Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 9, 2018 10:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Now I think this was an important episode. We got to see some glimpse of Ash's life and how he became the person as he is today. Not to mention, it's Cape God, the same hometown that Ash grew up in.

Definitely felt like it bought more meaning to his character as a whole. Also, I kinda feel like Ash and Eiji got closer as friends and they had some neat moments together as characters. I'm not surprised how well Ash is getting used to his civilian life again after being in prison. Didn't feel like he's changed much at all. Jim (Ash's father) also makes an appearance that I think is important as the way he treats Ash is quite cold.
Stark700Aug 9, 2018 10:55 AM
Aug 9, 2018 11:20 AM

Apr 2016
The way Dino knows everything so quickly is pretty scary. I get that he's a mafia boss, but still...

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Aug 9, 2018 11:42 AM

Feb 2017
This episode was important. We got to see Ash's hometown and also heard some of his backstory. I don't have to mention I cried, do I? He's 17. He is still a child and he went through a lot of horrible things. And even more of them are awaiting. I can't express how painful it is.
I'm trying to enjoy as much as possible while it lasts, though - if you know what I mean.
Anime staff decided to move action from 20th century to 21st century and I'm pleasantly surprised there was a scene where Ash searched for Dawson on the internet. It's a small thing but makes me feel that the creators thought it out.
Also, have you noticed this newspaper Ash's father was reading? "Who done it?" and "Dairy Cape Cod" made my day. Still, it's nice that it was in English, staff really care for Banana Fish's setting.
I have to say, I loved that moment in manga when Shorter slit that guy's throat. And anime made it even cooler.
The whole scene was very emotional. It's hard to say whether Ash's father is good or bad. As a person, I mean. He's a rather horrible father but it's nothing to be worried about, Max is Ash's dad now.
Yut-Lung was mentioned at the end of this episode so I hope... for something - no spoilers!
By the way, one more thing, at the very end of this ep Eiji was apparently wearing Shorter's hoodie. Shorter is the best mom, he cares for Eiji.

Oh, and yeah - THEY CUT OUT CHICKEN HUNT :C
Aug 9, 2018 11:56 AM
Sep 2017
annelora said:

Oh, and yeah - THEY CUT OUT CHICKEN HUNT :C

Part of the chicken hunt was shown in the preview of episode 6 that was released!

I love that Ash cares for the people around him so much and doesn't hide the fact that he cries and such. It makes him so much more real and human T___T
Aug 9, 2018 12:58 PM

Dec 2013
Finally my favourite trap next episode.
Aug 9, 2018 1:46 PM

Feb 2016
This was a heavy episode featuring some of Ash's past, poor poor Ash, I swear ;_;

Shorter with the 10/10 entrance right there.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Aug 9, 2018 1:46 PM

Jun 2014
It was nice to be able to see where Ash used to live and learn a bit more about his past. Jesus, his whole life has just been fucked up since the beginning. Looking forward to seeing the shit that goes down in LA.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 9, 2018 2:01 PM

Oct 2015
This series never cease to surprise me and I love that. This episode was so important and so incredibly well-paced, not forgetting the amazing animation but please when has MAPPA ever disappointed us with their amazing work? Seeing Ash's past animated gave such a realistic feeling to it and I felt even more sorry for him now than when I read the manga. Definitely a 5/5 episode but that has been, like, every episode up to now.

Can't wait to see more of this amazing series.
Aug 9, 2018 2:42 PM

Jul 2017
Really nice episode that felt a bit calm until the end. Nice to learn a bit more on Ash's past too.
Aug 9, 2018 3:07 PM

Sep 2017
Damn this was a good episode. Turns out Ash has suffered even more sexual abuse than we originally thought. The kid can't get a break. And I mean he really is still a kid so it's pretty fucked up.

