Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 16, 2018 5:14 PM

Feb 2015
Let the Suffering begin!

Fuck, I was on the edge of my seat that whole episode. I mean, I don't know if Moeka was behind it this time or if it was Professor Reyes, but ever since I saw the grenade, my heart was pounding. Thankfully no one died this episode, but we all know that blood will be shed next week.

Fuck, I wish I could binge watch the entire series already.

5/5
May 16, 2018 5:17 PM

Apr 2017
This is why you should never mess with time.
May 16, 2018 5:23 PM
a car

Jun 2017
Well they REALLY wanted to end it THERE didn't they? I'm surprised it came as a shock to so many people though. I remember back when I played this part in the VN I jokingly assumed that they would get attacked during a party- just like in the original- and unfortunately it turned out to be true.

Next week is going to be a plot juncture which means speculating again YIPPEEEEEE!

May 16, 2018 5:25 PM

Jan 2013
I got spoiled trough steam shop smh...

polaa said:
Oh no it's happening..

That IMG is on the game store page.

Good episode tho
May 16, 2018 5:30 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Oh no! It can't be! D: How can they get out of this?! I was on the edge of my seat when I witnessed the masked assailants. Witnessing that flashback and their current situation had me scared! D: Very suspicious about that female professor too because of that....glare.

What's going to happen to them now? And this cliffhanger is killing me, dammit!
May 16, 2018 5:51 PM

Jul 2015
Quite a light episode... or not, We have seen this pain train before and looks like we're in for another ride.
May 16, 2018 6:14 PM

Dec 2017
To be honest I was pretty bored the whole way through this episode, I usually enjoy a slower pacing in my shows, but even in the original Steins;Gate I would often ponder how little the story was actually progressing sometimes.

I can only assume that most of the stuff that happened in this episode was foreshadowing, or setting up future events, cause not a whole lot really happened, at least nothing very meaty or interesting..... at least until that ending, hoooooo boy *shot*

Cliffhangers: The Anime.
*confused quacking*
May 16, 2018 6:20 PM
Apr 2012
hahailham1 said:
HOLY SHIT the ending

with no time leap machine how he supposed to escape this?!!!

shit another week of long waiting /cry

but suzuha's time machine still available ,did u forgot that?
May 16, 2018 6:33 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Great episode. I like how the group celebrate the new year together. Pretty crazy how throughout the episode the tension slowly builds up while everyone is having a good time. The girls looked great in shrine maiden outfits as well! The cliffhanger gave me chills.

Am very excited for the next episode.
May 16, 2018 7:26 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode as always.

The girls were all really adorable in their shrine maiden outfits.

The professor is hilarious, that Engrish and the Hory Cow cracked me up. xD
The way Judy looked at Kagari was pretty suspicious.

That ending though, holy shit! I wonder what's gonna happen now.
May 16, 2018 7:29 PM

Nov 2015
Maybe the Shaman girls part didn't happen, but we got the sumo seal from Chaos;Child(One of the best Visual Novels).

The episode was great, i loved the scenes with Yuki, Daru and Suzuha.
May 16, 2018 7:56 PM
Jan 2017
Another great episode! It's good to see Okabe and his friends give their support to Kagari, especially in that New Year's party. Those moments of cheerfulness and character writing serve as a good contrast for the big climactic moment in the episode's end, that sees Okabe trying to see Amadeus and Kagari as separate people from Kagari, at the same time he is forced to relive one of his most traumatic memories. With the final scene's setup, I guess from that point forward, the show will further explore the mystery of Kagari, the group searching for her and the dystopic future Suzuha comes from. This is definitely one of the best shows of the season.
May 16, 2018 8:10 PM

Dec 2015
S;G for shaman girls , not steins gate anymore XD
What did they do to luka???? Lol
I cant get enough of leskinen face lol , so full of regret

If anyone wondering about how they gonna get out in the end
i cant wait this oh god
May 16, 2018 8:13 PM

Nov 2011
Being mad scientist is suffering
Well, things got solved rather easily, I expected more drama with all those encounters
And I expected more surprised reactions from Maho when seeing Shiina and from everybody when seeing Amadeus but it was all chill, at least till the cliffhanger.

RagingMan said:
The hell is with this camera angle

Yeah, sometimes I forget this is based on a visual novel and this type of thing reminds me... oh well.
Baby, daijobanai...
May 16, 2018 8:16 PM

Dec 2015
OG_Gattsu said:
Prediction: Mr Braun or Suzuha’s mum is the one looking for Kagari. They’re working for SERN and are trying to implant the Amadeus’s memories into her.
No wrong prediction
This is the right one
May 16, 2018 8:18 PM

Jul 2016
I wish they'd stop with the "ehhh you're a guy???" gags...Ruka is clearly a trans woman. Jokes like this didn't bother me in stuff like Danganronpa but they had a whole ass arc about how Ruka wishes she was born in a female body. It isn't even a funny running joke.
May 16, 2018 8:21 PM

Apr 2015
boredsalad said:
Pointing gun at Nae?
Mr. Braun is going to skin those guys alive
it would be amazing if mr braun is actually come and saves the day.. wonder if he is still FB or not in this world line?

