Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Angels of Death
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 10, 2018 5:45 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Jesus Christ, so much teasing with death. I almost thought that Zack would actually kill Rachel for a minute this episode.

I was not expecting for her to hold Cathy at gunpoint though.
On the other hand, the fight between Cathy and Zack ended in the way I had expected. Cathy honestly got what she deserved imo.

This series really means it when Zack is the only one allowed to kill her.
Stark700Aug 10, 2018 6:26 AM
Aug 10, 2018 6:31 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
So that was what happened in Zack's past that got him locked in the maze. But to think that those injections caused this turn of events though. But the killing game though sure was something. Tense but also providing some insight into Rachel's bond with Zack. But its good that they managed to outsmart Catherine. Still that really was a lot of teasing on Catherine's part before her demise. They really are hammering in the fact that Zack is the only one that can kill Rachel though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 10, 2018 7:06 AM

Jun 2016
Next episode is where things get serious. All the episodes from now on will be incredible if they adapt the source well.

Aug 10, 2018 8:14 AM

Mar 2016
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Jesus Christ, so much teasing with death. I almost thought that Zack would actually kill Rachel for a minute this episode.

I was not expecting for her to hold Cathy at gunpoint though.
On the other hand, the fight between Cathy and Zack ended in the way I had expected. Cathy honestly got what she deserved imo.

This series really means it when Zack is the only one allowed to kill her.

"Bang."

Enough said, and I love it!
Aug 10, 2018 8:18 AM

Jan 2018
The flashback with Rachel standing in the doorway was the murderer zack?
Only zack can kill Rachel he wouldn't kill her unless she smiles no one is going to get in between them before that
Aug 10, 2018 8:34 AM
Feb 2017
I knew it. Even though I have never played or seen the Angels of Death game, I knew there would be more to it. I can understand if people are feeling bored with this anime. That is to be expected. A lot of the game would have you running around trying to figure out puzzles and stuff anyway. It would be hard to fill in the gaps in anime. But these RPG Maker games always tend to present us some unexpectedly amazing stories by the end of it all. It's already starting to look interesting. And from experience, I can only imagine things getting a whole lot more interesting. ^_^
Aug 10, 2018 8:53 AM
Sep 2016
Zack my hero 😘😘
Aug 10, 2018 8:55 AM

Mar 2016
Eugenefindit said:
I knew it. Even though I have never played or seen the Angels of Death game, I knew there would be more to it. I can understand if people are feeling bored with this anime. That is to be expected. A lot of the game would have you running around trying to figure out puzzles and stuff anyway. It would be hard to fill in the gaps in anime. But these RPG Maker games always tend to present us some unexpectedly amazing stories by the end of it all. It's already starting to look interesting. And from experience, I can only imagine things getting a whole lot more interesting. ^_^

I'm with you on this. It's understandable why this series may not be many people's cup of tea.
Aug 10, 2018 9:02 AM

Mar 2016
I kind of wanted Rachel to shoot the woman in her neck, but I am still satisfied. Isaac's laughter was so satisfying!!
Aug 10, 2018 9:04 AM

Feb 2016
Wow wow what a great episode!

So that was Zack's past, he was being used... but not anymore!

Eugenefindit said:

This ^^^^

I do know tho, why most game adaptations don't do well, sometimes they just don't know how to fill the gaps where the game is playable so they just rush things which ends up sacrificing development and dialogues that were really important in-game. I really liked this episode, Zack and Rachel's chemistry is really good.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Aug 10, 2018 9:47 AM

Jan 2017
Omfdgkgkgkddkjccjcvsksk...
Why is Rachel the sinner, this ambiguity towards the characters has left me so fixated on I wing more; some people hated the depth given to the characters -but honestly, it's really working for them.
Can't wait for next week 'cause it was surprising to see Zack last so long with that wound of his... That couldn't have been the end of him.
Aug 10, 2018 11:08 AM

Jun 2014
Zack really needs to calm down with the screeching.

