Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 13, 2018 3:53 AM

Feb 2017
because this show are enjoyable and "not hard to watch".
all things seems right and watchable, there is no cringe, awkward and annoying stuff.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Aug 13, 2018 9:49 AM

Apr 2017
thepath said:
maybe because the show is very entertaining ?! Hot girls + good fanservice + overpowered character = enjoyment.

FOr people enjoy this show, I recommend also watching Hyakuren no Haou to Seiyaku no Valkyria. No idea why this one rated so low

Not to discredit you or anything, I tried both, but Valkyria didn't really entertained me as much as this one. So I suppose that is why the rating is lower?
Life isn't as fun and easy as anime.
Watch anime to bring that fun!!
Aug 13, 2018 9:52 AM

Apr 2017
Why this show has high rating... Huh?
In my personal opinion, this show has a fun factor and excitement factor somehow unique to this show.
Fine... Its a pure ecchi, but I can't say its annoying, the ecchi somewhat balanced with the plot.

The characters are likeable, main characters in this case. The MC is funny, the two little heroines aren't exactly generic.

And darn I liked that Rumi Ookubo's Bunny (Sylvie), along with the cute cat, Rem
Life isn't as fun and easy as anime.
Watch anime to bring that fun!!
Aug 13, 2018 10:57 PM

Sep 2008
I think the fact that the show doesn't take itself too seriously is part of the reason. I wasn't expecting it to be a comedy like this before it aired. The other low rated Isekai shows are all trying to be serious which ends up backfiring with the bad writing.
5layerAug 13, 2018 11:02 PM
Aug 14, 2018 7:37 AM

Apr 2012
I actually like it , it's mindless entertaiment, it's fun to Watch and I would say that a lot of people like that once in a while. I watched the first 4 ep and loved them I gave the series an 8 at that point. then Ep 5-6 came about and honestly the series lost some of it's appeal. ep 5-6 are missing some of the magic that Ep 1-4 had. So I dropped the score to 7 but all in all it's still a great series.

Will see how ep 7 onwards goes. Does this anime regain ist 8 title or does it stay the same at 7 or will it loose another notch and go to 6.
Tiamat26Aug 14, 2018 7:43 AM

Aug 14, 2018 7:44 AM

Jan 2018
You can't hate it if you can't pronounce it.
Aug 16, 2018 10:09 AM

Nov 2011
ganomed said:

Do you need more arguments ?

I'd like to add to this please.

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 16, 2018 10:37 AM
Jul 2018
it's cuz people like tits, unlike your gay ass.
Aug 16, 2018 10:45 AM
Aug 2016
Because other people enjoy it? :thinking:

>poor man's overlord
Aug 16, 2018 1:54 PM

Aug 2017
i personally liked this anime...any anime that has Op demon as MC im in i dont give a shit.
The Mc reminds me of Overlord so im good i LOVE overlord i will probably give this anime 8 or 9 depends on the ending
Aug 18, 2018 12:44 PM

Jun 2011
Because it's actually pretty decent, one of the better isekai shows. I like the main trio and I like the fanservice. It also might not be anything new, but it doesn't give me a headache either, unlike, for example, hyakuren no haou or even re:zero. also, unlike re:zero's rem, the rem in this show is actually likeable :)
LyreeAug 18, 2018 12:49 PM
Aug 18, 2018 2:01 PM

Apr 2018
Cause we didn't get a harem with a decent budget in a while and the girls are actually hot
Aug 18, 2018 2:04 PM

Apr 2018
ChrisTheWeeb said:
Because people find it entertaining I guess. As trashy as a show may be, people will still rate it highly if they enjoy it.
that explains why you have bnha in your top 10 chris
Aug 18, 2018 2:16 PM

