Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 15, 2018 1:37 PM

Jul 2015
Not shipping in general, the wars, the battles on the field
I am a very strong shipper if i find some sort of reason that these two would be cute together then i grab it
However there are people that are very, obnoxious, when it comes to this
You might have one side that likes Kokichi X Himiko, and another that likes Shuichi X Kokichi
You might have one side that likes NaruHina, and another that likes NaruSaku
You might have one side that likes Jaden X Alexis, and another that likes Jaden X That blue haired guy who really liked gems
If there is a fandom, there are ships
there is suffering
I usually keep out of these things, especially if i just don't care about the characters that much
but sometimes there are times where i get buttblasted and start fighting with others simply for having a different opinion (I'm still mad over bleach, fite me)

What about you? how do feel about shipping wars?
SUPER CUTIE SUPER STAR
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 15, 2018 1:40 PM

Jun 2017
Inb4 baiting shitstorm with people whining about their opinions.
AbyssCapitalist said:
What the hell is a shipping war ?????
People flaming each other about whom should be with whom.
I'm a shitposter for fun
May 15, 2018 1:42 PM

Feb 2013
i highly prefer waifu wars over shipping wars

the only ship that matters is me x my waifu

Apr 2016
I love them because it produces a huge amount of salt like Darling in the FranXX did recently. But then people take things too far like with the aformentioned show or Tokyo Ghoul and start sending death threats to the people behined those series, which is not okay.

May 2014
Anime fans are gross and weird just watch a show without being an embarrassment
May 15, 2018 1:43 PM

Jul 2015
Best girl must wins or 0/10
anything else is bullshit
May 15, 2018 1:44 PM

Jul 2015
Vlad4o said:
I love them because it produces a huge amount of salt like Darling in the FranXX did recently. But then people take things too far like with the aformentioned show or Tokyo Ghoul and start sending death threats to the people behined those series, which is not okay.

Didn't the director for FranXX also get death threats?
jeez, i was mad too but calm your mind
SUPER CUTIE SUPER STAR
May 15, 2018 1:46 PM

Apr 2018
They're pointless, retarded, embarassing and cringy. No offense.
May 15, 2018 1:48 PM

Apr 2016
VanVeleca said:
Vlad4o said:

Didn't the director for FranXX also get death threats?
jeez, i was mad too but calm your mind

Yep he did. Also the lead writer and artist as well if I'm not mistaken. That's why I mentioned FranXX.
May 15, 2018 1:48 PM

Apr 2018
meh I can care less which characters end up with each other..... I just care about my Waifu and that my Waifu is the the best and no one gets her lmao
May 15, 2018 1:50 PM

Jun 2017
AbyssCapitalist said:
ZionPulse said:
Inb4 baiting shitstorm with people whining about their opinions.
People flaming each other about whom should be with whom.

Then some people may have too much free time.
Gee, it's not like we're browsing MAL or anything.
I'm a shitposter for fun
May 15, 2018 1:58 PM

Dec 2012
It reminds me of those "Goku vs Luffy" crossover battles that people spend hours arguing about. If that's what people are into, go for it. Though personally I see shipping as a sad way to explore characters since it fundamentally forces the viewer's expectations onto them.
May 15, 2018 2:01 PM
Apr 2016
tragedydesu said:
Best girl must wins or 0/10
anything else is bullshit
And the biggest problem is.... Best girl never wins 😞
May 15, 2018 2:02 PM

Jul 2013
They are wonderful, especially when they end causing outrages like the one with Darling in the FranXX recently.
May 15, 2018 2:03 PM

Sep 2014
The jackasses at amazon decided to increase prime to $119 yearly now, so I'm salty about shipping.
May 15, 2018 2:03 PM

Jul 2011
You don't choose the ship, the ship chooses you!
May 15, 2018 2:13 PM

Feb 2016
12 year old me punched a girl because she shipped Azula with Sokka. Shipping is serious business, at least among girls.
May 15, 2018 2:15 PM

Jul 2011
steponmeazula said:
12 year old me punched a girl because she shipped Azula with Sokka. Shipping is serious business, at least among girls.

Well that ship sucks! At least she didn't ship her with Zuko!
May 15, 2018 2:17 PM

Jun 2017
I got to say that shipping and waifuism keep this industry alive and growing , hating it is OK but don't expect it to stop anytime soon .

I do ship some characters , but I'm not as enthusiastic about it unless it involves Kirisu , Yukinoshita or Yuigahama.

