Forum Settings
Forums

This era of anime needs to be burned and buried

New
May 15, 2018 12:07 PM

Oct 2008
Look man, I am not gonna say back in my days anime were the best blah blah as I know most of it comes to your own preferences. However, it feels to me that the anime industry it's taking a nosedive possibly into one of the worst eras of its time.

How could a sane person support the current state of anime being released into mainstream. Whatever happened to the Golden formulas created in the past so they could be used now? Why must the anime industry keep generating these 3, 7,10 minutes anime that absolutely nobody gives a fuck about?

Please stop this madness please japan wake the fuck up, you proved japan is full of loli cons or idol cons enough already go back to making good quality content, or at least recycle classics with today's animation I am begging you.

I am tired of yaoi and Yuri and loli and idols being thrown in my face thanks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_49H_N43jQ

#MakeAnimeGreatAgain

SAY NO MORE LOLI! BRING MORE GENRES EVERY SEASON THAN JUST LOLI
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 15, 2018 12:08 PM

May 2014
There are a bunch of great anime every season, no clue what you're on about.
May 15, 2018 12:12 PM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Then don't watch them? There's at least one show worth watching each season and you are complaining? Pls
May 15, 2018 12:12 PM

Jun 2014
I've been watching Anime since 1992, and I prefer Anime from the 80s and 90s over what we have today, but that being said, I'm no longer going to waste my breath trying to change the times. I hate loli/moe/CGDCT as much as the next old school fan, but there's no use in talking to these people or attempting to change them. Just ignore them instead.

I just ignore most newer Anime, and focus on the older stuff that I know I'll enjoy. Another thing though, I actually like Shounen-ai and male idol shows, so at least there's a tiny bit of newer Anime that I can appreciate.

May 15, 2018 12:14 PM

Feb 2018
I don't think there is a single person that enjoyes every single anime being released but given that the number of shows coming out increases constantly there is usually something decent to watch every single season so I don't really see the problem.
May 15, 2018 12:16 PM

Jul 2015
There is few worth watching anime every season

My problem with this era is incomplete adaptations
Those half assed 1 cour adaptations need to fucking die
May 15, 2018 12:18 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
WHY AREN'T THEY CATERING TO MY TASTE???

ANIME SUCKS NOW

so what about the people who are pretty much happy with anime now?

like me? :D
May 15, 2018 12:19 PM

Nov 2008
This Spring is a stinker overall. I want Summer to come so I can get a decent number of good anime.

May 15, 2018 12:21 PM

Jun 2017
Does it? then tell me if the 80s have a masterpiece like Ero Manga Sensei...

these plebs.

May 15, 2018 12:22 PM

Dec 2016
Just because you don't personally like the anime being produced does not mean that they are bad. Just watch older anime if that's what you like.
May 15, 2018 12:25 PM
Jun 2015
Ericonator said:

How To Train Your Dragon With Vore.
Mecha Doggy style
Steins Gate Oppai upgrade edition.
loli sword art online
Fujoshi cancer finds a boyfriend.
weaboo princess falls in love with photographer club member.
Highschool flopping fish boob sounds XD
Amnesia romance
fujoshi magical girls
Zegapain ripoff
Kuroko no Basket of Heroes
loli twin fetish
Guy plays piano fetish
Girls talking before train crosses fetish
Gundam Art online
Italian funded Anime
May 15, 2018 12:27 PM

Apr 2016
Then stop watching the new anime and go back to 80's and 90's.. Go and watch DBZ and other anime
I personally don't like the old anime ....

May 15, 2018 12:28 PM

Apr 2016
Another "back in the old days" thread. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Just becasue the 80's and 90's had Cowboy Bebop, Trigun and a couple of decent studio ghibli films doesn't mean that back then was the golden age of anime and every single season we were getting 10/10 legendary masterpieces. There were a lot of shit shows back then, but people don't want to admit it. But what can you do when they are blinded by nostalgia.

