Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Angels of Death
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2018 1:42 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The more I think about it, the more I think Zack is starting to trust Rachel more.

This series is a damn mind game at this point between the characters and their own personal demons. A fitting title for episode 5 too considering what Zack said at the end. I'm wondering what Cathy's true purpose is in the show.

It felt like she treated the whole situation like a twisted game.
Aug 8, 2018 4:16 AM
Oct 2017
How come the math in this episode was consistently wrong
Aug 8, 2018 5:37 AM

Mar 2008
Damn, they ignited the gas to get out of the one room. Zack had to bury what I'm assuming were his friends? Then Cathy making him remember. She gonna get the scythe. xD
Aug 8, 2018 6:46 AM

Feb 2016
Even tho it feels like nothing happens with each episode, it does happen a lot. Poor Zack being tormented by that Psycho girl.

I second that of Stark, Zack's trust to Rachel is starting to grow more and more.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Aug 8, 2018 9:14 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Vastly disappointing so far, after a decent first episode. Still just about fine, though. It’s getting very repetitive and annoying when the girl wants Zack to kill her and typical convo begins.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 8, 2018 10:06 AM
Apr 2018
Well... My only problem (which is not really a problem, but in some kind of the way I don't like it) is how close are Zack and Rachel starting to be. I mean, in the game you go through all the story and understand what kind of no love but mutual care are between the two character. But in the anime, I'm starting to ship them. Very. Very Hard.
Aug 9, 2018 11:32 AM
Jun 2016
I'm really liking the relationship developement between Zach and Rachel. Even if it remains platonic (which I suspect it will) I'm looking forward to seeing how much they will change each other with their trust. Maybe all they need to appreciate life is someone to share it with...
Aug 9, 2018 3:47 PM

Dec 2016
I love how Zack's crushing backstory is pretty much all based around being called a tool by his caretakers lmaoooooo
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 10, 2018 6:00 AM
Mar 2014
It's all a game to Cathy.
Aug 10, 2018 3:02 PM

Dec 2017
I really can't wait for that woman to die. It has to happen and it has to be Zack's scythe. She is just so incredibly annoying and I really can't stand her voice and her awful high laughing...
Aug 11, 2018 8:18 PM

Jul 2015
Nane13 said:
I really can't wait for that woman to die. It has to happen and it has to be Zack's scythe. She is just so incredibly annoying and I really can't stand her voice and her awful high laughing...

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH BOY DO I LOOK FORWARD TO THAT MY FRIEND. Ever since her first dang laugh I've been wanting her dead, didn't think shed be this irritating though. I hope it's a satisfying end to her.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Aug 12, 2018 2:08 AM

Jun 2013

Just noticed that in the OP Zack’s wanted poster looks more like his sprite in the game. Zack jamming that card key the wrong way gave me anxiety.

There was a little more comedy between Zack and Rachel, especially when Rachel was walking slowly. Nobuhiko Okamoto is doing a great job voicing Zack. It reminds me way so much of Bakugo and like an angry Rin Okumura from Ao no Exorcist.

Imagine how difficult it must’ve been for Zack to solve that puzzle and he couldn’t convey his true feelings to Rachel about how much he struggled with that task. I forgot about that part from the game so this is a good reminder.

That ending where Zack and Rachel had that intimate moment was kind of romantic. I see this as a twisted romance, yes he’s in his 20s and she’s barely 13 but this is Anime and in Japan, they don’t give a fuck.

臭い-
Aug 12, 2018 6:11 AM

Jul 2008
Oh Cathy is one dead woman.
Aug 13, 2018 5:27 PM

Mar 2016
I dont know about you guys but i personally hate this girl... Like i know she is supposed to act cold and stuff but she is not interesting at all she is just there for no reason

Aug 23, 2018 12:16 PM

Jan 2017
Rachel is totally using Zack
Aug 26, 2018 4:09 PM

May 2015
"It's up there, but I don't think you can reach..."
"You can move now right?"
"Yes..."
"Then get your ass up there!" Ayyy!

Uhh...was Zack putting the card key into the slot the wrong way? Lel...

Ok, Zack walking past the hallway and then immediately walking back with the music cue was freaky...

What the hell...was this in the game?

Damn, these interactions between Cathy and Zack...Zack is pissed...

A Zack-centric episode. Zack is cool...crazy but cool...As much as he hates Rachel for her having to use him so that he can get out, Zack does realize that he needs her so that he can get out. I really wonder what will happen in the end...
Aug 29, 2018 9:39 AM

Jan 2015
Nice episode, but it becomes indeed repetitive, I enjoy the whole atmosphere and the psychology. I'm curious what will happen.
Aug 31, 2018 1:01 PM
Jul 2018
Tarotist said:

What the hell...was this in the game?

