Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2018 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, even from what Phantom Thieves acomplished with their latest treasure hunt, they are concerned about what they did.

Seems like a rather moody episode though and honestly, the first half bored me. However, Hifumi makes her appearance and meets Ren school which sparked more of my interest.

Also, that feeling of despair...
Sep 1, 2018 8:59 AM

Nov 2007
Police lady is appointed to the mission.

Art university guy expected that everyone else would think it's the group's fault. Even there's a false notice to the principal.

Police came to investigate about the group.

Someone sending to confuse everything about the group.

That boy who created the site for the group giving a job and targetted a young male actor. He looks suspicious, though.

The main guy met that lady the group met at the island, becoming shogi partner and listen to her worry.

The twin tail girl's friend is well, but mother is getting her transferred because of what happened related to the group, so she went to that place again.

That boy who created the site for the group created another himself. This time they didn't do anything but just talking over. He regained himself by himself.

Shogi again. Main guy showing his determination.
tsubasaloverSep 1, 2018 9:54 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 1, 2018 10:33 AM

Dec 2014
Well, the obvious rushing aside it was a pretty good episode.

I liked how Haru smiled after when Ann, Shiho and Ren finished talking. Nice little touch.

I'm pretty sure the final scene with Mishima after dealing with his shadow happened at the park but I guess they decide to wrap it up at the school instead. I guess they kinda altered his storyline a bit and made it fit into the main story.
Anyway, glad to see the Phantom Thieves overcoming this shake up pretty fast.

I'm happy for all the Hifumi screen time and her quirky shogi playing. <3
Sep 1, 2018 10:46 AM

Apr 2016
You poor bastard, you chose the wrong option on that roof.

We full yaoi now boys.
Sep 1, 2018 10:47 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Instead of joy looks like Okamura's fate only served to bring despair and doubt to the team. So the conspiracy was actually egging them on until they reached the height of their power. But the revelation that they were being manipulated sure was a cruel shock to them and to Haru in particular. Using this time to both expand on Hifumi's character and show the determination of their allies was a nice choice that served to motivate the team. Looks like the team's energy is back. So the next move is to locate clues about how the enemy is.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2018 12:08 PM

May 2016
Well, finally it's getting to wrap things up for good.
Sep 1, 2018 12:23 PM
Jun 2016
What month is in this chapter?
Sep 1, 2018 2:08 PM

Apr 2015
Razorxtk said:

Middle Octuber i guess, because next episode is the School Festival.
Sep 1, 2018 6:34 PM

Jan 2011
getting those Hifumi! S links in ,a lot of jumping around this week but still good nonetheless

think they might squeeze out one last palace and some more confidants before the season ends
Sep 1, 2018 6:43 PM

Apr 2016
ScarRufus said:
Razorxtk said:

Middle Octuber i guess, because next episode is the School Festival.

Wait, did you say "school festival"??? Does this mean that Ryuji and Anne will end up cosplaying as Tusk and Angelise from Cross Ange at this point????
P.S. sometimes, I'm also starting to wonder if the P5 Hero will cosplay as Lelouch from Code Geass for some reason?????
神様はその独り子を賜ったほどに この世を愛してくださった。 それは御子を信じる者が一人も滅びないで 永遠の命を得るためである。
kamisama wa sono hitori no ko wo tamawatta hodo ni kono yo wo aishite kudasatta. sore wa miko wo shinjiru mono ga hitori mo horobinai de eien no inochi wo eru tame dearu.
For God so love the world that he gave His only Begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him will not perish, but have everlasting life.
Sep 1, 2018 6:46 PM

Mar 2012
At least 26 eps now, confirmed in the endcard. Thinking it will hit 30 or 31 eps.
Sep 1, 2018 9:26 PM

Apr 2016
Rin X Hifumi ,i ship them
Glad they change Mishima through words only
BRAWLERS
Sep 2, 2018 12:36 AM

Feb 2014
Although the episode is more of a build-up to the next palace, it was pretty nice to see the likes of Hifumi getting more screentime than the last time we saw her. Her style of shogi is certainly amusing. =)

Not only that, but see also see the return of Shiho as well, as she and Ann have a nice heart-felt conversation on the rooftop of the school.

Mishima got a change of heart this time, but it was the use of Ren's words that did the trick this time. It proves that, sometimes, words can be more powerful than action.

