Forum Settings
Forums

Miss Marvel: Muslim superhero film 'in the works', Marvel says

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
May 18, 2018 12:55 PM
Feb 2018
Hey anime got its fare share of lolis, fujos etc but at least they are not as cancerous as current western movies/comics.
May 18, 2018 2:00 PM
Jul 2018
DrGeroCreation said:
Kamala made her debut in the Avengers anime already. Funny how I don't here weeaboo cunts on Mal crying about that. Typical hypocrite scum.

CROP

It's because she's cute.

May 18, 2018 2:09 PM

Feb 2010
SupremeEdgelord said:
DrGeroCreation said:
Kamala made her debut in the Avengers anime already. Funny how I don't here weeaboo cunts on Mal crying about that. Typical hypocrite scum.

CROP

It's because she's cute.

Doesn't not make them a hypocrite
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

May 18, 2018 2:11 PM
Jul 2018
hazarddex said:
SupremeEdgelord said:

It's because she's cute.

Doesn't not make them a hypocrite

The joke -------->

your head
May 18, 2018 2:40 PM

May 2009
Really looking forward to the new MCU movies. It is sounding pretty damn swell with Captain and now ms. Marvel.

Edit: I have been scrolling through this topic, to believe so many are bothered by diversity in the media is downright sad.
May 18, 2018 3:19 PM

Nov 2008
Anti-Agelast said:
-Placeholder- said:

It's not society's values because most people don't care about having a black, gay, transsexual etc. main character in their movie.

Black, gay and transsexual people are part of society too, and they care about these things.

They just want to watch a good movie and don't care about "minority issues".

These two things aren't mutually exclusive.

And I don't mind propaganda, the problem is when you sneak your propaganda in to mediums where it doesn't belong, like super hero movies.

Politics have been in comics books since their conception. Who are you to say they don't belong there?

Marxism has shifted from being anti-capitalist (since that form of Marxism has failed so many times) to instead a culturally-relativist view that targets the cultural norms of Western society. For example, things like Whiteness, gender roles, morality and religion are targeted.

Minority races, gender roles, and religions getting a more prominent role in society isn't putting any of these things you mentioned under attack.

If you didn't understand this, then it wouldn't make sense that the Left would be such strong supported of Islam, despite the ideology going against everything they purport to stand for.

You can support Muslims and their right to practice their religion without believing in everything that religion does, you know.

SJWs have been hijacked by Islamists for years and they support them and some SJWs have said Islam is a feminist religion, when it's anything but feminist.

May 19, 2018 12:20 AM

Apr 2011
I'll watch it only if the hero's power is to blow up
May 19, 2018 2:37 AM

Oct 2014
Shoryuuken said:
Really looking forward to the new MCU movies. It is sounding pretty damn swell with Captain and now ms. Marvel.

Edit: I have been scrolling through this topic, to believe so many are bothered by diversity in the media is downright sad.

The problem is not Diversity.
The comics industry has been a dick towards others inculding their own fans who have a different ideoligy and such.
It's an industry where you might be blacklisted for being right wing....
Just search up Jawbreakers, a series that had a indigogo campaign only to be smeared by comic book pros because it was made by right wing ppl and the one who is also known as "Diversity&Comics" on Youtube.

The ppl here don't hate diversity at all, they just hate the dicks and such that push for it.

The fans here just want something good to read or watch, but the Marvel comics right now are just poorly written from what I have heard
BourmegarMay 19, 2018 2:43 AM
May 19, 2018 3:00 AM

Oct 2014
SupremeEdgelord said:
DrGeroCreation said:

CROP

It's because she's cute.

@DrGeroCreation or is it because NOBODY is talking about the Avengers Anime in General?
The Anime is not even close to popularity.

But true she looks really cute
May 19, 2018 3:42 AM

May 2009
Bourmegar said:
Shoryuuken said:

The comics industry has been a dick towards others inculding their own fans who have a different ideoligy and such.
Just search up Jawbreakers, a series that had a indigogo campaign only to be smeared by comic book pros because it was made by right wing ppl and the one who is also known as "Diversity&Comics" on Youtube.

The ppl here don't hate diversity at all, they just hate the dicks and such that push for it.

The fans here just want something good to read or watch, but the Marvel comics right now are just poorly written from what I have heard

It's that people over-complicate things, we are 2018; a time of creativity, acceptance and openness. And if a movie about a Muslim superhero is upcoming I embrace it, every person needs self worth. Often Muslims are depicted as terrorists and cruel people, I think ms. Marvel is a step in the right direction.