May 15, 2018 2:22 PM

Oct 2010
Shipping wars are weird but funny. It's strange when people flame on forums but that's internet for you. I always ship characters or choose best girl for fun, I don't get serious, even for movies or books.

Ikuno best girl from darling.
May 15, 2018 2:25 PM

May 2015
Shipping Wars are fun. I'll let the kids fight over each other while I sit back, relax, and enjoy the show while munching on some Pocky.
May 15, 2018 3:44 PM

Oct 2015
I participate in shipping wars and I will accuse people of shit taste.

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,
𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫' 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔶 𝔪𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

May 15, 2018 4:39 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
I'll sadly participate only to defend. It's really pointless in all honesty. Why people can't just let people like what they like is beyond me. The amount of berating and hypocrisy in my current main stead fandom is fucking ridiculous.
May 15, 2018 4:41 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
steponmeazula said:

I think you under estimate how many guys are shippers. That entire debacle with Darling in the Franxx and wifudom is steamed into shipping.
May 15, 2018 4:44 PM

Jul 2017
cancerous and sometimes toxic. Avoid at all costs.

"Do you know why snow is white? 
Because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be." - C.C.

May 15, 2018 4:51 PM
Jun 2017
Never really participate in one of these "Wars" cause I'm would be satisfy if the canon pairing is reasonable, you know, if it's not come out of nowhere or something.
Darling in the Franxx for example, the pairing is not quite the norm, but it's reasonable still.
the One Time where I actually participate is Genshiken, the last pair is just, WTF!
I was pretty hype up too, because there're 2 equally good candidates, and either of them would be fine by me, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOoooo
Like what was the author thinking, flip a coin?
May 15, 2018 10:46 PM

Mar 2012
Voted for the 1st option. I just want to stay away from those retarded shippers who can go to any lengths to force their ships down other people's throats. I'd rather block them than waste my time arguing. Besides those masochist Japanese authors/mangakas usually only support the worst guy/girl so I'm always on the losing side.
May 15, 2018 10:59 PM

Aug 2015
I've went through the era of:
Hinata vs Sakura
Orihime vs Rukia
The great shipping war Onodera vs Chitoge and Rem vs Emilia
Then, the currently airing Zero Two vs Ichigo

But I never participate in these fandoms.. so I don't really care...
But I have to admit, seeing people getting salty and went into a rage, is really fun.

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
May 15, 2018 11:06 PM

Dec 2017
Observe but never participate in them.

Let them fight each other and laugh at the memes I guess.
Least degenerate visual novel enjoyer.

May 16, 2018 7:27 AM
Oct 2017
why did they split the third season into different cours, when did anime become harry potter movie? its fucking dumb
May 16, 2018 7:31 AM

Jul 2013
Tarotist said:
Shipping Wars are fun. I'll let the kids fight over each other while I sit back, relax, and enjoy the show while munching on some Pocky.
Ayy, this made me remember that Chris is forever alone.
May 16, 2018 7:41 AM

Jan 2016
Shipping wars can be either a good thing or a bad thing. For me it's fine and fun.
May 16, 2018 7:48 AM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
For shipping? Shipping is really silly. I’m not stopping you or anything, go ahead. Have fun with Sonic x Goku. Nobody is stopping you from drawing fan art of art or thinking it either.

Ship WARS? You don’t take the series that seriously do you? Wait, what was that? “Like, The MC and sidekick got touchy this one scene, and they were always like childhood friends, so that’s proof it’s wrong to ship MC and other sidekick you (insert personally charged insult here) 🤓” Yeah no that’s too far. There is no reason to fight over something trivial as anime characters. Getting tribalistic over your “ships” is way too far (especially when you attack the franchise creators for it...). Questioning the state of character relationships in anime is fine, but instigating internet flames because something contradicts your ideal ship is too far. It’s just embarrassing.
Waifu wars fluctuate. It can just be little “robin > nami” comments or a huge flame war why YOUR waifu is wrong and MINE IS THE RIGHT ONE.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 16, 2018 8:09 AM
Jul 2018
ship wars are half the reason fanbases get ruined

and shipping is just pointless anyway
May 16, 2018 8:10 AM

Jan 2010
I'm a shipper and it's a serious business for me. I live for my OTPs.
When I said serious, I mean like, I spend time and money and effort on them.
Not to defend them, not to force them on people, not to force them to become canon (though I'd be elated if they do become canon).
Just simply enjoying them and share my love for them is what I meant by serious business.