May 15, 2018 12:29 PM

Mar 2018
I haven't seen nearly enough anime to definitively comment, but I do agree that anime of the last 5 or so years doesn't seem as good as some of the older stuff. Seems the industry is going for quantity over quality. Still though, there are some anime coming up this summer that look interesting, and will hopefully be good
May 15, 2018 12:30 PM

Mar 2018
Wait really that's what you think?
this season's actually pretty lit.

Maybe you just have grew out of anime, imo.
May 15, 2018 12:30 PM

Oct 2008
Ericonator said:

I can agree with you on the fact that on most SEASONS there are maybe one or two excepts, that doesn't change the fact that most recently it's been crap.

Barnald said:
Then don't watch them? There's at least one show worth watching each season and you are complaining? Pls

Yes, it's easy don't watch them. The era of good anime is gone and I find myself reading manga than watching anime because of this reason.

Seiya said:
I've been watching Anime since 1992, and I prefer Anime from the 80s and 90s over what we have today, but that being said, I'm no longer going to waste my breath trying to change the times. I hate loli/moe/CGDCT as much as the next old school fan, but there's no use in talking to these people or attempting to change them. Just ignore them instead.

I just ignore most newer Anime, and focus on the older stuff that I know I'll enjoy. Another thing though, I actually like Shounen-ai and male idol shows, so at least there's a tiny bit of newer Anime that I can appreciate.

brother we need to stick together bring back good content

Bfolls said:
I haven't seen nearly enough anime to definitively comment, but I do agree that anime of the last 5 or so years doesn't seem as good as some of the older stuff. Seems the industry is going for quantity over quality. Still though, there are some anime coming up this summer that look interesting, and will hopefully be good

You know what I just realized, it's easier for the younger generation to say that the quality of anime nowadays is not bad, and that is most likely because they never seen "good anime" made in the previous years. It's quite sad that younger viewers will not go back and watch some of these masterpieces because they don't approve of the animation or style of the show. If I only watched shit anime all of myself then of course I wouldn't be able to differentiate between quality (I know it comes down to self preferences but it's the truth)
Cro_pcMay 15, 2018 12:36 PM

#MakeAnimeGreatAgain

May 15, 2018 12:31 PM

Dec 2017
Since when was anime required to cater to the specific taste of yours?

If you don’t like it, ignore it.
Least degenerate visual novel enjoyer.

May 15, 2018 12:31 PM

Jul 2015
Maximilious said:
or at least recycle classics with today's animation I am begging you.

But animation was better too in the 80's... (^:
May 15, 2018 12:32 PM

Feb 2016
I'm tired of seeing straight shit in every anime i watch tbh.... they really need to make good shoujo ai animes. i can't even name one good sohujo ai title. they need to wake the fuck up and make some good fucking animes that isn't shitty or heteronormative for once!!!!
May 15, 2018 12:32 PM

Jun 2014
Maximilious said:
brother we need to stick together bring back good content

I think you'd fit right in my club:

https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=72788

May 15, 2018 12:33 PM

Dec 2017
Hey communist OP

Guess what? You don't like it? Then fucking move on,no one is forced to have the same taste as you.

If you don't like this era,then watch a old fucking anime,end of discussion.
May 15, 2018 12:33 PM

Feb 2010
No not really. It's ignorant threads like this this that need to be burned and buried tbh. Always the same shite, people growing out of anime and mistaking it for anime declining. *yawn*
I probably regret this post by now.
May 15, 2018 12:34 PM

Nov 2016
Honestly don't know what I hate more. No anime before 2000 plebs or oldschool fags :S

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 15, 2018 12:34 PM

Mar 2018
velvetPhos said:
More shitty shows ≠ less good shows

I think you need to understand this…
Yeah, there are more shitty shows in numbers or proportion in current era, considering many anime are intentionally created in lowest budget and effort possible just so the company can sell the license to CR or other services to increase the number of anime in their website and this wasn’t the case for older era.