Then Jenifer has to go and get shot; like man I wasn't expecting her to die like that, but I guess that just means she didn't have a big role. And we are already in LA. I was expecting to at least see a bit of the journey. How tf did Dino find out anyway. I guess a big mob boss just has guys everywhere or something.
Aug 9, 2018 4:27 PM

Nov 2016
Ashs childhood was literally fucked up,can't believe that his dad didn't give a shit back then. And I was honestly expecting that the scene where he teached Eiji to shoot would be gayer

The death rate in this show is good so far and how it's supposed to be in an anime about mafia and gang wars,unfortunately they didn't really leave a big impression. Hope that might change within the next episodes. 91 Days did a better job for me in that category.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 9, 2018 5:15 PM
Jun 2015
As someone who grew up on Cape Cod, I was very interested to see how it would look in an anime (the only instance, to my knowledge). At first, I was disappointed by what looked like mountains in the background of one shot. The bar was generic, and the grassy fields looked more like prairie than seashore (not enough sand!). I'll give the animators credit for the "dairy" Cape newspaper, the sailboat on the shelf, and the lighthouse later in the episode. The houses weren't really indicative of what you'd see on the Cape, but again, I'll give credit for switching up the architecture a little. I hope it was as fun for the animators to go to an offbeat locale as it was for me to see what home looks like through their eyes!
Aug 9, 2018 5:27 PM

Feb 2013
Such a good ep. I loved seeing more of Ash’s backstory and learning about where he came from. The scene with Dino’s men was pretty crazy too! I feel like I get more and more attached to the characters with each passing ep and this ep is no exception. Excited for the one!
Aug 9, 2018 5:53 PM

Feb 2015
Very good episode, that's what I call character development, despite Ash's father appeared a few scenes, is very important to understand the whole story.
Can someone remind me, why are they going to Los Angeles?
Aug 9, 2018 6:30 PM

Jun 2009
Atlas77 said:
Very good episode, that's what I call character development, despite Ash's father appeared a few scenes, is very important to understand the whole story.
Can someone remind me, why are they going to Los Angeles?

If I understood well, it's because a guy who shot Griff lived there. Plus, remember that guy who upon his death told Ash about Banana Fish? Well, that guy told Ash address of a guy who later killed Griff.
Aug 9, 2018 8:54 PM

Oct 2008
damn! why does good girls always die first!?
1/5.

Aug 10, 2018 1:58 AM
Apr 2017
Oh god that ending was just bad xd Good episode overall though.
Aug 10, 2018 3:52 AM

Dec 2015
I found it a bit weird. I like the anime - and the "adventuring" (= them traveling to LA). Chars are nice. But this episode was too rushed. Didn't really get why the father first hated Ash. They should have used 2 episodes for that.

I mean if it was because he couldn't fight back: He already proved that by killing that guy in the past. I guess afterwards he prostituted himself willingly cause he noticed guys like him and he could take advantage of it - and the father didn't like it. And when he saw Ash could still be a real/tough guy because he fights the mafia ... he started to like him again.

At least that's how I interpreted this episode.

Much "forced gayness" (so the fujoshi target audience of the source material would be happy enough to continue reading) made it a bit unintentionally funny. (Father calling him "whore" and talking about him seducing others, ...)

I still like the anime. It's MAPPA - my favorite studio. It is good regarding chars/plot - even though it contains much fujoshi bait. I'd say they are doing the best at adapting that stuff. 8/10 currently for me.

9/10 for 91 Days which felt similar (especially now that they are traveling 91 Days hat a similar part in the plot) - but was better because it didn't contain that much fujoshi bait. Which here is still okay and not annoying ... but funny ... unintentionally funny - which is good entertainment (= good score) but less good than it could be without it.
Aug 10, 2018 6:19 AM

May 2012
It keeps getting better. best episode so far
Aug 10, 2018 7:53 AM

May 2016
Luthandorius said:

Much "forced gayness" (so the fujoshi target audience of the source material would be happy enough to continue reading) made it a bit unintentionally funny. (Father calling him "whore" and talking about him seducing others, ...)

9/10 for 91 Days which felt similar (especially now that they are traveling 91 Days hat a similar part in the plot) - but was better because it didn't contain that much fujoshi bait. Which here is still okay and not annoying ... but funny ... unintentionally funny - which is good entertainment (= good score) but less good than it could be without it.

I'm really wondering what you are talking about, what kind of forced gayness have you seen?

Maybe it's because I know the Manga, but nothing in this episode seemed even remotely gay to me, and calling it fujoshi-bait, a series with canonically gay characters, is... strange, to say the least.
The targeted audience has never been fujoshis, and the Manga wasn't (and I think still isn't) very popular in their circle, simply because it's not the type of gayness they like to see, so I'm genuinely confused about your post.