It was very satisfying to see Rachel and Zack destroy that crazy bitch, let's see where the story goes from here (especially with that ending).
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 10, 2018 1:02 PM

Jan 2018
Seeing Rachel shoot Cathy was definitely one of the most satisfying moments of this show so far. The story seems to be getting more interesting too so I'm excited to see where this goes.
Aug 10, 2018 2:51 PM
May 2018
This is just getting better and better, although it started a little slow, these last chapters have been very well adapted from the game and the best part it's coming in the next episodes, can't wait to see them!
Aug 10, 2018 3:13 PM

May 2018
Zack got shot , slice open his stomach and yet he's still alive???????Well RIP to Cathy. On to the next killer.
Aug 10, 2018 3:55 PM

Jun 2009
Rachel shot Cathy and it was amazing! <3 But yeah, where did she get that gun from and why she's here? Flashback only showed some man killing someone, so his is just a wild guess but maybe he was Ray's dad (or stepfather, or a legal guardian) who killed her mom and then got killed by Ray? And is Rachel even her true name? I'm just not sure how to interpret that scene where she opens the door with Zack's name and throws away her own.
Aug 10, 2018 5:00 PM

Dec 2017
so far the plot is still a mess with these 'meaningful' flashbacks and references. welp, at least the music is really good, especially zack's breakdown
Aug 10, 2018 6:17 PM

Mar 2018
That was my best episode so far, in my opinion. The ‘BANG!’ and Zack’s smile at the end were my favorite things in this series.
Also, if anyone’s interested, there’s a /r/satsuriku_no_tenshi subreddit and a discord server connected to it, so feel free to join.
Aug 10, 2018 6:21 PM

Nov 2016
The laughs in this show are so crazy.

Ok episode,I want to see Zack rehabilitate.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 10, 2018 6:53 PM

Oct 2015
I wonder how will Rachel save Zack in the next ep, man I can't wait for the next ep
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Aug 10, 2018 7:33 PM

Jan 2015
I’m mostly enjoying this series... Especially the ED, which I just cannot get enough of. But, the previous episode rose my first ever criticism of the show. That being; It didn’t really make sense to me that Cathy had set up such an elaborate puzzle for both Zack and Rachel to figure out, that seemed to cut him very closely to the mark of his past, in as little time as they had been on her specific floor. Unless she somehow knew ahead of time that Zack would eventually be led there, or there is some grand puppet master overseeing all of this, who orchestrated it to work out that way, it seemingly couldn’t have been anyone’s foregone conclusion that Zack and Rachel would team up together, and traverse all of the floors, as they’ve been doing.

My other gripe is the laughter... It is brutally annoying, to me. It is so forced, and doesn’t half leave me suspecting that the seiyuu for both Cathy and Zack probably cornered the market on throat lozenges.
sXebluesAug 10, 2018 7:38 PM
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Aug 10, 2018 8:11 PM
Jun 2016
I continue to be impressed with this show. I know that some viewers get bored with the show due to the escape game setting, but I for one like to see how the different triggers apply to the character's pasts. It was so satisfying to see Cathy get shot, especially by our Creepy® Rachel! You slay, gurl! And after getting glimpses of Rachel's past, I'm dying (figuratively) to get the full story, especially for the reason why she would be the sinner even compared with Zach...
Aug 10, 2018 9:00 PM

Dec 2012
PerlaNemesis said:
Rachel shot Cathy and it was amazing! <3 But yeah, where did she get that gun from and why she's here? Flashback only showed some man killing someone, so his is just a wild guess but maybe he was Ray's dad (or stepfather, or a legal guardian) who killed her mom and then got killed by Ray? And is Rachel even her true name? I'm just not sure how to interpret that scene where she opens the door with Zack's name and throws away her own.

She threw her name because she considers herself a sinner.
Aug 10, 2018 9:15 PM

Dec 2016
i dont know who has the worst laugh but i think its the woman
Aug 10, 2018 9:35 PM

Jan 2013
Finally, the crazy laughing b*** is gone xD
Rachel considers herself a sinner, that's why she didn't put her name...i wonder what she really did to end up there.

It was expected that something like this would happen, i think she will have to use her "ability" to save him, even though that we don't know how it works but i may guess that it's the only way to save him.