Aug 2018
Actully, I started watching this anime as a joke (and to see how the fanservice is), but I have have to admit I actully enjoy this anime. I mean, you can't say no against a cute elf with big anime tiddies and a flat chested neko (I'm a fan of neko's BTW - I'm still waiting for those genetically engineered catgirls for domestic ownership) that's also cute. Even if you're an OP Demon Lord.
Timz0rAug 18, 2018 2:29 PM
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Aug 18, 2018 2:26 PM

May 2016
Swagernator said:
Because, i will be damned for saying this ... this is actually first good Isekai in like last 20 years.
What about Konosuba?
Accept everyone's opinions. Unless they are badly constructed or something the lines of "Uhh duuh da girls were sexy"

That's not an opinion, that's Something called "A lack of brain cells". Specifically the latter.

Everyone who likes Eromanga-Sensei is a pedophile.
Aug 18, 2018 4:30 PM

Dec 2016
Akerakai said:

Hmm, yet you have Haganai, Is This a Zombie, etc lol
Aug 18, 2018 11:28 PM

Apr 2018
ChrisTheWeeb said:
Akerakai said:

Hmm, yet you have Haganai, Is This a Zombie, etc lol
yet you have high school dxd...
Aug 19, 2018 3:44 AM

Dec 2016
Akerakai said:

High School DxD is a masterpiece though
Aug 19, 2018 4:11 AM

Apr 2018
ChrisTheWeeb said:
Akerakai said:

ChrisTheWeeb said:
Akerakai said:

indeed koneko,asia,rias,and akeno are masterpieces
Aug 19, 2018 4:41 AM

Dec 2016
Akerakai said:

You're a cultured man I see
Aug 20, 2018 5:54 AM

Nov 2009
Smudy said:
Cause the characters are actually likable, there's decent animation, the tropes are executed well.

This. Overlord would have been actually watchable if the MC didn't have a horde of minions, each of which is Evil Incarnate, and instead adventured on his own and got himself some new, likeable, friends.
Some people say that Overlord is a good or thoughtful novel/anime, but when every other arc you find yourself hoping the opposition will win, you know the author failed at getting the audience's sympathy.

xShinigami3125 said:
Mormegil said:
Because it's Isekai show #572. And all Isekai shows are highly rated and insanely popular, for some reason or another.

All isekai shows are very popular but most of them get a lot of hate and have a pretty low rating unlike this one

Basically, we all knew what we're going to get when we saw a busty elf and a loli catgirl in collars on the cover, and we got exactly that. People who didn't want that didn't watch and didn't get to vote. I think it's like this.
Aug 20, 2018 6:35 AM

Jan 2013
xShinigami3125 said:
Mormegil said:
Because it's Isekai show #572. And all Isekai shows are highly rated and insanely popular, for some reason or another.

All isekai shows are very popular but most of them get a lot of hate and have a pretty low rating unlike this one
Ehh not true, not all isekai shows are popular.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Aug 20, 2018 11:33 AM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
Because loli's cute

Aug 24, 2018 2:20 PM

Apr 2009
Why do you care about it's rating? If you like it you like it, if you don't you don't. Move along. MAL ratings are a joke to begin with.
Aug 24, 2018 5:07 PM

Jan 2012
SoraSenpai said:
ganomed said:

I'd like to add to this please.

And of course, this:

Aug 24, 2018 6:18 PM
Aug 2017
Because the MC is more likeable than other Isekai anime like Isekai Smartphone and Death March, even though this anime is hard ecchi in some episodes but the MC and story is way more better than other trash Isekai anime
Aug 24, 2018 10:55 PM

Sep 2016
The show's alright.
7.4 isn't high, its a proper average rating on MAL, so i don't know what you're talking about. Plus its got "Rem" in it :-P
Aug 25, 2018 7:04 AM
Jul 2017
7.4 is average. Busty elf, loli neko plus other good drawn characters. Op MC. Your daily dose of anime for your aversge otaku. Plus, fan base from the original source might give it a high rating. I haven't checked out the original source but according to various sources, its apparently really good. The MC isn't as good as the one in overlord. However, i would argue that the girls are way better in this one.
Aug 25, 2018 7:12 AM

Sep 2011
Cool main character - genuinely funny moments - likable characters - good story-flow.