Forgot to add my own opinion of the episode: I too think it was quite rushed, there wasn't enough time to get into the mood, even Ash's horrible past didn't have much of an emotional impact on me.
They did a much better job with the interrogation scene a few episodes back, the composition and overall execution was powerful, this one was delivered like a cold pizza that sticks to the box.
I would say it was the weakest episode so far, important, yes, but not well handled.
MusicalClockAug 10, 2018 8:09 AM
Aug 10, 2018 9:16 AM

Mar 2009
Wait, what? So, his father knew that Ash was being sexually abused as a kid, and did absolutely nothing to protect him? To make matters worse, he told Ash to just let the guy have his way with him, but take revenge on him eventually. What kind of bullshit is that? I don't know if I missed something during that whole conversation, but it was very fucking odd. His father's an awful dad.

Also, poor Jennifer. And Ash's father didn't really seem to care when she died. Hell, most of them didn't. There was barely any reaction, except for that "only the good die young" line.

This whole episode felt tonally off.
MormegilAug 10, 2018 9:23 AM
Aug 10, 2018 9:40 AM

Sep 2011
I thought it was great to open the episode with Max singing, I hope he remembers the rest of the lyrics and we get a full version in the OST or something.

Ash grew up in such a beautiful place that I didn't understand why he wasn't happy to be back there, as Eiji immediately realized, but it soon became all too clear. I thought that Ash ended up falling into Dino's vile hands because he lost the only family he ever had, his brother, but no, it turns out he had a "father". A "father" that doesn't even know that one of his sons is dead, one that certainly didn't even try to find out if his son returned well from the war, or opened his letters, one that treats his child, that's right in front of him like trash. I was glad to see Max enraged, because it was too much, but also relieved that Ibe-san prevented him from punching that scumbag, even though he certainly deserved it. As if the way he treats his son wasn't enough, he's even unnecessarily rude to his current partner, showing clearly the kind or person that he is.

We then learn that Ash's life was never a peaceful or happy one, his home environment wasn't ideal from the start, I was as depressed as Max, even though this isn't even the worst part of Ash's damaged childhood. On a lighter and adorable scene, we can see Eiji freaking out at the sight of a rat, which was lovely as most scenes with this angel are.

Also going through Griffin's stuff they managed to find the name and confirm the adress of the guy that killed him, it was good progress. I loved how Eiji stared at Ibe, it was like he was asking for permission, but at the same time saying that he just had to go. When Eiji asked Ash if he hated that place, he just answers that he never even thought about it. Feeling nothing about a place that was supposed to be a safe haven, a home, is even sadder than hating it, which made it all the more poignant.

Ash teaching Eiji how to handle a gun was lovely, even though I can't help but worry a bit like Ibe-san, it was clear he was going to confront Ash, but I'm glad it was a light talk. It's true that Eiji and Ash are really different, but maybe that's why they attract each other so much. We also got a bit more of insight into Eiji's situation before being rescued by Ibe, it's a really compelling struggle, and I feel really sorry for him. Here's hoping that not just Ash, but that Ibe and the others will be able to see Eiji "flying" once again. A side comment, but I love how Max and Ibe instantly became friends, I'm glad they can talk openly. And even Max can see that the best for Eiji right now isn't to go back to Japan, but to be by Ash's side, as dangerous as it may be.

Eiji then snapped at Ash's "father" because he mistreated his son again for no reason whatsoever, after we get to know how Ash's life went awry at the young age of 7... And even though this was written decades ago, unfortunately, sex crimes are still treated like this, the fault is always with the victim for "seducing" the abuser, be it a woman, a kid or even a man, they will try to find faults at them by saying that it was because they were wearing "provocative clothes" or at the "wrong place", they are rarely taken serisouly, it's truly sickening.

I can't believe he had to go through this, as if what we already knew wasn't terrible enough, but the worst part of it all is how his father abandoned him, he turned away, leaving him to be abused, even though he knew it was happening. "If this happens again just accept it and ask money for it", is this truly a father? I can't put into words how despicable, unfair, coward and cruel this man is. Of course he would run away, he felt alone, powerless, maybe even guilty when he was the victim, he was just a kid, he fell into an even worse hellhole, if only his "father" had sheltered and helped him through it, things would've been different. They were then found, a pity it was the woman that died in the cross-fire and not his "father", she seemed to be a good person, and that escape scene was supposed to "redeem" him or something, I hope we won't ever have to see his face again, he's just as guilty of everything that befell his children as the mafia.

