Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 22, 2018 9:13 AM

Apr 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Okabe finally got the motivation and Kurisu came back after a while to speak with Okabe.

SERN hacking commence!

THE ACTION SCENE IS GOOD FOR ONCE THANK YOU WHITE FOX

The time leap machine broke and they failed again what the hell? Is this the choice of Steins;Gate?

A lot of different scenes from the VN.

This has a OG SG vibe.
Such an improvement from my least favorite episode in the franchise.
5/5

Don't skip the after-credits.

MxxxstationAug 22, 2018 11:53 AM
Aug 22, 2018 9:27 AM

Nov 2011
From this episode, we got a follow up from the previous events as Okabe prepares for his next move.

Everyone is still on high alerts including Kagari. It felt slightly slowed paced but I'm fine with it. They needed regroup after that chaos. We also got more Maho and Okabe moments. It's kinda sad to realize the person she worked with (Alexis) did what he did.

Nice to also hear a familiar voice back again. That Okabe/Mayuri scene was also heartwarming. Too bad happy moments in this show don't last long.
Aug 22, 2018 10:33 AM

Dec 2013
Huge step up from the previous episode, to be honest. Also very interesting for VN readers.
burnout6010Aug 22, 2018 11:14 AM
Aug 22, 2018 11:21 AM

Jun 2013
It just feels like they are getting great key animators and give them 1-hour to animate their scenes or something. Well if they had such a bad schedule no freelancer animator would work with them, but it just looks very rushed. With the delayed episode 20 it pretty much confirms they're having schedule issues.

The content of the story was amazing though, seeing Okabe like this again and everyone working together, the thrilling moments, it was great.

While I didn't like some of the music placements especially early on the episode, the soundtrack is incredible and the director seems to be very proud of it by its usage. Okabe speech was a good moment and a lot of it due to the soundtrack behind. (And the incredible voice of Miyano Mamoru of course)

4/5 It could be easily a 5/5 for me going by story content, unfortunately, it isn't.
Aug 22, 2018 11:47 AM

Feb 2008
Yeah I thought it's been really lacking in previous episodes, finally it starting getting good again and I like this Okabe better.
Thought he not in chunnibyou mode, he is close to return back to his old self.

Episode rating going up and that's also mean i's close to end as well
BlackbirdAug 22, 2018 11:51 AM

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Aug 22, 2018 11:51 AM
Jul 2014
Aug 22, 2018 11:52 AM

Jul 2015
an extremely good episode after the last one.. now this is what i got from season 1 and what i was looking for in season 2... really happy to see Kurisu and damn! the time machine is back beeshes! also the post credit has hyped me up!

Apr 2013
With Okabe getting back his motivation it feels just like original series again.
This might be my favorite episode so far.

Apr 2015
Unleashed_SM said:

Aug 22, 2018 12:04 PM
May 2016
Okay about the todays 19th episode of steins;gate, i think finally directory got it that people are not liking steins;gate 0.. so he tried his best to not fuk the directing... and hell yeah for the first time in whole series the soundtrack felt like it was done right.. still there was 3 places where there was a little problem with directing, like when leskinen finally shot the women cant they show us how okarin escapes from them? What the hell?? and they tried to learn from their previous mistake with the action.. well they tried.. try was somewhat successful.. still its not enough to save the series.. period
Aug 22, 2018 12:06 PM

Jan 2016
Every VN reader must've been very surprised when the time machine blew up a second time
Aug 22, 2018 12:09 PM

Jun 2014
A lot of intensity in this episode, especially at the end. Like OP mentioned, this episode was giving off similar vibes to the original series. Unfortunately, we have to wait 2 weeks to see what happens next :(
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 22, 2018 12:10 PM
May 2016
And can somebody tell me if you compare steins;gate 0 VN vs the anime adapation.. which one is better.. because for me otther than episode 19, i didnt feel like they make the soundtrack right on right moments .. and the directing felt somewhat not good.. whats your guys opinion on the VN comparison to anime?
CrecentAug 22, 2018 12:24 PM
Aug 22, 2018 12:16 PM

Jan 2013
very interesting to see how they'll come up with the solution to prevent everything at the end of the original series stemming from this.

hate to know that we have to wait 2 weeks to get closer to it -.-
Aug 22, 2018 12:19 PM
Apr 2017
I find anime adaptation filling in some details omitted in vn, but at the same time some details are contradictory and uses almost all the elements from vn, but modified story to become linear.
suryaiyer13Aug 22, 2018 12:22 PM
Aug 22, 2018 12:22 PM

Jul 2016
Amazing episode. Brilliant.

