Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 10, 2018 7:27 PM
Jul 2018
I want to know if this season is progressing well or no , since that the prequel of this arc was so lame for me and the adaptation is bad , and when I decided to watch the first episode from this season it wasn't great at all (imo only , no offense). So I had to wait for few weeks to decide whether I continue or no , however everyday the rate of this sequel is getting lower ( aka now it's 8,93 ) So please tell me , thanks in advance.
Aug 12, 2018 3:22 AM

Aug 2010
For me in my opinion is boring so I end up dropping the prequel of this arc. I scanned the ahead chapters and looks pretty boring and random in my opinion. This series is pretty overrated.
Aug 12, 2018 4:41 AM
Jul 2018
chibizero81 said:
For me in my opinion is boring so I end up dropping the prequel of this arc. I scanned the ahead chapters and looks pretty boring and random in my opinion. This series is pretty overrated.

I'm not talking about the manga nor the prequel ( since I didn't like the prequel either ) however Gintama is my Fav. series and never saw it overrated at all, so I was asking if the events and fights of this sequel ( anime adaption version ) is good or no.
Aug 13, 2018 12:12 PM

Apr 2015
Heumers said:
chibizero81 said:

I'm not talking about the manga nor the prequel ( since I didn't like the prequel either ) however Gintama is my Fav. series and never saw it overrated at all, so I was asking if the events and fights of this sequel ( anime adaption version ) is good or no.

believe me when i say (and i'm a manga reader and i know what happen next) the pace & the events/fights in this arc is boring/cliché as hell 'manga wise' and in my opinion follow the anime it will make it easier to swallow all this shitty drama but don't expect much form this arc but it will gets waaayy better later in the next arc, that's said if they actually gonna animate that.
Aug 13, 2018 12:32 PM
Jul 2018
sarahak said:
believe me when i say (and i'm a manga reader and i know what happen next) the pace & the events/fights in this arc is boring/cliché as hell 'manga wise' and in my opinion follow the anime it will make it easier to swallow all this shitty drama but don't expect much form this arc but it will gets waaayy better later in the next arc, that's said if they actually gonna animate that.

So Isn't Silver soul the final arc ? I'm not sure tho , anyways if there's another arc after this one , did that arc finish or not yet ? I really hope it's get animated then if it's so good as u assume. ( Also , from the things I hate in this arc is fighting against Amanto - Aliens - , so is it the same in the next arc or it'll be against people like in Shogun assassination / shinsengumi farewell arcs ? )
Aug 13, 2018 1:52 PM

Apr 2015
Heumers said:
sarahak said:

So Isn't Silver soul the final arc ? I'm not sure tho , anyways if there's another arc after this one , did that arc finish or not yet ? I really hope it's get animated then if it's so good as u assume. ( Also , from the things I hate in this arc is fighting against Amanto - Aliens - , so is it the same in the next arc or it'll be against people like in Shogun assassination / shinsengumi farewell arcs ? )

yes sorachi trolled us when he said silver soul is the final arc (i can't say much i don't want spoil it for you) but it brought back some of gintama old gold gags, also continued with saving the earth theme.
No its still on going and there is news about it saying it will end in 5 chapters not sure if its real this time or another troll but silver soul is going to end soon although i'm not following the anime there is not much left. so hang in there.
Aug 13, 2018 2:19 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
sarahak said:
Heumers said:

yes sorachi trolled us when he said silver soul is the final arc (i can't say much i don't want spoil it for you) but it brought back some of gintama old gold gags, also continued with saving the earth theme.
No its still on going and there is news about it saying it will end in 5 chapters not sure if its real this time or another troll but silver soul is going to end soon although i'm not following the anime there is not much left. so hang in there.
Last news about the manga finishing was a week or 2. Sorachi said that he actually wants to finish the manga in 2018 but it was not 100% sure.

I need to find again the statement he dropped that time.

EDIT: found it. he dropped this statement in Volume 74.

DatRandomDudeAug 13, 2018 2:53 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Aug 13, 2018 3:54 PM
Jul 2018
sarahak said:

Aha I see , okei thank you so much :D

DatRandomDude said:
Last news about the manga finishing was a week or 2. Sorachi said that he actually wants to finish the manga in 2018 but it was not 100% sure.

