New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (13) « First ... « 11 12 [13]
Mar 5, 2017 11:38 AM

Mar 2014
cHowaito said:
Hey!
First off, I love Taiga. Period.

Now, I'm not exactly requesting a new feature but wondering what happened to the old one...
When you're synced with your MAL account and you're looking through your list (completed, plan to watch etc etc) you could filter them out by genres through the search bar previously. I'm not sure why, but it doesn't work anymore. Maybe someone could enlighten me as to why? Or maybe I'm not doing it right, I don't know...
It still works, if you type fantasy it should show you shows with the fantasy genre. It might be you're missing the genre data so the entries aren't showing up when you search for them (you can update them by going to the details of one and pressing F5, it should be automatic if you never updated them or did it long ago).
Mar 5, 2017 3:33 PM

Sep 2014
Paulo27 said:
It still works, if you type fantasy it should show you shows with the fantasy genre. It might be you're missing the genre data so the entries aren't showing up when you search for them (you can update them by going to the details of one and pressing F5, it should be automatic if you never updated them or did it long ago).

Just tried pressing F5 on several animes and then using the search bar it worked. The animes I F5:ed now also show up with the search bar however this wasn't required before. I didn't have to refresh the details of an anime manually and refreshing 600+ animes doesn't sound like fun. Any solutions?
One step closer though so thanks Paulo27.
Mar 5, 2017 4:39 PM

Mar 2014
cHowaito said:
Paulo27 said:

Just tried pressing F5 on several animes and then using the search bar it worked. The animes I F5:ed now also show up with the search bar however this wasn't required before. I didn't have to refresh the details of an anime manually and refreshing 600+ animes doesn't sound like fun. Any solutions?
One step closer though so thanks Paulo27.
It's likely that at some point you lost your setting files and things reseted.
I'd suggest going through every season in the Season tab and updating things there, you'll get the info for every anime in those seasons.
Outside of that, what I did was get an auto-clicker and set it to open one entry, press F5, close, repeat and just left it overnight.
Mar 6, 2017 9:36 AM

Sep 2014
[quote=Paulo27 message=49883228It's likely that at some point you lost your setting files and things reseted.
I'd suggest going through every season in the Season tab and updating things there, you'll get the info for every anime in those seasons.
Outside of that, what I did was get an auto-clicker and set it to open one entry, press F5, close, repeat and just left it overnight.[/quote]

Indeed, I bought a new computer and downloaded a fresh copy of Taiga. I can only conclude that my previous data wasn't transferred, as you said. I'll have to refresh them manually then but first I'm going to try and transfer my taiga data from my old computer if I can. Thanks!
Apr 5, 2017 7:12 AM
Nov 2012
Hi, I really like using the torrent download feature from my RSS but I also really like to put my anime into separate folders. The thing that makes it difficult is when I go to the torrents page it ticks all of animes in the list automatically, then I have to untick every single one that I don't want to download at the moment(which is a pain). So I recommend a 'untick all' downloads from the list so that I can quickly tick all the animes I want to download. Thanks for reading and hoping you will consider that request of mine ^^
Apr 5, 2017 8:16 AM

Mar 2014
PESER said:
Hi, I really like using the torrent download feature from my RSS but I also really like to put my anime into separate folders. The thing that makes it difficult is when I go to the torrents page it ticks all of animes in the list automatically, then I have to untick every single one that I don't want to download at the moment(which is a pain). So I recommend a 'untick all' downloads from the list so that I can quickly tick all the animes I want to download. Thanks for reading and hoping you will consider that request of mine ^^
If you click the button with the X (forgot exactly what it says) it should clear all of them, but when you refresh it won't select any of the torrents you had picked.
Apr 5, 2017 11:30 AM
Nov 2012
Paulo27 said:
PESER said:
If you click the button with the X (forgot exactly what it says) it should clear all of them, but when you refresh it won't select any of the torrents you had picked.
Ow I see, at first I though that erases the animes from the list. But that would still be nice to have a select all function
Apr 15, 2017 4:51 AM

