Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2009 8:05 PM

Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Now let's hope this show follows LOGH's suit and gets its subsequent seasons.

*prays*
Sep 28, 2009 2:58 PM

Feb 2009
Remus inferiority complex got bigger when the people seems to prefer Naris and Rinda. For the rest I still need translation to understand Guin and Itvan conversation what they are fighting about.

LOL even Sunie got dress up for Remus coronation

Meeting and separation they better give us another season kuso!!!
Oct 9, 2009 4:31 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Oh man, I can't believe they actually showed glimpse of one of the archmages in one of the mountains. These powerful often immortal beings are like the Istari from Lord of the Rings (i.e. Gandalf). There are white archmages and black archmages (such as Yandal, the dragonrace mage) He was in the trailer as well, but it's too early for them to play a role in the story. Very unfortunate.

Remus is being possessed by Kar-Mol and Rinda can sense the ominous future of the Kingdom of Parros under Remus' dark reign.

Good closure episode. Guin's journey to the north (to Cheironia) is going to be epic but we aren't going to see the anime adaptation very soon. (let's pray for it to happen)

9/10

If it weren't for the extremely rushed pace and sometimes weird animation, it would have gotten a 10.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 8, 2009 1:29 PM

Oct 2007
wakka9ca said:
If it weren't for the extremely rushed pace and sometimes weird animation, it would have gotten a 10.
THIS. And everything you said above.

TBH, I could watch this series for another 10+ seasons. I don't mind at all. Give it to me and I will watch it.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Nov 8, 2009 3:21 PM

Aug 2008
Loved it.
The show just got better with every episode. Once again, Amnelis bounces back and learns from her mistakes while being honest with herself and her feelings for Naris. I really didn't see Istovan being so frustrated with his future that he would turn against Guin, but he did. That kind of desperation does not bode well for his future, and has more to do with his bringing ruin to those around him more than anything else.

So many great elements of drama on display in this episode surrounding Remus' modest return to Crystal. I loved that everyone was cheering for Aldo Naris and Rinda, but not him. Remus huddled underneath the massive portraits of his parents was such a provoking piece of imagery that I almost began to second guess my thoughts on him. But alack! I was right! I never felt so vindicated as when Rinda jumped out of her seat in fright of Kar-Mol evil aura in jubilance of Remus' coronation.

This is one of the best shows of the year. I had it at a 7 before this episode, and I question whether or not it deserves a 9. I'll be thinking about if for the next few weeks.

Satelight needs to continue this tale, or it would be the biggest failure of the anime industry this decade (counting Endless Eight).
Nov 8, 2009 5:42 PM

Jul 2009
YEHA!!! Finally!!! Guin confessed his burning passionate love to Istovan: "SUKEH DAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!", exactly what I need for the closure: Love between 2 muscle man embracing each other passionately then one got FALCON PWNCHED in teh face.

Well, that scene kinda remained me of Guts & Mr. Gayass though Istovan was less gay for the better....;p

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Nov 8, 2009 5:52 PM

Aug 2008
I'm sorry, nothing will match the epic sexiness of Guts and Griffith.
Nov 8, 2009 7:12 PM

Jul 2007
Whos Kar-Mol again lol?

Wow .. watching this last episode felt like this was just the beginning, as if the story was just beginning , makes me really wish there was another season...

I agree with Siva, would watch this if they made like another 10 seasons.
Nov 8, 2009 11:22 PM

Jul 2008
finally its subbed. so remus is possessed apparently, huh? and leaves a lot for a sequel, hope it comes out soon, or at least some news
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Nov 9, 2009 1:29 AM

Sep 2007
Really perfect to achieve this anime. :)
Nov 9, 2009 3:36 AM

Jun 2008
It didn't seem like it was the final episode at all...
I hope there gonna be a sequel soon.
Nov 9, 2009 4:26 AM

Oct 2007
noteDhero said:
But alack! I was right! I never felt so vindicated as when Rinda jumped out of her seat in fright of Kar-Mol evil aura in jubilance of Remus' coronation.