So, I don't participate in ship wars.

I'm one of those shippers who post and share contents for my ships.
I read fanfics.
I make, share and collect fanarts.
I buy, read, share and translate doujinshis.
I talk about my ships to fellow fans.
I show and spread my love about my ships by creating contents for them.

I don't force anyone to ship my ships.

But I do hate when ppl that talk shit abt my ships but I mostly ignore them and focus on enjoying/making more contents of my ships for me and fellow fans to enjoy.

Haters gonna hate.

But it's kind of fun to read shipping wars of ships I don't really care that much about lol.
May 16, 2018 8:23 AM

Dec 2017
shipping wars sound like a romanticized version of war over trade routes and commodities

okay for real. i never met a shipper in real life, maybe they’re not showing it.

if they want to wage a war with each other, let them do so. but i still can’t fathom what kind of argument they want to bring on the debate over a fictional pairings, but that’s their war, it can’t be helped, whoever wins is the happiest i guess.

some people just have more imagination than the other.

don’t get me wrong, i’ll pair the fuck outta Raku and Onodera, and i have my reason ready. but there are some cases that people harrasing the author for making a decision that against a majority of the community, and that’s way over the line for me. so a moderate and civilized shipping war maybe better

i dunno though, all i know is that a heated argument always bring excitement
May 16, 2018 8:33 AM
Sep 2017
Tbh..i dont really mind the shipping. But if it gets too overhand like taking real people then its garbage.

May 16, 2018 8:41 AM

May 2017
If you're talking about anime which is purely Romance based then definitely it matters. Otherwise what's the point of watching Romance.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 16, 2018 3:32 PM

Sep 2010
Shipping discourse is cancerous and I'd rather not be a part of it honestly, but sometimes you just get sucked into it
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"

Jan 2018
Waifu wars, where dreams and wet dreams collide.
Aug 2016
Yea, like Pirates of the Carribean right?
May 16, 2018 3:34 PM

Sep 2017
Watch them from a distance, grab some popcorn, stay out of the fire and soak up the drama.

“If you live for yourself you’ve only got yourself to blame. So I can’t really blame anyone else and I don’t have any regrets.”

list

May 16, 2018 4:42 PM

Aug 2014
Honestly I don't mind if people wanna ship, I have done it in the past too but to me there is only two rules I care about

1. Respect mine and Ill Respect yours
2. If Rule 1 is too difficult then your ship is invalid

Simple

May 16, 2018 5:00 PM

Jul 2017
SoulResonanceLP said:
Honestly I don't mind if people wanna ship, I have done it in the past too but to me there is only two rules I care about

1. Respect mine and Ill Respect yours
2. If Rule 1 is too difficult then your ship is invalid

Simple

Pretty much the same goes for me, but i rarely ship. Really only do it if im hype.
May 16, 2018 7:46 PM
Jul 2018
Never really been passionate about a ship to the extent that I'd argue to the death for it. But I do like to bring up my points of why I think my ship makes sense with the context that is given from the anime/manga. It's also rare that I ship only one couple per series. So I often find myself giggling at "A/B vs A/C shipping war" because I just might agree with both!
May 16, 2018 8:26 PM

Feb 2015
AbyssCapitalist said:
What the hell is a shipping war ?????

tbh???? the things people do these days
May 16, 2018 8:31 PM
Jul 2018
I get how some series can have this effect on the fandom, but I just can't see how can people get crazy with it.

Except if you ship anything other than Deku x Uraraka in BNH.
I will personally hunt you if you do.
May 16, 2018 9:48 PM

Dec 2012
Business competition is usually good for the customer.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

May 17, 2018 5:18 AM

Nov 2015
Its pretty cringey, but i don't really care if people participate in them.
May 17, 2018 5:44 AM

Sep 2011
I find it funny. Especially to the people who ships male A x female B/C/D strongly although officially it will never happen because male A x female A are bound to be together in the end.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst ( 1 2 )

EastIndiaCompany - Yesterday

53 by Acctra »»
9 minutes ago

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - 42 minutes ago

7 by LoveYourEyes »»
16 minutes ago

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - Yesterday

20 by Sorachin »»
17 minutes ago

» have you guys watched texhnolyze?

brainburger - Apr 21

37 by animejas »»
22 minutes ago

» Things you are jealous of in anime

IpreferEcchi - Apr 20

46 by Maou_heika »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.