Forum Settings
Forums

Account Freeze/Password Reset & Broken Applications

New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
May 27, 2018 3:47 PM

Mar 2015
How much time before I chan change back my passowrd to my old one? (one I've used recently and had to change because of the API email)
May 27, 2018 6:40 PM
Dec 2016
Hmm I never had to change my account pswrd, mebbeh I got hacked already
May 27, 2018 6:54 PM
May 2018
Disgusting DeNa sub humans have locked me out of all my old accounts and disabled API so that people will use their app they are making, how disgusting, should move to another platform
May 27, 2018 7:31 PM
Oct 2015
Lord knows if & when they'll ever bloody finish the iOS version of the app. They have a Beta (as in test the potentially buggy POS that connect to the same database we blocked access to for every other app) for Android but you know what I gave up on that crap platform 4 phone and everyone I wanted to smash with a sledgehammer after wasting money on them. Good thing I back up to Kitsu.
May 27, 2018 8:11 PM

Feb 2016
Oh rip.
Hopefully the 3rd party app will be up and running again
May 27, 2018 8:34 PM
Jul 2017
Hi i need help
May 27, 2018 8:45 PM
Mar 2018
My entire account just got deleted and now i have to start all over again. Somehow changed my username and deleted all my info. Had this account for a long time so im pretty sad.
May 27, 2018 11:31 PM

Nov 2014
I do appreciate websites handling issues like this openly compared to others who have kept issues like this hidden from their users for years. Well done!
May 27, 2018 11:38 PM
Mar 2018
I can't use pocket mal right now
will it be fixed?
May 27, 2018 11:40 PM

Oct 2014
When I got the E-mail, I thought it was a pishing mail so I checked if I could log in and I could login without problem.

I don't use 3rd party apps and had the keep logged in feature on.

So I just resetted my password just in case.

Do I still have to recover my account? I am asking this because you guys didn't mention the keep logged in feature.
May 27, 2018 11:52 PM

Apr 2016
I used the password i got from you to log in and then i changed my password, but when it redirect me to the authentication page and used the new password it said incorrect password..

May 28, 2018 12:04 AM

Nov 2016
Edward Snowden once said that the Japanese are really behind all other developed nations when it comes to cyber security, so I'm not surprised at this....DeNA is probably now putting more work to secure a part of their corporation that should have already been secured
May 28, 2018 12:11 AM
May 2018
whay just happen here after few week i haven't Online in here...?
May 28, 2018 12:44 AM

May 2010
Why am I not surprised?

DeNA already has a very bad reputation to me from their mobile game "Fantasica."

I honestly didn't even know Craveonline was no longer the owner of Myanimelist.

I won't speak too much - as largely i was unaffected, but some of my friends have been affected & are currently unable to access their account.

I'm very disappointed in how this has been handled - as others have pointed out, a forced log-out and password reset with no information of a security breach is unprecedented.

The fact the API is now affecting 3rd party apps is also quite inconvenient, and i hope this all gets addressed very shortly.

DeNA has always prioritised profit over community, and this latest example just further illustrates that.

If anyone does not love the Lord
Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
May 28, 2018 1:24 AM
Jun 2016
Why i cant usw acconut for Pocket MAL Application
May 28, 2018 2:07 AM

Jun 2016
I hope Pocket MAL will be back soon :/
May 28, 2018 2:58 AM
May 2015
So for the banter can someone whip up an I don't feel so good meme for all the third party apps?

Might as well have a laugh whilst we wait for the API to come back online xD
Aug 14, 2018 1:11 AM
Sep 2016
Hi, what about the API development?
Aug 14, 2018 8:07 AM
Aug 2018
what's going to pocket pal apllication
Aug 22, 2018 4:59 AM
May 2016
Firebolt08 said:
what's going to pocket pal apllication

Pocket MAL will (probably) be back when the API (a way for the app to talk with the website) comes back. And when it will, we don’t know. The company behind MyAnimeList does not communicate with users about any expected time needed for them to fix it. Here is the app’s author’s post regarding what is he going to do when the API is back.
Aug 24, 2018 2:54 PM
May 2013
I see.... lol as at moment mal is coming part of whole again, slowly.... I haven’t check pockets myanimelist app yet but do know iMAL has been updated to myanimelist accounts (as developer has managed to do that) but I do hope API get fixed soon.... plus it would be nice, even add 2 way authorise access to make api more secure.

Plz have api back!
Have Great Day =)
Animekid3

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Aug 24, 2018 3:00 PM
May 2013
cinnamoncider said:
Is this has something to do with GDPR? Does MAL's services/API yet to be GDPR-compliant?

I do wonder if it does? As this happens same time when api stop working and mal when down... lol all as one... got me wondering if it is?
Have Great Day =)
Animekid3

Aug 24, 2018 3:03 PM
May 2013
Maffy said:
I am glad we could finally make an announcement! The last couple of days have been worrying to many users, so it's nice to get something out.

To be honest, when I saw the password reset, I thought it wouldn't be a big issue for the users (I was done in 2 minutes). If anything, after a bit of hassle, everything would be back to normal and because of my own mindset, I thought people wouldn't mind all that much. I tend to trust such things on various sites (though this was a bit aggressive...), because most of all, they want their buttocks covered so they wouldn't do anything to rock the boat unnecessarily. I suppose that's way too casual for many people though and probably way too trusting :'D However, I didn't realise how many people had missing/removed/forgotten emails, or problems with the e-mails MAL sent, or problems with MAL itself with "incorrect username/password" notices. I have been checking the threads and I could see how people were losing trust, especially when there was no solid explanation.