May 2014
When playing something that Taiga doesn't recognize (be it on my list or something that isn't on it), please add a function to search the title on MAL manually, because most of the time the suggestions that appear aren't correct. Thanks!
Apr 15, 2017 5:36 AM

Mar 2014
Xeroeth said:
When playing something that Taiga doesn't recognize (be it on my list or something that isn't on it), please add a function to search the title on MAL manually, because most of the time the suggestions that appear aren't correct. Thanks!
If the suggestions aren't correct at the bottom of the list there's a search button, use that. If it doesn't return any results, type the title manually in the search bar.
Apr 15, 2017 11:16 PM
Apr 2017
As a feature, I'd like to see automatic refresh of the Anime List that is time based.
Apr 19, 2017 8:15 PM
Feb 2010
Might be a good idea for an option for Taiga to not use a root library folder as a series folder. For example I have 3 library folders I added, "Ongoing Anime", "0 - N" and "O - Z" (due to not having enough space in a single drive to keep everything), with the ongoing folder being more of a landing folder that I drop stuff in and gets sorted out by a script every 4 hours or so into folders in the other two libraries. I do want Taiga to be able to find stuff in that folder while it's there, but setting it as the location for that show when it's set to change very soon is not ideal.
May 1, 2017 9:41 PM

Feb 2010
Any chance of a discord support? I found (and used it before) with Taiga and it worked.

Well it's kinda dead now
https://github.com/omegavesko/DiscordAnimeStatus
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

May 3, 2017 12:39 PM
Feb 2009
Very long shot request, might be better to wait for a Linux version, but is there any way support for remote bittorrent clients could be added? I run a media server on linux and currently run a windows VM for taiga's torrent support, I'd much rather be able to run transmission or qtorrent in a docker container with a VPN running and have taiga add torrents in and maybe move the files into proper folders once it's completed.
Also as another request I'd love usenet support, Sonarr and Radarr come the closest to what I want for anime support but they're still far from what I actually want, they lack MAL support and force american names. I ranted a bit on that I know, but I have an idea of what I want and taiga mostly fits it.
May 4, 2017 4:45 PM
Feb 2010
Assuming you can't already do this somehow (did a quick browse of settings and couldn't find anything like it) would be nice if you could customize the recognition filters somehow, change stuff like delimiters around or set strings to ignore when determining name/format/etc. Would be especially useful when you're adding your own RSS feed since those won't always use the same format that the default ones do, tried to set it up with the Animebytes one for example and it was pretty much useless due to it thinking the type info (TV/movie/OVA/etc) and year were part of the title and not recognizing anything.

Also unrelated and maybe just my preference but I often find myself annoyed that I cannot click to play the next episode directly from search results anywhere except when I click onto my list tab before searching. (Often try to search from "Now Playing" for example only to remember I can't start a show this way.) I think for the "In List" segment of search results it would make sense to inherit the double click to play behavior (or whatever the user has set) as well as all the other relevant context menu items that would show on the list tab, wouldn't it?
OrangeFlavoredMay 4, 2017 4:57 PM
Aug 10, 2017 11:16 AM

Oct 2013
I would like the status bar to display the number of selected list items if possible. It would be helpful to count the number of entries that fit a certain criteria.
JacquelinAug 10, 2017 11:22 AM
Aug 21, 2017 12:04 AM
Jan 2014
Would it be possible to use the searchbar to find genres? If i type fantasy about 30 shows up but there should be over 2000 with that genre
Aug 21, 2017 8:36 AM

Mar 2014
Xerno said:
Would it be possible to use the searchbar to find genres? If i type fantasy about 30 shows up but there should be over 2000 with that genre
The list search only searches your list and works with genres.
The search tab doesn't work with genres and only returns 50 results from MAL's search API.
Sep 1, 2017 7:21 PM
Aug 2014
Is there a way to copy your plan to watch list to Notepad++?
Sep 8, 2017 6:29 AM
Jul 2018
I have a suggestion regarding adding support for a new media player, MPC-QT (Media Player Classic Qute Theater). It is still in early development at this point.

https://github.com/cmdrkotori/mpc-qt
Sep 19, 2017 6:11 AM

Jul 2010
Taiga does all show updates in order and stops if one fails. This behavior makes sense if you get disconnected from the internet or MAL doesn't recognize your credentials - if the first update fails, no point spamming the remaining 29 after it.