That was the most epicness moment of Remus for the whole season LOL

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Nov 9, 2009 5:51 AM

Mar 2008
The show started with an 10/10 for me. After a while it went down to 7/10. Now, with the last episode it's really not worth more then a 5.
Nov 9, 2009 6:48 AM

Jan 2008
The ED song was so beautiful that it was painfully sad to see this end. There's a lot of room for a continuation. There's no news yet about it though...and it made me sad even more. :(
Nov 9, 2009 7:49 AM
Nov 2009
OMFG why the heck is this the end???!?!?!! i mean come on... i was watching the episode with every ounce of patience that gaming left me, but right at the end when guin left and mister 'i got a big beard but i wont allow you to see it' comes into play, a big WTF mark appeared over my head, followed only by dots.......................

i will do bad stuff to those who do not permit the next season.

oh and btw guin rly needs some stronger opponents because exept for the demon guy he had no competition at allll
Nov 9, 2009 8:49 AM

Jan 2009
I have a feeling it'll never happen, but i'd give anything for a sequel. There's so much content, so it wouldn't be difficult at all.

Nonetheless, it was a great series and i'm sad it's over ;_;
Nov 9, 2009 2:55 PM

Dec 2008
makes me wana start reading the manga, unfortunately since the death of the author, theres no ending, not that I'd even get to/near the end of whats been written anytime soon. Hope a 2nd season comes out. but if this goes up to vol16 n theres lil more then 129 vols, then thats alota seasons lol which is good for me.
Nov 11, 2009 1:24 AM
Nov 2008
Ok,so definitely needs a second season.Too bad the author never completed the story , nevertheless , there is a lot of story material , so second season is a must.I will give this series an 8 , maybe it deserved a 9 , not a 10 , but nontheless , a good series worth watching.
Nov 11, 2009 4:43 PM

Jan 2009
Never have I ever seen such resolve in a last episode. It was truly something else. With a title like "A Journey Begins", it seem appropriate how the overall feel of the episode felt like that.

Like I said before, Guin Saga is certainly deserving of subsequent seasons.

Also wakka, stop spoiling people of details in the novels. It was uncertain of where Guin would end up until you told everyone.
Nov 14, 2009 11:52 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
DeadBonesBrook said:

Also wakka, stop spoiling people of details in the novels. It was uncertain of where Guin would end up until you told everyone.

No, Guin said in the anime he is going north, across the mountains. And that's where Cheironia is:

bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 14, 2009 8:58 PM
Apr 2008
There just so much more that needs to be explain and the final episode is more of like a beginning episode than a final episode. Please let there be another season.
Nov 15, 2009 8:45 PM

Jan 2009
wakka, he mentioned there would be two places in the north that he might end up in.
Nov 16, 2009 5:53 AM
Sep 2007
Pls......More Saga of Guin!!!!
Nov 25, 2009 8:23 PM
Sep 2007
I don't think we will see a second season, I really liked Guin Saga, but it could of been way better. If they didn't tame it so much, it could of been super epic. I really like the first part but the second part was just a big let down. Also with the death of the author and no ending, I don't see anyone wanting to put more money into it, if didn't get super awesome ratings in Japan, its over. Dam it, I had such high hopes for this anime :(
Hi
Nov 26, 2009 2:28 AM

Jun 2008
The anime proved to be a lot better than what i originally thought but it pulled another Berserk at us and unfortunately this time nether the manga will save us since that's unfinished too.
Am still wondering if no one is going to finish it.

