Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 26, 2018 8:56 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This is definitely an important episode. We got to see even more of Historia's past which influences her character in the present timeline.

Interesting development for Erwin as well. Meanwhile, Kenny showed up at where Eren is in his usual manner. He doesn't seem fazed at any moment and came to play around once again. Felt bad for Eren during all this though as he feels so helpless. Also really nice to hear more about Frieda.
Stark700Aug 26, 2018 11:19 AM
Aug 26, 2018 9:07 AM

Feb 2017
They fucking showed the art, holy shit!

Eren finally finds out what happened with his father, and Historia finds about her sister and what happened to her. Must be hard for both of them.
Aug 26, 2018 9:07 AM

Apr 2017
so as a manga reader, ive just started watching this season and i think they give the lowest budget to animating historias past and im not even complaining lol never liked her. her scene with frieda is so low budget lol

anyways isnt the pacing like too fast for the anime-only? not really sure cus i dont know how they feel. and the censorships are funny tbh im waiting for memes cus why not. pretty sure more and more would get curious about the royal family and the ackerman, i suggest read the manga already so you get the most scenes and not the cut ones up to 50% (i look like a manga promoter, yes)

i think they shoud've played it more with the music during frieda and grisha scene. now people might see grisha as a bad person but whats gonna stick in ass is what mikasa's gonna say

still a dope ep though 5/5

still life: pink roses
Aug 26, 2018 10:28 AM

Oct 2013
Tsarko said:

Eren finally finds out what happened with his father, and Historia finds about her sister and what happened to her. Must be hard for both of them.

I'm surprise also, great episode overall, yes the animation wasn't anything special but if it is to priotize on what's to come later on then I have no problem.
Aug 26, 2018 10:31 AM

Jun 2013
This episode started pretty intense, an interesting backstory for Historia, and Eren's father story was pretty terrifying in a way. Very interesting.

I love the ice background, art direction on point.

4.5/5 Next episode looks action-packed. Pretty excited about it.

sunako199 said:
so as a manga reader, ive just started watching this season and i think they give the lowest budget to animating historias past and im not even complaining lol never liked her. her scene with frieda is so low budget lol

Budget doesn't have almost anything to do with good animation.
And even if it's does (and it doesn't) how the hell do you know how much budget was put in that scene? (And it doesn't work like that as well)

Sorry if I sound very rude or something, it's just that as a sakuga fan misinformation irritates me.

MrMushinAug 26, 2018 10:50 AM
Aug 26, 2018 10:39 AM

Feb 2017
keragamming said:
Tsarko said:

I'm surprise also, great episode overall, yes the animation wasn't anything special but if it is to priotize on what's to come later on then I have no problem.

Yeah, it didn't look that great but I think it done it's job. Hopefully next few chapters are adapted well with good animation. They are one of my favorite parts of the story.
Aug 26, 2018 11:28 AM

Apr 2014
They did a very nice job on this one. Dang dude. Well done! :)
Aug 26, 2018 11:30 AM

Oct 2014
Okay people, this was insanely insane. I've not read the manga yet, but this episode kind of changes a lot of things.

Also, Reiss is the trashiest liar in history. I'm livid in rage with him at the moment.
Aug 26, 2018 11:37 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Looks the memory recap worked both ways. Eren's father was certainly full of surprises. So Kenny's true boss was the Reiss family. Zachary sure looks like he's having a fun time dealing with the nobles. Despite their losses Kenny's squad is still pretty keen but i wager they won't be after Levi's surprise. A pretty good episode that provided a great deal of surprising revelations. Next episode looks to be an action filled one though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 26, 2018 11:38 AM
Apr 2018
Wow, there were a lot of stuff in this episode. Cannot wait for the next one.
Aug 26, 2018 11:40 AM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode, loving all these revelations.

Eren finally learns about his father and what he did, Historia remembers her sister. Those turn of events though but I'm more interested in Eren's father's motives, like why would he want to kill the Reiss family. Why did he then decide to sacrifice himself to give Eren the power? I'm assuming from that little slideshow that we got that Eren's Dad gave Eren the injection that turns him into a titan and once as a titan he ate Eren's dad he gained the power to become a Titan transformer while also inheriting the scream. The only thing missing from this is the motive of Eren's Dad which I frankly have no clue since we barely know anything about him. Do we need to goto the basement? XD

I'm also interested in the origins of this 'Power of Titans' and the Reiss familiy's ability to change people's memories. This also makes me wonder why they gave up the throne, is it because they lost the power of titans?