Become good at choosing shows. This is all I can say.

You're way over estimating the revenue anime get from international licensing by at least an order of magnitude. Even if a show gets 50k views per episode (which the shows you mentioned absolutely will not), that's only a couple thousand dollars per episode. Not NEARLY enough to pay for even a super low budget anime.
May 15, 2018 12:37 PM

Oct 2008
You know what I just realized, it's easier for the younger generation to say that the quality of anime nowadays is not bad, and that is most likely because they never seen "good anime" made in the previous years. It's quite sad that younger viewers will not go back and watch some of these masterpieces because they don't approve of the animation or style of the show. If I only watched shit anime then of course I wouldn't be able to differentiate between quality (I know it comes down to self preferences but it's the truth)

#MakeAnimeGreatAgain

May 15, 2018 12:38 PM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Maximilious said:

Yes, it's easy don't watch them. The era of good anime is gone and I find myself reading manga than watching anime because of this reason.

Yeah, it's just your opinion and you are trying to make it sound like it's universal truth. Hate to break it for you, but noone really cares.
May 15, 2018 12:40 PM

Aug 2013
I would like to see threads and ignorants like OP buried. Why are you still here, complaining about how bad anime is now and how great it was in 80s and 90s (which is an obvious bullshit of course)? Go watch something else.
I liked 00s era the most (especially the atmosphere and character design) but it's not like I don't have anything to watch nowadays.
rsc-plMay 15, 2018 12:44 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
May 15, 2018 12:44 PM

Nov 2016
Maximilious said:
You know what I just realized, it's easier for the younger generation to say that the quality of anime nowadays is not bad, and that is most likely because they never seen "good anime" made in the previous years. It's quite sad that younger viewers will not go back and watch some of these masterpieces because they don't approve of the animation or style of the show. If I only watched shit anime all of myself then of course I wouldn't be able to differentiate between quality (I know it comes down to self preferences but it's the truth)

Sry to break it to you,but I'm one of those younger viewers and I can say with certainty that there isn't a difference in quality between old and modern anime.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 15, 2018 12:44 PM

Oct 2008
rsc-pl said:
I would like to see threads and ignorants like OP buried. Why are you still here, complaining about how bad anime is now and how great it was in 80s and 90s (which is an obvious bullshit of course)? Go watch something else.

I am ignorant because I refuse to cater to the same tastes as japan? Sorry buddy I am not a pedophile and I do not like lolis. I believe the meme is called pedobear right?

#MakeAnimeGreatAgain

May 15, 2018 12:45 PM

Dec 2016
Vlad4o said:
Another "back in the old days" thread. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Just becasue the 80's and 90's had Cowboy Bebop, Trigun and a couple of decent studio ghibli films doesn't mean that back then was the golden age of anime and every single season we were getting 10/10 legendary masterpieces. There were a lot of shit shows back then, but people don't want to admit it. But what can you do when they are blinded by nostalgia.

Took the words right out of my mouth.
May 15, 2018 12:46 PM

Aug 2013
Maximilious said:
rsc-pl said:

I am ignorant because I refuse to cater to the same tastes as japan? Sorry buddy I am not a pedophile and I do not like lolis.

And tell me again, who cares what you like? And especially, why Japan should care about your preferences? You are not a target audience.
rsc-plMay 15, 2018 12:49 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.