Black Panther really did a lot for the people of my culture, there is alot of confidence and a lot of people have a Black superhero to look up to. A person in the media whom we can relate to. Variety is something I always wanted in Hollywood, centuries we have been depicted as criminals, evildoers etc. We are over that time, over that time that the hero is "Fully American and kickass"

We are not limited with white people anymore, even if it is "pushed" (Which I heavily doubt) I am very excited for the future of Hollywood. And fucking tired of the continuous white washing of characters (Which is actually pushed).
May 19, 2018 4:10 AM

Oct 2014
Shoryuuken said:
Bourmegar said:

It's that people over-complicate things, we are 2018; a time of creativity, acceptance and openness. And if a movie about a Muslim superhero is upcoming I embrace it, every person needs self worth. Often Muslims are depicted as terrorists and cruel people, I think ms. Marvel is a step in the right direction.

Black Panther really did a lot for the people of my culture, there is alot of confidence and a lot of people have a Black superhero to look up to. A person in the media whom we can relate to. Variety is something I always wanted in Hollywood, centuries we have been depicted as criminals, evildoers etc. We are over that time, over that time that the hero is "Fully American and kickass"

We are not limited with white people anymore, even if it is "pushed" (Which I heavily doubt) I am very excited for the future of Hollywood. And fucking tired of the continuous white washing of characters (Which is actually pushed).

And that is good but Black Panther was not the first one, Blade came like a decade and a half before Civil War and such.

Again Diversity is not a problem but there are ppl who push that in the wrong way that includes toxicity and such.

And there were great movies that depicted Racism and such like American History X and stuff.
But nobody complained about these movies.
Heck nobody complained about X-being about fighting prejudice and such....
May 19, 2018 4:21 AM

May 2009
Bourmegar said:
Shoryuuken said:

And that is good but Black Panther was not the first one, Blade came like a decade and a half before Civil War and such.

Again Diversity is not a problem but there are ppl who push that in the wrong way that includes toxicity and such.

And there were great movies that depicted Racism and such like American History X and stuff.

Blade did not have a relatable black character, at all. Sure Wesley Snipes was black, however the culture around Blade certainly not African.

Everyone cared about American History X, it had enough gross to call it a huge success.

Black Panther was the first superhero movie, made and written by Africans which as result presented us with an Afro-Futuristic Africa whilst having respect for the culture and an important message it gave to us. It wasn't just a movie, it spoke to us and that is something someone from a different ethnicity will never understand, it also had an all black cast, another reason why it was so hyped. Combine that with All the Stars of SZA and Kendrick Lamar and you have a lot of people cheering and crying from happiness from people who thought that being black is bad. It's a group that went through and is still going through alot of obstacles, especially in the USA.

X-Men their leaders Xavier and Magneto themselves are based off Martin Luther King (Xavier) and Malcolm X (Magneto) their methods anyway. It's known since the beginning.

ShoryuukenMay 19, 2018 4:25 AM
May 19, 2018 4:54 AM

Aug 2015
Yes, let's concentrate on religion, gender and the ethnicity of superheroes, because that's what makes superheroes interesting, right? What the fuck is happening.
May 19, 2018 5:06 AM

May 2009
Corvus8 said:
Yes, let's concentrate on religion, gender and the ethnicity of superheroes, because that's what makes superheroes interesting, right? What the fuck is happening.

What's happening is that people are exposing their shallow personality and how bothered they are if a company broaden their horizon. Superheroes are interesting through their origins, ideals, norms and values. It's a formula that can work with anything, so why not use that anything? People complain that Marvels are samey anyway.
May 19, 2018 5:36 AM

Nov 2014
Why are they making a movie about this crappy and unpopular character? she has no interesting stories to her name and can't even get 14k in sales, by all rights she should have been cancelled by now.
Forum Signature
May 19, 2018 6:27 AM

Oct 2014
Shoryuuken said:
Bourmegar said:

Blade did not have a relatable black character, at all. Sure Wesley Snipes was black, however the culture around Blade certainly not African.

Everyone cared about American History X, it had enough gross to call it a huge success.

