Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
Mar 10, 2017 12:12 PM

Sep 2016
maaaaaaaaan this was the definition of meeeeeeeeeeh
light 6/10
Objectivity doesn't exist. Subjectivity is an excuse. Beautiful world of online discourse.

Mar 11, 2017 1:29 PM

Nov 2016
I take my hat off. This is truly a masterpiece.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2017 1:07 AM

May 2013
Aaawww, I liked this movie! 9/10

Man, it was so depressing to see Okabe in the R Line World all alone without a single other soul. He was just sitting there by himself in the middle of the street. Everyone give Okarin all your virtual hugs ;A;

I'm glad Kurisu saved him and that she was his first kiss -^__^- cuties <3

I wish they made a movie starring Suzuha in her own world where she was a soldier fighting and escaping from SERN. Then at the end, it shows how she ends up at the original World Line Okarin started in at the beginning of the anime. That would've been amazinggggg!
Kokoro_KotashimaMar 21, 2017 1:11 AM
Mar 30, 2017 8:47 AM

Jun 2012
fantastic 10/10, gonna a write a review.
May 15, 2017 10:26 AM

Apr 2016
man what an amazing roller coster and the op song and the ed song is so good plus the gate of steiner ost man i love it so much . i wonder if the steins gate 0 will be adapted in the future .
"Mountains, beings, and nature's laws are bound by an arrangement, and within it, we live." -Mushishi Zoku Shou Suzu No Shizuku
Jun 16, 2017 9:29 AM

Aug 2014
if he gets hit by a car in 30/06/2005 then wouldn't that mean the scene where he hugged mayori isn't there anymore ? wouldn't that make the emotional scene that mayori talked about not exist and that it would change the world a lot ?
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Jun 16, 2017 1:25 PM

Feb 2016
Mezo-RPWPA said:
if he gets hit by a car in 30/06/2005 then wouldn't that mean the scene where he hugged mayori isn't there anymore ? wouldn't that make the emotional scene that mayori talked about not exist and that it would change the world a lot ?

Note that the movie isn't canon so a lot of stuff in it doesn't make much sense to the original. Take it more of a character progression story that builds more on the connection between Okabe and Kurisu than actual continuation.
Although no, that doesn't stop Okabe from caring about Mayuri.
Jun 16, 2017 1:48 PM

Aug 2014
Aquamirror said:
Mezo-RPWPA said:

Note that the movie isn't canon so a lot of stuff in it doesn't make much sense to the original. Take it more of a character progression story that builds more on the connection between Okabe and Kurisu than actual continuation.
Although no, that doesn't stop Okabe from caring about Mayuri.

i didn't know that it wasn't cannon so thanks for clearing that up , so did the studio make it on it's own without going back to the main author ?
anyway yes, he cares about her but that important scene doesn't happen at that time so even kristina shouldn't remember it as she forgets those stuff when she resets her world , but yeah that may happen later or he may comfort mayoshi any other time so i guess that doesn't make it a big flow in the story i guess

Jun 16, 2017 2:00 PM

Feb 2016
Mezo-RPWPA said:
i didn't know that it wasn't cannon so thanks for clearing that up , so did the studio make it on it's own without going back to the main author ?

Yes, that's correct. It's a new original story not from the actual creators.
Mezo-RPWPA said:
anyway yes, he cares about her but that important scene doesn't happen at that time so even kristina shouldn't remember it as she forgets those stuff when she resets her world , but yeah that may happen later or he may comfort mayoshi any other time so i guess that doesn't make it a big flow in the story i guess

If going by canon logic, all these changes in the past should have diverted the wordline from Steins Gate which would defeat the whole point of the series, so yeah, don't think much about time travel effects here. That doesn't necessarily make it an unenjoyable movie though.
Jun 16, 2017 2:28 PM

Aug 2014
Aquamirror said:
Mezo-RPWPA said:

Yes, that's correct. It's a new original story not from the actual creators.
Mezo-RPWPA said:

If going by canon logic, all these changes in the past should have diverted the wordline from Steins Gate which would defeat the whole point of the series, so yeah, don't think much about time travel effects here. That doesn't necessarily make it an unenjoyable movie though.

ok i guess i shouldn't really think much about it which is difficult to do but this is kinda disappointing that this original was much simpler to understand than the series

Jul 3, 2017 12:11 PM

Jun 2017
omg the ending was stupendous ,never expected much after being little disappointed with the ova, but it surpassed my expectations.The plot wasn't air tighted like the oscillation of okabe in the R and steins gate w.line,or how he attained the personality of kyouma in other timelines but it was emotionally draining and raised the bar so high that i wont be able to take the essence of any other anime without comparing it to SG.Need some time to cool off lol before picking any other series.Arigato SG for such a wonderful experience
bakakisimaJul 3, 2017 12:14 PM
Aug 29, 2017 8:03 AM
Jun 2014
Everything was good apart from the ever annoying modern tsundere Christina. It's supposed to be after the VN and the end of it all, and still they couldn't give her a bit of a loving word towards Okabe.