Thanks for the info , however is there a chance that the author ( sorachi ) won't be able to finish it this year or no ? since he said in the end "maybe I should go with 10" as he isn't sure by himself.
Aug 13, 2018 4:11 PM
Nov 2013
This thread boggles my mind.

It's generally considered that the second half of SS is amazing, everyone was hyped as it was releasing in the manga and I agree- it's a great battle, surrounded by many other hype and hilarious moments.

Sure the "final part" of SS is even better but my god is it disengenuous to say the second half was bad in any capacity. IMO the first half of SS was great too, but I could understand how it could rub some the wrong way- even though it was 100* necessary to give the side characters closure
Aug 13, 2018 4:48 PM
Jul 2018
crystalblade13 said:

It's generally considered that the second half of SS is amazing, everyone was hyped as it was releasing in the manga and I agree- it's a great battle, surrounded by many other hype and hilarious moments.

Sure the "final part" of SS is even better but my god is it disengenuous to say the second half was bad in any capacity. IMO the first half of SS was great too, but I could understand how it could rub some the wrong way- even though it was 100* necessary to give the side characters closure

Hmm I didn't get your point tho , you mean the 2nd part of SS is better than the first part or the opposite ? :o
Aug 13, 2018 7:16 PM
Nov 2013
Heumers said:
crystalblade13 said:

Hmm I didn't get your point tho , you mean the 2nd part of SS is better than the first part or the opposite ? :o

I prefer the second half, but I think the first half was plenty good. I have especially fond memories of it in the manga. But as most say, the upcoming "third part" is the best of all.
Aug 13, 2018 8:06 PM
Jul 2018
crystalblade13 said:
I prefer the second half, but I think the first half was plenty good. I have especially fond memories of it in the manga. But as most say, the upcoming "third part" is the best of all.

I see :o okei thanks for the info ^-^
Aug 14, 2018 1:28 AM

Apr 2015
DatRandomDude said:
sarahak said:

just 3 days ago he dropped this
https://twitter.com/kiirobon/status/1027966575054336005?s=19
but again its sorachi we can't trust gorilla. some says its not the end but but 5 chapters till the second climax. (the first one happened like 8 months ago) that would associate with the news 2 weeks ago when he said he needs 3 volumes or ten to finish the manga..
and according to the current pace its hard to believe that he can finish the series in few chapters but yeah we just need to wait and see
sarahakAug 14, 2018 1:34 AM
Aug 14, 2018 10:50 AM
Jul 2018
sarahak said:
just 3 days ago he dropped this
https://twitter.com/kiirobon/status/1027966575054336005?s=19
but again its sorachi we can't trust gorilla. some says its not the end but but 5 chapters till the second climax. (the first one happened like 8 months ago) that would associate with the news 2 weeks ago when he said he needs 3 volumes or ten to finish the manga..
and according to the current pace its hard to believe that he can finish the series in few chapters but yeah we just need to wait and see

I hope it's another troll from him xD Cause I still want another arc that's competitive to the same epic level of SA or SF for example. Also I want the old comedy of Gintama to be back ;-; so yeah let's just wait and see xD
Aug 14, 2018 9:49 PM

Oct 2010
I want to watch it so I hope It's getting better all the time. I hope he author ends it soon.
Aug 14, 2018 9:52 PM

Aug 2018
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm idk
Aug 15, 2018 2:41 PM

Mar 2015
I can't understand how someone who has liked Gintama until now can think that Silver Soul arc is bad. It's mindblowing to me. Like, is the animation the only thing you guys care about? What's so bad with the writting in the Silver Soul arc? Are there plot holes in the story? Are characters being inconsistent? Is there something that doesn't make sense? I can never get a specific answer to these questions and I genuinely can't understand your opinions.
Aug 15, 2018 2:52 PM
Jul 2018
BliuBliu said:
I can't understand how someone who has liked Gintama until now can think that Silver Soul arc is bad. It's mindblowing to me. Like, is the animation the only thing you guys care about? What's so bad with the writting in the Silver Soul arc? Are there plot holes in the story? Are characters being inconsistent? Is there something that doesn't make sense? I can never get a specific answer to these questions and I genuinely can't understand your opinions.