Gave me the biggest "Steins;Gate" vibe in 0 so far.
Aug 22, 2018 12:29 PM

Feb 2013
Poor Okabe, it's starting again.
Aug 22, 2018 12:29 PM
Apr 2017
Crecent said:
And can somebody tell me if you compare steins;gate 0 VN vs the anime adapation.. which one is better.. because for me otther than episode 19, i didnt feel like they make the soundtrack right on right moments .. and the directing felt somewhat not good.. whats your guys opinion on the VN comparison to anime?

Like I said, anime is different from VN, because this time there are 3 endings to be covered to finish the story, unlike the og steins gate. Anime just made a cocktail of these endings for linearty.
Aug 22, 2018 12:33 PM

Jul 2016
VN Player here, that scene at the end, does this mean that Okabe (VN Spoilers)
Regardless of what's happening, I'm really excited for the next episode.
Aug 22, 2018 12:35 PM

Nov 2015
FireFistYK said:
Every VN reader must've been very surprised when the time machine blew up a second time
Before that happened, I was like "HELL YEAH", you know what I mean. But then wtf??? seriously??? Is this OG ep 13 ver 2.0???
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 22, 2018 12:35 PM

Aug 2015
Okay, did they really have to create an entirely new loop only for the sole purpose of tying in to promised rinascimento? That's so freaking stupid. And if they're putting the future wordline in there, then why not the Russia worldline from Pandora's Box? That's so freaking stupid. Besides, what's the point of putting PR if they adapt the true ending, yet they won't adapt other endings? Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Aug 22, 2018 12:36 PM

Sep 2017
Oh man idk how tf they are gonna get past this is the time machine getting destroyed is a convergence point. And based White Fox finally delivering a solid action sequence. I liked last weeks ep with the reveals and such, but man that action direction sucked. This really was a great ep. Also what the hell was going on with that after credit scene?
Aug 22, 2018 12:37 PM
Apr 2017
Mike4992 said:

Aug 22, 2018 12:38 PM

Nov 2013
Can someone explain to me how Okabe remains relatively unscathed each time, to be able to time-leap again and again?
Aug 22, 2018 12:39 PM

Apr 2014
Crecent said:

VN had more good moment beacause it's length but it still cant top episode 8
Anime had strong continuity narrative so far and shit action scene which a lot of change and we on different worldline form VN so no one predict what will happen aside form VN guide and still catch VN reader off guard.
Aug 22, 2018 12:41 PM

Dec 2016
So first ,L M A O okabe made it to the roof where the time maching was even with 30
war planes, 40 helicopters 30 cars and 400 soldiers that was such a pain to watch...

And "oh where is that kurisu voice coming from?? behind me ? in the sky ? Oh wow it's amadeus in my pocket!!1!" *okarin (aut*stic pseudo scientist) looks behind him* that part was so cringe & nonsense just to get 6-7 secs with almost 0 animation I guess?

Getting even more boring episode per episode, I'm wondering how I actually did enjoy the season 1 *question mark x50 & dropping season 1 score as a revenge for stealing my precious time*

And of course, fans be like "deserves 10/10 bestest goodest anime" without critic arguments because 17 mins of trash is still ok if you have your dose of teleporting and feelings manipulating, everyone gives it a 10 without critic arguments..

And yeah this season's gonna end being 9*+ because ending with 6 eps of aMaZiNg "i save everyone and i can go back in the past" so everyone will forget these 18 garbages eps.
SephyrosAug 22, 2018 12:45 PM
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Aug 22, 2018 12:43 PM

Jan 2018
This episode got the Steins;gave 1st season vibe i really liked it.

But what whas with the broken screen at the end of the episode? Now i cant wait to find out.
Aug 22, 2018 12:45 PM

Apr 2014
wait anyone confirm no next week episode!!! suffering begin
Aug 22, 2018 12:50 PM

Jan 2016
By the rate this is going... I feel like that we can witness Hohouin Kyouma's revival by the end of the next episode and that makes me excited af.
Aug 22, 2018 1:04 PM

Apr 2015
Hmm, nothing unpredictable happening, except the scene after the ED song.. hmm, as Okabe time leap, isn't that mean mayuri and suzuha failed to time travel last episode and this episode? And how the hell Okabe survive all those riots both in previous episode and this episode... probably there is time convergent called plot armor.. I just hope like this Okabe died and better okabe in different timeline become the new mc.. or mayuri become the new mc like kurisu in the movie..
lswarmrulerAug 23, 2018 10:52 AM

Try reading Spy x Family Manga ^_^
U will love it, i promise...
Aug 22, 2018 1:15 PM
Apr 2017
lswarmruler said:
Hmm, nothing unpredictable happening, except the scene after the ED song.. hmm, as Okabe time leap, isn't that mean mayuri and suzuha failed to time travel last episode and this episode? And how the hell Okabe survive all those riots both in previous episode and this episode... probably there is time divergent called plot armor.. I just hope like this Okabe died and better okabe in different timeline become the new mc.. or mayuri become the new mc like kurisu in the movie..