Aug 2015
Anime is fine, it's just you being old and grumpy downer

Apr 2016
Maximilious said:
You know what I just realized, it's easier for the younger generation to say that the quality of anime nowadays is not bad, and that is most likely because they never seen "good anime" made in the previous years. It's quite sad that younger viewers will not go back and watch some of these masterpieces because they don't approve of the animation or style of the show. If I only watched shit anime then of course I wouldn't be able to differentiate between quality (I know it comes down to self preferences but it's the truth)

You can't complain about people not watching classics when you don't have a single anime by Dezaki, Tomino, or Takahata on your list.
FullmetalAliasMay 15, 2018 12:52 PM
May 15, 2018 12:48 PM

Feb 2010
I mean OP has to be a troll/baiter pretty much because they haven't even seen any shows from recent years. They tried a whole 1 anime from 2018 and that was about the most mainstream and controversial one they could have picked (Darling in the Franxx) and then they wonder where the good shows are. The only stuff they even watched from 2016 and 2017 were hentai. They clearly know nothing about contemporary anime, have zero experience with them and therefore no idea what they are talking about. Probably just braindeadly parroting some meme they read around the internet.

Either this is serious mental retardation if they think their nonexistent experience makes them able to form a judgment on the things they have no experience with, or much more likely, a bait thread from someone who hasn't been into anime for a while.
May 15, 2018 12:48 PM

Oct 2008
FullmetalAlias said:

You can't complain about people not watching classics when you don't have a single anime by Dezaki or Takahata on your list.

I stopped updating my list properly when I entered college then university, sorry to disappoint

#MakeAnimeGreatAgain

May 15, 2018 12:49 PM

Apr 2016
velvetPhos said:
Vlad4o said:

Even though I agree with you about there were many shit shows back then, but… I just can’t agree with your logic behind your argument.
I definitely have feeling of nostalgia toward Rose of Versailles even if I was born in 90s and watched the show two month ago, right?

You can have feelings of nostalgia towards it. It doesn't matter when you were born or when you started watching anime. I'm mostly using the "nostalgia" argument from people like OP who praise stuff from the pass and say that every single show from the 2000's or 2010's is shit, yet not even admitting that even back then there were bad shows and not everything was amazing. I can see why it would be a weak argument though.
May 15, 2018 12:49 PM

Feb 2010
Maximilious said:

Yeah I've seen more and better old anime than you as well, not just more and better new anime

Mod edit: removed bait
BrandonMay 17, 2018 5:29 AM
May 15, 2018 12:50 PM

Mar 2018
But you have shit taste and watch hentai
poop
May 15, 2018 12:50 PM

Oct 2008
Vlad4o said:
velvetPhos said:

Even though I agree with you about there were many shit shows back then, but… I just can’t agree with your logic behind your argument.
I definitely have feeling of nostalgia toward Rose of Versailles even if I was born in 90s and watched the show two month ago, right?

You can have feelings of nostalgia towards it. It doesn't matter when you were born or when you started watching anime. I'm mostly using the "nostalgia" argument from people like OP who praise stuff from the pass and say that every single show from the 2000's or 2010's is shit, yet not even admitting that even back then there were bad shows and not everything was amazing. I can see why it would be a weak argument though.

When did I say 00s were shit? please stop putting words in my mouth.

#MakeAnimeGreatAgain

May 15, 2018 12:51 PM

Feb 2010
Maximilious said:
FullmetalAlias said:

You can't complain about people not watching classics when you don't have a single anime by Dezaki or Takahata on your list.

I stopped updating my list properly when I entered college then university, sorry to disappoint

Yeah right, the only thing important enough to add in recent years were those hentai you watched but not the classics you allegedly love so much.

You're talking out of your ass and anybody who actually has experience with old and new anime can tell. You have no idea what you are talking about.
May 15, 2018 12:52 PM

Aug 2013
You have an interesting set of problems. You're force feeding yourself garbage, overrating the old stuff, and assuming that everyone should share your same tastes. All at the same time. Neat.

