Forum Settings
Forums

Miss Marvel: Muslim superhero film 'in the works', Marvel says

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 17, 2018 12:43 AM

Apr 2017
Female empowerment?!? Social justice again???!!

May 17, 2018 2:04 AM

Mar 2014
Plot twist: she's the first Muslim Marvel superhero but the film is bound to be banned in at least one Muslim country because her clothing is considered haram
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
May 17, 2018 2:12 AM

Aug 2013
Psyotic said:
DrGeroCreation said:
@Psyotic My question was "Is Family Guy a masterpiece because it's offensive?" and your reply was "To some degree yes.

Then let me amend that statement to be "no". Something that needs to be stated will often be offensive, but something being offensive does not mean that it needs to be stated.
Cool but a movie doesn't have to state anything offensive to be good.

Psyotic said:
Except you did
Most movies are for making money. That doesn't mean all art in general is solely for money.
May 17, 2018 6:17 AM

Mar 2017
Ramzee said:
Yeah lets celebrate women discriminating against themselves!!

Word's couldn't be truer. I'm sick of this SJW, PC mentality. Of course, the media will blow this movie up by claiming that it's the best movie ever created like they did with Black Panther, and if you don't like it, well than you're misogynistic and xenophobic.
May 17, 2018 7:26 AM

Nov 2008
DrGeroCreation said:
Kamala made her debut in the Avengers anime already. Funny how I don't here weeaboo cunts on Mal crying about that. Typical hypocrite scum.

No problem with Kamala being in anime Avengers but oh no it's so bad for her to be in the MCU .

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/10/03-1/ms-marvel-prepares-to-make-her-anime-debut-in-future-avengers

@Psyotic The MCU has touched on government control, casualties in combat , loyalty etc. LOL Family Guy to some degree is a masterpiece because it is offensive? Pissing people off can make you lose money because the pissed off people could boycott your product. Also movies are mainly to make money for studios. No offense to you and forgive me for being presumptuous but going by your avi you seem like an elitist that considers any non arthouse movie to be bland and bad. I could be wrong but that's the vibes I'm getting. Not every movie has to be symbolic or be deep to be good. The MCU has good character development, character backstory and decent world building which should be taken into consideration.

I can tell you that the anime won't be the propaganda fest, the comics and mostly a movie starring her will be. We have issues with the warped, false, and sometimes downright bigoted and tyrannical messages the comics have infiltrating the movies. The SJW comic pros at Marvel have been proven to be dangerous ideologues and toxic to the medium and absolutely want these horrible messages and propaganda in the movies.

May 17, 2018 7:43 AM

Aug 2013
@Hoppy What is the propaganda about her in the comics? So you've read the currently non existent script of the movie already to know it's propaganda? As I said before you people are no different from sjws always being paranoid and complaining about everything.
May 17, 2018 7:56 AM

Nov 2008
DrGeroCreation said:
@Hoppy What is the propaganda about her in the comics? So you've read the currently non existent script of the movie already to know it's propaganda? As I said before you people are no different from sjws always being paranoid and complaining about everything.

Th majority of the premise of the comics is far left propaganda.

May 17, 2018 8:02 AM

Aug 2013
Hoppy said:
DrGeroCreation said:

So the premise of her being a Muslim superhero is far left propaganda? She should be a terrorist instead so that it wouldn't be propaganda?
May 17, 2018 9:16 AM

Jan 2017
>getting triggered and butthurt over a harmless fictional comic book character in 2018
LMAO you guys are hilarious
May 17, 2018 9:52 AM

Nov 2008
DrGeroCreation said:
Hoppy said:

So the premise of her being a Muslim superhero is far left propaganda? She should be a terrorist instead so that it wouldn't be propaganda?

No, she should have simple heroic adventures and at least a normal civilian life or a happy life. None of this talk about religious extremism and bigotry, and more escapism please.

May 17, 2018 10:08 AM

Apr 2013
Hoppy said:
DrGeroCreation said:

No, she should have simple heroic adventures and at least a normal civilian life or a happy life. None of this talk about religious extremism and bigotry, and more escapism please.