Really liked how they tied in the Ackermann family story into this, based on what they said I'm assuming the Ackermann family and the Oriental clan were among the list of noble families that could resist the power of titans which is why when they turned their backs to the kind, they were put to death. Interesting how Levi states there are moments where people from the lineage feel power cursing up through them. I wonder if they were enhanced somehow alongside the origins of the Power of Titans.
I'm assuming Levi is Kenny's nephew.

Excited for next week
Aug 26, 2018 11:44 AM
Aug 2015
How comes no one is talking about the obvious fact that Mikasa and Levi are cousins?
Levi is Kenny's nephew (his sister got pregnant while working in a brothel) and Mikasa... Well, even more obvious. Anyway - super interesting episode, looking forward to the next one!
Aug 26, 2018 11:45 AM
Jul 2018
Very good episode. 5/5
Aug 26, 2018 11:46 AM

Aug 2018
Pretty much everything has been said here, I'm just glad that Zackly got his little scene represented in the Anime. God how I love this guy, outrageously hilarious compared to Season 1!
Aug 26, 2018 11:58 AM
Apr 2018
The madmen...they showed the MACHINE!
How beautiful....

Well, they did censored it by putting best girl Zackly in front of it...but maybe in the bluerays....

Does any manga readers feels like the uprising arc will be finished by episode 9 (or 10 at best)?
Aug 26, 2018 12:14 PM

Sep 2017
Sweet jesus that torture machine. Whelp, that was a lot of info. I think I got the most of it, but imma have to watch this ep back to see if I can't connect some more dots.
Aug 26, 2018 12:17 PM

May 2017
amazing episode.. so MANY great informations!! the opening scene with eren's dad was absolut epic. I couldn't contain myself, i had to scream.
Aug 26, 2018 12:20 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I cannot, absolutely cannot believe that they had the brass b*lls to show the torture machine. I was certain they would skip that bit, specially since it isn't really essential to the story. Love it!

They're really nailing the adaptation I have to say. Lots of really good tension buildup.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 26, 2018 12:20 PM

Feb 2018
amazing episode what an EPIC cliffhanger
shit is about to go down next episode Wowowowwowowowwowowo

loved the part where levi is like you all ready? and the whole squad just looks serious af
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 26, 2018 12:30 PM

Apr 2016
As an anime only, my mind just got exploded.
Gotta wait another week tho crap.
Aug 26, 2018 12:48 PM

Nov 2016
I'm approving that Zachary has his fun. #Lifegoals

AoT is still one of the shows carrying this season for me, not a single second of boredom.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 26, 2018 12:58 PM

Jun 2017
FMmatron said:
I'm approving that Zachary has his fun. #Lifegoals

AoT is still one of the shows carrying this season for me, not a single second of boredom.

Agreed, I am glad the studio nailed this because everything in this arc was EXTREMELY boring in the manga up until this point.
Aug 26, 2018 1:01 PM
Jul 2016
So Eren know now how he acquired the power of the titans,he got injected by that serum ,transform into a titan then eating his father! Yak!
The Ackermans are immune to the king power of altering memories!! interesting!
Next episode will be pure action stuff!!
Can't wait to see Levi and Kenny in action!
Aug 26, 2018 1:03 PM

Mar 2018
Next episode is gonna be so action packed.
Aug 26, 2018 1:04 PM

Mar 2016
Well, the first minutes of this episode were awesome. The way they handled Eren’s memories of his father was great. Pretty eventive.
But, I’ve been waiting for Grisha vs Frieda to be adapted for years... And I can't feel anything but disappointment. Well, maybe a little bit of glad for being adapted but I was expecting way more. I mean, it's an okay scene, but when compare to the manga
and being one of the two major scenes of this arc, I really hoped they would make this amazing. Grisha's titan form and transformation is kind of laughable; the same goes to Frieda (and why’s her titan hair black?). And those static images... OMG... I hope the Bluray goes with everything in blood and death! The censorship is definitely not working in favor of the anime in my opinion.
The rest of the episode was ok. Shit machine was adapted. I’m surprise.
Aug 26, 2018 1:07 PM
Mar 2018
I'm still trying to process all of this...Got a lot a questions answered but now have more questions
Aug 26, 2018 1:11 PM

Dec 2015
These cliffhangers are going to kill me.
Awesome episode btw.
A lot a cuestions answered.
Aug 26, 2018 1:20 PM

Nov 2016
The first few mins before the OP were perfect, I got chills when Eren saw his dad's memories. I love how they handled that scene.