Sep 12, 2018 8:49 AM

Dec 2014
The episodes keep on getting good.. I am like why haven’t I played the game yet.. hahahah
Sep 30, 2018 5:23 PM

Mar 2016
Noone is talking about the hilarious walk faster scene though hahahahahaha

Oct 8, 2018 10:50 PM
Sep 2010
The doll house scene is definitely an interesting take on how the anime chose to explain Zack's childhood. I guess it's more interesting than simply explaining it through text and a flashback like the game

sadly... I feel like this has been the only case where the anime feels a good as the game... The other episodes all felt inferior to the game but I feel like that was cuz they were doing it scene by scene like the game, but without all the important minor details that really got you thinking. really... i think if only they approached this project like an anime instead of a game adaptation, it would be a lot better...
Oct 26, 2018 1:38 PM
Jun 2017
The series is seriously getting more intense by the episode! Definitely my favourite episode by far out of the first five episodes I've seen! Zack's past was pretty cold and I'm starting to feel sorry for him! :c
It's nice to see Rachel's and Zack's relationship developing more and Zack starting to build more trust with Rachel! The ending definitely showed it!
Great episode! <3
Nov 1, 2018 7:44 PM

May 2013
Poor Zack :'( the dollhouse test was messing with him emotionally. I wonder what happened to that man and woman in the end. Kinda want more in-depth backstory. Doesn't seem like it's intensely tragic enough for Zack's bg story
Nov 5, 2018 7:12 AM

May 2012
Quite the dark backstory, but well I did find this episode very interesting! Really looking forwards to see what's next.
Nov 7, 2018 8:42 AM
Feb 2018
Best episode yet. Cathy toying with Zacks past, their teamwork is growing and Zack is beginning to trust Rachel. Though, Rachel is getting pretty repetitive with, "I want you to kill me".
Nov 24, 2018 1:55 PM
Nov 2018
This ending is beyond ridiculous
Nov 24, 2018 2:00 PM
Nov 2018
vaia said:
The doll house scene is definitely an interesting take on how the anime chose to explain Zack's childhood. I guess it's more interesting than simply explaining it through text and a flashback like the game

sadly... I feel like this has been the only case where the anime feels a good as the game... The other episodes all felt inferior to the game but I feel like that was cuz they were doing it scene by scene like the game, but without all the important minor details that really got you thinking. really... i think if only they approached this project like an anime instead of a game adaptation, it would be a lot better...

Tha game is vastly superior as you say but i'm liking this adaptation.
Nov 24, 2018 2:01 PM

Mar 2018
the show belongs to the trash where it should
Jul 5, 2019 9:45 AM

May 2016
I don't even know how she solved that math problem after just a few seconds of looking at it but the real challenge was convincing Isaac to not wreck the house before he completed the puzzle because Cathy really knows how to push on the poor man's buttons. They succeeded anyway and Ray even managed to convince her reluctant drug-addled friend to not kill her on the spot by saying the opposite of everything he kept hearing and hated so much. Their friendship's cute, albeit based on the whole "lemme die pls" idea.

He can't read, tell what's left and right, and he can't even insert a card key the right way in. He really shouldn't let the loli die since he's hopeless kek

Apr 4, 2020 4:50 AM

Jul 2016
TheFreycook said:
I love how Zack's crushing backstory is pretty much all based around being called a tool by his caretakers lmaoooooo

Oh woe is me right. what a shitfuck.,
Aug 17, 2020 3:52 PM
Jun 2013
guess we getting more a more of zacks backstory. Though I dont sympathize with him since well hes still a serial killer that kills innocent people.
Oct 18, 2020 6:08 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
I wonder what kinda of bond those 2 have at the end.
Otherwise I do not understand her obsession by getting killed by him.

Also I really want to know what his background story is. Looks his childhood was kinda a mess oO

Feb 7, 2021 11:08 AM
Jan 2021
ngl i dont like how both rachel and zack have such strong plot armor lol ik it's anime and it's not supposed to be realistic but thats just doing too much-
Jun 11, 2021 8:07 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
A nice episode for backstory and the word/math problems solving.
Nov 15, 2021 1:08 PM

Dec 2019
Cathy is hot, but she's my least favourite villain so far tbh, hurry up and kill her off.
Jul 14, 2022 7:23 AM

Jan 2020
I'm guessing Rachel has the walkthrough in her back pocket. She just solves shit with zero anticipation or consideration.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Oct 31, 2022 10:47 PM
Sep 2020
Woah we finally get to see some of Zack's backstory?!!

I'm guessing he witnessed the woman killing the man or the other way around from the window, because that's what that sequence looked like. No wonder he is the way he is, I hope Rachel can help to heal his past trauma (,,>﹏<,,)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Satsuriku no Tenshi Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2018

166 by Nelelelen »»
Apr 7, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Satsuriku no Tenshi Episode 1 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 8, 2018

36 by Elise_Eleanor237 »»
Mar 22, 6:09 PM

Poll: » Satsuriku no Tenshi Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2018

69 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Nov 2, 2023 9:09 AM

» Is it good or bad?

egosumjohn - Jul 31, 2023

30 by IkaruFox »»
Sep 16, 2023 12:31 PM

Poll: » Satsuriku no Tenshi Episode 4 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 9, 2018

25 by Waifuspls547 »»
Sep 8, 2023 9:22 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.