Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 8, 2018 2:03 AM

Feb 2018
I mean I watched the first few episodes and this just feels like a poor mans overlord and the overlord anime is already not that great... So did I miss some great characters or an amazing story in betweeen the Gigant jiggeling breasts or what is happening?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 8, 2018 2:12 AM

Jan 2018
Maybe because it has good mc than most of the harem anime out there.
Aug 8, 2018 2:19 AM

Aug 2015
I have been also thinking about the same thing since it first started airing last month and i really don't know why? nothing in this anime seems interesting or groundbreaking so far and most of it's concept and story are so common which you can find in many other isekai fantasy series and Yet, it's equally as or more popular then Overlord 3 and other great anime of this season

Maybe it has something to do with ecchi and all the boob and panty shots?
Aug 8, 2018 2:21 AM

Dec 2015
Well ... at lest the other show Valkyria-something ... has a low score.
I dropped both but found the other one a lot worse.

Here at least the main char seemed okay. But since ... too much heat and still a lot of other better shows to watch ... I early dropped here.
Aug 8, 2018 5:08 AM

Jun 2014
The forums just came back but it didn't take too long for a thread like this to pop up.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 8, 2018 5:17 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Cause the characters are actually likable, there's decent animation, the tropes are executed well.
Aug 8, 2018 5:24 AM
Jan 2016
Probably because many people like it. Simple, really.
Aug 8, 2018 5:25 AM

Aug 2017
DAE i dont like it = no one should like it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2018 5:26 AM

Feb 2018
degenerate said:

I am simply confused because it's a isekai ecchi harem show these three genres usually get very low ratings on mal and this show combined them all
Aug 8, 2018 6:14 AM

Oct 2015
xShinigami3125 said:
degenerate said:

I am simply confused because it's a isekai ecchi harem show these three genres usually get very low ratings on mal and this show combined them all
But that doesn't mean it would lead to an advent, nonetheless, I'm just enjoying this for what it is, doesn't feel ambitious or anything like Overlord. I'm a sucker for light-hearted stuff anyway. Plus, 7.4 isn't exactly high.

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

Aug 8, 2018 6:14 AM

Apr 2015
xShinigami3125 said:

Which is retarded in its own right.
The show does well what it set out to do and due to that it gets a high rating.

Not like those are to be taken seriously anyway.
Aug 8, 2018 6:16 AM

Apr 2016
Because, i will be damned for saying this ... this is actually first good Isekai in like last 20 years.
Aug 8, 2018 6:19 AM

Oct 2015
Swagernator said:
Because, i will be damned for saying this ... this is actually first good Isekai in like last 20 years.
Now that's a bewildering statement if I've ever seen one.

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

Aug 8, 2018 6:20 AM
Aug 2017
We came for ecchi fan service and we received ecchi fan service.
Idk what you can’t understand.
Aug 8, 2018 6:22 AM

Apr 2013
Probably because overpowered badass protagonist, busty lewd elf and cute animal-eared loli.
Aug 8, 2018 8:55 AM

May 2013
Cause at first it looks like your usual harem isekai but it's actually like Overlord with a hint of Konosuba. The fights and animation are intense while still having the usual dose of ecchi.
Aug 8, 2018 12:52 PM

Sep 2014
MC is pretty funny and likeable, also OPPAI, nothing against Rem here
Aug 8, 2018 12:58 PM

Feb 2015
I just want moar fanservice. I couldn't care less about the plot to be honest. Probably why everyone likes this?

Aug 8, 2018 12:58 PM
May 2009
The main characters is actually pretty hot.
Aug 8, 2018 12:59 PM

Jan 2013
Because its better than Overshit
Aug 8, 2018 8:02 PM

May 2012
Because it's fun? The OP MC is likable and fun and so are the other main girls.

xShinigami3125 said:
degenerate said:

Going by the fact that you already dropped the anime and gave it a score of 1 i would say that you simply made this thread because you can't accept that other people like this anime. I'm imagining here that your fingers were itching very hard to type this while the forum was offline and as soon it came back you HAD to come and make this thread no matter what.

