Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 23, 2018 11:45 AM
Aug 2018
Hi there! I´ve been watching anime for 3 years now and I mostly watch popular ones, but I wanted to see some "downrated" animes. Could you tell me some good animes to watch? Thanks to the people that responded! :)

Mod Edit: Modified title for clarity and/or easier searching.
NoLiferSoulAug 23, 2018 1:22 PM
Aug 23, 2018 11:46 AM

Feb 2013
The answer is always Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Aug 23, 2018 11:50 AM

Jun 2016
If you liked Re:Zero (i saw your list) then you might like Steins;Gate and Boku Dake ga Inai Machi, however, they are well known too.
Though, it's kinda hard to recommend anime when we don't really know what type of genres and stories you like the most.
Aug 23, 2018 11:51 AM

Sep 2017
I think you should watch steins gate
Aug 23, 2018 11:53 AM

Jun 2016
Aug 23, 2018 11:54 AM
Jul 2018
If you like ecchi and action, go with Seikon no Qwaser, or Cross Ange. If you like shonens the likes of Naruto or BnHA, go with D.Gray Man, Scryed, FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Hunter x Hunter 2011. If you want fun comedy, go with Konosuba, Kore wa Zombie desu ka?, or Noucome. I'm out.
Aug 23, 2018 12:00 PM

Sep 2013
if you want shounen try watching: haikyuu, hunter x hunter and shoukugeki no souma

if you want slice try watching: kokoro connect, monogatari series, re life, san gastu no lion

if you want comedy try watching: hinamatsuri, nichijou, danshi koukosei no nichijou

if you want harem/ecchi: mayo chiki, campione, kami nomi zo shiru sekai

if you want some gore: akame ga kill, elfen lied

if you want some romance: neet juu susume, tonari no kaibutsu kun

if you want drama: sakurasou no pet na kanojo ( this one is also ecchi, romance, comedy and slice as well ), clannad, shigatsu wa kimi no uso

if you want good fights : ben-to, jojo, hajime no ippo

honstly I didn't get what you mean about downrated, if you mean unknown is one thing, if you mean bad animes is another, which is completely subjective, but since you asked for recomendations, I gave a couple of my favs of each genre, and that you didn't watch so you could have a lot of options on your hand

ps: I love sunrinder series, specially the spin off academy, if you want to try something that gives a similar feel = suisei no gargantia
Aug 23, 2018 12:06 PM

Apr 2017
romagia said:
This guy knows what's up. You can never go wrong with LOGH.

Aug 23, 2018 12:10 PM
Aug 2018
So many amazing responses thanks everyone!Btw by "downrated" i am refering to animes that are very good but didn't got good/precise evaluations by the users of MAL.
Aug 23, 2018 12:19 PM
Apr 2016
KaytoShields123 said:
So many amazing responses thanks everyone!Btw by "downrated" i am refering to animes that are very good but didn't got good/precise evaluations by the users of MAL.
one outs, rainbow, space brothers, planetes or city hunter! Pick any of it
Aug 23, 2018 12:22 PM
Aug 2018
Thanks blumenbalt for that list, it was a huge help!!! Thanks everyone for your recomendations i will look into it!
PhantomWRAug 23, 2018 12:51 PM
Aug 23, 2018 12:27 PM
Aug 2018
blumenbalt said:
if you want shounen try watching: haikyuu, hunter x hunter and shoukugeki no souma

if you want slice try watching: kokoro connect, monogatari series, re life, san gastu no lion

if you want comedy try watching: hinamatsuri, nichijou, danshi koukosei no nichijou

if you want harem/ecchi: mayo chiki, campione, kami nomi zo shiru sekai

if you want some gore: akame ga kill, elfen lied

if you want some romance: neet juu susume, tonari no kaibutsu kun

if you want drama: sakurasou no pet na kanojo ( this one is also ecchi, romance, comedy and slice as well ), clannad, shigatsu wa kimi no uso

if you want good fights : ben-to, jojo, hajime no ippo

honstly I didn't get what you mean about downrated, if you mean unknown is one thing, if you mean bad animes is another, which is completely subjective, but since you asked for recomendations, I gave a couple of my favs of each genre, and that you didn't watch so you could have a lot of options on your hand

ps: I love sunrinder series, specially the spin off academy, if you want to try something that gives a similar feel = suisei no gargantia