I mean, it's nothing revolutionary, it's not as good as something like Overlord, but that doesn't mean it's bad.
Aug 25, 2018 11:57 AM
Aug 2014
Good MC, beautiful art, great VAs, good pacing, well done ecchi (bordering on hentai for the uncensored version), doesn't dwell on the sad stuff, and the atmosphere is cosy and optimistic. The last bit is important, as I want to see good things happen to good people in fiction, as I don't often see it in real life.
Aug 28, 2018 2:26 AM
Apr 2018
ganomed said:

Titty
All
Day
Every
Day

EXTRA THICCCC
Aug 28, 2018 12:55 PM

Mar 2013
Because MAL is just full of bumbling idiots. The comments in this thread alone become evidence of that right now, like all those in the past.
Aug 29, 2018 8:15 PM
Jul 2012
It's pretty good. Probably 3rd best isekai I've watched. Has a good balance of seriousness and goofiness.
Aug 30, 2018 10:49 PM

Jan 2014
I watched it, because I was reading the novel. Now I am glad that I did. The anime is following the novel very rigorously. Sure, it skip a few scenes, but nothing of real interest or importance. I think the reason why people are sick of the "isekai" sub-genre, is do to the many novels/mangas poorly adapted to anime. Studios need to take more care adapting stories. Too often, they skimp on the writing, animation, execution, and pacing. This story is enjoyable. Give it a chance.
Aug 31, 2018 10:40 AM

Sep 2013
Cause it's fun! I feel like almost anyone can enjoy with the caveat of liking fanservice or not minding it. The mc is cool and so are the supporting characters even if they are tropey (lol). Also the action, animation, and art are all quite nice.
Aug 31, 2018 10:42 AM

Sep 2013
ChrisTheWeeb said:
Akerakai said:

You're a cultured man I see

Xenovia is my #1 personally :D
Sep 1, 2018 8:53 AM
Jan 2018
hey guys, i don't know where to write my POV so i just gonna share it here because the title somehow is on the same line as my opinion. "Why does this show still have such a high rating ?" yes i kind of bit of hate this anime. why? well u guys gonna hate me for this, but i barely watch the first episode. well the reason i got dissapointedabot this anime is because im a fan of the manga. and the anime is bit let down for me. YES Both are some isekai harem ecchi shits, but in the manga the character feels more mature, and tbh the voice in the anime doesn't feels right for me. in the manga the girls feels like more of a teenagers adventurer, but in the anime they feel like just lolis............. in eps one there are lots of cuts, and really feels like some cheap rippoff "isekai-harem-ecchi-shits" while the manga is more of QUALITY "isekai-harem-ecchi-shits" with more adventure.
i know lot of u guys who love this anime, but the manga i think is much much better..........
Sep 1, 2018 12:02 PM
Aug 2014
oldboi said:
hey guys, i don't know where to write my POV so i just gonna share it here because the title somehow is on the same line as my opinion. "Why does this show still have such a high rating ?" yes i kind of bit of hate this anime. why? well u guys gonna hate me for this, but i barely watch the first episode. well the reason i got dissapointedabot this anime is because im a fan of the manga. and the anime is bit let down for me. YES Both are some isekai harem ecchi shits, but in the manga the character feels more mature, and tbh the voice in the anime doesn't feels right for me. in the manga the girls feels like more of a teenagers adventurer, but in the anime they feel like just lolis............. in eps one there are lots of cuts, and really feels like some cheap rippoff "isekai-harem-ecchi-shits" while the manga is more of QUALITY "isekai-harem-ecchi-shits" with more adventure.
i know lot of u guys who love this anime, but the manga i think is much much better..........