1. The animation is so bad compared to the previous seasons , the animation in fights is mostly about static images , aka no hype nor tension in fights.
2. First season of SS was so rushed and fast paced
3. in First season of SS , there were many silly censors.
4. No worthy opponent , they are just fighting against normal soldiers.
5. The plot of the arc itself irritates me , the whole concept of amanto invading ONLY Japan and normal citizens with poor weapons ( Ex: Kabukicho's normal citizens ) are capable to fight those skilled soldiers with long-range weapons (aka guns).
6. First episode of season 2 of SS was only flashbacks , nothing important to see.
7. Making all characters to appear within 12-24 episodes only of a long series , is a wrong idea , if you want to focus on characters you should provide us with at least some good dialogues , like in the manga , many dialogues were cut in the anime. ( It's only my opinion tho , I don't have any intention to discuss the previous points tho )

Imo , SA , SF and RDB are on different level than this arc. The plot , the fights , the tragedy and the animation , everything was perfect. I'm not here to argue about "Why SS is a bad arc". I'm here asking if the adaption is getting better or no. And the people above already answered me xD It seems that the 3rd part of this arc is what I'm waiting for tho.
removed-userAug 15, 2018 2:56 PM
Aug 15, 2018 3:40 PM

Mar 2015
Ok you don't want to argue but I'm still going to respond to your points, I just have to.
Heumers said:

1. The animation is so bad compared to the previous seasons , the animation in fights is mostly about static images , aka no hype nor tension in fights.

Ok I get it, I also think the animation should have been better but animation doesn't make a show, it's about the story and characters.
Heumers said:

2. First season of SS was so rushed and fast paced

What exactly was "so rushed and fast paced"?
Heumers said:

3. in First season of SS , there were many silly censors.

Really? That's what you're going to complain about? Look I also dislike censorship in anime but it's not something that breaks an anime like Gintama that's not about gore for me. And which "many silly" censors cos I only remember one blatant instance in the Dakini fight.
Heumers said:

4. No worthy opponent , they are just fighting against normal soldiers.

Ok I agree with that, the Dakini, Shinra and Yato were underwhelming opponents when they should have posed more threat than they did.
Heumers said:

5. The plot of the arc itself irritates me , the whole concept of amanto invading ONLY Japan and normal citizens with poor weapons ( Ex: Kabukicho's normal citizens ) are capable to fight those skilled soldiers with long-range weapons (aka guns).

Didn't the Neo Armstrong Cyclone Jet Armstrong Canon disable Amanto's tech including the long range weapons? Who says the Amanto invaded only Japan? The focus is on Edo because that's where the point of interest is with the Terminal and because that's where the characters of the show live. I don't see a big problem with it. Yes, Gintama lacks worldbuilding but on the other hand it has never really been about that. And yes normal citizens are able to fight in wars. Who do you think gets drafted when one country suddenly invades another country? And here in Gintama they have 3 of the Kabukicho 4 Devas with their gangs and we know by now that these people know how to fight and some of them are among the strongest humans in the series.
Heumers said:

6. First episode of season 2 of SS was only flashbacks , nothing important to see.

No it weren't. Nothing important to see? What the heck? They fleshed out Kiheitai members, showed how they came to be and gave us more understanding about the Kiheitai members because they are an important group that's critical in the fight in space. I can't understand how someone who claims to like Gintama and its characters doesn't care about knowing more about the Kiheitai...
Heumers said:

7. Making all characters to appear within 12-24 episodes only of a long series , is a wrong idea , if you want to focus on characters you should provide us with at least some good dialogues , like in the manga , many dialogues were cut in the anime. ( It's only my opinion tho , I don't have any intention to discuss the previous points tho )

They don't just reappear for the sake of it, they are actually relevant and I don't see how this is bad writing. The dialogues are nothing out of the ordinary for Gintama. Are you saying those few lines of dialogue that were cut from the manga are so vital that it ruins the whole thing?
Aug 15, 2018 6:15 PM
Jul 2018

1. The fight against the leader of Daiki's tribe is the best example of saying "it's rushed". They struggled so much in the beginning but suddenly they could win against him (Ofc he survived and knocked down again later but I mean in the first part of the fight , ppl from the manga even said it was a bit rushed).