Can't you just accept some animes are not for you and that's why you don't like them? It seems you don't like ecchi so of course you wouldn't like this one.
KaeUBWAug 8, 2018 8:05 PM
I despise woke people.
Aug 8, 2018 8:10 PM

Nov 2016
Its one of the better Isekai in recent times doing every cliche in the Isekai Rulebook while making fun of itself while making those cliches. The MC is really good and Actually has a personality unlike everyother Protagonist in the genre that are Blank slates and Self inserts. The Animation is pretty and the Plot of the Show itself isn't boring like most shows in its genre. Its more of a Very good show in its genre, Which isn't that hard for an Isekai, than a very good anime overall. If Someone wanted to get into iekai I would recommend this or Netjuu (Probably Netjuu over this but this would be a good close second)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2018 8:30 PM

Apr 2015
Because people cant get enough of wish fulfillment anime?

If that makes them happy then so be it. I still think that this show is just the same BS isekai-harem with a [self insert mc] who's a complete mary Sue and a boring & obvious story that brings the same old plot progression, development, RPG elements/mechanism and other nonsense stuff that we already know from many other hundreds of isekai shows that we keep getting almost every year.
ElliestyAug 10, 2018 7:54 AM
Aug 8, 2018 8:35 PM

Mar 2015
Whilst the story isn't particularly amazing, everything else is pretty good. The manga is deadshit boring though.
Aug 9, 2018 2:53 AM

Mar 2014
Because when people can't handle the world building and lack of MC fights for Overlord this season, they turn to anime for more action from a OP Protagonist, mindless fan service .-.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Aug 10, 2018 4:17 AM

Mar 2009
Because it's Isekai show #572. And all Isekai shows are highly rated and insanely popular, for some reason or another.
Aug 10, 2018 5:04 AM

Feb 2018
Mormegil said:
Because it's Isekai show #572. And all Isekai shows are highly rated and insanely popular, for some reason or another.

All isekai shows are very popular but most of them get a lot of hate and have a pretty low rating unlike this one
Aug 10, 2018 6:21 AM
Jun 2012
It has a 7.46 right now which isn't that high. Higher then most others in the genre but nothing that great.

I watched 7 episodes of Overlord and dropped it. I've watched 6 episodes so far of this and can't wait for more.
Aug 10, 2018 6:35 AM

Aug 2016
I'm not sure if 7.46 qualifies as a high score, but I dropped this show somewhat recently at episode 2 and I still barely remember what it was like, aside from the MC.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Aug 10, 2018 7:26 AM

May 2012
maybe because the show is very entertaining ?! Hot girls + good fanservice + overpowered character = enjoyment.

FOr people enjoy this show, I recommend also watching Hyakuren no Haou to Seiyaku no Valkyria. No idea why this one rated so low
Aug 10, 2018 7:28 AM

Nov 2013
I like it so far, I feel like this show is the best an isekai harem anime can get. Likable characters, the fights have been epic (so far), good quality fan service and the MC isn’t afraid to make a move on the girls... The rating should actually be higher to set this show apart from the actual trash isekai like Smartphone or Valkyria that bring nothing new or interesting to the table.

It’s also way better than Overlord, no one wants to see a skeleton main character, it’s stupid and the writing is garbage, the girls aren’t even attractive. There’s literally nothing positive about Overlord that I can find.
Aug 10, 2018 8:16 AM