Maybe it makes sense to change this when the failure is due to an unapproved show? It takes a while for a show to get approved, and in the meantime all other updates get stuck behind it for the sake of executing the queue in order.
Oct 9, 2017 3:37 PM
Oct 2016
Hi, I like the "mal average" column but it only pulls the average one time, if I open the infobox later it doesn't, please make it updatable because is a really neat feature

Oct 9, 2017 4:07 PM

Mar 2014
giosann said:
Hi, I like the "mal average" column but it only pulls the average one time, if I open the infobox later it doesn't, please make it updatable because is a really neat feature
Press F5 after opening the infobox.
Oct 9, 2017 4:38 PM
Oct 2016
Paulo27 said:
giosann said:
Press F5 after opening the infobox.

Thank you very much

Jan 16, 2018 5:42 AM
Feb 2010
I think it'd be nice if the notification that pops up would be different when you open an episode out of sequence (especially if you have "ignore if episode number greater than next episode" unchecked). Doesn't have to be really majorly different like maybe just give it a little ! triangle or something rather than the blue icon it usually has and an extra word or two letting you know you skipped some stuff.

I usually allow updating when episodes are skipped, but I do want to be sure I actually skipped something intentionally rather than a file simply being missing from the folder and me hitting "next file" in my player without realizing it or something, and don't always pay a lot of attention to what episode # I'm on so that I'd notice from that alone.
Jan 16, 2018 6:45 AM

Mar 2014
I started using "ask for confirmation on updates" but I find that I end up missing them because Taiga never brings it forward while I'm watching something. Any way to put Taiga in the foreground in these cases?
I have also noticed that Taiga doesn't come to the foreground when I click on the notifications for new torrents, thought it did that. Not entirely sure if this on my end or not.

Been messing with it and it looks like:
-If playing in fullscreen, you'll only see the notice after you exit.
This is mostly what I'd like changed because I might go through several episodes without leaving fullscreen and end up missing the confirmations (and I like recording each episode).
-If Taiga is minimized to tray then it seems like the confirmation menu will pop up in front of everything (once you leave fullscreen)
-If Taiga is open then the taskbar icon will flash and you have to go to Taiga to get the confirmation menu
Personally I think the 2 points above should be consistent in behavior if possible, I'd prefer the former where the confirmation menu always pops up in front of everything (opening Taiga on its own when it's minimized to tray doesn't sound like a good idea).
Paulo27Jan 16, 2018 8:40 AM
Feb 20, 2018 5:30 PM

Nov 2012
I just started using the app and LOVE IT!

What would be helpful for me is if one of the columns available in the UI was my tags. For example, I use my tags to mark what streaming service I'll find a series on, so being able to seeing that at a glance/sort by service would be very helpful.

(Alternatively, a column that just flat out shows streaming services and links to them would be great, but I have a feeling this would be a pain to keep up to date, right?)
Mar 2, 2018 11:31 AM
Apr 2013
i dont know if it was asked before.
but would be nice to add a quick view on the main screen where you see the amount of episodes and all. the genre of the anime. main one atleast of do like 2-3 rubiks of the sub genres.
i hope you can add this since for my self atleast i download from rss and dont have time to swiping out stuff. but i dont really like sports and music animes. and i want to know them before i start doing checks up.

also if you can maybe make the episode search more accurate. i dont know why but some animes i can find the episodes and some not.

edit:
oh and maybe if its also possible. a rubik that show if its a sequl and what the status of the previes show (watched dropped score)
erezdMar 2, 2018 12:56 PM
Mar 6, 2018 7:50 PM