2.When it comes to the animes I love the most , I become so criticizing , so yuh Censorship was so lame to be added , Like they censor a cut arm , that wasn't necessary , many animes show that normally. Idc if it's a gore or a normal anime , I hate censorship in general except if there's something so brutal and violent to be shown. And they used the censorship for like 2-3 times not only 1 , but you're right it was against that tribe.

3.I know I got your point , but mostly some of the normal citizens would die ( even if they're strong ) against soldiers , especially those who fight are "women" ,It felt so unrealistic for me , if it's realistic to you , then okei it's your opinion and I respect it idm xD

4. using flashbacks in the first episode is really a very very very bad idea in my opinion , If they wanted to insert a flashback it'd be somewhat in the middle ,I care ofc about these flashbacks but using them in the first episode ? I see that it's not important at all to me , I can barely remember what happened there even lol. again , it's my opinion only xD

5. Yes , these few lines would make it a lil bit better , not a big difference but would be better. Overall you can see even SS arc has the #2 lowest rank among all of the seasons (It's score below 9). Many people beside me disliked it obviously and even my friends who watches Gintama dropped it somehow in the middle of SS arc , some switched to the manga and some will pick up this sequel again but when it's finished. Doesn't mean I love Gintama sooo much that I must love everything in it , Yeah I loved everything in it but till the SS arc , it was flawless till that point , even the manga readers ( in the above comments ) said that the 3rd part of this arc is the best thing about SS. So well , I'll just wait for like 2-3 more weeks and watch this season again. ( depends on my mood tho)
Aug 15, 2018 11:25 PM

Mar 2017
Even tho, I love SS arc, I can't deny the fact that many fans dropped Gintama in the middle of SS arc...but, recently many fans pick it up again because of the third part. The third part has been amazing so far.
Aug 16, 2018 9:01 AM

Sep 2015
SS arc is by far the worst Gintama arc. Story-wise and comedy-wise

Seriously I'm disappointed
Aug 16, 2018 9:28 AM
Jul 2018
FeministSenpai said:
Even tho, I love SS arc, I can't deny the fact that many fans dropped Gintama in the middle of SS arc...but, recently many fans pick it up again because of the third part. The third part has been amazing so far.

Yeah from what the other users said , it seems that the 3rd part is really good. I have to wait till it's get animated to pick up the anime again.

-NeW- said:
SS arc is by far the worst Gintama arc. Story-wise and comedy-wise

Seriously I'm disappointed

Same here , I'm extremely disappointed , SA , SF and RDB were much better than SS , well I hope that the 3rd part of this arc is really good as manga readers assume , or I hope that sorachi are able to make a real final good arc that blows our mind.
Aug 17, 2018 1:16 PM
Jan 2018
Gintama Shirogane Tamashii-hen 2 is reaching its climax I believe. Gintama has always been my favorite series and I think that the second part of the final arc has been getting better and better. I loved both parts of the Silver soul arc but i think the second season is better.
Aug 17, 2018 10:35 PM
Feb 2016
If ur’re the type tht are picky abt everything ofc its getting worse from the pacing till the animation and unappropriate soundtrack insertion but i still enjoy watching what the staff of gintama worked so hard to fulfill the fans coz ive been going through the anime since the start and i’ll watch it till the end before reading up the manga.
Anguish_one7Aug 18, 2018 3:47 AM
Aug 18, 2018 6:46 AM
Mar 2018
The complaining in this thread has been bothering me to the core, damn... And after all those answers, the OP didn't get his questions properly answered:

"Will it get better and less boring?" Yes, the final fight is right around the corner and it's going to be hype af. 10/10 animation is not promised, but it will be hype!

"Did Sorachi troll us with it being the last arc?" No, this is the last, and it is indeed ending very soon. The epilogue is stated to be a part of the SS arc, and is very important.

I think that saying this arc was straight up boring is pushing it. If you have loved Gintama thus far, then this arc is exactly what we wished for, and what the characters needed. I am not defending it only because I am a fan, but because I understand the importance and relevance of this arc. If you watch it for the animation and fights alone, then you have to be watching the wrong series...

