Forum Settings
Forums

Smartphone Game 'Shoumetsu Toshi' Gets TV Anime

New
May 27, 2018 2:53 AM

Nov 2007
At the Shoumetsu Toshi Project launch presentation event held on Sunday, it was announced that the smartphone game by Wright Flyer Studio get a TV anime adaptation. Madhouse will animate the series, while Pony Canyon will be in charge of music production. The cast members from the game will reprise their roles. The anime will run for 12 episodes, with its broadcast date yet to be announced.

Synopsis
One day, a city suddenly disappears. Takuya, a professional by-the-contract courier and lone wolf, meets Yuki, the only survivor from the city's extinction. The two rely on a message from Yuki's father, who was heard to be missing, and head toward the disappeared city, Lost. However, unexpected obstacles strike before the pair, with the reality especially shocking for Yuki. Before them are the feelings of those left behind, a mysterious group manipulating in the shadows, and unveiling the hidden conspiracy. Takuya and Yuki, who both were initially strangers, would deepen their bond during the journey and unravel the mystery of the Lost city.

Cast
Yuki: Kana Hanazawa (Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File)
Takuya: Tomokazu Sugita (Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii)
Akira: Yuuichi Nakamura (Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai)
Eiji: Tarusuke Shingaki (the Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru series)
Kikyou: Aimi Terakawa (Aimi) (BanG Dream!)
Geek: Taisuke Nishimura (Boruto: Naruto Next Generations)
Yumiko: Mitsuki Nakae (Kakuchou Shoujo-kei Trinary)

Developed by Wright Flyer Studio, the game has been downloaded over 9 million times since its launch in May 2014, and became the best game of 2014 in Japanese Google Play. The game was updated to Shoumetsu Toshi 2 in November 2016. A new 3D game tentatively titled Shin Shoumetsu Toshi Project was also announced at the event.

Official site: https://shoumetsutoshi-anime.com/
Official Twitter: @anime_shoumetsu

Source: Dengeki Online

Shoumetsu Toshi on MAL
tsubasaloverMay 27, 2018 8:36 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 27, 2018 3:23 AM

Dec 2017
wow, the studio and the VA is solid. but why the synopsis kinda reminds me of Mayoiga...
May 27, 2018 3:34 AM

Apr 2016
"Smartphone Game"

Well shieeet, but hey it can be actually good ... right ?
May 27, 2018 3:38 AM

Jul 2015
-> Madhouse
-> Kana Hanazawa will voice the female lead

interesting
tragedydesuMay 27, 2018 3:41 AM
May 27, 2018 3:46 AM

Apr 2012
Swagernator said:
"Smartphone Game"

Well, at least this is not another slice of life with cute girls / boys.
May 27, 2018 3:48 AM
Aug 2017
Interesting the summary and the cast was solid PTW
May 27, 2018 4:11 AM
Dec 2013
If Madhouse is animating this, then it has to be good.
May 27, 2018 4:15 AM

Apr 2018
Welp madhouse is my favorite studio so hopes it won't disapoint me
Anyone who played the game can tell me if it is good or not?
May 27, 2018 4:23 AM

May 2017
Swagernator said:
"Smartphone Game"

At least it's not a Isekai so and it's Madhouse so hopefully they won't disappoint.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2018 4:32 AM

Nov 2007
If I am not mistaken, this will be HanaKana and Sugita-san's first anime as the main characters forming a pair in an anime!

Looking forward to it!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 27, 2018 4:48 AM
Jul 2018
tragedydesu said:

Kek.. Inb4 her character don't easily win.... you might as well drop it ...
May 27, 2018 4:49 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Doesn't matter what the anime is gonna be about or who's doing it: if it's based on a smartphone game it's doomed from the start
May 27, 2018 5:10 AM

Mar 2015
perfect balanced amont of red flag and green flag...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 27, 2018 5:20 AM

Nov 2007
HippySnob said:
tragedydesu said:

I know she is not gonna win. It may turn into a harem after all. Oh, yeah. Doesn't seem like from the synopsis.

Anyways, is there any role where she won in the end in a love triangle? Oh, yeah. Manaka (Nagi no Asukara)

Or is there any role where she ever had a good ending? Oh, yeah. Anri (Durarara), Kanade (Angel Beats!), Naho (Orange), Ritsu (Bokura wa Minna Kawai-sou), Susukihotaru (Otome Youkai Zakuro), Tsukimi (Kuragehime), Yuki (Tsurezure Children).

But imagine her being a Tsundere. Did she ever get a role of a Tsundere? Oh, yeah. Natsume (Tokyo Ravens).
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 27, 2018 5:38 AM
Jul 2018
shanimebib said:
HippySnob said:

I know she is not gonna win. It may turn into a harem after all. Oh, yeah. Doesn't seem like from the synopsis.