May 2014
First of all i want to say thank you for this wonderful program.
Im not sure whether this is already implemented or not, but is it possible for your "anime list" to show thumbnails just like in the "seasons" section? i think that would be nice
Mar 16, 2018 12:13 PM

May 2009
tbh i would prefer if fansubs didnt show up in discord's rich presence thingy
"anime name
episode number/total" looks so much cleaner
"by Fansub..." often gets cut-off anyway
Mar 29, 2018 7:19 PM
Feb 2010
Noticed Taiga tried to snatch a .exe file from the torrent plugin, that kind of thing should probably be filtered out by default, kind of dangerous... If I had just clicked "play next episode" on that series without noticing would Taiga have launched the .exe and infected me with whatever malware that was?

Might be good to filter out such things by default, there's probably no good reason to allow the torrent plugin to snatch an .exe in the first place, and the program should also only launch valid media files I think if it's not already configured to do so. For now easy enough to just set a filter "discard files ending in .exe" for myself but thought it might be good to bring it to your attention.
Mar 29, 2018 7:36 PM

Mar 2014
OrangeFlavored said:
Noticed Taiga tried to snatch a .exe file from the torrent plugin, that kind of thing should probably be filtered out by default, kind of dangerous... If I had just clicked "play next episode" on that series without noticing would Taiga have launched the .exe and infected me with whatever malware that was?

Might be good to filter out such things by default, there's probably no good reason to allow the torrent plugin to snatch an .exe in the first place, and the program should also only launch valid media files I think if it's not already configured to do so. For now easy enough to just set a filter "discard files ending in .exe" for myself but thought it might be good to bring it to your attention.
Taiga would never execute that file because it wouldn't recognize it as an episode (because it'd have a .exe extension). It'd still download it to the folder though.
I believe Taiga also does checks to make sure a file is an actual video. You can test this by taking a random .exe file you have and renaming it to something Taiga could recognize (and changing the extension to .mkv even) and you'll see Taiga now recognizes it as an episode because it's a .mkv file but won't play it (giving the error that said episode doesn't exist even though it has it marked as existing).
Taiga also can't read the contents of the torrent, say it's a torrent named "Something.exe" then Taiga could recognize it but if it was just "Something" when the file inside is actually "Something.exe" then Taiga would have no way of knowing.
Plus, there's at least one series (Rockman.EXE, specifically) which could be affected by something like this.
Mar 29, 2018 7:37 PM
Feb 2010
Paulo27 said:
OrangeFlavored said:

Taiga would never execute that file because it wouldn't recognize it as an episode (because it'd have a .exe extension). It'd still download it to the folder though.
I believe Taiga also does checks to make sure a file is an actual video. You can test this by taking a random .exe file you have and renaming it to something Taiga could recognize (and changing the extension to .mkv even) and you'll see Taiga now recognizes it as an episode because it's a .mkv file but won't play it (giving the error that said episode doesn't exist even though it has it marked as existing).
Taiga also can't read the contents of the torrent, say it's a torrent named "Something.exe" then Taiga could recognize it but if it was just "Something" when the file inside is actually "Something.exe" then Taiga would have no way of knowing.
Plus, there's at least one series (Rockman.EXE, specifically) which could be affected by something like this.

Ah ok, well good that Taiga wouldn't execute it at least, that's the main thing that seemed scary to me since it's not like I usually check the folder before clicking play next...
Apr 2, 2018 1:44 PM

Apr 2012
Cashdax said:
Any chance of a discord support? I found (and used it before) with Taiga and it worked.