He's certainly going to have a tough time getting any sex out of her!
Aug 31, 2017 11:47 AM

Mar 2016
Stormen said:
Everything was good apart from the ever annoying modern tsundere Christina. It's supposed to be after the VN and the end of it all, and still they couldn't give her a bit of a loving word towards Okabe.

Movie is not canon. VN as source material ended on ep24.
Dec 14, 2017 2:57 PM

Oct 2015
It was good an the writer did a marvelous job in making this one but the series is still better. This time it was Kurisu's turn to save Okabe but she did alright but I hated her indecisive nature ( too much of a Tsundere), I still say her relationship is no no because they are not honest with each other and also they too different. But I liked the movie's plot and all those deja vu moments, but it was strange Mayuri wasn't the most person to remember Okabe since they were so close. I guess they just went with the Kurisu route since she was perfect for the role.

Anyway 7/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Mar 17, 2018 3:52 AM

Jan 2015
Wow, I didn't expect to rate this movie high. The first half was a bit boring but later this was so emotional, It made me cry, but I didn't. I watch this movie as the Steins;Gate 0 is near. Overall 9/10.
Mar 28, 2018 12:53 PM

Nov 2016
This was quite the feels trip.

Definitely a great movie and more romance oriented than the TV series, which I liked.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 29, 2018 7:42 PM

Jan 2011
Those last 20 minutes were an insult to the original magnum opus.
The first 110 minutes were just needlessly there.
This movie is a mistake.

It was decently entertaining, though. It's what usually matters the most for me, but I handle Steins; Gate with such care I can't just ignore this movie and pretend it didn't destroy what the prequel built.
supreme master of the godtaste
Mar 30, 2018 7:03 AM

Feb 2016
raizeny said:
Those last 20 minutes were an insult to the original magnum opus.
The first 110 minutes were just needlessly there.
This movie is a mistake.

It was decently entertaining, though. It's what usually matters the most for me, but I handle Steins; Gate with such care I can't just ignore this movie and pretend it didn't destroy what the prequel built.

It's not canon and not made by the original creators.. so yeah. At least the interactions between the characters were good enough.
Apr 11, 2018 4:05 AM

Mar 2012
Well that was disappointing :(

I enjoyed it up until a bit after Okabe disappeared.
Apr 12, 2018 8:02 PM

Mar 2009
In a sense, nothing really changed. At the end they're together and happy again. I thought it was an okay movie overall, but the status quo didn't change. So in that sense, it can be argued that there was really no point to this film.

It's more about the journey than the destination I guess, but the journey wasn't the most interesting either.
Oh, well. At least Kurisu was so damn cute. Especially while she was drunk.
MormegilApr 12, 2018 8:05 PM
Apr 14, 2018 4:28 AM
Feb 2018
The film speaks for itself. Its a big deja vu with Kurisu being the one who time travels.

Liked the story and it was refreshing experience to see Okabe and friends once again.
Apr 20, 2018 5:49 PM

Feb 2013
Oops, forgot this was a thing until 0 started... fixed!

Cool... Christina is the main in this one.
Fun movie, but never really got "epic."

7/10 (good, same as the rest)
May 7, 2018 8:26 AM

Dec 2015
A decent addition to the series. And it was better.
For me it is:
1. S;G (Movie) / Robotics;Notes
2. Chaos;Head
3. S;G (Series)

I liked how Kurisu got to know a bit more about the time travel stuff. She is more intelligent than Okarin. With heir being more involved in the series I might have enjoyed the series more.

I scored all the above with 7/10 (all had their own and different weaknesses and bad parts) without ever having read the VNs.
May 13, 2018 12:47 AM
Oct 2015
Slightly confusing but still, this movie was well written.
The rollercoaster of emotions was present throughout this movie, especially the day before Okabe "disappears" and he has his little moment with Kurisu
The explanation for "reading Steiner" was alright, but when Okabe randomly disappeared I was confused, though he decided to randomly ran off.
Heckle was here...
May 17, 2018 4:02 PM
Dec 2010
So I finally watched it and don't know what to think. This would be a great movie if it wasn't Steins;Gate. But as a Steins;Gate sequel it is absulutely terrible. One of the best part of Steins;Gate was that it was a really well though out time travel story with very little plot holes and interesting time travel mechanics. But this movie not only was a total mess, if we accept what's happening here it ruins the entire series. Not to mention that the whole point of Steins Gate worldline was that no time travel EVER exists.