I loved this last episode though and the song at the end while showing everyone was marvelous. So disappointing that we will never see or read the end of the story.
Dec 23, 2009 4:55 PM

Jul 2009
I hope that there is a sequel because this end do not answer to the tons of question...
Oct 23, 2010 3:10 PM
Oct 2010
guin saga is one of my top favorites, t've tried so hard to find a translation of the novels or some other way to know what happens next but so far no luck hope somebody finds a way
Oct 23, 2010 3:12 PM
Oct 2010
oh by the way wakka have you read the novels?
Oct 23, 2010 4:44 PM
Oct 2010
the anime stops at book 20 and i just downloaded book 20-27, can anyone help i need someone to translate it, or does anyone know how to translate text in pictures need respond asap thx.
Feb 20, 2011 7:27 PM
Jul 2008
Make season two.
Jul 22, 2011 1:19 PM

Aug 2008
liked this show, Loved Guin soo fun char moar pls :) his appearance in show thought us new way to set forest on fire oO haha that with helm was soo great.
Feb 13, 2012 3:17 PM
Apr 2010
even though i loved the show,I'm sort of glad it didn't get a second season,because I hear the aurthor died before completed the story?....yeah,not worth continuing if it will still remain uncomplete in the end
Sent with Mal Updater
Nov 18, 2012 12:41 PM

Sep 2008
I was about to drop it before reaching the half way mark, but I gave it another shot, and wow, I'm glad I did that cuz as NoteDhero said, it gets better with every episode. The last episode was the climax of the whole show, reaching the height of its emotionality. I just wish there was more, but its not going to happen. 12 kingdoms, serei no moribito, Berserk, Heroic Legends of Arslan, are they going to do this to every great fantasy series?...this is bullshit.
Excepting Berserk, the treatment meted out to adaptions of the genre just goes on to prove that the mainstream audience is not interested in mature epic fantasy anime, which is very surprising tbh, because Epic and high fantasy are among the best sub-genres of Fantasy.

Osianilist said:
even though i loved the show,I'm sort of glad it didn't get a second season,because I hear the aurthor died before completed the story?....yeah,not worth continuing if it will still remain uncomplete in the end
Sent with Mal Updater

yea well, this season only adopts 20 out of 100 plus novels, so there's nothing to be glad about. They can even finish the story using the author's notes, if they exist that is.
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Jan 19, 2013 11:53 PM
Apr 2011
i just finished this anime, it very good anime.
the artwork, the character, intrics, etc is very good.
too bad no sequel even after 4 year.

i give this anime score 9/10
Feb 23, 2013 5:35 PM

Nov 2011
So Remus becomes a grand king huh? Not bad for a kid who originally had no self confidence.

Pretty good series imo and I'm surprised @ how much I enjoyed this overall. I guess I felt a little sorry for Amnelis but otherwise, Guin and the other characters did their roles pretty well. I'm surprised Naris made it all the way through the series. I always saw him as the main antagonist of the show.

@the final question, I think that Guin is the light of the series.

8/10.
Feb 27, 2013 5:11 PM
Oct 2012
What a waste of my time.. no ending
Jan 22, 2014 3:04 AM

Feb 2011
There is an immeasurable potential here. I can see it but i couldn't watch it, if you know what i mean.
It was ruined by sloppy writing(on anime's writers part), NO good animation and forgettable soundtrack.
I'm left unsatisfied compeletely... Now, I'm interested in light novels... But i know there is no way i'll read them. This sucks :(
Jan 26, 2014 9:54 PM

Dec 2010
Classic, yet another un-finished story.
Jun 14, 2014 12:55 PM

May 2012
Very good anime. I wish if them make another season !!
May 25, 2015 4:48 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I can definitely see what all the fuss is about. It's a grand epic story, with some very good characters. Unfortunately, it will never have a sequel, since it's been some years now and the industry is moving in another direction where this kind of fantasy tale won't find place or funding. A shame the novels will never be translated too.

I must admit that at some points the show felt a bit rushed and halfway through it lagged a bit. But as soon as Norisse came along, things really picked up. A wonderfully wicked and resourceful protagonist.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 28, 2015 6:40 PM
Dec 2014
kie_ said:
It didn&#039;t seem like it was the final episode at all... <br />
I hope there gonna be a sequel soon.

Ha ha ha ha ha! Yeah I guess there won't be.