Mar 2012
The show clearly knows what it is and its audience well. Is it deep and thoughtful? Heck no, will it win any awards? not likely.
It does the isekai fantasy well, and unlike Overlord which tries a bit to hard sometimes and takes it self more seriously with its slower pacing and world building, the series is clearly meant to be pure-ecchi fun which it delivers.
Aug 10, 2018 10:46 AM
Jul 2013
xShinigami3125 said:
I mean I watched the first few episodes and this just feels like a poor mans overlord and the overlord anime is already not that great... So did I miss some great characters or an amazing story in betweeen the Gigant jiggeling breasts or what is happening?
u missed everything when you saw the tits
this show is pretty good with good plot and good characters and this is coming from someone who only watches isekai beacuse of "plot" and keeps cursing the writers for using generic overused forced cliches and shoving forcibly every thing questionnaires has shown audience to like and making the characters act in incomprehensible ways
unlike this one which has reasonable plot and best part characters that feel real
its a shame that some people disregard a show as soon as they see some fan service i mean i watch a lot of those and i would never argue that i wached shows like masou gakuen hxh and shinmai maou for anything other than i watch hentai for but that doesnt mean that shows like high school dxd dont have good plots
the fact that you mentioned overlord here is prove that u dont know what you are talking about as this has nothing to do with that it proves that you dont understand the show (overlord) and that as soon as you some fan service you disregard the show
here diablo tries to save people and only acts like a demon lord as to hide his true personality which is weak and cant really take this kind of pressure
in overlord you see the rise of the demon lord who will one day terrorize the world while he is trying to take care of his commanders and they remind him of his former comrades you see the meaning of someone being trapped in a game (and im not talking about he he was transported) and how foe some games are more important than real life
ainz acts like a father to those in Nazarick and he keeps up his persona of wise ruler so he can meet their expectations
whereas diablo does it to hide his own weakness
of course people who get caught up in a little libido scene in the first 3 mins wont be able to understand this
anyone comparing overlord to this doesnt really know what he is talking about
Aug 10, 2018 11:02 AM

Feb 2018
mohammadabd said:
xShinigami3125 said:
this show is pretty good with good plot and good characters and this is coming from someone who only watches isekai beacuse of "plot" and keeps cursing the writers for using generic overused forced cliches and shoving forcibly every thing questionnaires has shown audience to like and making the characters act in incomprehensible ways
unlike this one which has reasonable plot and best part characters that feel real
its a shame that some people disregard a show as soon as they see some fan service i mean i watch a lot of those and i would never argue that i wached shows like masou gakuen hxh and shinmai maou for anything other than i watch hentai for but that doesnt mean that shows like high school dxd dont have good plots
the fact that you mentioned overlord here is prove that u dont know what you are talking about as this has nothing to do with that it proves that you dont understand the show (overlord) and that as soon as you some fan service you disregard the show
here diablo tries to save people and only acts like a demon lord as to hide his true personality which is weak and cant really take this kind of pressure
in overlord you see the rise of the demon lord who will one day terrorize the world while he is trying to take care of his commanders and they remind him of his former comrades you see the meaning of someone being trapped in a game (and im not talking about he he was transported) and how foe some games are more important than real life
ainz acts like a father to those in Nazarick and he keeps up his persona of wise ruler so he can meet their expectations
of course people who get caught up in a little libido scene in the first 3 mins wont be able to understand this

Ofc the show isn't litherally like overlord but similar in the sense that the mc is an op guy transported to a fantasy world playing a character to hide his true self and I didn't just disregard the show once I saw some fanservice I watched the first 5 episodes and saw nothing of these amazing things you just mentioned maybe I am just blind.
Aug 10, 2018 11:27 AM
Jul 2013
xShinigami3125 said:
mohammadabd said:

Ofc the show isn't litherally like overlord but similar in the sense that the mc is an op guy transported to a fantasy world playing a character to hide his true self and I didn't just disregard the show once I saw some fanservice I watched the first 5 episodes and saw nothing of these amazing things you just mentioned maybe I am just blind.
so its an op character transported to another world i wonder where i saw that before ? maybe 50% on animes in the last 3 years also i didnt say any amazing things about isekai maou beacuse it isnt amazing i said good story and good characters which are way better than many shows which have way higher ratings last but not least there's 0 resemblance between this and overlord what i talked about wasnt some minor details or anything like that i talked about big bold points and to say this resembles overlord is idiotic as they only share isekai
Aug 10, 2018 11:28 AM

Dec 2016
Because people find it entertaining I guess. As trashy as a show may be, people will still rate it highly if they enjoy it.
Aug 10, 2018 12:16 PM

