Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 15, 2018 11:23 PM

Jan 2017
I can't decide if I should leave my waifu (Naruto) as my pfp or if I should change it to this absurdly funny but sadly accurate depiction of my real anime viewing situation.

May 16, 2018 2:52 AM

Oct 2015
You can always change it back smh and that picture is going to be small af

๐”š๐”ž๐”ซ๐”ซ๐”ž ๐”ฑ๐”ฌ๐”ฒ๐” ๐”ฅ ๐”ถ๐”ฌ๐”ฒ,
๐”š๐”ž๐”ซ๐”ฑ๐”ฆ๐”ซ' ๐”ถ๐”ฌ๐”ฒ ๐”ด๐”ฆ๐”ฑ๐”ฅ ๐”ž๐”ฉ๐”ฉ ๐”ช๐”ถ ๐”ช๐”ฆ๐”ค๐”ฅ๐”ฑ

May 16, 2018 3:13 AM
Jul 2018
Change it to whatever you want man. Get me a girl like Old Anime on Watch List tho.
May 16, 2018 4:33 AM

Jan 2018
What about your inner loli desire to watch more ecchi? Love knows no age. Age of production.
May 16, 2018 4:41 AM

Jan 2018
Just watch both.
Seasonal anime is allrite, but old anime can taught you a lot. (from your profile)

ๅ…ตๅฎถ
"Green how I want you green. Green wind. Green branches."
May 16, 2018 4:44 AM

Feb 2010
Add western TV Series, Movies, Standup, Comics, Books and Manga and you got my personal harem of hobbies.
I probably regret this post by now.
May 16, 2018 6:49 AM
Oct 2017
you shouold rescale the pic to 500GB in gimp and then rescale it back down to regulation length so it looks like 1 pixel. this is your best option
May 16, 2018 9:32 AM

Jan 2017
Pullman said:
Add western TV Series, Movies, Standup, Comics, Books and Manga and you got my personal harem of hobbies.

lol same man. I watch about 30-35 ongoing western TV series that I'm up-to-date on and have seen every episode of (just added another on last night - "The End of the F***ing World" from Netflix). I watch at least 2-3 non-anime movies per week (and actually just binged the entire 19-film MCU in 8 days back in April to prep and then watch Infinity War). Bo Burnham is my favorite new-age standup, but I love some of the classics as well. As you can tell from my profile I read manga. I read a few comics/graphic novels (such as TWD). Some of the most recent books I've read include 'Ready Player One' & 'Simon and the Homo Sapiens Agenda'...and next two books to read are 'A Tale of Two Cities' (yes I know I should have read this like 20-25 years ago already) and 'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep'.

So yeah, we have pretty similar hobbies haha

May 16, 2018 9:42 AM
Apr 2018
Watch hentai, fap, and chill
This mantra never fails :)
May 16, 2018 9:44 AM

Feb 2018
It's ur choice really and if u re indecisive just throw a coin or something like that.
May 16, 2018 11:17 AM

Feb 2010
J_LEE_C said:
Pullman said:

lol same man. I watch about 30-35 ongoing western TV series that I'm up-to-date on and have seen every episode of (just added another on last night - "The End of the F***ing World" from Netflix). I watch at least 2-3 non-anime movies per week (and actually just binged the entire 19-film MCU in 8 days back in April to prep and then watch Infinity War). Bo Burnham is my favorite new-age standup, but I love some of the classics as well. As you can tell from my profile I read manga. I read a few comics/graphic novels (such as TWD). Some of the most recent books I've read include 'Ready Player One' & 'Simon and the Homo Sapiens Agenda'...and next two books to read are 'A Tale of Two Cities' (yes I know I should have read this like 20-25 years ago already) and 'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep'.

So yeah, we have pretty similar hobbies haha

Haha nice. It's not that often that you meet people who are into a broad range of mediums among the anime community.

I've watched TV Series before I even got into anime and always maintained that over the years although I didn't watch that much for a long time until Netflix started coming around.
I used to watch some series year by year like Arrow, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Blacklist because I didn't know what else I'd watch from the currently airing ones but I dropped pretty much all of them by now because the new stuff coming out on Netflix & HBO tends to be way more exciting. Some of my Netflix favorites are Stranger Things, The Bridge, Sense8, Orange is the New Black, Bojack Horseman, Mindhunter, Master of None, 3%, Arrested Development, Black Mirror and the documentaries Making a Murderer and Wild Wild Country. But my absolute favorite has to be Dark from last year.

With Movies it's not something I do regularly every week like you, but I have these phases a few times a year where I kinda binge watch movies for a week or two. Not really up to date with most recent blockbusters. When I watch movies I usually choose them based on directors or actors I really like (or am interested in because of their reputation/acclaim). I'll throw in some random sci-fi stuff and I do like some of the superhero franchises too (Guardians of the Galaxy and Deadpool are the obvious faves :>) but other than that I mostly stick to older stuff with movies (that can range from a few years ago to the 50s).

