Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 21, 2018 5:57 PM

Jun 2013
oh man i feel sad for Sadaharu
Aug 22, 2018 10:14 AM

Jun 2016
this anime is so cringe, i wonder why the rating is so high
Aug 22, 2018 7:13 PM
Nov 2013
Kansai-ben-otaku said:
probably because the people who are rating it actually watch it, unlike you.
Aug 22, 2018 9:38 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
crystalblade13 said:
Kansai-ben-otaku said:
probably because the people who are rating it actually watch it, unlike you.
Nah, he's watching it. Just not liking it I guess, unlike most of us here.
Aug 23, 2018 3:05 AM
Jan 2017
So I haven't read the manga but I saw some sources on Twitter saying that episode 9 will cover the time skip and does that mean this is the last season?
Aug 23, 2018 10:47 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Son_nish-kun20 said:
So I haven't read the manga but I saw some sources on Twitter saying that episode 9 will cover the time skip and does that mean this is the last season?
It will cover the timeskip, but it will be hard to adapt the manga's ending when the manga will end a week before this cour ends. Episode's need to be in production for 4-6 months, so unless Sorachi provided BNP with his plans on how he wants to end the series (which he probably wouldn't), BNP can only cover some of the timeskip, or go for an anime-original ending.
Aug 23, 2018 12:57 PM

Mar 2018
Does anyone else think they made utsuro too OP ?
He was pretty much even with Umibozu,or just a bit better, during their fight on Kaguras planet.Maybe just playing that time?

I guess maybe Earth's Atlanta resources made him OP perhaps
Aug 23, 2018 5:17 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
MdotO said:
I guess maybe Earth's Atlanta resources made him OP perhaps
Basically that. Utsuro's at his peak on Earth. With the Altana going away now, he's back to the same level he was when he fought with Umibozu.
Aug 25, 2018 9:54 PM

Aug 2017
All that fighting was quite impressive and intense! I hope he'll finally find peace and death after all those years of immortal sufferings( Great villain, great episode!
Aug 26, 2018 2:00 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
MrMik1995 said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Well, it was delayed due to Sorachi, but it wasn't his fault: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-12-22/gintama-2nd-film-slated-for-next-summer

But Enchousen was never supposed to be a thing. The reason why it got a "final" movie in the first place was because sales had a decline, TV rating dropped drastically, and overall, Gintama wasn't making as much for Bandai Namco as it did before. They probably made Enchousen to keep Gintama relevant before the movie came out. They couldn't afford to have Gintama lose it's popularity before the movie comes out.

That's what I'm saying,what's your source for this part?

"But Enchousen was never supposed to be a thing. The reason why it got a "final" movie in the first place was because sales had a decline, TV rating dropped drastically, and overall, Gintama wasn't making as much for Bandai Namco as it did before. They probably made Enchousen to keep Gintama relevant before the movie came out. They couldn't afford to have Gintama lose it's popularity before the movie comes out."
Well, sales decline is easy to check: http://www.someanithing.com/series-data-quick-view
It went from 15K per volume to 12K. Not that bad tho.

TV ratings, check here: http://www.geocities.jp/animesityouritu/
Gintama (銀魂) was around 4-6 2006: http://www.geocities.jp/animesityouritu/2006a.html
There was a drop, but it always circulated somewhere around 2-5%. I won't link them all since that would be tiring. Just remember that they're separated by half a year in every page. 年上半期 means first half, 年下半期 means second half.
Gintama' (銀魂') was around 1.5-3 in 2011: http://www.geocities.jp/animesityouritu/2011a.html
4 was rare, if it ever happened.

The reason why the movie was labeled as the final one clearly shows that they wanted to end the anime franchise. It's speculation, but Enchousen probably happened to keep Gintama relevant until the movie came out. That's why they padded it out with reruns too (23 episodes, with 10 reruns, 13 new episodes). They weren't willing to make 23 new episodes, not to mention that they were caught up to the manga almost, plus Enchousen arcs were harder to animate due to the heavy amount of action.

But Gintama's anime still continued though. Probably because Enchousen's TV ratings are higher than expected, but also because the anime movie earned an extremely high amount.
Sep 3, 2018 5:39 PM

Nov 2013
This was the best episode so far!!! Really enjoyed the flashback with Shinpachi. Hopefully Yamazaki can pull through ...
Sep 12, 2018 10:39 AM

Dec 2014
well that was intense.. everyone is so bad ass… I am like happy and sad that it is so epic… even the dog plays a major rule….
Oct 24, 2018 10:18 PM

May 2012
Well this episode sure gotten quite a bit more interesting, really impressive even with such an ending! Looking forwards to see what's next.
Dec 21, 2018 5:16 AM

Mar 2016
This ep really reminded me of the ep when everybody fights against Utsuro back in the Farewell Shinsengumi Arc!

Alright now, this episode is just pure badassery showing how truly insanely, powerful Utsuro is again! Against the full force of the Shinsengumi, Yorozuya and some others, he himself is able to hold them off himself and only sustained damage in form of his eyes being slashed by Gintoki (which is an epic scene on its own). Obviously, the best fight of this ep is Gintoki VS Utsuro. Their fights are usually just simply awesome, especially with great animation.