Feb 2018
mohammadabd said:
xShinigami3125 said:

so its an op character transported to another world i wonder where i saw that before ? maybe 50% on animes in the last 3 years also i didnt say any amazing things about isekai maou beacuse it isnt amazing i said good story and good characters which are way better than many shows which have way higher ratings last but not least there's 0 resemblance between this and overlord what i talked about wasnt some minor details or anything like that i talked about big bold points and to say this resembles overlord is idiotic as they only share isekai

I just told you in which way overlord is similar to this ( the op mc playing a character to hide his true identity while also being a isekai show) u totally ignored the first part. And stop focusing on the way I word stuff it was pretty obvious what I meant. Would you mind providing examples for the good story and good characters. There must certainly be specific moments or even episodes that you can point to for me to rewatch so I can witness said good story and good characters.
Aug 10, 2018 12:17 PM

Feb 2018
ChrisTheWeeb said:
Because people find it entertaining I guess. As trashy as a show may be, people will still rate it highly if they enjoy it.

That much is obvious I only made this thread cuz usually similar shows get awful reviews and a shit lot of bashing that's why I wanted to know why this show is treated so differently.
Aug 10, 2018 12:28 PM

Dec 2016
xShinigami3125 said:
That much is obvious I only made this thread cuz usually similar shows get awful reviews and a shit lot of bashing that's why I wanted to know why this show is treated so differently.

Lol sorry, I was just sharing my thoughts.
Aug 10, 2018 12:31 PM

Feb 2018
ChrisTheWeeb said:
xShinigami3125 said:

Lol sorry, I was just sharing my thoughts.

No need to apologize I just wanted to clarify my intentions because many people seem to have misunderstood them.
Aug 10, 2018 4:26 PM

Aug 2017
Same.

This is one the worst anime from the season along Island while good shows like Satsuriku no Tenshi doesn't have a decent score.
NurguburuAug 10, 2018 4:31 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 10, 2018 8:55 PM

Oct 2009
Love this show, so don't get why this thread was needed in the first place. Watch something else and let us enjoy this anime.
Aug 10, 2018 10:21 PM

Dec 2017
cause the mc is a pervert and beta males think being pervert in harem = god, while in reality tyler1 = god

and the fact its good and that they like it
Yeah right there is no way a doujin about vomit exists.
Good song https://soundcloud.com/yeungkakit33/op4-hekireki-last-alliance
Tsumino account is BigMaraIppo
Another Good Song Listen to γƒ†γ‚Ήγƒˆ by mukami #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/mukami/77a
Ashita no Joe and Megalo box are disappointing anime.
My reviews:https://myanimelist.net/profile/Botan-Chan45/reviews
Best Naruto Op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCNZxOBVWM&list=RDByCNZxOBVWM&index=1
discord name: Chitoge Kirisaki#9564
https://discord.gg/nGKu6zx my discord server for plebs
Aug 10, 2018 11:35 PM
Jun 2014
Because compared to the Isekai we've gotten in the past couple of seasons (Smartphone/death march) the show is relatively good.

The recent wave of isekai has been garbage, so it's kinda exceeding expectations.
Aug 11, 2018 1:02 AM

Feb 2018
OukaSS said:
I saw your favourites, most of them are shounen stuffs. Anime is wide in genre and taste so not all of them are awesome and cool like the ones you watched. I'm tired of people like you whom "Why this show have high rating? Why this show doesn't get a score under 5 but 8? Why this, why that..."