This plot armor exists from VN.
Aug 22, 2018 1:23 PM

Apr 2015
Oh yeah, tbh the first time i watch the original Steins;Gate, i felt a little bit odd that Mayuri slaps Okabe, as it breaks her personality. Then I read the difference of VN and anime adaptation of the series, and found out that Nae isn't actually the original Nae

This led me to have hypothesis that maybe other innocent looking character like Daru and especially Mayuri might also come from the future to help Okabe secretly..

Hmm this episode is probably kinda confirm about past Mayuri probably isn't really an original mayuri .

Try reading Spy x Family Manga ^_^
U will love it, i promise...
Aug 22, 2018 1:25 PM
May 2016
suryaiyer13 said:
Crecent said:

Like I said, anime is different from VN, because this time there are 3 endings to be covered to finish the story, unlike the og steins gate. Anime just made a cocktail of these endings for linearty.
if we compare steins;gate 0 with the original steins;gate anime.. for me steins;gate 0 is bad with respect to directing and music directing + steins;gate animation was more good. Meaning steins;gate anime was done more accurate..Thats the reason why sad moments didnt feel that sad in steins;gate 0..so thats why i was asking if visual novel of steins;gate 0 was more good?
Aug 22, 2018 1:29 PM
May 2016
Sephyros said:
So first ,L M A O okabe made it to the roof where the time maching was even with 30
war planes, 40 helicopters 30 cars and 400 soldiers that was such a pain to watch...

And "oh where is that kurisu voice coming from?? behind me ? in the sky ? Oh wow it's amadeus in my pocket!!1!" *okarin (aut*stic pseudo scientist) looks behind him* that part was so cringe & nonsense just to get 6-7 secs with almost 0 animation I guess?

Getting even more boring episode per episode, I'm wondering how I actually did enjoy the season 1 *question mark x50 & dropping season 1 score as a revenge for stealing my precious time*

And of course, fans be like "deserves 10/10 bestest goodest anime" without critic arguments because 17 mins of trash is still ok if you have your dose of teleporting and feelings manipulating, everyone gives it a 10 without critic arguments..

And yeah this season's gonna end being 9*+ because ending with 6 eps of aMaZiNg "i save everyone and i can go back in the past" so everyone will forget these 18 garbages eps.
thank God someone shares the same feeling towards steins;gate 0..
Aug 22, 2018 1:30 PM
May 2016
neolucaman said:
Crecent said:

Anime had strong continuity narrative so far and shit action scene which a lot of change and we on different worldline form VN so no one predict what will happen aside form VN guide and still catch VN reader off guard.
what do you mean by continuity narrative ?
Aug 22, 2018 1:44 PM

Feb 2016
Oh my, Oh my

THIS SHIT JUST LIT UP SO FREAKING HARD!
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Aug 22, 2018 1:44 PM

Jan 2012
They finally caught the appropriate Atmo in the first scene and first half. The first half was great as the preview hinted.

The 2nd half however was probably the worst possible way to transition into PR. Im glad with the small teaser and that we do get it, but really the episode would have been so much better if they didnt go for the loop but GS Ending on the 2nd half after first time-leap. I mean it literally worked out how Okabe got caught off-guard on Reyes, but no. Quite a wasted opportunity there, but lets see how PR works out, its quite an anime original take on it after all. Hyped for PR, but really wished they did the 2nd half of the episode not like that.
Aug 22, 2018 2:16 PM

May 2017
Sprinting to the finish line now, superb ep ever so slightly makes up for the brief upcoming hiatus.
Aug 22, 2018 2:29 PM

Feb 2014
For one thing, the action scenes was animated FAR better than last week, but it does suck that we have to wait an extra week for the next episode. As long as the quality doesn't suffer, then I'm fine with the extra wait. =)

The episode itself had its powerful moments, although I did get caught by surprise with the route that the anime is going to take now. Confusing it may be, but I'm not going to jump to conclusions and start firing contradictions this and that anytime soon, probably since I have one more route to complete in the VN. Save all of that for when the shows ends at least. =/

Either way, the thing that caught me off-guard the most was the 10 second post-credit scene. It gives me a feeling of more powerful tension and drama is on it's way now. Damn, these two weeks until the next episode will feel long. >_<
Aug 22, 2018 2:33 PM

Jan 2012
Crecent said:
neolucaman said:

what do you mean by continuity narrative ?