Another anime that only serves as advertising for the LN/manga. But I knew that going in and I don't regret watching this show, god knows fantasy anime is dead.
Jan 12, 2016 3:01 PM

Oct 2013
This series is great, the ending was also great. This series will probably never get a full adaption or even a full novel translation. That's the sad thing about this series, I probably will never get to know the ending of this wonderful series. 9/10.
May 30, 2017 2:16 PM

Feb 2017
Well just finished this and left wondering a lot of things, has anyone read past this? Would you know the fate of Amnelis? Rinda?
May 31, 2017 9:36 AM

Dec 2013
Sadly no 2nd season, hate being cut off like this.
★ Code Geass ★
May 18, 2018 5:43 AM

Jul 2008
I hate shows that just end in the middle like this. It also felt so rushed toward the end.

Maybe the dub is what really tainted it for me but it gets a 5/10. Just no real resolution to anything or any character and a really dumb Istavan fight at the end.
May 18, 2018 10:06 AM

Dec 2015
WolfWood37 said:
I hate shows that just end in the middle like this.

"In the middle" ? XD It's more like in the introduction of the beginning of a litterature saga who will never ends (because its author died).
More seriously, didn't you notice the huge number of books of the original series? A tV show, even full length like this one, could have never adapted the entirety of it. (and even then, it would have no end).

@Wolfwood37 I see. (Not manga, it's a fantasy novels saga who aimed to reach 100tomes but eventually went further than 130.)
The way the TV show was described in a TV report on NHKW a few weeks before the series aired, the director and other staff members sounded more like they were making an hommage to a cornerstone of the modern japanese fantasy (you could say this, Arslan and the Lodoss universe novels to a lesser extent are the "fathers" of the japanese vein) and choose to animate the prologue of the saga (the tigee-headed man's beginnings) simply to tell "how it all began". (I remember sthem calling it a demonstration of love or something like that.
Rei_IIIMay 18, 2018 8:10 PM
May 18, 2018 2:22 PM

Jul 2008
Rei366 said:
WolfWood37 said:
I hate shows that just end in the middle like this.

"In the middle" ? XD It's more like in the introduction of the beginning of a litterature saga who will never ends (because its author died).
More seriously, didn't you notice the huge number of books of the original series? A tV show, even full length like this one, could have never adapted the entirety of it. (and even then, it would have no end).

I knew there was a manga but had no idea the size and scope of it nor about the death of the author.

If the anime had continued on I wouldn't have as much of an issue with the ending.
Jan 29, 2019 5:34 AM

Mar 2016
This is not the best story out there, but it is interesting enough for me to want new seasons. I know the books are incomplete, but the anime can have an original ending. Or maybe, the novels can be finished by some other author. Pretty sure the editor had some idea as to where the story was headed. (It's been almost ten years since the anime ended. I wonder if it'll ever continue.)

I was wondering about Remus' personality change. They made it look all supernatural, but then they acted like everything was normal. It had really confused me. I am glad this episode confirmed something supernatural is indeed going on.

When Suni spoke, I thought we were seeing things from Guin's perspective as he can understand the Sems. Apparently, she is quite capable of speaking. Why did she never speak before?

I thought the Japanese voices sounded weird in this anime, so mid way, I had watched its English version. Then, I laughed and laughed and laughed and came back and continued the Japanese version.
Jun 18, 2021 3:29 PM

Jun 2019
My 107th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 7/10 rating.
Aug 7, 2022 8:54 AM

Feb 2018
Remus is crowned as the new king. A bitter sweet goodbye between Istavan & Guin. Now Guin heads solo in order to find about his past, sucks that the anime ended at this
point..
Such a long series and we didn't even get to see past a quarter of its lenght. Hopefully one day we get a s2.. and hopefully it's more focused around Guin.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 15 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jul 12, 2009

27 by abystoma2 »»
Mar 13, 5:13 AM

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

wakka9ca - Apr 12, 2009

70 by MeanEYE »»
Jan 30, 7:24 PM

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 11 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 14, 2009

17 by Adam_R »»
Sep 25, 2023 9:08 PM

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 16 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jul 20, 2009

32 by nhkam »»
Sep 17, 2023 8:49 PM

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 9 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 1, 2009

24 by BaronLukis »»
Aug 20, 2023 4:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.