Black Panther was the first superhero movie, made and written by Africans which as result presented us with an Afro-Futuristic Africa whilst having respect for the culture and an important message it gave to us. It wasn't just a movie, it spoke to us and that is something someone from a different ethnicity will never understand, it also had an all black cast, another reason why it was so hyped. Combine that with All the Stars of SZA and Kendrick Lamar and you have a lot of people cheering and crying from happiness from people who thought that being black is bad. It's a group that went through and is still going through alot of obstacles, especially in the USA.

X-Men their leaders Xavier and Magneto themselves are based off Martin Luther King (Xavier) and Malcolm X (Magneto) their methods anyway. It's known since the beginning.

And add the fact that many ppl liked Black Panther as well just like Wonder Woman.

As long as the movie is deemed as good, ppl will not complain.
So coming back to ms Marvel, it is pretty dam stupid of ppl to say that it will be bad and propaganda and blablabla before the movie even gets a trailer.
Don't sell the Bearhide before the Bear is shot...
May 19, 2018 10:40 AM

Oct 2017
Lost_Viking said:
Ramzee said:
Yeah lets celebrate women discriminating against themselves!!
The funny thing is this won't just piss off the non-soy-drinking Marvel fans that were already alienated by diversity quotas but it'll piss off traditional/conservative Muslims as well.

1337Taste said:
This going to be the Oscar worthy material. No doubt about it.

Black Panther was their best movie yet, but this is going to be leagues better.

Anyone else excited for this?
Is this a joke? Black Panther sucked so bad I had to quit watching it less than 20 minutes in.
Yeah maybe for you but it actually was amazing.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 19, 2018 11:20 AM
Jun 2015
Iriamu-Dono said:
Lost_Viking said:
The funny thing is this won't just piss off the non-soy-drinking Marvel fans that were already alienated by diversity quotas but it'll piss off traditional/conservative Muslims as well.

Is this a joke? Black Panther sucked so bad I had to quit watching it less than 20 minutes in.

It's funny, no one is calling out black panther for having a practically all black cast yet they call hollywood racist if they don't change main characters races to black.
May 19, 2018 11:27 AM

Oct 2017
Eight-Man said:
Iriamu-Dono said:

It's funny, no one is calling out black panther for having a practically all black cast yet they call Hollywood racist if they don't change main characters races to black.
Honestly that stuff is pure bs. People who try to find racism in every single thing is annoying. It even happens in anime. If there aren't many black people they just say it's racist. It's pathetic honestly..

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 19, 2018 11:32 AM

Jul 2015
I'm still waiting for the 1st Transgender superhero, although I suspect that has probably already been done in some manga series already.
May 19, 2018 10:07 PM

Feb 2010
PeppermintHearts said:
I'm still waiting for the 1st Transgender superhero, although I suspect that has probably already been done in some manga series already.
yes its called genderbent tag.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

May 20, 2018 5:54 PM
Feb 2018
Eight-Man said:
Iriamu-Dono said:

It's funny, .

Not really, black panther takes place in Africa and is the only black-super hero movie in a sea of white ones. You right wing suck at equivalency.
May 20, 2018 7:13 PM
Jun 2015
AdolChri said:
Eight-Man said:

It's funny, .

Not really, black panther takes place in Africa and is the only black-super hero movie in a sea of white ones. You right wing suck at equivalency.

Classifying it as "black-super hero movie" is wrong in itself. You shouldn't make movies just because there should be one for this race or for that gender. Leave it alone. Everyone making it a race deal is just stupid, and it's even more stupid when they call others racist for calling out their racism.
May 21, 2018 2:54 AM
Feb 2018
Eight-Man said:
AdolChri said:

Classifying it as "black-super hero movie" is wrong in itself. You shouldn't make movies just because there should be one for this race or for that gender. Leave it alone. Everyone making it a race deal is just stupid, and it's even more stupid when they call others racist for calling out their racism.

Nope, since it triggers snowflake racists.
May 21, 2018 4:05 AM
Jun 2015
AdolChri said:
Eight-Man said:

So celebrating it as black culture and denying whites from attending the movie and "supposedly" beating them for doing so is not racist? The left is the most hypocritical bunch.

