2018

72 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2018

82 by Mario_M_001 »»
Apr 14, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2018

88 by Seraschi »»
Apr 7, 3:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.