The episode count on the endcard has shown to be 26 now. I'm still convinced there'll be more episodes than that. but we'll have to wait next week to find out if that'll be true or not.
Sep 2, 2018 1:57 AM
Jan 2017
it was a good episode, I am interested to see what the chief has to do with all of this.
Sep 2, 2018 3:56 AM
Apr 2017
I see a #26.
This better be a 40-something episode anime. I'm not ready for it to end yet.
Sep 2, 2018 8:58 AM

Jul 2012
Don't think that at this point this will be done differently, but in the game i thought after Haru's father death that her natural reaction should be questioning the whole cognition world and blaming the group with how the method is unknown which might've led to this result. Always thought that this part was strange, but her whole arc was pretty much rushed which is probably why. Wasn't really a fan of Mishima's story, felt a bit abrupt.
Hifumi's shogi quirk was the best moment this time.
Sep 2, 2018 3:26 PM

Oct 2017
I wonder how they are going to fit the rest of the story into 3 episodes? I'm assuming this is only going to have 25 episodes like Persona 4.
Sep 2, 2018 5:50 PM

Jul 2017
That was super rushed but the content itself was solid. Decent episode.
Sep 2, 2018 6:54 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
-SP- said:
I wonder how they are going to fit the rest of the story into 3 episodes? I'm assuming this is only going to have 25 episodes like Persona 4.
It's not confirmed to be a two cour series. Considering it's blu-ray episode counts, it might very well be a three cour series. Though, it feels like it might get an odd episode count like 32-34.
Sep 3, 2018 11:58 AM

Aug 2017
Nice. They adapted Hifumi's confidant and a bit of the others.

Shiho is back.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 4, 2018 4:14 AM
May 2016
finally the best girl (hifumi) got more screen time!
why did they skip the 'confession' at the school roof top tho :(

seems like we'll have more than 24 episodes. perhaps 30-ish since we still have sae and shido's palace, mementos, and the last boss. I hope things will wrapped up nicely in the end :)
Sep 4, 2018 6:53 AM
Jun 2017
ohhh!!! it looks like this series is nearly to be finish as the last part is already talking about their last crime which involves the lawyer (who are investigating them)... lets see what will happen here...
Sep 5, 2018 2:26 AM

Apr 2015
Wtf is this?

I can't stand the series anymore, the animation, the script, characters like it's getting worse after every episode.

How can they wrap the series without rushing it in 4 episodes? They took their damn time animating so much filler.

Just play the game if you can, it used to be enjoyable till Futaba's arc, after that it became a hotter mess.
Sep 5, 2018 7:07 AM

Oct 2008
I...I think i have finally found my potential WAIFU! the shogi model schoolgirl! what's her name?
That's right! thanks! MAL comments! it's Hifumi Togo!
4/5.
matias067Sep 5, 2018 7:27 AM

Sep 5, 2018 7:31 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Mohammadalmannai said:
Wtf is this?

I can't stand the series anymore, the animation, the script, characters like it's getting worse after every episode.

How can they wrap the series without rushing it in 4 episodes? They took their damn time animating so much filler.

Just play the game if you can, it used to be enjoyable till Futaba's arc, after that it became a hotter mess.
i know that at the beginning it was circulating that it would be 2-cour but we dont know if its gonna end after 4 episodes at this point.
if in the next episode's ED there's a #27 its most likely going to continu this fall.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Sep 20, 2018 3:42 PM

Mar 2014
Shit's getting worse and worse
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Sep 24, 2018 2:48 PM
Jul 2018
sad that it's gonna end soon
Oct 10, 2018 6:32 AM

Jan 2014
I was wondering, did Mishima know Ren and the others are the phantom thieves? am I missing something here?
Jan 21, 2019 3:36 AM

Sep 2013
mah hifumi is the highlight in this episode. I can't get enough of her. XD
Oct 10, 2019 6:04 AM

Mar 2015
Wow the tables have turned on the gang!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 2, 2020 10:06 AM

Jul 2015
Even though I understand why the Phantom thieves are feeling down because of the public opinion turning against them, at the end of the day it probably shouldn't matter how they are seen by the world as long as they are able to carry justice for the helpless in this corrupt world.

Apr 24, 2023 4:03 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Eheh yes they've been trapped... Shinya finally appeared and more of Hifumi's social link, also Mishima's mental has been fixed, finally xD
Apr 14, 11:14 PM
Dec 2021
the social link sweep

More topics from this board

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2018

143 by ArctiKFox »»
Apr 15, 12:54 AM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2018

40 by ArctiKFox »»
Apr 14, 11:37 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 13 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

6 by ArctiKFox »»
Feb 21, 10:27 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 12 Discussion

4 by ArctiKFox »»
Feb 16, 5:13 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 9 Discussion

6 by ArctiKFox »»
Jan 9, 7:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.