Adding the problems with the 3rd party apps on top of that, it only makes sense people would be angry. I've been reading various theories and I realised that couple of them I would have thought myself had I been a casual user, because they made sense (as a moderator, I just trust the system here more so I leave the conspiracy theories aside until solid proof). It honestly is a very sudden change and one that no one appreciates. I will miss my PocketMAL and most of all, I will miss MalGraph (I was working hard on my 2.500 completed manga achievement *sob*). It's a shame everyone was left in the dark, but most of all, the 3rd party developers. If I were them, I'd want to slap someone at least. So they definitely deserve a lot of cookies!

Part of my post is my appreciation for Kineta. For most people that don't know her she may seem like this faceless admin that may not care about the community as much as others and runs the site however she wants. However, she always tries her hardest and the past few days have taken a toll on her because she was really upset and worried. She always tries to help, although she also gets the more hate which is not surprising to anyone, I guess. I just wanted to put that out there, because I saw her frustration with all this stuff.

Now, I also read the posts in this thread and I kind of disagree with some. I am not quoting, because it's a pain to find the posts again, but the one thing that stuck on me was how someone expected the site to sink after MAL was sold to DeNA because it's not the first time an owner sells to a company and the company drives it to dust. Thing is, MAL was already sold to Crave yeaaars before DeNA, which is also a company and one that did almost absolutely nothing for MAL other than fix bugs months later and answer to users with the usual PR nonsense. I think MAL survived then just by the sheer effort of the MAL staff (I came along just one year before DeNA, so I'm not really talking about me, just in case someone thinks I'm boasting :P) who kept the site at a good standard. So, I want to believe that DeNA can't bring MAL down so fast. Despite their lack of touch with the community, I think they have done some interesting stuff to push MAL further along (like the seasonal page. It may seem obvious, but trust me, Crave would have never bothered.), but I also see that MAL's relationship with DeNA is sometimes "1 step forward, 2 steps backwards, 2 steps forward, 1 step backwards" with them. One can only hope that this will be a breaking point for them and things get better!

Of course my post isn't meant to just glorify MAL. Everyone who is fed up with it and/or had found better alternatives, they should do as they please. I just have a soft spot for MAL and I genuinely think it's great and so, I wanted to share my point of view. I only wish for the new API to come ASAP and finally move on to greater things.

PS: Though my plan will always be one; let's buy MAL ourselves, mwahahaha.

I agree too... lol, as I really do love mal ever since I join it, alway there when I need it... =p lol just this is first time I ever seen happen, but a shocker and spooky me very much.... life without mal 🤦🏼‍♂️
Have Great Day =)
Animekid3

Aug 31, 2018 4:00 PM

Nov 2015
I had to reset my account a couple of times.. and chance the email but it works now and on all devices finally the site works too and no bans.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the [urlhttps://theglorioblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/swordart10ass.jpg=]Site & Forum Guidelines[/url].
Sep 6, 2018 9:32 PM
Feb 2014
Wawawah! My account was resetted all info s and list gone... Wahh idk if it was hacked or what.. Plus help. Nooo! MAL!!
Sep 6, 2018 9:40 PM
Feb 2014
I just want my list back
Sep 6, 2018 9:45 PM
Feb 2014
Ramzee said:
I just want my list covers back bro.
and the list itself
Sep 10, 2018 11:18 AM
Sep 2018
I reseted my password, but after an logout I can't login again with that password, and system isn't sending email with an new. Got solution?
Dec 31, 2018 11:25 AM
Jul 2011
Hi Happy new folks! Else, is the API ok now?!
Jan 31, 2019 4:40 AM

Dec 2013
When you gonna restore the API!?!?
May 10, 2019 3:19 AM
May 2019
Any updates on the API?
May 30, 2019 6:14 PM
May 2017
Animes
Jun 20, 2019 9:57 PM
May 2016
Update??????
Jun 27, 2019 11:38 PM

Jan 2017
Rip API, it's been left for dead
Jul 4, 2019 11:58 PM
Jun 2013
So I can log on but no matter how many I finish and Mark complete or add episodes or anything. Stays at 360 completed and all other stats stay frozen
Jul 5, 2019 3:42 PM
Oct 2013
API update pleaseeeee
Aug 23, 2019 11:00 PM
Aug 2019
Just joined before yesterday..... After re-entering the password for sign up was showing error.. gladly it is taking the password 🙂
Oct 25, 2019 11:47 PM
Jan 2011
Very sad of this situatuon. Pocket Mal was the best client for Myanimelist. Now I am forced to use MAL Client which is terrible and full of bugs.
Dec 1, 2019 9:48 PM
Apr 2011
when, when, when, when, when? (just one question)
Update API pleeease
Jan 19, 2020 9:25 AM
Sep 2010
Any updates?
Jan 26, 2020 1:46 PM
Mar 2012
One question. When? When will the new API become available?
Feb 8, 2020 7:10 AM
Feb 2018
Pocket MAL was perfect, sadly MALClient doesn't even come close to it. Here's hope that something is eventually done about this.
May 25, 2020 8:50 AM

Jul 2014
Damn that's crazy, iMal was easily my favorite app on my phone. Made updating my list a cake walk, now the powers that be just left the API for dead smhh
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

207 by Shin_016 »»
10 hours ago

» Try MAL's New Mobile Site! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 15, 2015

423 by RED-clover12 »»
Yesterday, 10:19 AM

» Planned 5hr Maintenance, Thursday April 25 @ 1am-6am PT

Kineta - Apr 22

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 22, 8:10 PM

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

213 by Lancelot73 »»
Apr 21, 4:28 AM

» Heavenly Easter Delusion: Devil and Dolce ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Mar 27

3331 by Terra_strong »»
Apr 17, 8:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.