Zaigham_69 said:
That moment when Mayushii's watch stopped working, I realised that Okabe was fucked over once more. I feel so bad for the poor guy
no, the sign is amadeus stop working, okabe only reminiscing the similarity to mayuri's watch...

Spidersaint said:
Maybe the Shaman girls part didn't happen, but we got the sumo seal from Chaos;Child(One of the best Visual Novels).

The episode was great, i loved the scenes with Yuki, Daru and Suzuha.

i read in reddit that the masks could trigger gigalomaniac to kill themselves? but if that is actually happen a lot of watchers will be confused if they haven't watch chaos child anime.

OG_Gattsu said:
Prediction: Mr Braun or Suzuha’s mum is the one looking for Kagari. They’re working for SERN and are trying to implant the Amadeus’s memories into her.
so, ur implying mr braun to be the attackers? but his beloved daughter is still there.. so, it is unlikely.. and is there any sign of Amane Yuki to be a spy, other than she excuse herself to go home? But considering she is going to be daru's wife and suzuha's mom, idk i feel its unlikely she is going to be an antagonist.
lswarmrulerMay 16, 2018 8:29 PM

Try reading Spy x Family Manga ^_^
U will love it, i promise...
May 16, 2018 8:52 PM

Apr 2015
oh, and if u are wondering why Nae calls amadeus a Lemur this is seem to be the reason:

A.I. = Aye aye = a species of lemur (Daubentonia madagascariensis) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aye-aye

Try reading Spy x Family Manga ^_^
U will love it, i promise...
May 16, 2018 9:04 PM
Jan 2018
It's just me or there is a Chaos;Head/Child indirectly appeared in the episode? If you check closely the intruders at the last scene, there is a Sumo Sticker(that appeared in Chaos series)-like mask
May 16, 2018 9:15 PM

Jun 2016
OOOOOHHHHHH NO, NOT AGAIN, IT'S UNCONCEIVABLE!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO
May 16, 2018 9:15 PM

Jun 2015
FritzyBeat said:
To be honest I was pretty bored the whole way through this episode, I usually enjoy a slower pacing in my shows, but even in the original Steins;Gate I would often ponder how little the story was actually progressing sometimes.

I can only assume that most of the stuff that happened in this episode was foreshadowing, or setting up future events, cause not a whole lot really happened, at least nothing very meaty or interesting..... at least until that ending, hoooooo boy *shot*

Cliffhangers: The Anime.

Yeah. The pacing is a lot more slower, a lot more foreshadowing, character development but I think it's needed. Because we all know where it will end, I think they captured the depressed Okabe pretty well. I can guarantee you this, after this episode everything will start to pick up.
May 16, 2018 9:16 PM

Jun 2015
Holy shit. How do I return to study after THIS?
I can´t wait for the next chapter
May 16, 2018 9:39 PM

Jan 2016
Bringing back the nostalgia of Steins;Gate Episode 12. The different is in the past, the shots have been released and Mayuri's die. But now...

And the story begins...
May 16, 2018 10:34 PM

Apr 2018
Man Okabe really needs to buy Mayuri a new watch, it always stops working...
And then she dies... Maybe if he bought a new watch that doesn't break she wouldn't keep dying. It might work... I mean it's not like he's tried it yet. But that's just a theory... AN ANIME THEORY!

Also side note: why don't they just tell Shiina who she really is? what up with keeping her in the dark for no reason? ugghh, such an excuse to drag on the plot, lol.
May 16, 2018 11:29 PM

Jul 2017
Uh oh NOT LIKE THIS

I swear same things gonna happen this time where everybody getting shot but this time no time machine to save Rintaro. Oh jesus if S;G 0 is going down this path oh man we gonna have a show

Lets goooo we in for it now

GFL NA: 151141 | FGO NA: 622,135,030
FGO JP: 028,976,814 | Magia Record JP: rzMsBapp

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
May 16, 2018 11:40 PM

Nov 2015
Moral of the episode: Let the professors see the Japanese shaman girls.

OR YOU'LL GET THIS!!!!!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 16, 2018 11:41 PM

Jun 2016
HOLY SHIT THAT LAST PART GAVE ME GOOSEBUMPS!
May 16, 2018 11:50 PM

Jun 2016
Wow, last episode's cliffhanger was deceiving. So did Kagari pass out from not remembering? Then they continue their lives like nothing of significance happened.