Anyways, is there any role where she won in the end in a love triangle? Oh, yeah. Manaka (Nagi no Asukara)

Or is there any role where she ever had a good ending? Oh, yeah. Anri (Durarara), Kanade (Angel Beats!), Naho (Orange), Ritsu (Bokura wa Minna Kawai-sou), Susukihotaru (Otome Youkai Zakuro), Tsukimi (Kuragehime), Yuki (Tsurezure Children).

But imagine her being a Tsundere. Did she ever get a role of a Tsundere? Oh, yeah. Natsume (Tokyo Ravens).

I watched a few videos of the game and I doubt that it's going to become a harem. The male/female ratio is 1:1 and doesn't look like it's going to have more romance apart from the two protagonists.

The gameplay is a little weird, don't know how they are going to adapt it to an anime without it looking ridiculous.

removed-userMay 27, 2018 5:42 AM
May 27, 2018 5:39 AM

Jan 2016
I'm not sure with Game adaptation as always. But with that cast and Madhouse, lets see...
May 27, 2018 5:58 AM

Jan 2018
The synopsis and the VA are good at least for me but if it also got the romance then im in for it.
May 27, 2018 6:50 AM

May 2018
First thing that come to my mind when I saw the title.

May 27, 2018 7:02 AM

Dec 2014
Will watch for HanaKana and Sugita, it might turn out to be pretty good since the synopsis sounds nice.
May 27, 2018 7:48 AM
Jul 2017
shanimebib said:
HippySnob said:

Well.
Hana's friendzoned list quite long.This anime might break that curse of getting friendzoned afterall.
May 27, 2018 7:58 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
HaXXspetten said:
Doesn't matter what the anime is gonna be about or who's doing it: if it's based on a smartphone game it's doomed from the start

Such a negative mindset!
It being based on a smartphone it just meant they will burrow some stuff from it, how the anime ends up being will only rely on the studio creativity to deliver.

People are forgetting Shingeki no Bahamut anime was based on card games.
May 27, 2018 9:07 AM

Apr 2016

sounds interesting
May 27, 2018 9:25 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Playcool said:
HaXXspetten said:

Such a negative mindset!
It being based on a smartphone it just meant they will burrow some stuff from it, how the anime ends up being will only rely on the studio creativity to deliver.

Bahamut was pretty much a one-time exception though
May 27, 2018 9:48 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
HaXXspetten said:
Playcool said:

Such a negative mindset!

Unless you can time travel into the future you cant really state that this is really doomed from the start, it may seem so but we never know. (stop being a stubborn onii-sama!)

And since it is Madhouse, I m at least interested to see what will they present here.
May 27, 2018 11:54 AM

May 2015
I trust Madhouse so I hope this will be good :3
May 27, 2018 12:53 PM
Jul 2018
HaXXspetten said:

Uh I don't exactly agree with this considering there's been a decent amount of series that are based off of smartphones that are at least fine.

It's the matter whether or not they can handle said content of the source.

The same can be applied with the logic about Light Novels and this is recurrent for a lot of people nowadays based on only baseless assumptions.

Now I don't exactly disagree with you entirely either but I don't agree with this point to be fairly honest. Especially since as of current there have been shows based off of smartphone games that are quite interesting. At least to me.

Playcool said:
HaXXspetten said:

Unless you can time travel into the future you cant really state that this is really doomed from the start, it may seem so but we never know. (stop being a stubborn onii-sama!)

And since it is Madhouse, I m at least interested to see what will they present here.

>Stubborn Onii-sama

LOOOOOL I'm dead, that's probably the best thing I've read in here for like the entire week.

Not gonna lie that made me giggle a lot.

I get that skepticalism is a thing but I think one should wait until later information comes out, and even then that's still skepticalism at most imo.
May 27, 2018 11:55 PM

Nov 2016
If this shows up in the anime, I'm giving it a straight 11/10
May 28, 2018 12:10 AM
Dec 2016
It could turn out to be entertaining, but odds are it will be mediocre. Madhouse isn't at their best right now so I'm not confident in this show's quality. That being said Madhouse is one of the better studios out there so there is a shot of this being decent. I'll wait for more info.
May 28, 2018 12:12 AM
Dec 2016
HaXXspetten said:
Playcool said:

Such a negative mindset!

And the first season wasn't even anything insane. I enjoyed it, but it was no masterpiece. The second season had a really strong start. I was willing to give the show a 10 because I was enjoying it so much, but it completely fell apart in the second half.
May 28, 2018 1:00 AM

Feb 2013
It'll be a good adaptation because the original is already really good and it has a great potential to be a good anime.

More topics from this board

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

6 by Yubisoft »»
49 minutes ago

» 'Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita.' Reveals Additional Cast, Second Promo

Doshigatai - 6 hours ago

3 by JehadKun »»
3 hours ago

» 'T.P BON' Reveals Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

2 by EcchiGodMamster »»
4 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/10]

Snow - Apr 5

26 by infanf »»
6 hours ago

» 'Isekai Shikkaku' Reveals Supporting Cast Pair

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by DARM11 »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.