I'm going to watch S;G 0 now. It could be great, but now I'm afraid they'll do some stupid things with the plot like in this movie...
May 18, 2018 7:42 AM

Feb 2016
xizor said:
So I finally watched it and don't know what to think. This would be a great movie if it wasn't Steins;Gate. But as a Steins;Gate sequel it is absulutely terrible. One of the best part of Steins;Gate was that it was a really well though out time travel story with very little plot holes and interesting time travel mechanics. But this movie not only was a total mess, if we accept what's happening here it ruins the entire series. Not to mention that the whole point of Steins Gate worldline was that no time travel EVER exists.

I'm going to watch S;G 0 now. It could be great, but now I'm afraid they'll do some stupid things with the plot like in this movie...

Don't worry. The movie was written by different people and it's not considered canon.
I can assure you S;G 0 still follows the established mechanics and rules rock solid.
Sep 26, 2018 6:20 PM

Mar 2012
From a series standpoint, I don't really think this movie was necessary in any way. I was left mildly confused on how Makise going back in time changed anything in any way from the original timeline. But regardless, i'm still left with the impression that i could have just as easily continued to ignore this movie as I did for several years already and not really miss out on anything.

As a movie, it was a good watch in general.

Hopefully at least Steins;Gate 0 sounds like I shouldn't be left with this impression.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Oct 18, 2018 4:32 AM
Jan 2017
Ok ,, this is the world when okabe rintaro is doesnt exist,, and take the perspective of makise kurisu,, and finaly she know what okabe feel about the failure to save the pecious people you know,, and keep try again and again ,,
Oct 18, 2018 7:48 AM
Jan 2017
after watching this movie i realize bthat the one who made tha hououin Kyouma is kurisu who back to the past and make the great memories with okabe to save him,,
good anime
Oct 27, 2018 12:36 PM

Mar 2017
For those who want to go further, there is a Drama CD "A Posteriori Existence" where Kurisu couldn't save Okabe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEo4IsxRZ0k (with english subtitles)
L・Ψ・≅
Dec 8, 2018 1:35 AM
Jun 2017
So many feels! We also get the reason behind Okabe's mad scientist persona.
Dec 25, 2018 9:39 AM

Mar 2016
Alright, this movie happen a year after episode 25 OVA! So this movie is the REAL ENDING!

First of all, the OP was nice, but the ED was so beautiful *cries*
It sounds so nostalgic, and it will for me in the future IRL. As expected from Steins; Gate!

-Daru's photoshopped face is on point! That was funny!
-Killer Nae!? That little critter! Something from the Visual Novel I presume...

The BBQ that the lab members along with Nae and the Manager are the kinds of event that I love to see for them. Joyful moments with lovely people! Okabe was overwhelmed by drunk Kurisu XD

Dejavu is another form of reading Steiner huh. That explains why characters kept remembering their memories from other worldlines both in the TV-series and in this movie. The fact that every human has some form of Reading Steiner ability also explains why Kurisu remembers Okabe, even if only a little bit in this movie.

And so because of the many powerful memories Okabe experiences on many various world lines, his mind can't tell the difference between those worldlines to this perfect Steins; Gate worldline? And because of that, he is bound to an R-worldline! Effectively erasing his existence from the Steins; Gate worldline, and thus also erasing anyone's memories of him! Man, this was a price to pay for saving both Kurisu and Mayuri... I was so shocked seeing Okabe just disappear! And also so worried. After much efforts from Okabe to get to this perfect Steins; Gate worldline, Okabe himself just got erased from existence.
However, OH, how glad I was to hear that Okabe can be saved if Kurisu manages to give him a memory that allows Okabe to differentiate the other worldlines to this one.
This memory turns out to be the memory of Okabe with Mayuri in the grave. I just love how that flashback is integrated into this movie's story!

The persona of Hououin Kyouma was actually from Kurisu then?! But then, who made up the name of Hououin Kyouma? It's neither Okabe nor Kurisu! HOWEVER!!! This is a NOT paradox! If I remember correctly, Okabe's flashback once said the persona of Hououin Kyouma is from a character from a TV show he once watched. So I'm guessing the name Hououin Kyouma came from that TV show which originates in the other worldline! Whatever the case may be, there are some excellent theories out there, even in this forum thread!