The VN has quite a few disconnected/conflicting also long worldlines that are still connected in the way they tell the overall story. As no worldline is wasted effort to reach S;G.

While the anime follows mostly a new wordline that incorperates different elements only from one perspective to create a linear story based not only on the VN but also Arclight. Its kinda a new route that will reach the true ending.

Its different enough to enjoy it if you know the VN, but at the same time simplifies a lot of things to make it work. Also especially the last 5 episodes will be a rather anime original take on, its rather unknown territory despite knowing key elements/scenes they will integrate.

I can tell you for example to take the teaser at the end from this episode serious as next episode will be PR (a chapter name from the VN) and only suggest to avoid the next preview in particular. But at the same time no idea how it will work out in the anime despite knowing the result too, as the anime differs and puts the chapter in a different context and there are quite some questions i have that needs to be answered in the anime route quite different than the VN.
sanleiAug 22, 2018 2:39 PM
Aug 22, 2018 2:44 PM
May 2017
suryaiyer13 said:
Mike4992 said:

Aug 22, 2018 2:51 PM

Jan 2012
KanashiiSekai said:
suryaiyer13 said:

Aug 22, 2018 2:54 PM

Aug 2018
Feels like a return to formula (a good one!), this episode. Finally the themese of S:G are back, after the laughable fight episode a week ago I was worried that it'd end confusing and terrible, lacking the main themes of the series.

Let's hope they last episodes will be a banger like this one.
Aug 22, 2018 2:56 PM
Nov 2016
Finally, a pretty damn good episode, we needed this type of episode to balance out the shitty episode 18 which made me cringe the whole time.

So the time machine blowing up is a convergence, this is the type of stuff I wanted in Steins;Gate 0, fighting against convergence and this episode delivered just that so I'm satisfied with episode 19. This was one of the best episode so far along with episode 8.

The thing that I hate is that it took long enough to reach this point to fight against convergence, this needed to happen a lot earlier to keep the viewer interested but we got sidetracked with a lot of uninteresting bullshit that didn't help the plot at all, the previous episodes felt like fillers episodes instead, this type of episode needed to come a lot earlier and not this fucking late, we only have 4 episodes left for fucks sake.
Aug 22, 2018 3:51 PM

Nov 2015
Something weird about the latest scene , as if Time got broken , something wrong gonna happen , the problem only 4 episodes remaining , so it won't feel like season 1 when everything happened at the middle of the season
Aug 22, 2018 3:57 PM
Aug 2009
So the Telephone msg thingy sends a msg 48 hours or so back in time, then all they have to do is make a new Telephone machine right away and gain time that way and thus you can break the loop before it even starts because of the time frame they have to work in. But I gues thats too realistic :P
Aug 22, 2018 4:02 PM

Apr 2016
back to the endless time-leaping! Okabe is finally doing it!!
Aug 22, 2018 4:17 PM
Jan 2016
Well! And the ritual begins! We are close of getting Hououin Kyouma back, now Okabe is determinated to save all, like last season, now seems that the objective is to Suzuha and Mayuri use successfully the time machine and complete Operation Arclight!

But now the things happened diferently in relation before the time leap, what was Reyes doing there this time?

And after ending, what is the meaning of the last image, with the time and date, and got broken! I am affraid to know if its something that happened wrong!!!

Hyped and so much curious!
Hope we have episode next week!
Aug 22, 2018 5:32 PM
a car

Jun 2017
I spent the whole episode with a confused expression on my face waiting for you-know-what.

AND WE GET CLIFF-HUNG WITH THIS?!

The most obvious explanation would be PR, but the trollish post-credit scene said 7/06 on it. For now, I side with this post:
Mike4992 said:
However, with 4 eps left, we still have a bunch of stuff left, as well as a certain chapter that demands serious expansion among other things. I DON'T KNOW MAAAAAN!
Aug 22, 2018 5:44 PM

Feb 2008
When time kind froze there I notice possibilities that he might be going to future, it had to connect somewhere there, or anime are going original way cause he wasn't this determinate in VN before not experience things in future.

For now let's see first how they will done this.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2018

572 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

197 by Alrinth »»
Apr 9, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 11 Discussion

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

38 by Alrinth »»
Apr 7, 4:11 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

103 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Mar 24, 4:17 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2018

218 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 16, 5:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.