Finally, Shinpachi said and did something crucial to the story in this arc for the first time! His flashback was quite hmmn... Sudden and out of place, but his determination is good though. It's thanks to Gintoki for slashing Utsuro's eye with the Altana-infused blade and Sadaharu that Shinpachi could deal real damage to Utsuro.

Sougo's fight with Hijikata against Utsuro turned out much better (in terms of Sougo's competency when fighting Utsuro) than in the Farewell Shinsengumi Arc where he just got completely rektd by Utsuro.
Jul 13, 2019 6:40 AM

May 2015
Go ginchan! Kick his ass finally.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 28, 2019 7:55 AM
Apr 2018
God that episode was fucking amazing. I have goosebumps, especially the part where Shinpachi, my favourite character, got his badass moment. Poor Shinsengumi died to allow the Yorozuya and Co to defeat Utsuro.
Sep 28, 2019 7:57 AM
Apr 2018
valkiriana said:
All that fighting was quite impressive and intense! I hope he'll finally find peace and death after all those years of immortal sufferings( Great villain, great episode!

Fuck Utsuro. I hope he suffers some more. Almost every death in Gintama has been his fault. Not to mention the billions he genocided on the planets he destroyed.
Nov 25, 2019 6:21 PM
Apr 2016
Damn, that was pretty good! The animation wasn't too bad, too, looking at how it was the previous episodes.
Nov 29, 2019 8:17 PM

Mar 2015
Great action, Utsuro's a piece of shit!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 25, 2020 1:17 PM

May 2016
Getting to the climax of the show.
gonna miss Gintama already.
Mar 20, 2020 5:47 PM

Jan 2013
Holy fck!
That was an intense episode.

I teared up thinking Sadaharu gave up his life and my heart was racing seeing the battle unfold.
So many deaths and so many wounds inflicted onto Utsuro, only to weaken him.
Apr 21, 2020 2:58 PM

Aug 2019
This episode was fcking intense!! I teared up at the thought of Sadaharu dying and when he pushed Gintoki back. Utsuro really is too OP. He took on the entire Shinsengumi, Yorozuya, Yatos, Umibozu and Kamui together and totally rekt them. God too many people died this episode just to give the others a fighting chance.. The fight between Hijikata-Sougo and Utsuro was amazing though short. Kondo got his moment too but everyone has been so badly injured. I really hope Yamazaki hasn't died, it would break my heart.
Shinpachi was absolutely badass, his shots were awesome! The tides have finally started to turn against Utsuro.

I want to know what it is,
this 'sin' they say I've committed.
May 12, 2020 6:56 PM

Mar 2020
Finally Shinpachi's time to shine has come
Subscribe to my Youtube : Rosvl Studio

I post Skits, Fingerstyle about Anime, F1 and many more :)

Link In My Profile!!
Sep 8, 2020 10:56 PM

Aug 2018
Ayy Shinpachi showing off his swordsmanship! Nice to see since we havent ever really got see just how good he is with a sword.

Oct 24, 2020 9:27 PM

Jul 2020
I'm still hoping Yamazaki isn't dead yet, the scene actually felt less impact in emotions. And damn I have a feeling Sadaharu will be a sacrifice in the next episode :( OMG, please no
Nov 17, 2020 4:49 AM

Jun 2020
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Utsuro want to die? And now that he feels that they may actually have a shot at killing him, why is he struggling so much? If he can die without the Earth having to be destroyed, why doesn't he let them kill him? Unless he really wants to destroy Earth for some reason
This anime shit is addictive
Dec 25, 2020 10:31 AM

Jan 2019
Sadaharu and Yamazaki better not die or I riot
May 17, 2021 1:58 PM

Mar 2017
yamazaki.... :'(
Jul 5, 2021 12:27 PM

May 2020
Oh boy, the long-awaited sequel, "Utsuro vs. Everyone V2", even though the original "Utsuro vs. Everyone" was way better.
What a great episode, people being slaughtered here and there (Yamazaki, no!!!!!), very tense moments, lots of action, etc!
Jul 20, 2021 7:37 PM

Aug 2011
A great episode. Utsuro seemed so impossibly strong that when he went through his rampage I thought there'd be no way any of them can stop him. Yet, the yorozuya gang showed me there's always an opening as long as one keeps going. I loved seeing Shinpachi stepping into his strength this ep! At the core of this show is the heart of the samurai.
desu desu binches
Jul 21, 2021 3:18 PM
Dec 2020
I'm confused, if Utsuro wants to die anyways, why can't he let Sadaharu do his thing peacefully. Earlier i was confused that whether Utsuro could just not consume Earth's Altana in order to die but it seems like he can live without coming into contact with Altana as well. Why does he care about his Altana finishing lol, he wants to die anyways. Somebody clear this out please
Jul 21, 2021 3:19 PM
Dec 2020
spectrojan said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Utsuro want to die? And now that he feels that they may actually have a shot at killing him, why is he struggling so much? If he can die without the Earth having to be destroyed, why doesn't he let them kill him? Unless he really wants to destroy Earth for some reason
Exactly my thoughts, did anyone tell you the answer to this? Let me know please
Aug 5, 2021 9:29 PM
Sep 2020
Sadaharu looking injured was so heartbreaking and gin san angry for his dog was badass....Utsuro is over powered..but the dude should atleast dodge a little..Intense stuff...Yay shinpachi got his spotlight...Sadaharu doing extra pet work
Sharry_GamiAug 5, 2021 9:36 PM
Aug 16, 2021 5:06 AM