Yall just can't keep your nose out of anything can you? Lol. (Referencing a black meme, but it fits perfectly for the left too)
May 21, 2018 7:24 AM
Sep 2011
Despite their claims that SJWs have thin skins, a simple casting decision or superhero film is enough to trigger even the most stalwart among the ranks of the alt-right. I remember this same uproar at least as early as the "Black Heimdall" controversy -- maybe even before. Short of sticking to generic shounen heroes, you folks have got some rough days ahead, I'm afraid.
May 21, 2018 7:36 AM

Apr 2011
Eight-Man said:

So celebrating it as black culture and denying whites from attending the movie and "supposedly" beating them for doing so is not racist? The left is the most hypocritical bunch.

Yall just can't keep your nose out of anything can you? Lol. (Referencing a black meme, but it fits perfectly for the left too)

Nope, black people cannot be racist. You should know that by now
May 21, 2018 1:52 PM
Jun 2015
Valaskjalf said:
Eight-Man said:

Nope, black people cannot be racist. You should know that by now

Oh yeah, you're right. Excuse my privilege.
May 21, 2018 2:35 PM

Jun 2011
Shoryuuken said:
Bourmegar said:

oh marvel did push the diversity agenda hard (in the comics),even going as far as insinuating that poor sales were due to racism/sexism instead of poorly implemented diversity attempts (which there was a lot of backlash so they had to take that back)

And most of the (enter race)washing seems to be getting rid of white people,happened enough times to redheads in particular to be a joke online, and it seems to actually be something that is asked for at times (i.e. iron fist).
May 21, 2018 2:39 PM

Aug 2016
ihatebishoujos said:
Hey anime got its fare share of lolis, fujos etc but at least they are not as cancerous as current western movies/comics.

sexualizing cartoon kids > muslim superhero

those are some interesting priorities you got there, friendo
People who put MAL stats in their sigs are losers lol
May 21, 2018 3:30 PM

Apr 2017
Marvel has finally realized they need to cater to other demographics to gain more $$$

Can't believe it took them this long to figure it out

As long as it's a good movie, I don't really care. I'm starting to get bored of super hero movies
May 21, 2018 3:46 PM

May 2018
If they could simply do great superhero, whatever their beliefs or skin color, it would be nice. I fucking don't mind who is the main character if they deliver a good and enjoyable movie.

But most of the time, we'll just get a propaganda movie because they are from minority and it's boring.
May 21, 2018 7:12 PM

Apr 2011
Psyotic said:
ihatebishoujos said:

sexualizing cartoon kids > muslim superhero

those are some interesting priorities you got there, friendo

Dude did you even pay attention to the plot ? the loli clearly stated she's 5000 years old.
May 21, 2018 7:16 PM

Oct 2017
I think it's a little odd how the women are kinda discriminating against themselves but if people want to celebrate it then that's them.
May 22, 2018 8:55 AM
Feb 2018
Eight-Man said:
AdolChri said:

So celebrating it as black culture and denying whites from attending the movie and "supposedly" beating them for doing so is not racist?

lmao, what is this? Some nutjobs did it (maybe, we can't trust people like you) and what? How is this relevant to black panther? Are you responsible for all the white people being racist and beating black people every day? You are literally strawmanning.

A snowflake AND a professional victim.

The left is the most hypocritical bunch.

I think think you know what hypocrisy is, which is expected given you are alt-rigth.
May 22, 2018 2:15 PM

Oct 2017
Love the MCU, will watch anything as long as they keep delivering. Lots of racists in this comment section though
May 23, 2018 1:05 AM

Aug 2013
Eight-Man said:
Classifying it as "black-super hero movie" is wrong in itself.
Nothing wrong about classifying it as that since the majority of superheros are white.

Eight-Man said:
You shouldn't make movies just because there should be one for this race or for that gender. Leave it alone.
Black Panther existed since the 60's in the comics, since the 90's in cartoons and has always been an off and on member of the Avengers. The BP movie wasn't made because BP is black but because he is an Avengers member and was introduced previously in Civil War.

Eight-Man said:
So celebrating it as black culture and denying whites from attending the movie and "supposedly" beating them for doing so is not racist?
LMAO. No one white was denied from seeing the movie or beaten for seeing it, nice propaganda.

https://www.vox.com/culture/2018/2/16/17020230/black-panther-movie-theater-attacks-fake-trolls

May 23, 2018 1:30 AM

Dec 2017
If it's a Based female Assad supporter fighting against US/Israeli imperialism and ISIS, then I'm down.

Yes, I'm sure that's exactly what Hollywood is going to put out. It definitely won't be some retarded feminist version of Islam that has no basis in reality.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.