Grisha's thicc titan looks godly but I think that whole fight scene could've been done better. I remember it was brutal af in the manga but the anime censors if it's too bloody etc. ;-; That's just personal preference tho, I love gory shit lol. It was still good nonetheless.

I can't believe they included the SHIT MACHINE, that was actually pretty funny. My friend hates it because it reminds her of "The Human Centipede" lmao.

The next few episodes are gonna be crazy, I can't waaaaaaait
Aug 26, 2018 1:29 PM

Sep 2014
S*tmachine was animated. Screw everyone who was against it ;D
Aug 26, 2018 1:30 PM
Aug 2018
Insane episode :D! Cant wait for episode 7 lol :D
Aug 26, 2018 1:33 PM

Jan 2017
All I wanna know is Kenny's agenda, what does he hope to achieve? But we seem to be nearing some action - I wonder who'll be next to bite the dust, 'cause I recall, that in the past, it was likens to GoT... But there's not been much meaningful deaths.

In other news, WTFghkjhkghk!!!! Eren's dad is dead. What a move to make at this point of the story... We didn't even get to see much of him in the anime; hopefully his character becomes more relevant in the future, 'cause they've still not made it to the basement and I wanna know more about the titans (under the assumption that he was researching them, right?)
Aug 26, 2018 1:51 PM
Nov 2016
tzarye14 said:
Well, the first minutes of this episode were awesome. The way they handled Eren’s memories of his father was great. Pretty eventive.
But, I’ve been waiting for Grisha vs Frieda to be adapted for years... And I can't feel anything but disappointment. Well, maybe a little bit of glad for being adapted but I was expecting way more. I mean, it's an okay scene, but when compare to the manga
and being one of the two major scenes of this arc, I really hoped they would make this amazing. Grisha's titan form and transformation is kind of laughable; the same goes to Frieda (and why’s her titan hair black?). And those static images... OMG... I hope the Bluray goes with everything in blood and death! The censorship is definitely not working in favor of the anime in my opinion.

What you showed was literally the same exact as what was in the anime
Aug 26, 2018 1:59 PM
Mar 2016
I must say, Zachary's masterpiece art work was fantastic!

Aug 26, 2018 2:04 PM

Feb 2014
The revelations came in thick and fast and it was a bit mind-blowing. From Historia remembering her time with her half-sister, to seeing how Eren's father, Grisha, transforming into a titan and wiped out most of the Reiss family. There was a lot to take in and I enjoyed it all.

However, the most surprising scene was Zachery's borderline graphic torture machine to the gobby bastard government member who wouldn't keep his annoying mouth shut from last week. Zachery's a bit crazy, but I like him more now! =D

I'm all hyped up for next week's episode. Levi's group against Kenny's group. The battle to rescue Eren and Historia, by the looks of the preview clips, looks to be epic. =)
Aug 26, 2018 2:43 PM

Apr 2016
that torture machine thing looked pretty f*cked up...
this is a big turning point in the series, and I think they did a good job once again with this episode
Aug 26, 2018 2:59 PM

Dec 2015
tzarye14 said:

I couldn't agree more. I mean I liked the episode but I preferred the art more in the manga. Especially that Frieda scene.
Aug 26, 2018 3:04 PM

Apr 2013
Huge info dump before the action-filled episode next week. So Eren's father was a human titan as well and for some reason needed the power of Grisha Reiss. Didn't expect him to do something this drastic though. And after that he made Eren a titan with that weird serum and then got eaten by him to give him the power. The whole picture is still kinda blurry though.
The memory change ability is really scary and only the nobles are immune to it. Those sparkes that happen when members of the Reiss family touch you must have something to do with it, give memories or take them away.
And then of course we learned that Levi is also an Ackermann and the nephew of Kenny who works for the Reiss family. And Mikasa's parents were liviing so far away since they were hunted since they are from a noble family who betrayed the others. And they also seem to have unique powers.