And then the banker that wanted Dino out of the picture ends up joining forces with him, and they have a lot of information about all of the people helping Ash already, it seems like they have no one to count on, maybe those two policemen, but I doubt they can do much. Seeing them happy for reaching LA was nice though, I wonder how my heart will be utterly broken in the next episode.
Aug 10, 2018 9:51 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
I dont know ... im not sure about this episode. Felt pretty damn rushed.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Aug 10, 2018 10:42 AM

Feb 2014
Major_Gilbert said:
The way Dino knows everything so quickly is pretty scary. I get that he's a mafia boss, but still...

Things that we can't see is what scares us the most. Dino has his way around everything.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Aug 10, 2018 1:07 PM

Dec 2015
I'm probably the only one but this episode is the first one that left me pretty underwhelmed. The father as a character and his relationship with Ash seemed so unrealistic and I just couldn't suspend my disbelief any further anymore.

Especially when he chose to open up to Ash's group out of nowhere and just told his complete backstory to a group of strangers after he's been presented as the type of person who would never share anything like that even to his closer friends. Finding out through Jennifer or that friend of his would've been more realistic.
I just didn't like this episode because I didn't feel any genuine emotion or any realistic emotional depth to the relationship and character of the father. Him covering for Ash didn't convince me either.
Aug 10, 2018 1:08 PM

Apr 2016
matias067 said:
1/5.

Because this anime has no place for girls.
Aug 10, 2018 3:13 PM

May 2015
I'm enjoying the show quite a bit, but these deaths feel weird to me. Like someone dies, the characters look affected for the reminder of the scene, but as soon as we switch to a new one, they're acting like nothing ever happened. I get that for most of these deaths, Ash is the only person out of the group that really had any semblance of a connection with the deceased, but it's still kinda jarring to see the rest of them default back to their usual banter so quickly.

Hope I explained that well enough, because honestly, it's my only real complaint so far.

Aug 10, 2018 6:40 PM

Jun 2008
Glad this part is over and done with because it's one of my least favorite parts in the manga. Ash's backstory is just too much and I hated the attempt to redeem his shitty dad at the end.

Looking forward to the next arc because that's when the story really gets going.

Swagernator said:
matias067 said:
1/5.

Because this anime has no place for girls.

The girl who shows up next episode is pretty much best girl by default because she's the only one who will get a decent-ish amount of screentime.

Aug 10, 2018 7:14 PM

May 2014
anime_kitchen said:
As someone who grew up on Cape Cod, I was very interested to see how it would look in an anime (the only instance, to my knowledge). At first, I was disappointed by what looked like mountains in the background of one shot. The bar was generic, and the grassy fields looked more like prairie than seashore (not enough sand!). I'll give the animators credit for the "dairy" Cape newspaper, the sailboat on the shelf, and the lighthouse later in the episode. The houses weren't really indicative of what you'd see on the Cape, but again, I'll give credit for switching up the architecture a little. I hope it was as fun for the animators to go to an offbeat locale as it was for me to see what home looks like through their eyes!

In the creators defense they pretty much replicated what was in the manga. Which is basically all we saw both ways tbh
Oscar and Andre deserved better
Aug 11, 2018 2:37 AM
Jun 2015
AnimeZ0id said:
In the creators defense they pretty much replicated what was in the manga. Which is basically all we saw both ways tbh

I kind of assumed that was the case but I haven't read the manga (yet) so I can only speak to the anime.
Aug 11, 2018 6:47 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Good epsiode, this.

We got to know more of Ash’s backstory and it’s depressing as expected. This show really likes to top around with him, by the looks of it. It’s a bit saddening that his father will have to go behind bars now but I’m glad his farewell message to his son might just save Ash when things get more intense and hopeless for him, unlike a certain mother in SnK. Dino seems like a much more challenging mafia than I expected. Op and especially the ED is just dope! I’m beginning to really enjoy the show now.

Looking forward to the next epsiode!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 11, 2018 5:18 PM

Mar 2016
This anime always suprises me i never expected to see something like that .... Looking forward to the next episode!!

Aug 12, 2018 2:14 AM

Jun 2013

Holy fuck, Ash’s childhood was fucked up. He had a dad who didn’t fight for him. Yes, he went over to the baseball coach’s house with the police but after that he just told his son to let pedophiles to rape him and to make money from it too? He just confirmed that he allowed SEVERAL ADULT MEN to rape his son.

No wonder Ash never cared whenever he was sexually assaulted and even used sex on the same-sex to get what he needs or wants. His own father didn’t love him enough to protect him. Jennifer, who is completely unrelated to him, treats him better. She’s already a better parent than Ash’s own father. She was the nicest person in this episode and she was killed. His shitbag father survived though. Ugh.