The ending was disappointingly predictable (again) as well. Gee, a mysterious group is looking for the IBN 5100 girl we just found? That doesn't sound like an issue. Surely they won't crash our nighttime party, this isn't Steins;Gate or anything!

Though, unlike in Steins;Gate where the hints towards CERN's impending strike were kept minimal and subtle over the course of 10 episodes, this singular episode decides we need to be reminded three times with obvious flags that the lab members are being watched, and that's on top of all the nostalgia bait this episode had in the first place.

At least we got to see Okabe start to come to terms over the Kurisu/Amadeus situation, seeming to overcome the sadness his recurring PTSD/possible Reading Steiner has been causing. Hopefully this development continues, I'm not looking forward to seeing this remain a cheaper, angsty rehash of Steins;Gate and a strong Okabe would do a lot to set things in a better direction.

Mohammadalmannai said:
YurippeWilDCat said:

Jesus christ what is this? What is that? xD They have a little problem with graphics.

Unlike the original S;G, 0 only had a few months to animate while the original had over a year.

I hope you're not just basing this on the start dates for the shows they made prior to each season. Katanagatari took them all of 2010 (look at when it ended, not when it began). Assuming they restrict themselves to working on one show at a time (I could see it but I don't know with any certainty) Steins;Gate only had an extra 5 days on 0, and that was 7 years ago. I've seen much worse animation but this decrease in quality is still disappointing.
May 17, 2018 1:07 AM

Mar 2009
RagingMan said:
The hell is with this camera angle

I laughed.

Oh, no! It's the original Steins;Gate episode 12 all over again. Please don't tell me Mayuri is going to die...

On a much lighter note, Daru hitting on his own daughter will always be weird. But...Daru is Daru.
May 17, 2018 1:14 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Well, all can happen, but now the rhythm is slow, but the series has a large season in front of!!!
May 17, 2018 1:17 AM
Nov 2017
the end of this episode was, oh fuck man i just a rbnawhriqh gcjk1dbjhbv1bknqjkd hkHBDHB
May 17, 2018 1:39 AM

Jul 2015
Great episode i must say.

First half was a breather,Kagari also getting along with others.

But when the watch stopped,i literally stopped my breath and when those assailants rushed into the room it was so thrilling.

5/5 episode.

May 17, 2018 2:19 AM

Apr 2015
early spoil for next episode:

>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
May 17, 2018 3:02 AM

Sep 2016
at first this was a cool and chill eps some joyful moments seeing the cast all happy, but after the professor showed up that hint of the lady peeking was sus so i had to stay on my guard and also with the peeping tom dude the landlord saw, damnn that stopwatch flashback put me on edge no time machine i gotta see how this turns out next week
Facta Non Verba
May 17, 2018 3:14 AM
Feb 2018
I have a feeling Mr.Brown is going to save them. I mean his daughter is there.
May 17, 2018 3:14 AM
Oct 2015
I swear Steins gate follows the formula of it being calm at the start and ending with a chaotic cliffhanger. Which I personally don't mind.
When Mayushi stated her watch was broken, my body didn't know how to react and I started sweating and getting goosebumps at the same time.
I curious about how Okabe will escape this situation, he doesn't have the time-leap device and Suzuha can't do anything either.
Heckle was here...
May 17, 2018 3:49 AM

Dec 2015
Fuckk offffff, not agaiin PLEASE!!!! :((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
~
May 17, 2018 4:24 AM

Apr 2018
3 words for this episode:I LOVE IT.Even though i already read the vn i still can't help but get excited and also suffering for the release of the next episode.I like how they do the subtle hints and Okabe having a glimpse of the dead hououin kyouma and Makise Kurisu and while i was watching it i was like where is the cliffhanger this episode will end now then that shows up xd and of course how the anime do betten than the vn.The only thing that i don't like is Leskinen not saying Shaman Girls.
May 17, 2018 4:39 AM

Oct 2017
I'm just speechless. God. That was good.
May 17, 2018 4:40 AM

Nov 2011
ArgentiumTea said:
Great episode as always. :D

HOLY SHIT!!!

I have the VN on steam, perhaps I should start playing. Waiting for a another episode have never been this painful. How the hell did people survive this back in 2011. Damn I dont know what I should do.
It was a painful thing to wait through each episode when the original aired. I remember my heart aching after each cliffhanger!
May 17, 2018 4:48 AM

Nov 2015
Gigarit said:
ArgentiumTea said:
Great episode as always. :D

HOLY SHIT!!!