In comic books Marvel superheroes for a long time provided situations and narratives analogous to or equally similar to the societal issues we face in real life. To a lesser extent we have non-political themes in Spiderman, where it's a coming of age story of a teenager who has to deal with Oedipus guilt and his anti-social tendencies, and even then politics is referenced in multiple occasions. At one part it became an interesting character struggle: Spiderman as a hero stood as a symbol of law (to himself and others), and Peter Parker the student with his own worldly worries and biases sympathized with communism and militant leftism (1960s politics, not talking about SJWs). Then we have the analogy of race relations between mutants and humans in X-men, or the fact that Captain America was completely created with conscious political intentions.

There's a deep history of Marvel characters attacking real life issues, so I find it confusing why so many people like you suddenly become against it the moment an ethnic minority character (like Miles Morales or this case Ms. Marvel) does it. If you want pure escapism, perhaps just stick to hentai.
May 17, 2018 10:15 AM

Aug 2009
I am sure Miss Marvel is social justice warrior propaganda.But Marvel comics and DC Comics have been about diversity,discrimination and other stuff for a long time. But usually they just created new characters like Black Panther, Luke Cage, Storm, Gabe Jones,Storm, Misty Knight,Rage, Bishop and so on.I think many peoples' problem is the fact they took already existing heroes and changed their race,sex or sexual preference. They made Iceman a homosexual , MS. Marvel a Muslim girl, Thor a woman, Spider-man a half Hispanic and black male and so on. Of course Marvel and DC comics occasionally do story lines of alternate world versions of characters or people who become a successor to a hero .
May 17, 2018 10:45 AM

Aug 2013
Hoppy said:

Marvel and DC superheroes don't have simple happy lives and deal with real world problems.

Like Speedy getting hooked on heroin in the 70's

or Tony's alcohol addiction.

ezikialrage said:
I think many peoples' problem is the fact they took already existing heroes and changed their race,sex or sexual preference. MS. Marvel a Muslim girl, Thor a woman, Spider-man a half Hispanic and black male and so on. Of course Marvel and DC comics occasionally do story lines of alternate world versions of characters or people who become a successor to a hero .
Ms Marvel who became Captain Marvel wasn't changed to a Muslim girl. Kamala Khan is a separate character from Carol Denvers. Carol Denvers is now Captain Marvel and Kamala is now Ms Marvel. Kamala is a fangirl of Carol.

Thor isn't a woman. Fem Thor was Thor's girlfriend (Jane Foster) with his powers. In the comics Thor recently got back his powers and an axe. Miles Morales isn't Peter parker Spiderman and from the Ultimate universe. There are different spidermen from different universes.
DrGeroCreationMay 17, 2018 11:32 AM
May 17, 2018 2:28 PM

Nov 2008
Sarkja said:
@Hoppy I have already seen some of your post, for you any woman who is not a housewife and does not have children is a sjw, I hope that one day you will receive what you deserve.

You're blowing things way out of proportion.

May 17, 2018 2:42 PM

Nov 2008
Sarkja said:
Hoppy said:

You're blowing things way out of proportion.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1605096&show=0#post1 To say that the objective of a woman in life is to form a family ... If i had authoritarian power, you would be executed.

Third or fourth wave feminist alert. For one, radical feminism did leave her life in despair, which is not a good thing in the slightest especially at her age, she should be enjoying her golden years, and second your last sentence is typical radical 3rd and 4th wave feminist fantasy, I hear it all the time especially from comics pros to consumers fantasizing about killing republicans or kicking men in the teeth, you are bitter and need help.

May 17, 2018 2:55 PM

Nov 2008
Sarkja said:
Hoppy said:

Third or fourth wave feminist alert. For one, radical feminism did leave her life in despair, which is not a good thing in the slightest especially at her age, she should be enjoying her golden years, and second your last sentence is typical radical 3rd and 4th wave feminist fantasy, I hear it all the time especially from comics pros to consumers fantasizing about killing republicans or kicking men in the teeth, you are bitter and need help.

You do not have to be a feminist to be against people like you, fascists and Muslims are two sides of the same coin. Both treat women like trash and seek to censor the individual freedom of the people. With 32 years you have, your life must have been full of failures and disappointments, to tell others how they have to live theirs. People like you, could not change anything. I will continue my life focusing on my projects and goals and your toxic ideology will disappear with the years.

I'm not a fascist though.