I have a fair idea who Yut Lung, the Dragon Moon guy is. He’s most likely that guy in the opening who was caressing Shorter’s face with a sly look on his face. He’s probably going to be all buddy-buddy with them or he’s Shorter’s boyfriend or something.

My favorite part was when Shorter slit Golzine’s henchman’s throat. Also, taking note that these characters have updated gadgets and technology. Since the manga was set in the 80s, I’m sure they still had the Yellow Pages and giant cellphones and shit.

臭い-
Aug 12, 2018 3:52 AM

May 2015
This serie is getting better and better!

Only downside was the lack of emotions when Jennifer died. She was the best person that ep and deserved more screen time or something :(.

Aug 12, 2018 11:42 AM

Dec 2016
Ash really is just a magnet for death and destruction huh
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 12, 2018 7:52 PM

Oct 2009
i'm just laughing so hard at everyone revolted at banana fish "turning gay" because

1) they're literally just adapting the manga, it's all in the source material too;
2) most of it (save for ash and eiji's relationship) is outright abusive and depicted as such throughout the entire series (aka absolutely not fetishized by the fandom, which in fact recognizes that yoshida's treatment of these issues was not always the best);
3) it is gay, fam, get over it. not every character has to be a hettie

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 13, 2018 4:08 AM

Mar 2018
It was a good episode because of the background story. Now we know where Ash came from but honestly, I don't get his father and trying to humanise him at the end also didn't work for me.
Aug 13, 2018 4:44 PM

Mar 2017
Yeah it was almost a perfect epsiode except the part where the woman(Jennifer) died like it was so unnecessary I couldn't help but be bothered by it till the end
Aug 15, 2018 4:05 AM

Jul 2016
thepath said:

coalas said:
i'm just laughing so hard at everyone revolted at banana fish "turning gay" because

1) they're literally just adapting the manga, it's all in the source material too;
2) most of it (save for ash and eiji's relationship) is outright abusive and depicted as such throughout the entire series (aka absolutely not fetishized by the fandom, which in fact recognizes that yoshida's treatment of these issues was not always the best);

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Agreed on both counts. Who cares if there are gay themes throughout, are people that insecure?

The story is progressing and the characters are worth following and show growth.

AOTS at the moment for me.
Aug 15, 2018 11:05 AM

Apr 2009
Vindicater said:
thepath said:

coalas said:

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Agreed on both counts. Who cares if there are gay themes throughout, are people that insecure?

Yes, especially on MAL lol.

Also there are a lot of anime watchers unable to understand there are other audiences watching stuff, hence the screaming and screeching every time a female-oriented anime is announced. Ironically most of the "gay" stuff in BF isn't even played for fanservice!

Aug 15, 2018 1:49 PM

Apr 2016
Even though Ash's father told the backstory, I still don't get why he made fun of his son in such a way in the beginning of the episode.

Also poor Jennifer, the show indicated that both father and son cared about her but in the end 2 mins after she died no one blinked an eye, just a "the good ones die first" or something.

But this was an awesome episode, we got the backstory for both Ash and Eiji and also beautiful sceneries! Some contact on the shooting scene as well, that certainly got my secret fujoshi self shipping. But I mean, there is no shounen-ai tag, only shoujo which is something you wouldn't expect alongside action, mafia etc but I can see how that works.

In general, it is a really fast-paced show, I saw all 6 episodes in one sitting and now I feel like my brain really needs a break from anime for a couple of days. I wish they had slice of life-type of scenes every once in a while so that the viewers can take a break. That would result in a greater impact for the action scenes. Cause even when there is no action, we are bombarded with information and mystery.

Also I was wondering how the author came up with all this, was she like "Hey, let's give this guy the worst possible childhood that we can think of with a past of the most disgusting things that could happen at the most vulnerable time of his life"
CuriousNekoAug 15, 2018 2:04 PM
"Sometimes life is like jazz, and goes in an unexpected direction." (Sakamichi no Apollon)
Aug 19, 2018 4:36 PM

Dec 2010
Pretty good episode but very flawed. Still the story is pretty strong. Defenitely a must-watch.