Please excuse me for sounding very biased, I don't mean it. If you have any arguments against my statements, I am happy to hear them, but let's avoid unnecessary fighting.
Lord_DraculeAug 18, 2018 6:55 AM
Aug 18, 2018 7:35 AM
Jul 2018
I got all of your points guys, thank you so much ^0^
Aug 19, 2018 4:36 AM
Nov 2013
Yeah...I still can't understand the opinion that "silver soul is weaker than the rest of Gintama". Did you guys who say that actually watch all of Gintama? Or did you jump on the train at the end? The arc PERFECTLY wraps the series up. Pretty much every manga reader in the west anyway loved silver soul as it was releasing. The only complaints I'm seeing is from people who put more stock in the animation/ directing of the anime than what makes the final arc and Gintama in general amazing- the characters, the story, the feels, and the themes. The final arc couldn't do a better job with those aspects than it has done.
Aug 19, 2018 6:31 AM
Jul 2018
crystalblade13 said:
Yeah...I still can't understand the opinion that "silver soul is weaker than the rest of Gintama". Did you guys who say that actually watch all of Gintama? Or did you jump on the train at the end? The arc PERFECTLY wraps the series up. Pretty much every manga reader in the west anyway loved silver soul as it was releasing. The only complaints I'm seeing is from people who put more stock in the animation/ directing of the anime than what makes the final arc and Gintama in general amazing- the characters, the story, the feels, and the themes. The final arc couldn't do a better job with those aspects than it has done.

Idk why some people can't accept the other opinion tho. I watched every season from Gintama beside special episodes and the movies. And I'm pretty sure. SS is the worst arc in Gintama. even these 2-3 episodic arcs were much better. And the rating of SS both seasons is the best proof to this. And really , really a lot of people are complaining about this arc. Not only me. I'm pretty sure its mainly cause of directing but as the other people said here. I shall wait for the 3rd part of this arc to see if it's worthy or no as the other people here assumed.
removed-userAug 19, 2018 6:49 AM
Aug 19, 2018 7:29 AM
Nov 2013
Heumers said:
crystalblade13 said:

Idk why some people can't accept the other opinion tho. I watched every season from Gintama beside special episodes and the movies. And I'm pretty sure. SS is the worst arc in Gintama. even these 2-3 episodic arcs were much better. And the rating of SS both seasons is the best proof to this. And really , really a lot of people are complaining about this arc. Not only me. I'm pretty sure its mainly cause of directing but as the other people said here. I shall wait for the 3rd part of this arc to see if it's worthy or no as the other people here assumed.

The hard boiled detective arc, the ghost inn, plenty of the singles...these arcs were not that good. I know it's all subjective in the end, but how can you dislike an arc that is answering so many long standing questions about the cast that we've been wondering for ages, giving everyone an interesting role in a war ( seeing the joi war was top priority for so many people, but sorachi gave us a new one invoking the characters we love instead), developing the main cast further, taking down the FV, and many other things. This arc has so many high points that it boggles my mind how sometime can say it's worse that some random one off episode about dumplings or something. Like, the characters and story- do you care about them? Or do you just wanna see the characters be funny and kick ass?
Aug 24, 2018 11:40 AM

Oct 2017
The SS arc has its flaws (definitely not a masterpiece like SA and FS were) but its still a lot of fun and really amazing. Definitely not the weakest arc (lots of comedy arcs in in the first series of Gintama were way worse for an example, same for that one season between RDB and SS).

Also the third part is indeed the best so far
Aug 26, 2018 4:21 PM

Jan 2013
I don't get the pessimism here. No one here wants to mention how brilliant it was of Sorachi to bring back the Hata/Madao conflict that began in the early serialisation over 10 years ago-, and bring it closure in a cool way where both characters learn something in the end mixed with immigration jokes and allusions to the past? That's bad writing?