Just noticed that this anime has 16 episodes confirmed, we still have so much that we don't know.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 11, 2018 12:27 AM

Jul 2016
I'm happy that they are slowly showing us the backstory of the main characters but without ruining the fun and action.

And on another note; thank God Catherine is finally dead! I can't stand that sadistic b!#*h any more

Also I love the fact that almost everyone ship Isaac with Rachel and everyone is ashamed of it
Aug 11, 2018 2:43 AM

Feb 2014
I still don't know why I'm watching this show.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Aug 11, 2018 3:36 AM

Aug 2017
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
Zack got shot , slice open his stomach and yet he's still alive???????Well RIP to Cathy. On to the next killer.

idk what to say at the end, in the elevator he was kind of dead... :-?
Aug 11, 2018 4:18 AM

Nov 2009
I hope Zack gets saved somehow, if he dies it's half the enjoyment of the show gone in one sweep, and we still have like 10 episodes to go. Btw, why does he wear bandages, are his face and arms burnt or something? Hopefully it's answered somewhere along the way.

Rachel is intriguing enough (that obsession with religion and being a sinner has to come from somewhere), but she really shines the brightest when she's with Zack who's her opposite.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Aug 11, 2018 6:48 AM

Nov 2014
So glad they added Zack's smile from the manga at the end.
Also the adaption at the bang scene is pretty faithful. Not bad.
DubstepAndTrap said:
JiangHaoyi1979 said:

idk what to say at the end, in the elevator he was kind of dead... :-?

Obviously they didn't watch til the end
Aug 11, 2018 6:53 AM

Aug 2017
ttcchen said:

Obviously they didn't watch til the end

ALWAYS watch till the end (like the last scene was like 1 minute long or so)
Aug 11, 2018 7:09 AM

Oct 2008
Aaannndd the sadomasochistic bitch is DOWN!
Okamoto Nobuhiko really fits any crazyass characters!
3/5.

Aug 11, 2018 9:09 AM
May 2016
So far characters feel unreal.
Zacc was used, so he decided to kill his foster parents. You need to have a fucked up mentality to come up with such a decision.
I also feel like Rachel's a cyborg.
The side characters are even worse. They are even edgier than the protagonists. They have nothing in their characteristics other than a sense of madness.
The lack of dialogue makes the character dynamics feel very fake.
No idea how this is the most watched anime of the season.
Aug 11, 2018 4:23 PM

Aug 2012
I'm so confused all the time because of those not really helpfull clues that they give about Rachel, but still enjoy this anime deeply.
Aug 11, 2018 11:06 PM

Oct 2017
is this whole "zack is the only one who can kill me" thing a metaphor for "zack is the only one who can take out my virginity"?
Aug 12, 2018 2:09 AM

Jun 2013

This episode was really bloody but there weren’t any innards or muscle fibers or bones sticking out so it isn’t half as bad as other series as I’ve seen.

I felt bad for Zack, he grew up with fucked up people around him. He doesn’t know how to read which is why he relied on Rachel to do all the reading. No wonder he became a psychotic murderer. Still despite it, he has “some” restraint. It was painful to see him struggle and then eventually slash himself.

The way Cathy died was satisfying, especially after Rachel whipped out her own gun and shot her then ultimately, Cathy died with her own machine guns pumping her with a thousand bullets.

Then of course, Zacks bleeds out in the elevator.

臭い-
Aug 12, 2018 3:43 AM

May 2015
Omg Zack..protect that smile!
I feel like Rachel is the one who killed that person? Therefore a sinner in God's eyes?
Can't wait for next ep!
Aug 12, 2018 5:20 AM

Dec 2016
Cathy is one hell of a sadodere! Very crazy!
Not a bad episode. It was about time to get rid of that crazy woman! No wonder it drove Zack nuts just hearing her laughting like a maniac >>; RIP Cathy

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Aug 12, 2018 12:09 PM

Jul 2015
HMMMMM THANK GOD I DON'T NEED TO HEAR HER LAUGH ANYMORE... Now if only we could do something about Zack's laugh...
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Aug 12, 2018 1:52 PM

Dec 2016
So you're telling me Rachel's been carrying a piece on her this whole time and Zack, after losing about 100 gallons of blood, is still alive??? Bet.
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 12, 2018 2:42 PM

Dec 2010
Good episode. I like their relationship - finally something different and original. The OST is good and the plot is not insulting so far. I expected this to be much more edgy and stupid but other than their laughing moments(way too much of them) this is pretty enjoyable.