Also, I am so happy to learn that Okabe's first kiss was not Moeka but rather Kurisu herself! Still, there I can think up a few theories to say that Okabe's first
kiss was not from Kurisu, but fuck that, Okabe's first kiss was with Kurisu! Every single time I see a beautiful scene of Okabe and Kurisu kissing, I tear up, it's always an odd yet nice mixed feeling of sorrow and joy. Whenever it's a farewell kiss or an I love you kiss. It's all are always memorable scenes...

Alright then...
I said "Finally" so many times back in episode 24 and episode 25 OVA, but this Movie is the real final ending of Steins; Gate! After what Okabe did throughout the TV-show, and what Kurisu did in this movie, with the help from Suzuha who not only have helped Okabe but also Kurisu, from the beginning of Okabe's time-journey, to now. And after so many painful memories and erased priceless memories, I can finally say for the last time... FINALLY Everyone in the world and especially the Lab Members can finally live a life full of happiness!!!

No WW3, no evil organization (SERN) ruling the world, no fellow lab members ending up dead, no Okabe erased from existence, no more fucking painfull bullshit!
Just a happy life ahead of them!

I wish Steins; Gate 0 is not a continuation of this but instead some kind of alternative scenario, because I will be depressed seeing such a perfect ending being messed up.
Dec 26, 2018 4:04 PM

May 2016
@ShadowZ_AnimeZ

Unfortunately, this movie isn't canon (however it is really enjoyable!). This movie breaks some basic rules of the original series. For example the movie features parallel worldlines (R and Steins Gate worldline exists simultaneously). But there are no parallel worldlines in Steins;Gate. Only 1 worldline exists at a given time.

Also, if the Steins Gate worldline changed to a worldline where Okabe never born (and he never born - people without Reading Steiner always have the memories of the current worldline, and here, everybody remembers that all events happened without Okabe...).
So if the worldline changed to a worldline where Okabe never born, then Kurisu can't meet him in 2005. Okabe supposed to be born in 1991, so Kurisu should had to traveled before 1991, to make sure that he born...

So unfortanetely, the movie's story actually isn't made any sense... :( only the mood and the characters could save it... But the story is sucks...

ShadowZ_AnimeZ said:

Also, I am so happy to learn that Okabe's first kiss was not Moeka but rather Kurisu herself!

Even if we take the movie as canon (it is not...) the "first kiss" which Okabe refers to in ep22 it's not the kiss from Kurisu, and not the kiss with Moeka too! Actually, it's a kiss with Mayuri, when they were children. (This was revealed only in the VN).
Okabe can't remember to the kiss from Kurisu from 2005, because of Reading Steiner

(and also, it's not canon)

If you want to know the OFFICIAL after story, then you should read the Holy Day of Scourge novel.
SciADV_ManiacDec 26, 2018 4:24 PM
-
Dec 26, 2018 4:23 PM

Mar 2016
SheevPalpatine said:

Even if he take the movie as canon (it is not...) the "first kiss" which Okabe refers to in ep22 it's not the kiss from Kurisu, and not the kiss with Moeka too! Actually, it's a kiss with Mayuri, when they were children. (This was revealed only in the VN).
Okabe can't remember to the kiss from Kurisu from 2005, because of Reading Steiner

(and also, it's not canon)

If you want to know the OFFICIAL after story, then you should read the Holy Day of Scourge novel.

What the fuck? Why was I so displeased?! This past me got some different perspective of me right now.
Jan 16, 2019 6:17 PM

Aug 2017
So, this movie expand the relationship between Okabe and Kurisu. Well, I read the theories about the ending and I think that I could understand. It seems that the movie is non-canon.

8/10 for the movie.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 1, 2019 11:40 PM

Oct 2013
This movie was playing with my feeling the whole time, the feel of lost and insecure, but good thing Okabe made it back to reality and united with Kurisu, She's the MVP

Overall score 7/10
Mar 10, 2019 8:38 AM
Mar 2019
Good movie for the best anime ever
Hope they make more
Apr 7, 2019 1:51 AM

Mar 2019
Ahh what a great movie to end it off. I only wish it went longer! Absolutely loved the series and this was no different. But damn it they didn't kiss at the end of it!
May 25, 2019 9:44 AM

Apr 2015
I needed this movie, Loved it!
Jul 1, 2019 6:52 AM

Dec 2018
"I haven't told anything to him about how I feel." Lol, as if the kiss wasn't enough.