Well it's kinda dead now
I would like this as well.
Apr 5, 2018 10:32 AM

May 2009
casualpleb said:
Cashdax said:

Well it's kinda dead now

it's on 1.3 which has been officially released today - and it was avaiable on the beta version for a while too.
Apr 10, 2018 4:26 PM

Nov 2007
Paulo27 said:
Have you seen this, erengy?
https://jikan.me/

It's nice, but I'd rather not use unofficial APIs in Taiga. Besides, MAL is now working on a new official API. Taiga will make use of that once it becomes ready for public consumption (hopefully sometime this year).
Apr 10, 2018 5:05 PM

Feb 2010
protoplasm said:
casualpleb said:

it's on 1.3 which has been officially released today - and it was avaiable on the beta version for a while too.
Dude look at the post date
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Apr 10, 2018 6:01 PM

May 2009
Cashdax said:
protoplasm said:

Dude look at the post date.

dude look at MY post date - why are you quoting me 5 days later just to tell me this? and i clearly saw the post date when i replied to that person. i quoted them (on the same day erengy released 1.3) so they would know 1.3 is out with the feature they desired in case they missed it.
deimoscodeApr 10, 2018 6:22 PM
Apr 26, 2018 8:40 PM

Jul 2015
Hi! I really love the app and I've been using it for couple of years now but I've just tried testing the auto Sharing function a month ago. I think it's really awesome that I can have automatic SNS updates like MAL does and with even more customization.

I just want to request though, if it would be possible, to add a variable for what season an anime premiered in (i.e. Summer 2017 for Tsurezure Children).

I've started catching up to seasonal anime and would really appreciate this.

Thanks!

"There’s one last thing you should never forget, Issei. Even a Pawn can take down the King."
Apr 30, 2018 7:24 PM

Aug 2015
Hi, I've just discovered this amazing piece of work by accident, and I would like to notify a mojor problem, there is no option to actually clear the cache of the app and start fresh and new.

Have a nice day !
May 1, 2018 12:53 PM

Mar 2014
Zalphyx said:
Hi, I've just discovered this amazing piece of work by accident, and I would like to notify a mojor problem, there is no option to actually clear the cache of the app and start fresh and new.

Have a nice day !
There's an option to restore the settings in the settings menu. Not sure what else you'd want to reset.
May 1, 2018 12:59 PM

Aug 2015
Paulo27 said:
Zalphyx said:

Have a nice day !
There's an option to restore the settings in the settings menu. Not sure what else you'd want to reset.

The content of the list on the PC
May 1, 2018 3:02 PM

Mar 2014
Zalphyx said:
Paulo27 said:

The content of the list on the PC
But why? If you just refresh the list then you'll get an updated one, why exactly do you want to clear it? If you just want to have no list then type a wrong username and password.
May 15, 2018 10:48 PM

Dec 2016
Hello! I have a small feature request.

So Discord Rich Presence is working perfectly. However, I was wondering if you could add an advanced option to change the Discord API Client ID. Its possible to edit it by recompiling, but I've taken to just using a Hex editor to edit the exe itself.

By making my own Discord developer application, I've been able to change the name and images displayed by Rich Presence. Here's an example of what I'm talking about.
May 24, 2018 10:48 AM
Jul 2018
Im sorry if someone has already ask it before, can we have have studio column so we can sort list by the studio? As always, thanks for the hardwork.
May 26, 2018 4:17 PM

Mar 2014
Jazz said:
Im sorry if someone has already ask it before, can we have have studio column so we can sort list by the studio? As always, thanks for the hardwork.
This currently isn't available information. However, MAL is reworking their API, so it might be possible in the future.
Dec 24, 2018 7:44 AM
Jul 2018
I Believe someone already asked this but, do you plan to add Manga List?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (13) « First ... « 11 12 [13]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Recognition problems ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

erengy - Jun 3, 2010

300 by Xeroeth »»
Aug 9, 2021 2:24 PM

» any new news on Taiga working?

xDreww - Nov 23, 2019

5 by cHowaito »»
Jul 28, 2021 6:25 AM

Sticky: » Bug reports, general problems ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

erengy - Jun 3, 2010

1122 by DeFF »»
Jun 23, 2021 10:53 PM

» Dark theme?

Hyoretsu - Dec 12, 2019

1 by Squirt_lel »»
Jul 14, 2020 6:59 AM

» Error when synchronizing list (Since MAL API Update)

dadnaya - May 24, 2018

20 by xDreww »»
Nov 23, 2019 5:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.