As for Standup I've always loved it and we have a fantastic tradition here in austria too with a bunch of my favorites being locals, but it wasn't until last year that I really started to explore what's out there internationally beyond the few I was familiar with and loved already (Louis CK, Jim Jefferies, Bill Burr, George Carlin, Patton Oswalt).
And I found a lot of amazing stuff, both new and old, but especially new. Bo Burnham would definitely also be one of my top picks. I also love Aziz Ansari and Dave Chappelle's recent specials were fantastic too. And there's a couple of individual specials that I found amazing as well, like Homecoming King by Hasan Minhaj or Career Suicide by Chris Gethard or 3 Mics by Neal Brennan.
It's definitely also thanks to netflix and their huge selection of standup that I watched over 100 standup specials in the last 6 months ^^.

With Manga and Books I'm kinda similar as with movies, if I find an author I love I tend to get as many of their books as I can rather than trying out random ones, although I do that too of course. My main genre is definitely sci-fi and my favorite author is Stanislaw Lem. There's a few authors, including him, where I own almost all the books they published and read most of them, but that also means there's a lot of authors I haven't tried yet.
I also love fantasy novels, that's literally what first got me into fiction in general as a kid and what started by collection. I still have a whole shelf full with fantasy stuff I read as a kid and teen. There's still one or two franchises I follow but for the last few years I've mostly been reading my way through the entire discworld saga and now I only have a few books left from it. Terry Pratchet is really fantastic and I'll probably check out his non-discworld stuff too afterwards. After 30+ books of discworld I'm still not tired of his writing, and the books even keep getting better.
I probably regret this post by now.
May 16, 2018 11:33 AM

Jun 2017
Nah Naruto's fine , and that pic would be too small anyway.

May 16, 2018 12:14 PM

Jan 2017
Pullman said:

Haha nice. It's not that often that you meet people who are into a broad range of mediums among the anime community.

Ah, yes I had actually started a forum topic a while back about favorite modern non-anime tv series. https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1707061 That's *most of my list, though I know there are a few that I forgot to mention.

I was actually later to the game in willingness to adopt Netflix/Hulu/Roku-capabilities. I still remember back in the day having antenna TV and only getting like 3 1/2 channels. Pre-DVR when you actually had to be in front of the TV to see a show you liked (Frasier, Seinfeld, Friends, original X-Files). Then getting Dish Network with satellite was a huge deal. And then getting DVR-abilities was an even Bigger deal.

But I've finally conceded and have been happy with Netflix/Hulu/Amazon the past few years. (series like Stranger Things, Dark, and Lost in Space 2018 hugely impacted my recent affinity for Netflix). I'm aware of the other Netflix series you mentioned, but haven't personally watched them yet. Sense8 is on my list, and I've been recommended by a few people to check out 3%. Its so late in the game now for shows like OITNB & Arrested Dev that I'm hesistant to start them. Similar situation with Game of Thrones on satellite TV lol.

You mentioned some of the older movies. I recently just downloaded Seven Samauri (1954) because I've heard its one of the most referenced and acclaimed films of all time, and was used as inspiration for the creator of the new Isle of Dogs stop-motion animated film I just watched (and really enjoyed) recently. But I can see what you mean with the occasional binges. I crossed off a few films that ***I definitely should have already seen by now but hadn't*** in the past few months, such as Donnie Darko & E.T. the Extraterrestrial. Its like a sin not to have seen E.T. being nearly 30 years old now. So I remedied that.

I know of those first comedians you mentioned, but haven't seen much of their material of some of them, I have though of Carlin & Oswalt. Aziz & Chappelle are great too, I agree. That's one area of Netflix I haven't explored much re: standup. Other than Burnham, I don't think I've seen any on Netflix. His Words, Words, Words special was one of the first things I ever watched on Netflix of any time of entertainment acutally.

For books, when I was younger I was hugely interested in Harry Potter (ofc), but also the Pendragon series, Shadow Children series, Artemis Fowl series, Alex Rider series, to name a few. There's a lot more, but my memory currently fails me. lol

But yeah, its nice to meet like-minded people.

More topics from this board

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - 3 hours ago

19 by Ex-Aid »»
14 seconds ago

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - 11 hours ago

23 by FanofAction »»
1 minute ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Anime Watching Challenge - Sign-Up (Open Until December 10th) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

983 by SebasL21 »»
2 minutes ago

» what's the worst anime you've watched and what exactly was the worst part of it ? ( 1 2 )

ame - Apr 7

67 by FanofAction »»
9 minutes ago

» โ„๏ธ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

211 by TitanOfPlasma »»
11 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.