It feels almost stupid to say this, because it's so blatantly obvious-- but here you go:
log in once every few weeks and check the "seasonal anime" and pick 1 or 2 that might be good in your preferred genre. If you're having loli and yuri "thrown in your face," clearly that's what you are choosing to watch and you should just love yourself enough to admit who you are.
May 15, 2018 12:56 PM

Jan 2017
I get what you mean but really? Are you sure you want anime to follow a "golden formula"? That sounds like a great way to limit creativity. But if you want great shounen (cause I think its safe to assume that's what you're going on about) then look to manga. For example, The Promised Neverland only started a year ago and yet has a captivating and well-developed story.
May 15, 2018 12:57 PM
Jan 2013
Burning down japan sounds pretty fun lets do that
gone bai bai
May 15, 2018 12:59 PM

Oct 2008
Mkim said:

2018 anime season ≠ japan =/ or is it your wish?

#MakeAnimeGreatAgain

May 15, 2018 1:00 PM

Mar 2018
velvetPhos said:
Bfolls said:

You're way over estimating the revenue anime get from international licensing by at least an order of magnitude. Even if a show gets 50k views per episode (which the shows you mentioned absolutely will not), that's only a couple thousand dollars per episode. Not NEARLY enough to pay for even a super low budget anime.

Hmm… I was guessing that those shows are making money by foreign licensing, but I guess it’s not true.

TV series like Two Car can’t get much production cost covered by TV broadcasters and anime studio begs TV broadcasters to let them air the show. Also, the advertisement revenue is super low because those anime are usually aired in time slot that nobody gives a shit. Not to mention Blu-ray sales would be close to zero because of quality.

So, I thought it wouldn’t make any sense to make the show if they can’t get decent money from foreign licensing.
Now, I’m questioning more about those lowest possible budget shows…

Beats me the number of producers listed on two car makes me wonder if there was bigger plans for the show and it ended up getting bogged down in the production committee or something. It had some big name voice actors too, maybe they blew the budget there and didn't have enough to give it decent animation?
Jan 2013
Maximilious said:
Mkim said:

2018 anime season ≠ japan =/ or is it your wish?
hey hey
you were the one who brought up the idea
gone bai bai

Aug 2015
You're right, the anime industry needs to go back to producing garbage 25 minute OVAs that absolutely nobody gives a fuck about instead.
May 15, 2018 1:08 PM

Nov 2014
Ugh, another one of these threads *starts skimming*
Maximilious said:
Why must the anime industry keep generating these 3, 7,10 minutes anime that absolutely nobody gives a fuck about?
Oh now you're stepping in my turf, lol. I understand being against the "yaoi and yuri and loli and idols". I don't agree with it, but I understand at the very least. The surge of short format shows though is what I consider to be the best part of this decade's anime. As a full-time salaryman, coming home and jamming out a quick 5 minute, lighthearted short can sometimes be just what I need to take the edge off. From what I understand about Japanese work ethic as well, I'm willing to bet this is the case for a good chunk of people too. Moral of the story: You not caring about a subgenre doesn't mean that nobody gives a fuck.
May 15, 2018 1:09 PM
Jul 2018
I often find all sorts of interesting things and things I do watch but am like meh about, watching it mostly because I like to challenge myself more than anything to view something new. but, yes, it's a hit or a miss, but I'm constantly finding new things (ongoing/second season) of things which entertain me greatly. it's not going to be old school, hand drawn cells aren't rightfully done anymore, and what sells and is popular tends to be what sells.
May 15, 2018 1:12 PM
Apr 2017
i do hate the loli, woman degrading and what not service the anime industry is providing these day
but there are anime out there that you can check out that dont have what you said
its just those arent marketed enough
here is a recent example i have watched of a good idea for an anime turned to shit
cross ange
i dont recommend this one to anyone
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Your top 5 anime couples

Anjumhossain - Dec 12, 2022

37 by Chileno-12 »»
17 seconds ago

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - Today

43 by DoisacChopper »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - Yesterday

39 by weebtoge »»
6 minutes ago

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 10 hours ago

36 by KenaiPhoenix »»
15 minutes ago

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 6 hours ago

37 by ChrisBlitz »»
28 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.