And yes, the Shinra, Yato and Dakini were "underwhelming", in the sense that they were tools to reintroduce us to the side characters from before. The Dakini fleshed out Hedoro and gave him closure, the Shinra are tied to Jirocho and Gintoki from the 4D arc and wanted revenge against those two, and the Yato were long due some exposure in the series aside from the typical rouges gallery (Where their traditions and morals clash with that of Kagura's family)

Or how about the u-turn they did with Takasugi-, where he finally comes to terms with what he is and decides to give his all for the sake of his new family? When Banjou sacrifices himself to prove a point to Shinsuke, and our favorite feminist saves Matako and presents his own catchphrase in a new light? Making us sympathise with Nobunobu, Kamui reconciling with his father (who has finally grown back his hair), the musical direction and clever callbacks that are more than just fanservice (Like the neo armstrong jet cyclone armstrong cannon or Hasegawa's former job at the immigration service)

Those of you who are in for the ride just to see "cool fights and dick jokes" yet complain about bad writing whilst at the same time disregarding what's so good about this arc as if there aren't any such aspects... I have a hard time sympathising with you. I respect your opinions, but I also respectfully disagree. None of you could have written a more satisfying conclusion (as of yet) to this story than Sorachi himself has.

Note: Flashback episodes in of themselves aren't bad just because they're flashback episodes. That's one of the dumbest pieces of criticism I've ever heard, especially when it's followed up by "lol I don't even remember what happened". And Gintama's numbers dropping off/the SS arcs scores being like 0.10 points lower than the rest = it being objectively worse? Give me a break, audience drop-off rates in the west for Gintama has occured since 2005, and season 2 of SS isn't even finished yet. (Most people don't score shit they haven't finished beforehand, I give Gintama 10/10 every year it airs to piss off MALs scoring system where 100 people scoring 10's bring shows up to the top 10's but that's a different story.)

Anyhow have a good day now lads.
Aug 31, 2018 5:09 AM
Mar 2018
chibizero81 said:

Full metal fanboy alert!!
Aug 31, 2018 5:15 AM
Mar 2018
crystalblade13 said:

The silver soul arc was amazing s.s 1 was good it was for the side characters an arc for the side characters is quite amazing you know and S.S 2 was even better it wraps up everything..People who complains are actually really dumb did they not get any of the plot? Did they skip all comedy,heartwarming episodes?? Do they not care about character development? People are getting more and more dumb these days...
Aug 31, 2018 5:29 AM
Jul 2018
farewellpeace said:
crystalblade13 said:

The silver soul arc was amazing s.s 1 was good it was for the side characters an arc for the side characters is quite amazing you know and S.S 2 was even better it wraps up everything..People who complains are actually really dumb did they not get any of the plot? Did they skip all comedy,heartwarming episodes?? Do they not care about character development? People are getting more and more dumb these days...

Yeah Yeah Yeah I wasn't watching Gintama at allllllll and you guys are 100% true and no one has the right to complain and of course I'm pretty dumb cause I think this arc is bad and bla bla. Do you feel good now ?
Aug 31, 2018 5:30 AM
Jul 2018
I'm gladly thankful tho for those who "got" my question and answered it "straight forward". And I got all of y'all points , so no need to comment further more.

(PS: this forum isn't a bait , shitpost nor offensive to anyone and I didn't mean to provoke anyone. I just asked a simple question and I needed a simple answer without all the stupidity that some people said lol. And I got my answer already)
removed-userAug 31, 2018 7:25 AM
Sep 2, 2018 2:45 AM

Aug 2010
farewellpeace said:
chibizero81 said:

Full metal fanboy alert!!

I'm not a boy... I'm a girl for your information.
Sep 2, 2018 12:50 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Dude, watch this week's episode. Best anime episode of 2018.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Sep 2, 2018 2:51 PM
Jul 2018
cchigu said:
Dude, watch this week's episode. Best anime episode of 2018.

Okey , I'll , thanks xD
Sep 2, 2018 5:21 PM

May 2013
I've been disappointed by this arc in a few ways. Hear me out though. If the manga had terrible presentation, you'd be disappointed that something with so much potential was delivered in a trash can right? That's what happened here: the delivery was trash. I absolutely love Gintama. I've cried over the characters on many occasions, but this season just wasn't the final arc I'd hoped for.