You're right, I fucking hate people who barely watch an episode and then wastes minutes of my life spewing garbage about it. Delete this post.
Sep 4, 2018 12:03 PM

Dec 2016
Aggron said:
Xenovia is my #1 personally :D

Nahhhh we all know Rias is the true queen of DxD. Xenovia is a close 2nd place.
Sep 4, 2018 4:47 PM

Sep 2017
To me maybe because it's a pretty good ecchi anime with a good mc
Are we really gonna make it..?
Sep 5, 2018 3:11 PM
Jun 2014
I was thinking the same thing, why does this have a high rating. It's a trash show with just fanservice
Sep 6, 2018 10:24 AM

Aug 2012
The show is rated as such because people rated it that way. So far, there are 24k people who have rated this anime. If your rating for a title is significantly lower than the majority then that just means that your taste is different from the majority. That's just the way it is. No point in asking the reason for the rating as you already have your own rating for the show. Surely, you have your own justifications for your own rating. You should just accept that a lot of people like it while you don't like it and that's fine. That's the way it is for everyone.
Sep 6, 2018 11:55 AM

Oct 2016
Indeed, overlord is better than this piece of trash.
Sep 6, 2018 1:34 PM

Nov 2014
It's like saying HxH can't be good because it's just a shounen.
Isekai Maou is isekai ecchi harem done right. It's cliche, predictable and you've seen it all already. But it's still great fun and doesn't have glaring flaws that many anime (not only isekai) have. Also, protagonist is interesting, which automatically sets it above most of 1-season isekais.
Sep 6, 2018 6:59 PM

Oct 2016
Terkhev said:
Isekai Maou is isekai ecchi harem done right. It's cliche, predictable and you've seen it all already. But it's still great fun and doesn't have glaring flaws that many anime (not only isekai) have. Also, protagonist is interesting, which automatically sets it above most of 1-season isekais.
Terkhev said:
The genre itself is a glaring flaw.
Sep 6, 2018 7:51 PM

Sep 2015
it just got lucky that it didn't become this seasons punching bag. not surprising really when the comparative competition is somehow worse
N.etorare T.echnical R.esearcher
Sep 7, 2018 3:30 AM

Dec 2015
7 is not high, not for MAL at least
Sep 7, 2018 1:45 PM

Nov 2008
xShinigami3125 said:
I mean I watched the first few episodes and this just feels like a poor mans overlord and the overlord anime is already not that great... So did I miss some great characters or an amazing story in betweeen the Gigant jiggeling breasts or what is happening?

Because some people enjoy it? Not everyone has to dislike what you dislike or like what you like. - The rating will change once the series is finished and I rather doubt its leaving the 7s

and as for a poor mans overlord? I would disagree they are quite different series wise and plot movement from my perspective as a LN reader of both of these series; but you have your own perspective; Not going to debate perspectives.
sirwenceSep 7, 2018 1:49 PM
Sep 7, 2018 2:30 PM

Aug 2012
Unlike most ecchi characters they don't feel like a piece of plastic with boobs.
Sep 7, 2018 3:35 PM

Aug 2013
Because people like shit. Seriously, if this had come out 4 years ago, it would've been understandable, but with so many SAO clones after all these years...
"Doubting everything that you take on... That is very important. Open your own eyes, clear out your ears, and look and listen to the world... And think using your own brain. After you've doubted everything, there is a possibility of something real to believe in. To believe in something, doubt everything."

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu Episode 2 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 8, 2018

37 by WeAreBlank20 »»
Apr 7, 4:21 PM

Poll: » Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu Episode 1 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 8, 2018

36 by WeAreBlank20 »»
Apr 7, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu Episode 3 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 9, 2018

25 by CL12W »»
Mar 23, 5:02 PM

Poll: » Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2018

206 by razisgosu »»
Jan 3, 11:40 PM

Poll: » Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2018

122 by razisgosu »»
Jan 3, 11:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.