Albi-kun said:
PerlaNemesis said:

She threw her name because she considers herself a sinner.

The real question here is not her point of view. She coonsiders herself a sinner but she is also considered a sinner by "the game" or the "game mastermind". Otherwise the door would not open. On top of that all those little hints are refereing to God. Not a coincidence. Thats why this is pretty interesting.

And to be honest Rachel is a perfect criminal. Cold, ruthless criminal. Zack is killing because he cant contain himself and because of a trauma. He has clear motivation and you can predict his behaviour. On the other hand Rachel seems to be much more terryfying. She is probably the most insane there.

Zack reminds me of the character from Henry: The Serial Killer movie - Otis. Otis and his friend Henry killed a family and videotaped the whole thing. The evening after they were watching the whole thing togethe. Othis was really happy, joyful and even proud of his killing. On the other hand Henry was not even reacting. Just cold, bland stare. No emotion was even showed. And that was truly terryfing scene. Great movie anyway.
Aug 13, 2018 4:47 PM

Mar 2017
Man I am sad Cathy is dead but I can't say I never saw it coming so I was prepared for it anyways and what's with all the love for Zack? He is still a F'N serial killer ya know?
Aug 13, 2018 4:49 PM

Mar 2017
PurpleGirl203 said:
Cathy is one hell of a sadodere! Very crazy!
Not a bad episode. It was about time to get rid of that crazy woman! No wonder it drove Zack nuts just hearing her laughting like a maniac >>; RIP Cathy

Zack's laughs gets on my nerves more lol
Aug 13, 2018 6:33 PM

Mar 2016
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
watch the after credits... :/

Aug 13, 2018 6:38 PM

Mar 2016
Man.... this Zack he is my favourite so far.... I loved this arc . But Zack... he is been electricuted, breathing poison , taken dangerous drugs anddddd shot and sliced He is a monster....... i am a big fun of him
And this ''sinnister'' or not thing they did with the door ... brilliant ... something tells me that the girl is a huge sinnister compared to Zack who is innocent ...

Aug 14, 2018 3:32 PM

Nov 2014
Thought this episode was the worst so far, the monologue by Cathy inside gun room (or whatever) dragged on and was dull.

I hope the next episode is better.
Aug 16, 2018 4:20 AM

May 2016
I wonder how they can fill these 10 episodes with two more S.Killers...
Aug 16, 2018 1:42 PM

Jun 2016
How the forum is back up? Can't believe i only noticed that after a whole week..
Talking about the episode, i was waiting for them to put some scenes they cut off last episode on this one.. the majority of those were added so i'm more satisfied with this one than the last to be honest.
Next episode is going to introduce the watchers to one of the most interesting yet intriguing character in the story, i can't wait !! Let's say he's the grandpa that has drugs just for his children, that's the best definition i can't think of without spoiling anything lmao
Aug 17, 2018 6:55 AM
Mar 2014
So she still want to die. I really liked this episode
Aug 19, 2018 5:12 AM

Jul 2008
Finally the crazy one got hers....next!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Satsuriku no Tenshi Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2018

166 by Nelelelen »»
Apr 7, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Satsuriku no Tenshi Episode 1 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 8, 2018

36 by Elise_Eleanor237 »»
Mar 22, 6:09 PM

» Is it good or bad?

egosumjohn - Jul 31, 2023

30 by IkaruFox »»
Sep 16, 2023 12:31 PM

Poll: » Satsuriku no Tenshi Episode 4 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 9, 2018

25 by Waifuspls547 »»
Sep 8, 2023 9:22 AM

» How the tf ?

Bruh-__- - Feb 21, 2022

33 by Neostorm-X »»
Mar 8, 2023 11:54 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.