The main issues with this arc are two fold. First, the sound design was horrendous and they seriously screwed up the animations such that the battles, which dominated this arc, didn't even have much if any impact. Second, Gintama has always been a brilliant blend of fantastic albeit crude comedy that recursively bounced off of a much less prominent but very well done serious and tear jerking side such that you might find yourself crying tears of laughter one moment and tears of sadness after seeing some talking piece of shit dry out or something (just a made up example).The show has, in previous arcs, gotten much more serious and set aside some of the comedy, but the content was generally well executed upon, the production was engaging, and they usually still managed to either have some fun with it or just genuinely evoke feels that far exceeded anything I felt during the second half of silver soul arc. I love the characters, the cast, and I feel something for all of them. I care about the plot.

What I don't care for is delivering it to me compressed to the nth degree. It's extremely rushed; it's nonstop relatively predictable action and events that honestly are for the most part worse than I'd find in many other shounen out there. THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE OF WHAT I'D EXPECT. Previous arcs challenged if not surpassed why I'd seen in many other highly touted shounen arcs. Now, don't get me wrong, there were some parts that were absolutely amazing, some parts that were ingenious, but between those parts I'm staring mediocre production in the face. Its so messed up. They destroyed what could have been.

The Gintama soundtrack is made for a show with a brilliant blend of serious moments and comedy. BUT HOW MANY TIMES HAVE THEY REPLAYED THE EXACT SAME TWO TRACKS THIS ARC OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN??? The arc is so rushed that they didn't even bother varying the soundtrack. It's hideous sound design and gives me a bad taste in my mouth during soundtracks that I adore. I'm happy for the people that managed to enjoy this arc or love it, but sadly this wasn't the Gintama I was looking for. Gintama has always been a blend, and I wanted a blend to close it out: not two parts separated out by a strainer. The first episode of the "third part" just came out... and it's such a breath of fresh air. I don't HATE this arc... but it won't be what I remember about Gintama. Not even close.
Sep 2, 2018 5:36 PM
Jul 2018
turtleinshell said:
I've been disappointed by this arc in a few ways. Hear me out though. If the manga had terrible presentation, you'd be disappointed that something with so much potential was delivered in a trash can right? That's what happened here: the delivery was trash. I absolutely love Gintama. I've cried over the characters on many occasions, but this season just wasn't the final arc I'd hoped for.

The main issues with this arc are two fold. First, the sound design was horrendous and they seriously screwed up the animations such that the battles, which dominated this arc, didn't even have much if any impact. Second, Gintama has always been a brilliant blend of fantastic albeit crude comedy that recursively bounced off of a much less prominent but very well done serious and tear jerking side such that you might find yourself crying tears of laughter one moment and tears of sadness after seeing some talking piece of shit dry out or something (just a made up example).The show has, in previous arcs, gotten much more serious and set aside some of the comedy, but the content was generally well executed upon, the production was engaging, and they usually still managed to either have some fun with it or just genuinely evoke feels that far exceeded anything I felt during the second half of silver soul arc. I love the characters, the cast, and I feel something for all of them. I care about the plot.

What I don't care for is delivering it to me compressed to the nth degree. It's extremely rushed; it's nonstop relatively predictable action and events that honestly are for the most part worse than I'd find in many other shounen out there. THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE OF WHAT I'D EXPECT. Previous arcs challenged if not surpassed why I'd seen in many other highly touted shounen arcs. Now, don't get me wrong, there were some parts that were absolutely amazing, some parts that were ingenious, but between those parts I'm staring mediocre production in the face. Its so messed up. They destroyed what could have been.

The Gintama soundtrack is made for a show with a brilliant blend of serious moments and comedy. BUT HOW MANY TIMES HAVE THEY REPLAYED THE EXACT SAME TWO TRACKS THIS ARC OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN??? The arc is so rushed that they didn't even bother varying the soundtrack. It's hideous sound design and gives me a bad taste in my mouth during soundtracks that I adore. I'm happy for the people that managed to enjoy this arc or love it, but sadly this wasn't the Gintama I was looking for. Gintama has always been a blend, and I wanted a blend to close it out: not two parts separated out by a strainer. The first episode of the "third part" just came out... and it's such a breath of fresh air. I don't HATE this arc... but it won't be what I remember about Gintama. Not even close.