Mar 2021
gintoki pissed at that animal abuser

is this the last time we will see mountain zaki in action ;-;

and more, utsuro is just goddamn op
🐐

Sep 21, 2021 8:46 PM

Feb 2009
Good lord was this episode amazing or what. FINALLY great animation in a action-heavy episode, and boy are characters falling like flies or what =/ and damn Shinpachi was unexpectedly badass, loved his awakening!

Anyway, I have not been falling in love with the whole star wars action in space, but still enjoyed it. Now this confrontion looks like fire!
Dec 3, 2021 6:14 PM

Jun 2020
Man I started crying when Yamazaki's throat got slit :(

I'm so glad Shinpachi finally stepped up though. Mostly a whole ep dedicated to fighting Utsuro just shows how strong he really is
Jan 8, 2022 11:50 PM
Mar 2010
One of the worse gintama episodes. Serious gintama is bad, man.
Mar 9, 2022 9:36 AM

Nov 2010
It was painful to see Sadaharu nearly getting killed. Not the doggos! I wonder if the little one somehow survived.

Damn, just like that, Yamazaki is dead(?).

Utsuro is way too OP. He's like the Kid Buu of the DBZ series and it looks like they have to beat him the DBZ way too. lol
Apr 2, 2022 1:45 AM

Sep 2018
Now that was an epic episode, easily the best so far in this season. Utsuro again soloing everyone in sight, the alliance barely hanging on...

Apr 8, 2022 4:18 PM

Feb 2012
Damn i was scared for sadaharu, glad gin-chan showed AT the right moment.
Utsuro is very OP holy.. good thing they seem to have neutralized his immortality

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Jun 5, 2022 6:24 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn Utsuro's situation right now is very tense with how he butchered most Shinsengumi members and Sadaharu is also in a bad state right know but at least he's surviving, though it's more worrying for Yamazaki or even Kondo/Okita :S Gintoki was really cool though and Utsuro is probably getting weaker at this point, it's also surprising to have a good Shinpachi's moment with his father's flashback as well.
Jul 24, 2022 9:02 PM

Jul 2021
Loved every bit of it... rıp yamazakı
and man ... shınpachı really made me emotıonal
Jul 31, 2022 3:31 AM
Jul 2018
Nah, I don't think Yamazaki is dead, let him live!
Utsuro is Monster, killing everyone like uts nothing!
The fight was amazing! Everyone fighting Utsuro to protect there home and Sadaharu giving his all to protect the earth.
SS arc might become my favorite arc of Gintama!
Oct 1, 2022 3:56 AM

Apr 2013
Seems like the big baddy will be defeated in this season after all, I thought he would be the big finale in the movie. But at this point I don't see how they could not kill him now.
Nov 27, 2022 7:53 AM
Nov 2021
AYO! Shinpachi BECAME THE MVP
Nov 29, 2022 4:52 PM

Jan 2020
Oddly enough seeing Utsuro massacre everyone is more fun than watching them fighting in some star warshit......
Nov 29, 2022 4:54 PM

Jan 2020
Well I doubt any of the major characters died but the fodders is surely dead....
Feb 8, 2023 10:13 PM

Nov 2017
That was epic. You forget how good this how is when you take a break. Bit of Akira going on with that hand right now.
Apr 22, 2023 2:13 AM
Aug 2022
I root for Utsuro, faq em posers sensei. I had enough of these losers screwing my beloved series with their stupid endless serious arcs.
Nov 1, 2023 4:00 PM

Mar 2019
This was amazing. The fights were so good, but I don't think Kamui should have been defeated that fast. I was hyped to find out that we are seeing those 2 fight, but he lost too fast.

Is Yamazaki really dead?? That whole scene happened so fast that I don't know what to think. The way Utsuro fought everyone was very badass, even if he's the villain, and it looks like they managed to find a weak spot, but I still hope the ones who take him down are the Shoka Sonjuku trio, even if Shinpachi had a nice moment.

On a small note, Gintoki's expressions in this episode were too good, especially when he cut that guy's arm to protect Sadaharu.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Oct 7, 2018

142 by MewkiWay »»
Feb 3, 9:03 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Sep 30, 2018

76 by MewkiWay »»
Feb 2, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Aug 26, 2018

94 by MewkiWay »»
Jan 25, 9:20 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Sep 23, 2018

54 by Alex_TheForest »»
Nov 24, 2023 12:53 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Sep 16, 2018

51 by Alex_TheForest »»
Nov 24, 2023 12:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.