And like I already clarified I didn't make this thread to "demand" this show getring a lower rating simply because I don't like it I was simply curious what about this show is different from all the other isekai shows. Cuz it's being treated very differently by the community.
Aug 11, 2018 12:48 PM
Jul 2013
xShinigami3125 said:
mohammadabd said:

I just told you in which way overlord is similar to this ( the op mc playing a character to hide his true identity while also being a isekai show) u totally ignored the first part. And stop focusing on the way I word stuff it was pretty obvious what I meant. Would you mind providing examples for the good story and good characters. There must certainly be specific moments or even episodes that you can point to for me to rewatch so I can witness said good story and good characters.
and i told u that an op main charaacter isekai shows are done to death and all of them are weak in this world but try to appear stronger in the other and that is just part of the initial premise not enough to say they are similar i dont remember i focused on the way u said things i said it had good story u then said i said its "awesome" and i said i didn't take it that far last but not least if u ask someone to point out one instance to see where good plot or characters are you are an idiot as those things are the results of accumulations through out the series even the greatest plot moments in history cant be pointed out without knowing context and even with context unless its truly great u cant point it out but u enjoy it as a whole sure u can point out great scenes like "susume" form AOT but things of lower quality cant have the same done to them but if i were to point something it would be white nova or the way he fucked the fallen more to the point u said u only watched 5 episodes meaning you only watched the begining of the story meaning you are still in the world building and introductions and theres no way u can find anything epic here as it cant have context as you dont know as the whole series has little context imagine if rayleigh came in episode 5 u couldnt have comprehended how awesome that man is of course there are exceptions as AOT when it has something fundamentally terrifying or Death Note when its based in a world like ours with a little difference or even NGNL where the rules are clear from min 1 but for something like this where there isnt one big point it can make twists and turns to create something epic on you cant expect more with this much context
Aug 11, 2018 12:59 PM

Feb 2018
mohammadabd said:
xShinigami3125 said:

and i told u that an op main charaacter isekai shows are done to death and all of them are weak in this world but try to appear stronger in the other and that is just part of the initial premise not enough to say they are similar i dont remember i focused on the way u said things i said it had good story u then said i said its "awesome" and i said i didn't take it that far last but not least if u ask someone to point out one instance to see where good plot or characters are you are an idiot as those things are the results of accumulations through out the series even the greatest plot moments in history cant be pointed out without knowing context and even with context unless its truly great u cant point it out but u enjoy it as a whole sure u can point out great scenes like "susume" form AOT but things of lower quality cant have the same done to them but if i were to point something it would be white nova or the way he fucked the fallen more to the point u said u only watched 5 episodes meaning you only watched the begining of the story meaning you are still in the world building and introductions and theres no way u can find anything epic here as it cant have context as you dont know as the whole series has little context imagine if rayleigh came in episode 5 u couldnt have comprehended how awesome that man is of course there are exceptions as AOT when it has something fundamentally terrifying or Death Note when its based in a world like ours with a little difference or even NGNL where the rules are clear from min 1 but for something like this where there isnt one big point it can make twists and turns to create something epic on you cant expect more with this much context

So in short to be able to grasp the good things about the show I would have to continue watching it ? Also i wanted you to point to secenes/episodes with good character moments or a good story that is certainly possible unless there just haven't been many up until now. Btw there was no need to call me an idiot. Whatever I just wanted to understand when exactly makes this show different but if you can't or aren't willing to provide examples for me to watch/rewatch then this conversation is pointless.
Aug 12, 2018 6:09 PM

Apr 2012
idk if it belongs to the "Isekai" Shows too, but better rated is Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari and the anime was really good.
Aug 13, 2018 12:12 AM
Jan 2015
Surprised with how much I'm enjoying this tbh, the characters are likable and overall it feels like a lighter version of overlord, but with better animation and no bad CG.
My Queens

Aug 13, 2018 2:13 AM

Jul 2009
I honestly don't think this show feels any different than your run-of-the-mill isekai anime, but it's not a chore to watch unlike others in the genre so I understand where the score's coming from.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu Episode 2 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 8, 2018

37 by WeAreBlank20 »»
Apr 7, 4:21 PM

Poll: » Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu Episode 1 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 8, 2018

36 by WeAreBlank20 »»
Apr 7, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu Episode 3 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 9, 2018

25 by CL12W »»
Mar 23, 5:02 PM

Poll: » Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2018

206 by razisgosu »»
Jan 3, 11:40 PM

Poll: » Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2018

122 by razisgosu »»
Jan 3, 11:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.