May 17, 2018 3:19 PM

Jan 2014
I can't say it's surprising considering Marvel's recent actions, but I wonder just how much success they are expecting to get from such a relatively new character.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
May 17, 2018 4:29 PM

Feb 2015
Yeaaa.... no.

Black Cat is definitely not their best movie yet, it's pretty generic, it's on the weaker side of the MCU.
Being supportive of black people doesn't boost a show's quality in the slightest, and let's be honest - that's the only reason why the movie's hype was so blown out of proportion anyways.

MCU's best still remain the Iron Man movies and Spider-Man: Homecoming.
Anime List|Manga List | Discord: Azureal#2963
May 17, 2018 6:21 PM

Jun 2015
hazarddex said:
hey Gal Gadot made a good wonder woman ill take the wait and see stance with this. although i know almost nothing about miss marvel.

then again i know little about the marvel universe other then spiderman and the xmen. more of a detective comics fan. sadly those movies with the exception of the wonder woman movie were not good.

I like how you actually said detective comics instead of tards who say dc comics

What I dont like is you think wonder woman was good. it was as bad as the rest.

the superman one was actually better than the last superman movie. but the rest... *fake vomit face*
May 17, 2018 6:22 PM

Jun 2015
Bayek said:
"By golly, that sounds brilliant! We've entered the Second Renaissance!"
Am I the only one who read this line in a british accent?
May 17, 2018 7:49 PM

Dec 2012
KuroudoAkabane said:
Bayek said:
"By golly, that sounds brilliant! We've entered the Second Renaissance!"
Am I the only one who read this line in a british accent?
I think of the Adoring Fan from Oblivion.

"By Azura, by Azura, by Azura! It's the Muslim Grand Champion!"
May 17, 2018 9:04 PM
Jun 2015
Marvel is a white, blond haired girl. Not a middle-eastern women.

Hollywood and our current society loves to play the racist card when it comes to this type of stuff, but when movies decide to switch out a white member for a member of a different race then it "isn't racist".

Leave them how they should be, please.

[me leaving out dozens of Muslim jokes in fear of ban. Tears shed, humor lost]
May 17, 2018 9:07 PM

Oct 2015
At this point I can't enjoy a major blockbuster without being bombarded by propaganda, its sad really
May 17, 2018 9:44 PM

Feb 2010
Nightmare21st said:
At this point I can't enjoy a major blockbuster without being bombarded by propaganda, its sad really

Its been like that since movies existed.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

May 17, 2018 9:45 PM

Oct 2015
hazarddex said:
Nightmare21st said:

I know but now its much more prominent and annoying
May 17, 2018 9:50 PM

Feb 2010
Nightmare21st said:
hazarddex said:

I know but now its much more prominent and annoying

Then stop watch reading etc fiction or even non fiction. your basicly complaining that waters wet. This isent even that prominent. If you want promenet go back to the ww2 era or Vietnam that's more prominent

Nyu said:
Hoppy said:

Now that's going off the deep end and it's hilarious as well.

So you have no argument, the Japanese and Chinese get 100% representation in the media of their nations.

100% eh? you have not seen a lot of anime have you?

to name a FEW.

GrimAtramentMay 17, 2018 10:21 PM
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

May 17, 2018 11:59 PM

Aug 2016
Nightmare21st said:

lol what makes you think this is propaganda?

Hoppy said:

Fuck has Marvel started calling for the working class to seize the means of production and denying the Holodomor? News to me.
People who put MAL stats in their sigs are losers lol
May 18, 2018 12:45 AM

Apr 2018
Okay but the new Ms. Marvel is actually super fun and enjoyable and not at all preachy about the diversity thing as some of Marvel's other new characters. So this movie could be pretty good.

May 18, 2018 1:38 AM
Jan 2014
This is why I stopped watching anything from Hollywood. It's all diversity propaganda. The funny thing is though is that Hollywood's virtue signalling costs them money and sales because people don't like to pay money to be preached to.
May 18, 2018 3:58 AM
Feb 2018
-Placeholder- said:
This is why I stopped watching anything from Hollywood. It's all diversity propaganda. The funny thing is though is that Hollywood's virtue signalling costs them money and sales because people don't like to pay money to be preached to.