Exactly Right ! SS arc isn't supposed to be the final arc of just a series with such a potential. But well ... We can't do anything to it tho ;-;
Sep 3, 2018 3:00 AM

Mar 2015
turtleinshell said:

This is true. After rewatching and rereading the arc, I think that overall, the anime version had quite a few problems concerning directing, soundtrack, animation and production values. It delivered in most of the important points, but the anime also skipped a lot of dialogue that gave more characterization to some of the characters and although some say they had to do it because of pacing, I'm sure there was a better way to do it. So from the execution point, I can agree with you. Although taking into account how little time and resources they had, it could have been much much worse. That being said, I still don't find the plot of the final arc disappointing. There were some things that Sorachi could have done better, but overall it's not a bad arc. I think the manga is the way to go when it comes to this arc, but anime onlys are probably not going to switch at this point. It's a shame that the anime was rushed but that's the whole anime/manga industry for you. The quality suffers for profit.
BliuTigerSep 3, 2018 3:08 AM
Sep 10, 2018 11:49 AM

Sep 2017
BliuBliu said:
turtleinshell said:

This is true. After rewatching and rereading the arc, I think that overall, the anime version had quite a few problems concerning directing, soundtrack, animation and production values. It delivered in most of the important points, but the anime also skipped a lot of dialogue that gave more characterization to some of the characters and although some say they had to do it because of pacing, I'm sure there was a better way to do it. So from the execution point, I can agree with you. Although taking into account how little time and resources they had, it could have been much much worse. That being said, I still don't find the plot of the final arc disappointing. There were some things that Sorachi could have done better, but overall it's not a bad arc. I think the manga is the way to go when it comes to this arc, but anime onlys are probably not going to switch at this point. It's a shame that the anime was rushed but that's the whole anime/manga industry for you. The quality suffers for profit.

i've been reading the manga alongside the anime for this arc, and to be honest the manga is not that better either.. reading it in one go, the manga feels rushed too..i only read until ep6, and anime wise ep 7 and 8 were much better, and things seem far more interesting in this third part..should i have my hopes up for this third part or not?..
Sep 10, 2018 12:52 PM

Mar 2015
Salamak said:

i've been reading the manga alongside the anime for this arc, and to be honest the manga is not that better either.. reading it in one go, the manga feels rushed too..i only read until ep6, and anime wise ep 7 and 8 were much better, and things seem far more interesting in this third part..should i have my hopes up for this third part or not?..

How is the manga rushed? In fact it's the exact opposite. Sorachi has been taking his sweet time even though he should have picked up the pace at some points. The third part is great. The best part of Silver Soul arc IMO.
Sep 10, 2018 1:33 PM

Sep 2017
BliuBliu said:
Salamak said:

How is the manga rushed? In fact it's the exact opposite. Sorachi has been taking his sweet time even though he should have picked up the pace at some points. The third part is great. The best part of Silver Soul arc IMO.
well yeah the first part lasted for about 70 chapters, 595-669 if i'm not wrong, but this second part (in anime) starting when takasugi shows up until it goes back to earth, 3 people died, we got 4 different flashbacks (enshou, matako, takechi, takasugi, though this one was more of internal dialogues ) and we focused on 4 different people , bansai, enshou, nobu nobu, takasugi, there were more obviously but these ones got more focus. we focus in all of these in only 24 chapters, so everything kinda happen too fast..and it was actually somewhat boring at times. but it's been good since 657, (i'm currently at 661) and eventhough 13 chapters is spent on utsuro, it doesn't get boring or slow..episodes 9-10 were great too.
so this, and also the last thing i read was one piece, so maybe i got a bit used to things dragging out for ages. anything less than 100 chapters feels rushed now.
but i'm glad to hear third part will be great, i skimmed the chapter after ep 10, and things are really getting interesting..then again i don't quite understand how all of these can be concluded in only 20 chapters :/ (675-697 or 8).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Oct 7, 2018

142 by MewkiWay »»
Feb 3, 9:03 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Sep 30, 2018

76 by MewkiWay »»
Feb 2, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Aug 26, 2018

94 by MewkiWay »»
Jan 25, 9:20 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Sep 23, 2018

54 by Alex_TheForest »»
Nov 24, 2023 12:53 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Sep 16, 2018

51 by Alex_TheForest »»
Nov 24, 2023 12:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.