Yeah this was definitely a lot of information to process xD
Aug 26, 2018 3:15 PM

Jun 2014
All these revelations have now come to light, and things will continue to get interesting as the story progresses. Also, it's been a long time since this arc occurred in the manga, so I completely forgot about Zachary's torture machine. That part could have easily been cut out since it doesn't really have any role in the story, but it was funny.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 26, 2018 3:21 PM

Feb 2014
I like how all of Kennys squad is aware that a lot of hem are going to de just to Levi, and they dont even know about Mikasa yet lmao. Next weeks episode will be amazing just for the action. Also I have read the manga but I find it hard to believe that Eren's father was that much of a dirt bag.
Around and around the cycle goes.
Aug 26, 2018 3:54 PM

Mar 2013
Best episode this season! So many amazing past scenes! I wonder if Eren is resolve will be shook now that he knows his father is a titan! Will he still want to kill all the titans? This episode 5/5. the Ackerman family badass! Should have known they have some sort of power :O

Also safe to say Eren dad is the talking hairy giant titan lol this episode, mind = blown.
Aug 26, 2018 3:56 PM

Jan 2009
lots of mysteries solved on this episode

im just wondering if the founding titan that Eren have has 2 powers which are one controlling titans and second erasing memories, that is so OP if he got 2 titan powers

nice to know about the ackermans and the orientals too which will be revealed later on too

Aug 26, 2018 4:04 PM

May 2015
Question for MANGA READERS that I'd appreciate answering. Heavy spoilers.

Aug 26, 2018 4:06 PM

May 2015
Noice!

Sexy Eren's dad titan form. That chest hairs were lovely. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 26, 2018 4:18 PM

Jan 2008
The power to manipulate memories feels really out of place in this series, a bit too far into the deep end of the supernatural/superpower spectrum, even for this show. I can't say I'm a fan of it but not like I have any control over what they're doing. Hopefully it doesn't go overkill on this superpower/ability stuff.
Aug 26, 2018 4:23 PM

Mar 2016
OrexKing said:
tzarye14 said:

What you showed was literally the same exact as what was in the anime
Downgraded 20 times but yes. It was kind of obvious. Since the 2nd season that the anime has use the manga as storyboard so it's kind of obvious. The problem is that the anime is not living up to it's source material in art when it's known for it.
Besides, I've watched the episode a 2nd time and that transformation feels off... It's like the transformation scene itself is missing (something like what Annie did in episode 24 (at the beginning)).
azertz99Aug 27, 2018 6:26 AM
Aug 26, 2018 4:45 PM

May 2018
Is Historia ok with Eren getting eaten alive and everybody's memory being erased? Some friend she is...
Aug 26, 2018 4:55 PM

Feb 2013
Lol, Eren's father was a bad guy, I don't want to believe that.
Aug 26, 2018 5:07 PM

Apr 2017
MrMushin said:
sunako199 said:

Budget doesn't have almost anything to do with good animation.
And even if it's does (and it doesn't) how the hell do you know how much budget was put in that scene? (And it doesn't work like that as well)

Sorry if I sound very rude or something, it's just that as a sakuga fan misinformation irritates me.

im sorry i didnt mean like the literal budget, i meant the time or the effort. and it's understandable because there's just more scenes in the episode they can turn all of their efforts to

Aug 26, 2018 5:25 PM

Apr 2017
Fang said:
Question for MANGA READERS that I'd appreciate answering. Heavy spoilers.

there's still many things you need to know but here is the literal answer to the question, click at your own risk btw!
sunako199Aug 26, 2018 5:29 PM

Aug 26, 2018 6:52 PM

May 2015
sunako199 said:
there's still many things you need to know but here is the literal answer to the question, click at your own risk btw!
FangAug 26, 2018 6:56 PM
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sapewloth - Aug 8, 2018

117 by Adrian610 »»
Apr 8, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2018

443 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 6:23 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2018

243 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2018

214 by Apreggi »»
Mar 19, 4:41 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2018

188 by Apreggi »»
Mar 19, 4:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.