But Black Phanter is literally one of their most successful movies ever.
May 18, 2018 4:04 AM
Jan 2014
AdolChri said:

Black Panther is basically about a Black ethnostate.
May 18, 2018 4:07 AM
Feb 2018
-Placeholder- said:
AdolChri said:

Black Panther is basically about a Black ethnostate.

It has a black super-hero who is successful. I'm sure it's enough for you conservatives to call it "forced diversity" and "propaganda" and all the buzzwords you can come up with.
May 18, 2018 4:50 AM
Jan 2014
AdolChri said:
It has a black super-hero who is successful. I'm sure it's enough for you conservatives to call it "forced diversity" and "propaganda" and all the buzzwords you can come up with.

Yes, we "conservatives" just hate black people and any black people who are successful. You're definitely making an honest attempt to understand different worldviews than yours.
May 18, 2018 4:59 AM
Feb 2018
-Placeholder- said:
AdolChri said:

Yes, we "conservatives" just hate black people and any black people who are successful. You're definitely making an honest attempt to understand different worldviews than yours.

Yeah. Hence you keep complaining about "diversity propaganda" every time they make a movie featuring not-white, not-straight lead in a sea of white, straight super heroes.
May 18, 2018 5:05 AM
Jan 2014
AdolChri said:
Yeah. Hence you keep complaining about "diversity propaganda" every time they make a movie featuring not-white, not-straight lead in a sea of white, straight super heroes.

I don't think you understand what sarcasm is.
May 18, 2018 6:54 AM
Feb 2018
-Placeholder- said:
AdolChri said:

I don't think you understand what sarcasm is.

Too bad everyone knows who you are, around here.
May 18, 2018 6:59 AM

Oct 2009
Yes yes very nice mate đź‘Ť
May 18, 2018 7:27 AM

Mar 2012
The entire Western genre, which dominated Hollywood for a half a century, is patriarchal, colonialist, NRA propaganda. It's still good though.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
May 18, 2018 7:43 AM
Jan 2014
Josh said:
The entire Western genre, which dominated Hollywood for a half a century, is patriarchal, colonialist, NRA propaganda. It's still good though.

It wasn't propaganda, it was merely a product of the societal values at the time. The current movies are propaganda because they are an attempt to normalise the cultural-Marxist values of the Left-wing Hollywood elites on to the general population.
May 18, 2018 7:52 AM

Nov 2008
Psyotic said:
Nightmare21st said:

lol what makes you think this is propaganda?

Hoppy said:

Fuck has Marvel started calling for the working class to seize the means of production and denying the Holodomor? News to me.

The very last issue of All New Wolverine had a synopsis involved the killing of the last straight man on Earth. SJWs hate straight men (they're starting to even hate straight non-white men anymore as look at how the SJWs neutered Blade lately).

May 18, 2018 9:24 AM

Jun 2016
-Placeholder- said:

It wasn't propaganda, it was merely a product of the societal values at the time.

So when it's politics you believe in, it's just societal values, but when it's not, it's propaganda? You do realize that societal values aren't static, right?

The current movies are propaganda because they are an attempt to normalise the cultural-Marxist values of the Left-wing Hollywood elites on to the general population.

I don't think you know what those words mean. How is showing minority characters and talking about issues affecting the minority community normalizing Marxist values?
May 18, 2018 9:33 AM
Jul 2018
Lost_Viking said:

Is this a joke? Black Panther sucked so bad I had to quit watching it less than 20 minutes in.

Hey man, you can't just go around saying things like that. Black Panther had a lot of black people in it and was directed by a black person. If you don't like it's because you're obviously racist, and definitely not because it was a bad movie.
Wonder Woman had a female lead and a female director, so if you didn't like it, you're obviously sexist, and definitely not someone with actual taste in movies.
If you don't overhype this movie and start calling it "oscar-worthy" years before it comes out, you're obviously islamophobic, and definitely not a person with a brain.
May 18, 2018 9:37 AM
Jan 2014
Anti-Agelast said:

So when it's politics you believe in, it's just societal values, but when it's not, it's propaganda? You do realize that societal values aren't static, right?

The current movies are propaganda because they are an attempt to normalise the cultural-Marxist values of the Left-wing Hollywood elites on to the general population.