I have the VN on steam, perhaps I should start playing. Waiting for a another episode have never been this painful. How the hell did people survive this back in 2011. Damn I dont know what I should do.
It was a painful thing to wait through each episode when the original aired. I remember my heart aching after each cliffhanger!
Holy cow! So I thought you were one of the chosen ones, the true intellectuals!
AX3MMay 17, 2018 4:54 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 17, 2018 5:17 AM
Jan 2017
That was a hell of a way to end the episode.
Was one of the masks a reference to Choas;head/child?
May 17, 2018 5:49 AM

Mar 2010
being that they made clear that the only thing that will impulse him to change the future is Mayuri's death, I was already convinced that it must happen with the probability of 99% at least.
scratch it, Kagari totally negates the possibility of Mayuri's death because she is supposed to adopt young Kagari.
TheHeckle said:
I swear Steins gate follows the formula of it being calm at the start and ending with a chaotic cliffhanger. Which I personally don't mind.
When Mayushi stated her watch was broken, my body didn't know how to react and I started sweating and getting goosebumps at the same time.
I curious about how Okabe will escape this situation, he doesn't have the time-leap device and Suzuha can't do anything either.

My guess is he won't this time they have only one goal, take away Kagari.
LF2005May 17, 2018 6:17 AM
May 17, 2018 6:23 AM
Apr 2018
The episode ended on such a cliffhanger.
Now time for some drama baby :)
May 17, 2018 6:23 AM

Apr 2015
TKB928 said:
Wow, last episode's cliffhanger was deceiving. So did Kagari pass out from not remembering? Then they continue their lives like nothing of significance happened.

The ending was disappointingly predictable (again) as well. Gee, a mysterious group is looking for the IBN 5100 girl we just found? That doesn't sound like an issue. Surely they won't crash our nighttime party, this isn't Steins;Gate or anything!

Though, unlike in Steins;Gate where the hints towards CERN's impending strike were kept minimal and subtle over the course of 10 episodes, this singular episode decides we need to be reminded three times with obvious flags that the lab members are being watched, and that's on top of all the nostalgia bait this episode had in the first place.

At least we got to see Okabe start to come to terms over the Kurisu/Amadeus situation, seeming to overcome the sadness his recurring PTSD/possible Reading Steiner has been causing. Hopefully this development continues, I'm not looking forward to seeing this remain a cheaper, angsty rehash of Steins;Gate and a strong Okabe would do a lot to set things in a better direction.

Mohammadalmannai said:

Unlike the original S;G, 0 only had a few months to animate while the original had over a year.

I hope you're not just basing this on the start dates for the shows they made prior to each season. Katanagatari took them all of 2010 (look at when it ended, not when it began). Assuming they restrict themselves to working on one show at a time (I could see it but I don't know with any certainty) Steins;Gate only had an extra 5 days on 0, and that was 7 years ago. I've seen much worse animation but this decrease in quality is still disappointing.

Nope not on start dates, S;G aired in April 2011 and annouced it will go into production early 2010, it had a year and S;G0 was annouced it will go to production in July, it had 9 months.

Assuming that they started recently.

Plus, WF is busy during these times but S;G has a more consistent animation quality over 0.
May 17, 2018 6:57 AM

Nov 2015
Mohammadalmannai said:
TKB928 said:

Nope not on start dates, S;G aired in April 2011 and annouced it will go into production early 2010, it had a year and S;G0 was annouced it will go to production in July, it had 9 months.

Assuming that they started recently.

Plus, WF is busy during these times but S;G has a more consistent animation quality over 0.
I think either WF is way pretty busier these times or, the budget's tightness is the culprit.
May 17, 2018 7:55 AM

Dec 2016
Wow 1st episode ever i was agape (i am using this word well?) pretty chocked and double wow for that cliffhanger... i hope the best for the next episodes
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
May 17, 2018 8:57 AM

Oct 2008
hmmm not bad! ... Shrine Maidens, more food...and oh!...unexpected RAIDS!
5/5.

May 17, 2018 9:13 AM

Feb 2016
The animation and directing quality were notably bad. I hope the next one improves, because it will definitely need them. Prepare your seat bells, this truck is going full force without brakes now.

Not the Japanese shaman girls I expected, but it was still funny. I love all the hints and red herrings they are pushing.

@Exeterna @kidlat020 don't post spoilers in this thread, Jesus Christ. People who speculate here don't want immediate answers.
May 17, 2018 9:59 AM
Sep 2016
Schala07 said:
In the early parts of the episode...I was like "Okay, this might be a light one."

But when Dr. Reyes gave that look at the shrine....man, something's up.

AND THEN

THE ENDING. I THOUGHT I'D GO ONE EPISODE NOT FEELING SO WRECKED BUT DAAAMN SHIT :) :) :) :) :)

It's only episode 6 and I already want to cry :) :) :)

SERN IS BACK
WITH TEARS FROM THE AUDIENCE
AND CLIFFHANGERS

EL.PSY.KONGROO
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

104 by Twerms »»
Apr 21, 12:45 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2018

572 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 18, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 22, 2018

163 by Alrinth »»
Apr 10, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

197 by Alrinth »»
Apr 9, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 11 Discussion

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

38 by Alrinth »»
Apr 7, 4:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.