I also like the sunrider series!!! I've played all of them except the liberation day. And thks for that anime related ;)
Aug 23, 2018 12:29 PM

May 2018
I think Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis is a good option for what you're asking.
Aug 23, 2018 12:30 PM

Feb 2018
romagia said:

This. A million times this. It's honestly not watched enough.
Aug 23, 2018 12:30 PM
Aug 2017
Bungou Stray Dogs, Servamp, Nanbaka, Haikyuu, Hunter x Hunter, Durarara, Black Butler, Fairy Tail, Kamisama Hajimemashita, Gintama, Attack On Titan, Blood Lad, Assassination Classroom, Danganronpa, Vampire Knight, Yuri On Ice, No.6, Noragami, Toradora, Corpse Party, Bleach, Black Clover, Inuyasha...
xiiqjajzjsqjqjaAug 23, 2018 7:29 PM
Aug 23, 2018 1:21 PM

Apr 2014
Moved from Anime Discussion
Swagernator said:
@NoLiferSoul did nothing wrong!

Ardanaz said:
@Nolifersoul did nothing wrong
Aug 24, 2018 9:59 AM

May 2012
Since you've seen none of my top-rated shows, I'll just post my sorted list here:

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/SeijiSensei?status=7&order=4&order2=0

Aug 24, 2018 10:08 AM

Aug 2018
Toaru no Kagaku Railgun is surprisingly underrated and it's a really good show, you should check it out
Aug 24, 2018 4:32 PM

Aug 2017
Give Houseki no Kuni a shot
Aug 24, 2018 5:23 PM

Feb 2017
blumenbalt said:

if you want comedy try watching: hinamatsuri,

i just finished hinamatsuri recently and its super bless 👍. also if you like romance/harem anime, i recommend kami nomi, it literally spoke to me on a spiritual level. if you want a fun action packed anime i'd also recommend gundam build fighters (but that might just be my love for building gunpla talking lols).
Aug 24, 2018 6:38 PM

Sep 2013
beanazz said:
blumenbalt said:

if you want comedy try watching: hinamatsuri,

i just finished hinamatsuri recently and its super bless 👍. also if you like romance/harem anime, i recommend kami nomi, it literally spoke to me on a spiritual level. if you want a fun action packed anime i'd also recommend gundam build fighters (but that might just be my love for building gunpla talking lols).

hinamatsuri was definitly the anime of the season, for me.

also kami nomi is like the bread and butter for harem is absolutely insane.
Aug 24, 2018 6:45 PM

Mar 2018
Nobunaga Concerto
Recorder to Randoseru
Yomigaeru Sora: Rescue Wings
Bartender
Hataraki Man
Fune wo Amu
Aug 24, 2018 9:15 PM

Dec 2017
Girls Last Tour and Inferno Cop are the only ones I can think of personally

Why don’t we become monsters and really mess up this awful world? Just destroy until there’s no more evil, no more sadness, no more anything…
Wouldn’t that be great?

More topics from this board

» Planning to watch Sousou no Frieren

WitchDoc - Apr 18

10 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
1 hour ago

» Seeking Recommendations from My "Plan to Watch" List

vansonbee - Apr 19

21 by radrocket »»
2 hours ago

» Similar animes to Tengoku Daimakyou ( 1 2 )

Salvaged - Apr 21

66 by SakuraCosmos »»
3 hours ago

» New(ish) Manga Reader in Need of Recommendations!

Wakarimas-en - 5 hours ago

2 by Lucifrost »»
3 hours ago

» ntr doujin?

3hitcombo - 8 hours ago

1 by Knighty_IX »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.