Mormegil said:
Wait, what? So, his father knew that Ash was being sexually abused as a kid, and did absolutely nothing to protect him? To make matters worse, he told Ash to just let the guy have his way with him, but take revenge on him eventually. What kind of bullshit is that? I don't know if I missed something during that whole conversation, but it was very fucking odd. His father's an awful dad.

Also, poor Jennifer. And Ash's father didn't really seem to care when she died. Hell, most of them didn't. There was barely any reaction, except for that "only the good die young" line.

This whole episode felt tonally off.

To be honest that was very confusing. Considering the fact that Ash was raped as a kid this accusation was totally baseless. Dad has no idea what Ash was doing when he ran away. So why? Was something cut from the manga?

And the way father told this story to some group of strangers just because... Yeah, that was info dump at best.

No wonder nobody cared when Jennifer died. So far the woman are treated like a 5-th grade characters that are just there because they need to(Jennifer, Doctor`s assistent). Nobody gave a shit when she died. Shame.
Sep 11, 2018 8:18 AM

Dec 2014
well people really die hard in this anime.. not very accustomed to see people die like that.. things may go even more haywire from now on…
Sep 12, 2018 10:24 PM

Aug 2017
Ash's hometown and a bit of backstory. The personality of his father doesn't make much sense. RIP Jennifer. Dino is dangerous. We arrived in Los Angeles.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 13, 2018 10:13 PM
Jul 2018
something started to bugging me about this show. the direction going great but death rate is too high followed by little development and partly this time Eiji's scream fault (again he damaged Ash's family by being careless or unlucky). Ash's backstory is too dark and messed up indeed but at the same time can't feel any symphasize towards him.. Also can't understand how Ash's dad was acting like that before?! he overdid that time honestly.
removed-userSep 13, 2018 10:23 PM
Sep 17, 2018 11:56 AM

Aug 2018
Will Eiji ever stop fucking up things?
Dec 3, 2018 9:52 PM

Jul 2016
Well, in this episode, we got some more information about Ash's past. So he was 8 when he killed for the first time and has been abused since then too. That's rough, for sure.

Regarding the episode, I liked most of it but I don't know what to think about Ash's father and his attitude towards his son... he didn't protect him like a real father should do and years later, he just hates him and says he "seduces" men and shit... Not to mention that when they tried to redeem himself, it just felt so artificial and sudden. So yeah, that redemption didn't make me feel anything at all.

And ralated to that, I also feel bad for Jennifer, she was a kind woman and despite not being relatives, she treated Ash in such a maternal way I though she was his mom the first time a saw her. Man, what a curse Ash possesses... all the people he cares, get killed.
Dec 7, 2018 4:48 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Despite being an asshole, that was a cool dad til the end, pity the girl died like that.
Dec 18, 2018 7:47 AM

Oct 2017
The crew heads out to Cape Cod, Ash’s hometown, to get Griffin’s things. We’re introduced to Ash’s dad and his wife. Tbh I wasn’t too fond of his dad as he was a total jerk. But the wife was very kind.

I can’t believe Ash went through even more sexual trauma. He was abused several times as a child all while his father knew. How could any parent live knowing their child was going through that?

Sadly, Dino’s Men catch up to them and end up killing the wife, Jennifer, and injuring Ash’s father. At the last minute, Ash’s dad actually decides to be nice and helps them all escape. Still don’t like him.

And now, we’re in LA. I’m guessing we’re gonna see the guy with The pretty hair soon?
Jan 16, 2019 2:10 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Just what is this show's problem? Not that I'm complaining, I'm loving the plot and everything, it's just that this show doesn't know when to tone down the tragedies, and again, I don't mean it in a bad way, it seems that as we get deeper into the story and we get more information about Ash, it's only getting more depressing for him and the people around.
His father played the tough stance till the end (Not that he's dead, but you get me), a father's love, maybe not like a mother's, probably because of the manly facade.
Everybody is now at this strange territory, Los Angeles, we shall see some real action here, the land of no return.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Banana Fish Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2018

121 by matheoo41 »»
Apr 13, 5:55 PM

Poll: » Banana Fish Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2018

69 by matheoo41 »»
Apr 13, 5:41 PM

» how gay is this shit?

KuroudoAkabane - May 14, 2023

37 by Merve2Love »»
Apr 13, 1:54 AM

Poll: » Banana Fish Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2018

343 by VinivinhoN »»
Mar 11, 8:53 AM

Poll: » Banana Fish Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TheFreycook - Aug 8, 2018

66 by unclearjustice »»
Dec 26, 2023 8:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.