Also got no idea why there's a banter with the over 48 hour limit of the time leap machine. Kurisu said "Who said the limit is 48 hours?" her point of saying that was not to imply that the limit is over 48 hours but she's trying to trigger their memory of who told them the limit of time leap machine.
Kish0Jul 1, 2019 7:09 AM
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jul 1, 2019 11:43 AM

May 2016
Kish0 said:
"I haven't told anything to him about how I feel." Lol, as if the kiss wasn't enough.

Also got no idea why there's a banter with the over 48 hour limit of the time leap machine. Kurisu said "Who said the limit is 48 hours?" her point of saying that was not to imply that the limit is over 48 hours but she's trying to trigger their memory of who told them the limit of time leap machine.

This movie is non-canon, don't search logic in it.
-
Jul 1, 2019 7:52 PM

Dec 2018
SheevPalpatine said:
Kish0 said:

If anything at least this movie still keep the 48 hour limit for the time leap machine.
Jul 2, 2019 8:38 AM

May 2016
Kish0 said:
SheevPalpatine said:

If anything at least this movie still keep the 48 hour limit for the time leap machine.

And what's the deal with that 48-hour limit? Which Steins;Gate-media didn't keep it?
-
Jul 2, 2019 9:07 AM

Dec 2018
SheevPalpatine said:
Kish0 said:

And what's the deal with that 48-hour limit? Which Steins;Gate-media didn't keep it?

Just check some of the post here, some of them thought that in this movie the Time Leap Machine surpassed the 48 hour limit.
Jul 2, 2019 9:14 AM

May 2016
Kish0 said:
SheevPalpatine said:

Just check some of the post here, some of them thought that in this movie the Time Leap Machine surpassed the 48 hour limit.

Oh, OK, I've never read the "old" answers tbh. I am playing the guy who answers every Steins;Gate related questions in MAL only since 2018 September, so I just started to read the answers from that date.
-
Feb 9, 2020 6:45 PM

Feb 2009
If someone still comes here, can you answer me this?

1. Does the Okabe from main series remember that Kurise came from the future to kiss him in 2005 or did those events not occur to main series Okabe, only to Steins line Okabe? Basically, if we asked Okabe in ep1 "Did a strange red-head kiss you in 2005?" would he say yes I remember?

2. C204. We saw that number in the movie. Future Okabe is ep 23 says 'you should know what this means" . What does it mean?

3.Maybe I blinked at the wrong time, but how did Kurisu go to the R world where Okabe was all alone? Or was he already back in the "real" world at that point?

I don't care if this movie "isn't canon" , it still exists and I still want to piece it together.
Feb 11, 2020 10:53 PM

May 2016
sapphireluna said:
I don't care if this movie "isn't canon" , it still exists and I still want to piece it together.

The movie isn't canon because it doesn't make any sense and breaks the established rules. So we can't make the pieces together since it doesn't make sense. If something is not canon, it is not part of the story.

If we consider some parts of the movie canon, then the answers would be:

1. The main series Okabe is the Steins Gate Okabe. There is no difference. But before the events of the movie, a strange red girl didn't kiss him in 2005. So there was nothing to remember.

2. C - Cristina

3. That whole part made no sense, there is no real answer.
-
Apr 1, 2020 5:52 AM

Aug 2018
Great movie I thought the whole idea of Makise going back in time is an interesting concept that works great. The characters and music are wonderful as always. My only annoyance was that I felt the love relationship with Kurisu and Okabe was a bit more forced and not as deep as original Steins;gate presented.
Apr 12, 2020 10:14 PM

Aug 2017
Aiyele_Ahiru said:
It was pretty average tbh, the movie didn't add much other than giving Kurisu some time to shine, the story ended already so I don't see why this was necessary other than making a cash grab and giving fans something to chew on.
Yeah, it was unnecessary. Cash grab.

I liked special ep 25 more.

Forced romance. I still favor Okabe x Faris. Or Okabe x Kiryu.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »

More topics from this board

» Contrary to the popular belief, the Steins;Gate movie is canon (video)

SciADV_Maniac - Apr 21

10 by Uzumaki_Itachi_ »»
Apr 22, 6:40 PM

» Canon?

mechian - Nov 7, 2013

13 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Apr 20, 12:56 PM

» Reason for kurisu's change of dress while meeting the younger okabe in the steins gate movie

Raajdeep - Jul 30, 2023

4 by Raajdeep »»
Jan 18, 6:00 PM

» Should i watch this?

BeanieWaferz - May 29, 2023

38 by Lemonov »»
Aug 26, 2023 10:46 AM

» Couldn't understand a scene

Raajdeep - Jul 30, 2023

14 by PeeBeeBoi »»
Aug 1, 2023 8:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.