I don't think you know what those words mean. How is showing minority characters and talking about issues affecting the minority community normalizing Marxist values?

It's not society's values because most people don't care about having a black, gay, transsexual etc. main character in their movie. They just want to watch a good movie and don't care about "minority issues". If they did, they would watch something like the Wire. And I don't mind propaganda, the problem is when you sneak your propaganda in to mediums where it doesn't belong, like super hero movies.

Marxism has shifted from being anti-capitalist (since that form of Marxism has failed so many times) to instead a culturally-relativist view that targets the cultural norms of Western society. For example, things like Whiteness, gender roles, morality and religion are targeted. If you didn't understand this, then it wouldn't make sense that the Left would be such strong supported of Islam, despite the ideology going against everything they purport to stand for.
May 18, 2018 9:52 AM

Feb 2010
-Placeholder- said:
Anti-Agelast said:

It's not society's values because most people don't care about having a black, gay, transsexual etc. main character in their movie. They just want to watch a good movie and don't care about "minority issues". If they did, they would watch something like the Wire. And I don't mind propaganda, the problem is when you sneak your propaganda in to mediums where it doesn't belong, like super hero movies.

Marxism has shifted from being anti-capitalist (since that form of Marxism has failed so many times) to instead a culturally-relativist view that targets the cultural norms of Western society. For example, things like Whiteness, gender roles, morality and religion are targeted. If you didn't understand this, then it wouldn't make sense that the Left would be such strong supported of Islam, despite the ideology going against everything they purport to stand for.

Lol your only complaining about it. because it does suit YOUR narrative
super hero comic have allways full of messages its been that way since marvel and dc existed.
Messageless art doesn't often sell.
Xmen was allways about fighting prejudice.

Captan america patriotism.
just to name a few

May 18, 2018 9:54 AM

Jul 2007
Isn't Mohammed basically a Muslim superhero?
May 18, 2018 9:56 AM
Jan 2014
hazarddex said:
super hero comic have allways full of messages its been that way since marvel and dc existed.

just to name a few

I never said art didn't have any messages, what I said is that the messages that are being promoted recently are bad and destructive.
May 18, 2018 9:58 AM
Feb 2018
-Placeholder- said:
hazarddex said:

just to name a few

I never said art didn't have any messages, what I said is that the messages that are being promoted recently are bad and destructive.

Name us some destructive messages these super-heroes movies are spreading.

-Placeholder- said:
Anti-Agelast said:

Do you realize how insane these rantings sound outside of /pol/ and your neo-nazi circles, right?
AdolChriMay 18, 2018 10:02 AM
May 18, 2018 9:58 AM

Mar 2016
Movie's gonna be a bomb! Hope it will be directed by Michael Bay.
May 18, 2018 10:00 AM

Aug 2016
Hoppy said:
The very last issue of All New Wolverine had a synopsis involved the killing of the last straight man on Earth. SJWs hate straight men (they're starting to even hate straight non-white men anymore as look at how the SJWs neutered Blade lately).

I don't even read comics and this sounds dumb as fuck. It's like saying antifa are Nazis because Antifa use violence and Nazis like violence. It totally ignores any sort of context surrounding the situation.
People who put MAL stats in their sigs are losers lol
May 18, 2018 10:35 AM

Jun 2016
-Placeholder- said:

It's not society's values because most people don't care about having a black, gay, transsexual etc. main character in their movie.

Black, gay and transsexual people are part of society too, and they care about these things.

They just want to watch a good movie and don't care about "minority issues".

These two things aren't mutually exclusive.

And I don't mind propaganda, the problem is when you sneak your propaganda in to mediums where it doesn't belong, like super hero movies.

Politics have been in comics books since their conception. Who are you to say they don't belong there?

Marxism has shifted from being anti-capitalist (since that form of Marxism has failed so many times) to instead a culturally-relativist view that targets the cultural norms of Western society. For example, things like Whiteness, gender roles, morality and religion are targeted.

Minority races, gender roles, and religions getting a more prominent role in society isn't putting any of these things you mentioned under attack.

If you didn't understand this, then it wouldn't make sense that the Left would be such strong supported of Islam, despite the ideology going against everything they purport to stand for.

You can support Muslims and their right to practice their religion without believing in everything that religion does, you know.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.